Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 6]

Post by MacDougall »

We're 2 for 2 with lurker lynches, let's kill Floyd.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I wanna say a sabie teammate might have thrown in the towel at some point but I feel pretty good about all the sabie votes. What do we think of Glofy's vote for MM? He did that thing again where he brings a case forth and votes for it all in the same breath after spending the rest of the day not talking about his reads.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Well there is the part where Dom and I had Glorfindel scumwrapped and delivered days ago so yeah let's lynch him too.

All you can lynch buffet.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 154
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 5]

Post by sprityo »

Dom wrote:Sprit why did you attempt to discredit me by saying I was rude and mean (a tactic already tried in this game against me)?
i already explained that to you earlier, i legitimately felt offended by what you said to me
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Dom wrote:RIP Scotty.

Sprit, who do you think should be lynched today?
as i just read what Mac said "we're 2 for 2" on the lurkers. so, Floyd is my go to.

look the best part is, once we get through with them, my turn is coming, since yknow i have relatively low posts coupled with mild suspicion from some people for, idk? me being me?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Let's lynch spirityo as well

And lorab. Especially lorab.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

sprityo wrote:
Dom wrote:RIP Scotty.

Sprit, who do you think should be lynched today?
as i just read what Mac said "we're 2 for 2" on the lurkers. so, Floyd is my go to.

look the best part is, once we get through with them, my turn is coming, since yknow i have relatively low posts coupled with mild suspicion from some people for, idk? me being me?
I'd feel a lot better about you if you had thoughts on literally anything other than lynching inactives.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

quite honestly turnip, im just so freakin lazy. like i'd have to sit down out of my 4 hours i get to personal time out of the week to actually build a case on someone, and im just a terrible player for it, dont get me wrong, i could do it but like, i dont really need to in this game anymore? i mean cause ~reasons to be revealed upon death~
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Have you already won the game?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

it's just the odd topic where, im sorta here, but im also JUST here, not doing anything but taking up air and throwing sawdust into it every now and then. There is suspicion, but there is no action. Earlier into the game, i'd be perfect to remove someone based on suspicion alone, but we're getting deep into the game in which 1/3 of the scum teams are for sure dead. and at least one cop has their wincon fulfilled (assuming scarecrow hasnt been considerably lucky). so really it's more of do you want to lynch me for the info or just go on believing im not anti town and focus on something else?

and damn, i have been getting some attention, love y'all <3

also DH, im pretty sure the only people that have voted me are me and DF, unless you are using the night action polls too. just wanted to make it easier on you if you were exclusively looking for cross examination stuff
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Turnip Head wrote:Have you already won the game?
well of course not, but then again, maybe im just being lazy again
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:I wanna say a sabie teammate might have thrown in the towel at some point but I feel pretty good about all the sabie votes. What do we think of Glofy's vote for MM? He did that thing again where he brings a case forth and votes for it all in the same breath after spending the rest of the day not talking about his reads.
I feel ok about Glorfindel, like thats his style. I could be wrong and he may have me fooled, but he reminds me of Star Wars mafia where he felt just slightly ruffled by people suggesting he was bad when he wasn't in a similar way to what he has done here.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, JC, I also forgot to add that Gordon's slgihtly poetic turn of phrase is something I could see from Scotty. From others too, but it would fit Scotty and his dramatic flair.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I wanna say a sabie teammate might have thrown in the towel at some point but I feel pretty good about all the sabie votes. What do we think of Glofy's vote for MM? He did that thing again where he brings a case forth and votes for it all in the same breath after spending the rest of the day not talking about his reads.
I feel ok about Glorfindel, like thats his style. I could be wrong and he may have me fooled, but he reminds me of Star Wars mafia where he felt just slightly ruffled by people suggesting he was bad when he wasn't in a similar way to what he has done here.
He was bad in Star Wars. :haha: Check out his posts in Pikmin for what a civ Glorfindel could look like.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

tell you what TH, you've got me interested, ill provide you the best possible read for a single person i can, even though ive kept zero personal notes on anyone
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

sprityo wrote:tell you what TH, you've got me interested, ill provide you the best possible read for a single person i can, even though ive kept zero personal notes on anyone
Oh this sounds fun. Do I get to pick the player?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
He was bad in Star Wars. :haha: Check out his posts in Pikmin for what a civ Glorfindel could look like.
Oh, I forgot he was bad. Well then, consider my suspicion of Glorfindel reignited.

I still feel worse right now about SVS and sprit, though.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
Oh, I forgot he was bad. Well then, consider my suspicion of Glorfindel reignited.

I've been asking people for days to look at Glorfy's ISO in Pikmin. IMO it is nothing like what we're seeing here.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

im 400 posts in on Enrique's ISO since i did also promise juliets i would get back to her on that suspicion, ill be done soon
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 5]

Post by Turnip Head »

Typhoony wrote:The Penguin can choose where the info will be sent to btw.

Cue typh is Penguin posts.
This is something I wanted to talk about. Seems Typh asked this question behind the scenes. Why would a civilian care what the answer to this question is, and why wouldn't they just ask it in the thread? :ponder:
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

RIP Scotty

Question for anyone/everyone - Are you personally under the impression that MP is Wonder Boy? :ponder:
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt... wtf
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

okay, im on the last page for enrique, im half asleep and this is what ive got:

Day 0 - "realistically we need to hunt the inmates too since it's vital to both town factions winning" this leads me to believe Enrique is a cop. just simply by the over abundance of this crap

Day-1 continues into day one with a bunch of "LYNCH MATT, OMGJESUS"

Day2 "DONT LYNCH MATT I FUCKED UP"

Day 3 "TH doesnt sit right with me"

Day 4 "MP is suspicious"

the entire process was like a parabolic function in which Day zero was 1/3 of the ISO and Day one was 1/4 of it etc with Day 5 and six being all on the same page of the ISO

i mean he's played it as well as i can tell, it all feels genuine when i read it. Like if you can bring me some highly critical stuff against enrique, i would love to see it, but i can say after viewing him over, he's pretty clear to me
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

im honestly dead and need to sleep, ill catch up in the morning. TH, if you want me to go over someone youre suspicious of, feel free to toss it to me for an opinion
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

also quick note, i feel the only thing keeping me alive right now is all the "suspicion" talk of me, otherwise im sure mafia would be fine with me gone all the same. I mean with me drawing the heat, they can sit back and cool off
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip Head wrote:Matt... wtf
Lol. What? It's not like I gave anything away, I thought this was already heavily implied "knowledge" already in the thread?

So you think MP is good to go then?
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:
Lol. What? It's not like I gave anything away, I thought this was already heavily implied "knowledge" already in the thread?

I just don't know what your aim is. I think you'd be more successful if you didn't play solely on your own terms. We're all trying to figure out the game together and you're off in la la land.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:

I've been asking people for days to look at Glorfy's ISO in Pikmin. IMO it is nothing like what we're seeing here.
I mean, no offense meant, but I haven't even found time to do the isos I'd like to in THIS thread.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:

This is something I wanted to talk about. Seems Typh asked this question behind the scenes. Why would a civilian care what the answer to this question is, and why wouldn't they just ask it in the thread? :ponder:
Or... the Penguin sent info to Typh, and it was someone who is not his mortal enemy?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Matt wrote:RIP Scotty

Question for anyone/everyone - Are you personally under the impression that MP is Wonder Boy? :ponder:
Can someone please go back to Day 4 in their Delorean and bring Matt back.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Or... the Penguin sent info to Typh, and it was someone who is not his mortal enemy?
I'm not saying there aren't good answers, I just wanna see what Typh has to say. I have no read on him.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

I'm not saying there aren't good answers, I just wanna see what Typh has to say. I have no read on him.
Sorry. I would have kept it to myself if it didn't seem like your point was directed at everyone.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

That sounded way more passive than I meant it to.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:That sounded way more passive than I meant it to.
Lol no worries. I did word it like it was an open discussion. But I'm mainly looking for Typh's input. It just seemed like a weird little thing.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And Matt I didn't mean to accuse you of playing the game wrong or anything. It just seems like you're only interested in these odd tangents. If you've got something to say about MP come out and say it but it's weird to ask everyone if they think he's a certain role and then follow up with "I thought it was common knowledge?"
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:

I just don't know what your aim is. I think you'd be more successful if you didn't play solely on your own terms. We're all trying to figure out the game together and you're off in la la land.
Maybe I missed it, but why doesn't anyone think Wilgy could be Robin?

After the Day 1 lynch, Wilgy gave Scotty topsy civ honors in a rainbow list. I think a Wilgy who wasn't Robin would be smarter then that to auto assume Scotty was Robin, and realize that though it's nowhere stated in the roles, that it's possible a bad guy has a lynch stop somehow. Not only does he give Scotty top honor civ in his rainbow list, he makes him blue. Not the regular green, but blue, like "Yo this dude is civ for realz". If Golden is correct and Scotty was the Commish, perhaps Wilgy as Robin saw that.

Though it's also possible Wilgy was a bad dude and painted Scotty blue so he could buddy up to him. But still, I wonder.

:ponder:

I do recall Typh asking folks "how did Wilgy switch if he wasn't here?" and though Wilgy does have his settings set so we can see him, who's to say he didn't go dark for awhile and stop the lynch, then switch himself back on again?

Also, no worries Turnip, I play weird I know. I just like to get opinions sometimes before I fully state my thought process derp. Anyway, you're still totally sketch so I'm not taking anything you say personally. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Matt wrote:Maybe I missed it, but why doesn't anyone think Wilgy could be Robin?
Try an ISO of MP. It could be the 15 posts where he basically says 'I'm not saying I'm Robin, I'm just demonstrating why you should exclude all other possibilities, and demonstrating how I've set it up so that I could prove I was Robin (even though I'm not saying I was Robin) since a very long time ago, when I stopped Scotty from dying and learned his role (but I'm not saying I was Robin)'
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

Unlike some of you, I have a full time job and other commitments that mean I can't spend every waking minute here. I do my best to contribute to this game and again, unlike some of you I am uncomfortable lynching a fellow player without some semblance of a case against them. I'd like to think that especailly as we get deeper into these games I prefer to substantiate my lynch with a case based on at least some kind of loose logic and to do so takes time. You may not have seen this from me because I think this is a personal best for me reaching Day 6 in one of your games but like it or not, it's how I roll.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 5]

Post by Dom »

sprityo wrote:
Dom wrote:Sprit why did you attempt to discredit me by saying I was rude and mean (a tactic already tried in this game against me)?
i already explained that to you earlier, i legitimately felt offended by what you said to me
When you felt discredited by me, that was not okay.
When you attempt to discredit me by using the same tactics others have in that in this game it IS okay?
Got it.
sprityo wrote:quite honestly turnip, im just so freakin lazy. like i'd have to sit down out of my 4 hours i get to personal time out of the week to actually build a case on someone, and im just a terrible player for it, dont get me wrong, i could do it but like, i dont really need to in this game anymore? i mean cause ~reasons to be revealed upon death~
Epi would have a field day with this.

Nice role claim, where'd you get it?

Glorfindel wrote:
Unlike some of you, I have a full time job and other commitments that mean I can't spend every waking minute here. I do my best to contribute to this game and again, unlike some of you I am uncomfortable lynching a fellow player without some semblance of a case against them. I'd like to think that especailly as we get deeper into these games I prefer to substantiate my lynch with a case based on at least some kind of loose logic and to do so takes time. You may not have seen this from me because I think this is a personal best for me reaching Day 6 in one of your games but like it or not, it's how I roll.
When did you get so judgmental? When did your politeness turn into a sour attitude about working? I student teach, have two jobs, take two classes, and have a social life. I post here too. It does not make me better than any one else who posts here. So, this lashing out is very suspect to me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I bolded "just so freakin" when it should have been underlined in that above post. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:

How ironic after you said this earlier in the game my friend...
Golden wrote:@glorf - You and sprit are new, and so is nerolunar, but I don't think any of you are being suspected for being new. Nero was correctly identified as bad. You were (perhaps erroneously) taking votes for your apparent Two Face claim, which you've since defended against and don't seem on the block today.

Sprit is playing his second game here, and some people have identified he is playing differently.

Putting that aside, I think almost any new player normally gets a small period of grace (one or two games) and then goes through a rough patch where they get incorrectly lynched because people think they have now got a handle on what kind of player they are and see them 'playing differently'. It certainly happened to me. Your point is fair in that sense...
Let me tell you, your credibility with me (as an individual, unrelated to this game) has taken a serious blow as a consequence of this. Let me tell you what this says to me. It says that like other players here, you're always going to support the more experienced players here over someone newer like me. The fact is, it's easier to dismiss the arguments of a newer player over those to whom you've had a lot of game exposure. That much is undeniable and you do so at your peril. I am convinced of the veracity of my argument from the last Day phase and intend to pursue that case for the remainder of this Day phase unless I can be convinced otherwise.

As for your assertion that my game here is more similar to my Star Wars performance, you'd better come at me with more than a vague statement like that my friend. Specifically how is it similar? On what basis are you making that assertion?

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

sprityo wrote:Mac has a point though in what loran just quoted, to have a wagon on me after having no previous momentum/suspicion, would look incredibly terrible on the people who voted me

Okay not "incredibly terrible" but "scummy."
Happy to do my best to get your name right. :p

And I voted for you because I found your posting suspicious. That hasn't really changed, tbh.
DharmaHelper wrote:It's mad late and I promise I'll do the legwork of this at some point but check this shit out:

I bet if we cross reference the list of players who voted to go to locations other than the ones sabie went to with the list of say, Mac or Sprityo or w/e voter, we will end up with a pretty meaty case for her teammate(s).
I think this is a good idea.
DharmaHelper wrote:Turns out that was a short list.

LoRab
Matt
SVS
Even if the result includes me. I know it's not me that's bad, though. Looking at the fuller list there's a lot of overlap in our choices over time--I'd be interested in seeing a fuller picture of the overlap of choices between players.

i still think it was a good idea to make this list, though. Just hoping that false conclusions aren't jumped to about me.

I also think that a teammate could have voted sabie and that those names shouldn't be excluded (I think you said at some point you made the list based on who hadn't voted Sabie, although I could be conflating ideas.

But, even though there were multiple votes on sprit, we don't know his (his?) identity and could also be bad. Mac, too, for that matter--although I don't actually suspect him at this point. But pointing out that dropping a role hint means absolutely nothing. And to say that people have no reason to vote for him is disingenuous.
MacDougall wrote:Let's lynch spirityo as well

And lorab. Especially lorab.
I agree on sprityo. I disagree on me.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

I'm not lashing out at all Dom and I'm sorry if you've interpreted it that way. I was trying to address TH's criticism of my play style this game. I think what I'm trying to say is that I'd like to think my approach to my lynch choices could be considered to be thoughtful, considered and 'deliberate'. I didn't appreciate his criticism as I am trying to do my best for this Town team and for him to consider me 'suspicious' on those grounds is I think imprudent and unreasonable.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

If we're talking about SVS, I think we should talk about whether or not her emotional lashing out over Mac's role claim indicates she is bad. She voted for Mac right before he claimed. She might be lashing out as a reaction of now potentially looking bad. I know SVS HATES role claims (so do I, and their use in this game does not look to be stopping), but she was a bit manipulative with her posts.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 33#p237533
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 38#p237538
These two posts are what I'm talking about.
Now, this is not NEARLY has manipulative or guilt trip inducing as posts in A World Reborn (I'm thinking of the sad bear post), so I'm not nearly as convinced. What do we think of this?

If I had to pick who might be Sabie's teammate(s) between LoRab and SVS, I'd say maybe SVS. Between those two and Matt? I'm not liking Matt these days. I think Glorfindel is acting very bad and sprit is bad too.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I agree with Dom. Dom and I are best friends now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hey Dom, I'm just bout to settle down and scum hunt some, want to share some chips and beers?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:If we're talking about SVS, I think we should talk about whether or not her emotional lashing out over Mac's role claim indicates she is bad. She voted for Mac right before he claimed. She might be lashing out as a reaction of now potentially looking bad. I know SVS HATES role claims (so do I, and their use in this game does not look to be stopping), but she was a bit manipulative with her posts.
Now, this is not NEARLY has manipulative or guilt trip inducing as posts in A World Reborn (I'm thinking of the sad bear post), so I'm not nearly as convinced. What do we think of this?

If I had to pick who might be Sabie's teammate(s) between LoRab and SVS, I'd say maybe SVS. Between those two and Matt? I'm not liking Matt these days. I think Glorfindel is acting very bad and sprit is bad too.
You, probably more than anyone, knows how much I hate getting in trouble with MP. But OK.

Go ahead and lynch me. I won't fight back. I have no reason to.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:If we're talking about SVS, I think we should talk about whether or not her emotional lashing out over Mac's role claim indicates she is bad. She voted for Mac right before he claimed. She might be lashing out as a reaction of now potentially looking bad. I know SVS HATES role claims (so do I, and their use in this game does not look to be stopping), but she was a bit manipulative with her posts.

You, probably more than anyone, knows how much I hate getting in trouble with MP. But OK.

So you don't have the "lynching me is not lynching mafia" primary reason to fight back?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:Hey Dom, I'm just bout to settle down and scum hunt some, want to share some chips and beers?
I won't take any beer, but I'll gladly bring my own wine. :D
S~V~S wrote:

That isn't what I said and not the post I referenced.
In fact, the first post I referenced does not even have to do with your reaction to Mac. It has to do with you saying you'll just hang around until someone makes you role hint. I agree with the sentiment of the post, SVS, but the tone and timing make me wary of you.

Additionally, I listed several suspects I am looking at harder than you, for you to pick just this out of my post is unnerving.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

MacDougall wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

So you don't have the "lynching me is not lynching mafia" primary reason to fight back?
I am not, but this is a game and yet another game where I argue with people over what my emotional reactions mean does not appeal to me at this time.

When it isn't fun we should walk away. You want to vote for me, do it.

Link I @Dom and you REALLY are the last person o want to argue this point over.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell

Return to “Previous Jobs”