Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Scotty »

I am not going to vote for Typh or Matt today. I think deducing the identities of the independents is important, but not necessary yet.

Enrique is giving me pause. I want him to come back and clarify some things for me, since he's gone back on two of his theories thus far.
Dom seems pretty amiable these days, though I might be the only one noticing it. My great uncle turned over a new leaf after he physically abused a stripper, which we learned later in court.

floyd seems to me like a good candidate for a lynch, since he is around on the site but isn't posting. I find t hard to believe he has been silenced twice in a row, or even at all. I mean, come on.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:I am not going to vote for Typh or Matt today. I think deducing the identities of the independents is important, but not necessary yet.

Enrique is giving me pause. I want him to come back and clarify some things for me, since he's gone back on two of his theories thus far.
Dom seems pretty amiable these days, though I might be the only one noticing it. My great uncle turned over a new leaf after he physically abused a stripper, which we learned later in court.

floyd seems to me like a good candidate for a lynch, since he is around on the site but isn't posting. I find t hard to believe he has been silenced twice in a row, or even at all. I mean, come on.
What the heck is this scotty?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Scotty wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Scotty, despite the amount of 'target painting' that went on earlier in the game has said some things that make me wonder if people were wrong to assume he's a likely civ.
Go on...
Well for starters there's the one from a few days ago where you basically said because Dom seemed frustrated we should lynch him so he doesn't have to be any more.

Then you come out with this:
Scotty wrote:Lastly, before I go to bed: how long do we give Equivocate before we vote for him? I don't necessarily wish to do that right now, because the mafia are still killing. I think we have some data that can pick apart (which is why I wanted to vote a no-show in day 1, before you cite me for hypocrisy again, Dom)
But tomorrow will mark a week since he has logged in. :noble:
and the follow-up where you talk about Bass and Floyd. They're all low posters yeah but it's day 3. I know I just said I wanted to look at some people who might be being forgotten, but I also said they're not my priority and linki will show me you think Floyd is a good lynch candidate. Would you really rather lynch him over anyone that's active?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm not going to vote you today Scotty, and might never, but you have definitely made me wonder about you sometimes.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:
Scotty wrote:I am not going to vote for Typh or Matt today. I think deducing the identities of the independents is important, but not necessary yet.

I'm sorry, this is an example, and was edited for brevity. Not saying Dom abused strippers. Not at all. But here's what happened.
My great uncle was very prickly to the family, and never wanted to have anything to do with us. No one had seen him or knew anything about his goings-on.
One day he calls up my aunt and asks if she wants to bring the family to his house for July 4. They go. Report back that he was super nice and over accommodating, as if something was not quite right

I'm wondering if Dom has changed tactics because his win condition has changed. That was the point of that. It was a broad jump and I apologize if that was confusing.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh, ok Scotty thanks. I read things literally so I didn't catch that it was illustrating your point.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Bullzeye wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Scotty, despite the amount of 'target painting' that went on earlier in the game has said some things that make me wonder if people were wrong to assume he's a likely civ.
Go on...
Well for starters there's the one from a few days ago where you basically said because Dom seemed frustrated we should lynch him so he doesn't have to be any more.

Scotty wrote:Lastly, before I go to bed: how long do we give Equivocate before we vote for him? I don't necessarily wish to do that right now, because the mafia are still killing. I think we have some data that can pick apart (which is why I wanted to vote a no-show in day 1, before you cite me for hypocrisy again, Dom)
and the follow-up where you talk about Bass and Floyd. They're all low posters yeah but it's day 3. I know I just said I wanted to look at some people who might be being forgotten, but I also said they're not my priority and linki will show me you think Floyd is a good lynch candidate. Would you really rather lynch him over anyone that's active?
I have no desire to lynch Equiv right now, but might at some point. If and when Mafia stop killing, he will be a liability if he is civ, and a definite liability if he is Mafia. Not getting into the semantics of that.

As for Floyd (or Bass), why should anyone who's logging in to lurk and not contribute be getting a pass? There's a little over half of the players talking, and they can't all be bad. At least Bubbles has offered her thoughts in drive by form every day.

There might be better lynch options from people talking themselves into a corner, but don't forget about the shadows.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Bullzeye wrote:I'm not going to vote you today Scotty, and might never, but you have definitely made me wonder about you sometimes.
Its why I eat alone in the break room. :ninja:

Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

So people seriously think that making mp say "sig is my #1 suspect" is something I'd do if I were the penguin?

Lmao nubs. Why the fuck would I do something shit like that? Explain to me why I would out myself in due time by giving them obvious posting curses? Please, humor me.

I'll await your answer and respond to whatever else is there when I get home.
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

juliets wrote:Bullz and Dom, who are you looking at for a vote today?
Mac, MP, Scotty, and I'm looking at TH, but doubt I'll vote him.
Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:

I'm sorry, this is an example, and was edited for brevity. Not saying Dom abused strippers. Not at all. But here's what happened.
My great uncle was very prickly to the family, and never wanted to have anything to do with us. No one had seen him or knew anything about his goings-on.
One day he calls up my aunt and asks if she wants to bring the family to his house for July 4. They go. Report back that he was super nice and over accommodating, as if something was not quite right

I'm wondering if Dom has changed tactics because his win condition has changed. That was the point of that. It was a broad jump and I apologize if that was confusing.
Original theory: "Dom is bad because he's being *~mean~* and that's Dom's baddie meta"
New Theory: "Dom is bad because he isn't being *~mean~* so something must have changed.

You can't have it both ways.
Anyway, I don't think I was ever "mean". I think I was very annoyed with some thread going-ons. I think I felt very personally attacked. I think if you read my Day 0-1 posts, the tone is strikingly different to that of Day 2. However, this is the kicker, you're clearly not really reading my posts.

Now because you've been vague about how I've "changed tactics" (i.e. you have not given a single specific on what you mean here) I can't give a single response. If you're talking about how vocal I am, then you clearly didn't read that my students were on vacation last week, I had all day to play mafia, and now I teach and have significantly less time to devote to Mafia.

So, Scotty, which is it? Am I a mean baddie? Am I a newly recruited baddie who's "changed tactics" to get a win? Am I bad because of how much less vocal I've been lately, despite contributing regularly and given an explanation for that?
You can't play for all these teams. It just tells me you're not really suspicious of me. You are reacting to someone who suspects you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote:
bea wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Scotty wrote:I'm wondering what Matt's ailment is. He's obviously speaking in some sort of Shakespearean cadence. But i would assume people aren't allowed to target the same person twice in a row...so...what different curse would be causing 1st grade knock knock jokes followed by medieval tonguesmith.

Joker -> Riddler?

Or has Matt been targeted by the Penguin early on? Do we know that the Penguin's target has to vote a certain way, or just has to act a certain way?
He's Riddler man.
How so?
He's posting in riddles two days in a row. Different kinds. Day 1 knock knock jokes. Day 2 Shakespeare. Can't be double targeted...

I don't think that makes him anti-town though.
Knock knock jokes and quotes from plays are not riddles tho
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Also Scotty, where TF did you come from comparing me to your abusive great uncle?

Like... I'm not gonna take offense to this, but what is your aim here?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Typhoony wrote:So people seriously think that making mp say "sig is my #1 suspect" is something I'd do if I were the penguin?

Lmao nubs. Why the fuck would I do something shit like that? Explain to me why I would out myself in due time by giving them obvious posting curses? Please, humor me.

I'm with juliets and others in that it seems like a pretty nub statement but what are your thoughts on what is actually happening? Let's say you aren't the Penguin. What do you make of these curses and their sources?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I don't trust MP not to take a curse that isn't 100% locked up tight and push it to make it obvious.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

sig wrote:Quick little theory maybe poisoned players are forced to do something or they will die. This could explain Matt's knock knock joke thing yesterday.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dom wrote:
Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:

Original theory: "Dom is bad because he's being *~mean~* and that's Dom's baddie meta"
New Theory: "Dom is bad because he isn't being *~mean~* so something must have changed.

Anyway, I don't think I was ever "mean". I think I was very annoyed with some thread going-ons. I think I felt very personally attacked. I think if you read my Day 0-1 posts, the tone is strikingly different to that of Day 2. However, this is the kicker, you're clearly not really reading my posts.

Now because you've been vague about how I've "changed tactics" (i.e. you have not given a single specific on what you mean here) I can't give a single response. If you're talking about how vocal I am, then you clearly didn't read that my students were on vacation last week, I had all day to play mafia, and now I teach and have significantly less time to devote to Mafia.

So, Scotty, which is it? Am I a mean baddie? Am I a newly recruited baddie who's "changed tactics" to get a win? Am I bad because of how much less vocal I've been lately, despite contributing regularly and given an explanation for that?
You can't play for all these teams. It just tells me you're not really suspicious of me. You are reacting to someone who suspects you.
I'm at the gym right but I'll be happy to snip out specific posts when I get home.

I never said you were playing "Dom's baddie meta", as you quote. That was someone else. You're generally a little prickly. You were more prickly than I remember in the first parts f the game. You say you were personally offended, ok. But you made a jump of sorts in day 2, as you just admitted. That's what I'm talking about. Not your lack of presence due to teaching.

The only team I'm playing for is Gotham

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

@Hosts: If a Mafia team is killed off, does the other start killing every night?
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dom wrote:Also Scotty, where TF did you come from comparing me to your abusive great uncle?

Like... I'm not gonna take offense to this, but what is your aim here?
Don't take offense. Apparently my allusions can be a bit out there for the thread down times. Forget it.
My point was that it seems like your current attitude contrasts with your initial attitude.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Does anyone else think that Scotty's misunderstood anecdotes are reminiscent of Adolf Hitler?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:Does anyone else think that Scotty's misunderstood anecdotes are reminiscent of Adolf Hitler?
I hope you're trying to say that I was an under appreciated artist.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Does anyone else think that Scotty's misunderstood anecdotes are reminiscent of Adolf Hitler?
Well I did read your book.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Well I did read your book.
A man after mein own heart.

Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Scotty wrote:
Typhoony wrote:So people seriously think that making mp say "sig is my #1 suspect" is something I'd do if I were the penguin?

I'm with juliets and others in that it seems like a pretty nub statement but what are your thoughts on what is actually happening? Let's say you aren't the Penguin. What do you make of these curses and their sources?
I dunno. One of the secrets I assume. Most likely looking at the roles is Joker.
If it's Ivy we'll find out soon enough if any of the cursed people die because of it.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Typhoony, who are you looking at for a vote today?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

I liked THs post on Mac, so I will probably vote there.

I have some time right now though, so let's talk. Who are you looking at for a vote juliets?
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Hello I am Typhoony and I am not a nub. Thanks for giving me this exciting opportunity to have a conversation with all of you directly. I will be here for the next two'ish hours!

Ask Me Anything about this game that you would like me to answer.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Typhoony wrote:I liked THs post on Mac, so I will probably vote there.

I have some time right now though, so let's talk. Who are you looking at for a vote juliets?
I was looking at you for one but even if you are the Penguin I would vote someone I think is mafia first. I want to hear BR's response to TH's case on her. I read her iso and couldn't see anything that would refute his case but I want to hear her response. Unfortunately she has not been on to respond to it. And then there is Mac. I explained this morning that I'm having a hard time accepting him as bad even though TH's evidence was good. Macs responses were good and I have read him as civ all game. Still though two of TH's points really struck a nerve with me, the comment Mac made about DH's comment to lynch Nero and his comment that he cheerleaded the lynch when in my opinion he didn't. So, I have not decided yet where to vote but it will probably be one of these three. Sorry this is all mushed together with no white space. I did explain all this this morning but you probably haven't gotten back that far yet.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Do you honestly think I'd be this lame of a Penguin juliets?
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Also do you have posts or something you would like me to comment on?
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Typhoony wrote:Do you honestly think I'd be this lame of a Penguin juliets?
Well as i said this morning, bea's assertion that you are an experienced player and not do something like what's been done to MP does give me pause. DH however thinks maybe MP was cursed to vote for sig and made up this "vote for sig" thingy he puts on all his posts to make it obvious his sig vote is a curse. Back to you, I do think you'd be smart enough to put a caveat on a vote force that the person could not let on in any way that they have been forced. So I guess the longer i think about it the less sure I am that you could be the Penguin. I also noticed you voted second for Wilgy and it seems like if you are the Penguin you would have wanted to make sure there was more than just one other voter on the person you were going to curse - thats assuming you were going to do this obvious of a curse on Wilgy. Anyway, I keep talking myself out of a vote for you.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

I don't know why people are latching onto this Matt-as-Riddler thing. Not only are the things he's been posting not riddles, I don't think the hosts would give a player a role where they can't post normally for the entire game.

I'd also have to agree with whoever said that MP and Matt aren't helping anything by curse-posting so much.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Scotty wrote:
Dom wrote:
Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:

I'm at the gym right but I'll be happy to snip out specific posts when I get home.

I never said you were playing "Dom's baddie meta", as you quote. That was someone else. You're generally a little prickly. You were more prickly than I remember in the first parts f the game. You say you were personally offended, ok. But you made a jump of sorts in day 2, as you just admitted. That's what I'm talking about. Not your lack of presence due to teaching.

The only team I'm playing for is Gotham
Scotty, my point was that you've been so incredibly vague about why I'm bad that I have zero ability to respond to it. Literally, you have yet to give a single reason.

Playing differently? Well I had a meltdown in the thread. That might have contributed? I don't know. I'm not bad and I haven't been recruited.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Scotty wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Go on...

I have no desire to lynch Equiv right now, but might at some point. If and when Mafia stop killing, he will be a liability if he is civ, and a definite liability if he is Mafia. Not getting into the semantics of that.

As for Floyd (or Bass), why should anyone who's logging in to lurk and not contribute be getting a pass? There's a little over half of the players talking, and they can't all be bad. At least Bubbles has offered her thoughts in drive by form every day.

There might be better lynch options from people talking themselves into a corner, but don't forget about the shadows.
Why would mafia stop killing?

Because, WIFOM. So you could make this exact post. So you could make it look like it was another player. This post actually makes me suspect you.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

No.

The role of Penguin is far too delicate to ruin with obvious posting curses. By nature, that role has a low chance of survival because people will be able to figure out a lot of players that are not the Penguin and at some point, this will mean that people will know who the Penguin is.

That means the Penguin has to do everything in its power to NOT make it obvious that people are Penguin'd.
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

@Hosts: Can Mr. Freeze double target?
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

no wait doesnt matter nvm
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

I can hear the wolves at the door. And I have defended as best I can already.

It should be sort of obvious what role I am. If you waste a lynch on me it will be a fair tragedy.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Enrique, who are you looking at for a vote?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

Not going to be around today to keep up with the thread or really provide a meaningful vote. I'll not be voting Enrique because I'd want to spend proper time considering such a good contributor, rather than just go on my own feelings. I just haven't had the time to do it.

I may vote a non-contributor.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I would vote for MP, Typhoony or TH as preference.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And I'll probably have to do it soon.

Interested in input on voting Floyd or Equivocate. Not going to vote Bubbles.

Open to people giving me short and sharp reasons for other options.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm open to a Typhoony vote, although he is a contributor.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

So I advocate that I'm here for 2 hours, telling people to ask me questions.

And I get a couple of people saying they are suspicious of me.

Hello. I'm here to answer your questions. I can't do shit with people telling me they're open to voting me.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Will you vote for MP?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Typhoony wrote:No.

The role of Penguin is far too delicate to ruin with obvious posting curses. By nature, that role has a low chance of survival because people will be able to figure out a lot of players that are not the Penguin and at some point, this will mean that people will know who the Penguin is.

That means the Penguin has to do everything in its power to NOT make it obvious that people are Penguin'd.
You sound like you've thought a lot about this.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Typhoony wrote:So I advocate that I'm here for 2 hours, telling people to ask me questions.

And I get a couple of people saying they are suspicious of me.

Hello. I'm here to answer your questions. I can't do shit with people telling me they're open to voting me.
I cant do shit with anything today. My vote is not going to be one full of questions, and whoever I vote for just has to deal with it. Sorry.

Attorney General > Typhoony.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:Will you vote for MP?
Open to it, but it seems he will die anyway. Is the point to see his role?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Unlikely. He seemed genuinely frustrated to me.

Why should I vote MP according to you Mac?
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Will you vote for MP?
Open to it, but it seems he will die anyway. Is the point to see his role?
Thanks but I was talking to Typhoony.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

MacDougall wrote:
Typhoony wrote:No.

You sound like you've thought a lot about this.
About as much as I've thought about other roles.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”