Dutchies (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 20
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Re: Day 9 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Draconus »

At Matt, That's why I demanded a :parrot: emoticon earlier in 2015 :p I do not deny it.
It is tough to be completely original with my schedule, though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

That was supposed to be : parrot :

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 211
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

FZ. wrote:I looked at Matt's post number. Until the end of night 6, he has 2.5 pages of posts, and since then, he has another 2.5 posts. Yes, he definitely started posting a lot more since he found "evidence".
Now, the tone is different, so I don't know what to make of it, but it's a lot easier to focus on one person who has alleged evidence on them, then to focus on others. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt really believes Dom did find out something about MM, and maybe he did. But pushing for MM, especially if he turns out bad, would give Matt a lot of credit and make him look better in the eyes of the others.
I don't know if this is something we should vote by, but I had to put it out there. It's been bugging me for a while. We have the similarities of relying on evidence in this game and the one he was bad in, and the post count similarities. I think he posts less as a baddie when he doesn't know what to say. Dom dying made it easier to know what to say.

Please tell me what you think and if anyone remembers how he was in other games he was bad in, that would be helpful as well.
FZ, this makes a lot of sense.

I would definitely like to hear what Matt has to say about everyone else. I think Rico and dh at the least have asked for similar reads from Matt as well and I don't remember them coming off the top of my head.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Draconus wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Draconus wrote:
FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:ATTN FZ: I'd support a Mac or Motel Room vote and since you said you'd follow my vote I'd like your input.
I said I will, and I will. I think I'd rather lynch motel room because he's playing exactly like Wilgy but even worse in terms of giving a damn only when his name is mentioned. Mac has his moments.

Do you think my worries about Matt are just paranoia?
Yeah, I don't like how long Motel has survived with the way he has been playing. THAT makes me paranoid.
And fwiw, FZ, I don't think it's paranoia. I think there's some merit to that suspicion, like I said.

Linki: Exactly.
What do you think of everyone suspicious of you?

Thanks for the answer about Matt, Drac and DH. Did you read his reply to my case? What did you think of it?
You know, I didn't read through it all earlier, but it sounded genuine to me. He offered legit, reasonable responses showing that the Pet Sounds meta wasn't completely reliable. I'm not a huge fan of the huge no u, though. Don't know what to make of that part.
Have you gone from parroting my votes to literally parroting me XD
What do you mean? :confused:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

DharmaHelper wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Draconus wrote:
FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:ATTN FZ: I'd support a Mac or Motel Room vote and since you said you'd follow my vote I'd like your input.
I said I will, and I will. I think I'd rather lynch motel room because he's playing exactly like Wilgy but even worse in terms of giving a damn only when his name is mentioned. Mac has his moments.

Do you think my worries about Matt are just paranoia?
Yeah, I don't like how long Motel has survived with the way he has been playing. THAT makes me paranoid.
And fwiw, FZ, I don't think it's paranoia. I think there's some merit to that suspicion, like I said.

Linki: Exactly.
What do you think of everyone suspicious of you?

Thanks for the answer about Matt, Drac and DH. Did you read his reply to my case? What did you think of it?
I thought it was a measured, reasonable response apart from the thinly veiled no-uing.
Oh shit, I didn't even see this :haha:

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 441

Post by FZ. »

Matt wrote:Well, for once I'm happy with how the day is turning out. No funny last minute switches, though, unless it's to Drac or MM, k peeps?

Lulz @ Drac thinking I'm bad off of someone else's case. That surely hasn't happened before this game, Drac latching onto other cases? ;)

FZ - Do you genuinely think I'm bad? I'm not. What I don't want to happen is to be the last civvie lynched, again, as I was in Star Wars.

As for "NO Uing" FZ...does nobody else find it funny that she came up with that bs case 12 hours before deadline? If MM is bad, she should definitely be seen as a possible teammate.

Not that MM will ever be lynched/NK'd for us to see, apparently :eek:
Matt, I honestly don't know. I feel like we can't leave any stone unturned. It's why I brought up what I thought. I liked your response (and see, I even got DH and Drac to admit that your reply looks good), so I'm backing off, but that's the only way I know how to play. I bring things up and see how people reply. The game I was referring to was one I immediately thought you were bad in, when I was viewing it as a dead player and it stuck to me. I realize you're acting different, but I also think that you focusing only on MM is not helping.

linki: Bea, what do you think of Matt's response?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

bea wrote:
FZ. wrote:I looked at Matt's post number. Until the end of night 6, he has 2.5 pages of posts, and since then, he has another 2.5 posts. Yes, he definitely started posting a lot more since he found "evidence".
Now, the tone is different, so I don't know what to make of it, but it's a lot easier to focus on one person who has alleged evidence on them, then to focus on others. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt really believes Dom did find out something about MM, and maybe he did. But pushing for MM, especially if he turns out bad, would give Matt a lot of credit and make him look better in the eyes of the others.
I don't know if this is something we should vote by, but I had to put it out there. It's been bugging me for a while. We have the similarities of relying on evidence in this game and the one he was bad in, and the post count similarities. I think he posts less as a baddie when he doesn't know what to say. Dom dying made it easier to know what to say.

Please tell me what you think and if anyone remembers how he was in other games he was bad in, that would be helpful as well.
FZ, this makes a lot of sense.

I would definitely like to hear what Matt has to say about everyone else. I think Rico and dh at the least have asked for similar reads from Matt as well and I don't remember them coming off the top of my head.
My top suspects other then MM are...

Drac, YOU, Mac, and motel.

I posted this a day or two ago, you can find the full thing in my ISO.

The lynch being between 3 of my 5 top suspects makes me very happy ;airguitar:

Anyone that isn't on my list, consider civ or neutral. Though I may have to make room for FZ on that list now.

Linki - Lulz FZ. You know what I think isn't helping? All the baddies that are still left NOT voting for MM. But whatevs, as I said, I'm fine with how things look now.
Image Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Ricochet wrote:Also, I'm gradually starting to think lynching motel is not a bad test option for toDay. Whoever tried to assassinate him, whether civ vigi or baddie vigi, accomplished the same thing - unlocking a potential Kubrick candidacy in motel.

Personality-wise, it's not farfetched: I spoke before about him replacing Bass and potentially getting a "chill" memo. As Kubrick, he'd have no worries in the world during the Night (except, well, potentially being outed, which, if true, just took 9 Nights to happen) and our wind to lynch lurkers died down after the Tranq affair.

Rebuttal-wise, his comeback at this concept of him being Kubrick has been weaksauce. He blamed people profiling him as being the role itself and Wilgys' death just send his angle crashing.

Endgame-wise, he is not a trustworthy player to keep. If truly Kubrick (or baddie), he can add to the votes in the interest of the team. If not baddie, his vote often tends to be in no way invested in the civ's focused cause or attempts. Therefore his vote is loose and he can either manipulate us with it or get himself manipulated.
I agree with you here. I also agree with you that it seems an odd switch of focus for mac to move from drac to marshnewt.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 441

Post by FZ. »

I think that Bea, Mac, Drac and Motel are everyone's possible suspects along with Sorsha.
Matt, maybe you're right about MM and maybe you're not. I'm not saying I can't see myself voting for him at some point, but since I'm not convinced like you are, or at least I think that Dom would have at least voted for him that day if not info dumped, like you quoted he wouldn't do, I think we need to find who else might be bad, and if it comes to it, lynch him later. I still think some evidence might come along to make one of the players more sure about this.
Question is, how do we decide who else is bad? Do you think MM is on Wilgy's team? Would it be better to eliminate one team first?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

FZ. wrote:I think that Bea, Mac, Drac and Motel are everyone's possible suspects along with Sorsha.
Matt, maybe you're right about MM and maybe you're not. I'm not saying I can't see myself voting for him at some point, but since I'm not convinced like you are, or at least I think that Dom would have at least voted for him that day if not info dumped, like you quoted he wouldn't do, I think we need to find who else might be bad, and if it comes to it, lynch him later. I still think some evidence might come along to make one of the players more sure about this.
Question is, how do we decide who else is bad? Do you think MM is on Wilgy's team? Would it be better to eliminate one team first?
No. I think MM is on Zebra's team.

I find it odd that Rico, of all people, is calling my case absurd because of his own Day 0 shenanigans, but whatever. MM clearly did more then just one post saying "Zebra confirmed town". I'm not going to repost my case, though. ISO me if ya wanna see it.

Also, Dom missed the vote entirely that day for some reason or another. I think it's possible he was blocked from voting, and unlike niju/juliets, didn't tell the thread (Dom seems to be a strict rule follower).
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:To paraphrase MM, I'm ok with the motel wagon so far, except for maybe Draconus.
:pout:
On second thought, if you're bad, you vote is perfectly placed on the buswagon. :feb:

So much ketchup, brb
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:]

I find it odd that Rico, of all people, is calling my case absurd because of his own Day 0 shenanigans, but whatever. MM clearly did more then just one post saying "Zebra confirmed town". I'm not going to repost my case, though. ISO me if ya wanna see it.

Also, Dom missed the vote entirely that day for some reason or another. I think it's possible he was blocked from voting, and unlike niju/juliets, didn't tell the thread (Dom seems to be a strict rule follower).
Why? Why is moderately distrusting evidence that I'm aware they could have been altered by my own shenanigans absurd? What tells you that MM fought for zebra's life instead of joining up a banter? Why have you stopped at D1 in your alledged full ISO of the Marsh?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Matt wrote:
FZ. wrote:I think that Bea, Mac, Drac and Motel are everyone's possible suspects along with Sorsha.

Matt, this is just a small thing but it bothers me. SVS clarified in the thread that those of us who had our vote blocked were allowed to speak about it after the vote, so ninju and I were NOT rule breakers. I just want the record to be accurate here because I am one of the most cautious players around and ask permission before i post things if I'm at all unsure.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:

Why? Why is moderately distrusting evidence that I'm aware they could have been altered by my own shenanigans absurd? What tells you that MM fought for zebra's life instead of joining up a banter? Why have you stopped at D1 in your alledged full ISO of the Marsh?
Because I believe Wilgy/Lorab are on one team, and Zebra is on the other. Zebra died N1, and IMO, there's no reason to compare MM with Wilgy/Lorab for the rest of the game.

Anyway...after today, I'm no longer going to be voting Marmot. I've said this before, but this is officially the last day I do so. The baddies have employed a good strategy assuming I'm wrong and he is neutral...let him live and then he can help them win with numbers.

I just hope, if he's on the level, (bwahahaha right), he's really here to help take down baddies.

Linki - Fair enough, juliets. That still doesn't mean Dom would come right out and say if he was blocked, though. And even if he wasn't, who's to say he wouldn't have voted for MM? After all, 23 of his 50 posts that day were talking about the guy and how bad he was. ;)
Image Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

FZ. wrote:
Matt wrote:Well, for once I'm happy with how the day is turning out. No funny last minute switches, though, unless it's to Drac or MM, k peeps?

Lulz @ Drac thinking I'm bad off of someone else's case. That surely hasn't happened before this game, Drac latching onto other cases? ;)

FZ - Do you genuinely think I'm bad? I'm not. What I don't want to happen is to be the last civvie lynched, again, as I was in Star Wars.

As for "NO Uing" FZ...does nobody else find it funny that she came up with that bs case 12 hours before deadline? If MM is bad, she should definitely be seen as a possible teammate.

Not that MM will ever be lynched/NK'd for us to see, apparently :eek:
Matt, I honestly don't know. I feel like we can't leave any stone unturned. It's why I brought up what I thought. I liked your response (and see, I even got DH and Drac to admit that your reply looks good), so I'm backing off, but that's the only way I know how to play. I bring things up and see how people reply. The game I was referring to was one I immediately thought you were bad in, when I was viewing it as a dead player and it stuck to me. I realize you're acting different, but I also think that you focusing only on MM is not helping.

linki: Bea, what do you think of Matt's response?
It gives me pause for sure. I've flip flopped my thoughts on every player still alive. And even flip flopped on our zombie brother. It's that point in the game where numbers are low and everyone sees baddies everywhere, myself included.

Here's the thing though, with a bit of work any of us could pull baddie games like you did and it's a fair point you made and say this is how baddie x acts. And baddie x could pull lots of civ examples to show it is how they act as civ's too.

Using myself as an example, you could construct a case on past games where low posting bea is bad. And I could counter with low posting bea is also a civ. Bea is just a low poster these days. Does that make sense? I think that's true of all of us.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

bea wrote:It gives me pause for sure. I've flip flopped my thoughts on every player still alive. And even flip flopped on our zombie brother.
You ain't the only one. ;)

Honestly, I think it'd be really funny if Rico turned up bad, but I doubt that's the case.
Image Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Linki - Fair enough, juliets. That still doesn't mean Dom would come right out and say if he was blocked, though. And even if he wasn't, who's to say he wouldn't have voted for MM? After all, 23 of his 50 posts that day were talking about the guy and how bad he was. ;)
Yes Matt I agree. My point was strictly about whether ninju and I broke the rules.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Matt I'm sorry that I missed where you listed other suspects. Lol at the you in caps. I hope to see you show the same vigor to the rest of your suspects as you have the marshnewt.

As it is, I have a dentist appointment at 330 (it's 1 15 now) and grocery shopping before then. I'm going with motel room as well. I am worried that I won't be done at the dentist by the time lynch ends.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
bea wrote:It gives me pause for sure. I've flip flopped my thoughts on every player still alive. And even flip flopped on our zombie brother.
You ain't the only one. ;)

Honestly, I think it'd be really funny if Rico turned up bad, but I doubt that's the case.
ok i'm bad you can lynch me today
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

Just got a spare second while eating breakfast. Fine with Motel Room.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Sorsha »

Also good going back to motel
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

lol. OK, may want to switch to someone else with me FZ.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Couple hours left. Everyone voting for Motel Room means everyone is comfortable with his lynch which means he's probably not on anyones team.

Is it time for a Mac Attack?

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:Couple hours left. Everyone voting for Motel Room means everyone is comfortable with his lynch which means he's probably not on anyones team.

:pout:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You have a couple of hours DH how bout you give us that juliets read you were going to do but didn't because she's your teammate?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote:You have a couple of hours DH how bout you give us that juliets read you were going to do but didn't because she's your teammate?
How about that evidence you were going to present.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Oh shit. Where's the popcorn eating smilie??? Someone make me some popcorn, DH and Mac are about to throw down!!!!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:Couple hours left. Everyone voting for Motel Room means everyone is comfortable with his lynch which means he's probably not on anyones team.

I think there's another decent case here that motel room/Bass is Stan (more than any other player that fell into the category I described).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sorsha wrote:Oh shit. Where's the popcorn eating smilie??? Someone make me some popcorn, DH and Mac are about to throw down!!!!
:haha: Man I can't wait to lynch you.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Mate you said you were going to give us a juliets analysis days ago. You first. But you won't because she's your teammate. That's okay. You've got everyone fooled with your supertown bs. Good work DH. You deserve to win. :beer:

Linki: Sorry sorsha it's 6.35am and I have to go to work. Otherwise I would. But if you want to take a look at ISOs you will see plenty of evidence of juliets and DH being teammates.

Start with how every time DH was asked about juliets, every single time, he dodges it with "yeah she bad I'll read her later" type stuff or outright ignores it (like he just did when I asked him).

The evidence is there. I unfortunately haven't had the time to gather it.

inb4 DH posts this smiley :haha:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Day 3.0 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Ok, I have basically caught up.A quick answer to Juliets and HB.

I did not respond to LoRabs responses to her suspicion because I saw no point. She took her time, made her excuses, and as far as I am concerned, carefully crafted her response so it was 'just perfect'. The fact that she was under suspicion because of her wording means she was careful to try and debunk that theory. LoRab is not a player to be underestimated. She is smart. She is crafty. She is a damn good mafia player. She is also one that is hard for the masses to suspect because of that. Mostly I am running on gut. If I were a baddie trying to take down LoRab for no good reason, I would have dropped it after it didn't work. LoRab is a personal friend of mine and I won't go after her unless she twists my gut (except for the brief period I always thought she was bad). I also have played with her for 7 years and know for a damn fact she is not an easy target to get lynched. This is not baddie BR trying to take out an easy target. This is BR acting on her gut. When I act on my gut I cannot give you the proper reasons, the reasons some of you need to make sense of all. I have not built a case because there will be no good case to build. LoRab was accused early and she will be careful.

Could I be wrong? Damn right I could. I didn't role check her and I can't know with certainty. Am I questioning myself? Yes, because I am starting to wonder is HB has information I do not. If HB does not tell me he knows without a doubt she is civ then I will not trust LoRab this game.

I will go back and address any other concerns juliets and HB have.
Still catching up on last night, but I got to this post and felt the need to address it, because it set off several red flags.

1. Refusing to engage the person you suspect in discourse regarding those suspicions is pingy as Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. The reasoning you give here also doesn't make sense to me. You say her response was measured and careful in order to debunk the theory that she was being too measured and careful? Dunno, that doesn't click with me. I'm wary in general of anyone who outright refuses to back up their suspicions of someone. That tells me you know you're standing on thin ice and would rather ignore the person you suspect (in this case LoRab), than have your suspicion debunked. If a suspicion cannot stand up to scrutiny, it is either false in nature or faulty in nature.

2. This is fear mongering to me. You're not arguing the facts of the case, you're propping LoRab up as this "big scary boogie woman" as justification for why you refused to engage. Using a player's skill at the game as a reason to A) Want to lynch them and B) Ignore the holes in your suspicion does not sit well with me.

3. Explicit WIFOM. And especially faulty WIFOM as well.

4. I find this particularly amusing. There won't ever be a good case to build on LoRab ever in the whole game? That's just patently false. Anyone can build a "good case" on anyone given enough time and content and effort. But you don't want to put that effort forward because why? Because you know that if you do, your "gut read" starts to turn into something entirely different?

Looking at this post, I'm seeing a majority of emotional appeals rather than factual statements and evidence. That tells me that you have no evidence, and indeed no desire to acquire any such evidence. It comes down to you just wanting to lynch LoRab because she's a "good player", which is a motivation I'd associate with baddies.
Let me just leave this here.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote:Okay I will explain what has pinged me after I finish work. I don't want to do you wrong if it turns out to be nothing so I want to make sure I am seeing what I thought I was seeing.
MacDougall wrote:Mate you said you were going to give us a juliets analysis days ago. You first. But you won't because she's your teammate. That's okay. You've got everyone fooled with your supertown bs. Good work DH. You deserve to win. :beer:

Linki: Sorry sorsha it's 6.35am and I have to go to work. Otherwise I would. But if you want to take a look at ISOs you will see plenty of evidence of juliets and DH being teammates.

Start with how every time DH was asked about juliets, every single time, he dodges it with "yeah she bad I'll read her later" type stuff or outright ignores it (like he just did when I asked him).

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Night 1~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:If there's more than one, which you insinuated yourself, why wouldn't they have names to distinguish them? :ponder:
How many are there?

Juliets said that I suggested the mafia teams have names and I know what they are. I did not; that was a new idea that juliets put in my mouth.

I would agree that if there are two mafia teams, that they would have distinctive names.
Are you then suggesting that juliets knew already that the mafia teams were named, and in questioning you revealed too much?
Yes. I suggested there are two mafia teams. Juliets responded by stating that "That sounds like you not only know there are two teams (i know you responded to this already) but that you knew what the team names were." Juliets brought up the idea of names, but said that I insinuated the existence of names. She put the words in my mouth, which is why I think she has secret knowledge.
Assuming your question got an answer, how did you expect anyone to indicate "which team"?
DharmaHelper wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I understand the question was bait, but at the time you asked it, surely you would have expected a response. At the time you asked, nobody knew it was a bait question. So given that, they would indicate to you "which team", how exactly?

The question itself is a poison pill, is what I'm getting at. You suspect JC for saying that you suggested the teams were named, which you didn't explicitly, but you can't in turn suspect her when "which team is he on" requires a distinction between teams.
No, I was not. My expectations are not the same as yours.

Juliets suggested that I knew what the team names are, not just that I know that there are names.

Do you know what names have been given to any mafia teams in this game?
I don't. I do see what you are saying regarding why JC says she suspects you. I get that part. I think we're not quite connecting our points here.

You're saying it is unreasonable for JC to suggest that you knew what the names are. Which I get.
DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
juliets wrote:Metalmarsh here is the question I asked you. Note that I am not asking the same questions you already answered. I'm wanting to know what was in your head when you picked the word "which" when you framed the question.
juliets wrote:MM, your question to him was "which team do you think he is on?". That sounds like you not only know there are two teams (i know you responded to this already) but that you knew what the team names were. What made you use the word "which"? And what did you expect in return from JJJ that would be an example of "which"? I hope you understand what I am asking. If not, let me know.
Sorry I never responded juliets. I've been playing much of this game so far on my phone, and just must be missing posts.

Anyway, to answer your questions.
  • 1) I have no idea how many teams there are. That was an intentional "slip" to see how folks responded.
    2) I did not know that the mafia team(s) have names. Your suggestion of that is very suspicious imo. I did not imply that I knew it either.
    3) I expected Jay to be far more aggressive in his response, since the number of mafia teams is unknown, and I implied that I knew how many there were. Then again, Jay was acting apathetic before I asked the question, so I don't know what to make of it. Different Jay =/= mafia Jay.
And to add, Matt did propose the same case that you did, that I slipped, and must be mafia. But he took a pretty hesitant approach to it. The Matt I remember from Talking Heads would have dogged me all day and all game over something like that.

Juliets, where did you get the idea that the mafia team(s) have names?
I've never played a game where the mafia teams haven't had names. It just made sense that since you were indicating you thought there was more than one team you also thought the teams would have names. I think you admitted to this during the discussion that has taken place.

zebra and DH have hit precisely on my reasons for asking you the question so i don't feel we need to rehash that. Thanks to the two of you for reading my mind while I wasn't here. I do think the root of the miscommunication here is that you asked the question to see what reactions there were to the question, not to get a specific answer to the "which" question. You didn't expect a response to the question. (That's a little hard for me to understand but I take you at your word). I, on the other hand, read the question as one where you were looking for a specific answer and didn't understand how someone could be expected to answer a "which" question without knowledge of names of the parties from which he would choose. I wouldn't have asked the question if I had realized you were just looking for reactions about the question.

The only thing I can't understand is why you think I'm suspicious for asking the question. As games go on I ask lots of questions. Some of them represent misunderstanding which sounds like the case here. Thats why I ask, to cull out those issues and get to the real issues.

If you feel we need further discussion about this just let me know.

As far as the vote goes for today, I think I'll vote for spider monkey. I have no idea who that could be and we don't even know if the person attached to it receives something good, something bad, or nothing at all. We don't even know for sure if someone is attached to animal. So Spider monkey it is.
Cuz it's a crock of shit basically.
Or how bout this one where you speak for juliets when the evil Marmot is after her. What do you think of this one Marsh?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

What if it's clear even to his teammates that his cover was quasi-blown?

WTF I WENT TO THE LOO AND ALL THIS LINKI
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Image
Yes!!!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

How is that me speaking for Juliets, exactly?

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Okay I will explain what has pinged me after I finish work. I don't want to do you wrong if it turns out to be nothing so I want to make sure I am seeing what I thought I was seeing.
MacDougall wrote:Mate you said you were going to give us a juliets analysis days ago. You first. But you won't because she's your teammate. That's okay. You've got everyone fooled with your supertown bs. Good work DH. You deserve to win. :beer:

You've got nothing. Noted. That's okay I'll just dump some quotes in the thread. I have about 4 minutes. I'll dump a fair few.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:How is that me speaking for Juliets, exactly?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Sorsha wrote:Oh shit. Where's the popcorn eating smilie??? Someone make me some popcorn, DH and Mac are about to throw down!!!!
Yeah, don't even bother appearing civvie.

LET ME POST
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It's fine I don't expect anybody to listen to me. I'm just dumping all this out here now because when I get lynched and the game ends not long after I at least want people to know I solved it because I'm petty like that. I don't expect you've been callous enough for me to catch you outright, but I am legit 100% sure you and JC are scum together.

Good game though DH. Good game.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote:It's fine I don't expect anybody to listen to me. I'm just dumping all this out here now because when I get lynched and the game ends not long after I at least want people to know I solved it because I'm petty like that. I don't expect you've been callous enough for me to catch you outright, but I am legit 100% sure you and JC are scum together.

Good game though DH. Good game.
Please explain to me how that quote does what you say it does. If you can do that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: NIGHT 7 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Matt wrote:Yeah, I think both niju and Juliets have spoken about being vote blocked. Also, when Boom was "question cursed", he literally thanked SVS in the thread for it being over.

Wtf

DH - What do you make of niju and juliets claiming to be vote blocked, then?
I dunno.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Question: How likely is it that two individuals respond to my suspicion of them by creating completely abominable cases? How likely is it that the second of those people would have defended the first to the point of, in his own words, "parody."

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Day 8 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:For my part I cannot fathom why a civvie would be so flippant with the facts. Particularly with the current thread climate.
Really? I thought the prevailing wisdom is that scum play more cautious than civs? Hence why Motel Room currently has zero votes on him.
That being said, you say yourself that bad civ play is usually thought of that way here. Do you think Draco, Marsh, juliets and Motel are just using your case as a place to hide their vote? I doubt any of them would have made a case on him had you not because they'd have just let him be weird and given him a terrible=civ pass as you said. Hell they'd probably be suspecting you and I for actually trying. It's the most frustrating thing about playing Mafia.
JC is probably hiding behind my vote, I agree with the assessment that she is glomping onto people and being as agreeable/blendy as she can. Probably one of my next suspects once this Wilgy/Sorsha mess is cleared up. Her and Drac need a good look over.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Day 8 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Matt wrote:Yeah I understand. All I can is derp a derp. I think you are misinterpreting things that may look like teammate behavior but really isn't. But again, derp a derp.

MM - If ya all kill me tonight now that I have dropped suss of you (for the temporary time being), I'm gonna be a saaaad panda. :(
I can't kill anybody or pardon anybody, or even properlu lynch baddies. Why does no one believe me? :(
Because Dom the rolechecker said you were bad.
Also if JC was bad I wouldn't be surprised but she did vote for Wilgy before MM, so unless Wilgy's team knew for certain he'd be OK in this past lynch I think I can trust her not to be on his team at the very least. If there are two mafia teams she's a good candidate for the second one, but that's a bridge we'll cross once we GET OVER THE MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE THAT SHOWS THAT WILGY IS BAD AND THAT SORSHA IS HIS TEAMMATE THEY LITERALLY OUTED EACH OTHER IN THE THREAD IT IS A MIRACLE ANY CIVS WIN ANY GAMES IN THIS SITE LMAO

Linki well there you have it.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Explain how JC can be scum, Mac.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:Question: How likely is it that two individuals respond to my suspicion of them by creating completely abominable cases? How likely is it that the second of those people would have defended the first to the point of, in his own words, "parody."
My case is not abominable. You're not even trying hard to discredit me. You're just saying offensive words.

Like I said. DH and juliets are bad and teammates. The evidence is there. I don't expect after DH's championship level performance for me to manage to get them lynched. But I am putting my vote on JC in protest.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:Explain how JC can be scum, Mac.
I don't even know where the idea that she's "confirmed town" came from. And if she was, why is she alive?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

To anyone who has ever felt victimised by DharmaHelper I call upon you. Make this your moment to stand on your own two feet. No longer will we be ruled and oppressed by this evil supatown scum.

Otherwise just lynch me and lose and I'll take the cred of being the only one to figure out his bullshit, that's just as good.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”