Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 2]

Post by MacDougall »

Enrique wrote:I'm not blaming Epig and LC, they just made something way harder than it should be :haha:
Which is?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think it's worth asking because maybe Dom's right. Do I ruin every game I play in?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

This post cricks my eyeball:
sig wrote:I don't understand the Breaking Bad hype? The characters are annoying though I'd like to play a mafia game based around it so I could help get rid of the annoying characters :P

So I skimmed over Wilgy's posts. One possibly role hint which I doubt and then his rainbow list.
DrWilgy wrote:Based soley on result of yesterdays lynch, I wouldn't try to lynch Scotty again btw. (Still 900 posts behind. Still think TH is a badewd.)

I suppose a "thoughts at this point rainbow" may be needed before EoN. I may not be here.
Scotty
Zebra
Mac

Everyone else
Dom
Bea
TH
So he might not have been a priority player to be lynched again today, but what are the chances he was killed for being on the right track? I'm not putting much stake in this at all and I wouldn't even use this as a reason to vote for someone but I think it is worth bringing up.
What I find really interesting is that he was almost lynched then NK'd. I think someone really wanted to get rid of Wilgy.

Which also adds to the idea he at some point mentioned a mafia member and that they are hoping that in killing him it will be forgotten.
It seems like too much speculation about the motivation that mafia might have had for the kill--and setting people up for a lynch, based on that speculation. Also, that it neglects to mention that mafia could have been trying to set someone up for a lynch, points to this idea.

I am voting shortly. I had said I was going to try to find the post that made me :eye: sig in the longer post I lost the other day. So, here it is.

Pondering between sig and nero. Still suspish of Bubbles, but this lynch is too close to put a statement vote on someone. And I do think Matt is civ, as I said yesterday, and don't want him voted out (however much he insists on taking a separate line for every piece of the knock knock joke, and his refusal to answer questions and address things when asked).
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

I'm just gonna say, Mac, Scotty called it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Lorab I'm inclined to vote Nero or MP if that makes a difference in your decision.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Mac

Mac who?

Mac, even before we were teamies in GoC and even after you wanted me policy lynched, I've thought you to be one of the most fun players on this site derp
Image Image Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

Remember when The Syndicate was the easygoing, confrontation-free Mafia site? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Scotty wrote: Question for DFaraday: if Matt were a baddie, you say it is statistically more likely that he targeted the Joker? This would mean he is Tony Zucco and blocked the Joker. How is that statistically more likely?
Unless you really meant Matt is likely an independent. Not a baddie.

I said baddie/Inmate. Statistically, he's more likely to be one of those in that scenario. However, with Enrique doing a complete 180 I don't know what to think.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Enrique wrote:I'm just gonna say, Mac, Scotty called it.
Are you referring to him saying Dom is frustrated or something else?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I'm sure he'd find it hilarious.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dat poll end time tho
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Enrique wrote:I'm sure he'd find it hilarious.
Oh you're answering my "which is" question. Okay.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

juliets wrote:Lorab I'm inclined to vote Nero or MP if that makes a difference in your decision.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

So

So who?

So I'm not against an MP lynch really, but do we really want to lynch the guy that just asked everyone to respect each other? :(
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sig and nero... Sig, the ultimate in mislynch meta and nero who I've never played with before. Both ping me for different reasons.

Sig - Well, I am seeing an unusually thorough sig. He's held together. Usually civ sig is a little more mealy mouthed lol. His responses to being put under threat here are a little alarming.
Nerolunar - There was the thing on day 1 where he tried to jump in on the Turnip Head suspicion and when TH growled at him he backed off all like "lol jks bra" and tbh that is arguably the most surface scummy thing that has occurred. Coupled with Matt wanting him lynched...

I think I'd endorse Nero being lynched over sig.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Matt wrote:
juliets wrote:Lorab I'm inclined to vote Nero or MP if that makes a difference in your decision.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

So

So who?

So I'm not against an MP lynch really, but do we really want to lynch the guy that just asked everyone to respect each other? :(
lol Matt, i hadn't thought about it that way. I'm leaning more toward taking that leap of faith today.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

I'm leaning towards a leap of faith too juliets. Are you leaning towards the same one I am (nero)?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't understand why people want to lynch sig. I feel like he is very towny-ish.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote:I'm leaning towards a leap of faith too juliets. Are you leaning towards the same one I am (nero)?
Yes, i am.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Post by sig »

LoRab wrote:This post cricks my eyeball:
sig wrote:I don't understand the Breaking Bad hype? The characters are annoying though I'd like to play a mafia game based around it so I could help get rid of the annoying characters :P

So I skimmed over Wilgy's posts. One possibly role hint which I doubt and then his rainbow list.
DrWilgy wrote:Based soley on result of yesterdays lynch, I wouldn't try to lynch Scotty again btw. (Still 900 posts behind. Still think TH is a badewd.)

I suppose a "thoughts at this point rainbow" may be needed before EoN. I may not be here.
Scotty
Zebra
Mac

Everyone else
Dom
Bea
TH
So he might not have been a priority player to be lynched again today, but what are the chances he was killed for being on the right track? I'm not putting much stake in this at all and I wouldn't even use this as a reason to vote for someone but I think it is worth bringing up.
What I find really interesting is that he was almost lynched then NK'd. I think someone really wanted to get rid of Wilgy.

Which also adds to the idea he at some point mentioned a mafia member and that they are hoping that in killing him it will be forgotten.
It seems like too much speculation about the motivation that mafia might have had for the kill--and setting people up for a lynch, based on that speculation. Also, that it neglects to mention that mafia could have been trying to set someone up for a lynch, points to this idea.

I am voting shortly. I had said I was going to try to find the post that made me :eye: sig in the longer post I lost the other day. So, here it is.

Pondering between sig and nero. Still suspish of Bubbles, but this lynch is too close to put a statement vote on someone. And I do think Matt is civ, as I said yesterday, and don't want him voted out (however much he insists on taking a separate line for every piece of the knock knock joke, and his refusal to answer questions and address things when asked).
What do you think about the fact that MP talked about Wilgy more then I did? I mentioned it yes however, I didn't focus on it after the first portion of the phase, nor did I actually pursue anyone who he named.
I brought it up as a possibility for his death, at a time when we were talking about why Wilgy was killed. This seems like a weird reason to vote for me, since I talked about a reason for someones death, recall the other time I did this was in World Reborn (I believe) and a group of people decided to bandwagon me for it, they were wrong I wasn't mafia then and I'm not mafia know for mentioning him

linki: Mac you do realize I'm being hounded for something I said day 1 and for speculating about Wilgy? Both are things that happen to me when I'm civ, when I'm mafia I get caught out eventually for good reasons, as a civ I always get lynched for stuff like this. ALso how are my responses alarming?
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

In fact, I'm going to go ahead and vote nero.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Enrique, does your change of heart on Matt have anything to do with Nero or Sig? Has your suspicion of anyone else grown, or has just your suspicion of Matt decreased?

I'm feeling dumb that I haven't figured out what you're alluding to, so I'm trying to find something to work with here.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Matt wrote:But do we really want to lynch the guy that just asked everyone to respect each other? :(
No.

I'll be honest, there is a part of me that wants to lynch based on making the thread a friendlier place. My competitive desire prevents me. But I'm really over the lack of respect.
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Bubbles »

soo i looked over matt's posts since he is the most voted right now, and i don't see it, don't think he is bad. suspicious of people who voted for him, gonna throw my own vote in for nero
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I followed juliets. So barely here that I may as well just go with it. I hope it was the right move.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Nothing to do with Nero or sig, but I'm conflicted about Nero. If Matt is being truthful and that's all he has on Nero, well.. it's not a lot. sig is my favorite option but at this point I'm down for any of the options that aren't Matt.
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DFaraday wrote:Enrique, does your change of heart on Matt have anything to do with Nero or Sig? Has your suspicion of anyone else grown, or has just your suspicion of Matt decreased?

I'm feeling dumb that I haven't figured out what you're alluding to, so I'm trying to find something to work with here.
He refuses to say just believe him cuz reasons it would be dangerous to say like super dangerous. So just trust him and Not lynch Matt since it would be bad like super bad. just let the mafia kill him tonight.

What about this theory Enrique is bad, knows Matt will flip good and then he will be next so he tries to stop the Matt lynch since then it is less likely that he Enrique will get lynched. Thoughts?
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

False, but you're free to believe whatever you want.
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 389

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:I think it's worth asking because maybe Dom's right. Do I ruin every game I play in?
No, that honor goes to me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:Knock knock.

Who's there?

Mac

Mac who?

Mac, even before we were teamies in GoC and even after you wanted me policy lynched, I've thought you to be one of the most fun players on this site derp
I concur.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LoRab wrote:
MacDougall wrote:FYI being made "insane" in Mafia role land, is having your targeting ability messed with...

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Sanities

Not to mention having a role in the game that amounts to "if you are targeted the player who targets you advertises it to the thread via posting like a retard" and that role being anti-town is a joke.
It's been said already, but that's not the usage of the term in this mafia realm. In 8 years of playing on this and its mafia-cousin-sites, I have never heard the term used that way. So, while it is possible that they switched things up in order to screw with us, I don't think it's likely that they would make a role description mean something totally different from what the vast majority of players understand it to mean.

That said, you raise a good point with it not making sense for it to be so obvious. Same reason that I speculated that perhaps the joker's role secrets include the ability to insanify. Or, as you point out, the possibility that there is a failsafe for the person who targeted the joker naming their target.

Also, I respectfully request that you not use the word retard or retarded--it is offensive.
Here's another example of Epignosis giving one of his roles the ability to "make insane" another player.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Knock knock.

Who's there?

In

In who?

In case there's a silly lynch switch, I'd prefer to be third in votes, and also if such a thing occurs, please look squarely at Enrique. :ninja:

Linki

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Golden

Golden who?

Golden, I don't think lynching anyone would make the thread a friendlier place, just make each of us a little lonelier, but unfortunately the deed has to be done.
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

FWIW I like playing with both of you. I don't mind butting heads, I know it's a game.
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

sig wrote:
DFaraday wrote:Enrique, does your change of heart on Matt have anything to do with Nero or Sig? Has your suspicion of anyone else grown, or has just your suspicion of Matt decreased?

He refuses to say just believe him cuz reasons it would be dangerous to say like super dangerous. So just trust him and Not lynch Matt since it would be bad like super bad. just let the mafia kill him tonight.

What about this theory Enrique is bad, knows Matt will flip good and then he will be next so he tries to stop the Matt lynch since then it is less likely that he Enrique will get lynched. Thoughts?
I don't buy that, the point of being a baddie is to get civvies lynched. I doubt a bad Enrique would push hard for a Matt lynch then backpedal to avoid any suspicion on himself.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I really dislike this Nero thing as I still don't see a good reason to lynch him, this entire day has been ALL about Matt/Enrique and know neither is getting lynched and Enrique throws the lynch onto a new player who isn't even here. So what are we going to have another full day of Matt vs someone? The mafia will love it won't they.
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I am shocked that people are choosing to vote for Nerolunar - a player who none of us are very familiar with - over sig, who is clearly demonstrating his baddie meta moreso than his civ meta, and who has openly advocated what the host has said is not in our best interest, even voicing suspecion (and because of this, pressured) of those who didn't follow his lead. I don't see how anything Nerolunar has done tops this, especially since we are unfamiliar with his meta.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I think it's worth asking because maybe Dom's right. Do I ruin every game I play in?
I know someone who ruins every game they play in and luckily they do not use this site. You guys are pippi longstocking compared to this person. No, you do not ruin games.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

juliets wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
I know someone who ruins every game they play in and luckily they do not use this site. You guys are pippi longstocking compared to this person. No, you do not ruin games.
Thank you juliets. :hugs:
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Nero was here when I threw it at both of you.

I think it would make the baddies much happier to have a civvie lynched.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:I am shocked that people are choosing to vote for Nerolunar - a player who none of us are very familiar with - over sig, who is clearly demonstrating his baddie meta moreso than his civ meta, and who has openly advocated what the host has said is not in our best interest, even voicing suspecion (and because of this, pressured) of those who didn't follow his lead. I don't see how anything Nerolunar has done tops this, especially since we are unfamiliar with his meta.
You and Golden should chat. Apparently he sees obvious civ sig, while you claim to see obvious baddie sig.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I am shocked that people are choosing to vote for Nerolunar - a player who none of us are very familiar with - over sig, who is clearly demonstrating his baddie meta moreso than his civ meta, and who has openly advocated what the host has said is not in our best interest, even voicing suspecion (and because of this, pressured) of those who didn't follow his lead. I don't see how anything Nerolunar has done tops this, especially since we are unfamiliar with his meta.
You and Golden should chat. Apparently he sees obvious civ sig, while you claim to see obvious baddie sig.
What do you see?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Only had 300 posts left to catch up on, big post and everything half written too :disappoint:
Reminds me of that time when some asshole nightkilled me in Star Wars when I was three-quarters finished with an ISO of everyone's interactions with a single player. :disappoint:
Hey this was me not Wilgy. I even asked to apologize to you as a private message but I wasn't allowed to since it was possible you would replace back in the game.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Bubbles wrote:soo i looked over matt's posts since he is the most voted right now, and i don't see it, don't think he is bad. suspicious of people who voted for him, gonna throw my own vote in for nero
Welcome to the thread, Bubbles.

This post and vote is shady as hell.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Only had 300 posts left to catch up on, big post and everything half written too :disappoint:
Reminds me of that time when some asshole nightkilled me in Star Wars when I was three-quarters finished with an ISO of everyone's interactions with a single player. :disappoint:
Hey this was me not Wilgy. I even asked to apologize to you as a private message but I wasn't allowed to since it was possible you would replace back in the game.
Oh I know! I actually forgot that Wilgy was on your team. That wasn't directed at him. :)

But since the player I was ISO'ing didn't know his baddie partners anyway, my ISO might not have mattered much.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
What do you see?
Nothing. :( I'm behind and trying to catch up.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

sig wrote:
LoRab wrote:This post cricks my eyeball:

Scotty
Zebra
Mac

Everyone else
Dom
Bea
TH

What do you think about the fact that MP talked about Wilgy more then I did? I mentioned it yes however, I didn't focus on it after the first portion of the phase, nor did I actually pursue anyone who he named.
I brought it up as a possibility for his death, at a time when we were talking about why Wilgy was killed. This seems like a weird reason to vote for me, since I talked about a reason for someones death, recall the other time I did this was in World Reborn (I believe) and a group of people decided to bandwagon me for it, they were wrong I wasn't mafia then and I'm not mafia know for mentioning him
Different kind ofmentioning. He was theorizing also, yes, but you said, a few times that Wilgy must have been on the right track and named someone who is mafia, and even quoted his rainbow list. It just seemed like you were pushing people towards suspecting those folks. And baddies often don't do the dirty work of the bandwagon (that's why it's called a bandwagon)--they plant the seeds and let the civies actually purue people. I think you could have been laying seeds here.
Bubbles wrote:soo i looked over matt's posts since he is the most voted right now, and i don't see it, don't think he is bad. suspicious of people who voted for him, gonna throw my own vote in for nero
Care to explain your last post, which I've asked in the thread about several times?

Or are you just coming in, looking at the poll, reading someone's posts who has the most votes (and not the discussion about them), and deciding based on that?

And so you haven't seen me accuse you of making a really odd post that I really don't see how it could have come from an honest place.

Why Nero? Is that what your teammates told you to do?

That said, I'm voting Nero, as well.

linkitis: @Scotty: I'm not the only one seeing it, then?
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

I do have a bit of suspicion of Nero, but it seems like a lot of people are just jumping on him because it's convenient, which is seeming shady to me. If anything, Sig's recent comments are making me feel worse about him (I had no real opinion of him before).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Scotty wrote:
Welcome to the thread, Bubbles.

This post and vote is shady as hell.
Have you played with Bubbles before? She is the queen of shady vote posts, it means nothing when it comes to her alignment.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
What do you see?
Nothing. :( I'm behind and trying to catch up.
I see.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DFaraday wrote:
I do have a bit of suspicion of Nero, but it seems like a lot of people are just jumping on him because it's convenient, which is seeming shady to me. If anything, Sig's recent comments are making me feel worse about him (I had no real opinion of him before).
I completely agree that people seem to be jumping on Nero out of convenience and I don't like that either one bit.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

LoRab wrote: Or are you just coming in, looking at the poll, reading someone's posts who has the most votes (and not the discussion about them), and deciding based on that?

And so you haven't seen me accuse you of making a really odd post that I really don't see how it could have come from an honest place.

Why Nero? Is that what your teammates told you to do?

That said, I'm voting Nero, as well.
What you're talking about here is literally what you just did.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

How am I showing my baddie meta? ALSO what is really funny whenever I try to use my meta to defend myself or anything like that. I get shouted down by you and Enrique for using WIFOM etc, so know your solo trying to lynch me for thinking you see my baddie meta which you don't? AGAIN why would mafia Sig be stupid enough to argue for sharing information and then keep arguing for it? Your completely hung up on this. Look at my other posts form a real case then get back to me. Which you can't do since I'm not mafia and have been trying to hunt mafia all game.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”