Dutchies (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 20
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 135

Re: night 5 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by S~V~S »

I was just listening to some Mongolian Throat Singing, good stuff.

Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Thanks guys for cheering me up with all the haiku <3

Hopefully tomorrow I don't get buried in snow, but if I do, TH is in a warm place, so it will work out.
Good luck.

My brother decided to take the weekend off and drive to Boston to visit a friend (from Cincinnati), even with the craziness that's supposed to be coming.
:eek:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

It is snowing here
snow snow snow snow snow snow snow
there will be a lot
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 135

Post by S~V~S »

It is not snowing
But it is Armageddon
in supermarkets
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

Legitimately if David Bowie is Position 1 this will be the greatest game of all time.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

SVS, are you ready for one of my unbearable puns? :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 211
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Day 5 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think everyone who has voted for MM bears some obligation to comment on his claim of being neutral, production of gun to head reads, and any other thoughts about his most recent content since becoming the lead wagon.

I'm given pause. His post history is neutral-compatible similarly to llama's and even Epi's in that they were both narrowly focused, detached from a number of large discussions, and less effortful than they usually are when civilian. I doubt there are three different killing independent roles in one game, which suggests to me it might not be the best idea to lynch MM. He'd need to flip straight up baddie for me to feel good about it.

I know this is 11ty billion pages ago. Just got home from work. Just poured a beer. omg today you guys. :sigh:

Just wanted to respond to it since I did vote for him and I don't currently know the flip. As I'm reading along, I personally don't care if his role is "neutral" or not. His post history hasn't been very civ friendly even for a neutral. In Death Note, (where I grow more and more worried that is where his role comes from) TH was truely neutral and just had to live to the end. You know what, till there was no statistical way for the civs to win anymore, he tried to help the civs. To the very end.

If you ain't with me, you're against me. :nicenod: :nicenod:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Ricochet wrote:
Tranq wrote:A bit odd to see JJJ back off his LoRab connection with either llama or Dom after llama's lynch. I'm voting Dom for now.
Your Dom "case" is literally one posted that says
Death to Dom!
:derp:
Dom, I love you.

And also - I love this post so much! It made me snarf beer I giggled so hard. You are my new favorite rico -

also rico re: your spreadsheets, it's not that they are confusing so much as it is I'm the suck at The Maths. Too many numbers and my brain shuts down. It's amazing I know the store numbers as well as I do cuz really, I'm the suck at The Maths. It's like I'm the new Illy for as bad as I suck at The Maths. If it's not got lots of words explaining what the numbers mean, I'm lost. (A little shout out to illy for our old skool peeps.)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I hope you realize that you're going to spend your life trying to recapture the feeling of the 4-way tie, but always fall short. It was a magical moment, and magical moments come once in a lifetime. It's over. It's gone. Cherish the memory, place your sig picture in scrapbook, share the tale with your grandchildren in a few decades.

This is so beautiful that I wish I had more time and energy so I could sig it. Sadly I still haven't provided ocular proof to the thread aka Mac that my hubby and Kahl Fucking Drogo are besties because I've been to busy to play with photobucket and resize the damn picture.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DrWilgy wrote:I forgot he was playing, and you've been all "TIE! TIE! TIE! TIE!"
still catching up....

but anytime I "forget someone is playing." and I do - often. It makes me want to look at them harder.

Just sayin.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Because there's no plunge to take, you're placing your vote. What is the "Plunge" JJJ? I mentioned you're uphill climb because this doesn't make sense as a plunge since you've dealt with suspicion all game. If this is a plunge, there's clearly some risk you are taking here.
You see Doc, what you're doing here is saying what I'm doing but not why it's suspicious. I called it "taking the plunge" because I haven't done the thorough analysis of Tranq's content that I often do for those I help to lynch. It can't be done with him, there's not enough there. I hope it works out. It is a risk I am taking, not just for me but for every civilian. Lynching a player like Tranq is inherently risky, that's why I grumbled about it yesterday (and it should be stated that I even said last day phase that I was underwhelmed by a Tranq lynch but not disgusted by it).
How so? Tranq is an enigma to most players, if he's not giving you a means to understand him why not get rid of him? Same could apply to me, Mac, MM, and all lurker/3rd party claimers. This is why you pluck wall-flowers. How is losing Tranq's civ contribution, any greater than other's? why is it enough to warrant a risk that would require a plunge?
No civilian lynch is ever good for the civilian faction. Ever. I don't care if it's a person who has been wrong on every read, or a person with zero posts, or a person who has bad B.O. permeating the thread -- the numbers game is crucial and any lost civilian brings the game one step closer to LyLo. So yes, lynching a player without the comfy cushion of a well-reasoned case is a risk, and I called it "taking the plunge".

Why is that suspicious?
We ain't at Lylo yet, nor do I think we are close. That's why.

Also, you are incorrect. A good example of why is actually LOST that just ended. Nutella was a civ player that rode to endgame while remaining an enigma. Alot of me wanted to lynch her over Zebra (who was also civ) because I could at least judge Zebra. Zebra could contribute and we could continue evolving. The thread died after Zebra died, but we got lucky and S~V~S solved the game. Had SVS not solved the game, I would've lynched Nutella and mafia would've won.

So, tell me again JJJ, what is the risk in lynching someone who's death will not impact the thread or the game this far in?
Wait. Wait. Did I just drink dumb juice or did you explain exactly *why* this should be a concern?

IF svs hadn't "solved the game." you would have voted her and caused a civ loss. Right? So why was your wanted vote on Nutella all game a good idea? Why in this case is it an example of why we should lynch tranq?

I'm confused by what you are trying to say here.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:SVS solving a game is never pure luck.
qft.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:We ain't at Lylo yet, nor do I think we are close. That's why.

Also, you are incorrect. A good example of why is actually LOST that just ended. Nutella was a civ player that rode to endgame while remaining an enigma. Alot of me wanted to lynch her over Zebra (who was also civ) because I could at least judge Zebra. Zebra could contribute and we could continue evolving. The thread died after Zebra died, but we got lucky and S~V~S solved the game. Had SVS not solved the game, I would've lynched Nutella and mafia would've won.

So, tell me again JJJ, what is the risk in lynching someone who's death will not impact the thread or the game this far in?
All of this is completely wrong. It's just ridiculous, I'm sorry. None of it is valid. It is all invalid. It's baloney. Balogna.

This mindset is terrible. We're probably not close to LyLo, I agree. That doesn't mean we have the freedom to lynch people willy-nilly or play around with bullcrap ties because we feel like it. That kind of behavior can hasten LyLo's arrival.

I agree that it sucks to have enigmatic lurking players in the game at LyLo, but that doesn't mean enigmatic lurking players should just be lynched by default for being enigmatic and lurky. Townies do that shit all the time. There has to be some kind of mindset playing into the move beyond alignment-neutral logic like that. The most suspicious player needs to be lynched in all scenarios.

I already answered this. You're wrong. The thread impact would be minimal, but the game impact would be significant if Tranq is town. That's why it's a risk. That's why I said "taking the plunge". FFS.
I agree with DH here. 10/10 post.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:

Tranq was bored.

So he played video games. He went to IRC. He went out for a few drinks.

Still bored.

Bored enough to go play Mafia. Since his partner had died, he had lost what little interest he had, but he WAS a competitive guy. So why not?

What a bunch of nubs, he thought. His partner had openly defended him last time he took flak. Then when his partners role was revealed, while he was sad to see him go, he figured his biggest problem would be getting NKed due to the huge target on his back.

Um, no.

Tranq has been lynched. He was:

Park Place - Monopoly CIVVIES
Boardwalk & Park Place :They have BTSC. They each earn $1 for each lynch poll they vote in. They can pool their money together to make purhcases. Can spend their money on various perks:
$3: extra vote
$6: choose the game’s Position
$10: nightkill

nubs :p

Just a big bunch of nubs

It's Night 5~ 23 hours (and please, 23 hours. Too much last minute going on the last few days)
MOTHERFUCKERS! :(

I humbly request that everyone go back and look at my post history where I MORE THAN ONCE said "tranq reads like bored civ tranq."

I also humbly request that teh FUCKING DEAD GUY AT LEAST NUB BEA ME ONE THIS GAME SINCE HE WAS SO BORED HE COULDN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO NOTICE I WAS ACTUALLY BOTH PLAYING AND DEFENDING HIM. From here on out, if I'm the queen nub, then you sir are the king.

nubfuckingtranq. :bighug:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Sayonara. Strong abilities you can acquire and this is the gamestyle you choose to stay out of lynch's way? Pff.

Guess it also explains Golden's strong bark at me. :p

Does anyone remember LC bantering about players voting him needing to pay Monopoly cash or else suffer a sploding? Does that still come off as just banter, now, or did he try to claim Park Place, in which case, uh-oh?

linki:

Noodles so saucy

Meatballs on top piled so high

Top with parmesan
I didn't think he was. I thought he was just teasing.

I mean there was a square in World Reborn where you had to give Canucklehead a hundo dollars if you landed on it. :shrug:
And he and his wife helped me and Lorab win the Monopoly game...

I read that as more playful than hinty too.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MacDougall wrote:Jimmy = ****NSFW or children****
bwahahahaha - all this time you were calling him Runkle. OMG. omg. I was just at the point where I was going to ask what the fuck is up with all this king of fuck mountian shit was from.

omg.

I can't even.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Re: Night 5 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Dom »

tIp tranqqq

i voed nicki uqenn
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

RIP Tranq

If Tranq was Gold's friend
not 3J, FZ, Marmot
maybe Long Con's right

:ponder:

Dom - Little tipsy, friend? :beer:
Image Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

FOR OUR LOVELY HOSTESS WHOM I LOVE SO VERY VERY MUCH:

Meow, purrrrrrrr, *lick*, *lick*
woof! *pant* purr, *lick* *lick* *nozzle*
This is the best love.

As for the night poll.
I don't even care what position it ends up being, there is only one choice. It's singularly UNFAIR to make me even care about any other:

all hail the never to be played Bowie game. :sigh:

and also

Becuase those that know me, know this is my favorite Bowie song, but maybe not why.

So here's why.

I was young. Like 4th grade when Dad got this on cassette tape and played it that afternoon we road along with him and the Rotery while they painted all the 4 square spaces and the country map on the playground for the school I went to. And as he played Ziggy Stardust for me, he told me it was one of the finest albums ever made.

And when it was months later, after listening it to obsessively, because Dad liked it, this song spoke to me. It was a comfort to me. The little girl who always felt outside of everything and unable to control the chaos around her. Bowie and Ziggy, they knew how hard I am on myself and they were telling me to let go a little. They were telling me everything would be ok.

When I listen to this album and this song, I feel like everything will be ok.

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

random mussings -

in hindsite, JC's vote this lynch is the one thing that's thus far made me turn my head at her. I don't get how she didn't see bored civ tranq when I did. She knows him pretty much as well as I do I would think.

@ rico - I'm confused by your worry to marshy's role being a counterbalance to your role. Of course, outside of the fact that you are dead and can stil post on topic, I'm confused by your late in the day worry that lynching him would be bad for civs. Please explain it to me in plain words because I'm pretty fracking dumb tbh.

@ matt - well...looks like at the very least, fz wasn't lying - she isn't golden's bts partner. That said, she still reads pretty civ to me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

Thanks for that bea. I'll read that when I need to distract myself from my certain death.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

which part?

I want to know EXACTLY what part of my annoying amused you the most.

at the very least at least no one can say they didn't get my real time reactions. :p

Not my fault btw no one is ever around when I have free time.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

bea wrote:@ matt - well...looks like at the very least, fz wasn't lying - she isn't golden's bts partner. That said, she still reads pretty civ to me.
Yo bea!

I didn't say she was lying, though, just wondering aloud because I was for sure one of them was Goldie's partner. None of them claimed to be, but up until Marmot declared himself indy, I don't think any of them told me I was wrong, either.
Image Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I know - was just all I can say about this lynch that isn't NUB. FUCKING NUB. NUB. :sigh:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Matt wrote:
bea wrote:@ matt - well...looks like at the very least, fz wasn't lying - she isn't golden's bts partner. That said, she still reads pretty civ to me.
Yo bea!

I didn't say she was lying, though, just wondering aloud because I was for sure one of them was Goldie's partner. None of them claimed to be, but up until Marmot declared himself indy, I don't think any of them told me I was wrong, either.
you mean, except fz - who said more than once she wasn't his partner. Check out her in thread posts if you think I'm wrong. ;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

also - who else was in the "one of them" camp? I only remember you asking fz and others about fz's relationship with golden. Please show me where I'm wrong here, because this bit is all 6 pack and eating food before bed memory enduced.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Sorsha »

RIP Tranq :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

bea wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Tranq wrote:A bit odd to see JJJ back off his LoRab connection with either llama or Dom after llama's lynch. I'm voting Dom for now.
Your Dom "case" is literally one posted that says
Death to Dom!
:derp:
Dom, I love you.

And also - I love this post so much! It made me snarf beer I giggled so hard. You are my new favorite rico -
To bea I will toast
While a baddie's head be roast
In the game I coast

:noble:

[quote="bea"

@ rico - I'm confused by your worry to marshy's role being a counterbalance to your role. Of course, outside of the fact that you are dead and can stil post on topic, I'm confused by your late in the day worry that lynching him would be bad for civs. Please explain it to me in plain words because I'm pretty fracking dumb tbh.
.[/quote]

Uhm not sure I meant to say any of that. MM seemed to imply he lost his win con early on and hence isnt motivated to play anymore. If he lost it because I earned the D1 instead of him, or something, I noted that I did sense antagonism from him on D1, but that it didn't fdel strong or "desperate" enough.

I don't actually know what his lynch will serve us, if he didn't lie about being a hopeless indy. :shrug:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Fixing
bea wrote:
Uhm not sure I meant to say any of that. MM seemed to imply he lost his win con early on and hence isnt motivated to play anymore. If he lost it because I earned the D1 lynch instead of him, or something, I noted that I did sense antagonism from him on D1, but that it didn't fdel strong or "desperate" enough.

I don't actually know what his lynch will serve us, if he didn't lie about being a hopeless indy. :shrug:[/quote]
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

bea wrote:
I miss DD. :feb:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Tfw can't find the determination to do reads. :why: So much studying and homework to do...
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Well, that's a sucky result. I feel like Tranq could have fought a lot harder to live. Dropping Golden's name just once in the last day might have made a difference.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Mislynching a Civvie
Is sad, beyond any doubt
But avoid despair!

16 players, and I estimate 6 baddies left. That's going on the idea of two baddie teams of four. Could be up to 8 baddies left if there's two teams of five. Or, with one big baddie team... I estimate 5 left. Not sure which I would prefer, really - with two teams we might get baddies killing baddies. If there is truly 1 kill per night now, then we still have a chance.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I wouldn't mind seeing more baddie kill baddie, if there are two teams, even if that means their numbers left are bigger (I highly doubt there are two teams five each, though; I've never even witness such a game so far). Overall, however, I'd rather hope there's just one big team, with 5 left or so. One big team would work towards making better connections.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:Well, that's a sucky result. I feel like Tranq could have fought a lot harder to live. Dropping Golden's name just once in the last day might have made a difference.
RIP Tranq and I'm sorry I voted for you. But, I agree with LC that there are a lot of things you could have done - just one or two things would have probably done it - to signal us you were civ. In fact, you could have just told us the truth "I got bored and [got behind, didn't see anything I wanted to comment on, etc.]." As bea said I know you well but not well enough to read your mind. In any case, I misread you and chose to vote for you so I understand it was me who did wrong.

@bea - I do know him well bea but I would have expected him to do something to try and save himself. I can't differentiate being bored with laying low without any feedback.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sorry for the double post, I'm voting David Bowie.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

The great Papryco
Predicts rain of early votes
for Jay, then no more
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

What did you expect?
When Jay claimed Tranq had been saved
Only to be civ

By Jay's own standards
T'was a weak accusation
Yet he endorsed it

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I claimed the same and
I'm merely the great Papryco
Also the unsparing

:shrug:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I was forced to vote
Mongolian Throat Singers
Why does God hate me
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:I claimed the same and
Also the unsparing

I don't think you know
exactly how haikus work
You should try again.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 225

Post by DrWilgy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:What did you expect?
When Jay claimed Tranq had been saved
Only to be civ

By Jay's own standards
T'was a weak accusation
Yet he endorsed it
T'was Jay who had fear,
Taking the plunge to lynch Tranq.
See what happened next?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 225

Post by DrWilgy »

Oh papyrico,
That's not how a Haiku works
needs more spaghetti
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Not a clementine
Rico is instead an orange
Because he can't rhyme

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I claimed the same and
Also the unsparing

I don't think you know
exactly how haikus work
You should try again.
Five, seven then five
Syllables mark a haiku
So shut up Turnip

Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Post by Draconus »

Just one musician
For all of eternity?
It must be Bowie.

Linki: the one he quoted is 5 8 6 :shrug:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Not a clementine
Rico is instead an orange
Because he can't rhyme

The attempt to rhyme
is never worth a single dime
except for a mime.