Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Enrique »

I feel like Scotty is getting picked on for nothing, like you're just looking for the smallest things to pick apart. He doesn't have anything on either Equi or lovedelic, but so what? At least one of them is present. Give lovedelic a free ride to the end and it'll be Day 10 and we're still not gonna have any idea of his alignment. It's not a contradiction, it's his whole point. You can agree or disagree with it but don't try to frame it as an inconsistency.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 154
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

As another "tid-bit/don't forget!"

As Mafia, it's easy to try and defend a new or inactive player since then you can look not towny and at the same time the person you're "defending" won't be able to wise up and ask "what's the dealio?"

Just something I remembered, tho, not to implicate Juliet, or anyone else is doing that

.....at least not yet
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Lovedelic could always get replaced by someone we wrongly lynch. If we lynch lovedelic instead of playing the game then we are all lovedelics.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Enrique wrote:I feel like Scotty is getting picked on for nothing, like you're just looking for the smallest things to pick apart. He doesn't have anything on either Equi or lovedelic, but so what? At least one of them is present. Give lovedelic a free ride to the end and it'll be Day 10 and we're still not gonna have any idea of his alignment. It's not a contradiction, it's his whole point. You can agree or disagree with it but don't try to frame it as an inconsistency.
Why is this a command?

Also, it is absolutely an ideological inconsistency. "I won't vote there because there's no concrete evidence against them. But those low posters? Man, they're the worst."

Why do you assume Epi/LC would let someone not post for 10 days without replacing them?
Why do you assume lovedelic isn't showing up in the future or has not shown up and not posted?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I'm not assuming anything and I have no intention of voting for lovedelic. But it's not an inconsistency because one of the two is generating content.

I'm confused by your last question. lovedelic never showed up, did he? Again, I'm not assuming anything, but it's not the horrible anti-town logic you're making it out to be.
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

Fyi, I'm in the camp of wanting everyone to share their info. Yeah yeah, "not in your best interests", but otherwise we're going to have a bunch of civs with very limited info, while both mafia's will be able to gather up to three pieces of info a night (i'm counting the recruited cops).

That being said, I don't think any of the arkham voters have shared what we heard, and tbh, I can't make heads or tails of it. Has town decided to hold back info we find?
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Yeah I'd rather just not feed them all the info.

What are we assuming these locations do, though? Is it a riddle, is it concrete player info, is it poll benefits like it was in Star Wars? I've played in games with locations before but... I don't really remember what they did. I'm all for discussing them at a more meta level as opposed to just coming out with shit we don't understand.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

fwiw Dom I phrased that as a command because I think it's silly and a waste of time.
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:Yeah I'd rather just not feed them all the info.

What are we assuming these locations do, though? Is it a riddle, is it concrete player info, is it poll benefits like it was in Star Wars? I've played in games with locations before but... I don't really remember what they did. I'm all for discussing them at a more meta level as opposed to just coming out with shit we don't understand.
Lol. I'm actually thinking quite the opposite. In fact, I was wondering if town would be able to coordinate our voting in night polls, so we have 3 or 4 people who vote different options each night. We could randomize who votes where, so there's no funny business with three on the same team voting somewhere and giving us bogus info.
Image Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

This is similar to my thinking. I'm concerned that Epig warned us about talking about the map and the info I got from the Arkham Asylum choice made absolutely no sense to me. If I understood it, I might share it but I don't understand it so I'm going by Epig's guidance, if that makes sense.

linki Matt
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I want ekeknat to give his take on literally anything. I think he might be a bit overwhelmed by the size of this game, but he proved in oM that he has some good ol' common sense that could be helpful here. That, and he shouldn't be able to just coast by under the radar either.

linki matt: good luck knowing who to trust to do that

linki juliets: lol epig hasnt even told me what my info is yet. i think he's hoping i forgot :p
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

juliets wrote:

This is similar to my thinking. I'm concerned that Epig warned us about talking about the map and the info I got from the Arkham Asylum choice made absolutely no sense to me. If I understood it, I might share it but I don't understand it so I'm going by Epig's guidance, if that makes sense.

linki Matt
Agreed on what we heard making no sense. It also isn't related to sig/Zebra's Hugo Strange business, so I don't know what to make of it.
Image Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Matt wrote:

Lol. I'm actually thinking quite the opposite. In fact, I was wondering if town would be able to coordinate our voting in night polls, so we have 3 or 4 people who vote different options each night. We could randomize who votes where, so there's no funny business with three on the same team voting somewhere and giving us bogus info.
Matt, not saying this is a bad idea but what of Epig's warning?

linki Enrique lol!
linki matt
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

BUT although that plan sounds (if practical) like a good way to balance out knowledge, it also seems like a roundabout way to just do the Mafia a favor. I don't think I would participate or want others to.
ImageImageImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

Hello nubs.
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Yeah, Epig's warning is the only thing holding me back from sharing. I just don't like being in the dark.
Image Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Glorfindel »

sig wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I voted City Hall for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I've no idea at all what the hell I'm doing in this game and being the 'outsider' I always seem to be, it seems appropriate for me to select such a location. At 13 pages, this game has gotten so far away from me now... I just can't... :(
Again Glorfidnel was I believe the only person to go to City Hall yet he doesn't want to share what he found out. This seems scummy to me and I know other people disagree however, my opinion on that won't change. Nothing much else here, I think him using the term outsider is strange, though I'm assuming he means from a lore point of view.
Glorfindel wrote:And I had such high hopes for this game... I'm sorry guys...
What instigated you to make this post Glorfindel? I'm just interested since you had the same sort of defeatist posts in Star Wars a game that you where mafia in. Also meta wise I know you hate to be mafia so this was an eyebrow raiser.
Glorfindel wrote:Well, 20 pages in and I'm not much the wiser. I don't know a lot of the players here (well, not well anyway) but from the time I have spent here, I'd draw one conclusion. I played with Zebra in Star Wars and I saw a really slick performance from a very confident operator who always seemed in control. In Pikmin, I saw Zebra as a very transparent Townie who was picked off early by the twin forces of evil and ignorance. This game, I'm getting Pikmin vibes from her again. She's playing demonstrably differently to how she did in Star Wars and while it's possible that she is simply using her extraordinary ability to pull the wool over my eyes, I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt. I'm simply not getting bad vibes from her at this stage.
a2thezebra wrote:Like, I don't articulate myself very well very often. Fine. But I fucking try. I try to get people to understand and if anyone has a concern no matter how many or how much, I try to address them, even if I feel like it's something I've already addressed and explained as many times in as many different ways as I can conceive of. But when I feel like the same isn't being done for me, it kills my motivation to keep putting in this effort. Because where is it getting me?

I don't understand how someone can spend an hour and a half writing a post addressed to someone to explain their suspicion of them and not only have it not acknowledged but then that person has the nerve to demand that the person that put in that effort start answering their questions as if they haven't already done that, while constantly misrepresenting that person.
I know this is probably a stupid thing to say but you sound really frustrated here Zebra. I understand why and try not to worry - not everyone is oblivious to your efforts. Whilst it'd be a disaster if you were Mafia, I think you're a huge asset to us if you're not and I for one would like to give you the the chance to help us win this :hug:
Some defense of Zebra here not much to go on otherwise. Seems like regular Glorfindel to me.
Glorfindel wrote: Yes. I'm sorry, so very sorry. The last few days haven't been good for me personally but it's amazing what a good night's sleep and som straight-talking can do. And thank you for your support :hug: I said I'd try and I don't want to let you guys down any more than I already have.

There seems to be a number of players (not unlike myself) that don't seem to have made much of an impression yet so I'd like to hear some more from them. The one person I'm looking closely at right now is Matt. Please don't get me wrong - he's a really lovely guy and I do respect him and his opinions a lot. I am concerned though - based on my (admittedly limited) experience of him in previous games, his performance this game appears uncharacteristicly rattled. I can accept that his judgement may be way off again like it was in Pikmin but his behaviour seems noticeably more 'hostile' than I've seen from him before...
I don't think you've let the players down Glor so no need to apologize. :)

I can't say off the top of my head if civ Glor is as likely to minimize how much he knows of a player, but the way he is doing it this game seems like an out in case said player gets lynched and flips civ, this might just be me nitpicking though.
Glorfindel wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Well, 20 pages in and I'm not much the wiser. I don't know a lot of the players here (well, not well anyway) but from the time I have spent here, I'd draw one conclusion. I played with Zebra in Star Wars and I saw a really slick performance from a very confident operator who always seemed in control. In Pikmin, I saw Zebra as a very transparent Townie who was picked off early by the twin forces of evil and ignorance. This game, I'm getting Pikmin vibes from her again. She's playing demonstrably differently to how she did in Star Wars and while it's possible that she is simply using her extraordinary ability to pull the wool over my eyes, I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt. I'm simply not getting bad vibes from her at this stage.
a2thezebra wrote:Like, I don't articulate myself very well very often. Fine. But I fucking try. I try to get people to understand and if anyone has a concern no matter how many or how much, I try to address them, even if I feel like it's something I've already addressed and explained as many times in as many different ways as I can conceive of. But when I feel like the same isn't being done for me, it kills my motivation to keep putting in this effort. Because where is it getting me?

I don't understand how someone can spend an hour and a half writing a post addressed to someone to explain their suspicion of them and not only have it not acknowledged but then that person has the nerve to demand that the person that put in that effort start answering their questions as if they haven't already done that, while constantly misrepresenting that person.
I know this is probably a stupid thing to say but you sound really frustrated here Zebra. I understand why and try not to worry - not everyone is oblivious to your efforts. Whilst it'd be a disaster if you were Mafia, I think you're a huge asset to us if you're not and I for one would like to give you the the chance to help us win this :hug:
So you read the whole thread? Awesome :D

Fresh eyes are a good thing. I see you have strong opinions on this one situation; do you have any thoughts on Enrique vs Golden? Golden played Star Wars. What about Mac & TH? Did it read like a slip to you? All of these things took over the thread for a time. You have commented fairly in depth on one; I would appreciate your thoughts on the others.

While I am still waffled on Zebra, I feel pretty much the opposite to you regarding Matt. Having just hosted him bad, I will say that him jumping out the gate and speaking his mind is very par for the course for civ Matt. He knows he may frustrate people, but he dowesn't just speak his piece, he OWNS his piece. He takes that piece andhe does the cha cha on it. Bad Matt was a bitmore cautious about going full out until endgame. Not seeing that here.

I was also fairly involved in that situation, at least at the beginning. Any opinion on me? My thoughts on Zebra were pretty much really similar to Matts. Since your one towen read, Zebra, and your one bad read, Matt, come from the same situation, I would be interested in hearing your opinion as well.

Taking a break was good, and the second half of Day Zero with my unchangeable vote already made seemed like a good time [/hissy]

I did not and do not find anything odd about THs word choices. I have seen people lambasted for "trying too hard" by saying "we", and also seen them attacked for saying "they", like, "Oh aren't you a civ, that you talk about 'them' in the third person?". And his reaction was more inline with what I would expect from him as a civ. He would have been smoother & shrugged it off more had he been bad, I think.

That said, I trust Macs tone reads, in the games I have played with him, I have seen him to have a good gut. So not particularly suspecting TH, but will keep more of an eye on him than I may have done. I am not one to discuss who I trust, but if I did have oneof those lists, while TH would not be the top name, hewould be very far from the bottom. Mac, too, really.

Now that you have done so, Glorfindel, I need to reread the thread some today to clear out my preconceived notions.
Thank you for replying to my post my friend :). I acknowledge your opinion on Matt and that it appears to be different to mine. You may indeed be in a better position to judge than I but I can only speak from my experience. I agree with you on one point though, he DOES own his piece - even when he's wrong, which I feel at this point he is about Zebra.

As for Mac and TH, I really don't know. From the little I've seen of TH I think he's too experienced and capable to have made that kind of silly mistake. From my experience in these games on other sites (and I speak from first hand experience) I know precisely what it's like to be so convinced that someone is Mafia based on a 'slip' like that only on the vast majority of occasions to be proven wrong. Like the King of Siam in the King and I, I find myself second guessing myself a lot more these days. I may have missed the Golden/Enrique confrontation of which you speak and will go back and have a look. I'll admit I kinda like Golden (from my experience of them in Star Wars and so far here) but again, I need to review this matter. Please don't think I'm clearing people here with some kind of gay abandon - because I'm not. I'm not familiar with the playstyles of most of you and am not stupid enough to do that. My approach in these games is usually cautious as it is right now. I trust you can appreciate that.
He is usually cautious, but he seems more so this game then usually, not sure if it is an alignment indicator or not. Two things though
@Glorfindel WHat do you mean by TH is too experienced? Do you think it was a fake slip or something else?
Also have you reviewed the Golden vs Enrique argument if so what are your thoughts on it.
More than happy to answer your queer ions ny friend. The first remark that I made related to my view that this theme is iconic, we have a lot of (what I'd imagine) are this site's best players in mix and I'd hoped (at the time I made that post) that I would've been able to make more of a contribution to the game than I had been able to or anticipated that I would be able to at that point. If you want to know why I made that post, it was because of issues I was experiencing in my personal life with 'significant other's', Like Matt, I truly despise using real life as an excuse for my performance in Mafia games but you asked...

As for TH, I don't know what you're getting at? Five and a half thousand posts on this site - I'd call that experienced :shrug: My point being that he'd been around enough not to make such an elementary 'slip'. Yes, it may have been deliberate but I don't have much experience of him or his playstyle so it would be disingenuous of me to speculate as to his motivations.

Golden vs Enrique? That was the 'argument over which group/s we should be focusing on as a priority to eliminate? I may have switched off during that debate but I see no reason for alarm over a difference of opinion over game strategy of that nature - it seems somewhat pointless at this point in the game to me. I mean I have no knowledge of the alignment of other players in this game. Do you?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Has anyone even bothered to ask

@Hosts: Are most location PMs significant to the game?
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Typhoony wrote:Hello nubs.
Hello nubphoony have you got something you would like to share? Like your take on whats going on?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

juliets wrote:
Hello nubphoony have you got something you would like to share? Like your take on whats going on?
What would you like my take on?
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

*questions - Bloody auto-correct :fist:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Typhoony do you think it's sketchy that some people really want to talk about their info? What would it take to make you do that?
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:Has anyone even bothered to ask

@Hosts: Are most location PMs significant to the game?
You tell me. :shifty:

Oh wait. :|
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything at least :p
ImageImageImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Enrique wrote:Typhoony do you think it's sketchy that some people really want to talk about their info? What would it take to make you do that?
I don't know if I would call it sketchy. As I said earlier somewhere, my main concern is that we have no idea what this thingy is about, who it benefits and who it does not benefit.
If I would be pushing for people to release info, I would know who the information benefitted. I don't think everybody pushing to share the info has an idea who it might benefit, but surely someone out there knows at the very least what we are talking about.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Typhoony wrote:
juliets wrote:
What would you like my take on?
I'd like to know where you're thinking to put your vote today and why?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

juliets wrote: I'd like to know where you're thinking to put your vote today and why?
Not sure, but I know I'm not staying at the Docks.
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Typhoony wrote:
Enrique wrote:Typhoony do you think it's sketchy that some people really want to talk about their info? What would it take to make you do that?
I don't know if I would call it sketchy. As I said earlier somewhere, my main concern is that we have no idea what this thingy is about, who it benefits and who it does not benefit.
If I would be pushing for people to release info, I would know who the information benefitted. I don't think everybody pushing to share the info has an idea who it might benefit, but surely someone out there knows at the very least what we are talking about.
I'd also like to add that I find the wording of the rule peculiar.
14. Talking about the map is allowed, but not in your best interest.
It seems directed at every single player, which would mean that none of the players actually benefit from it... And solving whatever is going may have net negative results for everyone.
Maybe Epig is expecting our curiosity to get the best of us and talk about it anyway, only to say after everybody has shared everything "Told you right there in the rules".
Regardless, I'm very much against talking about it at this stage.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Post by sig »

@Glorfindel, okay thanks what do you think of me right know? Also who do you plan to vote for?

Is Floyd usually this silent as a civ or is he more silent as mafia? I can only recall playing two games with him THM and Tree, he posted a bit more in Tree then in THM?

I'm not feeling the Scotty lynch today. I see the case on Matt, but I don't really see a case against him. I've still got a bad gut feeling of Glorfindel, but not much else for the time.

@Typhoony who are you thinking of voting for?
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

So Golden's war with Enrique petered out into nothing. Cool.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Dunno.
I was not pinged by any of the major convo's going on.
I thought Nerolunar pushing Arkham Asylum with the Riddler thingy might have had a nefarious purpose, but it seems there aren't any negatives from going there as we now know.
SVS seemed to be trying something with Glorfindel, hence why I asked if she was suspicious of him.
I don't think she is an appeaser at all, but I do think I haven't seen her civ self this game yet. Too early to say if I've seen her baddie self though.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Okay thanks, for the amount of conversations you'd think we would have something bigger.

What does everyone thing about DH speculations that the mafia are more likely to be silent and avoid conflicts since there are only two of them?
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote:Okay thanks, for the amount of conversations you'd think we would have something bigger.

What does everyone thing about DH speculations that the mafia are more likely to be silent and avoid conflicts since there are only two of them?
Well technically there are 4, but I think that's what you meant.

I think it would make sense for at least 1 on each team to be content to hide out in their hovel hole and not stir up trouble, but I wouldn't rely on that assumption for everyone. I mean, hell, someone like Golden has a bell glued to his head whether he's mafia or not.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

I'd rather focus in individual cases.
Ie if you can point me to a player who's been unusually quiet and avoiding conflicts, I'm willing to listen.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote:So Golden's war with Enrique petered out into nothing. Cool.
What's your point?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

EBWOP: that isn't to say I currently suspect Golden, but he's usually such a high poster regardless of his alignment.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Typhoony wrote:
juliets wrote: I'd like to know where you're thinking to put your vote today and why?
What's at the docks? (It's ok, explain in code that only I will understand)

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote:Okay thanks, for the amount of conversations you'd think we would have something bigger.

It depends. If golden, Zebra or myself roll mafia the number of players in a team ain't going to stop us posting a ton. It's just how we do.

As for your other point. If you ask many of us there are some good leads. You are dismissing them all for reasons like 'feeling it' which is a cop out.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Scotty wrote:
Typhoony wrote:
What's at the docks? (It's ok, explain in code that only I will understand)
Zebra was so kind to point out what's at the Docks here.

Also, it smells like fish aka your mom :kadaj:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote:

I think it would make sense for at least 1 on each team to be content to hide out in their hovel hole and not stir up trouble, but I wouldn't rely on that assumption for everyone. I mean, hell, someone like Golden has a bell glued to his head whether he's mafia or not.
I was thinking per team, but yes in total there are four. That is true I was considering that as an option, but I don't think the theory has that much weight.

Do you think DH mentioned this genuinely or in an attempt to get us to focus on low posters? I recall he said he thought Enrique was the first to bring it up.
Having said this DH hasn't mentioned it again so I doubt this is a mafia trap, but I still figured it was worth mentioning.

linki: I don't mean to be insulting or imply your leads might not be good, I am simply not seeing them as anything lynch worthy yet, for example your case on TH was interesting, but I liked his responses and wouldn't lynch him today. This is the same with most of the conflicts that I've seen.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

That depends on whether or not 'getting a read on enrique' = 'nothing'.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
What read is that?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

This is the post I'm talking about.
DharmaHelper wrote:Enrique brought up a good point. The mafia right now are two groups of two, so like, does anyone think they'd have the balls to actively participate in early talks? I don't. This bodes well for the current crop of dicussions, and reinforces my thought that nothing suspicious has really happened yet.
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Enrique wrote:No I said that being two will make them glad we're openly discussing our results. They don't know shit otherwise. We're feeding them the info, and for what? Does anyone actually know what they're doing?
You pointed out that they are comprised of two people each, The whole "they're not participating in early talks" bit was my conclusion based on that. Hope that makes sense.
^
ImageImageImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Juliets who do you think you'll be voting today?
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

All caught up. Woot!!

That said, I have no idea about suspicions. I've read through everything but some of it was skimming. And my brain is a bit too fried to really think through most of it. Also, a lot of the back and forth seems like it's potentially civ on civ. And there are people behaving oddly, but nothing that strikes me initially as being outrageously baddie-seeming. And, as I said, my brain is not fully thinking everything through.

I also don't want to miss the boat. So, while I do see that voting low-poster/low participator is not the greatest strategy, I'm voting in that direction regardless. Because my vote has to go somewhere. And of the low posters, I'm looking at them in terms of posts (and not voting a newbie because I think it's bad form).

I'm voting Bubbles, because when I looked at the post count I said, "Wait...bubbles is playing?" I didn't realize or remember that. And that doesn't bode well.

Also, her only on topic post:
Bubbles wrote:hi all! *waves* i'm picking wayne's manor because i'm a goodie and it sounds like a civ option :nicenod:
Seems contrived at best and trying too hard to sound civ.

*votes bubbles*

Now that I've read up, I hope to keep up. My weekend consists of sitting by the pool and enjoying the benefits of the minerals of the lowest point on earth. So, there should be plenty of chance to mafia (in addition to catching up on some work).
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

LoRab wrote:I'm voting Bubbles, because when I looked at the post count I said, "Wait...bubbles is playing?" I didn't realize or remember that. And that doesn't bode well.
Ever since I've been back, I've played a few games with Bubbles, and she barely ever plays. So I don't get what you're saying here.
LoRab wrote:Also, her only on topic post:
Bubbles wrote:hi all! *waves* i'm picking wayne's manor because i'm a goodie and it sounds like a civ option :nicenod:

*votes bubbles*
If I recall, Golden once said in a game that it is trademark for Bubbles to announce herself as civ, kind of like your twirl thing.

This whole post and vote is...I don't even know.
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

LoRab wrote:Also, her only on topic post:
In her defense she says things like that every time she plays.

If I were to vote for a low poster it'd be Wilgy. 8 posts and only a snippet of content in each. It feels like he's feigning interest.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
What read is that?
town-leaning
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

sig wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I was thinking per team, but yes in total there are four. That is true I was considering that as an option, but I don't think the theory has that much weight.

Do you think DH mentioned this genuinely or in an attempt to get us to focus on low posters? I recall he said he thought Enrique was the first to bring it up.
Having said this DH hasn't mentioned it again so I doubt this is a mafia trap, but I still figured it was worth mentioning.

linki: I don't mean to be insulting or imply your leads might not be good, I am simply not seeing them as anything lynch worthy yet, for example your case on TH was interesting, but I liked his responses and wouldn't lynch him today. This is the same with most of the conflicts that I've seen.
To be clear, I said that Enrique first said that each mafia had two members. A point upon which I extrapolated. Enrique never said that the mafia would be timid due to their small number.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”