30%

Total votes: 20
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

agleaminranks wrote:I don't know if I want to agree with Luffy but I think I agree with his point about Diiny and his shiftiness. I may settle for a vote on him. It's more concrete than any of my leads.
agleaminranks wrote:
Diiny wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:I'm voting Diiny, but not because I specifically side with Wilgy or Enrique. To be honest I have no idea what the flying fart is going on in that circle.
Glad your vote is well informed.
I think Luffy made a good point against your favor. As much as I don't want to say that for how fervently he is attacking me at the moment.
sig wrote:I've got a negative gut read if Diiny, his playstyle is reminding me of West Wing on RYM when we where baddies. I don't like how much he is switching his opinion as DDL pointed out.
sig wrote:I switched my vote to diiny I've already given some reasons before, DDL made some good points and I've also got a bad gut read of him. He seems to be playing the same way he did in West Wing when we where mafia together.

Seriously guys, not gonna deny I had some influence in that lynch, but why are half the people on it saying they voted because "DDL said so"? A little more independent thinking, please? And I didn't even vote for Diiny myself, for fuck's sake. Worse is that the two guys are apparently players who always get lynched as civs for doing stupid crap, so I'm like "how do I even deal with them"?

:smoky:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: [NIGHT 1] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

And "by stupid crap" I mean, "saying things that make you look uber-baddie". Don't mean to offend anyone there, okay.

(damn I try to be a jerk but I just don't have it in me lol)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Public utility: List of people who didn't vote:

RadicalFuzz
Serge
Spirityo
Turnip Head

I was curious about it and decided to check it so I may as well post it for everyone.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Coming in hot!

Not a terrible lynch result, at least, but still sucks to lose a civ. :shrug2:

I probably would have switched my vote off of chaindeath, since he checked in and it didn't seem outright suspicious.

I have a lot of catching up to do, I see.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Public utility: List of people who didn't vote:

RadicalFuzz
Serge
Spirityo
Turnip Head

I was curious about it and decided to check it so I may as well post it for everyone.
Before he chimes in: it's pronounced sprityo. Now he has to say more than just "spell my name right"
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I agree with this post by SVS:
S~V~S wrote:
Sloonei wrote:If anyone wants an explanation for my vote, I was at work and didn't have time to read or really do anything, but I checked the poll just before the deadline and saw a four way tie between Diiny, Golden, Gleam, and Wilgy. I had town reads on the first three, so I elected to try and save all three by putting a vote on the one null read of the bunch, Wilgy. He was not my first choice, but among the four who had votes he was my favorite option.
I thought you were considering a vote for Gleam earlier in the day? When did this change into a town read?

11:12AM (us eastern time)
Sloonei wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
I am going to drop a vote on Gleam for now, he made a lot of assumptions based on incorrect role reads, then backtracked them, and if you cancel all that out, he made a lot of posts comparative to others at this early stage, but did not say much.
I am also considering putting a vote on Gleam for similar reasons.
(1 PM)
Sloonei wrote:Right now I think gleam is most likely to receive my vote unless something changes. We've still got four hours, but I've only got two until I have to leave for work.
(2;34)
Sloonei wrote:@ gleam, Sorry but I fundamentally disagree with the thought that lynching no one is a better option than lynching someone. If no one is lynched, town gains no information. Town can only win by gaining information.
Epi explains it well:
Epignosis wrote:No lynches are terrible. Civilians control the lynches. By forfeiting a lynch, you forfeit the civilians' attempt to bag Mafia. I would never vote such a thing if it existed.
(granted he was scum in this game, but)
(2:57, Your Vote)
Sloonei wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Who is Gleam? I dont see anyone with that name.
agleaminranks
Thanks. I read it completely different. :cloud9:

@ Sig To me its not "highly pingy" to call out lurking.

I am going to change my vote. Losing Ika now will eradicate all meta reads that he can give us on Silverwolf. I don´t like that uncertainty.

Im going to check up un Gleam and see if thats whgere my vote will be.
I guess we're trading places on the poll. I'm voting for Ika and going to work. I'll check in if I can but I definitely won't be able to make any big contributions or read everything while I'm there.
What changed here? When did Gleam become a town read? He did not post between your 2:34 post (he had been posting fairly regularly up to that point, but his last post was right before yours) and when you voted. I change my mind all the time, especially on Day One, but someone you had mentioned as being suspicious sometime before, why wouldn't you make note of it when you started seeing him as a toen read? Since he was taking votes. I read through your posts, and could not find that point, and I would like to know what it was since I still find him suspect, and if there is a reason I should reconsider, I wouldlike toknow what it is.
Sloonei's excuse to snipe the vote less than a minute before EoD is sketch as hell, especially for a player he had no previous suspicions of. Wanting to be a part of the right lynch is legit, but not only was he part of the wrong lynch (possibly) but now it just looks like he's protecting teammates.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

ika wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
ika wrote:
Golden wrote:
ika wrote:Ok im home i will be reading shorty.

Can someone tell me if we are allowed to talk game or not? im not used to being able to talk at night
The general rule here is that you can talk game at night. Unless the rules specify otherwise.
Sweet!

Im gonna try to do some isoing does anyone have anyone spcific thatthey want em to see
ISO me Ika.
mkay one min
This is like a girlfriend "I'm just gonna put on my makeup" minute.

Also, @Wilgy, you seem overeager to have someone ISO you like you are cocky that you have nothing to hide. It's Day 1 shenanigans, and you almost got lynched for said shenanigans, so, like, everyone should be ISOing you anyway.

I didn't find what you were saying as inherently bad in day 1 and didn't understand the traction on your lynch. But I don't like the invitation to read into you more thoroughly. You seem like you are proud that you don't *look* guilty. :ponder:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Tranq wrote:I voted Bullzeye. I feel he got replaced way too fast after his vote. He took the time to catch up, vote for me, said he'll ask to be replaced, and got replaced 4 minutes after that. Feels like the arrangements to get him replaced were already set in motion before he posted and voted.
Scotty wrote:Wow. Everyone checked in. I'm impressed.
Tranq wrote:
Scotty wrote:I will bet my [hopefully] unborn child that the 30 person coordinated vote will not work out. There will be too many no-shows. There always is in these games.
No-shows could get replaced. I see no harm in trying Wilgy's plan. For science!
Of the low posters, Tranq's only post here seems very bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Will continue to scan the thread but he's going to get my vote right now.
Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed? I haven't heard that one before. What do you mean by that?
You are a big :eye: . Come on, why is it suspicious to be asked to be replaced? There were a bunch of pages after he voted for you, and I'll admit I was thinking the same thing: "holy camoley Batman, how am I gonna keep up with this" so this seems legitimate to me and says nothing about his alignment. He, like me, found you suspicious.

And by bright-eyed and bushy tailed, I of course mean Bambi- if Bambi were actually a 300 pound tattoo-covered Hispanic man named Carlos. I found your one post in day 1 to be naive and uninformed. Like you found the bullet point of the thread and tried to offer your opinion without actually adding anything.

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I love how some people who are basically claiming Team Sockface.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I love how some people who are basically claiming Team Sockface.
Who dat

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

The people who are happy with the lynch.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:The people who are happy with the lynch.
Not sure if happy is the emotion I'm seeing. Maybe ambivalence. I'm in the camp of "well, it could have been worse.."

Are you upset?

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm not upset. I'm pointing something out since cops may as well have noticed it too so there is no point in hiding.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yes, it could have been worse. "It could have been someone from Team Daisy".

See the point?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sorry, the opposite of what I just said. I meant "it could have been someone from Team Socky".
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

agleaminranks wrote:
Golden wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Agreeing with what you are saying doesn't equal reading you as a civ.

SVS and Sloonei pointed out something I hadn't yet noticed. I then read your posts and concluded that indeed, you were saying a lot without actually getting yourself involved in the actual game (hunting baddies).
When we're this early in the game and far more likely (statistically) to lynch a good guy, I'm more focused on minimizing civilian deaths than actively trying to suss out the police. That's just my strategy. You can agree with it or not, but that's what makes the most sense to me. Granted, once a day or two goes by and we have some patterns to examine, then the baddie hunt needs to become the main focus. If I'm still being noncommittal at that point, you can criticize me of not getting involved all you want. But I've certainly been participating in the discussion. Going all gung-ho and throwing accusations left and right isn't the only way to get involved.
Gleam - what is the difference between sussing out the police and minimising civilians deaths? How do you propose to minimise civilian deaths?
That's a good question. It's really hard to do because someone has to be lynched the first day. Mongoose has attempted to do so by spreading the votes thinner, that's certainly at least one way to abstain personally. I think the best thing to do is to really try not to fly off the handle with suspicions so early. That's the most common way that civs end up getting lynched.
Golden wrote:At this point I'm heading off and hoping to be back before poll ends, but no guarantees (in fact I'm thinking I probably won't be, unfortunately, as I've just been told my meeting is off site).

I'm tossing up between Wilgy and gleam, but the tie breaker for now is I don't know gleam, although I find his behaviour more than just dodgy. The stuff about not scum hunting, while connecting his voters as though they are on a team out to get him, doesn't sit well with me. Actually I've talked myself in to changing to gleam. So I'll go there.
[quote="agleaminranks"=You know what big, bold, brazen, and unbacked claims result in? Good guys getting lynched.

Dragon, you were seemingly on board with what I was saying and then all of a sudden decided to flip a vote on me. Am I sensing some camaraderie between you and S~V~S? How's that for a bold claim? :ponder:
I thought that by making this point and then following up with something ridiculous like that would make it clear that this was supposed to be parody. But I guess you guys didn't catch that. I'm not endorsing that theory at all, lol. It was more trying to point out what sort of reasoning Luffy's play tactics would lead to.[/quote]
Way to backtrack. I didn't read that as parody at all. Parody is more along the lines of: being exaggeratingly funny. Like Monty Python. Or a bear in a bonnet riding a tricycle.

You also tossed out a bunch of absolutisms concerning mislynching civs. Like you're the authority on the case. I can see why people would have wanted to vote you.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Sorry, the opposite of what I just said. I meant "it could have been someone from Team Socky".
Yes, I understood your point. Im saying there may not be a direct relation with their response to the lynch (me included I guess) to their alignment. They could even be cops for all we know.

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

SVS makes a good point on Sloonei, his flip-flopping is weird.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 140

Post by thellama73 »

So my main conclusion from catching up is that Dragon is most definitely a cop. He gave himself away early by complaining that it is too hard for the cops to win.

I'm comin' for you, Dragon. Prepare yourself.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Not sure if serious or just llama.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Not sure if serious or just llama.
Seriouser'n you.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Note that you all have about 7 hours to submit your night actions to your host! Please do so!
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote:
ika wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
ika wrote:
Golden wrote:

Can someone tell me if we are allowed to talk game or not? im not used to being able to talk at night
The general rule here is that you can talk game at night. Unless the rules specify otherwise.
Sweet!

Im gonna try to do some isoing does anyone have anyone spcific thatthey want em to see
ISO me Ika.
mkay one min

Also, @Wilgy, you seem overeager to have someone ISO you like you are cocky that you have nothing to hide. It's Day 1 shenanigans, and you almost got lynched for said shenanigans, so, like, everyone should be ISOing you anyway.

I didn't find what you were saying as inherently bad in day 1 and didn't understand the traction on your lynch. But I don't like the invitation to read into you more thoroughly. You seem like you are proud that you don't *look* guilty. :ponder:
Nah, I just read people better when I'm directly interacting with them and I'm the subject. It's easier to discuss and formulate opinions. I don't know Ika very well so if I can get what they think of ke it will help my reads. I ask for ISO's of myself frequently regardless of alignment. It shouldn't be indicative as such. Scotty, if any, what voters on my wagon stood out the most to you? Whatd do you think of my votes?
thellama73 wrote:So my main conclusion from catching up is that Dragon is most definitely a cop. He gave himself away early by complaining that it is too hard for the cops to win.

When did this happen Llama? I'll double check when I'm less busy, but if you site the source that would be helpful.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DrWilgy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:So my main conclusion from catching up is that Dragon is most definitely a cop. He gave himself away early by complaining that it is too hard for the cops to win.

When did this happen Llama? I'll double check when I'm less busy, but if you site the source that would be helpful.
It starts here, and continues with an increasingly testy exchange. Reeks of frustration.

Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

sig wrote:I don't like Nero's vote what so ever. It seems like he picked a player who already had two votes. I think one of the other people with two votes is a cop, and Nero switched his vote to save them. :srsnod:
That´s a little far-fetched. We are supposed to catch baddies here, and in that moment Chaindeath seemed to me like the most scummy player. I was not happy with any of the major wagons, so I went with him. Do you believe both me and Ika(and the other players with two votes) are cops then? If so, why didn´t you vote for any of us?

I do agree with some of the above posters that Slooneis vote did seem like an act to save a teammate.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote:
Sloonei wrote:If anyone wants an explanation for my vote, I was at work and didn't have time to read or really do anything, but I checked the poll just before the deadline and saw a four way tie between Diiny, Golden, Gleam, and Wilgy. I had town reads on the first three, so I elected to try and save all three by putting a vote on the one null read of the bunch, Wilgy. He was not my first choice, but among the four who had votes he was my favorite option.
I thought you were considering a vote for Gleam earlier in the day? When did this change into a town read?

Sloonei wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
I am going to drop a vote on Gleam for now, he made a lot of assumptions based on incorrect role reads, then backtracked them, and if you cancel all that out, he made a lot of posts comparative to others at this early stage, but did not say much.
(1 PM)
Sloonei wrote:Right now I think gleam is most likely to receive my vote unless something changes. We've still got four hours, but I've only got two until I have to leave for work.
(2;34)
Sloonei wrote:@ gleam, Sorry but I fundamentally disagree with the thought that lynching no one is a better option than lynching someone. If no one is lynched, town gains no information. Town can only win by gaining information.
Epi explains it well:
Epignosis wrote:No lynches are terrible. Civilians control the lynches. By forfeiting a lynch, you forfeit the civilians' attempt to bag Mafia. I would never vote such a thing if it existed.
Sloonei wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
agleaminranks

I am going to change my vote. Losing Ika now will eradicate all meta reads that he can give us on Silverwolf. I don´t like that uncertainty.

I guess we're trading places on the poll. I'm voting for Ika and going to work. I'll check in if I can but I definitely won't be able to make any big contributions or read everything while I'm there.
What changed here? When did Gleam become a town read? He did not post between your 2:34 post (he had been posting fairly regularly up to that point, but his last post was right before yours) and when you voted. I change my mind all the time, especially on Day One, but someone you had mentioned as being suspicious sometime before, why wouldn't you make note of it when you started seeing him as a toen read? Since he was taking votes. I read through your posts, and could not find that point, and I would like to know what it was since I still find him suspect, and if there is a reason I should reconsider, I wouldlike toknow what it is.
I was initially suspicipus of him due mostly to his lack of content. What little of it there was did not look good to me. When he responded to the early suspicion, from mr and others, he seemed better and I decided to move ky vote off him. I think at some point I remarked that I wouldn't be voting for him. I didn't declare anything beyond that because I didn't think I had to.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:I agree with this post by SVS:
S~V~S wrote:

Sloonei wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
(1 PM)
(2;34)
Epi explains it well:
Sloonei wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
agleaminranks

Sloonei's excuse to snipe the vote less than a minute before EoD is sketch as hell, especially for a player he had no previous suspicions of. Wanting to be a part of the right lynch is legit, but not only was he part of the wrong lynch (possibly) but now it just looks like he's protecting teammates.
Yes, I was protecting my scum partner Diiny, you nailed me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote:
Scotty wrote:
ika wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
ika wrote:
Golden wrote:

Sweet!

ISO me Ika.
mkay one min

Nah, I just read people better when I'm directly interacting with them and I'm the subject. It's easier to discuss and formulate opinions. I don't know Ika very well so if I can get what they think of ke it will help my reads. I ask for ISO's of myself frequently regardless of alignment. It shouldn't be indicative as such. Scotty, if any, what voters on my wagon stood out the most to you? Whatd do you think of my votes?

I'm not sure I'd call your lynch a wagon. 4 votes does not a wagon make.
But since you asked, besides Sloonei for reasons i already stated, it's really just Epi and Golden.

Epi voted for multiple people throughout the day, and settled on you for a discrepancy over how you could possibly gain discernible data from Zodiac Mafia in which 75% of the playing field was Mafia. I didn't see that game, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that his reasoning for voting you is not wilgy-nilly.

Golden is a toss up and I just don't know how to read him yet. He voted you for having a lack of internal logic for your vote. He was dated quite easily with diiny's response to golden' initial vote. He cites waffling this way and that as a quality not seen in his own baddie game, which could be considered defensive and excusatory for his lack of content. I think of the ones that voted you, Wilgy, Golden is the most neutral read to me. I am not convinced he is civ yet but he doesn't look bad for voting you.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:I agree with this post by SVS:
S~V~S wrote:

Sloonei wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
(1 PM)
(2;34)
Epi explains it well:
Sloonei wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
agleaminranks

Yes, I was protecting my scum partner Diiny, you nailed me.
Got 'eeeemmmmm :clap:

No, but what about putting the vote farther from, say, Golden, who had 3 votes.
I will admit that it doesn't look like a blatant save, but then as a cop you would know that diiny wasn't bad. Let's just say that if you are bad, Wilgy is difinitely good, and vis versa.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:SVS makes a good point on Sloonei, his flip-flopping is weird.
Flip-flopping? Am I not allowed to change my opinion at any point? I guess I'll just stick with my initial gut reads and ride them out til the end of the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:SVS makes a good point on Sloonei, his flip-flopping is weird.
Flip-flopping? Am I not allowed to change my opinion at any point? I guess I'll just stick with my initial gut reads and ride them out til the end of the game.
What, you mean Dragon is opportunistically seizing on a weak point to draw attention away from himself? Sounds like a cop to me.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@scotty: can Wilgy and I both be good?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Nerolunar wrote:
sig wrote:I don't like Nero's vote what so ever. It seems like he picked a player who already had two votes. I think one of the other people with two votes is a cop, and Nero switched his vote to save them. :srsnod:
That´s a little far-fetched. We are supposed to catch baddies here, and in that moment Chaindeath seemed to me like the most scummy player. I was not happy with any of the major wagons, so I went with him. Do you believe both me and Ika(and the other players with two votes) are cops then? If so, why didn´t you vote for any of us?

I do agree with some of the above posters that Slooneis vote did seem like an act to save a teammate.
Another one? Jeez. Have any of you guys ever seen a baddie ever make such a brazen last second vote to save a teammate like I did? Because I've never seen anything like that happen in any game of mafia ever. I've seen lots of townies do it to prevent what they see as a mislynch, though. In fact, this is the third consecutive game I've done it as a townie on Day 1. Not that anyone's counting.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:@scotty: can Wilgy and I both be good?
Yes.
So can haggis. Just because I had some good haggis once when I was really hungry doesn't mean that it's universally good.

But yea.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:
Yes.
So can haggis. Just because I had some good haggis once when I was really hungry doesn't mean that it's universally good.

But yea.
Who is your top suspect after Day 1's events?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorry for being behind folks. I had kinda forgotten this game had started and now we're suddenly part of the way into Night 1.
ika wrote:
Diiny wrote:@ika

If you said anything before you were called out on it, whether you voted first or after, I wouldn't mind as much, but this way it looks like that's just the excuse you came up with for that vote. Get where I'm coming from?

Yes and all I can say is that it's a NAI thing. Any game me and silver play my first vote will always be going to her and most if not all my posts will be addressed at her till I sort her.

If you still think the same then I don't got much else to say.

I'm still mobile so I might be around tonight
I'm ready! I'm steady! Want to sort me?
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I thought he was implying that, here we go, we already have people saying they are not caught up to the thread and it is only halfway through day one.
Nah. I was just amazed that I vote the guy and he shows up and posts.
Is he your mafia partner? Did you happen to bump into him somewhere else beforehand?
Quin wrote:I've been thinking about the capo/crew team more than anything else lately. Given their role, they should have a task to do today, yes? I'll be keeping an eye out and hopefully I can get some town reads from that hypothesis.
Maybe not. We haven't seen a night phase yet for them to be assigned a task.
Mongoose wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:llama llama ding dong, why'd you vote for Metalmarsh? I don't remember seeing any justification.
I almost wonder if he meant to vote for me since he was probably on his phone (he is away on business this weekend) and I'm under Marmot in the lineup. We have a rather bloody history of (perhaps) needlessly voting for one another on Day 1. I'm sure as hell(okitty) not repeating that protocol this game -- I ain't got the stomach for that anymore.

That's entirely speculation though, I don't know what the in-game rapport between llama and marmot is like these days.
I voted for llama if that means anything to you. :beer:

I also wrote an amazing story about his knife-wielding-mustache in a recent game.
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
At day 1 I think we should be addressing even the minor concerns. I'm aware that in the long run the traitors are going to be triggered regardless, but even so, I think we should be trying to delay that risk for the safety of the dons.
I've got no problem with it being addressed, but I think the proposals being made in the thread were over-reactions to a very minor point and there is no need to continue discussing it beyond what has been said. So I should stop saying things about it now.
How's your first Big Game going so far?
I feel like this game could go on for weeks, I'm curious to see how the dynamic changes over such a long period.
How are things at this beginning period, though? Which players have caught your eye?
ika, for reasons I have previously stated.

Wilgy has also caught my eye for his abnormal posts. Someone called him out on it before, but the 'oink's he is shoving into his posts are just really...weird. My initial thoughts were that he is one of the capo/crew and his mission is to present himself as scum in his posts, but I need to dwell on that further. At this point it is a leaning town read, but I am also really confused by him.
If I know DrWilgy, he most definitely is a doctor.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I just remembered this isn't the first time Wilgy attempts some weird cooperation game. He did the same thing on Pikmin.
He did a similar thing in Tree Mafia too, asking everyone to state their peeks in the thread to protect the cop. Unfortunately, no one really picked up on it. The real cop went after him for it, and the real cop (Enrique) got lynched Day 1 anywho.
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote:whys sloonei bad mr nosis
Mongoose does what Sloonei accused her of. All the time. And I have missed Mongoose something fierce. :hug:
Never have I ever played in a game with Mongoose.
I know. She's a peach.

I'm going to bed. I'll move my vote off you then if I'm satisfied with your apology for suspecting Mongoose.
I didn't know mongooses came in peach.
This exchange. :haha:

Also, Sloonei, are you a member of mafia?
Golden wrote:Voting Diiny for now

He reminds me of the game where we were bad together, getting stuck in and creating a supatown image very early. If we are talking about there being meat to the bones, I think Diiny has been happy chasing bones with no meat at all.

Diiny - which bones that you've been chasing do you actually think have meat? You seem to be asking a lot of questions of people to provide reads, but the only read I really get a sense of from you is ika (I don't even know if you genuinely suspect wilgy). What are your current views on who seems good and bad?
I know Diiny's been lynched already, but I recall learning a little of Diiny's meta, in that this is how he behaves in every game he plays. It's what he does after Day 1 that reflects his alignment more than what he does on Day 1.
Matt wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Exhibit A

Saturday, March 5th
9:55 PM
Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:@LC

So your idea is to basically dump the whole traitor thing under a pile of WIFOM so big nobody can draw any conclusion from it?

I like it.
I like it too

LC is the first person to get a colour on my rainbow. It's very lightly green.
Exhibit B

Saturday, March 5th
10:10 PM
Golden wrote:
Diiny wrote:Reading back, I'll also extend that question to Golden, who posted a lot about the setup/plan but not much about players which research shows is a tad out of character.
I hadn't bothered reading much of the thread. I've just sat down to do my first read through now. I am getting quite a few non-null reads. Unless something happens to change my mind, I won't be voting for LC, DDL, sloonei, mongoose, epi, SVS or silverwolf. I don't really have much in the way of pings yet, but I'll see where I'm at when I'm caught up.
In a 15 minute time span, Golden went from placing the first person (Long Con - light green) onto his rainbow list...to then saying he would not vote for 7 different players total. Keep in mind for 3 of those minutes, Golden was busy making suss face jokes at MP then realizing he had made a mistake with his joke, and another minute speaking off-topic about Canada. So really, in an 11 minute time span, Golden decreed that six different players wouldn't be receiving his vote today.

I think that's odd. :ponder:
Speaking of reminders, this reminds me of Matt in the GoC. :P
DrWilgy wrote:
Diiny wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: Why is that interesting?
Less likely to be a role-requirement where you have to insert it into every post and more likely to be something voluntary.
Oh! The only reason I was oinking is because Marmot turned me into a pig!
Haha, charade you are!

Ok, I just finished Page 7. Got to run to class, but I'm bookmarking this for myself.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Yes, I am a member of a Mafia family.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

It starts here, and continues with an increasingly testy exchange. Reeks of frustration.
I can actually get behind this. The only question I have for tgis subject is, if DDL is a frustrated cop, wouldn't he take it to btsc ratger than the main thread?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dragunu D. Ruffey-san
Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DrWilgy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

I can actually get behind this. The only question I have for tgis subject is, if DDL is a frustrated cop, wouldn't he take it to btsc ratger than the main thread?
Maybe, but it wouldn't be the first time a mafia member has let btsc feelings spill over into the thread. If humans were perfect, this game would be impossible.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:Dragunu D. Ruffey-san
Psst, DrWilgy-san. You can't vote for players at night.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

Maybe, but it wouldn't be the first time a mafia member has let btsc feelings spill over into the thread. If humans were perfect, this game would be impossible.
But... I'm not human but I am perfect... I think this is contradictory.

Why not Marmot friend-san?
Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Yes.

But yea.
Tranq I think.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Yes.

But yea.
Tranq I think.
Has Tranq done anything abnormal? Ivr just been seeing normal tranq activity.
Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Yes.

But yea.
Tranq I think.
Why? He has like 2 posts.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Yes.

But yea.
Tranq I think.
Why? He has like 2 posts.
So does Fuzz... They must be scummates!
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epiiiiii!!! Why were you so concerned with what I know about you from Zodiac? Are you hiding anything from me?

Also, did you vote me based on suspicion or based on me simply not responding?
Image Image Image
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 103

Post by agleaminranks »

Answering some quick q's before we move on to the next day:

@Sloonei, I'm still confused by your response to the concerns people were voicing about your vote for me. I remember you hounding me right up until the last minute, then you said that you had read me as town, but in that post you said now you would probably have voted for me?? What's up?

@Scotty, I legitimately was just joking by making that insinuation. You should know that British parody is the most subtle of them all anyways.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

I explained it in the same page you linked, but since you apparently didn't understand, let me explain again:

I will take every chance I get at understanding what our enemies are doing. It's how I like to play the game. The more info we have on the cops, the better.

I noticed, by looking at the setup, that the cops don't have a reliable way of killing the dons. I see two explanations for that:

1- The game is unbalanced and the hosts fucked up.
2- There is some game mechanic the hosts are hiding from us, which allows the cops or someone else (like the opposing dons) from disposing of the dons.

I never assume the game is unbalanced. Because it probably isn't, and if it is, this discussion it's pointless. Therefore, it's probably 2. And if that's the case, I want to seculate on what 2 might be.

If you wanna lynch me for that, go ahead. But know that what you're doing is basically a witch hunt: you are lynching people for seeking information. I will not accept ignorance just for the sake of looking less like a cop.

And saying my post about Sloonei is a cop out is ridiculous. If that logic applies, any accusation from anyone to anyone could be considered a cop out. I'm perfectly capable of dealing with multiple problems at once, including hunting scum and responding to your accusations.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 103

Post by agleaminranks »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Dragunu D. Ruffey-san
Psst, DrWilgy-san. You can't vote for players at night.
Ninja'd. What's up, Wilgy? You're all over the damn place.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote:
No, but the way you showed up at the last second to hammer Diiny pings me.

Let's talk about your read on gleam then. You said you read him as a civ (as opposed to Diiny being a neutral read). It feels like for him to move from a lynch vote to a civ read is a very steep climb. Do you remember what exactly about gleam made your view on him change so radically?

Return to “Previous Jobs”