30%

Total votes: 20
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:@LC

So your idea is to basically dump the whole traitor thing under a pile of WIFOM so big nobody can draw any conclusion from it?

I like it.
I like it too

LC is the first person to get a colour on my rainbow. It's very lightly green.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Sloonei wrote:This is me making a Mafia post from the top of the CN Tower, for some reason.
What you doing there?
My girlfriend is a real authentic Canadian lady, and I'm visiting her for her birthday this week. She has been trying to drag me up there for a long time despite my very silly fear of heights. Yesterday that finally happened. I've had time to get caught up on everything this morning because, as an authentic lady, she spends over an hour getting herself ready in the morning.
I don't understand. Is it the CN tower she had to drag you up, or is it that you think Canada is higher than the USA...
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Sloonei wrote:snip
What is the point of asking silverworlf, or any player at all, if they are town? Also if silverwolf is the player you feel you can read the best, why are you focusing so much on her? Shouldn't you work on the players you can't read so well?[/quote]

Reactoins, reads, what they say. I mean theres like endless reasons to ask it in general. To undertsand ym you first need to knwo i need a person i can talk to and trust. silver is the only person here i knwo and i can read acurately. So if shes scum i push her hard to get her lynched. If shes town we have the ultimate syagery and can decimate scums.

Players i cant read so well (aka everyone else) im not trying to sort on a day 1 phase. it would be more around mid/late day 2/day 3 where i try to do so
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
Long Con wrote:here we (mostly) are like a large, extended family. At least in my opinion. I love every active member here, this community is truly wonderful.
QFT
+1

You all are amazing, and I'm really proud of the community that has developed here at The Syndicate. I also am proud to say that I regularly interact with many of my closest friends here. :D
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm pretty sure MP is the post leader in this thread even though he isn't even playing :suspish:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Civilians
I'm sorry, but I can't handle this. I'll save you the trouble, but please fix it! I know I'm a pain in the ass.

Civilians
So, you had a problem with the fact that all the vowels were pink and all the consonants blue, and demanded your own pattern of alternating letters instead? :suspish:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, screw that. The S was pink. Sorry LC. :sheepish:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Diiny wrote:Reading back, I'll also extend that question to Golden, who posted a lot about the setup/plan but not much about players which research shows is a tad out of character.
I hadn't bothered reading much of the thread. I've just sat down to do my first read through now. I am getting quite a few non-null reads. Unless something happens to change my mind, I won't be voting for LC, DDL, sloonei, mongoose, epi, SVS or silverwolf. I don't really have much in the way of pings yet, but I'll see where I'm at when I'm caught up.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DrWilgy »

Diiny wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Dragon, why am I in specific civ? We are all discussing this yes?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:But usually civs who come up with these crazy plans early tend to be civ from my experience. It's too much of a gambit to fake that, I believe.
You clearly underestimate me.
Good game, wilgy, but your pride was your downfall

:clap:

Wilgy
Got me!
RadicalFuzz wrote:Wilgy you knew perfectly well that your voting plan wasn't going to work before you posted it.
So why did I do it?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:@agle I don't think the don knows who the capo/crew are. Just the consigliere. From what I gather it's all done via PM's to the family's host.
Didn't understand this, so went and checked the roles. I figure what you mean is that the don only knows who the consigliere is. It looks like the consigliere has btsc with the don, but neither know who the capo/crew are. Perhaps the don is able to invent a mission to figure it out, though? :shrug:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:I've been thinking about the capo/crew team more than anything else lately. Given their role, they should have a task to do today, yes? I'll be keeping an eye out and hopefully I can get some town reads from that hypothesis.
The Don "every night, he..." so no I'd say they have their first task to do on day 2.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:I'm going to go with my strategy (which I also urge other people to follow) and 'unofficially' vote ika.

I find it curious that ika would come into the thread in the middle of a discussion about how we should tackle the traitor/don problem and completely ignore the current strategies proposed and just throw a vote where it went. On top of that, there was no elaboration to his vote at all, and he hadn't even posted in the thread until I called him out on her vote. I feel like everything he has said since has been an excuse.

@agle I don't think the don knows who the capo/crew are. Just the consigliere. From what I gather it's all done via PM's to the family's host.
There has been too much focus on the don/traitor thing. That's a minor concern at best. I see no problem with ika's behavior as you described it.
At day 1 I think we should be addressing even the minor concerns. I'm aware that in the long run the traitors are going to be triggered regardless, but even so, I think we should be trying to delay that risk for the safety of the dons.
I've got no problem with it being addressed, but I think the proposals being made in the thread were over-reactions to a very minor point and there is no need to continue discussing it beyond what has been said. So I should stop saying things about it now.
How's your first Big Game going so far?
I feel like this game could go on for weeks, I'm curious to see how the dynamic changes over such a long period.
It will certainly last longer than Zodiac mafia :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

agleaminranks wrote:
I wasn't referring to you doing so unwittingly, I just recall instances in other games (and from personal experiences) that someone can oftentimes unwillingly get a bandwagon going against them early on from one misplaced word or unintentionally ambiguous statement. Especially early on when there's not much to go on and people are looking for any sort of footing to latch on to.
Also known in recent times as 'why sig gets lynched in the early game so often'.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Voting Diiny for now

He reminds me of the game where we were bad together, getting stuck in and creating a supatown image very early. If we are talking about there being meat to the bones, I think Diiny has been happy chasing bones with no meat at all.

Diiny - which bones that you've been chasing do you actually think have meat? You seem to be asking a lot of questions of people to provide reads, but the only read I really get a sense of from you is ika (I don't even know if you genuinely suspect wilgy). What are your current views on who seems good and bad?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:@agle I don't think the don knows who the capo/crew are. Just the consigliere. From what I gather it's all done via PM's to the family's host.
Didn't understand this, so went and checked the roles. I figure what you mean is that the don only knows who the consigliere is. It looks like the consigliere has btsc with the don, but neither know who the capo/crew are. Perhaps the don is able to invent a mission to figure it out, though? :shrug:
That's what I meant, yeah. I have no idea the potential that the capo/crew roles have, but that would be really interesting to see if they could use it for info gathering purposes.
Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:I've been thinking about the capo/crew team more than anything else lately. Given their role, they should have a task to do today, yes? I'll be keeping an eye out and hopefully I can get some town reads from that hypothesis.
The Don "every night, he..." so no I'd say they have their first task to do on day 2.
My apologies. I was going off of the role description for capo where it just said 'each cycle'. Took it to mean that they'd have a mission each day, night, day, etc.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Matt »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Exhibit A

Saturday, March 5th
9:55 PM
Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:@LC

So your idea is to basically dump the whole traitor thing under a pile of WIFOM so big nobody can draw any conclusion from it?

I like it.
I like it too

LC is the first person to get a colour on my rainbow. It's very lightly green.
Exhibit B

Saturday, March 5th
10:10 PM
Golden wrote:
Diiny wrote:Reading back, I'll also extend that question to Golden, who posted a lot about the setup/plan but not much about players which research shows is a tad out of character.
I hadn't bothered reading much of the thread. I've just sat down to do my first read through now. I am getting quite a few non-null reads. Unless something happens to change my mind, I won't be voting for LC, DDL, sloonei, mongoose, epi, SVS or silverwolf. I don't really have much in the way of pings yet, but I'll see where I'm at when I'm caught up.
In a 15 minute time span, Golden went from placing the first person (Long Con - light green) onto his rainbow list...to then saying he would not vote for 7 different players total. Keep in mind for 3 of those minutes, Golden was busy making suss face jokes at MP then realizing he had made a mistake with his joke, and another minute speaking off-topic about Canada. So really, in an 11 minute time span, Golden decreed that six different players wouldn't be receiving his vote today.

I think that's odd. :ponder:
Image Image Image Image
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:snip
What is the point of asking silverworlf, or any player at all, if they are town? Also if silverwolf is the player you feel you can read the best, why are you focusing so much on her? Shouldn't you work on the players you can't read so well?
Reactoins, reads, what they say. I mean theres like endless reasons to ask it in general. To undertsand ym you first need to knwo i need a person i can talk to and trust. silver is the only person here i knwo and i can read acurately. So if shes scum i push her hard to get her lynched. If shes town we have the ultimate syagery and can decimate scums.

Players i cant read so well (aka everyone else) im not trying to sort on a day 1 phase. it would be more around mid/late day 2/day 3 where i try to do so[/quote]

What are you going to do if Silverwolf appears to you as town? Who are you going to vote for today if you don´t have any reads? :ponder:

@ Matt I agree that is strange. But is it alignment indicative? I don´t think so.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

That post was from Ika. The quote messed up.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote:whys sloonei bad mr nosis
Mongoose does what Sloonei accused her of. All the time. And I have missed Mongoose something fierce. :hug:
I think the misunderstanding can be explained by the fact Sloonei comes from a community where it's more usual to demand activity from players all the time, while here the old members seem more confortable with not posting "meat" very often.

(not that this is a criticism to either playstyle, I'm just pointing out differences)
Sloonei wrote:I will not be apologizing or moving my vote off her until/unless she responds. Or else it would have been an entirely pointless exercise. But I certainly don't intend on that being my final vote.
This post was fine until the last sentence. Pressure votes are cool. Pressure votes where you promise you won't be voting for the person at the end of the day are completely pointless. Why should anyone take them seriously?
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Diiny »

Enrique wrote:
Diiny wrote:Is Enrique normally like this?

Why shouldn't we lynch you for not explaining your terrible vote?
Because I'm a civ.

Diiny, why did you hop on my joke vote?
I wanted to see how he'd react to me 'exposing' him, would've done it whether you voted for him or not. And he glossed over it like the bullshit it was so I'm happy for now. I'm willing to let his oinking slide for now, though it's interesting that he's stopped.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Serge
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Serge »

DrWilgy wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Enrique wrote:DrWilgy
Or this we can discuss this.

I can't control oink what the don does, but if I can hinder what the cops do I would like to.

An alternative I thought of, we could all vote everyone just one by one activating both the traitors right away and dispose of that hindrance. I don't know how much the hosts would like that though. I don't think that I'd like to see a role design like that go to waste if I were the hosts.

That little pink part you see there. I don't maybe fully understand. I read the Traitor and I get that but do you mean hiding the Don within the votes therefore protecting him from the cops?
Don doesn't want to activate traitor yes? meaning they won't vote very much yes? we shouldn't allow the cops to watch who's voting alot and who's voting alittle and pick between them.

Also, if the traitor does activate, he will know who the opposing don is, making potential easy killing for the rival teams here. I say in order to weaken potential traitors we work together and at least try to assign two to a vote. This is not always possible I understand, but I think it's best we all fully understand how much voting affects our teams in this game.
How sure are you that the mods will tell the traitors who their original Dons are? The best way to do it would be for everyone to vote 29 times with 29 names not including theirs consecutively in the the game in the shortest time possible, and I'm saying it should be done within 5 minutes tops to ensure that the traitors flip to the other team, activating their roles, without them effectively knowing who the Dons are because they mod are hopefully taking a 5 minute coffee break.

The traitors are effectively stronger assets to the teams they will defect to, and will have more chances of winning with them. If we screw up trying to level the playing field with the traitors, the fallout could be huge.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I don't understand your joke vote, Enrique. Explain the joke to this humourless fuck, because I just see a vote that's unexplained, not one that has any humorous value based on the context. I'd also like to know why you're civ/mafia.

linki: I'm really not sure PLACING a vote activates a traitor. Sounds too complicated logistically.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Serge
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Serge »

By the way I think someone and someone asked something from me, pardon me but I don't have a clear head right now, I'm still trying to identify everyone as everyone is new to me as I am new to everyone. Maybe I should start taking notes? (rhetorical)
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Diiny wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Diiny wrote:Is Enrique normally like this?

Why shouldn't we lynch you for not explaining your terrible vote?
Because I'm a civ.

Diiny, why did you hop on my joke vote?
I wanted to see how he'd react to me 'exposing' him, would've done it whether you voted for him or not. And he glossed over it like the bullshit it was so I'm happy for now. I'm willing to let his oinking slide for now, though it's interesting that he's stopped.
Why is that interesting?

Fuzzybear! Come answer my question!
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
ika wrote:
Diiny wrote:@ika

If you said anything before you were called out on it, whether you voted first or after, I wouldn't mind as much, but this way it looks like that's just the excuse you came up with for that vote. Get where I'm coming from?

Yes and all I can say is that it's a NAI thing. Any game me and silver play my first vote will always be going to her and most if not all my posts will be addressed at her till I sort her.

If you still think the same then I don't got much else to say.

I'm still mobile so I might be around tonight
ika-the best way for you to sort me is to interact with me or ask me questions. Voting me and saying you want to sort me just looks like busy work. I know you think I had questions about the setup but I think I've got them all answered now. Do you have a read on anyone else based on what's been posted so far?
Not 100% i have been busy as you know so i have not had time to read proper and might not for day 1. I do have to ask then, are you town? I also wanted to ask if you had any reads. i like to use them as anchor points form you espicaly cus i know i can trust you if you are town
Yes, I am but I'm wondering what other answer you expect me to give to this question? I am gonna have a tough time getting reads for now. This is my first game here and first game with all these nice people. So I'm gonna have to just follow and see what catches my eye. I might be slower to develop reads at first.

So far I see a lot of setup spec, particularly what should be done about the traitor role and voting in a way to protect the Dons. I guess I can see merit in everyone voting everyone if we can get enough people here to go along with it. But I'd prefer just to try to police hunt right now. I'm also not following all that close so need to go catch up.

I think I'm gonna have to go through and take some notes. I have no clue who to vote for right now either.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Shouldn't you all be claiming to be Mafia? :mafia:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Serge wrote:By the way I think someone and someone asked something from me, pardon me but I don't have a clear head right now, I'm still trying to identify everyone as everyone is new to me as I am new to everyone. Maybe I should start taking notes? (rhetorical)
You don't need to have a full town/scum list from the start. If you as much as point things out nobody else is noticing or contribute with new opinions, you are helping a lot.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I will not be apologizing or moving my vote off her until/unless she responds. Or else it would have been an entirely pointless exercise. But I certainly don't intend on that being my final vote.
This post was fine until the last sentence. Pressure votes are cool. Pressure votes where you promise you won't be voting for the person at the end of the day are completely pointless. Why should anyone take them seriously?
because they're there. I am not saying I definitely won't end up voting for Mongoose today, but that vote that I cast last night was not cast with a Final Vote mindset.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Golden wrote:Voting Diiny for now

He reminds me of the game where we were bad together, getting stuck in and creating a supatown image very early. If we are talking about there being meat to the bones, I think Diiny has been happy chasing bones with no meat at all.

Diiny - which bones that you've been chasing do you actually think have meat? You seem to be asking a lot of questions of people to provide reads, but the only read I really get a sense of from you is ika (I don't even know if you genuinely suspect wilgy). What are your current views on who seems good and bad?
What about all those games where I'm just supatown? ;)

I think often the best way to find out which bones have meat on them in the first place is to chase them, provoke activity and reactions from things that may only be partially suspicious.

That said, I think there's certainly meat on the ika bone, but I want to hear back from silverwolf. I don't suspect wilgy that much, and the oinking doesn't bother me. That said, thinking about it I'm not sure how much I like his plan shenanigans taking the focus of most of day one. His response to my dumb vote was what it probably should be, though. I'm still a tad iffy on you, and although you have some people you won't vote for your only ping is town.

I was unsure on sloonei earlier so I pushed and prodded him a bit, but I'm not getting that distinctive armoatic scum sloonei flavour. His response to ika's latest post reflected pretty much what I thought.

Zeb hasn't hounded me yet, which is odd, and isn't at the head of the game so far as I'd expect her to be, but I've read through her PH with her last (scum) game in mind and none of her posts have pinged me at all so far.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Some one liners that pinged me:
sprityo wrote:Day zero is for policemen!

linki-that is in fact, and idea, that is good, yes
Tranq wrote:
Scotty wrote:I will bet my [hopefully] unborn child that the 30 person coordinated vote will not work out. There will be too many no-shows. There always is in these games.
No-shows could get replaced. I see no harm in trying Wilgy's plan. For science!
Both those guys only posted that. Nothing wrong with speculating on Wilgy's plan, but they haven't posted anything else yet. Could be a very easy way to blend in.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Serge wrote:By the way I think someone and someone asked something from me, pardon me but I don't have a clear head right now, I'm still trying to identify everyone as everyone is new to me as I am new to everyone. Maybe I should start taking notes? (rhetorical)
I just asked you to share any thoughts you have on the game, so this is fine. Whenever you're ready :)
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

DrWilgy wrote: Why is that interesting?
Less likely to be a role-requirement where you have to insert it into every post and more likely to be something voluntary.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Some one liners that pinged me:
sprityo wrote:Day zero is for policemen!

linki-that is in fact, and idea, that is good, yes
Tranq wrote:
Scotty wrote:I will bet my [hopefully] unborn child that the 30 person coordinated vote will not work out. There will be too many no-shows. There always is in these games.
No-shows could get replaced. I see no harm in trying Wilgy's plan. For science!
Both those guys only posted that. Nothing wrong with speculating on Wilgy's plan, but they haven't posted anything else yet. Could be a very easy way to blend in.
Spirityo has been equally quiet in Rocky and Bullwinkle. We don't know his alignment in either game, of course.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I don't know exactly why but something feels off about Golden. LIke he is trying to look pro-active but actually just staying in the sidelines. And also he is being really friendly and diplomatic, don't remember if he is always like that.

I'm not lynching him on Day 1 though. I have a perfect 0% success rate at reading Golden's alignment. Too soon to try that again.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Silverwolf wrote:
ika wrote:
Diiny wrote:@ika

If you said anything before you were called out on it, whether you voted first or after, I wouldn't mind as much, but this way it looks like that's just the excuse you came up with for that vote. Get where I'm coming from?

Yes and all I can say is that it's a NAI thing. Any game me and silver play my first vote will always be going to her and most if not all my posts will be addressed at her till I sort her.

If you still think the same then I don't got much else to say.

I'm still mobile so I might be around tonight
ika-the best way for you to sort me is to interact with me or ask me questions. Voting me and saying you want to sort me just looks like busy work. I know you think I had questions about the setup but I think I've got them all answered now. Do you have a read on anyone else based on what's been posted so far?
Diiny wrote:Silverwolf, are you giving your friend advice because you think they're town or are you saying you think they're scummy?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What is the point of asking silverworlf, or any player at all, if they are town? Also if silverwolf is the player you feel you can read the best, why are you focusing so much on her? Shouldn't you work on the players you can't read so well?

Players i cant read so well (aka everyone else) im not trying to sort on a day 1 phase. it would be more around mid/late day 2/day 3 where i try to do so
What if I told you you have to take a stab at reading somebody else? Is there anyone in this thread so far that you have an opinion on, good or bad, besides solverwolf? I do not like that you say you are "not trying to sort" the rest of us on Day 1. Seems like a... cop-out.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I have another question:

@Silverwolf, do you think Ika is playing any differently than he normally does. Is that tunneling on you normal for him?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Sloonei wrote:cop-out.
:shifty:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Diiny wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: Why is that interesting?
Less likely to be a role-requirement where you have to insert it into every post and more likely to be something voluntary.
Oh! The only reason I was oinking is because Marmot turned me into a pig!
Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:
The reads I'm most interested in here are mongoose, SVS, and myself. Epi has said Mongoose doesnwhat she's done so far in every game, so I guess other familiar players might also express that. But I've seen nothing remotely definitive from SVS. And then me because I'm always interested in myself. That guy's really something.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

SVS is a lady.

And I also noticed she hasn't done anything useful yet. Though this is my first game with her so I dunno what to think.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

unvote

Enrique
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Also I like how the votes are utterly and completely scattered.

Let's scatter them a little more.

Tranq
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I don't know exactly why but something feels off about Golden. LIke he is trying to look pro-active but actually just staying in the sidelines. And also he is being really friendly and diplomatic, don't remember if he is always like that.

I'm not lynching him on Day 1 though. I have a perfect 0% success rate at reading Golden's alignment. Too soon to try that again.
I've got no problem with a player sharing town reads, as I always say that town reads are just as important as scum reads in this game, but for a player to come out with that many town reads before any scum reads certainly is unusual.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:SVS is a lady.

And I also noticed she hasn't done anything useful yet. Though this is my first game with her so I dunno what to think.
Her presence was pinging me as well. Have no fear.
Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
This would be my guess. Wow this was a lot of talking for a no day zero day one.
Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:
The reads I'm most interested in here are mongoose, SVS, and myself. Epi has said Mongoose doesnwhat she's done so far in every game, so I guess other familiar players might also express that. But I've seen nothing remotely definitive from SVS. And then me because I'm always interested in myself. That guy's really something.
I will do my best. Usually Day Ones are quiet without a Day Zero since we never developed things like RVS since we had unchangeable votes until more recently.

I am just responding to the last few posts (one of which conveniently mentioned me) and plan to read back. Anything you specifically wish me to comment on, or is this a generalization? Although looking at the avatars, for the most part, with a few notable exceptions, *most* of the talking seems to be non-natives, so why did you single me out for an opinion?

Linki,and why is that, Wilgy?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I don't know exactly why but something feels off about Golden. LIke he is trying to look pro-active but actually just staying in the sidelines. And also he is being really friendly and diplomatic, don't remember if he is always like that.

I've got no problem with a player sharing town reads, as I always say that town reads are just as important as scum reads in this game, but for a player to come out with that many town reads before any scum reads certainly is unusual.
He could be building those reads along the whole phase. Not that unlikely.

But the way he presented them remind me a lot of when I'm trying to look like I have reads when I'm just making shit up.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@SVS Zodiac meta reasons :srsnod:
Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

In Zodiac I was AFK and made one post before I missed the vote and was subsequently NKed. Not a good comparison, my boy.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Can you be specific about those reasons?

Return to “Previous Jobs”