Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Enrique »

Turnip Head wrote:
Enrique wrote:I... completely missed that Bullock could track.

Y'all silly tho. The Riddler. The supervillain famous for making knock knock jokes. Instead, of you know... the clown role that makes people insane?

Ekeknat didn't you just agree with it a few posts ago? But now you're not putting stock into it?

There's no ambiguity, Jesus Christ.
Maybe the knock knock jokes are a player chosen curse.
I think there's a much more obvious explanation and I don't know why you keep refusing to acknowledge it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

ekeknat wrote:i haven't been involved much to this point - as Bullzeye excellently put it,
Bullzeye wrote: I'm having a hard time keeping up with who thinks what in this crazy clusterfuck.
sorry if this makes me hard to read - there just isn't much i can even say

this seems easy enough to follow, though. it seems like matt threw nero's name out there not actually believing he (or she) was the joker - but if he did visit someone who made him speak in knock knock jokes, maybe he should, like, let us know who that person was? sorry if i'm missing something real obvious - enrique's case makes an amount of sense that has been unusual for me to grasp thus far in this game
What changed, ek?
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Y'all silly tho. The Riddler. The supervillain famous for making knock knock jokes. Instead, of you know... the clown role that makes people insane?

Ekeknat didn't you just agree with it a few posts ago? But now you're not putting stock into it?

I think there's a much more obvious explanation and I don't know why you keep refusing to acknowledge it.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Discuss

Discuss who?

Discuss Enrique still clinging to this Joker theory and STILL not wanting to suss my top suspect, Nero.
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

holy FUCK matt if you dont shut up about nero i will kick your teeth right in. I've said all I have to say about Nero, you're free to fucking read my posts for once.
ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Discuss

Discuss who?

Discuss Enrique still clinging to this Joker theory and STILL not wanting to suss my top suspect, Nero.
To be fair, you've consistently rejected the idea that you think Nero is the Joker and have basically said you'd infodump the shit out of him if you legit thought it was the case.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Because I think Matt is being genuine and that's really all there is to it. I get that the Joker thing is the most obvious explanation. But I just hosted a game where an entire day's discussion centered around a role that didn't even exist, and players wanted to lynch a civ because the obvious explanation was that he was the role that didn't exist, so "the most obvious" explanation doesn't always mean a lot to me.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Also possible that Joker can curse people as part of the secret portion of his role. There are several possibilities. That said, at the moment, I'm finding that Matt's posts (and especially his frustration) ring true. He's not off my eyeball list, but he's not at the top of it for the moment, either.
Matt wrote:Knock knock.

Who's there?

The Joker

The Joker who?

The Joker, who Matt hadn't even considered he'd been cursed by Joker, that was ALL Enrique's idea and again, Matt tired in talking knock knock, be back in a bit.

Linki - Knock knock

Who's there?

Enrique

Enrique who?

Easy lynch target guy and once again if he gets me lynched, DO NOT allow him to stop sussing Nero because of my flip.
I eagerly await end game (or after this day if you're allowed to), when you tell us what you had been considering when cursed with knock knock jokes. I know you can't explain it now, but I'm really curious to know what your assumption had been!

Also wanted to add, on a different topic, the other point I was thinking earlier that goes against the Scott must be civ theory: Robin's role says he'll use his detective skills that night, which implies that he'll get the results at the end of night when everyone gets their results--not in the middle of the night. Not that I suspect Scott--but I don't think he's confirmed at all.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

You guys must have a really low opinion of Matt if you think he's being genuine.
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 389

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 1]

Post by a2thezebra »

Enrique wrote:Hey Matt if I say you're bad are you gonna break me too?
:D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:You guys must have a really low opinion of Matt if you think he's being genuine.
Oh come on don't be like that :P I disagree with him on pretty much every level but that doesn't mean he's not a civ.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:Image
:haha:

If you end up being right and I fuck this up for you I'll feel like an ass
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Turnip Head wrote:
Enrique wrote:You guys must have a really low opinion of Matt if you think he's being genuine.
Oh come on don't be like that :P I disagree with him on pretty much every level but that doesn't mean he's not a civ.
This. It's a tone thing.

I don't think he is correct about many things, but I don't think he's bad either.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Lorab who are you looking at for this lynch?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

If the most logical answer is that Matt targeted le joker then why isn't Matt telling us who he thinks is le joker and why is he asking to lynch le nero?

Methinks he is 'posting in riddles' and as TH said that it is a self chosen 'curse'.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Because it would confirm he has a night power. Mac, I have no clue how you could be missing this. How the hell isn't it the most logical answer when it's in the Joker's role description and his name? How does making up a whole different role make more sense?
ImageImageImageImage
ekeknat
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ekeknat »

Enrique wrote: What changed, ek?

well, i remembered the riddler role (which is also secret) is in the game and i just think it's more likely he got targeted by whatever that role does than that he visited the joker

he could still be bad, I just don't think that that's the reason why
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I'm you in of Montreal right now. I don't have any info, so it's more akin to the day Made got lynched than any of the other days you tried to get Zebra/LC lynched. Point being, this isn't hard to grasp.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Turnip Head wrote:Lorab who are you looking at for this lynch?
Not sure. Maybe Nero because I think there is something to be said for the Joker theory--or at least because Matt seems so insistent that he (he?) is bad.

While my vote day 1 for Bubbles didn't have much behind it, her last post was perplexing enough that I'm actually eying her more. I want to see how and if she answers my question about it when she is next here (doubtful she will, since she's not really keeping up). I realize her posts are often not traditional, but to say that one is not keeping up, but that Dom seems more vocal than usual, I just don't understand. Because, Dom has never been a quiet player. And because it seems like an on topic comment about a player, without actually looking at thread content. Dom had 2 posts within 5 pages before that post--so either she just looked at thread count (which seems like trying to sound like she's paying more attention than she is) or someone suggested that as an on topic idea.

And Sig had something that raised my eyebrow and made me eyeball him in my earlier post that I lost, but now I can't for the life of me remember what it was.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

im sorry for not being around, y'all. I said it was a busy weekend and I'm not lying. Also my girlfriend just checked into the ER because she pinched a nerve I think, so I'm a little preoccupied.

In the meantime, I've been doing cursory glances through the past 10 pages and I didn't realize the Matt/Enrique show was on. Can I change the channel? I have no desire to vote either right now.

I actually find myself agreeing with sig's point of view. Yes, his stance of revealing info is controversial, but that's something that I've done in previous games as civ.

As for MP "confirming me as civ", I'm not mad at him, and I think people would have put two and two together eventually. I'm not seeing as big of a ping on him as I did day 1. I feel like I have a huge target on my back for night 2 and would be flabbergasted if I wasn't targeted. But I came to terms with being out of the game day 1. If I can just make it to Tuesday I'll be more productive and can really delve into more evidential reads with quotes and shit.

But right now, all I have is unsubstantiated reads of people based on gut. I really want more concrete info, besides a strong suggestion of Wilgy's role. It's not enough yet.

Also, I would like Dom to come back and tell me what he's up to. He and Glorf are still my top reads ATM. If I had to vote right now it would be for Glorf, even though zebra is convinced this is Glorf's civ game.

Here's hoping Matt gets picked up to be someone's ventriloquist dummy on a fancy new reality show on MTV.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Scotty wrote:
Dom wrote:Scotty, if you read this-- did you intend to role hint?
What role do you think I would supposedly be hinting at?
If you were civvie why the hell would you ask this question in response to this?
If you were civvie why wouldn't you just answer the question?

Did you or did you not? I felt it was quite explicit.
a2thezebra wrote:This is what happens when you try to reason with Matt. Those who still haven't faced such peril be warned...
Are you bad?
Nerolunar wrote:
juliets wrote:Nero why would Matt be trying to frame you?
I imagine it might be because Im somewhat of an easy target, being new and all that. Can´t know for sure though, his accusations just seem so desperate.

Linki He might be mafia and have no interest in going for the Joker, outside of the fact that the Joker needs the mafia dead.

Linki I see your point Zebra. However its still among one of the more solid cases I have seen today. I don´t think he is entirely genuine.

Its pretty good that we have lots of time to figure this out.
:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:
N00bcard

Scotty wrote:im sorry for not being around, y'all. I said it was a busy weekend and I'm not lying. Also my girlfriend just checked into the ER because she pinched a nerve I think, so I'm a little preoccupied.

In the meantime, I've been doing cursory glances through the past 10 pages and I didn't realize the Matt/Enrique show was on. Can I change the channel? I have no desire to vote either right now.

I actually find myself agreeing with sig's point of view. Yes, his stance of revealing info is controversial, but that's something that I've done in previous games as civ.

As for MP "confirming me as civ", I'm not mad at him, and I think people would have put two and two together eventually. I'm not seeing as big of a ping on him as I did day 1. I feel like I have a huge target on my back for night 2 and would be flabbergasted if I wasn't targeted. But I came to terms with being out of the game day 1. If I can just make it to Tuesday I'll be more productive and can really delve into more evidential reads with quotes and shit.

But right now, all I have is unsubstantiated reads of people based on gut. I really want more concrete info, besides a strong suggestion of Wilgy's role. It's not enough yet.

Also, I would like Dom to come back and tell me what he's up to. He and Glorf are still my top reads ATM. If I had to vote right now it would be for Glorf, even though zebra is convinced this is Glorf's civ game.

Here's hoping Matt gets picked up to be someone's ventriloquist dummy on a fancy new reality show on MTV.
Quite suddenly I'm your top read! Nice NO U. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

LoRab wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Lorab who are you looking at for this lynch?
While my vote day 1 for Bubbles didn't have much behind it, her last post was perplexing enough that I'm actually eying her more. I want to see how and if she answers my question about it when she is next here (doubtful she will, since she's not really keeping up). I realize her posts are often not traditional, but to say that one is not keeping up, but that Dom seems more vocal than usual, I just don't understand. Because, Dom has never been a quiet player. And because it seems like an on topic comment about a player, without actually looking at thread content. Dom had 2 posts within 5 pages before that post--so either she just looked at thread count (which seems like trying to sound like she's paying more attention than she is) or someone suggested that as an on topic idea.
That's a pretty good point. When you frame it like that it looks made up.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dom wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Dom wrote:Scotty, if you read this-- did you intend to role hint?
What role do you think I would supposedly be hinting at?
If you were civvie why the hell would you ask this question in response to this?
If you were civvie why wouldn't you just answer the question?

Did you or did you not? I felt it was quite explicit.
this entire game you have been treating me like I'm 8, when in fact I am at least 10! I answered your question with another question. im sorry you think that isn't civ behavior, but you've been wrong about me since day 0, so I don't feel like I owe you anything. I honestly don't know what you're getting at, since it was not explicit enough for me.
a2thezebra wrote:This is what happens when you try to reason with Matt. Those who still haven't faced such peril be warned...
Are you bad?
Nerolunar wrote:
juliets wrote:Nero why would Matt be trying to frame you?
I imagine it might be because Im somewhat of an easy target, being new and all that. Can´t know for sure though, his accusations just seem so desperate.

Linki He might be mafia and have no interest in going for the Joker, outside of the fact that the Joker needs the mafia dead.

Linki I see your point Zebra. However its still among one of the more solid cases I have seen today. I don´t think he is entirely genuine.

Its pretty good that we have lots of time to figure this out.
:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:
N00bcard

Scotty wrote:im sorry for not being around, y'all. I said it was a busy weekend and I'm not lying. Also my girlfriend just checked into the ER because she pinched a nerve I think, so I'm a little preoccupied.

Quite suddenly I'm your top read! Nice NO U. ;)yep! Should I vote for you instead of Glorf?

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:Golden did you miss my post with the big green text? I'll talk about anything I please, and I don't think Matt should be lynched.
Nah, it got lost in the linki and then I ran away for a while, so good, I'm glad you are both getting to stay.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:Matt there's so little internal logic to your posts I don't know how to argue anymore.
There is no internal logic to Matt's posts, and there was already little enough in his arguments with zebra.

I am fairly sure I will be voting that way again.

On the point of you - I still think you are town, but I still don't know why you are going after MP. Do you think him 'target painting scotty' is a sign he is bad?

I don't see any reason for MP not to push the scotty thing, since it seems noone was getting it. I felt I had to come in and explain his point. People were constantly asking MP about it and saying 'but how does that make sense'... what was MP supposed to do, ignore those people and not answer their questions?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Matt wrote:Not Matt, he's taking another break, but remember this post I just quoted folks, please do not ignore me on this, Enrique is curious as fuck for not wanting to lynch someone who HE MUST BELIEVE is the Joker.
Why must Enrique believe Nero is the joker when you keep telling Enrique that Nero is NOT the joker.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I don't think I'm "going after MP." I don't like all the dwelling on the Day 1 lynch results but that doesn't mean I think he's bad (although I understand why others would). My biggest concern is his safe/inoffensive playstyle. His rainbow list sat really wrong with me, when it was basically ordered by activity but with Matt and sig thrown near the bottom for good measure.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I also think that's a very lousy reason to vote for sig.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:I don't think I'm "going after MP." I don't like all the dwelling on the Day 1 lynch results but that doesn't mean I think he's bad (although I understand why others would). My biggest concern is his safe/inoffensive playstyle. His rainbow list sat really wrong with me, when it was basically ordered by activity but with Matt and sig thrown near the bottom for good measure.
OK. I don't really have a problem with your suspicion of MP. That's not what I was trying to get at.

Hmm, I'll try and find a way to communicate it well in a bit.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Dom wrote::sigh:
This is how I feel. Srrsly you guys. My brain is starting to melt trying to make sense of all this....please tell me it gets easier.....
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

Turnip Head wrote:Glorfindel while you're here if you could explain the obvious differences began your civ and baddie metas I'd appreciate it.
To be honest with you my friend, I'm not sure. For some reason beyond my understanding, I have a lot of trouble at a deep level with being duplicitous. How that presents, I'm not sure (it's kinda like asking someone who's never stepped outside their house what it looks like from the outside...). I suspect because I'm part of a team when I'm Mafia and am subject to the pressure of being responsible to them my posts become uncharacteristicly guarded. When I'm Town, I feel a lot more free to say what I think (albeit in a respectful way). In the context of this game, were I Mafia, I'd probably not have been critical of anyone to this point as I'd imagine I wouldn't want to call any attention to myself. I'm not sure if that answers your question...

As for this game, I confess I'm completely flummoxed at trying to work out a lot of what is going on. The whole MP thing? I was Mafia with him in Star Wars (for a time) and from what he's posted so far, I'm not getting a Star Wars vibe from him at all. I also don't think his calling Scotty out was necessarily a bad thing (although perhaps it's not that good for Scotty :( ). I was suspicious of Matt early on (and his knock, knock riddles are far beyond the point of driving me crazy). Again, Zebra's influence is key in that situation for me. I'd expect her reaction to him this Day phase to be quite different after Day 1. Yes, I know that she for all intents and purposes was a proponent of the information reveal thing last Day phase but if I have any skill at all in reading people in these games, I'm reading her as non-Mafia and very likely Town.

Someone pointed out earlier how finely balanced this game is between Town and non-Town and I fear it could slip from our grasp very quickly. Having said that, I don't know that we're that far advanced from where we were at the end of the last Day phase. Personally, I keep waiting for an epiphany based on the information I receive from our nocturnal visits but nothing yet... :shrug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Due to a mix of not wanting to deal with the Matt/Enrique pissing match and also some Out-of-Game stuff that sidelined me for a considerable portion of the day, my catching up and such will have to wait 'til tomorrow.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Enrique wrote:Okay, well. Here we go. As you all know, my whole case relies on Matt having been cursed by the Joker. This is the Joker's role description.
Anyone who targets The Joker will be made insane by the toxic flower on his lapel. He needs Batman, Gordon, Falcone, and Maroni dead. *Secrets*
Now, with made insane I usually would've assumed the hosts meant through LC's insanifier. I don't think that's the case anymore. Not only has no one been insanified (Bass, Bubbles, ekeknat, Equivocate, and sprityo still haven't shown up~ there's time to refute this), but Matt insists on posting in knock knock jokes only. Is there another role that does anything like that? What makes more sense? These are the secret roles.
During the Day, Bruce Wayne conducts business. At Night, he is Batman. *Secrets*
Anyone who targets The Joker will be made insane by the toxic flower on his lapel. He needs Batman, Gordon, Falcone, and Maroni dead. *Secrets*
Edward Nygma has questions that need answering. *Secrets*
Dr. Pamela Isley, ecologist and terrorist, can poison anyone each Night. A poisoned person will die unless he or she discovers the antidote. *Secrets*
Bane has a convoluted history with Batman. On Nightfall of the third phase, Bane must decide if he wants to support or oppose Batman. This choice will affect his win condition, which will be a secret until then even unto him. *Secrets*
Which of these do you think is the likeliest to make a player speak in fucking knock knock jokes? Fucking Batman? NO. You could maybe make a case for the Riddler, but it'd be a shitty case. This is 100% the Joker's territory.

You know what Matt could do to prove he's not cursed by the Joker? He could fucking speak in anything other than knock knock jokes. It's not that hard!

So, okay, reading the Joker's role... how do you become cursed? You need to target the Joker. Anyone who targets the Joker will be made insane. Okay, cool, now what roles could've possibly targeted him? There aren't that many roles in this game who do stuff at night, let's see which ones do.

Bruce Wayne
During the Day, Bruce Wayne conducts business. At Night, he is Batman. *Secrets*
"At Night, he is Batman." Great, we don't know anything about this role. This could conceivably Matt, but I have a few reasons for believing he's not.

Anyone who read the thread remembers when he got the idea that I was "painting a target on his back" and wouldn't shut the fuck about it for a whole page. This is the post where a lightbulb switches and he starts accusing me of that. This is after Nero first mentioned the idea that if Montoya did her fucking work at night then Matt MUST be her. Because only one player is allowed to use their power each night apparently. What Matt does here is basically take my argument against MP, and retroactively apply it to his case like he had any fucking clue where his defense was going in the first place. You're outing me! You're painting a target on my back! Fuck off I'm trying to lynch you because you're bad as shit. No baddie is gonna touch you with a ten-foot pole when you're making yourself look so fucking bad in the thread.

Then he made this post, which really got my attention.
Matt wrote:
juliets wrote:Matt, you've become a master at communicating through the knock knock jokes. Do you think you could tell us why you didn't respond to zebra's post yesterday (Friday)? Maybe you explained this somewhere and I missed it. If so, just refer me to your iso.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Zebra

Zebra who?

Nah more like Zebra where?, but regardless, I've been busy but I suppose I promised I would answer her, so I will do that now in the form of knock knock.

Linki

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Enrique

Enrique who?

Enrique who I'm betting is partners with Nero, so if I do get lynched, DO NOT let him get away with saying "Oh I guess Nero is good then", because I'm betting that's exactly what he'll say when I flip and I'm not mafia.
"Zebra who? More like Zebra where?" Okay, maybe I'm reading too much into this, but to me it looks like he's owning up to the Renee role. That line definitely gave me pause, because Zebra hadn't posted all day, and Matt had every reason to silence her if he could. But he didn't. She showed up just a little while later, and away went the chances that he was good.

I don't think he's Batman, because then why the hell would he claim another civive role? Not to mention, if he's a civ and not deliberately stirring shit, he's gotta be some sort of fucking moron to interpret my (and Zebra's on Day 1) posts the way he has. I have a higher opinion of Matty than that, so I'm sticking to him being bad.

Detective Harvey Bullock

I'm not letting this slide. There's like no fucking chance that he's Detective Bullock, but I'm going over every possibility just to show you how bad he is. This is Bullock's role.
Detective Harvey Bullock
Bullock tracks or kills someone each Night. He has just one kill. Better make it a good one.
Okay, so for Matt to be detective Bullock, he must have decided to use his kill on the first night of the game, he must've been blocked (or otherwise targeted Wilgy and the Mafia got blocked, which doesn't seem the least bit likely), and he must have a fucking good reason to claim Montoya instead. So yeah I don't have a lot to say about this one except I feel pretty comfortable ruling it out.

Detective Renee Montoya

I already went over this pretty much in the Bruce Wayne section. This is the role he tried to claim, didn't work out. But to add to it, his recent insistence that wait maybe Nero is the Joker after all! hints that instead of Zebra he might've targeted Nero. Well, if he was Montoya, then that obviously didn't happen because Nero has been posting like normal all day. He relies on us being completely stupid to believe his shit, and yeah, it's not working out well.

Victor Zsasz
Victor Zsasz
Kills on odd Nights. Blocks on even Nights. The bought cop inherits the kill first.
This guy killed Wilgy, so no. Unless, again, Zsasz got blocked and it was Bullock who killed Wilgy. A little beyond unlikely.

OR, actually, unless Wilgy was the Joker. I do still think there's a good chance the Joker was being the no-lynch yesterday, so it would make some sense. I still think this is a very unlikely option but the possibility is left open.

Tony Zucco
Tony Zucco
Kills on even Nights. Blocks on odd Nights. The bought cop inherits the kill first.
This one's a bit more interesting. Epig didn't want to answer, but in my experience, passive roles don't get blocked. Zucco could have blocked the Joker and got insanified as a result. Keep in mind, his team recruited last night as well. I've talked about this before, but I think it's possible Nero and Matt are teammates as of today. Just look at this post:
Nerolunar wrote:Renee(possibly Matt) targeted the Joker, becoming insane. I don´t know if the ability still works on the Joker or not, but if it doesn´t and nobody is silenced then Matt has to be Renee. It all depends on whether or not the Joker is still hit by the ability, but his role description doesn´t explain it.

This could go for any other role where the effect is easy to spot, though I don´t recall any other role where that is the case.

Im going to ask:

@Hosts: Is the Joker still hit by the ability that targeted him, even if he made the source insane?

Christ this linki.
Contrived bullshit. If no one is silenced (ha yeah we're gonna prove that), then Matt has to be Renee? No.

(Small correction to a mistake I made somewhere: Nero didn't say that if Montoya used her role then she had to be Matt. He said if Montoya didn't use her role, then she had to be Matt, because the Joker would've blocked her. This of course is ridiculous because we have no reason to assume the Joker is immune to all night powers.)

So, okay, back where I left off. I just ISO'd Matt and found that his obsession with he who mentions the Riddler has got to be him! is something new to after he got cursed. Their only interaction previous to that was Matt defending SVS to him. There's also this which is Nero saying "eh idk about Matt" but it seems pretty harmless to me.

There may be something here, there may not be. Matt is playing a bullshit game when he says oh but he was sure Nero was the Joker! No that he was Mafia! This is the post he's talking about:
Enrique wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Enrique wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Someone explain to me how speculating on Wilgy being Robin is a bad thing, because if no one had said anything, and we lynched Scotty today and he flipped civilian, then what are we doing? We're handing the game away, that's what we're doing.
I don't see anyone going after Scotty like... at all.
And what's your point? If I'm right, then he almost died yesterday, and would have if it wasn't for Robin. Does that mean I shouldn't have said anything? I'm not running any risks. Civilians should lay everything out there; what good can we do if we keep everything to ourselves?

You of all people should agree with this, I would think.
I think the rest of us are just as capable of making connections, not to mention, Scotty only got 4 votes yesterday. That's a far cry from a majority :shrug2:

Nero, if Matt flips Mafia I'm gonna remember you.
Which very specifically relies on Matt being Mafia and is based on that single defense only. I don't "have a case on Nero," I have a case on Matt.

Rupert Thorne
Rupert Thorne
An independent crime boss who has little strength as yet, Thorne will decide on any given Night whom he wants to help. He will gain BTSC as a consultant with that person (and any co-conspirators) and share that person’s win condition.
This would make him the Joker's teammate. Bad.

Catwoman
Catwoman
An adept thief, Selena Kyle steals one person’s win condition. If her target ever votes for her, she becomes paranoid, and must choose someone else to steal from next.
The Joker's win condition, so essentially a BTSC-less team. Bad.

The Scarecrow
The Scarecrow
Dr. Jonathan Crane uses his fear toxin to cause people to dread those they might otherwise trust. Using this toxin on one target per Night, that target will need the role the Scarecrow names dead in order to win. Crane can never target the same person more than once. If The Scarecrow is lynched, then he gives up the antidote and those new win conditions no longer apply. Over half of the living population must be hallucinating for The Scarecrow to be successful.
This guy makes it harder to win and turns us against each other. Bad.

The Riddler
The Riddler
Edward Nygma has questions that need answering. *Secrets*
Who the fuck knows but Arkham are baddies anyway. Bad.

(would line up with Dom's "baddies love to talk about their roles" as well when he's accusing Nero of being the Riddler out of fucking nowhere)

Two Face
Two Face
Two Face takes a hostage every Night. If someone targets Two Face with any negative action, a coin is flipped. Heads means that he takes it. Tails means that his hostage takes it. Harvey Dent wins with civilians on odd phases. Two Face wins with Mafia on even phases.
Jeez this would probably be the least surprising, given how he's acting like a maniac. This guy can win with (most) civilians, yes, but that's also a dangerous as fuck role and it's bad.

Poison Ivy
Poison Ivy
Dr. Pamela Isley, ecologist and terrorist, can poison anyone each Night. A poisoned person will die unless he or she discovers the antidote. *Secrets*
Super bad.

Bane
Bane
Bane has a convoluted history with Batman. On Nightfall of the third phase, Bane must decide if he wants to support or oppose Batman. This choice will affect his win condition, which will be a secret until then even unto him. *Secrets*
This guy could actually be kinda good but also not, and his death is beneficial for at least four civvies. We don't even know if he does anything at night, so, a little less likely than the others anyway.

Mr. Freeze
Mr. Freeze
Dr. Victor Fries is researching a way to save his beloved wife, Nora from a terminal illness. Renee Montoya has the right genetics for him to save Nora. Using his freeze ray, Mr. Freeze blocks up to two targets each Night. Montoya must be frozen twice for him to win. If Montoya dies before Mr. Freeze completes his task, he goes cold, and becomes last man standing, killing each Night.
If Montoya dies, super fucking bad. Otherwise kinda harmless, but let's not take that risk.

All of this added to the fact that he's acting like a fucking moron seals the deal for me. Matt is BAD and I can't stress this enough. Zebra thinking he's genuine after he overshared gives me a little pause, but not enough. I think it's worth remembering that their whole thing was more about him being a dick than being a baddie. I think he's both.
This post is amazing. Clear. And makes sense. Thank you Enrico suave.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Glorfindel wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Glorfindel while you're here if you could explain the obvious differences began your civ and baddie metas I'd appreciate it.
To be honest with you my friend, I'm not sure. For some reason beyond my understanding, I have a lot of trouble at a deep level with being duplicitous. How that presents, I'm not sure (it's kinda like asking someone who's never stepped outside their house what it looks like from the outside...). I suspect because I'm part of a team when I'm Mafia and am subject to the pressure of being responsible to them my posts become uncharacteristicly guarded. When I'm Town, I feel a lot more free to say what I think (albeit in a respectful way). In the context of this game, were I Mafia, I'd probably not have been critical of anyone to this point as I'd imagine I wouldn't want to call any attention to myself. I'm not sure if that answers your question...
Okay, thanks Glorfy. I only ask because earlier you made it sound like anyone who knew your baddie game should know that we're not seeing it here. But do you feel you've been critical of anyone to this point? I just did a quick skim of your posts here and other than your interaction with sig I didn't see anything I'd describe as critical of anyone.

I mean, part of me doubts you would explain your baddie tell while knowing that it matched your play here... but on the other hand you DID just say that you have trouble lying, so who knows :P
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Matt wrote:
Enrique wrote:Matt there's so little internal logic to your posts I don't know how to argue anymore.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Enrique

Enrique who?

Enrique, if you believe I targetted the Joker and was thus cursed, why do you show little interest in lynching the guy I named as a top lynch candidate, why are you saying "I don't know" when YOU SHOULD KNOW since you are convinced your theory is correct...you make no sense.

Linki

Knock knock Bullz

Who's there?

FortheloveofGod

FortheloveofGodwho?

For the love of God, Bullz, I have been explaining that I've only used "Nero is the Joker" as a way to ask Enrique why he is so AGAINST lynching him, but NO, I have NO reason to believe that Nero is the Joker. :disappoint:
Ok. Crap. Now this makes sense too.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Glorfindel wrote:
To be honest with you my friend, I'm not sure. For some reason beyond my understanding, I have a lot of trouble at a deep level with being duplicitous. How that presents, I'm not sure (it's kinda like asking someone who's never stepped outside their house what it looks like from the outside...).well, no. That would mean that you've never been Mafia. Which you have. I suspect because I'm part of a team when I'm Mafia and am subject to the pressure of being responsible to them my posts become uncharacteristicly guarded. When I'm Town, I feel a lot more free to say what I think (albeit in a respectful way). In the context of this game, were I Mafia, I'd probably not have been critical of anyone to this point as I'd imagine I wouldn't want to call any attention to myself. I'm not sure if that answers your question...
ive got a question for you: have you ever been independent? Because you're being somewhat forthcoming with your tells as Mafia, but what about the other like 10 roles in the game?

As for this game, I confess I'm completely flummoxed at trying to work out a lot of what is going on. The whole MP thing? I was Mafia with him in Star Wars (for a time) and from what he's posted so far, I'm not getting a Star Wars vibe from him at all. I also don't think his calling Scotty out was necessarily a bad thing (although perhaps it's not that good for Scotty :( ). thanks for your concern. I was suspicious of Matt early on (and his knock, knock riddles are far beyond the point of driving me crazy). Again, Zebra's influence is key in that situation for me. I'd expect her reaction to him this Day phase to be quite different after Day 1. Yes, I know that she for all intents and purposes was a proponent of the information reveal thing last Day phase but if I have any skill at all in reading people in these games, I'm reading her as non-Mafia and very likely Town. youa tart by saying you don't know what to make of things, then you proceed to make of things.

Someone pointed out earlier how finely balanced this game is between Town and non-Town and I fear it could slip from our grasp very quickly. Having said that, I don't know that we're that far advanced from where we were at the end of the last Day phase. Personally, I keep waiting for an epiphany based on the information I receive from our nocturnal visits but nothing yet... :shrug: this whole paragraph smells of elderberry. It sounds like a feinting war cry from a little boy in a Viking costume wearing armor that should only be worn by his dad. It looks like a fortune cookie with 2 blank fortunes.
Your WIFOM about what you would do if you were actually Mafia is hollow and honestly I don't even think it warrants an answer to TH.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:Funny
I think this post is proof that not every Matt post has to be a knock knock joke is it not?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:
Enrique wrote:what do you want?
Funny
Enrique - "Funny who?"

Funny you bring up Zebra's post right now when I'm clearly more interested in telling knock knock jokes. :suspish:
:ponder:

The way Matt started making these dumbass knock knock posts being almost immediately criticised by Enrique is strange indeed. Perhaps Enrique is the perpetrator.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Enrique wrote:Mhm, I think he was trying to be as inoffensive as possible. Why not the two of you, when you've done everything so that no one comes out in your defense?

That said your refusal to address that shit is fishy as fuuuuck.

linki: I'm a little past that by now
This post is aids and I hate it.

Also the posts where you physically threatened Matt are abhorrent.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Enrique wrote:That list look really... safe.

Why is Bubbles so low, for one?
How is it safe?

I remember almost nothing of what Bubbles has posted, so it's a default "slightly" bad look. I did that for others when I asked myself "what did ____ say?" and couldn't think of anything.
Is that a real question? My first reaction was the same. Safe as fuck. You are civ reading threats and scum reading non threats. Even if genuine it should be pretty obvious what he meant when he said it was safe. Your question is frivolous.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote:RIPIYWG Dr. Wilgy. I feel bad that you were the last one to sign up, allowing Epi to start the game and now you got killed night 1.

I think the theory about Robin thats being discussed makes sense. I will not be voting for Scotty today.

Lol Sorsha, as I've watched Glorifindel (hope I spelled that right) get accused for being too nice I have thought "there but for the grace of God go I". I'm not inclined to vote for him based on that accusation given some who know him are saying it's not alignment indicative.

Question for me is who should I vote for today
. I'm hopeful the day will bring conversation that will help me find a suspect. I am wondering why Matt hasn't responded to zebra's post after all the back and forth about who was going to retrieve it. I'm not saying that deserves a vote at this time but it does concern me.

p.s. TH, I also was somewhat annoyed when sprityo asked why Scotty and why Wilgy when I knew on the Scotty side several of us gave explicit reasons in the thread why we voted the way we did. I'm just not one to sass people unless they sass me first. Sprityo this does not mean I suspect you, I just wanted you to read the thread.

jesus, linki out the kazoo
Really? What a shock.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Looking at that graph, thanks man.

Am I not remembering correct? Wasn't TH the one who called for the Wilgy wagon? Yet he didn't put the final vote on Wilgy until right at the end which put him into the tie with Scotty? Is that what the graph is telling me?

So TH calls for the lynch but doesn't commit to it until such times as it causes a tie at the EOD?
Yeah Mac the poll is showing you that I voted for a player I suspect to put them in a tie with a player I didn't suspect. There were like 10 people left to vote after me, it's not my fault that most of them didn't show up or that no one after me tried to break the tie. I called for the Wilgy wagon because he was one of my suspects who already had a vote (Bullzeye's) and Typh voted for Wilgy right before I tried to give it some steam. I repeatedly said that I didn't find Scotty or the other lynch candidates suspicious and my vote reflects that so what exactly is your point?
You sound rather annoyed here. This also got my eye while you were discussing the whole we/they thing with Mac. Not a thing I associate with you.
Mac has been on my case all game and I've been more than patient responding to his points. But his point here made no sense. He literally accused me of trying to get my suspect lynched. I was annoyed whether you associate that with me or not.
My apologies Turnip Head, but that is an extremely simplified way of describing what I was saying. My question was how you managed to, with next to no case, almost get Wilgy lynched by starting a wagon that you yourself didn't vote on until the end. The timing of everything about the near Wilgy lynch was weird. You call for a Wilgy lynch because he's got 8 posts and he's Wilgy basically ... clearly not intending to vote there in my opinion and then when you saw three other people vote there you were like "well hot damn this might well do" and voted.

It doesn't make you bad, but it's another in a long line of eyebrow raising things.
Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
S~V~S wrote:You sound rather annoyed here. This also got my eye while you were discussing the whole we/they thing with Mac. Not a thing I associate with you.
S~V~S wrote:I did not and do not find anything odd about THs word choices. I have seen people lambasted for "trying too hard" by saying "we", and also seen them attacked for saying "they", like, "Oh aren't you a civ, that you talk about 'them' in the third person?". And his reaction was more inline with what I would expect from him as a civ. He would have been smoother & shrugged it off more had he been bad, I think.
Which one is it, SVS?
This point however is astonishing. SVS wtf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

FYI being made "insane" in Mafia role land, is having your targeting ability messed with...

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Sanities

Not to mention having a role in the game that amounts to "if you are targeted the player who targets you advertises it to the thread via posting like a retard" and that role being anti-town is a joke.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Enrique wrote:I count one civvie role that even targets another player at night, along with one secret who might.

I count many more baddie ones :grin:
The Joker role is designed to hinder Bullock and probably Batman by messing with their abilities accuracy. Not post curse people. Makes far more sense.

So Matt is not cursed via targeting the Joker. Matt is posting in knock knock jokes for a different reasons, perhaps no reason at all.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote:
Enrique wrote: I'm assuming this is what happened
You know what's great about that? Not only do crazy people know who the Joker is, but it narrows down their possible roles by a lot.

So it's not a good look for Matt either way, but I was hoping he could give us a better lynch option for today.
Enrique, i lost you here. Why would someone who is insanified know who the Joker is and why does it narrow down their possible roles?
Insanified =/= made insane.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote:
Enrique wrote:I count one civvie role that even targets another player at night, along with one secret who might.

The Joker role is designed to hinder Bullock and probably Batman by messing with their abilities accuracy. Not post curse people. Makes far more sense.

So Matt is not cursed via targeting the Joker. Matt is posting in knock knock jokes for a different reasons, perhaps no reason at all.
The post where you were criticizing Matt for one word answers was taken out of context. He did those in response to the same thought, but changed to putting the whole joke in the same post to save thread space. (Though he proceeded to write a telenovela of 100 posts to balance it out) .

I don't have any idea what alignment he is, but I am 100% in the camp that he has been cursed.

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MacDougall wrote:FYI being made "insane" in Mafia role land, is having your targeting ability messed with...

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Sanities

Not to mention having a role in the game that amounts to "if you are targeted the player who targets you advertises it to the thread via posting like a retard" and that role being anti-town is a joke.

Holy crap. That makes a tone of sense. And one I hadn't thought of through the entire reading of this. Belive it or not, but I have not had experience at that site or with that will I before so I had thought made insane would translate to insanity too.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 1]

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Based soley on result of yesterdays lynch, I wouldn't try to lynch Scotty again btw. (Still 900 posts behind. Still think TH is a badewd.)

I suppose a "thoughts at this point rainbow" may be needed before EoN. I may not be here.
Scotty
Zebra
Mac

Everyone else
Dom
Bea
TH
Yeah, that gives my theory some real plausibility there. Thoughts?
I agree. Tim Drake's power would have worked regardless of who lost the tie. I'd vote to save Scotty today.

By the way, the fact you are the one figuring this out? Thank god I see civ MP, finally.
Can someone explain this theory to me? I still don't really get it, and if I'm wrong about Scotty, I'd like to know.
Enrique wrote:answer the fucking door i'm zebra's post that you've been ignoring for days
:faint:

So... that's good timing that Matt put off responding to Zebra's post (to all of our amazement) and now is just *~unable~* to respond. Either it's fake (sus as hell) or Enrique's theory about him being (very likely) bad is true.
juliets wrote:
Enrique wrote: I'm assuming this is what happened
You know what's great about that? Not only do crazy people know who the Joker is, but it narrows down their possible roles by a lot.

So it's not a good look for Matt either way, but I was hoping he could give us a better lynch option for today.
Enrique, i lost you here. Why would someone who is insanified know who the Joker is and why does it narrow down their possible roles?
"The Joker
Anyone who targets The Joker will be made insane by the toxic flower on his lapel. He needs Batman, Gordon, Falcone, and Maroni dead. *Secrets*"

Enrique, are you the Joker?
In Tree Mafia we lynched Enrique as the cop on day 1 when he didn't counter claim Wilgy's fake cop claim tried to create a case on Wilgy (who was the lone cop claimer on day 1). Similar themes.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Scotty wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

The post where you were criticizing Matt for one word answers was taken out of context. He did those in response to the same thought, but changed to putting the whole joke in the same post to save thread space. (Though he proceeded to write a telenovela of 100 posts to balance it out) .

I don't have any idea what alignment he is, but I am 100% in the camp that he has been cursed.
I didn't say he wasn't cursed, I said he wasn't cursed via targeting The Joker. There is fuck all chance that The Joker's role is "if you're targeted by anybody they have to make it really really obvious by posting jokes in the thread" because that would be buttfuck retarded. Especially when the entire theory is based on misunderstanding what being made insane is.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

So basically you are saying yes Matt was likely cursed but here is why it most likely wasn't by the Joker. Yes?

Linki. Yay!! I understood something!!

Return to “Previous Jobs”