Dutchies (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 20
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Re: Night 4 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Draconus »

Not a bad result for llama. Another potential kill is gone.

I really wanted to vote for Wilson :( But I will go with full service bar, instead. I'll keep myself entertained on this island :beer:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

Draconus wrote:Not a bad result for llama. Another potential kill is gone.

I really wanted to vote for Wilson :( But I will go with full service bar, instead. I'll keep myself entertained on this island :beer:
MFW Draconus votes for Position 1 and JJJbrick isn't dead yet :rolleyes:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:Don't you think that at this stage, if we figured out the poll is positions, the hosts my shift positions around and not fit it to chronological order?
I do think that they're likely mixing it up, and they may have been doing it all along for all I know. I've seen arguments against it, but there's ways to get around them. "They wouldn't randomize them on the baddies, making them unable to plan their Position!" Well, they could just tell the people with Positions which options stands for which number.

I also think that there may be a Trickster-type role that can affect the content and game-result of the night polls - that's the role SVS had in A World Reborn, and I know she enjoyed it. Perhaps this role is inventing things like the Brangelina Photo Shoot and the Sonny and Cher Revival. So I would advise people to be wary of an option that is a big crowd-pleaser, a likely choice to get more votes. It could be a trap designed by a baddie. I'm going to go with hat and sunscreen, because it's the lamest one.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@Hosts would Roger Rabbit's role affect only (hypothetical) role-checkers or would the framing extend past any (hypothetical) role reveals.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Roger Rabbit - Who Framed Roger Rabbit BADDIE
In position 4, Roger Rabbit can frame a player by making them appear bad to alignment checks.
In any other Position, he may target a player and force them to post using only emoticons for the next Day.
Let's not be willfully ignorant here.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

It would only affect checks, not actual role reveals.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I understand your case LC and though it drives me nuts to be seeing it again, the evidence you have can validly implicate me. I'm not sure what I can say in my defense beyond WIFOM, but I'll do it anyway:

Assuming the mafia team with the positions, if there is only one such team) communally benefits from those positions, then the lynch stop for Kubrick is probably not the only one they have left. In fact I know for sure that's still an active thing, so let's never vote position one in any night phase eh? Anyway as I was saying: I have the utmost confidence in myself that I can evade a lynch even when the pressure is at maximum, and I wouldn't feel the need to call for a lynch stop from my teamie's skillset -- I'd acquiesce that forced position right to some other ability in our collective and play my own game to get around the lynch pressure. If I had to identify a single trait as my strongest baddie skill, it'd be my ability to respond to pressure and move votes off of me. That's how I won the champs finale -- I was under pressure pretty much the whole game starting from the first half of the first day, but they waited until Day 4 to lynch me because I kept wiggling out of the noose.

This time I haven't resisted the noose that fervently. On Day 3.0 I knew I would survive either way because of my role. I did put effort into preventing the lynch because I wanted my ability to affect a night kill instead, but I still didn't fight it as hard as I usually have in the past. On Day 3.5 I literally welcomed my lynch and if LoRab hadn't been the lynch in that 4-way tie and FZ would have been, I'd have really regretted my own survival significantly (assuming I'm right that she's civilian). I knew then that people were too hung up on my case and that they only way to get over it would be for me to die. I told DharmaHelper as much when I practically asked for a lynch. I thought it was well in hand too when I left, but then the 4-way tie shenanigans developed and the rest is history.

Moreover, while I was under some pressure exiting Night 2, it wasn't intense pressure and I didn't feel like my lynch was imminent or even likely. I'd have felt the same way as a bad guy. There would have been better ways to use that position force of LoRab's, or at least I'd have felt that way.

It's all WIFOM, but that's all I can give you in response to a case built around someone else's role.

As for why I haven't been night killed, well... I think that's pretty clear. Just ask yourself how likely they are to kill me tonight with you yammering about lynching me and putting up numerous lengthy posts to support it?
Well shit, I'd have to agree there. :suspish:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

It's all WIFOM, but that's all I can give you in response to a case built around someone else's role.
That's HARDLY the crux of LC's suspicions against you. :suspish:

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Other than position 1, is there any other position we should avoid voting for? I don't think so but I want to be sure I haven't missed something.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
bea wrote:a) I don't understand rico's spreadsheet, but then again, I never do.

b) should we talk at all about the night poll? Do we think all the positions are in order? Cuz I really want to vote for a well stocked bar, but if it could potentially be bad maybe not? IDK?

linki - my distrust of LC is pretty well documented FZ. He's really really good at this game. This how I feel during every game I play with LC - I'm all Mulder. I want to believe. More than any single player I've ever played with, I have a hard time 100 percent trusting LC. It's not fair to him. I know. It is what it is. That said, he's a stand up guy and kind as the day is long. I adore the dickens out of him. Also - most people don't know this, but he has a lovely singing voice. :)

also - wtf was up with my phrasing up there? "use thread stuff to build a completely believable case" is how that should have read.

I srrsly need to be not on the same schedule as the hubby if I want to mafia - he's been tempting me for hours with tv catch up - previews for Arrow and Game of Thrones, teefurry kitty shirts and stickers for my car.
I've been contemplating LC since the beginning of the game, but always come up with nothing. The two biggest problems I have with him are:

a. his continued suspicion of JJJ and unwillingness to budge. I think civvies waver, they hesitate. He's not hesitating.
b. The fact that when I said I was worried about him not wavering, he turned it right back at me and made it look like I was making him look bad or something. I felt like it was exactly what I did last game I played, and I was bad. When people doubted me, I made their suspicion look ridiculous and even scummier. At least that is what I tried to do.

So yeah, maybe it is time we discuss LC.
To point a) I completely disagree. To say that conviction to one's cause is a solely mafia trait is just untrue. Especially so in LC's case. Am I right, Mr. Gollum? :P

to point b) Am I understanding you correctly? "He made it look like I was making him look bad, so here I am making him look bad let's discuss LC."

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
bea wrote:
Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:LC, you're making me doubt myself with your case, but other than the Kubrick thing, I just don't get a baddie vibe from him.

I think this is the main reason why his lynch has totally lost steam. Such a Civvie vibe! Hey, JJJ, a question for you: are you an experienced enough Mafia player to be able to play a "Civ game" when you are not Civ? FZ, what is a baddie vibe? Is it something only baddies give off, uncontrollably, and Civs never have? Vibe. Vibe vibe vibe. Gut feel? Are you that good?
I can easily explain why he wasn't NK with the reasoning the baddies thought they could get him lynched. As for why baddies didn't take that bait you gave them, I think he was getting votes every day now, as well as the last day, but my thought is, baddies were feeling this train lost its momentum.

As for the Kubrick issue, it reminds me of Death Note game, when Russ died and was revealed to be a role checker and changed my mind about me the day before he died from being civ, to probably being bad. Epi made a really good case with statistic reasoning that even I couldn't ignore. It was probably the best case I've seen in a long time...but it was wrong. I was good, it was circumstantial, and as much as it appeared like a solid evidence based case, it was wrong. I can't tell you how frustrated I was that game. By the way, I could survive a lynch too, and I fought really hard to prevent my lynch that game. So at least consider all of that when you're looking at things.
Believe me, I know that I could be wrong, and that JJJ could be Civ. Like I said before, I truly was posting to let the thread know a very good reason why I suspected him less (before I factored in Lorab's control of the Position that day). I'm not tunnelling here. I have other suspicions. It's just that the evidence is practically glaring at this point. Considering everything JJJ has done that has made people feel like he's Civ, it comes down to one question: is he a skilled enough player to write these things as a baddie?
I hope you take this the complementary way it's intended.

I believe that JJ is a capable enough mafia player to snow me into thinking he's a civ EXACTLY as much as I think a capable baddie LC is able to use thread stuff to build a completely case on a civ while saying the whole time, "Guys, I'm just as doubtful as you are, but the evidence is there."

So. Yea.
This is running through my head from time to time as well. He's used JJJ as his suspect the entire game, and he comes off the most genuine when pushing that case, but if I really had to choose, I feel there's more chance of LC being the scum here, than JJJ.
Point B is even more bizarre when you consider this is what you said not a dozen posts back.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

DharmaHelper wrote:

Wow I wasn't thinking about positions. LOL. I was actually at an open bar event for my company last night and was very easily drawn to that option this morning :biggrin:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Draconus wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Wow I wasn't thinking about positions. LOL. I was actually at an open bar event for my company last night and was very easily drawn to that option this morning :biggrin:
Votes are changeable.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Yeah, I just switched to Dolphin Army.

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

Ricochet wrote:
Dom wrote:Hey everyone: would you all say I ask lots of questions or nah?
When you're bad, you pressure players greatly with your inquisitiveness, to act like you're top civ dawg.
Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Also, I did not expect the pairing to be the original one.

Now, about the baddies, can we move on to Dom now?
No.
Wasn't asking you. :p
So how am I doing that this game?
Answer: I'm not.

(I also think you're wrong about this characterization but your observations don't match your predictions my friend)
FZ. wrote:

b) should we talk at all about the night poll? Do we think all the positions are in order? Cuz I really want to vote for a well stocked bar, but if it could potentially be bad maybe not? IDK?

linki - my distrust of LC is pretty well documented FZ. He's really really good at this game. This how I feel during every game I play with LC - I'm all Mulder. I want to believe. More than any single player I've ever played with, I have a hard time 100 percent trusting LC. It's not fair to him. I know. It is what it is. That said, he's a stand up guy and kind as the day is long. I adore the dickens out of him. Also - most people don't know this, but he has a lovely singing voice. :)

also - wtf was up with my phrasing up there? "use thread stuff to build a completely believable case" is how that should have read.

I srrsly need to be not on the same schedule as the hubby if I want to mafia - he's been tempting me for hours with tv catch up - previews for Arrow and Game of Thrones, teefurry kitty shirts and stickers for my car.
I've been contemplating LC since the beginning of the game, but always come up with nothing. The two biggest problems I have with him are:

a. his continued suspicion of JJJ and unwillingness to budge. I think civvies waver, they hesitate. He's not hesitating.
b. The fact that when I said I was worried about him not wavering, he turned it right back at me and made it look like I was making him look bad or something. I felt like it was exactly what I did last game I played, and I was bad. When people doubted me, I made their suspicion look ridiculous and even scummier. At least that is what I tried to do.

Civvies waver?
So why do you criticize me for wavering and hesitating?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 441

Post by FZ. »

Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
When you're bad, you pressure players greatly with your inquisitiveness, to act like you're top civ dawg.
Dom wrote:

No.

(I also think you're wrong about this characterization but your observations don't match your predictions my friend)
FZ. wrote:

Civvies waver?
So why do you criticize me for wavering and hesitating?
Where did I criticize you for that?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:
FZ. wrote:

To point a) I completely disagree. To say that conviction to one's cause is a solely mafia trait is just untrue. Especially so in LC's case. Am I right, Mr. Gollum? :P

to point b) Am I understanding you correctly? "He made it look like I was making him look bad, so here I am making him look bad let's discuss LC."
I think that even the surest townies, hesitate to some point. I barely see that from him. Maybe he's so sure he can't stop voting for JJJ, it's just weird to me, what can I say.
to b, this is not the same. First of all, I was the first to voice some worries about him, and he reacted the way I described. Second, I'm not trying to make what he said to me look bad. I'm looking at him in general. Can you see the difference?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

RIH LLama.

FZ - I was thinking that you were most likely Golden's Monopoly play buddy. But if that were true, then why the never ending defense of 3J? I don't think I've played with a civ LC since I came back for Mafia, but he seems pretty legit to me in this game. I think it's odd that he's simply asking people to talk about his case, and now people are calling him bad. :faint:

bea - Do you believe Sorsha/BR to be good this game?

Voting for Dolphin Army
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

:evileye:
Matt wrote:RIH LLama.

FZ - I was thinking that you were most likely Golden's Monopoly play buddy. But if that were true, then why the never ending defense of 3J? I don't think I've played with a civ LC since I came back for Mafia, but he seems pretty legit to me in this game. I think it's odd that he's simply asking people to talk about his case, and now people are calling him bad. :faint:

Voting for Dolphin Army
Boom diggity.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

FZ you say I hesitated and delayed action On Lorab. There are many perspectives to be had, and with me you have been very close minded. Like how you accuse baddies of being.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote:
He built a case earlier in the game based upon my treatment of llama, and I've already thoroughly addressed that. Now it's about the revealed Kubrick role, LoRab's revealed role, and my survived lynch. Those are all facts in this game, they cannot be disputed. I can only dispute the assumption that Kubrick's ability and my survival were not related -- something that cannot be done substantively or in an evidence-based way. I can only provide WIFOM based upon the truth of my mindset in this game and as a player. Whether anyone believes me isn't something I can control.

What else has he stated against me that you'd like to see me address? If it can be addressed I will do so. My time is very limited tonight, but I highly doubt I'm gonna die so I'll get around to it eventually.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I voted sexy people. I don't really care as long as it's not #1.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Tranq »

Voting #4 makes the most sense as a baddie role who benefits from that position is already dead.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
He built a case earlier in the game based upon my treatment of llama, and I've already thoroughly addressed that. Now it's about the revealed Kubrick role, LoRab's revealed role, and my survived lynch. Those are all facts in this game, they cannot be disputed. I can only dispute the assumption that Kubrick's ability and my survival were not related -- something that cannot be done substantively or in an evidence-based way. I can only provide WIFOM based upon the truth of my mindset in this game and as a player. Whether anyone believes me isn't something I can control.

What else has he stated against me that you'd like to see me address? If it can be addressed I will do so. My time is very limited tonight, but I highly doubt I'm gonna die so I'll get around to it eventually.
T'was my understanding of LC's suspicion that the Kubrick reveal was just another tick in the evidence column, not that he's "built his case around it." I'm definitely going to revisit his earlier points and take a look at your posts myself in advance of this next lynch.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Voting for Dolphin Army
I'm not Golden's play buddy. I'm defending JJJ because I think he's not bad. I'm actually getting tired of repeating that.
Dom wrote:FZ you say I hesitated and delayed action On Lorab. There are many perspectives to be had, and with me you have been very close minded. Like how you accuse baddies of being.
Close minded is to vote for one person for 4 days and not even contemplate switching. How am I close minded, when I never once voted for you? I'm voicing suspicion, but if I was that sure you were bad, I would have tried to convince JJJ last day to go my way. I'm not sure. This is me being unsure.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Tranq wrote:Voting #4 makes the most sense as a baddie role who benefits from that position is already dead.
Good point. That's where I'm going to vote.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

Do not fear, the great Papryco is here.

But I must eat first.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 211
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Voting for Dolphin Army
If we are dealing with one baddie team, I'd say yes. Not sure we are on a solid consensus of that likelihood though.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:Don't you think that at this stage, if we figured out the poll is positions, the hosts my shift positions around and not fit it to chronological order?
I do think that they're likely mixing it up, and they may have been doing it all along for all I know. I've seen arguments against it, but there's ways to get around them. "They wouldn't randomize them on the baddies, making them unable to plan their Position!" Well, they could just tell the people with Positions which options stands for which number.
It's possible, but 1) it's not mentioned or hinted in the revealed roles so far, so it would tehnically require the Hosts to treat several players (or an entire faction, if only baddies have position powers) differently from us "plebs", by informing them constantly what positions the vote options secretly are; and 2) it doesn't change the fact that the non-position players remain uninformed and would thus fight a blind battle during every Night. The equivalent of me busting my ass to avoid voting the "first" vote option, thinking it's always position 1, but actually having no control over preventing position 1 to be voted (and thus Kubrick to become unlynchable).
Long Con wrote: I also think that there may be a Trickster-type role that can affect the content and game-result of the night polls - that's the role SVS had in A World Reborn, and I know she enjoyed it. Perhaps this role is inventing things like the Brangelina Photo Shoot and the Sonny and Cher Revival. So I would advise people to be wary of an option that is a big crowd-pleaser, a likely choice to get more votes. It could be a trap designed by a baddie. I'm going to go with hat and sunscreen, because it's the lamest one.
Haven't played, can't comment. Sounds interesting as a theory.
Turnip Head wrote:It would only affect checks, not actual role reveals.
Phew. :biggrin:

So we don't have to feel bad about any of the baddies we lynched so far. :feb:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Question(s) to the thread:

Who was it that first brought up the idea of Roger Rabbit corrupting the Kubrick flip? Who ran with that thought process?

Who was it that first theorized that there was only one baddie team?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Dom wrote:

No.

Yes, how are you doing the thing that you should best take a break from doing, after consecutive baddie wins? :rolleyes:
Answer: it's WIFOM either way.

Also, you're the only player left eligible for saying suspish influenced by LoRab. Q.E.D. :nicenod:

(I don't think I'm wrong. When I played with you bad, I was anxious to even remotely call you suspicious or saying something you might find questionable and jump on me for. That's how strong the effect is.) :p
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:Question(s) to the thread:

Who was it that first brought up the idea of Roger Rabbit corrupting the Kubrick flip? Who ran with that thought process?

Who was it that first theorized that there was only one baddie team?
LC I think. LC again?

Don't remember. BR?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Tranq wrote:Voting #4 makes the most sense as a baddie role who benefits from that position is already dead.
Yes. One baddie. What if there are others? What if there are two teams, in which one baddie has a position 4 empowerment?

Anyway, very in-game and astute observation from a player who didn't want to do anything during the past two cycles, except vote the way I'd tell him too. :suspish:
juliets wrote:
Good point. That's where I'm going to vote.
You two are so bad.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Do you know of a better position to vote for?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

There isn't a "good/better" position to vote for. Position 1 is the only taboo position so far, if you're civ-minded. There shouldn't be any lobby for voting any other position because it's "better".
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

I disagree. Position 4 > 2/3/5 > 1 imo.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Tranq wrote:I disagree. Position 4 > 2/3/5 > 1 imo.
Not if there's baddies left with position 4 powers. Which you can't know, if you claim to be civ.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

So Rico are you saying there are two baddies for each position power in the game? And here you go again calling me bad for no reason. Where is your case?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I don't know how many there are, which is why no vote option "makes sense", the way Tranq put it, more than the other, except for position 1, which should be off-limits.

My case on you is wagoning.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 211
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

You guys probably didn't know this, but my husbands bff is jason momoa. To honor the fact that he is bfff with aquaman I vote dolphin army since the preferred get drunk option is off the table. Stoopid kubrik takin my booze. :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

If I vote for someone and evidence comes to me later that another individual is really the one who is bad I will change my vote. If I vote for someone and the votes are centered on two or three other people I often change my vote to one of the two or three to show what I'm thinking about those two or three. Would you rather I continue to vote the person who is now out of it or move my vote to a place where it counts from the perspective of other people judging it? When you start talking about bandwagoning you have to look at each vote that person made and assess whether it's truly just jumping on to jump on or there is a reason for the vote. I don't think you've looked at my votes in that light.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

bea wrote:You guys probably didn't know this, but my husbands bff is jason momoa. To honor the fact that he is bfff with aquaman I vote dolphin army since the preferred get drunk option is off the table. Stoopid kubrik takin my booze. :(
Whoa. Nice.
juliets wrote:If I vote for someone and evidence comes to me later that another individual is really the one who is bad I will change my vote. If I vote for someone and the votes are centered on two or three other people I often change my vote to one of the two or three to show what I'm thinking about those two or three. Would you rather I continue to vote the person who is now out of it or move my vote to a place where it counts from the perspective of other people judging it? When you start talking about bandwagoning you have to look at each vote that person made and assess whether it's truly just jumping on to jump on or there is a reason for the vote. I don't think you've looked at my votes in that light.
I soon will. :dark:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:
bea wrote:You guys probably didn't know this, but my husbands bff is jason momoa. To honor the fact that he is bfff with aquaman I vote dolphin army since the preferred get drunk option is off the table. Stoopid kubrik takin my booze. :(
Whoa. Nice.
juliets wrote:If I vote for someone and evidence comes to me later that another individual is really the one who is bad I will change my vote. If I vote for someone and the votes are centered on two or three other people I often change my vote to one of the two or three to show what I'm thinking about those two or three. Would you rather I continue to vote the person who is now out of it or move my vote to a place where it counts from the perspective of other people judging it? When you start talking about bandwagoning you have to look at each vote that person made and assess whether it's truly just jumping on to jump on or there is a reason for the vote. I don't think you've looked at my votes in that light.
I soon will. :dark:
Good. Just look at them with an open mind.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

No problem, my skull is already open. XD
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

What! Your husband is besties with Khal fucking Drogo?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:There isn't a "good/better" position to vote for. Position 1 is the only taboo position so far, if you're civ-minded. There shouldn't be any lobby for voting any other position because it's "better".
I actually agree with Tranq. Yes, it's possible there's another position 4 baddie still out there, but with one confirmed and dead there's a valid reason to be less concerned with that position than the others. There are a lot of possible scenarios and one of them is "only one baddie operating on position 4".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:There isn't a "good/better" position to vote for. Position 1 is the only taboo position so far, if you're civ-minded. There shouldn't be any lobby for voting any other position because it's "better".
I actually agree with Tranq. Yes, it's possible there's another position 4 baddie still out there, but with one confirmed and dead there's a valid reason to be less concerned with that position than the others. There are a lot of possible scenarios and one of them is "only one baddie operating on position 4".
With zebra's position power being just a check corrupter (not a flip one as well), any scenario other than "only one baddie operating on position 4" is "anotherr baddie operating on position 4 with a power less bad, just as bad, or worse than zebra's", so again, it makes no sense to single out position 4 as better off.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Ricochet wrote:
Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Dom wrote:

No.

Yes, how are you doing the thing that you should best take a break from doing, after consecutive baddie wins? :rolleyes:
Answer: it's WIFOM either way.

Also, you're the only player left eligible for saying suspish influenced by LoRab. Q.E.D. :nicenod:

(I don't think I'm wrong. When I played with you bad, I was anxious to even remotely call you suspicious or saying something you might find questionable and jump on me for. That's how strong the effect is.) :p
But I'm not bad..... :shrug:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I also agree. There are x-1 baddies who benefit from Position 4, where x is the average number of baddies who started the game with each Position. Or something like that. The rest are x, which is a greater chance of MORE baddies benefiting, right?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I also agree. There are x-1 baddies who benefit from Position 4, where x is the average number of baddies who started the game with each Position. Or something like that. The rest are x, which is a greater chance of MORE baddies benefiting, right?
That's the way I think about it. So right, as far as I'm concerned.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”