Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Turnip Head »

Zebra, how can something be indicative of baddie behavior if you can't identify a baddie motive for it? :confused:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

MacDougall wrote:Strange SVS that you would choose that specific comment as a segue to introducing yourself to this conversation.
I was replying to an answer he made to me. So I was already in this conversation. And have been most of the afternoon.

Linki, I am not critical of an open mind, but that just seems kinda out there.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:linki @ Golden - I'm always suspicious of people demanding motive in order for a suspicion to be considered valid. For one, a lot of baddie reveals lack a motive because they weren't intended. Hell, no baddie tell is intended from a baddie. Two, just because the motive is unknown doesn't mean that the evidence from the thread is voided as being indicative of baddie behavior. I will never understand how not knowing an exact motive is required to be pinged by another player. Three, often baddies knowingly do things with no clear motive so that they can ask what the motive was to deflect suspicion. In this case Turnip Head is letting everyone else do that for him while he pats them on the back by joining them in the mockery. Sometimes the apparent lack of motive is the motive. See how it's working? You've even got some players such as S~V~S suspecting Turnip Head less than they were before simply because this "oh yeah well what's my motive ehhh" is actually working.
So you think TH fake claimed a civilian role, without any intention behind it?

How is that any different to exactly what his explanation is. You are against the idea he did it for fun.

I don't expect people to know the motive, but I at least expect them to have a rational potential one. Putting it another one, you say it is indicative of baddie behaviour. Why is it indicative of baddie behaviour? You've never seen a gambit from a civilian?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:I mean seriously, I say that I'm pro-town so I must be hinting at being Alfred. I genuinely have no fucking idea how that makes any shred of sense.
Pro-town characters.

Batman
Robin
Alfred
Bane
Two-Face
Mr Freeze

One of these is something that is more likely to be soft claimed than others.

I am not saying you were, I am saying that my initial impression was "is that what you are doing".

As it apparently is not, what are you saying with your poem?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:linki @ Golden - I'm always suspicious of people demanding motive in order for a suspicion to be considered valid. For one, a lot of baddie reveals lack a motive because they weren't intended. Hell, no baddie tell is intended from a baddie. Two, just because the motive is unknown doesn't mean that the evidence from the thread is voided as being indicative of baddie behavior. I will never understand how not knowing an exact motive is required to be pinged by another player. Three, often baddies knowingly do things with no clear motive so that they can ask what the motive was to deflect suspicion. In this case Turnip Head is letting everyone else do that for him while he pats them on the back by joining them in the mockery. Sometimes the apparent lack of motive is the motive. See how it's working? You've even got some players such as S~V~S suspecting Turnip Head less than they were before simply because this "oh yeah well what's my motive ehhh" is actually working.

How is that any different to exactly what his explanation is. You are against the idea he did it for fun.

I don't expect people to know the motive, but I at least expect them to have a rational potential one. Putting it another one, you say it is indicative of baddie behaviour. Why is it indicative of baddie behaviour? You've never seen a gambit from a civilian?
You've never seen a baddie false role claim?
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 389

Post by a2thezebra »

Turnip Head wrote:Zebra, how can something be indicative of baddie behavior if you can't identify a baddie motive for it? :confused:
Disingenuous behavior. Opportunistic behavior. Manipulative behavior. My entire civ game is based in looking for baddie behavior whether I can identify a motive or not. Don't even act like you don't know this or that you and everyone else doesn't do it either.

The irony that I even have to explain all that is that I gave a likely motive for your hinting at being Alfred. To pass as a confirmed civ role and cruise through the game! Golden responding mainly to Enrique instead of me because Enrique is less sure than I am about what the motive is pings me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:Sometimes the apparent lack of motive is the motive. See how it's working? You've even got some players such as S~V~S suspecting Turnip Head less than they were before simply because this "oh yeah well what's my motive ehhh" is actually working.
OK, but doing something very visible like claiming a role is going to draw attention. So your theory is that TH would deliberately set out to draw attention by claiming a role that it could be demonstrated he doesn't have (and that he doesn't, since you consider it an absolute that he is not Alfred), and his motive for doing so would be so that people would suspect him, but then he could wave off that suspicion by saying 'whats the motive'?

In that case, why not just avoid the suspicious activity and never take the heat for it in the first place?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:

You've never seen a baddie false role claim?
Of course I have, but I'm not the one arguing that there is only one viable way to look at this. I think it could be either.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Zebra, how can something be indicative of baddie behavior if you can't identify a baddie motive for it? :confused:
Disingenuous
:| :| :| :| :|

:overreact:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

a2thezebra wrote:
Disingenuous behavior. Opportunistic behavior. Manipulative behavior. My entire civ game is based in looking for baddie behavior whether I can identify a motive or not. Don't even act like you don't know this or that you and everyone else doesn't do it either.

The irony that I even have to explain all that is that I gave a likely motive for your hinting at being Alfred. To pass as a confirmed civ role and cruise through the game! Golden responding mainly to Enrique instead of me because Enrique is less sure than I am about what the motive is pings me.
Yeah but if I did that my entire cover falls apart if Matt is ever revealed to not be Batman. The risk outweighs the reward.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:

How would he successfully pass as a confirmed civ role? All it takes for it to fail was Matt to say 'I'm not Batman'. Of all the potential civilian roles to cruise through the game with, he would pick the one that could be obviously disproved?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'd like to know why you take issue with Golden saying that SVS. Do you find it suspicious? If not, what are you playing at engaging this line of discussion?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Disingenuous

This overreaction is disingenuous.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I mean seriously, I say that I'm pro-town so I must be hinting at being Alfred. I genuinely have no fucking idea how that makes any shred of sense.
Pro-town characters.

Batman
Robin
Alfred
Bane
Two-Face
Mr Freeze

One of these is something that is more likely to be soft claimed than others.

I am not saying you were, I am saying that my initial impression was "is that what you are doing".

As it apparently is not, what are you saying with your poem?
Try again, there are more potentially pro-town characters than that. I can't say what I'm doing with the poem directly because of Rule 3. I appreciate your effort to understand though.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Disingenuous

Nah I'm role claiming Alfred.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Disingenuous

Nah I'm role claiming Alfred.
Oh, my apologies, I take it back. That makes perfect sense.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

Yeah but if I did that my entire cover falls apart if Matt is ever revealed to not be Batman. The risk outweighs the reward.
Like I told you before and you ignored me, you've got that backwards.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

And you know it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

bea wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I have a prediction:

I will receive the most votes d3. Then zebra will receive the most votes d4. Then the town will mourn because both phases will have been wasting our time.

If you all are truly open-minded, I think you'll lynch MM tomorrow instead. :nicenod:
Unless I missed it, this is your first mention of newt. Why should we lynch him tomorrow?
Chaos posting, I was just kidding around; wanted to see what he'd say. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom, thanks for responding, by the way. :beer:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

Why does he have it backwards?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

I ignored you because I have no idea what you mean.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
bea wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I have a prediction:

I will receive the most votes d3. Then zebra will receive the most votes d4. Then the town will mourn because both phases will have been wasting our time.

If you all are truly open-minded, I think you'll lynch MM tomorrow instead. :nicenod:
Unless I missed it, this is your first mention of newt. Why should we lynch him tomorrow?
Because it is town-meta MP to want to lynch me at some point during a game. :P
LOL, now that's true!
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

How would he successfully pass as a confirmed civ role? All it takes for it to fail was Matt to say 'I'm not Batman'. Of all the potential civilian roles to cruise through the game with, he would pick the one that could be obviously disproved?
You're not making any sense. Not only does his plan not fail if Matt says that he isn't Batman, Matt saying that he isn't Batman is his only chance of getting away with it. If Matt just happens to actually be Batman, then, and only then, his plan falls through completely.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MacDougall wrote:I'd like to know why you take issue with Golden saying that SVS. Do you find it suspicious? If not, what are you playing at engaging this line of discussion?
I think he is pushing the TH=not bad options and downplaying the TH=bad options. That strikes me as questionable. Which is why I am questioning it. I want him to explain it to me in a way I can understand it. Whenpeople do that, it goes far towards making me see their point.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Also, y'all should read my posts after you lynch me. This thread needs more legacy.
:srsnod:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:I am neither a baddie nor an admitted one. Conceding my lynch is not the same thing. I want to concede my lynch because my lynch is inevitable after your analysis of my behavior with Nerolunar, and it might as well happen now since MP has asked for a replacement and can't get one. However, I am pro-town. If days often negate themselves gloriously in very "ethical" absolutes, forget understanding careless killings if for inside - within all silly alignment negotiations is no man allocated to ending idiotic wastes - a sunken portrait regurgitates open tangents, owning what not favors opiate, reminded may your every nanobot tighten its rectum endlessly. Run until no albatross nannies! Don't dispute, obey! Never tell look every town and not you, one not ever convince Odin not violently, instead nihilism castrates everyone. Yonder often undermines omens, to hell! Exit recklessly without integrity...some eternity..
You are saying a whole bunch of nothing and trying to get us to believe there is meaning appropriated to it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

No. What zebra said is this.

"I don't give a fuck if I was an inmate I was pro-town for my entire run and don't let anyone tell you otherwise"
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

So rather than ask me what I mean and get a better idea of why I suspect you (you know...have an open mind and all that) in the hopes that you could properly defend yourself, convince me that I'm wrong, and we can all go about hunting baddies in harmony together, instad you ignore me and continue to mock a position that you don't even understand.

Do you see this shit Golden? This is the one you're siding with in this conflict?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

You're not making any sense. Not only does his plan not fail if Matt says that he isn't Batman, Matt saying that he isn't Batman is his only chance of getting away with it. If Matt just happens to actually be Batman, then, and only then, his plan falls through completely.
I really don't think I'm the one who has this backwards.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:So I'm a baddie who put this nutso plan into action on Day 0 and put all my chips on Matt not claiming Batman.

Hot damn, I can't believe I even made it to Night 2! :wiz:
If it makes you feel any better, while Enrique has turned into me, I have turned into a reasonable person and no longer sus you.
Haha, what a twist! :biggrin:
LOL, this is the best catch up yet.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

So rather than ask me what I mean and get a better idea of why I suspect you (you know...have an open mind and all that) in the hopes that you could properly defend yourself, convince me that I'm wrong, and we can all go about hunting baddies in harmony together, instad you ignore me and continue to mock a position that you don't even understand.

Do you see this shit Golden? This is the one you're siding with in this conflict?
I'm not 'siding with' TH, zebra, and if you think I am I think you are misunderstanding things just as much as anyone else.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I am neither a baddie nor an admitted one. Conceding my lynch is not the same thing. I want to concede my lynch because my lynch is inevitable after your analysis of my behavior with Nerolunar, and it might as well happen now since MP has asked for a replacement and can't get one. However, I am pro-town. If days often negate themselves gloriously in very "ethical" absolutes, forget understanding careless killings if for inside - within all silly alignment negotiations is no man allocated to ending idiotic wastes - a sunken portrait regurgitates open tangents, owning what not favors opiate, reminded may your every nanobot tighten its rectum endlessly. Run until no albatross nannies! Don't dispute, obey! Never tell look every town and not you, one not ever convince Odin not violently, instead nihilism castrates everyone. Yonder often undermines omens, to hell! Exit recklessly without integrity...some eternity..
You are saying a whole bunch of nothing and trying to get us to believe there is meaning appropriated to it.
Okay Mac, next time you put a ton of effort into trying to co-operate with other people I'm just going to call it a whole bunch of nothing. If you think that's unfair, I'll just quote this post and show it to you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:No. What zebra said is this.

"I don't give a fuck if I was an inmate I was pro-town for my entire run and don't let anyone tell you otherwise"
I think she's just trying to convince us not to lynch her by using reverse psychology and pretending not to care...
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:So I'm a baddie who put this nutso plan into action on Day 0 and put all my chips on Matt not claiming Batman.

If it makes you feel any better, while Enrique has turned into me, I have turned into a reasonable person and no longer sus you.
It seriously is. Today has been awesomesauce.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:a2thezebra claimed Alfred SHE IS NOT ALFRED LET'S LYNCH HER
:srsnod:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Okay Mac, next time you put a ton of effort into trying to co-operate with other people I'm just going to call it a whole bunch of nothing. If you think that's unfair, I'll just quote this post and show it to you.
This post, is a whole bunch of nothing, all your other posts... are not. All your other posts... are cooperation. This post, is a smokescreen. This post at best is a riddle that we're not meant to be able to solve.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

My eyes have rolled all the way back to a different realm.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

I'm not 'siding with' TH, zebra, and if you think I am I think you are misunderstanding things just as much as anyone else.
When you say that I'm not having an open mind because I'm not considering objectively false interpretations, and you see TH's point when there is none, you make it pretty easy for me to misunderstand you. That is assuming that you are in fact not siding with him. I mean do you not have any opinion whatsoever on what I just pointed out in the post you're responding to here? Is the only thing you have to say really just trying to make sure that I don't think you're on his side? You realize that that's going to have the opposite effect when you have no comment on his shady content, right?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
This post, is a whole bunch of nothing, all your other posts... are not. All your other posts... are cooperation. This post, is a smokescreen. This post at best is a riddle that we're not meant to be able to solve.
But I solved it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Golden just showed you the riddle in its solved form and you still have the nerve to say this?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
I'm with Mac here.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
But I solved it.
Did you though?
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

Winning strategy: respond to every post with "what do you mean by that?" or "you're not saying anything."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:

It seriously is. Today has been awesomesauce.
The fact that you just used awesomesauce in regular conversation makes it even better. :D
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Enrique wrote:Winning strategy: respond to every post with "what do you mean by that?" or "you're not saying anything."
What do you mean by that?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:No. What zebra said is this.

I think she's just trying to convince us not to lynch her by using reverse psychology and pretending not to care...
This is bullshit, by the way. I've advocated my lynch more than anyone else, even though you've ignored it (which is shown by asking me if I'm conceding my lynch earlier when I had already said so directly multiple times to multiple people) so I am not pretending to not care. And that's not because I genuinely don't care, that's because I genuinely do. I want to be lynched tomorrow.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Enrique wrote:Winning strategy: respond to every post with "what do you mean by that?" or "you're not saying anything."
You're not saying anything.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You start a conversation, you can't even finish it
You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything
When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
Say something once, why say it again?

PSYCHO KILLER
QU'EST-CE QUE C'EST
FA FA FA FA FA FA FA FA FA FA
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

a2thezebra wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
You're not saying anything.
Why do we fall?

Return to “Previous Jobs”