Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 7]

Post by Matt »

Do you all think there were more or less then 140 characters in DC Comics' Crisis on Infinite Earths? I'm pondering that currently. Anyway, gotta get to work pretty soon. You all have a lovely day!
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well that's interesting.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:In the poll title.
Thanks!
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Matt wrote:
Dom wrote:Matt, where you at?
Hey Dom, how're things? School goin' okay? If Glee were to make a comeback, would you call it "Glee: The Next Generation", "Glee: Voyager", or "Glee: Deep Space Nine" ?
I would rather Glee never existed.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

sprityo wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:So as I was saying yesterday I still ink Glorf or Spirt are good lynch options. If people want to continue culling our no-show herd, at's not a problem wi me.
Bullzeye wrote:Spirt
Sometimes I might get e letters in your name e wrong way around if I'm typing fast and not paying attention. I didn't know at it would be a problem for you.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

S~V~S wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Also, can anyone shed any light on the acronym A.S.S may represent?
Animal Sanctuary Squad.

Can anyone shed light on why MM was killed? I don't specifically recall his suspects, so I need to reread him.
It seems that perhaps someone was listening to my case on MM after all... Was MM Salvatore Maroni? I guess we'll know at the start of Day 8 :shrug: It was apparent something was up there with MM (even if no one other than Matt and Golden publicly acknowledged it).

Thank you too my friend for clarifying that A.S,S, acronym thing too - appreciate it muchly :)
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Glorfindel wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Also, can anyone shed any light on the acronym A.S.S may represent?
Animal Sanctuary Squad.

Can anyone shed light on why MM was killed? I don't specifically recall his suspects, so I need to reread him.
It seems that perhaps someone was listening to my case on MM after all... Was MM Salvatore Maroni? I guess we'll know at the start of Day 8 :shrug: It was apparent something was up there with MM (even if no one other than Matt and Golden publicly acknowledged it).

Thank you too my friend for clarifying that A.S,S, acronym thing too - appreciate it muchly :)
MM was killed by e Maroni family so I highly doubt he was part of eir team.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Bullzeye wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Animal Sanctuary Squad.

My mistake, please accept my apologies - that is true. Then alternately a member of the Falcone family - more likely in fact given that the Maroni potentially missed their NK on Night 2 and MM had posted that Night phase,

Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

Can someone point out the differences for me between Glorfindels Star Wars game and this game (or point me to a post where someone already does)?
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

lol i really doubt the mafias are focused on killing each other right now
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Glorfindel wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Animal Sanctuary Squad.

My mistake, please accept my apologies - that is true. Then alternately a member of the Falcone family - more likely in fact given that the Maroni potentially missed their NK on Night 2 and MM had posted that Night phase,
Why do you seem to ink that MM being NK'd supports him being bad? Baddies don't generally try to kill eachoer in my experience, ey'd raer get someone lynched for civ cred.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Typhoony wrote:Can someone point out the differences for me between Glorfindels Star Wars game and this game (or point me to a post where someone already does)?
I'm reading his posts over there now but I can't remember if he was good or bad in that game. Which was it?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Bullzeye wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Animal Sanctuary Squad.

Why do you seem to ink that MM being NK'd supports him being bad? Baddies don't generally try to kill eachoer in my experience, ey'd raer get someone lynched for civ cred.
From my reading of it, the win condition for both Mafia teams includes the elimination of the other Mafia team so to argue that a Mafia team wouldn't pursue that goal (if they thought there was a reasonable prospect of that) seems an odd argument to make to me.

And if you are saying that they'd rather have lynched MM for Civ cred, you're going to have to explain to me just how that would work exactly. There was a case put against him - supported by practically no one. How exactly do you think they could've engineered that? I'm not saying that MM was conclusively Mafia at all - just that there was a chance and if he wasn't Mafia, I still feel like he wasn't on our side.

Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

juliets wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Can someone point out the differences for me between Glorfindels Star Wars game and this game (or point me to a post where someone already does)?
I'm reading his posts over there now but I can't remember if he was good or bad in that game. Which was it?
You took the trouble of going to that thread to read his posts but you're too lazy to look up what role he was? :p

He was bad.
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

juliets wrote:
I was junior Mafia in Star Wars Juliets and Town in Pikmin. They are the only two other games I've played here.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Yeah literally one of the two factions the mafia need to kill are the opposite mafia like why wouldn't they kill each other lmao

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Typhoony wrote:
juliets wrote:
You took the trouble of going to that thread to read his posts but you're too lazy to look up what role he was? :p

He was bad.
I didn't know where to look that up and thanks Gorfindel to you and Typh.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

DharmaHelper wrote:Yeah literally one of the two factions the mafia need to kill are the opposite mafia like why wouldn't they kill each other lmao
Because the civs who outnumber them many times are doing a fine job of getting rid of the opposite teams since, you know, that's what we use the thread for?
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

juliets wrote:
Typhoony wrote:
juliets wrote:

He was bad.
I didn't know where to look that up and thanks Gorfindel to you and Typh.
I'd frankly be very interested on your take on that question my friend.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok I've read through Star Wars and see you had many less posts in that game than in this one so far. I haven't read your iso in this game recently though so I need to do that before i can really compare. I have a few things to do first so it will be a little while before I can do the comparison.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

juliets wrote:Ok I've read through Star Wars and see you had many less posts in that game than in this one so far. I haven't read your iso in this game recently though so I need to do that before i can really compare. I have a few things to do first so it will be a little while before I can do the comparison.
That's fine my friend. I sincerely appreciate your candor in relation to this matter.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Enrique wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Yeah literally one of the two factions the mafia need to kill are the opposite mafia like why wouldn't they kill each other lmao
Because the civs who outnumber them many times are doing a fine job of getting rid of the opposite teams since, you know, that's what we use the thread for?
I dont understand your point.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

It'd be really stupid for the Mafias to be killing each other at this point.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I suppose I'll agree to disagree on that, but there you go.

ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Glorfindel wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Animal Sanctuary Squad.

You seem frustrated that few have responded to your case, and yet you haven't responded to some of the responses to your case. For instance, that a bit piece of it was based on his behavior in World Reborn where you said he was civ--which he wasn't. You haven't responded to that hole poked in your case against him. Still waiting for your response to that.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

LoRab wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Animal Sanctuary Squad.

You seem frustrated that few have responded to your case, and yet you haven't responded to some of the responses to your case. For instance, that a bit piece of it was based on his behavior in World Reborn where you said he was civ--which he wasn't. You haven't responded to that hole poked in your case against him. Still waiting for your response to that.
I've had a number of questions I've asked during this game ignored so you'll forgive me if I'm not as diligent in answering questions asked of me in return - although that was one I'd intended to respond to. When I looked at the index page for that game, his name was listed in blue - my assumption being that he was not Mafia - I don't actually think that was an unreasonable assumption to have made. No, I didn't read the entire thread, I ISOd MM's posts and from that it was apparent his playstyle was different from both this game and Pikmin Mafia (where he was Mafia). My understanding was that he was actually a third party in A World Reborn - is that correct? I'm sorry if I've misunderstood there.

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Glorfindel wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Animal Sanctuary Squad.

I've had a number of questions I've asked during this game ignored so you'll forgive me if I'm not as diligent in answering questions asked of me in return - although that was one I'd intended to respond to. When I looked at the index page for that game, his name was listed in blue - my assumption being that he was not Mafia - I don't actually think that was an unreasonable assumption to have made. No, I didn't read the entire thread, I ISOd MM's posts and from that it was apparent his playstyle was different from both this game and Pikmin Mafia (where he was Mafia). My understanding was that he was actually a third party in A World Reborn - is that correct? I'm sorry if I've misunderstood there.
He was neutral, and a potential sk, protecting a baddie. So, not a civ by any means. The roles in that game were listed in alphabetical order and did not include alignment.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

LoRab wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Animal Sanctuary Squad.

He was neutral, and a potential sk, protecting a baddie. So, not a civ by any means. The roles in that game were listed in alphabetical order and did not include alignment.
So the roles that appeared in an alternate pink font did not denote Mafia alignment?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

Blue is for boys, pink is for girls.

Pink does NOT mean evil :noble:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Glorfindel wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Animal Sanctuary Squad.

So the roles that appeared in an alternate pink font did not denote Mafia alignment?
In the players list, the blue and pink were the gender of players. The color of roles in the roles list, to my knowledge, didn't have significance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong--I never noticed a pattern if there was one.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Glorfindel I finished reading your iso from this game and note I was reading for tone only and do see a difference in this game and Star Wars. In this game you've been frustrated at times and it showed but in that game your defensiveness and frustration was overflowing the bucket. I copied this post out of Star Wars to show you what I mean:
Glorfindel wrote:
As this is my first (and in all likelihood last) game here I've deliberately stood on the sidelines so far this game trying to find my bearings amongst you all in this unfamiliar community and now feel compelled to make the following observation:

I'm frankly appalled at the exchange that started last night as a consequence of this post. There is absolutely no question that there is little if any objective analysis being undertaken by most people playing this game. Certainly, everyone is 'coasting' on the Simon bandwagon and I for one am not so naive or stupid to think for a second that sooner or later (although sadly probably sooner :( ) I will fall victim to this approach that I've seen displayed throughout the game. It seems to me that the majority of the players in this game just seem to be taking the easy way out all the time - eliminate the low posters, the strangers... Don't be concerned about the players who barely participate and then just drop of the planet (Russtifinko). Ignore people like Nijuukyoguo who (suspiciously in my view) just drop in out of nowhere to post a vote on me just after someone with an equally sparse voting record this game had just done the same thing...

And YOU Golden - you criticise everyone for sheeping and yet you nominate me as one of your prime candidates for lynching based on your "guess"? I'd have frankly expected more from a player of your reputation and obvious calibre. From an outsider's perspective, I continue to see an extraordinary lack of willingness on behalf of a lot of you to actively consider the potential guilt of players within your own clique and that myopia could very easily cost us this game.

My apologies if anyone takes offence at anything I've said above but please understand the frustration I am feeling with what I see happening here...
You seemed to take things very personally and reacted in kind in that game (this wasn't the only post that referred to an "us vs. them" scenario). Now I have seen you in this game say things like you just thought it would be a waste of time to do something because people don't listen to you but i haven't seen anything like what's posted in the spoiler.

I'm going to iso you in Pikmin and see what i see on that side of the coin.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I read Pikmin Mafia and Glorfindel's posts did look significantly different - he never appeared frustrated or upset. BUT there is a big difference between that game and the Star Wars game - he never had any pressure on him about being bad. So I don't think I can compare that game with this one.

I'd really like those thinking of voting for Glorfindel to read those two games - it doesn't take long - because I'd like to hear other opinions based on the reads.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

LoRab wrote:In the players list, the blue and pink were the gender of players. The color of roles in the roles list, to my knowledge, didn't have significance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong--I never noticed a pattern if there was one.
It appears then that I may have made an assumption then that I shouldn't have. Where I come from, it is common practice to update the index of players with their alignment (by using different coloured fonts) as the game progresses and it honestly never occurred to me things wouldn't work the same here so I apologise for having made that assumption. I don't think it changes the fact though that his posts in that game appear substantially different in content (if not in tone) to his posts both in Pikmin Mafia (where he was Mafia) and this game. You may know him better than I and hold a differ not view to mine and that's fine but I still assert that there is something to my impressions of his posting style across these games. If I'm wrong, I will happily be the first in line to apologise to MM for my poor judgement (if I'm wrong) when this game ends.

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

juliets wrote:I read Pikmin Mafia and Glorfindel's posts did look significantly different - he never appeared frustrated or upset. BUT there is a big difference between that game and the Star Wars game - he never had any pressure on him about being bad. So I don't think I can compare that game with this one.

I'd really like those thinking of voting for Glorfindel to read those two games - it doesn't take long - because I'd like to hear other opinions based on the reads.
Thank you for that frank and considered analysis, Juliets.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

So glorf, you wanna lynch anyone or nah?

Juliets, having played star wars, I'd say this play isn't necessarily dissimilar.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dom wrote:So glorf, you wanna lynch anyone or nah?

Juliets, having played star wars, I'd say this play isn't necessarily dissimilar.
Ok Dom, I know it feels different when you're playing than when you're simply reading like I did. I just thought there was more frustration and meltdown than in this game but will give weight to your read having been there.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Yes, Dom - I do. I am experiencing some technical difficulties here at the moment that are making posting incredibly annoying. I am trying to address these issues as quickly as I am able but given that I want to post a considered case to support my vote, I trust that you will bear with me in this.

I also appreciate your perspective on the comparison of my posts and playstyle in previous games but I would counsel Juliets not to abandon her views too easily. As bea commented to me some days ago, sometimes having that 'distance' from people and events can prove more revealing than you might think.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

juliets wrote:

Ok Dom, I know it feels different when you're playing than when you're simply reading like I did. I just thought there was more frustration and meltdown than in this game but will give weight to your read having been there.
Personally, I haven't read Glorf as "melt down"-y
Glorfindel wrote:

Yes, Dom - I do. I am experiencing some technical difficulties here at the moment that are making posting incredibly annoying. I am trying to address these issues as quickly as I am able but given that I want to post a considered case to support my vote, I trust that you will bear with me in this.

I also appreciate your perspective on the comparison of my posts and playstyle in previous games but I would counsel Juliets not to abandon her views too easily. As bea commented to me some days ago, sometimes having that 'distance' from people and events can prove more revealing than you might think.
So... who? If you can write this post you can surely write a name of someone you'd like to lynch and a few reasons why.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:
juliets wrote:

Glorfindel wrote:

So... who? If you can write this post you can surely write a name of someone you'd like to lynch and a few reasons why.
Exactly so; if I vote for Glorfindel, it will not be for his compartive meltdown status between whatever game and this. I am the last person to judge someone based on this sort of thing. If I vote for him, it will be becasue he is not very direct when asked a question, and he attempts to couch suspicions of him as being based on his demeanor rather than on his content when that is not necessarily the case.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:
juliets wrote:

Glorfindel wrote:

Exactly so; if I vote for Glorfindel, it will not be for his compartive meltdown status between whatever game and this. I am the last person to judge someone based on this sort of thing. If I vote for him, it will be becasue he is not very direct when asked a question, and he attempts to couch suspicions of him as being based on his demeanor rather than on his content when that is not necessarily the case.
I agree with him. I think this is evident in my last exchange with him. I asked him who he'd like to lynch. He acknowledged the question, did not answer it, said it was hard because of technical difficulties, but continued to talk about something else.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

That was an interesting exchange.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Does he agree with him or suspect him?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Does he agree with him or suspect him?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I meant you, not him. :p
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Fuck that Ghostbusters trailer, btw. Fuck it so hard

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Glad to see discussion had continued in my absence, strong points being made all around. I'm drunk at a wedding reception and according to a message I received Poison Ivy wants me to only post 5 times today but I'm pretty sure someone's just fucking with me.

Sorsha what are your thoughts on the game?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:Glad to see discussion had continued in my absence, strong points being made all around. I'm drunk at a wedding reception and according to a message I received Poison Ivy wants me to only post 5 times today but I'm pretty sure someone's just fucking with me.

Sorsha what are your thoughts on the game?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Have we seen sprit at all this period?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think he corrected someone for spelling his name wrong.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sprit, so you want to lynch Turnip Head?

Return to “Previous Jobs”