Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 6]

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote:And yet we still haven't lynched a pro-town player.
Because we're really good at this game yo.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Golden I'm not hung up on the killing of inactives but I am hung up on her voting for herself. I was also bad with her in AWR and saw her frustrated but never did she even mention voting herself. I just don't understand that move if she is bad, with so few people on a team it would make a big impact. I'm not dismissing your theory that she's bad, just letting you know where I'm tripped up.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

Golden wrote:I will admit, TH's 'getting into SVS headspace' does ring true for SVS's view of the world.
@TH - If that's your perspective, you are wrong. I'm giving both sides full consideration. See above quote as an example. I've also called out reasons for considering SVS to be bad that I disagree with, eg Dom's perspective about her feeling towards Mac's role hints.

I am completely capable of talking about my views of both sides of the equation. Gth is a very misleading view of how I actually see the world. I see the status of people I suspect as far more grey, with pros and cons on each side.

I'm going to call out where I think people's views are flawed, whether or not they align with my view of the world. Having taken lots of things into account, I still think on balance that SVS is more likely to be bad.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:Here's a thought: if SVS is bad and is killing active players, why didn't she just kill Mac?
Who knows or cares why SVS would choose the marks she does.

Here is one serious point against SVS being bad that I've considered despite the fact no-one else has raised it. Would SVS kill bea? I think some people would say no to that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

If SVS is bad, it would only be about the millionth time I've tried to shout down the thread saying it, to have no-one listen, and only to be proven right. And if I'm wrong and she is civ, it would only be about the millionth time I've read SVS wrong. And all of that is already put into my thinking as well.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So don't go making the mistake of thinking that I am avoiding complex thought on the matter.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

Golden wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:It's not like it makes SVS bad. But some of the theories for why she is not bad don't really check out, in my opinion.
What does this mean? Is she guilty until proven innocent? Why does it seem like you want her to be bad?
I'm getting this exact vibe. Like what does make her bad?
What makes her good?
Yeahh this is a complete deflection. I don't know what makes her good, I'm not making that case.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote:Golden I'm not hung up on the killing of inactives but I am hung up on her voting for herself. I was also bad with her in AWR and saw her frustrated but never did she even mention voting herself. I just don't understand that move if she is bad, with so few people on a team it would make a big impact. I'm not dismissing your theory that she's bad, just letting you know where I'm tripped up.
But... isn't there a big difference between a game where you have a real chance at winning and a game where she would throw in the towel feeling like she doesn't? What if her third teammate is inactive? In World Reborn she had basically 6 people (including MM) and I'm sure you were all hanging out in the chatroom etc. How does SVS act if she doesn't feel like there is a legitimate show at winning?

Typh suggested that SVS was also motivated by revenge in AWR, a motive which doesn't exist here.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 154
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:At this moment, I would not vote for SVS. I made a claim in a recent game that SVS would get defensive and emotional as a baddie.

Did she do that in Home Alone though?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I actually have a question, if people are suspicious of me, then is it just there are others that are more suspicious to the point that I'm not needing to be lynched? I mean I guess I'm just sitting over here gathering wandering eyes.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:
Golden wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:It's not like it makes SVS bad. But some of the theories for why she is not bad don't really check out, in my opinion.
What does this mean? Is she guilty until proven innocent? Why does it seem like you want her to be bad?
I'm getting this exact vibe. Like what does make her bad?
What makes her good?
Yeahh this is a complete deflection. I don't know what makes her good, I'm not making that case.
You appear to be making that case, because you are attacking me for pointing out why things she does don't make her good, and ignoring the fact that I keep repeating my case.

Here it is, very clear, just for you Enrique so that you can't once again accuse me of not making it clear why she is bad.

SHE VOTED MAC TO ATTEMPT TO SAVE SABIE.

That's why I think she is bad. I don't think her Mac vote was genuine. The analysis of her night polling lines up with a Sabie teammate. I think it is the best lead we have for a Sabie teammate. I have said this like 6 times. Clear enough now?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I feel like you and TH have both missed parts of the thread and are accusing me of something without actually having read all of the context.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote:I feel like you and TH have both missed parts of the thread and are accusing me of something without actually having read all of the context.

Shots fired.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Golden wrote:I feel like you and TH have both missed parts of the thread and are accusing me of something without actually having read all of the context.

Shots fired.
I still think they are both civilian, but I really don't understand what they are accusing me of. TH says it isn't taking into account all sides, but to me analysis of whether arguments for and against are flawed is a critical part of taking into account all sides. Enrique is just accusing me of... not having a case, I guess? I honestly don't know.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

(I thought this suited well :3c )
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Clever of Epignosis not to define what timezone he meant when he said PM's would go out this afternoon

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

He didn't specify WHICH afternoon either.

I should probably do something productive now
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sprityo wrote:He didn't specify WHICH afternoon either.

I should probably do something productive now
A case?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I know that's what you're saying, because that's the only reason you've put forth. You've dismissed every argument against it simply by making up a scenario where she's still bad anyway. Frankly, that's not enough. I'm not attacking you dude I'm just confused about what you're trying to get at.

She voted for Mac, what else? I don't think her not coinciding with sabie on the last three nights means as much as you think it does. They didn't vote for the same place in three nights, so what? I've never coincided with them, either. They still kept going to places the other had visited before, where they would've found the same info. There's not really a lot to this.

You call it flawed arguments, Golden, but I see it as you poking holes in them to point that we can't be sure of anything, which I'm not sure is being disputed at all. People exchange reasons why they feel on way or another, but no one seems as certain of anything as you are that she's a threat.

Yes you're hearing other arguments etc., but as far as I can tell, you've had your mind set on proving her guilt all the way through.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Shots fired.
I still think they are both civilian, but I really don't understand what they are accusing me of. TH says it isn't taking into account all sides, but to me analysis of whether arguments for and against are flawed is a critical part of taking into account all sides. Enrique is just accusing me of... not having a case, I guess? I honestly don't know.
For a player who has admitted he doesn't read SVS's tone well, you are hinging an awful lot of your thoughts re: her on a single vote that she made. That's all I'm saying. Change the counterwagon from "Mac" to "sprityo", take away your early DH vote, and you could be in the same position she's in.
Golden wrote:If I hadn't gotten pissy at DH for all his sarcasm, I'd probably be using my own vote on Sprityo.
And we'd all be sitting here talking about how in hindsight your sprityo vote doesn't look genuine. Just something worth thinking about.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

You might even say his spirityo vote would have been false.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:Dom said he was reminded that SVS killed inactives when bad. I reminded him of a game he hosted where that didn't happen.

That's literally all that it was, until you and Enrique expressly questioned it.
....what?

She literally didn't have a chance to kill in that game. She was lynched Day 1. Why are you presenting misleading evidence?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:I know that's what you're saying, because that's the only reason you've put forth. You've dismissed every argument against it simply by making up a scenario where she's still bad anyway. Frankly, that's not enough. I'm not attacking you dude I'm just confused about what you're trying to get at.
No. I've dismissed two arguments against why she is bad because I think they are flawed, as well as one argument in favour of why she is bad. I've agreed with other scenarios about why she is good.

Now, do you think the scnenarios I've dismissed hold water? Do you think SVS kills inactives, and it's so reliable that I shouldn't dismiss that argument? Do you think a baddie SVS would never self vote? Because those are the two arguments I've dismissed.
Enrique wrote:You call it flawed arguments, Golden, but I see it as you poking holes in them to point that we can't be sure of anything, which I'm not sure is being disputed at all. People exchange reasons why they feel on way or another, but no one seems as certain of anything as you are that she's a threat.

Yes you're hearing other arguments etc., but as far as I can tell, you've had your mind set on proving her guilt all the way through.
I'm not in any way certain she is a threat. I do think she is bad. I've never said anything more than what I think. I don't have any VERY strong read that someone is bad, including SVS. I don't have any read on anyone that even approaches certainty. And I'm by no means sure that I want to vote SVS today. If anyone is pushing the narrative that I'm absolutely certain SVS is bad, it certainly isn't me. As you point out, my case isn't massive. I even said I'm hoping for the time to go and test it against earlier behaviour, which I haven't done yet.

So what exactly have I done, that you think I should have done differently? And even if you were right, that I feel very certain about it, why does that bother you? Do you think I would have baddie reasons to want SVS gone?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:Dom said he was reminded that SVS killed inactives when bad. I reminded him of a game he hosted where that didn't happen.

That's literally all that it was, until you and Enrique expressly questioned it.
....what?

She literally didn't have a chance to kill in that game. She was lynched Day 1. Why are you presenting misleading evidence?
Go read your own game, Dom. SVS convinced me and ninja to vote with her on the last day to ensure her mafia team won the game, after having plenty of opportunities to kill.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Shots fired.
For a player who has admitted he doesn't read SVS's tone well, you are hinging an awful lot of your thoughts re: her on a single vote that she made. That's all I'm saying. Change the counterwagon from "Mac" to "sprityo", take away your early DH vote, and you could be in the same position she's in.
Golden wrote:If I hadn't gotten pissy at DH for all his sarcasm, I'd probably be using my own vote on Sprityo.
And we'd all be sitting here talking about how in hindsight your sprityo vote doesn't look genuine. Just something worth thinking about.
What's your point? Why are you so defensive of SVS that it seems like a personal affront to you that I could suspect her?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't feel like SVS has been on her civ game at all this game. I suspected her before the vote.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

Hey DharmaHelper, you're not a civ hey?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote:Hey DharmaHelper, you're not a civ hey?
Hey Mac, dismissed.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Hey DharmaHelper, you're not a civ hey?
Hey Mac, dismissed.
Yeah but like you aren't a civ hey?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

TH, my perspective of you going after me boils down to this. "Oy, golden. I'm hitting you with the blue shell. Snap out of it. SVS is good."

And I'm beginning to think maybe you know what you are talking about.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Let's lynch DharmaHelper.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:TH, my perspective of you going after me boils down to this. "Oy, golden. I'm hitting you with the blue shell. Snap out of it. SVS is good."

I don't know what I'm talking about, if you're implying that I have info. I just disagree with your findings and I'm trying to communicate to you why.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:TH, my perspective of you going after me boils down to this. "Oy, golden. I'm hitting you with the blue shell. Snap out of it. SVS is good."

I don't know what I'm talking about, if you're implying that I have info. I just disagree with your findings and I'm trying to communicate to you why.
I fully understand why, and have for a while. You have made by far the most persuasive arguments in SVS favour (Typhoony has helped a little too). But I haven't made any findings yet, and I'm not going to make any, or to change my own 'read', until I've had a chance to look back on her pre-sabie content for myself. Everyone seems to be superficially focussed on her behaviour in the last phase alone.

To be clear (as with earlier in the game and not voting Enrique) I wouldn't vote for SVS ahead of sprit if I didn't have time to do that either.

But I am still going to call out bad arguments - whatever side they are on.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

sprityo "doesn't need to be in the game anymore," am I the only one curious to confirm he's not bullshitting?
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I mean, seriously TH - SVS is good because no inactives have been nked?

That's where this began... with Dom aclling me out for being 'misleading' for accurately stating what happened in Bullets Over Broadway, as a counter to him thinking SVS was good because no inactives have died.

Can you not see why it is actually important and useful to debunk bad arguments.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Enrique wrote:sprityo "doesn't need to be in the game anymore," am I the only one curious to confirm he's not bullshitting?
I want to lynch so many players. He's one.

Let's just get to the lynching.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:sprityo "doesn't need to be in the game anymore," am I the only one curious to confirm he's not bullshitting?
I figured we could save him for a rainy day. It's not like he's taking up much space :flamed:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

again, all talk, no action

if you want me gone, by golly do it. otherwise think through whatever else we have
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think a case could be made that sprityo is Mr. Freeze and has already won the game. Correct me if I'm wrong but we've only seen one player silenced by Montoya and no kills from Freeze. Maybe he blocked her early and now he's twiddling his thumbs
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

just dont overthink it TH
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

that sounds subtly riddler-esq and i did not mean that
Banners:
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So Freeze wins even if he's lynched?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

@Hosts: Is Mr. Freeze told if his win conditions are met?
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MacDougall wrote:So Freeze wins even if he's lynched?
I'm pretty sure I asked earlier if he had to be alive and the answer was no.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote:@Hosts: Does Mr. Freeze have to be alive to win? (before he goes postal)
No.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sprityo wrote:that sounds subtly riddler-esq and i did not mean that
I did not think it sounded either subtle or riddler-esque lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay so like. He roleblocked Montoya twice, has won ... but Montoya is still alive?

So now he's just an agent of chaos with a double roleblock every night?

Hey Spirityo can you not roleblock me anymore kthx.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Calling him Spirityo doesn't sound like a good place to start.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:Calling him Spirityo doesn't sound like a good place to start.
Huh
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oh it's sprityo my bad. Live and learn. Sorry.

Return to “Previous Jobs”