Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Enrique »

That said I'll gladly vote MP with you now that he's not poisoned :beer:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

Scotty, how many curses do you think are in this game?

If people were made insane by Joker, and if Penguin can essentially curse by blackmail, and if the Riddler has a way to curse people (which I very much believe to be the case), that's three curse roles already. Montoya can silence, which is also a curse.

But sure, Ivy got Turnip. :beer:

Linki - You could be right, Dom. And though I've been sarcastic by saying "sure Ivy did it", for real, there is a possibility that I'm wrong.

I'm also suss of TH for his 180 on Mac, though, and I think the whole thing is wonky.

But I do realize I could be wrong and I also "cluttered" the thread the last two day phases, so I will relent. However, I'm still most likely voting for TH or Mac today.
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

Re: MP's suicidal tendencies...

@Hosts: Can Ra's al Ghul name himself as one of the four roles he needs dead to win? :grin:

Scarecrow thing also applies here. Or if he just knew he couldn't win anymore (ie. Penguin getting Scarecrow'd to kill himself).
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Enrique wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Matt wrote:
Enrique wrote:Because you're not cursed... there's nothing clear about that.
Then simply don't trust me on this, that's fine with me. I figured I'd catch a bad guy red handed in Turnip today, but nobody wants to hear it.
I have two relatively strong cases on Typhoony and MP, but nobody wants to hear those either so there you go.
Can you remind me what your relatively strong case on Typhoony is? Because right now it only looks like an unnecessary deflection. The hosts already confirmed the Penguin doesn't even have to blackmail anyone, so what evidence are you left with at all? Why do you want him dead so bad?
I don't really want him dead more than any other suspect, but I think its kinda silly to just outright dismiss that he's got points against him. I'd rather vote MP also :P
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I elsu recell Mett soospecteeng JJJ und Drecunoos oon Dey 1 in zee Chemps geme-a becoose-a zeey vere-a but coorsed und zeere-a ves NO VEY tvu coorse-a rules cuoold ixeest in a geme-a fooll ooff secrets su sumeune-a hed tu be-a lyeeng. Thees is reeght in hees vheelhuoose-a.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

DH what do you make of MP voting for himself? Does that support your suspicions or no?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip Head wrote:I elsu recell Mett soospecteeng JJJ und Drecunoos oon Dey 1 in zee Chemps geme-a becoose-a zeey vere-a but coorsed und zeere-a ves NO VEY tvu coorse-a rules cuoold ixeest in a geme-a fooll ooff secrets su sumeune-a hed tu be-a lyeeng. Thees is reeght in hees vheelhuoose-a.
Yes, I was bad in that game and made those remarks, but also because I believed it to be true that either of them could be faking. In fact, I'm pretty sure Wilgy and Mac laughed off my idea in btsc, but that's what I thought then, and that's what I think now.

Are you trying to No U me right now? :|
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I elsu recell Mett soospecteeng JJJ und Drecunoos oon Dey 1 in zee Chemps geme-a becoose-a zeey vere-a but coorsed und zeere-a ves NO VEY tvu coorse-a rules cuoold ixeest in a geme-a fooll ooff secrets su sumeune-a hed tu be-a lyeeng. Thees is reeght in hees vheelhuoose-a.
Yes, I was bad in that game and made those remarks, but also because I believed it to be true that either of them could be faking. In fact, I'm pretty sure Wilgy and Mac laughed off my idea in btsc, but that's what I thought then, and that's what I think now.

:| Nu, becoose-a I beleeefe-a yuoor soospeeciuns in thet geme-a vere-a genooeene-a boot cumpletely meesgooided. Bork bork bork! Nut oonce-a in my pust deed I menshun thet yuoo vere-a bed in thet geme-a.

I theenk yuoo ere-a a leeebility tu toon's chunces tu veen thees geme-a Mett und I soospect ve-a veell hefe-a tu veen it in speete-a ooff yuu. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:

:| Nu, becoose-a I beleeefe-a yuoor soospeeciuns in thet geme-a vere-a genooeene-a boot cumpletely meesgooided. Bork bork bork! Nut oonce-a in my pust deed I menshun thet yuoo vere-a bed in thet geme-a.

I theenk yuoo ere-a a leeebility tu toon's chunces tu veen thees geme-a Mett und I soospect ve-a veell hefe-a tu veen it in speete-a ooff yuu. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!
Tell that to Nero. ;)
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:DH what do you make of MP voting for himself? Does that support your suspicions or no?
I dunno what to make of it. It doesn't take anything away from my suspicion.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:

Tell that to Nero. ;)
Efee a brukee cluck is reeght tveece-a a dey. Bork bork bork! :haha:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

:goofp:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lulz at Glorfy. I started an ISO of him and in the first five or so posts of his this is what I've found...Keep in mind I was going to search everyone but started with Glor, to see if anyone said "two" in their first post to be cute...

First post...
Glorfindel wrote:Greetings, All :) It's wonderful to be back here with you all old friends and some new friends to be made, I'm sure :hug: Sadly, I only accidentally found that this game had started (I'd have thought Sig might have let me know...) so I'll do some reviewing and come back to you hopefully with something constructive to contribute. I must confess, I've read two and a half pages and am already confused as to how this all fits together... :shrug:
Second post...
Glorfindel wrote:I voted City Hall for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I've no idea at all what the hell I'm doing in this game and being the 'outsider' I always seem to be, it seems appropriate for me to select such a location. At 13 pages, this game has gotten so far away from me now... I just can't... :(
Strangely enough, he doesn't give his second reason.

Fifth post...
Glorfindel wrote:>snip< In Pikmin, I saw Zebra as a very transparent Townie who was picked off early by the twin forces of evil and ignorance. >snip<
Seventh post...this is getting a little ridiculous...
Glorfindel wrote:>snip< Like the King of Siam in the King and I, I find myself second guessing myself a lot more these days. >snip<
Tenth post...
Glorfindel wrote:>snip< I regards to the map discussion again, I'm in two minds. >snip<
Coincidence? :beer:

I haven't gone further then post ten, I'll check it out now though.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:Lulz at Glorfy. I started an ISO of him and in the first five or so posts of his this is what I've found...Keep in mind I was going to search everyone but started with Glor, to see if anyone said "two" in their first post to be cute...

First post...
Glorfindel wrote:Greetings, All :) It's wonderful to be back here with you all old friends and some new friends to be made, I'm sure :hug: Sadly, I only accidentally found that this game had started (I'd have thought Sig might have let me know...) so I'll do some reviewing and come back to you hopefully with something constructive to contribute. I must confess, I've read two and a half pages and am already confused as to how this all fits together... :shrug:
Second post...
Glorfindel wrote:I voted City Hall for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I've no idea at all what the hell I'm doing in this game and being the 'outsider' I always seem to be, it seems appropriate for me to select such a location. At 13 pages, this game has gotten so far away from me now... I just can't... :(

Fifth post...
Glorfindel wrote:>snip< In Pikmin, I saw Zebra as a very transparent Townie who was picked off early by the twin forces of evil and ignorance. >snip<
Glorfindel wrote:>snip< Like the King of Siam in the King and I, I find myself second guessing myself a lot more these days. >snip<
Tenth post...
Glorfindel wrote:>snip< I regards to the map discussion again, I'm in two minds. >snip<

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... y_illusion
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

But if you're really trying to say that Glorfindel is Two-Face then I don't see a problem, he can win with the civs and strikes me as the kind of person who'd want to.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:But if you're really trying to say that Glorfindel is Two-Face then I don't see a problem, he can win with the civs and strikes me as the kind of person who'd want to.
Now if I had just said "oh look guys, Glor said the word "two" in his first post, he must be Two Face!", I can see what you mean by your post previous to this.

But "twin forces of evil", "second guessing myself", "of two minds", not to mention the recent post of his where I was originally suss of him for "coin flip", c'mon now Bullz.

Also, I'm not even necessarily advocating a lynch of Glor, but he laughed me off and then said "I expect more from you Matt" so I gave him more. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:Hosts: Do night powers go through the night someone is killed?
Yes.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bit of a double standard there Matt.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

So after the first ten posts, there's not much "hinting" if that's what he was doing in the first place.

Though I did find a post of his where he quoted someone and simply said "Seconded" XD

Again, not necessarily saying we should lynch him, but for one, I think he has been hinting, and for two, I'm sure the cop who is paired with Two Face surely doesn't want him around.

All that said, I still think we should pursue a Mac/Turnip lynch today. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Having second thoughts about lynching Glorfie?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

Matt wrote:Lulz at Glorfy. I started an ISO of him and in the first five or so posts of his this is what I've found...Keep in mind I was going to search everyone but started with Glor, to see if anyone said "two" in their first post to be cute...

First post...
Second post...

Fifth post...
Tenth post...

:haha:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DharmaHelper wrote:Bit of a double standard there Matt.
DharmaHelper wrote:Having second thoughts about lynching Glorfie?
Muhahahaha. I see what you did with these two posts. ;airguitar:
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Two can play at that game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

What're the cases on TH and Mac?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Wow. Suddenly I think I know how Zeebs usually feels. :P

Not really cases, I just think Turnip made a great case on Mac, but now he is willing to simply accept his "breadcrumb", if such a breadcrumb even exists. I know I've looked for it, I think Bullz and Scotty said they looked for it, but nobody can find it.

Also, I don't believe Turnip was truly cursed but then again, everyone is saying "secrets derp" so I could be wrong on that.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Glorfindel wrote::haha:
Or I'm wrong, you're not half-civ, and instead players can continue to suss you for being full blown mafia. Better? :beer:
Image Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Matt, did you explain why you seem so convined that Riddler is dead?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

LoRab wrote:Matt, did you explain why you seem so convined that Riddler is dead?
I tried, but I don't think anyone is following. But here you go...
Matt wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:And I am telling you that you're wrong. There is no way I see the Riddler still being alive.
Und I em telleeng yuoo thet yuoo ere-a vrung su I gooess ve'fe-a reeched a stelemete-a.
Knock knock?

Who's there?

Shakespeare

Shakespeare who?

Who cares, I'm posting normal today. ;)

Riddler's dead and you're lying.
Take from that what you will.
Image Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

So, are you saying you were cursed to post in different strange ways until the Riddler died?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

juliets wrote:So, are you saying you were cursed to post in different strange ways until the Riddler died?
No.

But take from it what you will.
Image Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Matt wrote:
LoRab wrote:Matt, did you explain why you seem so convined that Riddler is dead?
I tried, but I don't think anyone is following. But here you go...
Matt wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:And I am telling you that you're wrong. There is no way I see the Riddler still being alive.
Und I em telleeng yuoo thet yuoo ere-a vrung su I gooess ve'fe-a reeched a stelemete-a.
Knock knock?

Who's there?

Shakespeare

Shakespeare who?

Who cares, I'm posting normal today. ;)

Riddler's dead and you're lying.
Take from that what you will.
Not knowing what Riddler's actual power is, it's hard to know (or believe your assumption) that your not being cursed means that the Riddler is dead.

Also, I thought you had implied earlier that you didn't know how you were cursed, but maybe I read that wrong earlier, you having been cursed at the time and all.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Again, take from it what you will. Like I told Enrique, you don't have to trust me on this, but for me to outright spell out what I think happened would most likely be against the rules.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Matt wrote:
Enrique wrote:Because you're not cursed... there's nothing clear about that.
Then simply don't trust me on this, that's fine with me. I figured I'd catch a bad guy red handed in Turnip today, but nobody wants to hear it.
I have two relatively strong cases on Typhoony and MP, but nobody wants to hear those either so there you go.
I will run away with you DH
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Who's up for a day 4 policy lynch of Matt? :dark:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So Matt, you seem to have this paranoid theory that people fake curses. Maybe you faked the curse...

Since it wasn't any of the options we've laid out for you. Since you were cursed two days running.

And maybe your suspicion on TH stems from the fact that you were faking it, so you think he must be.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Plot twist

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Tin foil hats here, get ya tin foil hats here.

ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Matt wrote:Again, take from it what you will. Like I told Enrique, you don't have to trust me on this, but for me to outright spell out what I think happened would most likely be against the rules.
Operative words. And why would speculation be against the rules?

Your tinfoil ideas may be correct now and then, but are quite frequently wrong. So, I find it hard to believe on blind faith that your conclusion here is correct. Especially since there is evidence that it is not.
MacDougall wrote:Who's up for a day 4 policy lynch of Matt? :dark:
Do we need to have that argument again? Come to think of it, you weren't civ in that game, were you?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:So Matt, you seem to have this paranoid theory that people fake curses. Maybe you faked the curse...

Since it wasn't any of the options we've laid out for you. Since you were cursed two days running.

And maybe your suspicion on TH stems from the fact that you were faking it, so you think he must be.
If I were bad, I wouldn't try to draw attention to myself by faking curses. You just played bad with me, does that strike you as something I would pull?

I see TH has gone from your number 1 suspect to you defending him now.

Hmmm, what was that case on you and TH again? :ponder:

Linki - Again, don't trust me on the Riddler thing if you don't want, but I know what I know.
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

Starting my catch up. Will probably work me way through it during the course of the day.

A note as to how I was feeling at the last time I was caught up with the thread: for me to see if things change as much as for anyone else.

My top suspect was/is Enrique, but he made a good defence that I haven't been able to examine.

I was townreading sig for the early part of this game, but his contradictions and apparent forgetting his own view on things and taking a completely different view just a short time later is beginning to bother me. It makes me feel like some of the things he is saying aren't coming from a genuine place.

MP, I still feel could be bad, and even if he isn't his incessant desire to get himself lynched earlier, and self-vote today, is something I'm taking note of. I tend to think MP thinks a lot like I do, and I don't suggest people lynch me without good reason.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Yeah I tend not to ask to be lynched also.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, sig was nightkilled. I think I knew that but I forgot. Well that's one person to scratch off the suspect list.
Golden
The Coward

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Golden »

LoRab wrote:This thread has my head spinning and my brain hurting. So many posts and ideas and theories. And I'm way too tired to fully consider them all. I need to think more before I figure out what I think.

Also, in case she is searching her name, I still want Bubbles to explain her post about Dom a few days ago. (not trying to push anything, but really want an answer, and figuring she might be name searching, since she is not reading fully).
I have a feeling Bubbles asked for a replacement but Epi doesn't have any. Just based on the fact she did in the other game. I don't intend to vote for her because I think that what I saw of bubbles in the posts she did make look a lot like civ Bubbles, and if ever she does get replaced I'd start at a place of feeling good about her replacement.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

@HOSTS
1. Are we privvy to the knowledge of who has asked to be replaced in this game, or is there a confidentiality agreement for that kind of stuff?
2. How often do you wash your hair? Just wondering. I've started washing every other day and the compliments are rolling in! :omg:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:MP said he got the message at the start of night 2, which is indicative of it being the result of day behaviour. Penguin action seems very likely.
I'm not up with all the "Typhoony is Penguin" stuff, but this point is persuasive, not about Typh specifically but about the fact it wasn't a night action and that would appear to limit the options.

On the flip side, I don't know why the Penguin job would be so obvious. It's the same discussion we had when people were saying Matt was Joker. I don't think Epi is going to create mechanics that basically force people to out themselves.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote:
LoRab wrote:This thread has my head spinning and my brain hurting. So many posts and ideas and theories. And I'm way too tired to fully consider them all. I need to think more before I figure out what I think.

Also, in case she is searching her name, I still want Bubbles to explain her post about Dom a few days ago. (not trying to push anything, but really want an answer, and figuring she might be name searching, since she is not reading fully).
I have a feeling Bubbles asked for a replacement but Epi doesn't have any. Just based on the fact she did in the other game. I don't intend to vote for her because I think that what I saw of bubbles in the posts she did make look a lot like civ Bubbles, and if ever she does get replaced I'd start at a place of feeling good about her replacement.
Fair enough. But her post about Dom still makes no sense to me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote:
Matt wrote:Again, take from it what you will. Like I told Enrique, you don't have to trust me on this, but for me to outright spell out what I think happened would most likely be against the rules.

Your tinfoil ideas may be correct now and then, but are quite frequently wrong. So, I find it hard to believe on blind faith that your conclusion here is correct. Especially since there is evidence that it is not.
Do we need to have that argument again? Come to think of it, you weren't civ in that game, were you?
LMFAO you think I'm serious okay.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

SVS gets a flu. Mac gets a flu. Bullz gets a flu. EVERYONE GETS A FLU.

This game is like evil Oprah.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:MP said he got the message at the start of night 2, which is indicative of it being the result of day behaviour. Penguin action seems very likely.
I'm not up with all the "Typhoony is Penguin" stuff, but this point is persuasive, not about Typh specifically but about the fact it wasn't a night action and that would appear to limit the options.

On the flip side, I don't know why the Penguin job would be so obvious. It's the same discussion we had when people were saying Matt was Joker. I don't think Epi is going to create mechanics that basically force people to out themselves.
Upon thinking about it I would imagine the blackmail mechanic would be as simple as "you vote for who I tell you to vote for or I will send your role to your rival"... why would it be anything else?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote:
LoRab wrote:

LMFAO you think I'm serious okay.
I think you were about as serious as I was with this post.

Return to “Previous Jobs”