Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Matt »

Golden wrote:
Matt wrote:You know what else Zebra did in Star Wars as mafia? She was fanatical about my lynching all day one and then voted elsewhere. Put your vote where your mouth is, Zeebs.
Honestly, Matt, the more you insist Zebra looks like her Star Wars self, the less I can put any stock in your case. I couldn't see any example of a game in which she acted more differently.
We have different opinions on this then. And really Golden, when did you ever put any stock into my case on Zebra anyway?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Golden wrote:
Matt wrote:You know what else Zebra did in Star Wars as mafia? She was fanatical about my lynching all day one and then voted elsewhere. Put your vote where your mouth is, Zeebs.
Honestly, Matt, the more you insist Zebra looks like her Star Wars self, the less I can put any stock in your case. I couldn't see any example of a game in which she acted more differently.
Also, do you have any opinion of Zebra calling me fake all game and yet now says I'm more genuine then sig? Where did that come from?

Did you notice Zebra posted 3 times or so in the last hour, and never linked me to her post that I supposedly ignored? I'm still wondering if she finds me more suss then any of the arkham voters that completely avoided our argument, but again, that answer doesn't seem to be coming any time soon.
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Voted scotty.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matt wrote:
Golden wrote:
Also, do you have any opinion of Zebra calling me fake all game and yet now says I'm more genuine then sig? Where did that come from?

Did you notice Zebra posted 3 times or so in the last hour, and never linked me to her post that I supposedly ignored? I'm still wondering if she finds me more suss then any of the arkham voters that completely avoided our argument, but again, that answer doesn't seem to be coming any time soon.
:ponder:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I went and read through Floyd in that Talking Heads game and saw the same type of posting I feel like I'm seeing here. Also, I went back through Bass's posts after that drive by vote and was reminded about those tone reads Mac had on Bass earlier in the game. I think either of these two could be bad or maybe both. Floyd is the one with some votes right now and I'm also concerned that zebra who has been a very active player that I read as civ might get lynched this phase so I am likely to vote Floyd to try and avoid that. I believe i already spoke as to why I wouldn't vote SVS at this time. I'm going to hold my vote though because people keep coming up with good points and something may persuade me to change my vote. It sure is different playing a game where you can't change your vote!

linki
linki again
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

@SVS - I named my suspects, in order of most to least, not so long ago, and you were not top. Since then, I have referred to others as making posts in your favour that are persuasive.

It's not that I'm ruling out voting you, as such... but I haven't said anything that ought to have indicated I had you and only you on my mind.

linki @matt - no, because you were ALWAYS basing it on Star Wars, and I made this point on your case very early, but your case on zebra has seemed to continue to entirely consist of 'this is Star Wars zebra', when it just isn't.

Star Wars zebra did massive isos on every player to appear supatown on day one.
Star Wars zebra buddied the heck out of nearly everyone and tried to make as few waves as possible
Star Wars zebra seemed unflappable and never got particularly frustrated at being misunderstood.

But remember Dune zebra?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote:I went and read through Floyd in that Talking Heads game and saw the same type of posting I feel like I'm seeing here. Also, I went back through Bass's posts after that drive by vote and was reminded about those tone reads Mac had on Bass earlier in the game. I think either of these two could be bad or maybe both. Floyd is the one with some votes right now and I'm also concerned that zebra who has been a very active player that I read as civ might get lynched this phase so I am likely to vote Floyd to try and avoid that. I believe i already spoke as to why I wouldn't vote SVS at this time. I'm going to hold my vote though because people keep coming up with good points and something may persuade me to change my vote. It sure is different playing a game where you can't change your vote!

linki
linki again
I pointed out to you that Floyd was lynched for not posting as a civvie in Dune and World Reborn, but you never acknowledged my post :ponder:
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 389

Post by a2thezebra »

sig wrote:Doing this on mobile sucks. Zebra as I told enrquie it makes no sense that as scum I'd do that. This is a really weak reason to vote for me imo. Also why do you think matt is genuine but not me
It makes no sense as town that you would do that. It makes perfect sense as a baddie.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
ekeknat
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ekeknat »

Scotty wrote:

ekeknat- "anyone could be bad"? Yes. You are technically correct. But come on man. All this time, and nothing to add...on anything?

what else am i supposed to do when people's arguments are based on meta i don't know about and game arguments that haven't even begun to come into play yet?

i realize i'm kind of useless in the game atm but i'd like to avoid adding to the confusion til my wits are about me
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dom wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I still don't understand the case against Scotty. He was hypocritical with one of the points he made? Is that really it or am I missing something?
It's not a point he made. It's that he predicates his entire day 1 plan on this idea that there's no concrete info on anyone, so vote a low poster-- yet he advocates to lynch a person who hasn't logged in in almost two weeks.
But how does that make him a baddie? I don't understand what's suspicious about it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ekeknat wrote:
Scotty wrote:

ekeknat- "anyone could be bad"? Yes. You are technically correct. But come on man. All this time, and nothing to add...on anything?

what else am i supposed to do when people's arguments are based on meta i don't know about and game arguments that haven't even begun to come into play yet?

i realize i'm kind of useless in the game atm but i'd like to avoid adding to the confusion til my wits are about me
I think this is a good policy. Avoid meta arguments. But being outside of knowing our meta, this also gives you the possibility of seeing things we miss.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

As neat as it is to see everyone advocating participation for once lets try to avoid sheepvoting and keep in mind that it's pretty easy to just dump a vote onto someone and avoid accountability.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote:
juliets wrote:I went and read through Floyd in that Talking Heads game and saw the same type of posting I feel like I'm seeing here. Also, I went back through Bass's posts after that drive by vote and was reminded about those tone reads Mac had on Bass earlier in the game. I think either of these two could be bad or maybe both. Floyd is the one with some votes right now and I'm also concerned that zebra who has been a very active player that I read as civ might get lynched this phase so I am likely to vote Floyd to try and avoid that. I believe i already spoke as to why I wouldn't vote SVS at this time. I'm going to hold my vote though because people keep coming up with good points and something may persuade me to change my vote. It sure is different playing a game where you can't change your vote!

linki
linki again
I pointed out to you that Floyd was lynched for not posting as a civvie in Dune and World Reborn, but you never acknowledged my post :ponder:
Oh sorry TH, I don't remember seeing that post. I remember AWR but didn't play Dune. I'll take a look at Dune.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Golden wrote:@SVS - I named my suspects, in order of most to least, not so long ago, and you were not top. Since then, I have referred to others as making posts in your favour that are persuasive.

It's not that I'm ruling out voting you, as such... but I haven't said anything that ought to have indicated I had you and only you on my mind.

linki @matt - no, because you were ALWAYS basing it on Star Wars, and I made this point on your case very early, but your case on zebra has seemed to continue to entirely consist of 'this is Star Wars zebra', when it just isn't.

Star Wars zebra did massive isos on every player to appear supatown on day one.
Star Wars zebra buddied the heck out of nearly everyone and tried to make as few waves as possible
Star Wars zebra seemed unflappable and never got particularly frustrated at being misunderstood.

But remember Dune zebra?
Star Wars Zebra also wanted my head on day one of that game, but eventually voted elsewhere. Like she seems to be doing now.

Star Wars Zebra also "refused" to answer my questions because I was "ignoring" her.

Anyway, my case has not always been about SW, that is not true. I've been primarily suss of her because she had the gall to call out the arkham voters when she just randomly picked an option cuz hey "it's just day zero". Also her quite apparent NOU of me when I started sussing her on it.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

I am also voting Scotty
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote:I am also voting Scotty
Interesting development.

ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Matt and sig are my biggest suspects so far by a long shot, and I think there's more of a chance that Matt's absurd tunneling of me is genuine (although he did agree with sig by advocating map discussion....which I find shady as hell) than the chance that sig's contrived suspicions of anyone who listens to the host is genuine. So I'm probably going to vote sig. However, I'm up for discussion before I place my vote.
:faint:

You have been calling me fake all game, even bolded disingenuous in that post I quoted for Turnip.

You know what else Zebra did in Star Wars as mafia? She was fanatical about my lynching all day one and then voted elsewhere. Put your vote where your mouth is, Zeebs.
a2thezebra wrote:Matt, I'm going to say this one time. Until you not only acknowledge the existence of but also respond to my analysis of our initial back-and-forth that took me an hour and a half to compose, until you stop misrepresenting me every time you respond to what I say, until you stop asking questions with options that are inaccurate and appear as if they're desperately trying to justify your disingenuous, desperate suspicion of me, and until you realize that maybe, just maybe, you're on the losing side of the argument not because I've brainwashed the players but because you're not doing a very good job of making logical arguments and putting in an effort to see my side of what's been happening, I'm not going to give you the time of day.

Now that doesn't mean I'm going to ignore you for the rest of the game, I'm not low like that, but it does mean that I'm not going to continue to waste my time, effort, and energy with you when you refuse to do the same for me and refuse to convince me that you're more than a brick wall right now. That's all.
a2thezebra wrote:Oh and Matt, until you meet all of these conditions I'm just going to respond to anything you have to say both to me and about me with a quotation of that post I just published.
And no, I'm not linking the post for you. It wouldn't even take two minutes to find it in my ISO. Do your homework, please. Also, stop acting like you're the only one in the game who's capable of feeling insulted and/or annoyed. I need to see that you respect me by actually working with me and not ignoring the content that I put an hour and a half of work in just for you to read and respond to. You can say that my overuse of some damn words is annoying to you, but I'd much rather you repeatedly call me things that I know are not true then to completely disregard the effort that I've put in for you specifically. Perhaps it's childish, but I don't care.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:As neat as it is to see everyone advocating participation for once lets try to avoid sheepvoting and keep in mind that it's pretty easy to just dump a vote onto someone and avoid accountability.
We should compile a list of people who vote for people having not mentioned them at all beforehand and sequentially landslide vote them out of this game imo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Interesting development.
Is this sarcasm?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Interesting development.
Is this sarcasm?
Should it be?

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Interesting development.
Is this sarcasm?
Should it be?
Your most recent post was encouraging people not to dump votes on someone. It sounds like you are accusing me of that... Is that how I am to construe your statement? Or are you making an observation that it's interesting that now Scotty is equal leading lynch wagon?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

MacDougall wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:As neat as it is to see everyone advocating participation for once lets try to avoid sheepvoting and keep in mind that it's pretty easy to just dump a vote onto someone and avoid accountability.
We should compile a list of people who vote for people having not mentioned them at all beforehand and sequentially landslide vote them out of this game imo.
Add me to the list!

Cause I'm voting Wilgy. Most comfortable voting him out of anyone with votes atm.
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

The thing is I am just done repeating myself and typing the same thing over and over because you don't care enough about my suspicion of you to find the information yourself. Life is too short for that. I think it's rude of you to demand that I respond to everything you address to me when you haven't given me a damn thing the other way. You keep bringing up Star Wars too, which is ironic because I was genuinely frustrated that you were doing that to me in your first incarnation there as well. It didn't matter that I was bad, I genuinely suspected you because you wouldn't fucking acknowledge anything I said yet you had this enormous sense of entitlement that I should cater to your every concern. Maybe I'd be less likely to tunnel you if you didn't do that. If you're wondering why I think you're more likely to be genuine than sig is, it's because I've seen you do this as rogue (Star Wars, again, ironic, because you keep bringing it up to describe me when it's not even remotely a valid comparison) before and I think you can do it to an extent as town as well. I don't want to take that risk when I just see no possible way that sig was genuine with his advocating map discussions. With you I can see that because you weren't as demanding about it as he was, and you haven't expressed suspicion of anyone simply for not agreeing with you (with that at least anyway).
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Let's lynch Wilgy who history tells us posts less as a baddie and is putting in the bare minimum of effort right now.

Linki: Well done Typh :beer:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Interesting development.
Is this sarcasm?
Should it be?
Your most recent post was encouraging people not to dump votes on someone. It sounds like you are accusing me of that... Is that how I am to construe your statement? Or are you making an observation that it's interesting that now Scotty is equal leading lynch wagon?
Wasn't accusatory. I'm just going to be interested in seeing how the emergence of a handful of clear candidates is going to affect the votes that start to come in.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

If this is gonna take off at all, it's gotta start now. Poll's still small and tight enough. sig
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Enrique wrote:If this is gonna take off at all, it's gotta start now. Poll's still small and tight enough. sig
You like 'em small and tight?

ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Wilgy is indeed significantly more quiet as a baddie, but I'm way more confident about a sig lynch because I just don't see any other possibility. I'm going to go ahead and vote there.

*votes sig*
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Enrique wrote:If this is gonna take off at all, it's gotta start now. Poll's still small and tight enough. sig
tee hee
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

All he'll is breaking loose. I random voted the people with votes and got wilgy. Back to pizza hell! :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Zebra, I ask you to link me because you have, by far, more posts then anyone else this game, and you still refuse? While accusing me of ignoring you at the same time?

K. Zebra.

I would've rather waited and held my vote, but you are talking nonsense now.
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:Star Wars Zebra also "refused" to answer my questions because I was "ignoring" her.
Tell me, where do you get the nerve putting the word "ignoring" in quotation marks? There's no debate here, you have been ignoring me and are continuing to do so. If you honestly think otherwise I seriously can't help you, that's just insane.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS ALL KICKING OFF NOW BOYS

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Interesting development.
Is this sarcasm?
Should it be?
Are you nervous?
Turnip Head wrote:Let's lynch Wilgy who history tells us posts less as a baddie and is putting in the bare minimum of effort right now.

154 Posts in Star Wars.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Do you like em wide and loose? :huh:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:Zebra, I ask you to link me because you have, by far, more posts then anyone else this game, and you still refuse? While accusing me of ignoring you at the same time?

K. Zebra.

I would've rather waited and held my vote, but you are talking nonsense now.
You're damn right I refuse. Do you think your vote is going to make me regret it? Get over yourself.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

bea wrote:All he'll is breaking loose. I random voted the people with votes and got wilgy. Back to pizza hell! :(
DH, I believe you have your first catch of the day.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote:Let's lynch Wilgy who history tells us posts less as a baddie and is putting in the bare minimum of effort right now.

So I reviewed Floyd in Dune and he sounded similarly to his posts in TH so I guess his non-posting isn't alignment indicative. Now what about Wilgy? What game was he good in? I'd like to see the contract. He was bad in GOC so I'm going to look at his first day there to compare. Also, I might just go back where I started with my suss today and that is Sxotty. Enrique made me feel stupid for leaning toward a vote for him (no offense meant Enrique) but I see other people with the guts to do it. So I'll take a look at those two. Be helpful to have that civ game for Wilgy.

jesus, I cant get this posted

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DharmaHelper wrote:HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS ALL KICKING OFF NOW BOYS
We currently have a 4 way tie. :ninja:
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote:

154 Posts in Star Wars.
I don't see your point, he lasted until endgame there.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I spend an hour and a half on a single post trying to communicate with Matt and he can't spend two minutes to even bother finding that enormous post. And he still thinks I'm the one who should rightfully be antagonized.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Maybe you're town Matt but you're sure as hell not pro-town.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Matt wrote:Star Wars Zebra also wanted my head on day one of that game, but eventually voted elsewhere. Like she seems to be doing now.

Star Wars Zebra also "refused" to answer my questions because I was "ignoring" her.
How is zebra's relationship to you, individually, indicative of her baddie meta? Do you think zebra would treat you differently depending on her affiliation? Do you think in a game with two baddie teams she wasn't trying to genuinely baddie hunt?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

a2thezebra wrote:I spend an hour and a half on a single post trying to communicate with Matt and he can't spend two minutes to even bother finding that enormous post. And he still thinks I'm the one who should rightfully be antagonized.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Zebra, just link the damn post and I'll respond to it. Wow.
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

How about a five-way tie? Don't tell me there's just two people that think sig is the ideal lynch for today.

linki @ Golden - THANK YOU. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say "oh you were bad in that game, so that wasn't genuine" like no amigo, it was genuine. Genuine as shit. I'd much rather be called disingenuous in the game I'm currently playing then for you to tell me whether or not I was genuine in a game that's been over and done for a while now. Like what motive do I have to lie about being genuine in a game that's OVER?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I spend an hour and a half on a single post trying to communicate with Matt and he can't spend two minutes to even bother finding that enormous post. And he still thinks I'm the one who should rightfully be antagonized.

No. You have a sense of entitlement that is hurting town and I am not accommodating it. Feel free to stay like this for the rest of the game but don't expect anything from me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm voting Matt.

The Arkham Asylum thing that zebra said has been explained to death. I can understand people misunderstanding it at the start, but not now. The worst thing is that I think Matt is deliberately choosing not to take into account any thoughts to the contrary.

I told Matt he was tunnelling (which, you know, he might have taken as a good thing given it is normally seen as civ meta). But Matt denied it. Still deny it, Matt? You are tunnely as all heck.

Put that with Mac talking about his GoC performance in which they put specific emphasis on Matt complying with his town meta when bad.

I think Matt is the best choice for my vote.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Wilgy posted a good bit at the beginning of GOC, trying to get Fuzz lynched even. He was bad there but his behavior here doesn't seem as active as it was there. I'll take a look at the beginning of Star Wars. Was he good there or bad?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:How about a five-way tie? Don't tell me there's just two people that think sig is the ideal lynch for today.
I think you have sig wrong.

But in any event, I wouldn't complain nearly as much about a five way tie as I did in that other game where JJ and FZ were my two top town reads.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:

I mean just the idea that even after reading this post you still think you're entitled for me to go through my ISO and dig it up for you when you could do it effortlessly yourself in no time at all, it just boggles my mind.

Return to “Previous Jobs”