Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 0]

Post by sig »

Turnip Head wrote:Or maybe we are choosing individually?
I'm not sure about this I'm assuming it is as a group like in Star Wars since it is a poll, also we aren't sending it in via PM like in World Reborn.

I agree with Golden I think it is better to hunt the mafia rather then the inmates overall the mafia are a larger threat, hunting the inmates will take longer as there are more and people who are inmates might not play as different as when they are civs, plus the mafia is a bigger threat they will only need one inmate dead and then the civs while the civs will need eight inmates dead and then the mafia it will help the mafia more to hunt independents then mafia.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:Okay, Golden. I'm glad you're coming out as bad so early in the game.
No u.

The civilians win if the baddies are dead. That's what matters to me. If Cop 1# was to be recruited tonight, for example, there is absolutely no need for Cop #1's independent counterpart to be lynched by the town. If cop #4 dies, there is no need to lynch cop #4s independent counterpart. We would create huge inefficiency by trying to take out EVERY independent. Each person who needs to take out one should focus on figuring out who they are and getting rid of them.

I'm absolutely sure some independents will go along the way, and there are probably good reasons to actively hunt them for certain reasons, but the baddies should be our primary focus, not the independents.

And if your approach to my basic and fairly straightforward logic of 6 out of 6 as opposed to 1 out of 10' is simply to call me bad without addressing the point, then I'm not sure why I should feel good about you. I think trying to focus the thread very squarely on independent hunting is exactly what the baddies would want to do.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

To be clear, I am not arguing against prioritizing scum-hunt over indie-hunt (I currently have no intention of voting AA). But we are going to have to do both. The bigger picture here is that with no indies dead, only three civvies win. They matter a lot. I also really want to get an answer from the host re: when the game ends, because that would suck ass if we killed the two mafia families before anybody else and no one won as a result lol.

linki:
I think trying to focus the thread very squarely on independent hunting is exactly what the baddies would want to do.
Totally called this misrepresentation. I love how bad you are already. I'm reading your role card post added to your reluctance to go after independents as a huuge early slip. Even if you were one of the three other GCPD roles, surely you'd understand that the rest of the team can't win as easily.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Here are my thoughts on the locations:

Arkham Asylum - The scene of the crime, likely to contain several clues and trails to follow.

Wayne Manor - Bruce Wayne's residence and the secret location of the Batcave, Batman's sactum sanctorum. Likely to contain information on Gotham's underground and it's various criminal elements. Batman tends to keep detailed notes on these sorts of things.

Wayne Enterprises - Gotham's version of Microsoft. Probably contains gadgets, gear, tools, etc from "WayneTech".

Fish Mooney's - Probably a good place to go looking for crooks on the lamb.

The Docks - Another good source for gear, although of a distinctly more illicit flavor.

Gotham City Police Department - Not sure what would be found here, apart from maybe evidence in lockup.

City Hall - Criminals with white collars. Again, not sure what would be gained from here.

Park Row - Crime alley, probably the first place many of the escapees would flock to.

Blackgate Penitentiary - Muggle Prison. Difficult to say if the inmates or the guards like it better.

Gotham City General Hospital - Pretty good place to go if you're a wounded escapee and also an idiot. Not likely to be useful at this early stage.

I'm leaning towards going to Mooneys. Always a good idea to keep one's ear to the ground.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I've been in map games of all persuasions before. I would be most interested in individual choice, but if it is a collective thing I suppose that'd be fun to explore.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ekeknat
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ekeknat »

i wanna go to arkham asylum because that seems like a neat place that might have neat stuff and also the game was pretty fun the one time i played it
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Enrique wrote:I have no idea how any of this map business works so I'm just gonna treat it as though it was any other Day 0 location poll.

So yeah still no idea of how to vote. Starting where the breakout happened does make sense, sort of, but I'm also kinda wary about going head first into baddie territory. The deal with these things is that there's always obvious goodie/baddie spots, but how each works is still very much a gamble.
Usually maps show locations and connections between them.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I wanna meet this fellow Bruce and find out if he's really Batman.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 154
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Oh boy! First big game! I get to see most everyone's (hopefully) best, first hand
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DrWilgy »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Eighth :cool:
God I have missed playing mafia with you and everyone else. Also on that note I know the games that I signed up for in the past I didn't participate or subbed out its because I got into a serious relationship and couldn't figure out how to balance the two. Me and my lady friend have moved into together so it should make balancing the two a lot easier. So my hat goes off to anyone who has a significant other and plays mafia because it's extremely hard if your significant other is like mine and doesn't like cell phones or laptops out while we are hanging out. Lol
:beer:

Well Golden! That's a nice big glass of WIFOM, mind if I have a sip? Why did you wait until we were in game to let us know about this? You could've mentioned it in the pre game lobby... Er... Maybe you did. Didn't really check but I'm assuming you didn't based upon your posts. Also... Are we hinting at rolls already Golden? *sings* ~Epi's gonna kill you!~

I'd like to go GCPD.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DrWilgy wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
God I have missed playing mafia with you and everyone else. Also on that note I know the games that I signed up for in the past I didn't participate or subbed out its because I got into a serious relationship and couldn't figure out how to balance the two. Me and my lady friend have moved into together so it should make balancing the two a lot easier. So my hat goes off to anyone who has a significant other and plays mafia because it's extremely hard if your significant other is like mine and doesn't like cell phones or laptops out while we are hanging out. Lol

Well Golden! That's a nice big glass of WIFOM, mind if I have a sip? Why did you wait until we were in game to let us know about this? You could've mentioned it in the pre game lobby... Er... Maybe you did. Didn't really check but I'm assuming you didn't based upon your posts. Also... Are we hinting at rolls already Golden? *sings* ~Epi's gonna kill you!~

I'd like to go GCPD.
I've been mentioning it in every game for about the last three months, but it bears repetition.

And I haven't hinted at a role, but I've certainly hinted that I'm town.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

Batman!!

So far, gettin' indie vibes from sig and SVS, and Golden is bein' strange.

I think we should go to Arkham considering the game is Arkham Mafia, but if this is like Star Wars, then we'll probably visit all of these locations eventually.

Btw hosts, is this game based on a mix of different source materials? I did not expect to see the name "Fish Mooney" pop up in what otherwise looks to be a pretty sweet game. :eek:

(oh, and if town knows what's good for it, we should probably lynch Wilgy Day 1 just to be safe)
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sprityo wrote:Oh boy! First big game! I get to see most everyone's (hopefully) best, first hand
You can see a little bit more for about $5. :shifty:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:To be clear, I am not arguing against prioritizing scum-hunt over indie-hunt (I currently have no intention of voting AA). But we are going to have to do both. The bigger picture here is that with no indies dead, only three civvies win. They matter a lot. I also really want to get an answer from the host re: when the game ends, because that would suck ass if we killed the two mafia families before anybody else and no one won as a result lol.

linki:
I think trying to focus the thread very squarely on independent hunting is exactly what the baddies would want to do.
Totally called this misrepresentation. I love how bad you are already. I'm reading your role card post added to your reluctance to go after independents as a huuge early slip. Even if you were one of the three other GCPD roles, surely you'd understand that the rest of the team can't win as easily.
What possible baddie motivation is there to be reluctant to go after independents? Please - make a rational case out of that for me.

The rest of the team CAN win as easily, and I've explained this to you over and over. How many people will usually be alive at game end, about 6 on average? I think the chances of a civilian cop being alive at the end when the cops win, and his independent counterpart also being alive to be slim. Heck, if I did or have rolled a cop I would be saying exactly what I'm saying now. It would be my job to find the one person I need to kill, and lynching my way through ten independents to get there would just be selfish. Killing a baddie is in the interests of everyone. Killing an independent is in the interests of one person. It's really straightforward.

You are fighting and pushing to chase independents. Why?
You ignore my logical points. Why?
You think that as a baddie I'm going to come out swinging against going after independents? WHY? Like I just pointed out, the baddies couldn't be happier if everyone goes chasing independents.
You ignore the others who have taken my points and agree with me. Why?

Is it because I nailed you in Star Wars, and you feel threatened?

C'mon, rationalise where you think my headspace is at for any of that to be true, Enrique. Convince me that your stuff about me is in any way genuine. Because right now all I see is someone making bad arguments to try and pin a motive on me that makes no sense, and I don't know why that would be your response instead of just actually recognising I have a point. You seem completely locked into your idea, and unwilling to budge from it, and its like you are trying to push a logical point of your own to make it seem genuine but your logical point just makes no sense. Each one of those cops, if they eliminate the baddies, can win with NINE of the independents alive.

By the way, I still think I'll probably vote Arkham. The leads are hot now. But I'm telling you that I will be pushing in this game VERY hard to stay focussed on the BADDIES. The independents are no loss, but they are exactly who the baddies want us to lynch while they clean us up.

And yeah, :eye: because doubling down on flawed ideas and not listening to reason is often a baddie tell.

linki @ Matt - why am I being strange? I seem to always get called strange these days.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Ahoy, fellow Gothamites!!
this one would surprise me not.

I think looking towards the scene of the breakout is not a bad idea. I will vote there.

Though by the end of the day, it may not be a bad idea for multiple people to choose one of each option, just in case...
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Nerolunar »

Hello everyone.

The game really wants us to go to Arkham imo. Thats where things are happening and I believe we might miss out on a lot of information if we neglect it.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

Matt wrote:Batman!!

So far, gettin' indie vibes from sig and SVS, and Golden is bein' strange.

I think we should go to Arkham considering the game is Arkham Mafia, but if this is like Star Wars, then we'll probably visit all of these locations eventually.

Btw hosts, is this game based on a mix of different source materials? I did not expect to see the name "Fish Mooney" pop up in what otherwise looks to be a pretty sweet game. :eek:

(oh, and if town knows what's good for it, we should probably lynch Wilgy Day 1 just to be safe)
So Matt, which of my two posts gave you that vibe? Was it the throwaway post or was it the one where I said I don't know alot about this topic?
S~V~S wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Oh how awesome congrats :D

And the Asylum makes sense as the scene of the crime; I was thinking that or the Police Station are both good ideas. But I don't know all that much about this universe, so I am willing to listen to those that do.
Scotty wrote:Ahoy, fellow Gothamites!!
this one would surprise me not.

I think looking towards the scene of the breakout is not a bad idea. I will vote there.

Though by the end of the day, it may not be a bad idea for multiple people to choose one of each option, just in case...
Since there is a map, yeah, I would guess we are not all going to the winning location, too.

Since my initial impulse was scene of the crime, or the police station, and Arkham has the most voters already,I will go to the police station.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Sorsha »

I'm going to check out Wayne Enterprises and see if they'll let me borrow any gadgets.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

Yay game! I'm going to Wayne Manor.

Specifically, the one room in Wayne Manor young Bruce spends all his time in on Gotham.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 389

Post by a2thezebra »

Let's go to the docks!
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Matt wrote:Btw hosts, is this game based on a mix of different source materials?

It is made up of Batman-related source materials.
I did not expect to see the name "Fish Mooney" pop up in what otherwise looks to be a pretty sweet game. :eek:
In what way does the inclusion of Fish Mooney detract from the game's sweetness?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Preliminary reports indicate that Golden is GCPD or independent. Civ Golden loves to argue like it's his day job or something.

If this is anything like X-men (I didn't play Star Wars so I forget how it worked) this poll is simply deciding the order of the locations we visit. There's no grid so I doubt it's a full fledged map like World Reborn.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sticking with a Arkham Asylum vote. Makes sense to check out the scene of the crime first.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I don't buy it, Golden. You're acting like I'm trying to sideline the Mafia when that is simply not true. You act like there's been a massive dicussion about this, where I'm arguing your 'rational factual actual logic science based focus' is a perspective a civ couldn't possibly hold, that that's the sole reason you are scum. You're also somehow both ignoring and using against me the idea that indies are scum to me. Simple as is, Golden, they're our enemies as much as the other roles.

What reason would you have to ignore the indie hunt? So many! For starters, you do realize that each Mafia needs the other dead, right? And we are going to get them both, like, Christ where do you even get the idea that I'm opposing that? I think you're Supatowning it up because your team doesn't give a shit about Independents one way or another. The rest of us? They're our enemies. As much as the Mafia is, and please stop using that "logic" card against me like I haven't thought this out or I don't know what I'm saying. Talking down to me isn't gonna do anything to convince me that you're good.

Bringing up Star Wars Mafia makes me feel like you are the one who's threatened, Golden. I don't even understand where that came from. This is my case. This is me on you. This is me telling you that I don't buy it, that you've all but crossed out almost any civvie role for you and you know you got caught. And, you know, it didn't have to be this way. I would've been a lot less aggressive about this, potentially even let it go if you didn't try to twist my words to make it about me and responded appropriately ("Oh, gee, I get it now. The other baddies are also bad!"). I don't even necessarily blame you for disagreeing, but you're painting indie hunt as something bad that only bad people would have any motive for following. Also I am focused squarely on indie hunting. Oh, and you're voting Arkham Asylum too to prove how okay it is with you! That's bullshit, G.

@Hosts: Hey don't forget me! When does the game end? Does every single conflict (GCDP vs Mafia vs Mafia, Cop vs Indie, Joker vs Wayne Gordon Falcoke Maroni) need to be resolved, or only the main one?
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Or, or, or, hey. Maybe you're just an Independent who's reluctantly going with the majority option not to stick out, even after trying to nudge the town the other way :shrug2:
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Golden wrote:@Hosts - what happens if both crime families try to buy off the same cop?

Bass's idea sounds sensible enough, but I'd also point out that everyone from the Asylum appears to be independent. So, it might not help us find the crime families (who seem more analagous to mafia).

But a lot of those independents don't seem exactly friendly.
This is the first post even using the word "Independent" for the Arkham Asylum baddies. This stinks, right? To turn this on you, maybe focusing squarely on Mafia is what an Arkham baddie would want us to do.

ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:@Hosts - what happens if both crime families try to buy off the same cop?
Hmm... :ponder:
Enrique wrote:@Hosts I take it the game ends when two out of the three main competing factions (GCPD + the mafias) are dead? Or do all independent-related conflicts need to be resolved as well? (Joker vs Batman, Gordon, Falcone and Maroni for example)
This ends when two of those three main factions you named are eliminated. Any independent or additional win conditions need to be satisfied by that point.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:Preliminary reports indicate that Golden is GCPD or independent. Civ Golden loves to argue like it's his day job or something.

If this is anything like X-men (I didn't play Star Wars so I forget how it worked) this poll is simply deciding the order of the locations we visit. There's no grid so I doubt it's a full fledged map like World Reborn.
I don't disagree, but if he's arguing so much, why would he be independent-- according to this line of logic?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Thanks Epi.

So you hear that, folks? Let's not even try to win. How many of us are gonna survive anyway, six? Just give up.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DrWilgy wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

I'd like to go GCPD.
*Looks at this post for any sign of Golden*

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

DharmaHelper wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

I'd like to go GCPD.
*Looks at this post for any sign of Golden*
Yeah I'm confused. Is this for me or golden?
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Yeah that confused me too, and Golden even knew what to answer so it must be something obvious :p
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Preliminary reports indicate that Golden is GCPD or independent. Civ Golden loves to argue like it's his day job or something.

I don't disagree, but if he's arguing so much, why would he be independent-- according to this line of logic?
Well, Indy Golden loves to argue too, even when he doesn't have to if Star Wars is any indication. But I think his mafia-hunting perspective is genuine and that could line up with some of the inmates' goals. He could also be setting up a supatown persona in the event that he's a cop and gets bought off, but that hasn't happened yet.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Voted.
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Black Rock »

So the game has started. You think I'd get a heads up from the co-host I married.

We're leaving soon to do a pre-birthday lunch for LC, his birthday is tomorrow. I'll catch up on the thread after we get back.
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote:@Hosts I take it the game ends when two out of the three main competing factions (GCPD + the mafias) are dead? Or do all independent-related conflicts need to be resolved as well? (Joker vs Batman, Gordon, Falcone and Maroni for example)
This ends when two of those three main factions you named are eliminated. Any independent or additional win conditions need to be satisfied by that point.
What if Mr. Freeze becomes a serial killer? I assume he has to die too?
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:
Dom wrote:

Well, Indy Golden loves to argue too, even when he doesn't have to if Star Wars is any indication. But I think his mafia-hunting perspective is genuine and that could line up with some of the inmates' goals. He could also be setting up a supatown persona in the event that he's a cop and gets bought off, but that hasn't happened yet.
Do you think Golden wants/hopes to be bought off?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
What if Mr. Freeze becomes a serial killer? I assume he has to die too?
If Mr. Freeze becomes a serial killer, he becomes a threat to everyone, because he will need everyone dead to win. If that happens, everything continues even if two of the three central factions are eliminated, and it won't end until Victor is dead or kills everybody.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
It really is. The key is negotiation. Good luck bass! And congrats, I'm happy for you! :workit:
Thanks man . Negotiation is hard because she knows she holds the ultimate trump card which is she can cut me off from my favorite pastime. Lol
So she pulls the old "look sweetie I'm naked!" Card does she? Well played lady friend.....well played....

Also hi everyone!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Dom wrote:

No, I think he likes playing as a civ, but he wouldn't really have a choice in the matter.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Golden wrote:
Enrique wrote:

Bass's idea sounds sensible enough, but I'd also point out that everyone from the Asylum appears to be independent. So, it might not help us find the crime families (who seem more analagous to mafia).

Independents whom most civvies need dead to win :eye:
They do? It doesn't look to me like ANY civilians need the independents dead, to me. Whereas the town definitely needs the crime families dead.

This is literally the first think I noticed when I got my role card, so :eye: :eye: right back at you.
I really don't think he's a cop based on this post. Not to mention, he could hope to get bought off, but in the end the mafia picks a number, not a player, so he can't exactly angle himself for that.

Although
Golden wrote:
:hugs:

SVS and I have an 8 bond.
There's a number.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I guess I'm just simple minded. Our objective as put forth by the game was this:

A riot at Arkham Asylum has resulted in the escape of multiple inmates and a string of brutal murders. The city has hired a group of independent investigators to determine the whereabouts of some of these escapees, as well as their killing streaks and how much cash they are hoarding. If you are willing to help, they are listening.

So as I see it we are the group of independent investigators and we are charged with determining the whereabouts and etc. of the escapees. Shouldn't we base where to go on this mission we are charged with? Am I thinking about this wrong? I'm still thinking to vote the Asylum because we can question other inmates as to possible destinations and other things I see the investigators do in real life (and on Law and Order, lol). I'll wait to see if any of you think this is the wrong way to think about it given our mission before I vote.

linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

juliets wrote:I guess I'm just simple minded. Our objective as put forth by the game was this:

A riot at Arkham Asylum has resulted in the escape of multiple inmates and a string of brutal murders. The city has hired a group of independent investigators to determine the whereabouts of some of these escapees, as well as their killing streaks and how much cash they are hoarding. If you are willing to help, they are listening.

So as I see it we are the group of independent investigators and we are charged with determining the whereabouts and etc. of the escapees. Shouldn't we base where to go on this mission we are charged with? Am I thinking about this wrong? I'm still thinking to vote the Asylum because we can question other inmates as to possible destinations and other things I see the investigators do in real life (and on Law and Order, lol). I'll wait to see if any of you think this is the wrong way to think about it given our mission before I vote.

linki
I like how JC is thinking. I also like simple. I also haven't had coffee yet so imma prolly not braining good and missing something.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Post by sig »

I don't think going to the place they broke out from would be very helpful, I think it would be better to go to the locations the inmates are most likely to escape to.
ImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

I think it might be helpful. They might have left clues in their cells for all we know.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Just cast my vote for Arkham Asylum.

Also, why has the hosts voted for the zoo?
ImageImage

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nerolunar wrote:Just cast my vote for Arkham Asylum.

Also, why has the hosts voted for the zoo?
Every poll is going to have a "Host Option" for the hosts, anyone who is dead, and anyone who is not playing to vote for. It helps the Hosts keep track of the poll without having too much trouble.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Oh okay, thanks.
ImageImage

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:
Dom wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Dom wrote:

No, I think he likes playing as a civ, but he wouldn't really have a choice in the matter.
I understand that, but I wanted to know what you were going to answer. :) thx
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

What turns me off AA is that I feel as if it's heading straight into baddie territory. In past games I've always voted for what I see as the "civviest" option (which in this case I think would obviously be Wayne Manor), but then you have to take into account that we're taking all the baddies with us, and in this case they make up half of the players.

That's why I like neutral places. I don't see how the Penitentiary could be harmful, and at best some of the meta-people there might have leads. The Hospital is also pretty damn neutral but like sig pointed out, it might be better to visit when players are poisoned and we need to.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”