Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 7]

Post by Golden »

Frankly, if I was bad - and I'm not - but if I was going to be bad, you could 100% rely on me being on nerolunar's team. I would have bussed him to perfection and been amongst the first advocating the Floyd lynch. That is, at least, something I could see myself doing. Constantly saying I don't see the case on sabie and outwardly defending my other teammate in glorfindel is just not in any way my style... and anyone with any baddie experience with me ought to be able to see that clearly as truth.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:You won't get a frank reaction from me to a lynch like that when I'm bad.
That's a pretty bold statement. What does your lynch reaction look like when you're bad? :shifty:
It's not particularly bold. I don't ever artificially react to lynches. Even when bad, bringing in pointless lies is stupid, and has no upside. My lynch reaction is always genuine. This isn't something new. Go look how often I say RIP or even goodbye to lynched people. It's relatively rare. I only say something in response to a death if I have a particular emotional reaction. In this case, my emotional reaction was one of frustration and annoyance.
That's an interesting answer to my question, mainly because it's not an answer to my question. You implied that your lynch reaction here is not one you would make when bad, which, disregarding the WIFOM, what does that mean exactly? You go on to say your reaction is always genuine regardless of alignment. So I ask again, why was this reaction one we would not see from you if you're bad, and how would that reaction look different?
Because I wouldn't be annoyed at a civ giving up if I were bad. That would not be a genuine emotional reaction from baddie me.
So what would you do? Quote the lynch post and say "Oh :| Okay :| " ?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:Golden were you recruited
No

Have already answered this question before.

I'm not bad in any way shape or form, and I think there is a point I can make to you and TH in particular that should assist you in realising I am not Glorfindel's teammate.

In World Reborn, who was the one who kept cautioning about doing anything obvious? Who was the one that got very tense about our plan to lynch Metalmarsh because it could expose us all? Who was the one panicking they would be obviously linked to you when the plan failed? Me. I was the one who was really concerned about the plan making it obvious who we are. It should also be noted that part of the reason we won that game is because I did not seem obviously linked to any of you.
Okay but that's a different game with a different team. I don't think it's unreasonable to think you'd treat Glorfindel differently than me or Dom or timmer (lol). I don't think there's many people here who would throw a new player like Glorfindel under the bus.
Economics was maybe the second time I'd played with Bass, I didn't know him at all. It's the first time I was on a team with Roxy, and I knew she might be sensitive and upset with me for bussing her. I threw them both straight under the bus. I have no time for sentiment.

I'm sorry, but no. There is a big difference, anyway, between not throwing glorfindel under the bus, and continually saying I read him as civ-leaning.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:You won't get a frank reaction from me to a lynch like that when I'm bad.
That's a pretty bold statement. What does your lynch reaction look like when you're bad? :shifty:
It's not particularly bold. I don't ever artificially react to lynches. Even when bad, bringing in pointless lies is stupid, and has no upside. My lynch reaction is always genuine. This isn't something new. Go look how often I say RIP or even goodbye to lynched people. It's relatively rare. I only say something in response to a death if I have a particular emotional reaction. In this case, my emotional reaction was one of frustration and annoyance.
That's an interesting answer to my question, mainly because it's not an answer to my question. You implied that your lynch reaction here is not one you would make when bad, which, disregarding the WIFOM, what does that mean exactly? You go on to say your reaction is always genuine regardless of alignment. So I ask again, why was this reaction one we would not see from you if you're bad, and how would that reaction look different?
Because I wouldn't be annoyed at a civ giving up if I were bad. That would not be a genuine emotional reaction from baddie me.
So what would you do? Quote the lynch post and say "Oh :| Okay :| " ?
To that lynch, I probably wouldn't have made a comment at all. How many lynches have I commented on this game? How many do I in others? It's pretty rare. I commented because I was frustrated and annoyed.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And saying 'its a different game with a different team' is fundamentally flawed. You still saw my opposition to doing the obvious. In a game with only three baddies, the margin of error is even greater. Basically, you are telling me I'd out my entire team, so that if one of us went down we both would and it would be game over.

That would be STUPID. Like, there is literally no scenario in which I would do that, and no scenario in which ANY baddie should do that.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

Typhoony wrote:So I vote Golden and his teammate Glorfindel starts saying I'm bad.
Indeed, my friend. Golden suspected me earlier in the game but has since expressed reservations about the case against me (assuming one could stretch one's imagination far enough to call it a case) and rightly so. I don't believe that his posts suggest remotely that he is hostile to our cause and I respect him for his judgement. Instead of attacking him for being 'bad' you'd do well to listen to him because from what I've seen so far, his judgements are far more prudent than what I've seen from others in this game.

And you're REALLY suggesting that we're Mafia team mates? In what world precisely is that even a likelihood? That would be the most disingenuous tactic ever employed in a game of Mafia and simply beggars belief.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

So much meta defense in this game. But I think Golden is right, this doesn't seem like his style.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

I'm sorry I haven't been around, kinda overwhelmed by school/work/life atm, I'm definitely staying in this game but my participation's definitely declining. I would've voted for sprit yesterday and I'm kinda with Golden or whoever was it that was so frustrated at a cop giving up like that. Nub move tbh.

I still think Glorfindel being Two Face is a huuuge stretch, but I see the cornered ultra defensive Glorf from Star Wars, so that's one lynch I wouldn't mind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:And saying 'its a different game with a different team' is fundamentally flawed. You still saw my opposition to doing the obvious. In a game with only three baddies, the margin of error is even greater. Basically, you are telling me I'd out my entire team, so that if one of us went down we both would and it would be game over.

That would be STUPID. Like, there is literally no scenario in which I would do that, and no scenario in which ANY baddie should do that.
Flawed or not, I think it's safe to say I'm making these arguments in order to see your reactions. You calling it STUPID kinda makes me feel like you really feel that way :P

But the truth is I don't know if you're on a team with Glorfindel. I suspect him for his behavior independent of yours. And your reaction to the lynch, which I do find suspect, isn't connected to Glorfindel either. You could be baddies on opposite teams for all I know. I'm not really working that angle atm, it's a bit premature to connect you guys when we don't have a flip for either one of you.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Turnip Head what's in GCPD?
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Glorfindel? LoRab? Anyone? :puppy:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Enrique wrote:Glorfindel? LoRab? Anyone? :puppy:
I could tell you.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:Turnip Head what's in GCPD?
I'll tell you if you tell me what's at Blackgate.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

TH the idea is to share Arkham and GCDP because they're locations we know both mafias know. I can tell you, especially because Blackgate's a good one, but are you sure you don't wanna give me this freebie? :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Or you DH :nicenod:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Since I was the last person you asked for help I don't think I will help you :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Fuck it. TH I'll make the exchange if I can have your word that you'll give me correct info (and a bunch of other people know it anyway so you could very easily be called out :p)
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

I'm not telling anyone anything. I want the gold all to meself.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:Fuck it. TH I'll make the exchange if I can have your word that you'll give me correct info (and a bunch of other people know it anyway so you could very easily be called out :p)
Deal.

Calendar Man is either at the Monarch Theater or the place with $21,000.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

Glorfindel wrote:
Typhoony wrote:So I vote Golden and his teammate Glorfindel starts saying I'm bad.
Indeed, my friend. Golden suspected me earlier in the game but has since expressed reservations about the case against me (assuming one could stretch one's imagination far enough to call it a case) and rightly so. I don't believe that his posts suggest remotely that he is hostile to our cause and I respect him for his judgement. Instead of attacking him for being 'bad' you'd do well to listen to him because from what I've seen so far, his judgements are far more prudent than what I've seen from others in this game.

And you're REALLY suggesting that we're Mafia team mates? In what world precisely is that even a likelihood? That would be the most disingenuous tactic ever employed in a game of Mafia and simply beggars belief.
I dunno if you're teammates. I just think you're both bad, my suspicion of either of you is not linked to the other.

Maybe the thing Golden himself posted about him being on Nero/Floyds team is correct, so it's possible you two are not teammates.
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

Wow TH stop spreading false info
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Turnip Head wrote:
Enrique wrote:Fuck it. TH I'll make the exchange if I can have your word that you'll give me correct info (and a bunch of other people know it anyway so you could very easily be called out :p)
Deal.

:D

I didn't get the audio file for Blackgate because Epi was having issues, but he told me that I "basically would've learned that one of the other places has incorrect info."

Which is pretty huge but also enough of a game twister that I don't mind sharing it :p

linki- ahhh typhoony dont do this. the mafia knows this shit there's no harm.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Solomon Grundy is a pathological liar.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Which one is that?
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Blackgate...
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:And saying 'its a different game with a different team' is fundamentally flawed. You still saw my opposition to doing the obvious. In a game with only three baddies, the margin of error is even greater. Basically, you are telling me I'd out my entire team, so that if one of us went down we both would and it would be game over.

Flawed or not, I think it's safe to say I'm making these arguments in order to see your reactions. You calling it STUPID kinda makes me feel like you really feel that way :P

But the truth is I don't know if you're on a team with Glorfindel. I suspect him for his behavior independent of yours. And your reaction to the lynch, which I do find suspect, isn't connected to Glorfindel either. You could be baddies on opposite teams for all I know. I'm not really working that angle atm, it's a bit premature to connect you guys when we don't have a flip for either one of you.
As I've said, it's not your approach to me that I find suspect or disingenuous. There are others for whom trying to link me to glorfindel would work fine as an excuse.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MacDougall wrote:Blackgate...
Oh. Like I said, I didn't get the audio file. Is Solomon Grundy a person we meet in another location though?
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote: You calling it STUPID kinda makes me feel like you really feel that way :P
Good. I do really feel that way. Its annoying being accused of stupid things I would never do.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

AH FUCK

I had solved it. If it had been any other location. Fucking Solomon Grundy I hope you die.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Solomon Grundy says a bunch of shit though, should I assume it's all false?
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I would assume he's lying.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:
No

I'm not bad in any way shape or form, and I think there is a point I can make to you and TH in particular that should assist you in realising I am not Glorfindel's teammate.

In World Reborn, who was the one who kept cautioning about doing anything obvious? Who was the one that got very tense about our plan to lynch Metalmarsh because it could expose us all? Who was the one panicking they would be obviously linked to you when the plan failed? Me. I was the one who was really concerned about the plan making it obvious who we are. It should also be noted that part of the reason we won that game is because I did not seem obviously linked to any of you.
Pestering you and voting you are two very different things.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Deal.

I didn't get the audio file for Blackgate because Epi was having issues, but he told me that I "basically would've learned that one of the other places has incorrect info."

Which is pretty huge but also enough of a game twister that I don't mind sharing it :p

If one of the other clues is false my whole process is fucked. I don't even know where to begin sorting that out. Did Epi not tell you which location had false info?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Turnip Head wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Deal.

If one of the other clues is false my whole process is fucked. I don't even know where to begin sorting that out. Did Epi not tell you which location had false info?
Mac pretty much just said it was the one with Solomon Grundy, so that's verifiable if you've been there. iktf man, after you gave me your info I had a FULL solution, but I had to scrap it bc of the lie.

I just put like another hour into it but now I have class so that'll have to wait.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:Solomon Grundy says a bunch of shit though, should I assume it's all false?
What sucks is that he sounded completely reasonable to me. I was listening to him and I was like "Damn, Solomon Grundy, that shit makes a lot of sense."
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also Epignosis has zero clue who Solomon Grundy actually is.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:
No

Pestering you and voting you are two very different things.
I agree.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Also Epignosis has zero clue who Solomon Grundy actually is.
I do so. I was taking creative license. I thought you didn't know who he was. :meany:

When does Night end? I have no idea.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

10pm EST tonight folks- roughly 44 minutes. You can expect your location PMs next week. :meany:
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Post by sig »

I'm still here just in case ya know, like idk maybe some would possibly maybe like to like rezz me? :P
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

sig wrote:I'm still here just in case ya know, like idk maybe some would possibly maybe like to like rezz me? :P
Thanks, Sig but no thanks :p

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Give me half an hour to sort things and I'll have a post up. Today has been eventful. Eloh is unwell.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Arkham Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

To which location will you travel this evening?

Arkham Asylum
DFaraday (15)
5%

Wayne Manor
Golden (4)
5%

Wayne Enterprises
Typhoony (11), Glorfindel (18)
10%

Fish Mooney's
Bullzeye (13)
5%

The Docks
DharmaHelper (2), Sorsha (7), Enrique (16), Turnip Head (17)
19%

Gotham City Police Department
No votes

City Hall
MovingPictures07 (3), S~V~S (8)
10%

Park Row
juliets (14), LoRab (21)
10%

Blackgate Penitentiary
No votes

Gotham City General Hospital
Dom (5), Matt (19)
10%

Spirit Yo's Toy Shop (The Hosts, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), bea (6), a2thezebra (9), sig (10), Metalmarsh89 (12), Scotty (20)
29%

Total votes : 21
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sore

Falcone was furious about the death of one of his men. So he brought a woman in to entertain him. His cronies had taken her from the streets. Her face was bruised and her body broken, but he didn't mind. She was still beautiful.

He rubbed his hand over her face and kept doing it until she protested. "My eye is sorrrrrrrrrrrre-"

"Shhhhhhhh," he said. "Sore-shhhh. Your name is Sorsha now."

Falcone cradled her, even as she died.

Sorsha has been killed by the Falcone Family. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

And so Day 8 dawns...

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Typhoony wrote:
Golden wrote: And I'd stop and think before calling me glorfindel's teammate again because it's stupid. You say 'would you never do something different'. Well, I'd never do something that stupid. You, Typh... both of you have seen me constantly defend people when I'm civ where I don't know their roles. Think of sig in World Reborn, for instance. I put my own butt on the line for him.
Not that I don't think you'd defend someone you were very certain about, but I don't know if this is the right example.
From what I remember you met up with Sig pretty early in the game and got to learn his role because of that, ie you did know his role.

I cannot confirm this myself because LC never finished the World Reborn stories he promised (GET TO IT LC :grin: ).

This is more a post so that LC starts working on those stories again
Don't stop harassing me about it.
DharmaHelper

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 8]

Post by DharmaHelper »

I wonder what Matt will be afflicted with today.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DH is an obvious baddie for NKing sorsha

So, to be extra clear, I won't be voting SVS today. I won't even be making any cases on SVS. I've come to the point on my own thought processes where I genuinely think I may have been wrong about her. I think I've done enough to explain why in previous posts, so I'm moving on.

I also think my annoyance at the lynch yesterday, was in part because I was able to recognise that I had let myself be too focussed on SVS. (It was also partly because the meme generators were hard work and pissing me off).

I recognise today may well be about lynching Glorfindel. If it is, I understand. I agree with Typhoony that lynching an inmate isn't a bad outcome, but I prefer to lynch someone who is really bad, and even more than that I feel as though Glorfindel is making genuine efforts to help the town, not playing both sides as some other people might do with that role. It's also possible that he is actually GCPD. I don't think Glorfindel is bad, and I can't vote that way.

But, I'm not going to focus on Glorfindel. I want to start looking at some new people. People who possibly haven't been looked at enough.

There are a number of people I feel like have flown under the radar this game. Perhaps I have been one until very recently. Typhoony, Dom, DF, DH, LoRab... remarkably even Matt to some extent. Some of these people have taken heat, but I don't really feel like I or any one else has analysed anything much about them. I'd throw me in there - I'd invite anyone to really investigate my game.

At this point, I think I have identified town-leaning roles for SVS, MP, TH and Mac. Unless anyone actually is any of the roles I think these people are and wants to state my theories as being wrong. I have probable town reads on Enrique, bullz and juliets.

That really leaves me looking in that group of six, plus the inactives, for where my vote would go today.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote:DH is an obvious baddie for NKing sorsha

So, to be extra clear, I won't be voting SVS today. I won't even be making any cases on SVS. I've come to the point on my own thought processes where I genuinely think I may have been wrong about her. I think I've done enough to explain why in previous posts, so I'm moving on.

I also think my annoyance at the lynch yesterday, was in part because I was able to recognise that I had let myself be too focussed on SVS. (It was also partly because the meme generators were hard work and pissing me off).

I recognise today may well be about lynching Glorfindel. If it is, I understand. I agree with Typhoony that lynching an inmate isn't a bad outcome, but I prefer to lynch someone who is really bad, and even more than that I feel as though Glorfindel is making genuine efforts to help the town, not playing both sides as some other people might do with that role. It's also possible that he is actually GCPD. I don't think Glorfindel is bad, and I can't vote that way.

But, I'm not going to focus on Glorfindel. I want to start looking at some new people. People who possibly haven't been looked at enough.

There are a number of people I feel like have flown under the radar this game. Perhaps I have been one until very recently. Typhoony, Dom, DF, DH, LoRab... remarkably even Matt to some extent. Some of these people have taken heat, but I don't really feel like I or any one else has analysed anything much about them. I'd throw me in there - I'd invite anyone to really investigate my game.

At this point, I think I have identified town-leaning roles for SVS, MP, TH and Mac. Unless anyone actually is any of the roles I think these people are and wants to state my theories as being wrong. I have probable town reads on Enrique, bullz and juliets.

That really leaves me looking in that group of six, plus the inactives, for where my vote would go today.
I'm sad you brought that up sarcastically, I was waiting for someone to bring it up legitimately and now you've closed that door.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sorry, that probably would have been better.

Return to “Previous Jobs”