Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 46

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

SVS what do you mean dancing around TH?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 389

Post by a2thezebra »

S~V~S wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Not everyone views it that way; to me it reads like mocking the PERSON. I would have taken it as such had it been me. And although MP & I are wildle different, that is one way we are the same. Some people can man up & grow a sense of humor about themselves, and some cannot. So I tend to view mocking, or making fuin of peoples opinions, as aggression.

It's a fault I have.
I understand having a problem with mocking the person, but just before you said it was mocking the suspicion, and that that wasn't a good look. Which is it? I'm having a very hard time trying to understand where you stand. I'll think that you feel one way and then you'll say something that makes me think otherwise. I know it's not your fault but it's extremely frustrating. I'm not sure how much of this you're trying to imply is alignment-indicative, how much of it you're saying is something you take personal not game-related issue with, how much of it you're being sarcastic about, I just don't follow you at all here. Same with the post before this that you made. Like what were you saying by stating that "alarming" is an adverb? Was that meant to be relevant, were you just being funny, and in either case what did I say that you were responding to by saying that? Sorry if I'm being interrogative and rant-y, I'm just agitated that I still can't seem to properly communicate with you in this game just like the last. It's not what I want and I feel that it's my fault.
We could not communicate in the last becasue you were a baddie trying to kill me, making a mountain out of a molehill, lol.

Even though I was a baddie in that game I genuinely believed everything I said regarding Scotty's slip and I was genuinely VERY frustrated that you weren't responding to so much of what I had to say. Like VERY, VERY frustrated. I honestly thought you were doing it because you were a baddie from the other team it was pissing me off so much.

And I am not saying it is alignment indicative. I am saying I wish you would stop mocking MP or anyone for suspecting you, or questioning you. You say something, or a number of things, that make total sense to me and I feel all warm and fuzzy, then you say something like "just sayin" or mock someones suspicions of you by putting words in quotes, anf the warm fuzzy just evaporates. Your content is not baddie to me; it's the sarco-trimmings that keep pulling me back in.

See this is what I'm talking about though. I'm not mocking anyone for suspecting me or questioning me nor have I done that the entire game, and it seriously bothers me that you still think that I have been when I have clarified so many times that I am not.

When I said "just sayin" that was a point I was making because I felt that MP was trying to blame me entirely for misunderstanding me when I don't see why anyone has to be blamed for that. It wasn't mockery and it wasn't trying to put the blame on him. I clarified and explained this, to you.

When I put words in quotes (you're referring to "explosive" I take it) that wasn't mocking MP, that was me expressing that I (still) disagree with the idea that using the word "alarming" can be considered explosive language on its own. Just because I expressed that opinion humorously doesn't mean that I was mocking MP. Again, I clarified and explained this, to you.

Yet you still say that it's mockery here, when it's not. You still say that it's a comment about the person I'm responding to rather than a point that they made, when it's not. You still say that it's because they suspect me or question me, when it's not. And I find that infuriating because I'm not sure (just as with the previous game) if you're ignoring me clarify things to you over and over and over and over again deliberately, or if I'm just not conveying them to you properly enough. In the last game you never acknowledged that I suspected you for reasons beside what I thought was a slip from Scotty even though I made it clear to you a gajillion times. You would even quote me directly, address the part regarding the slip, and snip out the part of each and every damn quote where I expressed suspicion of you for things beside the slip. I would make a large post with lots of points and you would only respond to a single point, about what? The slip, of course. And you kept doing this every time you would respond over and over again and it was driving me nuts. Now you're doing it again only instead of it being about me accusing you of things, you're doing it about me mocking people, which I take much greater offense to so I'm even more infuriated by it.

Again, it's a failing of mine.

I don't think it's in any way wrong to not feel warm and fuzzy if you feel someone is mocking people, but I'm not doing that. But rather than listen to me when I say that I'm not doing that you still say that I am doing that and that you're just not reacting to it well. This is the kind of thing that keeps happening with us and it makes me go apeshit because it just seems so unnecessary and easily avoidable yet it keeps fucking happening and I don't know what I can do to help it. It's the most frustrating thing ever and I'm sorry but I don't know what to do better.
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

sprityo wrote:
Golden wrote:
On the other hand, perhaps it is easy to get tied up in looking for false suspicions in a game where most everyone is trying to find baddies.
"youre guilty until proven innocent"
Thats actually a good perspective, although my point here is that with multiple bad teams, everyone could have legitimate suspicions.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

bea wrote:
Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:But I think having an open mind helps civvies in general.
I couldn't express any more wildly how much I agree with this sentiment.
Really? Cuz that's how civ bea and civ JC tend to play? Are we wrong?

And from a meta standpoint -you are welcome to tell me all the ways I've been manipulated in the past. Hell you need go no further than the last Champ game to see it. But honestly? Isn't having an open mind better for seeing if someone might be manipulating you? I look forward to your post game meta thoughts via pm about it. :D
I think you read the word 'disagree' where I said 'agree'.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
sig wrote:I was saying I also found it scummy that Enrique said Golden was a baddie for wanting to hunt mafia and not just the Inmates.
Upon my third read of it and you disputing the point, I got that.
Does this impact your opinion of sig?

I felt like his throughline on me and Enrique was consistent. He saw things the same way as me from the start.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
sig wrote:I was saying I also found it scummy that Enrique said Golden was a baddie for wanting to hunt mafia and not just the Inmates.

I felt like his throughline on me and Enrique was consistent. He saw things the same way as me from the start.
Of course it does. I thought it was ridiculous that he could suspect you both. It was a big part of my case.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

a2thezebra wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Not everyone views it that way; to me it reads like mocking the PERSON. I would have taken it as such had it been me. And although MP & I are wildle different, that is one way we are the same. Some people can man up & grow a sense of humor about themselves, and some cannot. So I tend to view mocking, or making fuin of peoples opinions, as aggression.

It's a fault I have.
I understand having a problem with mocking the person, but just before you said it was mocking the suspicion, and that that wasn't a good look. Which is it? I'm having a very hard time trying to understand where you stand. I'll think that you feel one way and then you'll say something that makes me think otherwise. I know it's not your fault but it's extremely frustrating. I'm not sure how much of this you're trying to imply is alignment-indicative, how much of it you're saying is something you take personal not game-related issue with, how much of it you're being sarcastic about, I just don't follow you at all here. Same with the post before this that you made. Like what were you saying by stating that "alarming" is an adverb? Was that meant to be relevant, were you just being funny, and in either case what did I say that you were responding to by saying that? Sorry if I'm being interrogative and rant-y, I'm just agitated that I still can't seem to properly communicate with you in this game just like the last. It's not what I want and I feel that it's my fault.
We could not communicate in the last becasue you were a baddie trying to kill me, making a mountain out of a molehill, lol.

Even though I was a baddie in that game I genuinely believed everything I said regarding Scotty's slip and I was genuinely VERY frustrated that you weren't responding to so much of what I had to say. Like VERY, VERY frustrated. I honestly thought you were doing it because you were a baddie from the other team it was pissing me off so much.

Well, you were incredibly wrong.

And I am not saying it is alignment indicative. I am saying I wish you would stop mocking MP or anyone for suspecting you, or questioning you. You say something, or a number of things, that make total sense to me and I feel all warm and fuzzy, then you say something like "just sayin" or mock someones suspicions of you by putting words in quotes, anf the warm fuzzy just evaporates. Your content is not baddie to me; it's the sarco-trimmings that keep pulling me back in.

See this is what I'm talking about though. I'm not mocking anyone for suspecting me or questioning me nor have I done that the entire game, and it seriously bothers me that you still think that I have been when I have clarified so many times that I am not.

When I said "just sayin" that was a point I was making because I felt that MP was trying to blame me entirely for misunderstanding me when I don't see why anyone has to be blamed for that. It wasn't mockery and it wasn't trying to put the blame on him. I clarified and explained this, to you.

When I put words in quotes (you're referring to "explosive" I take it) that wasn't mocking MP, that was me expressing that I (still) disagree with the idea that using the word "alarming" can be considered explosive language on its own. Just because I expressed that opinion humorously doesn't mean that I was mocking MP. Again, I clarified and explained this, to you.

Yet you still say that it's mockery here, when it's not. You still say that it's a comment about the person I'm responding to rather than a point that they made, when it's not. You still say that it's because they suspect me or question me, when it's not. And I find that infuriating because I'm not sure (just as with the previous game) if you're ignoring me clarify things to you over and over and over and over again deliberately, or if I'm just not conveying them to you properly enough. In the last game you never acknowledged that I suspected you for reasons beside what I thought was a slip from Scotty even though I made it clear to you a gajillion times. You would even quote me directly, address the part regarding the slip, and snip out the part of each and every damn quote where I expressed suspicion of you for things beside the slip. I would make a large post with lots of points and you would only respond to a single point, about what? The slip, of course. And you kept doing this every time you would respond over and over again and it was driving me nuts. Now you're doing it again only instead of it being about me accusing you of things, you're doing it about me mocking people, which I take much greater offense to so I'm even more infuriated by it.

I am sorry you see it this way;I am only being honest. I have been told I am over sensitive. But I am totally a tone player and I read people based on emotion. And this is how I am reading you,and it comes across as snarky. And snark, o me , comes across as negative. I am not trying to offend you or anything of that nature. But to em mocking people tends to be a baddie tactic to marginalize peoples opinions. So more than one instance of snark or mocking reads as that to me. I just read it negatively.

I don't think it's in any way wrong to not feel warm and fuzzy if you feel someone is mocking people, but I'm not doing that. But rather than listen to me when I say that I'm not doing that you still say that I am doing that and that you're just not reacting to it well. This is the kind of thing that keeps happening with us and it makes me go apeshit because it just seems so unnecessary and easily avoidable yet it keeps fucking happening and I don't know what I can do to help it. It's the most frustrating thing ever and I'm sorry but I don't know what to do better.
I know you disagree with me, but I do think you ARE doing this. And it is a failing that have that I tend to conflate snark with bad. I know that *I* am more snark when I am bad, and so are most other people. From years of observation. In real life and in online games. So again, since this is my fail, I am asking you to please stop doing it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

bea wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:How about a new discussion point: What do you all think of this post by MacDougall?
MacDougall wrote:Checking in to say that Turnip Head is bad.
I haven't said anything about it yet myself.
I personally read it as Mac being Mac. And poking TH just cuz. Kinda like his verson of "ya game!"
No, TH pinged me. His posts are either half committed or come across like falsified opinions. I intended for it to inspire people to take a closer look at Turnip Head.
Turnip Head wrote:Well I'm sorry that you don't like my opinions Mac.
I can appreciate that you haven't got much else in the way of capacity to argue with the way I laid out my opinion so despite this post being something I could easily be antagonised by I'll give it a point in your favour tbh.
Bass_the_Clever wrote: Why me?
Tone ping.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And I have to add before I go to bed,

nanananananananana BATBEAR!!

(Not a role hint I just really really lovemy avatar :D )
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Of course it does. I thought it was ridiculous that he could suspect you both. It was a big part of my case.
Good, just checking :p

I would think it was an essential part of your case.

I don't really get Mac's suspicion of you. You tone read genuine to me at the moment.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MacDougall wrote:
bea wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:How about a new discussion point: What do you all think of this post by MacDougall?
I personally read it as Mac being Mac. And poking TH just cuz. Kinda like his verson of "ya game!"
No, TH pinged me. His posts are either half committed or come across like falsified opinions. I intended for it to inspire people to take a closer look at Turnip Head.
I can appreciate that you haven't got much else in the way of capacity to argue with the way I laid out my opinion so despite this post being something I could easily be antagonised by I'll give it a point in your favour tbh.
Tone ping.
Can you show me the post that you had a problem with my tone please.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I give up. Fucking hell.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Noooo!

Sincerity ftw :)
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I don't think I've ever been this frustrated in a mafia game and it's not even relevant to the game itself so I'm calling it a night. Seriously, I'm an emotional wreck right now.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:I don't think I've ever been this frustrated in a mafia game and it's not even relevant to the game itself so I'm calling it a night. Seriously, I'm an emotional wreck right now.
Go have a good night. Come back fresh :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am very seriously not sure why . I don;t think anything I have said is all that awful.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

S~V~S wrote:I am very seriously not sure why . I don;t think anything I have said is all that awful.
It was the bat bear comment.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

S~V~S wrote:I am very seriously not sure why . I don;t think anything I have said is all that awful.
It's not your fault, it's mine. Apparently I am just the worst person in history at communicating what I want to communicate, because every time you've responded to me for both this game and the last it's felt to me like you've responded to an imaginary person with an imaginary post.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

a2thezebra wrote:
It's not your fault, it's mine. Apparently I am just the worst person in history at communicating what I want to communicate, because every time you've responded to me for both this game and the last it's felt to me like you've responded to an imaginary person with an imaginary post.
I feel this way a lot but I don't think it's anyone fault I think it's the lack of tone and not knowing someone that makes it hard to communicate. Just take the night off and relax its just a game nothing to get mad about and ruin your night.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

If you are still here Zebra,and I think you may be :) , I am sorry if I have frustrated you so much. I am just saying it how I see it.

Which is not to say that is how you see it.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

It's a fault I have.

And having read THs case, I respect TH tons, and take him very seriously. He brings up a lot of good points.

TH did you play Dune? I don't remember, iirc, sig was actually bad there.

Linki @ Mac, Bass has struck me,he seems to be dancing around TH. Am I wrong, Bass?
svs -is your tone issue with zeebs similar to how my feather's got just a BIT ruffled when I heard MP say he was trying to "engage" zeebs?

PLEASE NOTE ALL OTHER PLAYERS - this is something specific I'm asking SVS and no one else should take offense or meaning to. I do not think MP is bad I do not think zeebs is bad. I'm personally asking SVS a tone question that really only she prolly understands.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
I feel this way a lot but I don't think it's anyone fault I think it's the lack of tone and not knowing someone that makes it hard to communicate. Just take the night off and relax its just a game nothing to get mad about and ruin your night.
Thanks for the support, from you that means a lot since I've always thought you disliked me. I do think it's my fault in this case because I feel like I'm doing a piss-poor job of articulating what I mean so S~V~S (and everyone in general really I guess) can give the kind of response that I hope for. I'm not mad I'm just overwhelmed at myself and wishing I could do better.

linki @ SVS - It's not you, really it's not.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Obviously at this point I'm not handling anything very gracefully so I really am going to call it a night now. Sorry for clogging the thread with shit everyone.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Golden wrote:
bea wrote:
Golden wrote:

And from a meta standpoint -you are welcome to tell me all the ways I've been manipulated in the past. Hell you need go no further than the last Champ game to see it. But honestly? Isn't having an open mind better for seeing if someone might be manipulating you? I look forward to your post game meta thoughts via pm about it. :D
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: doh. queen nub...six beers in and stopping to cook dinner.

You are correct sir. I got my feathers all a ruffled for no reason. Carry on.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

a2thezebra wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Thanks for the support, from you that means a lot since I've always thought you disliked me. I do think it's my fault in this case because I feel like I'm doing a piss-poor job of articulating what I mean so S~V~S (and everyone in general really I guess) can give the kind of response that I hope for. I'm not mad I'm just overwhelmed at myself and wishing I could do better.

linki @ SVS - It's not you, really it's not.
You are welcome and know I don't dislike anyone it's just a game.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MacDougall wrote:
bea wrote:
Tone ping.
Ok. I misinterpreted your one sentence post. Sorry. You are still newish to me. Still learning to read you. I think my performance in the champs game proves I have some ways to go to getting it right. :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

bea wrote:
Golden wrote:
bea wrote:
Golden wrote:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: doh. queen nub...six beers in and stopping to cook dinner.

You are correct sir. I got my feathers all a ruffled for no reason. Carry on.
:hugs: :p
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

a2thezebra wrote:I give up. Fucking hell.

Please don't give up!!! I think you have a lot to add to the game.

I really do. And I don't think SVS is out to get you. Like at all.

Please come back tomorrow and talk more about either suspicions or map locations. Either or. Really.

I've enjoyed my back and forth with you and if you are civ I don't want to loose you early because tone things got too much. :hug:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Bea,no I don't think so. It's hard to articulate. I read making fun of peoples suspicions as marginaization.Which I tend to view as bad. If people feel dumb they are lesslikely to talk, Baddie 101.

I also know that Zeebs & I, for all good intentions, tend to be a bad train wreck about each other. In a pastlife, when she was here in a different incarnation, she struck me as playing a bad game like boos. And boo was always super cuttingly witty, with only a razor line between witty civ & mocking baddie. You now what I mean. LB squared to the 100th.

I am potentially reading into this, but not unlike earlier discussions, i am not sure why she is not getting what i am saying. I am being clear to the point of rude (and not trying to be hurtful, srsly). I was at the head of the "let's drop it and start over", but then I thought she was not letting go of the sarco.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And seriously, Batbear has to go to bed, she needs to get up at 5 AM (eek).
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Post by sig »

Zebra you should go get drunk and seduce someone I think is hot since ya now I'm to young and innocent to do either of those things, so you should do it for me okay? :bighug:

I'm not sure we have the same type though so that might not work out quite well in the end but oh well. :shrug:

:P

On a more serious note I'm glad I cleared up the TH thing, I see why he might have thought I was mafia and have bumped him back to neutral, of course he could also be mafia backing down since he wasn't gaining much traction.

I'm feeling good about Mac and would GTH him as a civ.

I was thinking about the Inmate thing and I'd be okay if we ended up lynching them, but I don't think they should be the top priority. However, if say Mr. Freeze starts killing people then yes we might want to focus on hunting him, same could be said for Poison Ivy or potentially Bane/Riddler. However, someone like Two Face or Penguin isn't necessarily worth spending time hunting imo.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bass I appreciate you wanting me to quantify my tone ping with posts but when I read the posts for content the content is not bad. The content is not the issue, the context of it ... the timing and tone. So me sharing these quotes with you isn't going to help but here goes anyway...
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I agree with Enrique. I don't think any of the cops are going to want the game to end if there win condition isn't met.
This is the sort of post I find early game scum use to start to blend in. You buddied and it's non provoking content.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:This is the same reason I thought zebra was bad last game u played with her. She just says shit to make it seems like she cares.
This is again latching on to other people's content. Easy hunting. Pings me tonally.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Null = Nothing.

You were alarmed literally by *nothing*
I'm with S~V~S here.
I also agree. If you think the option was bad why would you think any of the people who voted it to be bad?
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I would like to hear DH's thoughts about everything that has happen today.
Buddying up to DH. This irks me for different reasons.

Like I said Bass I'm trying to avoid reading the content as much as reading whether the tone is natural here and you are one who has come across like your posts conceal something about your intention. You are lending your weight to other peoples theories not creating your own as well which is bad. And you've already started buddying. Your reaction to me seemed alarmed as well which isn't fantastic.

Also day zero Mac is 95% accurate so you might as well concede.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets what are you thinking at the moment?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think it's funny that in the GoC, Rico took a lot of flak for making Day 0 an unreadable slog... but here we are in a Rico-less game and there's still 13 pages :haha: Is this the new normal?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MacDougall wrote:Bass I appreciate you wanting me to quantify my tone ping with posts but when I read the posts for content the content is not bad. The content is not the issue, the context of it ... the timing and tone. So me sharing these quotes with you isn't going to help but here goes anyway...
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I agree with Enrique. I don't think any of the cops are going to want the game to end if there win condition isn't met.
This is the sort of post I find early game scum use to start to blend in. You buddied and it's non provoking content.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:This is the same reason I thought zebra was bad last game u played with her. She just says shit to make it seems like she cares.
This is again latching on to other people's content. Easy hunting. Pings me tonally.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Null = Nothing.

You were alarmed literally by *nothing*
I'm with S~V~S here.
I also agree. If you think the option was bad why would you think any of the people who voted it to be bad?
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I would like to hear DH's thoughts about everything that has happen today.
Buddying up to DH. This irks me for different reasons.

Like I said Bass I'm trying to avoid reading the content as much as reading whether the tone is natural here and you are one who has come across like your posts conceal something about your intention. You are lending your weight to other peoples theories not creating your own as well which is bad. And you've already started buddying. Your reaction to me seemed alarmed as well which isn't fantastic.

Also day zero Mac is 95% accurate so you might as well concede.
Thanks anyway I get what you are trying to say. I get how it seems like I'm trying to buddie up to people but trust me it's not my intent. In a lot of games people say I'm quite so this game I'm trying to put all my opinions in the tread instead of keeping them to myself . I can't help people beat me to those opinions.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:@Bea,no I don't think so. It's hard to articulate. I read making fun of peoples suspicions as marginaization.Which I tend to view as bad. If people feel dumb they are lesslikely to talk, Baddie 101.

I also know that Zeebs & I, for all good intentions, tend to be a bad train wreck about each other. In a pastlife, when she was here in a different incarnation, she struck me as playing a bad game like boos. And boo was always super cuttingly witty, with only a razor line between witty civ & mocking baddie. You now what I mean. LB squared to the 100th.

I am potentially reading into this, but not unlike earlier discussions, i am not sure why she is not etting what i am saying. I am being clear to the point of rude (and not trying to be hurtful, srsly). I was at the head of the "let's drop it and start over", but then I thought she was not letting go of the sarco.
I get that. And you know how much I get my own personal panties in a bunch when I think someone is poking fun of my dumb in a way to shut me down. You also have seen first hand at how over sensitive I am to that. (I'm sorry DH and Newt.)

Sarco is hard because we *all* do it. And we all think "they know I'm joking." I was all sorts of butthurt about Rico's scaro in the champs game. He kept saying civs weren't trying and darn it I was. I really really was trying. And it was nothing compaired to how I felt about each post I read that FZ made about me.

I've said stuff I ment to be all sarco and light hearted that came across as mean and I know each and every one of us has done it at least more than once. There is no orange or pink text in the world that takes away from how words can be mistranslated across a forum from people.

Maybe give her the benefit of the doubt here and if something more says bad - go from there?

linki - it was the new normal EONS ago. During recruitment when I was visiting Daisy and MP and Daisy and I were on the loosing civ team, I spent half the trip telling them the next game I host I'm putting posting limits on players. Like you have 5 posts a day you can make. Make them fucking count! [/ot}
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

bea wrote:
S~V~S wrote:@Bea,no I don't think so. It's hard to articulate. I read making fun of peoples suspicions as marginaization.Which I tend to view as bad. If people feel dumb they are lesslikely to talk, Baddie 101.

I am potentially reading into this, but not unlike earlier discussions, i am not sure why she is not etting what i am saying. I am being clear to the point of rude (and not trying to be hurtful, srsly). I was at the head of the "let's drop it and start over", but then I thought she was not letting go of the sarco.
I get that. And you know how much I get my own personal panties in a bunch when I think someone is poking fun of my dumb in a way to shut me down. You also have seen first hand at how over sensitive I am to that. (I'm sorry DH and Newt.)

Sarco is hard because we *all* do it. And we all think "they know I'm joking." I was all sorts of butthurt about Rico's scaro in the champs game. He kept saying civs weren't trying and darn it I was. I really really was trying. And it was nothing compaired to how I felt about each post I read that FZ made about me.

I've said stuff I ment to be all sarco and light hearted that came across as mean and I know each and every one of us has done it at least more than once. There is no orange or pink text in the world that takes away from how words can be mistranslated across a forum from people.

Maybe give her the benefit of the doubt here and if something more says bad - go from there?

linki - it was the new normal EONS ago. During recruitment when I was visiting Daisy and MP and Daisy and I were on the loosing civ team, I spent half the trip telling them the next game I host I'm putting posting limits on players. Like you have 5 posts a day you can make. Make them fucking count!
yay tag fail!
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

@Equivocate (going to take me awhile to get used to calling you this smh) Why did you vote for Arkham Asylum? Also do you have any current thoughts on the game?
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay Lorab is probably not here but bea appeared to totally ignore the fact that I eyeballed her so that's a point against her.
Equivocate
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Equivocate »

Hello everyone. I've looked over most of what's been posted so far. I'm afraid that I won't have much (that's useful) to contribute in the short term. There aren't any past games for me to reference, no familiarity/prior experience with anyone, etc. Not using this as an excuse in the long term, but at the moment I don't feel I'm capable of offering anything besides bullshit theories/hunches that would be tenuous at best. That being said, my inexperience on this forum does afford me a pretty unique perspective; it may allow me to see things more objectively.
sig wrote:@Equivocate (going to take me awhile to get used to calling you this smh) Why did you vote for Arkham Asylum? Also do you have any current thoughts on the game?
It seemed like the logical place to go, considering. Also, nothing concrete yet. I'm still thinking things over.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DrWilgy »

Hello everyone. My name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor!
I'll answer this quote while talking about a bigger subject. I agree with Mac. I'm unsure if it's just leftover attachment from being on the same team during the GoC, but I've agreed with mostly everything he's stated. On that note I'm thinking that Bea and TH are getting my :eye: for now. I'll explain fully tomorrow after work.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I find the lack of votes for Wayne Manor alarming.
You troll Marmot friend you!
Dom wrote:MP, who do you think, gut instinct, is looking the worst on this Day 0?

Same question to you TH.
Hey Dom, why those 2?

@Zebra :hug:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Equivocate wrote:Hello everyone. I've looked over most of what's been posted so far. I'm afraid that I won't have much (that's useful) to contribute in the short term. There aren't any past games for me to reference, no familiarity/prior experience with anyone, etc. Not using this as an excuse in the long term, but at the moment I don't feel I'm capable of offering anything besides bullshit theories/hunches that would be tenuous at best. That being said, my inexperience on this forum does afford me a pretty unique perspective; it may allow me to see things more objectively.
sig wrote:@Equivocate (going to take me awhile to get used to calling you this smh) Why did you vote for Arkham Asylum? Also do you have any current thoughts on the game?
It seemed like the logical place to go, considering. Also, nothing concrete yet. I'm still thinking things over.

Okay, from this one post Equivoc seems civvie. He has never been mafia/independent before so I don't have any meta for how he would play, but as I said from this post I've got a slight gut civ read.
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MacDougall wrote:Okay Lorab is probably not here but bea appeared to totally ignore the fact that I eyeballed her so that's a point against her.
Nope. I saw it. I noted it.

I was waiting for something to be able to respond to from you.

You eye me because of tone? Um...sorry? IDK how my tone here is different from any other time I play. Today is a day off so I happen to be around a bit more than normal....outside of that, I've got nothing.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DrWilgy wrote:Hello everyone. My name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor!
I'll answer this quote while talking about a bigger subject. I agree with Mac. I'm unsure if it's just leftover attachment from being on the same team during the GoC, but I've agreed with mostly everything he's stated. On that note I'm thinking that Bea and TH are getting my :eye: for now. I'll explain fully tomorrow after work.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I find the lack of votes for Wayne Manor alarming.
You troll Marmot friend you!
Dom wrote:MP, who do you think, gut instinct, is looking the worst on this Day 0?

Same question to you TH.
Hey Dom, why those 2?

@Zebra :hug:
I look forward to it. :)
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

It's still Day 0 and we're on 13 pages???? I'll start catching up... :sigh:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Equivocate wrote:That being said, my inexperience on this forum does afford me a pretty unique perspective; it may allow me to see things more objectively.
I look forward to this. I believe this is one of the best tools a town can have (if you are town). Some of my best town performances have come from nailing members of mafia who I don't know at all (eg by being new to a forum).
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

bea wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Okay Lorab is probably not here but bea appeared to totally ignore the fact that I eyeballed her so that's a point against her.
Nope. I saw it. I noted it.

I was waiting for something to be able to respond to from you.

You eye me because of tone? Um...sorry? IDK how my tone here is different from any other time I play. Today is a day off so I happen to be around a bit more than normal....outside of that, I've got nothing.
So you saw it but didn't comment ergo you ignored it?

Seems more like you didn't want to confront me about it. Hoped it'd just go away.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DFaraday wrote:It's still Day 0 and we're on 13 pages???? I'll start catching up... :sigh:
Please don't fall into the trap of not doing it. Find us 15 minutes of your time and do so DFaraday. I'm going to make it my personal duty to hold people accountable to promises they make this time out.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TheFloyd73 wrote:Agh, it's too early in the morning for me to think straight, but this is what I'm assuming at the moment.

Since there's seven people on Arkham, I feel led to assume that they're the villains who gain some sort of handicap if they start there (with the secret abilities for Joker, Bane and The Riddler, I don't feel this is too far fetched).Along with that, perhaps the four votes on the Police Department accumulates a bonus for the Gotham Police.

The other theory is that, as others have already said, they're scenarios for each location.

I'm going to hold off my vote for a while until I make up my mind.

Anyway, good to be back playing Mafia, I took a break with stuff going on.
In the Star Wars game I pretty much caught Enrique on day 0 because he had this cucked reason for being selective with the position choice on the day zero poll. What you've done here is that. I find it hard to rationalise why you'd be cautious with a day 0 poll unless you knew to be.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Typhoony wrote:
Nerolunar wrote: I still believe we should go to AA though. Im wondering if there is a mechanic that makes the Riddler place clues where he has been. He has been at Arkham, so it wouldn´t surprise me if there was one.
What is this based on?
I like the question Typhoony but I also like Nerolunar's theory here. I think the idea that Riddler would leave evidence behind of his crimes is pretty solid, but I don't think that'd be as simple as us being able to select the asylum and get one...

Return to “Previous Jobs”