Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Enrique »

If no one went to the Docks tonight, is that where you'd go tomorrow?

btw I'm still liking my/Matt's buddy system for this poll :grin: Nero's vote (moreso than MP's) means it's not gonna be doable at every location, but if we skip out on the Docks tonight, we can still get 3 players almost everywhere and 4 on a few others. I like it a lot tbh.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

Or we could have 3/4 everywhere and 2 at the Docks. That works too actually.
ImageImageImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

I was at the Docks D1
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Enrique wrote:If no one went to the Docks tonight, is that where you'd go tomorrow?

btw I'm still liking my/Matt's buddy system for this poll :grin: Nero's vote (moreso than MP's) means it's not gonna be doable at every location, but if we skip out on the Docks tonight, we can still get 3 players almost everywhere and 4 on a few others. I like it a lot tbh.
I suppose it depends on how I feel when I decide to cast my vote. :beer:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

Scotty wrote:Question to my voters yesterday (Dom, Mac, juliets, and DFaraday):
How likely are you to vote for me again tomorrow at this point in time?
Hypothetically if you don't vote for me, who would your vote go to right now?
1. Moderately unlikely. I don't agree with your stance, and it still feels unhelpful to the town, but I was in a hurry and slightly pinged by it. If any stronger suspicions arise I'll be voting for them instead.
2. Maybe Nerolunar, since his recent posts sounded like he was trying to encourage suspicion on SVS for missing the vote.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:@Hosts: When does the Penguin learn the roles of the people he voted for?
Following the Day vote.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Thanks for responding DFaraday

True to my word, sabie showed up so now anyone's game.

I intend to look more closely at MP and put to words why exactly he pinged me.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

I do plan on it at the moment. However, there's lots of time.
I guess MP.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

Nerolunar wrote:Are you guys sure about that? She might have broken her meta and is trying a new strategy. Just because it´s traditional to do something doesn´t make it true.

Rubs me the wrong way that you don´t consider that option.
Yeah, Magnus - I think you need to explain this... I think for someone to be online at the very EoD with a tie in play and not vote and then subsequently claim they'd have voted for a player who was not one of those tied is suspicious - especially as it seems there was no rule or precedent to determine the consequence of a tied vote. I'd have presumed that someone with as much experience as SVS apparently has would have used their vote to break the tie one way or the other. Yes, certainly subsequent votes could have restored the tie, but one can only work with what one has to work with at the time.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Glorfindel wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Are you guys sure about that? She might have broken her meta and is trying a new strategy. Just because it´s traditional to do something doesn´t make it true.

Yeah, Magnus - I think you need to explain this... I think for someone to be online at the very EoD with a tie in play and not vote and then subsequently claim they'd have voted for a player who was not one of those tied is suspicious - especially as it seems there was no rule or precedent to determine the consequence of a tied vote. I'd have presumed that someone with as much experience as SVS apparently has would have used their vote to break the tie one way or the other. Yes, certainly subsequent votes could have restored the tie, but one can only work with what one has to work with at the time.
What do you think of someone who is not SVS voting last with the tie in place but not voting for one of the tied players? Would you consider that suspicious? Because it happened but I dont see you pointing that out.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

Nah. SVS has a certain code you can rely upon. Never missing the vote on purpose is one of those things.

She doesn't need to break her meta on her code, because she is such a good player and virtually impossible to read with it. I couldn't tell you any aspect of her meta that I have noticed as being alignment indicative.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Svs would not miss a vote on purpose, no matter what. Anyone that knows her and seriously thinks she would gets an :eye:
Well Nero probably doesn't know her as well. As an unaffiliated observer, I would think the same thing. I don't think this is necessarily suspicious to hypothesize.
I agree. But we should also let Nero know that it isn't suspicious for people not to even consider it either. SVS is like a Swiss clock on some things.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Glorfindel wrote:with as much experience as SVS
All of SVS mafia experience has not led her to be a conformist. I don't find it surprising that she would vote for who she most suspected.

I do understand the suspicion of the missed vote in a general sense... but the question I'd ask everyone who suspects SVS for it is this...

What, from a baddie mindset perspective, would be the difference between SVS voting glorfindel, and SVS missing the vote and then claiming she would have voted glorfindel? I mean, I might understand it if she was claiming she was going to vote for someone she hadn't really expected, or claiming she'd vote for someone where it might have made a difference...

But I can't honestly see what kind of baddie-mindset tactical advantage SVS would get from not voting, and then claiming her vote would have been entirely inconsequential. Would any eyebrows have been raised if she just voted glorfindel?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also, voted Fish Mooneys, for no patricular reason.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:At the end of the Day I think it's fair to say I tried to influence. I felt Wilgy was a much better choice than Floyd, Scotty or Zebra. That doesn't somehow invalidate or contradict everything I was doing before that.
I'm unsure that your explanation directly relates to what I was saying was suspicious. I felt that your explanations for your play, when questioned by Dom and I, were found to be lacking. While at the time you were carrying them off as though they were something that you felt strongly enough about to making movements towards casting doubt against the players subjected to your play.

Your explanation that your day 1 play is generally feeling out and developing reads, is not an explanation for why your case came across weak to both myself and to Dom when placed under a microscope.

If you prefer to dip your toes in, why proceed to influence the thread with your reads?
....Why am I suddenly being mentioned as if I'm standing by your side? I'm not.
This is a weird post. Is what I said incorrect? I didn't say you were standing by my side. I made the observation that we had the same reads. That is true. Am I seeing that aggressive mean scum Dom again? Because I see no reason for this antagonism.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:with as much experience as SVS
All of SVS mafia experience has not led her to be a conformist. I don't find it surprising that she would vote for who she most suspected.

I do understand the suspicion of the missed vote in a general sense... but the question I'd ask everyone who suspects SVS for it is this...

What, from a baddie mindset perspective, would be the difference between SVS voting glorfindel, and SVS missing the vote and then claiming she would have voted glorfindel? I mean, I might understand it if she was claiming she was going to vote for someone she hadn't really expected, or claiming she'd vote for someone where it might have made a difference...

But I can't honestly see what kind of baddie-mindset tactical advantage SVS would get from not voting, and then claiming her vote would have been entirely inconsequential. Would any eyebrows have been raised if she just voted glorfindel?[/quote]
Which is my point about the last person who voted and voted someone not in the mainstream even though there was a tie sitting on the board. Doesn't look like he is under suspicion.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote:Caught up. Interesting there was no lynch. I doubt it was Robin--more likely a character trait, I'd think.
MacDougall wrote: I remain wary of Matt, Bea, Lorab and Bass. DharmaHelper has also started to worry me.
Thank you for properly using wary, first off. And I'd expect nothing less. A game without you suspecting me would be a game without one of us playing--and, let's be honest, you'd likely suspect me in a game that I wasn't playing, lol.

I'm voting Enterprises. Because gadgets are cool, yo.
Yeah and the most recent game I suspected you in you were bad so let's just overlook that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Who was it juliet?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sorry, i somehow screwed up that post -

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

juliets wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

What do you think of someone who is not SVS voting last with the tie in place but not voting for one of the tied players? Would you consider that suspicious? Because it happened but I dont see you pointing that out.
Frankly, if it was someone that would be considered experienced then yes, I would. The thing is, I feel that any analysis of that is hampered simply by the way the site is set up. I should think a list of the voting sequence over the last hour/half hour or so before the EoD may be an interesting read...

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

linki, it was sig

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Glorfindel wrote:
juliets wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

Frankly, if it was someone that would be considered experienced then yes, I would. The thing is, I feel that any analysis of that is hampered simply by the way the site is set up. I should think a list of the voting sequence over the last hour/half hour or so before the EoD may be an interesting read...
It can be easily compiled from the polls thread in non-changeable vote games.

I see the answer to my question to juliet is sig.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Nerolunar »

Hey guys.

Im not necessarily suspicious of people who take SVS at face value, just kind of baffled if you could say so. I believe it´s definitely possible for someone/anyone to intentionally refrain from voting, even SVS. I don´t know her playstyle, and regardless of what you tell me I would much rather try to form viewpoints without any influence from meta.

From the eye of an outsider its just weird how you all seem to agree that this is SVS´s playstyle. Im not reeeeaaallly suspecting her, I just realized how much meta means to you guys and how much it influences your view on someone.

If I ever develop meta here, I would definitely exploit it once in a while.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Nerolunar »

Linki

Sig, please explain why you didn´t break the tie.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quite likely. Wilgy's baseless comment is completely irrelevant to me. After the shit we pulled in GoC I wouldn't put it past him to just make stuff up for the fun of it to tailspin us.

That being said I find you and Turnip Head equally suspect, so depending on how things play out my vote may not end up on you.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Nerolunar wrote:Hey guys.

Im not necessarily suspicious of people who take SVS at face value, just kind of baffled if you could say so. I believe it´s definitely possible for someone/anyone to intentionally refrain from voting, even SVS. I don´t know her playstyle, and regardless of what you tell me I would much rather try to form viewpoints without any influence from meta.

From the eye of an outsider its just weird how you all seem to agree that this is SVS´s playstyle. Im not reeeeaaallly suspecting her, I just realized how much meta means to you guys and how much it influences your view on someone.

If I ever develop meta here, I would definitely exploit it once in a while.
Lots of players here exploit their meta.

SVS will exploit her meta.

But she also has a code of things she won't do. Missing the vote is not really a question of 'playstyle'. There are a number of us (me included) who wouldn't miss the vote tactically. It's a respect for the host thing. Games can be very frustrating as a host when a lot of people don't vote. Of all of those people, SVS feels those kind of 'respectful play' things more than anyone, its most important to her.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden is not pinging me in this game at all so he must be bad.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:

Nah. SVS has a certain code you can rely upon. Never missing the vote on purpose is one of those things.

She doesn't need to break her meta on her code, because she is such a good player and virtually impossible to read with it. I couldn't tell you any aspect of her meta that I have noticed as being alignment indicative.
I could, but I won't. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anyone who feels SVS would not intentionally miss the vote, explain to me how she missed the vote after explicitly stating that she had to vote 10+ minutes before EOD

ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote:
Quite likely. Wilgy's baseless comment is completely irrelevant to me. After the shit we pulled in GoC I wouldn't put it past him to just make stuff up for the fun of it to tailspin us.

That being said I find you and Turnip Head equally suspect, so depending on how things play out my vote may not end up on you.
Is Scotty a lynch proof baddie then? Mac what do you think happened at lynch yesterday? Sorry if you explained this already and I missed it.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DrWilgy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Is Scotty a lynch proof baddie then? Mac what do you think happened at lynch yesterday? Sorry if you explained this already and I missed it.
Lol Wilgy he's explained it twice!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DrWilgy »

juliets wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Blah! I have two tabs open. One that's about 600 posts behind and one that is recent being F5'd every few min.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Glorfindel wrote: Frankly, if it was someone that would be considered experienced then yes, I would. The thing is, I feel that any analysis of that is hampered simply by the way the site is set up. I should think a list of the voting sequence over the last hour/half hour or so before the EoD may be an interesting read...
Here you go my friend. Enjoy analyzing!

Day 1 Voting graph
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:Anyone who feels SVS would not intentionally miss the vote, explain to me how she missed the vote after explicitly stating that she had to vote 10+ minutes before EOD
Maybe she spent too much time trying to formulate a post?

Maybe she got caught in linkitis hell?

Maybe she was posting on her phone, and was getting inconsistent wifi?

Maybe she got caught up in the discussion and lost track of the time?

Maybe DH was pestering the hell out of her in mafia BTSC and distracted her from voting?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

DharmaHelper wrote:Anyone who feels SVS would not intentionally miss the vote, explain to me how she missed the vote after explicitly stating that she had to vote 10+ minutes before EOD
She's a human being.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Typhoony wrote:
Glorfindel wrote: Frankly, if it was someone that would be considered experienced then yes, I would. The thing is, I feel that any analysis of that is hampered simply by the way the site is set up. I should think a list of the voting sequence over the last hour/half hour or so before the EoD may be an interesting read...

Day 1 Voting graph
Typh, this says I voted for Wilgy when I really voted Scotty. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DrWilgy wrote:
juliets wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Blah! I have two tabs open. One that's about 600 posts behind and one that is recent being F5'd every few min.
OK, I just thought it was funny. No ill intent in my laughter.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

:confused2:

All the votes are fucked up. Lemme fix that
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Maybe DH was pestering the hell out of her in mafia BTSC and distracted her from voting?
You forgot the "was busting to the go to the toilet" option.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Typhoony wrote::confused2:

You just have Scotty and Wilgy as the wrong colour I think.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

None of these explain anything.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Maybe you should ask her specifically about those 11 minutes. She's the best one to answer the question, not us guessing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

MacDougall wrote:
Typhoony wrote::confused2:

You just have Scotty and Wilgy as the wrong colour I think.
Nah more stuff is wrong, like somehow LC ended up on the graph. I modified an old graph, changed the names in the Excel sheet but the graph wasn't using the cells, it was just using the names I implemented by hand. So now it should be fixed.

Day 1 Voting Graph
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Typhoony wrote:

Day 1 Voting graph
Wow! That's pretty cool :-0 And yes, Sig - I think you have some explaining to do...

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Maybe you should ask her specifically about those 11 minutes. She's the best one to answer the question, not us guessing.
I intend to. But with everyone dismissing it as a nonissue, I'd just like to know what logical explanation they have for it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Glorfindel wrote:
Typhoony wrote: Here you go my friend. Enjoy analyzing!

Day 1 Voting graph
Wow! That's pretty cool :-0 And yes, Sig - I think you have some explaining to do...
Just be sure to use the New version!
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I intend to. But with everyone dismissing it as a nonissue, I'd just like to know what logical explanation they have for it.
I was trying to find Zebras post myself, tbh, and then I started reading it when she posted it. THEN Matt said he still wasn't responding. I got too involved in that situation and lost track of time. When I realized it the poll was over for literally less than a minute.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Believe it or don't believe it, it's the truth :shrug2:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:I was waiting for that last second train, lots of people droplast second votes, and several had mentioned me. I was mediating and lost track of time. I almost never miss votes.
Which is it?

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It's both DH. Reread the thread in real time, and you will see it is true.

No matter what I say you won't believe it. Sometimes you are right; this time you are not.

Return to “Previous Jobs”