Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:TH do you want to be my friend? (again)
I never wanted to stop my dude
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DrWilgy »

Rezz plz :beer:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

Golden wrote:Matt, if you are able to, could you please just post in a normal post without looking like a slight maniac.

Ekeknat, hang in there.
Do not deny to him that you love me. :pout:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip Head wrote:
Enrique wrote:TH do you want to be my friend? (again)
I never wanted to stop my dude
Indeed, I should have asked you that before.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 2]

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote:I think sig and nero are both reasonable candidates and wouldn't actually mind seeing either of them flip. But, I would like it to be based on something more than DharmaHelper blatantly inviting lurkers to drive by vote whoever he says to.
MacDougall wrote:Sig and nero... Sig, the ultimate in mislynch meta and nero who I've never played with before. Both ping me for different reasons.

Sig - Well, I am seeing an unusually thorough sig. He's held together. Usually civ sig is a little more mealy mouthed lol. His responses to being put under threat here are a little alarming.
Nerolunar - There was the thing on day 1 where he tried to jump in on the Turnip Head suspicion and when TH growled at him he backed off all like "lol jks bra" and tbh that is arguably the most surface scummy thing that has occurred. Coupled with Matt wanting him lynched...

I think I'd endorse Nero being lynched over sig.
MacDougall wrote:Nero is a good lynch today imo. Y'all should just go watch some TV or something and wait for the outcome.
The timing of these posts made my opinion rather crucial for encouraging the avalanche of nero votes. I ain't no nero teammate. I endorsed his lynch over sig's and people listened to me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:Pretty solid post there TH
I thought nero was pretty cool on day 0. The moment he cast that weird dispersion on Turnip Head my opinion changed. It might look bad, but I assure you there is no credence for it. Just because I didn't vote for nero doesn't mean I wasn't crucial to the lynch. I started campaigning for him to be the lynch when he had fewer votes than Matt. If I was a teammate I would not have done such things.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:
I thought nero was pretty cool on day 0. The moment he cast that weird dispersion on Turnip Head my opinion changed. It might look bad, but I assure you there is no credence for it. Just because I didn't vote for nero doesn't mean I wasn't crucial to the lynch. I started campaigning for him to be the lynch when he had fewer votes than Matt. If I was a teammate I would not have done such things.
Nay, that's not so.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Sig and nero... Sig, the ultimate in mislynch meta and nero who I've never played with before. Both ping me for different reasons.

Sig - Well, I am seeing an unusually thorough sig. He's held together. Usually civ sig is a little more mealy mouthed lol. His responses to being put under threat here are a little alarming.
Nerolunar - There was the thing on day 1 where he tried to jump in on the Turnip Head suspicion and when TH growled at him he backed off all like "lol jks bra" and tbh that is arguably the most surface scummy thing that has occurred. Coupled with Matt wanting him lynched...

This is the first indication that Mac thinks the thing I mentioned on Day 1 was "the most surface scummy thing that has occurred". But Mac never votes for Nero on the basis of that and never interrogates Nero the way he had me for the "we" thing.
MacDougall wrote:Nero is a good lynch today imo. Y'all should just go watch some TV or something and wait for the outcome.
Nero had 7 votes at this point and there was about an hour and a half left. Weird post.
MacDougall wrote:Reveal that not civvie plz.
MacDougall wrote:Reveal dat Catwoman or someshit
This bravado rings false. The Catwoman thing seems like an allusion to the fact that Matt thought Nero was the Riddler, and Enrique thought Nero was the Joker. To me it feels like Mac knew Nero would flip mafia against the evidence, and while he wanted to sound confident he also wanted to poke fun at the conspiracy theories.
The first quote here I made when Nero had 2 or 3 votes on him. I didn't vote for nero because I voted for Bullzeye. I would have voted for nero at that point had I had my vote.

A lot of your explanations require leaps of logic that are more easily explained. Here it is.

I liked the cut of nero's jib early on in the game. His posts seemed like genuine attempts to find bad guys. That "was weird" post where I replied to you, was me recognising the same thing you did. It remained in the back of my mind, but at that time I was pretty adamant you were bad, and for some time after that I entertained the idea that you and he were possibly temmates.

When it became apparent that Matt was not going to be lynched, which I didn't want to occur because I didn't buy the case, I had already had a run in with Bullzeye, who I voted for admittedly probably too suddenly, for what I perceived as fueling the flames of a mislynch of Matt with sideline commentary. I simply wanted discussion, my retort to DharmaHelper was a request for discourse on the subject of who should be lynched between sig and nero. I then backed up my request by offering my opinion, which was nero should be lynched.

I then after his lynch attempted to find his teammates, and believe I did find one, who is now did. Joyous.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Nay, that's not so.
Yes, it is. My first suggestion nero should have been lynched over sig was before he surpassed you in votes I assure you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorry who is now dead, not did lol.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:
Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Nay, that's not so.
Yes, it is. My first suggestion nero should have been lynched over sig was before he surpassed you in votes I assure you.
I know not, sir.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Nay, that's not so.
I know not, sir.
Okay if you say so, I vividly recall it to be the case though. What makes you think otherwise?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:
Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Nay, that's not so.
I know not, sir.
Okay if you say so, I vividly recall it to be the case though. What makes you think otherwise?
Why, may one ask?
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 2]

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:I followed juliets. So barely here that I may as well just go with it. I hope it was the right move.
Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:24 am - Golden is the fourth vote on nero, bringing him level with Matt.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:16 am - 8 minutes beforehand.

So eat a dick Matt.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you want to vote for me after I've shown you that I publicly endorsed nero's lynch when the situation was very much in the balance, be my guest.

You're lynching a civilian. None of this pro-town shit.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:If you want to vote for me after I've shown you that I publicly endorsed nero's lynch when the situation was very much in the balance, be my guest.

Do you quarrel, sir?
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:If you want to vote for me after I've shown you that I publicly endorsed nero's lynch when the situation was very much in the balance, be my guest.

Do you quarrel, sir?
Yes. I quarrel when people make shit up to discredit me.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:
Matt wrote:

Do you quarrel, sir?
Yes. I quarrel when people make shit up to discredit me.
Ay, if I know the letters and the language. :eek:
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ah but when *I* publicly endorsed a Nero lynch, it was a different story eh?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:

Ah but when *I* publicly endorsed a Nero lynch, it was a different story eh?
Show me where I disputed that you contributed to his lynch?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm sorry, I'm tired. That was Matt.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Be careful or you'll contribute to mislynching a civilian with thoughtless comments like that.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote:Be careful or you'll contribute to mislynching a civilian with thoughtless comments like that.
Time to stop mafiaing at 2:30 AM :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'd much rather lynch MP FWIW

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Be careful or you'll contribute to mislynching a civilian with thoughtless comments like that.
A thousand times goodnight!!! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
So why you trying to discredit me with lies?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:
Matt wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Stop there, stop there. :confused2:
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Matt wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
You said that I didn't say nero should be lynched before he had more votes than you. I showed you proof that I did. Why did you lie about it?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also I have been sick as fuck today so for this to happen now is lame. I have a headache and my face is on fire. Leave me alone.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:
Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Matt wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
You said that I didn't say nero should be lynched before he had more votes than you. I showed you proof that I did. Why did you lie about it?
If you be he, sir, I desire some confidence with you.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Matt wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
If you be he, sir, I desire some confidence with you.
Okay you are definitely Riddler.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

Hello nubs.
I should actually have some time to play today, hooray for me. Tomorrow I'm starting a new job, dunno how much mafia'ing I can get done there.

Who wants to give me cliffnotes for the last 20 pages?

I see Zebra died.
Someone said she could have been Ra's and wanted to get lynched to have Wilgy be rezzed or something?
No mafia kill because of a block (?)

Did I miss something?
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

I am not sure I understand the R'as thing. I was hoping to have it explained like I was in Kindergarten. I just read/skimmed most of the 200+ posts since the night post, and I am none the wiser.

Some of the names and reasons for potential Nero teammates are confusing to me. Sometimes things really ARE what they seem, so not sure why everything has to be bussing all the time. Sometimes you suspect someone, AREN'T their teammate and you vote for them and try to get them lynched. This still happens, right?

And is MP doing this on his own, or was he Penguined or what?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

Also, who did Zebra vote for?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

S~V~S wrote: Some of the names and reasons for potential Nero teammates are confusing to me. Sometimes things really ARE what they seem, so not sure why everything has to be bussing all the time. Sometimes you suspect someone, AREN'T their teammate and you vote for them and try to get them lynched. This still happens, right?
This is quite vague. Which ones would you consider confusing?
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:BONUS POINT:

On Day 1 Mac made a big hooplah about me going "out of my way" to use the word "we" when referring to civilians. He kept attacking me throughout Night 1, and while I responded with as much patience and tact as I could, the dialogue eventually reached this point:
MacDougall wrote:I don't find your play shitty at all. I find it suspicious. I think that you have just been caught embellishing your opinion which makes me feel like you are mafia. I don't think it's a reflection on the quality of your play.

I am just trying to discover whether you are Mafia. I don't want to upset you. I'm trying to be tactful tbh.
I would clarify that Mac was not upsetting me in my very next post, but not before Mac snuck this in:
MacDougall wrote:It's funny, I never upset people when I case them when I am mafia. When I am town I drive people nuts. If you want some insight into my meta here it is hahaha.
Without even waiting to see if I had been upset by his behavior, he characterizes his play in this way. He went out of his way to say he was playing to his "town meta" without waiting to see from me if what he was saying was even true.

Go back and look at the discussion, it starts before this post and continues shortly thereafter. Mac got excited to make a point about his meta and couldn't wait to say it.

Damn.... that's a good point. Especially this bonus point.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Enrique wrote:I want to hear something from Bullz.

TH too.
What do you want to hear from me? I'd offer a song but I've come down with the flu so it'd be a crap one. My throat is raw af and I can't stop coughing. Get back to me in a week or so when I'm over it.

But seriously I find it weak to say "I want to hear from you" void of context because there are a ton of things you might want to hear from me so it'd be nice to know exactly what you want my opinion on. I was planning on saying the following things anyway:

As far as night stuff goes, I don't particularly see much reason to think TH was hinting at being Alfred since a bunch of other people asked that same question. Before a big deal was made over it I just thought it was a running joke.

I don't think Matt is Batman. I don't think he's bad right now but I don't think he's Batman.

I agree that it's weird MP can claim to not have time to get involved but still have time to make over 200 posts. I think he's probably been blackmailed today as well.

I'm kinda surprised and also not surprised at Zebra's death. She did basically imply she was an Arkham inmate with her weird poem thing. Would've preferred to find out which one though so we could assess whether or not she really was pro-civs as she claimed.
Enrique wrote:
Golden wrote:
Enrique wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I'm sure Enrique is about to bless us with a huge "sig is bad" post that he may or may not go back on two and a half hours before EoD
He is my number one suspect, but I'm considering an MP vote as well. I think the Mr. Freeze plan caught him red handed.
Why should we assume MP, and not you or zebra, was the target of Mr Freeze?
It wasn't me because the idea of me being teammates with Nero is still as ridiculous and unfounded as it was when Matt first brought it up... no wait, even more. I did also come up with the plan for Mr. Freeze to do this in the first place.
Why do you assume you know who Mr. Freeze targeted?
Matt wrote:

Do you quarrel, sir?
Art thou cursedeth again good sir?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Thanks for taking my case seriously Mac but you didn't respond to what I believe are the most damning parts of it.
MacDougall wrote:I think sig and nero are both reasonable candidates and wouldn't actually mind seeing either of them flip. But, I would like it to be based on something more than DharmaHelper blatantly inviting lurkers to drive by vote whoever he says to.
As I said earlier DH's post was addressed specifically to Nero. You pay lip service to sig in the first sentence, but your second sentence shows that you were thinking specifically of Nero. And you had never mentioned a suspicion of sig before this point, though plenty others were so you could have chipped in. Your only mentions of sig before this are supportive of him. For you to call him a "reasonable candidate" at all, even if you ultimately ended up on the right side of it, is suspect.

Again, it's weird that you never pursued Nero for what you call the most surface scummy thing that has occurred. Yes, you agreed with me by saying "Was weird huh" when I pointed it out, but you never pursued it further than that. For you then to call it the most surface scummy thing that has occurred feels like you're overplaying your hand a little by knowing that Nero is bad.
MacDougall wrote:Yes, it is. My first suggestion nero should have been lynched over sig was before he surpassed you in votes I assure you.
Okay, but isn't this exactly the kind of thing a baddie would want to have on record so he could point back to it? The fact that you are so aware of this occurring leaves room for the interpretation that you did it intentionally.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote:

The timing of these posts made my opinion rather crucial for encouraging the avalanche of nero votes. I ain't no nero teammate. I endorsed his lynch over sig's and people listened to me.
I disagree that these posts show you encouraged an avalanche of votes on Nero. The first post is overtly discouraging that from happening. The third post comes after Nero already has a solid lead with 7 votes and you tell everyone to go home.

You also didn't respond to my bonus point about you. :ponder:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

TH, how can I keep reading you as bad in some posts but civ AF in posts like those.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

TH, I liked the bonus point the most. I really really hate when people make self assessments of their own meta and try to create a narrative about themselves. It looks, to me, like someone is trying to control the narrative being painted.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Golden wrote:@DH - I am for real that I do not think advocating for someone's lynch precludes you from being their teammate yes. As I pointed out, I've done it to my entire team before and won as a result.

I wouldn't expect people to do it just for funsies. My team already had heat. I don't suspect you because I feel like you put heat on Nero early and (for a teammate) unnecessarily. Enrique, on the other hand, flipped out of nowhere. It makes much more sense to me that he was bussing.

I'm just saying, I don't like the argument that advocating for someone's lynch means it is unreasonable to consider that you could be bad.
Aight but peep this.

Juliets took a leap of faith based entirely on my calling out Nero. You made a similar move. This completely shifted the lynch in favor of Nero getting axed. As far as I remember, several of the later Nero votes were "Because Nero has votes, hope [you're] Right!" such as Sorsha' vote in particular.

I'm not saying Nero's lynch was my sole doing, but I am saying that if I were teammates with Nero, I had it within my power (obviously) to ensure someone else took the fall. So when I see sig and MP and Mac arguing that I was his teammate, I have to call bullshit on that because it's bullshit.

Also I doubt Enrique bussed Nero because he called the fucker out even earlier than I did.
DH it wasn't based solely on what you said. I took a leap of faith based on what MAtt said. I don't know that this makes any difference I just want the record to be clear.

Wait I took a leap of faith based on what Matt was saying. I even said so in the thread.
juliets wrote:Well, DH whose case I'm considering voting for now says to vote Nero to have a better chance to save Matt. I don't think the evidence is strong for a Nero lynch so I would be taking a leap of faith in Matt in voting for him. Maybe it's time to take a leap of faith, not something I do often, if ever. This place has just been crazy today.

I'm catching up and just happened to see this when i was scrolling backwards so I'm sure I'll be back with more comment in a few after I've finished reading.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote:TH, how can I keep reading you as bad in some posts but civ AF in posts like those.
idk, I think everyone does this with me XD
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm sure I'll be accused of NO U'ing but I do really like the bonus point to TH's case. It's something I've probably done myself many times as a baddie, pointing out how I'm totally a civ because of this one thing I'm doing that I always do as a civ. Like when I'd always tell Dom he's always wrong about me any time he has the slightest suspicion of me.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I see now what point DH was making and I will say his opinion was one of the things i considered to take a leap of faith in Matt. Prior to deciding to take that leap of faith I had been inclined to vote his candidate MP and so DH's declaration to vote Nero instead was something I took into consideration. I don't see DH as suspicious right now.

linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Bullzeye wrote:I'm sure I'll be accused of NO U'ing but I do really like the bonus point to TH's case. It's something I've probably done myself many times as a baddie, pointing out how I'm totally a civ because of this one thing I'm doing that I always do as a civ. Like when I'd always tell Dom he's always wrong about me any time he has the slightest suspicion of me.
Which is why I stopped caring when you said that. :p
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, I'm caught up.

First, sorry for screwing up my post. I was pre-coffee.

Second, i agree MP is somehow cursed. The fact that he couldnt really provide reasons when I asked was the tip off. I keep remembering one of the reasons MP said sig was bad is that people were trying to save him in the lynch on day 1 when in fact if he were mafia there would have only been one person to try to save him which wouldnt have done much good. I think that point about sig was bogus. Enrique, since you are also a proponent of voting sig can i ask you to just bullet the reasons you see him as bad? If you presented a case that I have just forgotten in the flurry of posts please just refer me to your iso.

Third, where the heck is Bass?

Fourth, TH that is quite a case on Mac. I had been reading him as civ so it was a little surprising to realize those things you said are true. I will have to simmer a bit with your case and re-read Mac to make sure I'm considering all sides of the issue, but your case seems solid to me at the moment.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:Okay you are definitely Riddler.
You lie! Fear me not.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:I'm sure I'll be accused of NO U'ing but I do really like the bonus point to TH's case. It's something I've probably done myself many times as a baddie, pointing out how I'm totally a civ because of this one thing I'm doing that I always do as a civ. Like when I'd always tell Dom he's always wrong about me any time he has the slightest suspicion of me.
What noise is this? Give me my long sword, ho!
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”