Thomas the Tank Engine [Night 9]

Moderator: Community Team

What winter activity should the passengers take part in?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Ice skating
No votes
Tubing
No votes
Snowboarding
No votes
Skiing
14%
Sledding
29%
Moving the Island (Host, etc.)
57%

Total votes: 7
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 95

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Night 9]

Post by Hedgeowl »

Epignosis wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
McViper wrote:I was Henry and took out Bullzeye.... my only good move.
Quite a brilliant move actually. So then Andrew took out Nev?
Yes.
How did Andrew know about Nev? That was such a stroke of luck for us.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote: You and Nev were brilliant. For a moment I thought we were a little civvie team. As I said. I need to follow my original instincts.
That's a play I call 'sidekicking' - once we figured out you were Topham, and therefore extremely powerful and likely to remain until the end, I started trying to seem to help you achieve your goals so you'd think me on your side :-)
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Awesome :D Well done team, especially Lizzy who was basically on her own and new to the game! I really didn't expect us to win this especially after Nev and I died to essentially good guesses, but I got more hopeful towards the end. Snow, last night I was sat in our baddie btsc just waiting for you to cast the deciding lynch vote and hoping you'd end the game for us. Then I figured killing Viper was the best way for us to win because he was either the last steamie we needed to kill, or one of two, and Rey was unlikely to show up to vote in the final lynch.
Snow Dog wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:It's a shame I wsn't informed of this lynch failure.
I was convinced you knew we had you figured out since we kept blocking you every other night.
I'm used to being not trusted, thought it was civ one night and you lot the other. But maybe you are right. I was a total failure at this game.
You did well, and if we hadn't known you were unkillable we'd definitely have wasted at least one try on you because you were a threat to us. Nev and I had worked to make it so that if one of us was lynched the other would have an airtight alibi so we expected everyone to trust at least one of us regardless.
You and Nev were brilliant. For a moment I thought we were a little civvie team. As I said. I need to follow my original instincts.
Thanks, we worked pretty hard at it. It was Nev's idea so he should get the credit but its been done many times and fooled many a civvie so don't feel too bad about it.
Hedgeowl wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Awesome :D Well done team, especially Lizzy who was basically on her own and new to the game! I really didn't expect us to win this especially after Nev and I died to essentially good guesses, but I got more hopeful towards the end. Snow, last night I was sat in our baddie btsc just waiting for you to cast the deciding lynch vote and hoping you'd end the game for us. Then I figured killing Viper was the best way for us to win because he was either the last steamie we needed to kill, or one of two, and Rey was unlikely to show up to vote in the final lynch.
Snow Dog wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:It's a shame I wsn't informed of this lynch failure.
I was convinced you knew we had you figured out since we kept blocking you every other night.
I'm used to being not trusted, thought it was civ one night and you lot the other. But maybe you are right. I was a total failure at this game.
You did well, and if we hadn't known you were unkillable we'd definitely have wasted at least one try on you because you were a threat to us. Nev and I had worked to make it so that if one of us was lynched the other would have an airtight alibi so we expected everyone to trust at least one of us regardless.
After Nev died, I was convinced you had pulled the same thing for another player too, but based on what I knew of Snow Dog I couldnt figure out how he and Nev could be bad, so I thought it had to be McViper.
I kinda feel like we did try to protect Lizzy and Krissy a bit but that was more diverting attention on to us and away from the quieter players. Our goal, in Epi's words, was to cause Confusion and Delay so it's good to hear that we accomplished that!
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:
Snow Dog wrote: You and Nev were brilliant. For a moment I thought we were a little civvie team. As I said. I need to follow my original instincts.
That's a play I call 'sidekicking' - once we figured out you were Topham, and therefore extremely powerful and likely to remain until the end, I started trying to seem to help you achieve your goals so you'd think me on your side :-)
Well it worked.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Now I get to die early in 2-3 games again before anyone will believe I'm not mafia >.<
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Lizzy »

Nevinera wrote:Now I get to die early in 2-3 games again before anyone will believe I'm not mafia >.<
Hardy har har. What am I supposed to say then? You didn't have to fake being insanified or thank people every day for not lynching or NK'ing you. :p
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Lizzy wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Thank goodness you ended it now Epi! I was having a hard time waiting that long to find out. Well it's official, I have no intuition whatsoever. Since snow dog voted for me, I asked him who he targeted, which was Nev. I misinterpreted his answer as Snow Dog and Nev being civ. Clearly it was just Snow Dog and not Nev too, but after the Night, Snow started to think Nev was good, so I thought he knew for sure. I had not figured out Snows role at this point yet though.

I did not use my secret to full advantage either. First day, no one wanted to vote for noobs, so fail. Then once it picked up everyone lynched llama quick, so seemed more and more tricky to play bad and good. So just went for good.
I beg to differ. You figured out my game with that last post, which I though was absolutely amazing. :haha: Unfortunately the PM had been sent prior to it.
I think you might be giving me too much credit. I was swinging all over the place between you and Viper. Your posting style is extremely effusive and expressive. Works very well in this game. i just didnt want you to be a dirty diesel. :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Nevinera wrote:Now I get to die early in 2-3 games again before anyone will believe I'm not mafia >.<
Prolly. Cause if you are too quiet we will notice now. :solitary:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Lizzy »

So, big group hug and off to the next? :P
Also official thanks to Rob and the Missus, and everyone who took part in it.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Prolly. Cause if you are too quiet we will notice now. :solitary:
I am *never* too quiet.. Quite the opposite really - I have been lynched so early so often because I talk way too much :-)
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:If only you people had paid more attention to the Llama Gambit, Lizzy could have been decommissioned ages ago.

Good game, all!
For sers. That actually could have worked, but we would have got Lizzy and Bullz. Not sure how long it would have taken to figure out Nev and Krissy. :llama: Also I should have known this one was yours.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Lizzy wrote:So, big group hug and off to the next? :P
Yes indeedy! Thanks to the Es for an exciting first game. Sorry Simon had to be so smart and get Nk'd for it.

Happy Weekend to all :dance:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

FWIW I wouldn't put too much stock in the Llama gambit as it's easy for a baddie to claim that they're a civvie doing the same thing. I'd probably have voted Llama that day even if I was a civvie based on that reason, as unless there's someone I really need dead I always make actual cases for who I'm voting as a baddie.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Also: Two people go sign up for Bioshock right now! I wanna play it! :p
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Elohcin »

Hedgeowl wrote:
How did Andrew know about Nev? That was such a stroke of luck for us.
Hedgeowl wrote:
Lizzy wrote:So, big group hug and off to the next? :P
Yes indeedy! Thanks to the Es for an exciting first game. Sorry Simon had to be so smart and get Nk'd for it.

Happy Weekend to all :dance:
Sorry I'm coming in here a bit late. I have been quite busy making cakes :) I hope you all had a lot of fun this game. The dirty diesels played an excellent game, congrats to them.

As for Simon's smarts, I'd call it a child's instincts. From the start, he had three of the four diesels pegged. When he found that Krissy wasn't Diesel 10, he said she must be Mavis. Towards the end of the game, Simon guessed that McViper was Henry and that Lizzy was 'Aary.

Also, I have one question...Has anyone who played this game watched Lost? C'mon, there were at least two Lost references in each Night post and no one said a thing. Rob and I thought you guys would think it was pretty hilarious. :haha:

:lorab:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I only noticed one of them, now I'll have to go back and read :-)
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Simon »

I was right! Krissy was Mavis and Lissy was 'Aary!

I forgot about the scrap yard. Now the game is over and I don't have to type in red.

:dead horse:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Oh yeah, Lost was all over the place, but I hadn't totally noticed until Dharma Initiative was mentioned, then saw it everywhere. All the good poll answers too. Wanted to vote on eggs "However Jacob likes them"
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36

Post by A Person »

Maybe I was too confusing this game.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

If Lizzy hadn't have been off the poll I would have voted for her. Maybe McV would have too. Really the game ended when she won thos badges.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:If Lizzy hadn't have been off the poll I would have voted for her. Maybe McV would have too. Really the game ended when she won thos badges.
I knew it! I said in our chat when you didn't vote Viper that the only reason you tied it up was because you wanted to vote Lizzy. It made me think we'd lost the game for a while, until we realised that we could kill Viper and count on Rey not showing up.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:If Lizzy hadn't have been off the poll I would have voted for her. Maybe McV would have too. Really the game ended when she won thos badges.
I knew it! I said in our chat when you didn't vote Viper that the only reason you tied it up was because you wanted to vote Lizzy. It made me think we'd lost the game for a while, until we realised that we could kill Viper and count on Rey not showing up.
Yep.

It suddenly dawned on me somehow as I was comtemplating following Lizzy's vote. His quotes from the insanifier (??) were bin quotation marks. As if directly taken from that translator. I dunno. Suddenly I believed he was really Biffed and Lizzy had been faking it. And then i went back to the Hosts comment "All useful engines can earn badges" and "pow" it hit me between the eyes. Any useful engine...including diesels. I had misinterpretated it before with the help of the fiendish Lizzy.

I realised she had fooled me and that was it. But too late.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

...I was hoping McV was a narrow gauge also and reywas was the mainline engine.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:...I was hoping McV was a narrow gauge also and reywas was the mainline engine.
Ah, we were very sure Viper was an engine because we figured he'd switched the lynch that killed either me or Nev. I don't remember which but we guessed his role from that. We just hoped Rey was a narrow gauge, and as it turns out we were in luck.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Snow Dog wrote:...I was hoping McV was a narrow gauge also and reywas was the mainline engine.
There's a reason I said rey was not bad ;)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Epignosis »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:
There's a reason I said rey was not bad ;)
DP and reywaS were the only Narrow Gauge Engines to have BTSC. Others were successful in their searches, but one of them was killed the Night they searched.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I wish reywaS had been more involved. I needed a more experienced player with me at the end. And I wish A person had been more helpful. He acted so suspiciously.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote:I wish reywaS had been more involved. I needed a more experienced player with me at the end. And I wish A person had been more helpful. He acted so suspiciously.
I wish you'd been less invincible. We really needed a powerful civ role that could *be killed* instead of one that couldn't..
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Okay, here are the banners:

Edit: Standby.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Okay HERE are the banners. Wow wow. Good job Tasha.

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

You guys did such a great job. A terrific entre for my first mafia game.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:You guys did such a great job. A terrific entre for my first mafia game.
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate it so much.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:Okay HERE are the banners. Wow wow. Good job Tasha.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”