Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 7]

Post by bea »

rez please??? Please....
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:You won't get a frank reaction from me to a lynch like that when I'm bad.
That's a pretty bold statement. What does your lynch reaction look like when you're bad? :shifty:
It's not particularly bold. I don't ever artificially react to lynches. Even when bad, bringing in pointless lies is stupid, and has no upside. My lynch reaction is always genuine. This isn't something new. Go look how often I say RIP or even goodbye to lynched people. It's relatively rare. I only say something in response to a death if I have a particular emotional reaction. In this case, my emotional reaction was one of frustration and annoyance.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 73

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 7]

Post by Sorsha »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I really haven't been paying this game the attention I should be and I'm sorry.

Sprityo was one of the ones who's night locations compared to sabies looked like they might be teammates so that's why I'm voting him.
Point me to that post if you don't mind
Wasn't he? I thought it was him and svs?

RIP sprityo
I believe it was SVS and LoRab.
My bad. I said I wasn't paying attention :shrug:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

DharmaHelper wrote:Pretty fishy voting reason all things considered Sorsha.
lol... Lynch me then, I don't care. Does it seem like I'm actually playing anyway?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

This seems like a common default setting in this game - "I have a reason to question you" "Then lynch me".

Not taking a dig at sorsha at all, and sorry if it comes across that way, but it reminds me of Bullets Over Broadway which was a fun game for me but ultimately I felt very sorry for Dom in that the game didn't really have much discussion beyond about day 4. The game will be lacking if people don't want to actually play. I wish people would come play!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

srs bns. rez pleaz
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

bea wrote:srs bns. rez pleaz
I miss you bea!
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Golden wrote:This seems like a common default setting in this game - "I have a reason to question you" "Then lynch me".

Not taking a dig at sorsha at all, and sorry if it comes across that way, but it reminds me of Bullets Over Broadway which was a fun game for me but ultimately I felt very sorry for Dom in that the game didn't really have much discussion beyond about day 4. The game will be lacking if people don't want to actually play. I wish people would come play!
I've no desire to be subjected to DH in another game like I was last game. If he thinks I'm bad fine, make a case and get me lynched if others agree with you. Last game it didn't matter what I said he jumped all over it and just said no, you're bad. I admittedly am not paying attention this game, I misremembered who the sabie teammate suspects were and voted on the wrong player, my bad, it was a mistake.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sorsha wrote:
Golden wrote:This seems like a common default setting in this game - "I have a reason to question you" "Then lynch me".

I've no desire to be subjected to DH in another game like I was last game. If he thinks I'm bad fine, make a case and get me lynched if others agree with you. Last game it didn't matter what I said he jumped all over it and just said no, you're bad. I admittedly am not paying attention this game, I misremembered who the sabie teammate suspects were and voted on the wrong player, my bad, it was a mistake.
I will say, I haven't particularly noticed you 'not playing', even if you are thinking of yourself that way.

With a busy life and 170 pages of content, it isn't easy to remember everything or have time to check it.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Golden wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

I will say, I haven't particularly noticed you 'not playing', even if you are thinking of yourself that way.

With a busy life and 170 pages of content, it isn't easy to remember everything or have time to check it.
:shrug:
I don't feel like I'm playing much... I post once or twice a day and vote. That's about it.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

S~V~S wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
S~V~S wrote::hug:

This is my point; I am being used as a distraction to draw attention away from the real baddies. And I can think of nothing more tedious that having to defend myself against the same tepid *meh* accusations.

I would like to lynch Spityo or Glorfindel or even Golden. But every time people start diuscussion about others, I come back up. So if you want to lynch a real baddie,do it. But if you choose to lynch me, you will be able to move past it and get the game back on track. Either way, yay civs.
And maybe that is my point too my friend - you see me as bad when I simply am not. I have no idea how I can convince you otherwise - convince you of the truth. The fact that you have self-voted concerns me greatly too.. As I've made reference previously, I think self-voting as Town is irresponsible unless there is some 'greater good' that that may be achieved as a result and I take your point about feeling like a distraction. I may be making a heinous mistake here but I'm not voting for you today. I'd like to look again at your performance this game from more of a holistic perspective - I just want to be certain about that decision (well, more certain).
Lots of empty words backed with no town-minded effort to find mafia.
Thank you MP for that utterly irrelevant assessment of my post. I'd respectfully suggest to you that your limited time and energy would have been better spent addressing the questions that I put to you last night. I think that would be a far more constructive use of your time in assisting our cause.
Why is it irrelevant?
Because it is false and parroting an unsubstantiated opinion is nothing more than a sorry attempt to divert attention away from the questions That I asked MP earlier today. I asked him to justify his opinion and I think that's entirely reasonable question. A question that I now think deserves an answer not more avoidance.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

I don't want an easy lynch tomorrow. I wanna lynch someone who is hard to lynch. Someone who is crying as we do it and fighting against it. Someone like Golden. Actually Golden.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

S~V~S wrote::hug:

This is my point; I am being used as a distraction to draw attention away from the real baddies. And I can think of nothing more tedious that having to defend myself against the same tepid *meh* accusations.

I would like to lynch Spityo or Glorfindel or even Golden. But every time people start diuscussion about others, I come back up. So if you want to lynch a real baddie,do it. But if you choose to lynch me, you will be able to move past it and get the game back on track. Either way, yay civs.
OK, S-V-S - you got your first choice and you were wrong. If you get your second choice, you'll be wrong too. I wager if you if you get your last choice, you'll be wrong there too. I'd respectfully suggest you take a step back and try to look at more players here than the narrow selection upon which you've been fixated for so long now.

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Dom wrote:I'm sorry sprit. :/
Turnip Head wrote:A sprityo lynch feels like the easiest thing we could possibly do, but hey look how the Floyd lynch turned out. I'm not convinced this will be a great result for us and will only serve to rid the thread of his idiosyncratic weirdness. I feel like we're afraid to make the wrong choice so we're just going with whatever is easiest.

Voting for Glorfy. If he's civ I want him to stop telling me that he's town and SHOW me that he's town.
I agree with the underlined sentiment entirely.
Show you that I'm Town, Dom? TH? I'm told that I'm suspicious because of unsubstantiated claims that my playstyle is similar to when I was Mafia in Star Wars. I'm told that I'm not suspicious because I'm not 'hunting' Mafia? Can you not see the blatant hypocrisy of what you're saying? I presented a strong case against MM and apart from two players who at least considered my case, it was completely ignored. I'm being condemned for voting for Sprityo when any number of players voted for him but they're not suspicious. Take for example, Typhoony. The guy has numerous posts and nearly every single one of them devoid of substance. His votes are unsubstantiated. Where is there any questioning of him? Where is the interrogation of the type to which I've been subjected? And you still want me to buy that you two are impartial? I think not.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:I don't want an easy lynch tomorrow. I wanna lynch someone who is hard to lynch. Someone who is crying as we do it and fighting against it. Someone like Golden. Actually Golden.
Why do you want to lynch me. You intimated you wanted to vote for me yesterday but you didn't. I feel like its for funsies.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

If tomorrow becomes me against the world, I'll probably focus more on legacy than defence.

If you want a hard mark, I'm hardly it. There's a reason I don't get night killed very often.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Let's assume that you're going to be lynched tomorrow then. Start the legacy posts now. Get a head start on it.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

So no go on Turnips again? Okey dokey. RIP Sprityo

And RIP MM, apologies for not offering condolences sooner.

Also I'm tellin' you peeps, Glorfy is Two-Face. Leave dat Glorf alone! :mad: Unless you're the cop who needs him dead. I suppose for your sake, he wouldn't be a bad lynch anyway.

Mac, why haven't you been killed? Unless them Mafia are like "We won't kill Mac and he will be suspicious for not being murderfied muhahahaha". But yes, I find it suspicious. :suspish:
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:Let's assume that you're going to be lynched tomorrow then. Start the legacy posts now. Get a head start on it.
There are no strings on me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:So no go on Turnips again? Okey dokey. RIP Sprityo

And RIP MM, apologies for not offering condolences sooner.

Also I'm tellin' you peeps, Glorfy is Two-Face. Leave dat Glorf alone! :mad: Unless you're the cop who needs him dead. I suppose for your sake, he wouldn't be a bad lynch anyway.

Mac, why haven't you been killed? Unless them Mafia are like "We won't kill Mac and he will be suspicious for not being murderfied muhahahaha". But yes, I find it suspicious. :suspish:
Shut up for fucks sake.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

:eek:
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Mate I am sorry I am just a bit drunk and over your crackpot shit.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Eh, at least I'm giving it my all. We've got several inactives, Sorsha who herself claims to be a barely functioning active, SVS who continuously votes for herself (but honestly for all I know she's been cursed to do that), D "This is my last game whatevs" H, and blah.

Anyway, my strongest suss remains Turnip. Everyone likes him as civ apparently.

Why you chasin' Golden?
Image Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

@Our Hosts: On the index on the first page, TheFloyd73 is showing as still with us - I thought he was the subject of Day 5 lynching?

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Glorfindel wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:A sprityo lynch feels like the easiest thing we could possibly do, but hey look how the Floyd lynch turned out. I'm not convinced this will be a great result for us and will only serve to rid the thread of his idiosyncratic weirdness. I feel like we're afraid to make the wrong choice so we're just going with whatever is easiest.

Voting for Glorfy. If he's civ I want him to stop telling me that he's town and SHOW me that he's town.
Show you that I'm Town, Dom? TH? I'm told that I'm suspicious because of unsubstantiated claims that my playstyle is similar to when I was Mafia in Star Wars. I'm told that I'm not suspicious because I'm not 'hunting' Mafia? Can you not see the blatant hypocrisy of what you're saying? I presented a strong case against MM and apart from two players who at least considered my case, it was completely ignored. I'm being condemned for voting for Sprityo when any number of players voted for him but they're not suspicious. Take for example, Typhoony. The guy has numerous posts and nearly every single one of them devoid of substance. His votes are unsubstantiated. Where is there any questioning of him? Where is the interrogation of the type to which I've been subjected? And you still want me to buy that you two are impartial? I think not.
Your case was not ignored. It was irrelevant because the guy is dead. I don't condemn you for voting sprit. The core of my suspicion has nothing to do with Star Wars-- please read my posts.

Show me that you're town. Stop claiming I'm not impartial and refuting claims that I didn't make and go lynch a baddie-- something you've been hesitant to do all game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Dom wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

Your case was not ignored. It was irrelevant because the guy is dead. I don't condemn you for voting sprit. The core of my suspicion has nothing to do with Star Wars-- please read my posts.

Show me that you're town. Stop claiming I'm not impartial and refuting claims that I didn't make and go lynch a baddie-- something you've been hesitant to do all game.
I brought forward my case on MM a day and a bit before he was NK'd and it was ignored. There were probably more players campaigning for my lynching than there was for his. I'm trying very hard to lynch 'baddies' but it's a little difficult when I'm constantly having to defend myself from the false and mischievous allegations that have been constantly directed at me.

In any case, should Typhoony remain with us after the end of this Night phase, I think based on his performance so far this game, he is someone we need to look at very closely.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Make a case then. Get him lynched.

Complaining that I'm not being fair to you is not only untrue, but not going to change my mind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

Glorfindel wrote:
Dom wrote:
Glorfindel wrote: Show you that I'm Town, Dom? TH? I'm told that I'm suspicious because of unsubstantiated claims that my playstyle is similar to when I was Mafia in Star Wars. I'm told that I'm not suspicious because I'm not 'hunting' Mafia? Can you not see the blatant hypocrisy of what you're saying? I presented a strong case against MM and apart from two players who at least considered my case, it was completely ignored. I'm being condemned for voting for Sprityo when any number of players voted for him but they're not suspicious. Take for example, Typhoony. The guy has numerous posts and nearly every single one of them devoid of substance. His votes are unsubstantiated. Where is there any questioning of him? Where is the interrogation of the type to which I've been subjected? And you still want me to buy that you two are impartial? I think not.

I brought forward my case on MM a day and a bit before he was NK'd and it was ignored. There were probably more players campaigning for my lynching than there was for his. I'm trying very hard to lynch 'baddies' but it's a little difficult when I'm constantly having to defend myself from the false and mischievous allegations that have been constantly directed at me.

In any case, should Typhoony remain with us after the end of this Night phase, I think based on his performance so far this game, he is someone we need to look at very closely.
Typhoony does not write long elaborate posts, true. But he says what has to be said. I have no intention od voting for Typhoony anytime soon. You do what I used to do when I was bad, write long paragraphs of text that don't actually say anything. While I can never hope to be as succinct as he, I have learned alot about getting to the point from him.
Turnip Head wrote:What are you trying to say Golden? That I didn't do enough? After I basically gave myself an ulcer defending SVS the other day, and you replied with "I can't understand why TH is defending her so strongly?"

I made the points in sprityo's defense that he wasn't making himself. I tried to get people off of him and onto other suspects. It's weird that you're acting like I should have done more when YOU'RE the one who wouldn't consider the points I was making.
And I appreciate it when I would not even defend myself that day. I really had just thrown my hands up and said, "Fine, I'll show them" that day, and I appreciate you putting in the effort for me. Yesterday was different. Yesterday the self vote was more of a pressure vote. I wanted to see who would put their money where their mouth was. Golden keeps saying, "I don't know why SVS thinks I am gonna vote for her". Well, I was his main topic of discussion, every post where he mentioned me he mentioned some form of "bad", for starters. And Glorfindel (writing "Glor or Glorf" seems disrespectful to the High Elven, lol) clearly stated he was going to vote for me. I asked 3 tumes for his reasons, finally he said, search my posts. And I did and I could not find it, and asked him to link me to it two or three times,and he ignored me,even though he replied to posts both before & after mine.

So basically I dared the people who suspected me to vote for me. And DH did it becasue DH actually in his heart thinks I am bad. And I can respect that. He is wrong, but he has the courage of his convictions. He made his case, he thought I did not answer him adequately, I said alot of "C'mon lynch me you'll be sorry", and he said fuck that. And he voted for me. Good for him.

Golden & Glorfindel didn't becasue they don't really believe it, imo. They are bad.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am fairly sure I have not been to City Hall.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

S~V~S wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Dom wrote:
Glorfindel wrote: Show you that I'm Town, Dom? TH? I'm told that I'm suspicious because of unsubstantiated claims that my playstyle is similar to when I was Mafia in Star Wars. I'm told that I'm not suspicious because I'm not 'hunting' Mafia? Can you not see the blatant hypocrisy of what you're saying? I presented a strong case against MM and apart from two players who at least considered my case, it was completely ignored. I'm being condemned for voting for Sprityo when any number of players voted for him but they're not suspicious. Take for example, Typhoony. The guy has numerous posts and nearly every single one of them devoid of substance. His votes are unsubstantiated. Where is there any questioning of him? Where is the interrogation of the type to which I've been subjected? And you still want me to buy that you two are impartial? I think not.

Typhoony does not write long elaborate posts, true. But he says what has to be said. I have no intention od voting for Typhoony anytime soon. You do what I used to do when I was bad, write long paragraphs of text that don't actually say anything. While I can never hope to be as succinct as he, I have learned alot about getting to the point from him.
Turnip Head wrote:What are you trying to say Golden? That I didn't do enough? After I basically gave myself an ulcer defending SVS the other day, and you replied with "I can't understand why TH is defending her so strongly?"

I made the points in sprityo's defense that he wasn't making himself. I tried to get people off of him and onto other suspects. It's weird that you're acting like I should have done more when YOU'RE the one who wouldn't consider the points I was making.
And I appreciate it when I would not even defend myself that day. I really had just thrown my hands up and said, "Fine, I'll show them" that day, and I appreciate you putting in the effort for me. Yesterday was different. Yesterday the self vote was more of a pressure vote. I wanted to see who would put their money where their mouth was. Golden keeps saying, "I don't know why SVS thinks I am gonna vote for her". Well, I was his main topic of discussion, every post where he mentioned me he mentioned some form of "bad", for starters. And Glorfindel (writing "Glor or Glorf" seems disrespectful to the High Elven, lol) clearly stated he was going to vote for me. I asked 3 tumes for his reasons, finally he said, search my posts. And I did and I could not find it, and asked him to link me to it two or three times,and he ignored me,even though he replied to posts both before & after mine.

So basically I dared the people who suspected me to vote for me. And DH did it becasue DH actually in his heart thinks I am bad. And I can respect that. He is wrong, but he has the courage of his convictions. He made his case, he thought I did not answer him adequately, I said alot of "C'mon lynch me you'll be sorry", and he said fuck that. And he voted for me. Good for him.

Golden & Glorfindel didn't becasue they don't really believe it, imo. They are bad.
Well, you're partly correct there S-V-S, Typhoony certainly doesn't write long elaborate posts but my point is that this game I don't see any content there either. His posts this game epitomise everything of which I have been falsely accused (no cases for lynching, no hunting and as far as I'm concerned, no credibility). The fact that you believe you can see "what needs to be said" in his posts frankly astounds me.

As it turned out, there was little point in placing my vote on you at the point I posted. I wasn't 100% sold on you being bad at the time but you're firming those odds everytime you wrongly accuse me. I am not Mafia, I am Town. I believe as I've said before Golden is at least not Mafia and if he's not Town, I think he's still on our side. If you genuinely are Town, I suggest you need to reassess your lynch choices.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think I have finally achieved clarity :bounce:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

sprityo, i'm sorry I participated in your lynch. I guess there were just some things I took wrong or misunderstood. I hope you'll be back to play again in another game.
S~V~S wrote:
Glorfindel, you did say you would vote for SVS and she did ask for your reasons. Why, especially after she couldn't find anything in your posts, did you ignore her request for a link?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

So I vote Golden and his teammate Glorfindel starts saying I'm bad.

Looking forward to your case Glorfindel.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Golden & Glorfindel didn't becasue they don't really believe it, imo. They are bad.
At this I just have to throw up my hands.

The idea that I'm on a team with glorfindel is stupid. Actually, literally, the most dumb idea I've ever heard.

I would NEVER NEVER NEVER defend a baddie teammate like I defend glorfindel.

I am not bad.

The reason I didn't vote for you is because I DO NOT KNOW what to make of you, which I've made clear.

I do not think 'SVS is bad"

I think "I cannot figure SVS out"

I've made that clear over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

I tell you I won't vote for you and you still insist I want to.

I'm not trying to push for your lynch.

I'm not the one who is tunnelling here... you are.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm not sure why you think 'courage of convictions' is a great civ tell. If you want real clarity, I'd ask yourself why I'm the one constantly trying to question you and think about all sides instead of just pushing for your lynch.

And I'd stop and think before calling me glorfindel's teammate again because it's stupid. You say 'would you never do something different'. Well, I'd never do something that stupid. You, Typh... both of you have seen me constantly defend people when I'm civ where I don't know their roles. Think of sig in World Reborn, for instance. I put my own butt on the line for him.

I'm pretty sure Matt is right about glorfindel's role. I think glorfindel was strongly hinting two face. I think if we get it right two face can win with town. I'm defending him no more than Mac or MP, both of whom I also believe I know their role, but they aren't under constant suspicion.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Yay a shitload of stuff to read.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sorsha wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Pretty fishy voting reason all things considered Sorsha.
lol... Lynch me then, I don't care. Does it seem like I'm actually playing anyway?
It doesn't seem like you're a civ or civ minded role, no.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sorsha wrote:

"Subjected to" me. Wow.

Fucking fantastic. Alright Sorsha I won't "subject you" to me any longer. You made a bad vote with bad reasoning and you don't want to play so don't fucking play lol. Bye.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

To be even more clear, the reason I'm hesitant to vote SVS is all TH's rolehinting + his defence of SVS. I think SVS could be Batman. I thought I'd already made this pretty clear, but maybe not.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matt wrote:Eh, at least I'm giving it my all. We've got several inactives, Sorsha who herself claims to be a barely functioning active, SVS who continuously votes for herself (but honestly for all I know she's been cursed to do that), D "This is my last game whatevs" H, and blah.

Anyway, my strongest suss remains Turnip. Everyone likes him as civ apparently.

Why you chasin' Golden?
Im out here fucking trying to play don't lump me in with inactives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Golden wrote: I'm pretty sure Matt is right about glorfindel's role. I think glorfindel was strongly hinting two face. I think if we get it right two face can win with town. I'm defending him no more than Mac or MP, both of whom I also believe I know their role, but they aren't under constant suspicion.
You think he's two face, other people think he's bad.

Doesn't seem like a bad lynch option to me.
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Dom wrote:

:clap:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Golden wrote: And I'd stop and think before calling me glorfindel's teammate again because it's stupid. You say 'would you never do something different'. Well, I'd never do something that stupid. You, Typh... both of you have seen me constantly defend people when I'm civ where I don't know their roles. Think of sig in World Reborn, for instance. I put my own butt on the line for him.
Not that I don't think you'd defend someone you were very certain about, but I don't know if this is the right example.
From what I remember you met up with Sig pretty early in the game and got to learn his role because of that, ie you did know his role.

I cannot confirm this myself because LC never finished the World Reborn stories he promised (GET TO IT LC :grin: ).

This is more a post so that LC starts working on those stories again
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:You won't get a frank reaction from me to a lynch like that when I'm bad.
That's a pretty bold statement. What does your lynch reaction look like when you're bad? :shifty:
It's not particularly bold. I don't ever artificially react to lynches. Even when bad, bringing in pointless lies is stupid, and has no upside. My lynch reaction is always genuine. This isn't something new. Go look how often I say RIP or even goodbye to lynched people. It's relatively rare. I only say something in response to a death if I have a particular emotional reaction. In this case, my emotional reaction was one of frustration and annoyance.
That's an interesting answer to my question, mainly because it's not an answer to my question. You implied that your lynch reaction here is not one you would make when bad, which, disregarding the WIFOM, what does that mean exactly? You go on to say your reaction is always genuine regardless of alignment. So I ask again, why was this reaction one we would not see from you if you're bad, and how would that reaction look different?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden were you recruited
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:Golden were you recruited
No

Have already answered this question before.

I'm not bad in any way shape or form, and I think there is a point I can make to you and TH in particular that should assist you in realising I am not Glorfindel's teammate.

In World Reborn, who was the one who kept cautioning about doing anything obvious? Who was the one that got very tense about our plan to lynch Metalmarsh because it could expose us all? Who was the one panicking they would be obviously linked to you when the plan failed? Me. I was the one who was really concerned about the plan making it obvious who we are. It should also be noted that part of the reason we won that game is because I did not seem obviously linked to any of you.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
That's an interesting answer to my question, mainly because it's not an answer to my question. You implied that your lynch reaction here is not one you would make when bad, which, disregarding the WIFOM, what does that mean exactly? You go on to say your reaction is always genuine regardless of alignment. So I ask again, why was this reaction one we would not see from you if you're bad, and how would that reaction look different?
Because I wouldn't be annoyed at a civ giving up if I were bad. That would not be a genuine emotional reaction from baddie me.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

juliets wrote:sprityo, i'm sorry I participated in your lynch. I guess there were just some things I took wrong or misunderstood. I hope you'll be back to play again in another game.
S~V~S wrote:
Glorfindel, you did say you would vote for SVS and she did ask for your reasons. Why, especially after she couldn't find anything in your posts, did you ignore her request for a link?
Hey, Juliets :). Basically for two reasons:

1. I didn't understand what she meant. If she wanted me to copy my post (please refer point 2). If she was expecting something else, I don't know what she expected or how to perform that operation on this site.

2. Given that my post was within a single page of her post, I considered her request vexatious,

I'm happy to cooperate with anyone who shares my desire to have this game turn out right but I'm harbouring grave doubts that S-V-S truly does. I note my question to MP remains unaddressed, I know he probably hasn't been around all that much but out of courtesy, I expect a reply when he does.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Typhoony wrote:
Golden wrote: And I'd stop and think before calling me glorfindel's teammate again because it's stupid. You say 'would you never do something different'. Well, I'd never do something that stupid. You, Typh... both of you have seen me constantly defend people when I'm civ where I don't know their roles. Think of sig in World Reborn, for instance. I put my own butt on the line for him.
Not that I don't think you'd defend someone you were very certain about, but I don't know if this is the right example.
From what I remember you met up with Sig pretty early in the game and got to learn his role because of that, ie you did know his role.

I cannot confirm this myself because LC never finished the World Reborn stories he promised (GET TO IT LC :grin: ).

This is more a post so that LC starts working on those stories again
I met up with sig by chance AFTER defending him strongly.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:Golden were you recruited
No

Have already answered this question before.

I'm not bad in any way shape or form, and I think there is a point I can make to you and TH in particular that should assist you in realising I am not Glorfindel's teammate.

In World Reborn, who was the one who kept cautioning about doing anything obvious? Who was the one that got very tense about our plan to lynch Metalmarsh because it could expose us all? Who was the one panicking they would be obviously linked to you when the plan failed? Me. I was the one who was really concerned about the plan making it obvious who we are. It should also be noted that part of the reason we won that game is because I did not seem obviously linked to any of you.
Okay but that's a different game with a different team. I don't think it's unreasonable to think you'd treat Glorfindel differently than me or Dom or timmer (lol). I don't think there's many people here who would throw a new player like Glorfindel under the bus.

Return to “Previous Jobs”