Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 7]

Post by Matt »

Bullz, you've always been very wise and I will trust your judgement in this matter. Thank you.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:Bullz, you've always been very wise and I will trust your judgement in this matter. Thank you.
is is someing at should just be e default response to anying I say tbh :srsnod:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:I meant moreso my points not Goldens.
Anyones points linking me to Sabie are untrue. Because I was not linked to Sabie. Since this is a game of hidden knowledge, it is easy to take almost any supposition and find a way to find evidence for it. But That does not make the case correct. Other people apparently judged it based on the content, and as the person who knows the truth of it, I judged it based on that truth.

And there is no truth in it. And that is really all I can say about it. I can go through it point by point and say "Nope" to all of them if you like.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:
Anyones points linking me to Sabie are untrue. Because I was not linked to Sabie. Since this is a game of hidden knowledge, it is easy to take almost any supposition and find a way to find evidence for it. But That does not make the case correct. Other people apparently judged it based on the content, and as the person who knows the truth of it, I judged it based on that truth.

And there is no truth in it. And that is really all I can say about it. I can go through it point by point and say "Nope" to all of them if you like.
Are you aware of the points I am talking about? This seems like an awfully generic statement
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Like I said, anyones points linking me to Sabie are untrue. This is a sweeping statement becasue it is the truth. Whether they are your points or someone elses, and regardless of what the points are, they will be untrue.

Like I said, if you like I can go through your points and type "Nope, untrue" after all of them. I would be happy to do it for you :)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well that was about the response I expected. Definitely leaning an SVS vote today.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Good Luck with that :)

You, Golden & Glorfindel, I presume?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:Good Luck with that :)

You'd have to ask either of them rather than me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

I don't like that SVS is going "I've won awards for throwing teammates under the bus!" as if to say she'd never defend a teammate. Players typically don't stick to the same strategies regardless of circumstance, and the fact that that was the only attempt at defense she's made regarding the Sabie connection makes me wary of SVS.

I see MP's point about low posters, but I don't think they should be our focus. Even if one or more of them is a baddie (I think it's unlikely that more than one is at this point), every day spent lynching inactives is a day giving a pass to the active baddies.

I'll be voting either SVS or Sprit, but I'd like to see if he shows up and tries to engage at some point.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am just saying I can't imagine exposing myself while trying to save a teammate who barely posts. I don't love chucking people, and I try not to if at all possible, but seriously, would ANY of you tried to save Sabie?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Faraday, would you have tried? I am sure her real teammates did not try.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Show of hands, which of you here, if you were bad teammates with Sabie, would have tried to save her?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Cast my vote.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I might vote for Sprit today mainly because his only response to my saying earlier I was inking about it (and possibly his only post today?) was to correct my spelling of his name. Didn't even ask me why I was inking about it - ough tbf I'd have directed him to my post from yesterday where I explained why I was looking at him, Glorf, or a no-show like eFloyd. I'm not 100% ough yet and I've got some time so I'll see how ings progress. Doing some research for a PhD proposal wi is read open in anoer tab so I should be around for a few more hours.

Linki - I wouldn't have tried to save Sabie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No one would have.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

S~V~S wrote:Faraday, would you have tried? I am sure her real teammates did not try.
It depends on the circumstances. If there were a viable lynch train forming on someone else and it wouldn't look shady for me to vote with it (eg. if I hadn't expressed support for that person before), I might. Especially if Sabie were my only teammate remaining, though I suppose we don't know whether that is the case here.

I admit it would be awfully brazen, but I have a hard time believing that the Mac train just picked up steam out of nowhere for no reason. I think at least one baddie is one it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Also, there are 3 post curses in this game? And that's not even counting the silencer.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Where are you seeing ree posting curses, DF? I don't ink I've seen any...
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

Dom wrote:
Glorfindel wrote: You can deny it all you like Dom but your mind was made up. Your most recent post (above) proves that in spades. You've twisted circumstances (such as my availability and legitimate issues I was experiencing) to give credibility to a case that is frankly non-existent. I offerred my G2H reads and I gave them. I've done my best to support my lynch choices with some semblance of arguments but that has not any point been sufficient to quell your suspicions of me. Others have not cooperated with you anywhere near as much as I have and where is your scrutiny of them? As I said earlier, nothing I could say is ever going to convince you. I trust the remainder of the Town can exercise a little logic and objectivity for the vote this Day phase.
I have a few points about this:
1) You've changed your tune from saying that you are grateful for my consideration and cooperation to saying that I am "twisitng circumstances" You only care that I stop pursuing you, not that I find a baddie.
2) I have other suspicions, so don't erase that. I am very suspicious of sprit who has done nothing to cooperate with me.
3) I have brought up and agree with many points against you that you are not even beginning to mention here:
--"obvious civvie"
--Playing the n00b card saying everyone's out to get you because you're new

Glorf, you have taken a quite hostile tone with me. Why?
Dom, if you feel like I'm being hostile toward you, I am sorry. I am trying to be more direct in my posts now because I seem to be experiencing some difficulty in getting my points across. If I appear at all defensive it's because my elimination from this game cannot be good for my team. I don't of course know who of you out there is on my team (although I have a pretty good sense of it in some cases) but I don't see removing a fellow Townie from the game as being in our best interests, If I were an independent, I'd not care remotely as much and wouldn't be putting in the effort I am now to avert an outcome that will only favour our opponents.

As for your 'other suspicions' I share them too. While I didn't have a problem with Sprityo earlier, I am now concerned at his behaviour this Day phase and would consider him as an option for my vote. As far as your point three goes, you should forgive me for what I see as a significant number of more experienced players getting a 'free ride'. Take Matt for example. He made a statement towards the end of the last Day phase referencing his suspicions on TH and MP. I asked for him to elaborate and I can't recall a single 'on topic' post from him since. Meanwhile, someone makes a statement to the effect that my playstyle is reminiscent of my Star Wars performance (without any obvious level of analysis to justify the claim) and people who weren't even in Star Wars accept that.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MovingPictures07 wrote:No problem, bud!

If you all disagree with me, that's totally fine with me; I'd be happy with a lynch of someone active too, particularly Glorfindel (he's increasingly seeming like his Star Wars self, and his lack of hunting is not convincing me otherwise) and sprityo (though, like others have speculated, it's very possible he's an inmate who's won). I just thought I'd throw my hat in the ring again this time for another inactive lynch. I may or may not go the same way tomorrow though. Just gotta see when I'll have some time to actually put more than a half-assed effort in the game at this point, since hosting is taking up a bunch of time.
@MP - my friend, you have gone from defending me at one point saying something to the effect that you would look suspiciously upon anyone who voted for me to advocating my lynching - and all of this seemingly based on a comparison between my playstyle in Star Wars and this game. I'm asking you now to explain what it is precisely that you identified in that comparison to lead you to such an apparent about face - it must surely have been something conclusive to have led you to such a change of heart.

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

Bullzeye wrote:Where are you seeing ree posting curses, DF? I don't ink I've seen any...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

S~V~S wrote:Good Luck with that :)

Not necessarily, my friend. Firstly, let me say that I'm unsure what you were asking of me earlier. You asked for why I would vote for you without stating any of Golden's case? I've already done that less than a couple of pages ago - you're welcome to go back and read it for yourself. I've slept on this vote overnight and I'm now considering if there might be better options this Day phase. As I've said earlier, I am feeling bad vibes over the Sprityo thing right now so my vote for you is by no means locked in at this point.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I could not find it, can you link me to it?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, you keep trying to reconstrue the points of the suspicion against you into being about your tone in here vs. Star Wars.

I really think it is about your content in this thread. From the time I thought you were being super selective about what you said regarding trusting Zebra and distrusting Matt, I have had you in the back of my mind. That had nothing to do with your tone, although you also tried at that time to say it was about your politeness and tone, and again, it was your content.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

Typhoony u bitch vote for me son
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Teammates bra. Let's lynch him first though.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

S~V~S wrote:Also, you keep trying to reconstrue the points of the suspicion against you into being about your tone in here vs. Star Wars.

I really think it is about your content in this thread. From the time I thought you were being super selective about what you said regarding trusting Zebra and distrusting Matt, I have had you in the back of my mind. That had nothing to do with your tone, although you also tried at that time to say it was about your politeness and tone, and again, it was your content.
I'm sorry my friend, you have that wrong. The case for my lynching as proposed by MP, Typhoony now, et al has (as far as I can see) been solely not the basis of similarity of tone between My Star Wars game and this with only Juliets (as far as I recall stating that she couldn't see it - which given from the perspective of an outsider in that game I think says volumes). My point here is that it is others that have launched that argument, not me. It isn't true and I'm not going to sit idly by and have that untruth perpetuated unchallenged.

I did trust Zebs. She is someone I fancy I can read rather well and while I no longer am of the view that she was Town, I do still feel that she in whatever way, was on our side. My feelings about Matt were based (at the time) on his relentless and unproductive attacks on Zebs. I've changed my view of him since. He appears to have set himself in opposition to MP and TH. I suspect that one side of that argument is suspect - I'm still struggling to work out in my own mind which it is and Matt is not being terribly helpful though I doubt that it's his fault right now.

I accept your concerns about my content in the post to which you referred but let me ask YOU - do you feel that my posts since then have been any different? I am concerned that you have been looking at that one post in isolation and not in the context of my playstyle generally.

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Are you aware of the points I am talking about? This seems like an awfully generic statement
DH, I know S~V~S said it didn't matter which points you were talking about but I would like to know. I just reviewed Golden's case and don't know if your points about Sabie and SVS are coming from there or from other points. It would be helpful if you would point me or link me or just describe what bothers you about that subject.

I am thinking about a vote for sprit but I want to see if he is going to come in and answer the final few things in my case. He told someone (Dom maybe?) that he did not meet his win conditions but frankly he implied he did and then he said he didn't and I don't know which is the truth. He seems deceptive on this subject and I don't like deception.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Sprit said he'd be back lasat night to elaborate on something. :ponder:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 6]

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:It's mad late and I promise I'll do the legwork of this at some point but check this shit out:

I bet if we cross reference the list of players who voted to go to locations other than the ones sabie went to with the list of say, Mac or Sprityo or w/e voter, we will end up with a pretty meaty case for her teammate(s).

ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

MacDougall wrote:Typhoony u bitch vote for me son
Nah bro I'm voting Golden. He bad.
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Ricochet »

Hi.

uhm wow

Bye.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Typhoony wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Typhoony u bitch vote for me son
Nah bro I'm voting Golden. He bad.
With every post I am finding it increasingly hard to believe you are not bad yourself. This is a case in point from what I'd said earlier. Where is the case for this? What evidence (however thin) is there to support this?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:Image
If you're a logical player and Glorfindel is a gut player, I'm some sort of turnipy hybrid of the two. I like to play a logical game but at the end of the day I go with my gut. Maybe you see the merits in your case and are convinced by it, but my gut is telling me SVS isn't bad.

I do have to admit that the "I won an award for bussing argument" is weird. How long ago did SVS win that award, years and years ago? I know she's been on the record here at TS saying she prefers not to bus teammates and had long arguments with MP about it when they bussed each other in WWE. I do think SVS would have bussed sabie rather than defended her in that moment, but it's still a WIFOM-y argument to make. It reminds me of when SVS was on the team that tried to kill splintsy in World Reborn, and when called out SVS was like "I would not be so stupid as to have killed splints" or something to that effect. :shrug:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel and Golden are mafia teammies
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Is today the day we lynch Glorfindel?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Bullzeye wrote:I might vote for Sprit today mainly because his only response to my saying earlier I was inking about it (and possibly his only post today?) was to correct my spelling of his name. Didn't even ask me why I was inking about it - ough tbf I'd have directed him to my post from yesterday where I explained why I was looking at him, Glorf, or a no-show like eFloyd. I'm not 100% ough yet and I've got some time so I'll see how ings progress. Doing some research for a PhD proposal wi is read open in anoer tab so I should be around for a few more hours.

In fact, I will *Vote Sprit* now because I got super bad vibes from him during his whole debacle wi Dom and his frankly bizarre comment about how he'd basically vote himself to save himself. When I said I was considering a vote for him earlier today his only concern was to correct my spelling of his name.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:It's mad late and I promise I'll do the legwork of this at some point but check this shit out:

I bet if we cross reference the list of players who voted to go to locations other than the ones sabie went to with the list of say, Mac or Sprityo or w/e voter, we will end up with a pretty meaty case for her teammate(s).
I have not listened toany of them since the second. I know little about this theme, and they pretty much went over my head.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Bullzeye wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I might vote for Sprit today mainly because his only response to my saying earlier I was inking about it (and possibly his only post today?) was to correct my spelling of his name. Didn't even ask me why I was inking about it - ough tbf I'd have directed him to my post from yesterday where I explained why I was looking at him, Glorf, or a no-show like eFloyd. I'm not 100% ough yet and I've got some time so I'll see how ings progress. Doing some research for a PhD proposal wi is read open in anoer tab so I should be around for a few more hours.

In fact, I will *Vote Sprit* now because I got super bad vibes from him during his whole debacle wi Dom and his frankly bizarre comment about how he'd basically vote himself if he didn't have to save himself. When I said I was considering a vote for him earlier today his only concern was to correct my spelling of his name.
EBWOP
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MacDougall wrote:Glorfindel and Golden are mafia teammies
I kind of agree with this :omg:

And I see Typh has already voted Golden. I would rather vote for Glorfindel, for me Golden is guilt by association with Glorfindel. I feel stronger about Glorfindel. Plus Golden is cursed. But I willhold until before I go to bed to vote unless Glorfindel takes a lead.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Maybe because of things like this:
You think maybe?

And TH made one post right after I had my "I am self voting and taking my toys & going home moment" that is probably the truest thing anyone on a mafia game has ever said about me. And that is why he thinks I am not bad, and he is right :nicenod:
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote:Glorfindel and Golden are mafia teammies
Town teammies.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

I have not listened toany of them since the second. I know little about this theme, and they pretty much went over my head.
:huh:

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

:huh:
Have you ever played a decoding game with me? I don't bother with that shit.Another reason I thought the whole "SVS & Sabie coordinated their night poll votes" to be kinda lulz.

I am fairly sure that if I am not lynched, I will be insanified for the rest of the game. I got a little "task" and I gave up after step #1. The task said I could ask for help, and I did, but I was told I could not ask for help :haha:

So expect lots of insanification soon.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 154
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

It was not in my best interest to be in 3 Mafia games and 2 RPs all at the same time, but am I having a good time? Yes. Yes I am.

I see bullzeye has voted for me so once I read up on these past couple pages I'll probably have a reply for someone
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”