Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 8]

Post by MacDougall »

Hypothetically speaking, what role would self target?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

Eh maybe you should try my approach next time. Not the one under major suspicion atm. You are though, probably because your gameplay this game is similar to your baddie gameplay. Gameplay from me this game is not. Maybe, probably even, people have noticed that. And that's why none of the major powerhouses as you describe it really suspect me.
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

Typhoony wrote:Eh maybe you should try my approach next time. Not the one under major suspicion atm. You are though, probably because your gameplay this game is similar to your baddie gameplay. Gameplay from me this game is not. Maybe, probably even, people have noticed that. And that's why none of the major powerhouses as you describe it really suspect me.
Maybe I should... It's clear that being honest and genuine and respectful has done me no favours this game.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

Wow that was such a bad exchange. Can I vote for both of you?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Glorfindel wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Eh maybe you should try my approach next time. Not the one under major suspicion atm. You are though, probably because your gameplay this game is similar to your baddie gameplay. Gameplay from me this game is not. Maybe, probably even, people have noticed that. And that's why none of the major powerhouses as you describe it really suspect me.
Maybe I should... It's clear that being honest and genuine and respectful has done me no favours this game.
Sorry, Typh - that last remark was not intended as a criticism of you at all - just a general observation.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote:Hypothetically speaking, what role would self target?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

@ Typh...

May I please have your thoughts on the following?

1. Early Day 7 you asked this:
Typhoony wrote:Can someone point out the differences for me between Glorfindels Star Wars game and this game (or point me to a post where someone already does)?
As I recall, no one answered you (they're not answering me when I ask, I don't know why you'd think anyone would answer your question) so you went on a fishing expedition yourself that led you to the following conclusion?:
Typhoony wrote:Glor seems to be more like his Star Wars game from the very little I've read.
Seeing as no one has actually come up with any semblance of evidence to support this case, could you please enlighten me to what you saw that specifically led you to this conclusion?

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

No interest in helping me at all here Glorfindel?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote:No interest in helping me at all here Glorfindel?
I'm sorry, I didn't know your question was directed at me, my friend :shrug: But sure...
Although, please allow me to clarify - are you asking what role would self-vote to have themselves lynched or what role would target itself with its own ability?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:
Matt wrote:I'm tryin' to get things done, Dom. I'm tryin'.

You still like Turnips? I've never seen such a bad and/or indy player shove in my face how bad and/or indy they are, yet nobody wants to get behind a Turnips lynch. Does everyone still think he's Alfred or something?

Going back to another "confirmed civ", why isn't Mac dead? Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense for him to still be breathing. Derp.
Why do you think TH is bad and who thinks he is Alfred? The case was that he wasn't Alfred.
Despite dropping many hints in that direction over the last few days, there have been a distinct lack of TH or SVS (or anyone else) rejecting my assertion that SVS could be Batman.
I am not, but why would you want me or anyone else to out my role if I was??
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Glorfindel wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't know your question was directed at me, my friend :shrug: But sure...
Although, please allow me to clarify - are you asking what role would self-vote to have themselves lynched or what role would target itself with its own ability?
OK, assuming that you are referring to roles that could conceivably target themselves with their own ability, I'd assume:
1) Batman: *Secrets
2) Renee Montoya (potentially): There is nothing in the role index to suggest that she can't silence herself but I doubt that would be likely as she could simply feign being muted and who would know?
3) The Joker: *Secrets
4) The Riddler: *Secrets
5) Bane: *Secrets
And that's it really. I can't see any others. The roles with *Secret abilities are very much unknown quantities but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that the Joker and the Riddler could target themselves to appear as victims that have been targeted and so allay suspicions of their identity :shrug:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Well Joker is dead so let's rule that one out.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Anywho I'll let that one go for now.

Hey DharmaHelper why did you kill sorsha?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote:Well Joker is dead so let's rule that one out.
You have an alternate theory, my friend? Please do tell.

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Are you trying to say the Joker might be alive?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote:Anywho I'll let that one go for now.
No, Dom - I just quoted the wrong thread. This is the one I was after ^ - sorry :(

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Lol, props to whoever the Scarecrow is. :beer:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'm confsed
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 7]

Post by Tangrowth »

Glorfindel wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:No problem, bud!

If you all disagree with me, that's totally fine with me; I'd be happy with a lynch of someone active too, particularly Glorfindel (he's increasingly seeming like his Star Wars self, and his lack of hunting is not convincing me otherwise) and sprityo (though, like others have speculated, it's very possible he's an inmate who's won). I just thought I'd throw my hat in the ring again this time for another inactive lynch. I may or may not go the same way tomorrow though. Just gotta see when I'll have some time to actually put more than a half-assed effort in the game at this point, since hosting is taking up a bunch of time.
@MP - my friend, you have gone from defending me at one point saying something to the effect that you would look suspiciously upon anyone who voted for me to advocating my lynching - and all of this seemingly based on a comparison between my playstyle in Star Wars and this game. I'm asking you now to explain what it is precisely that you identified in that comparison to lead you to such an apparent about face - it must surely have been something conclusive to have led you to such a change of heart.
Glorf, sorry I haven't answered this before now. I've been swamped hosting another game among many other things.

I did say that I would view anyone who bandwagoned onto you and didn't discuss anyone else a few cycles ago with suspicion, yes. But since then, the game has developed, and I still have yet to see any real town-minded effort from you with regards to discussing suspects and actual hunting; rather, you seem way more interested in defending yourself over and over again, but by telling us how you're an obvious townie and trying to play off of emotional posts, rather than show us posts where you have exhibited town-minded hunting behavior.

I rightfully view that with suspicion.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Also, when has Glorf been bandwagoned?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:Also, when has Glorf been bandwagoned?
He hasn't. Glorf said I defended him; I didn't, really, only to say shortly after my failed lynch that I didn't want everyone to just vote for him the next day and not discuss anyone else. Turns out that didn't happen at all.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

So, maybe it's good that I'm confused, then :D
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It's a minor point. Glorfindel wanted me to address the above post, so I did; in it, he mentioned I defended him, so that's what I was addressing. It's clear from my ISO that I never once thought Glorfindel was town. Rather, I consistently expressed an opinion that he was probably an inmate, but over the past few cycles I've considered other anti-town roles as well (mafia). I strongly do not think he is town; if he is, he hasn't given us tangible anything to work with, which will be disappointing.

I definitely endorse his lynch today, unless he's able to defend himself as I suggested (above).
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'd like to hear actual thoughts from Matt, Enrique, and Dharmahelper too.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

Matt wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Thank you! :yay:
You're welcome. :goofp:

Linki - I think I've changed my mind. Let's lynch Glorfy.
wait
what?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:

You still like Turnips? I've never seen such a bad and/or indy player shove in my face how bad and/or indy they are, yet nobody wants to get behind a Turnips lynch. Does everyone still think he's Alfred or something?

Going back to another "confirmed civ", why isn't Mac dead? Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense for him to still be breathing. Derp.
Why do you think TH is bad and who thinks he is Alfred? The case was that he wasn't Alfred.
Despite dropping many hints in that direction over the last few days, there have been a distinct lack of TH or SVS (or anyone else) rejecting my assertion that SVS could be Batman.
Well I did reject having any knowledge of SVS's role, but I don't know if you just glossed over it or what. I've defended other players the same way I've defended SVS, that doesn't make any of them Batman. But at the same time I'm not gonna sit here all day repeatedly rejecting your theory because I think both your time and mine is better spent elsewhere.

That said, you keep asserting this assertion over and over, what's your angle for doing so? Are you trying to get the Batman killed? :shrug:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DFaraday wrote:Linki: I'm kind of unclear about TH too. Everybody seems to be taking it for granted that he's civ and I feel like I missed why.
Maybe it's not being taken for granted. Maybe other players are critically thinking about my contributions and have concluded that I'm playing a strong game for the town. Have you read my posts DF? Have you looked into my contributions? Or are you just sort of skating by and not thinking deeply about what's happening? :smoky:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:
DFaraday wrote:Linki: I'm kind of unclear about TH too. Everybody seems to be taking it for granted that he's civ and I feel like I missed why.
Maybe it's not being taken for granted. Maybe other players are critically thinking about my contributions and have concluded that I'm playing a strong game for the town. Have you read my posts DF? Have you looked into my contributions? Or are you just sort of skating by and not thinking deeply about what's happening? :smoky:
This. I have a stronger town read on TH than anyone else remaining solely for these reasons.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

If you're alluding to targeting someone (probably Glorfy based on your questions) and finding out they self targeted...

Glorfy being such a nice guy, I can definitely see him taking himself hostage. Derp.
Dom wrote:I'd like to hear actual thoughts from Matt, Enrique, and Dharmahelper too.
Sorry, I was writing out a response to your question about TH last night, got all into Paul Walker's "Running Scared", and fell asleep. Blah. Anyway, to answer you about TH...I simply think he's lying about being Riddlerfied and even yesterday, I won't say which post, but I'm pretty sure during the day phase he was blatantly laughing at me over something that was occurring.

Other thoughts...Why is Mac still alive? Is Glorfy Two-Face or Mafia, and should we lynch him either/or?
Enrique wrote:
Matt wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Thank you! :yay:
You're welcome. :goofp:

Linki - I think I've changed my mind. Let's lynch Glorfy.
wait
what?
See, I'm mafia, and after killing Sorsha, I thought it would be funny to say "You're Welcome" to her "Thank you" in thread to act as if I had nothing to do with it. With the exception of you, it seems to have worked! :beer:
Turnip Head wrote:
j

Lulz.
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

With that said, I think everyone should be questioned and examined, and we shouldn't take anything or anyone's town status for granted. Regarding my own play this game, I realize I have become much less focused and intense; that's my fault, and I apologize. I just don't have the time to put more into this game given my current RL and other "free time" obligations I have.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Rezz me so I can be asked questions.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
This. I have a stronger town read on TH than anyone else remaining solely for these reasons.
This. Initially I was getting not the best vibes from TH, but that cleared up. I think he is very much playing for the civs here. He has been working hard to try to keep us on track and avoid all the tangential stuff he & I saw fragment the civs in GoC.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:
If you're alluding to targeting someone (probably Glorfy based on your questions) and finding out they self targeted...

Glorfy being such a nice guy, I can definitely see him taking himself hostage. Derp.
I don't think he's talking about Glorfy, and even if he was, this rationale is nonsensical. Take himself hostage? Really? :disappoint:
Matt wrote:Sorry, I was writing out a response to your question about TH last night, got all into Paul Walker's "Running Scared", and fell asleep. Blah. Anyway, to answer you about TH...I simply think he's lying about being Riddlerfied and even yesterday, I won't say which post, but I'm pretty sure during the day phase he was blatantly laughing at me over something that was occurring.
Please, point out the post, because I have no idea what you're talking about. I'll only say again that I wasn't lying about getting riddled, and if I was bad I can't think of any reason to lie about something like that. You have harped on this angle for days and days now, you keep saying you'll drop it, then you keep coming back with "So nobody thinks Turnip is a liar huh? Well I do." You are letting this stop you from looking at the rest of my gameplay, you are letting it stop you from pursuing other leads... and the more you do it, the more it makes me think that might be your intention.
Matt wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
j

Lulz.
Lulz yourself Matt. Lulz yourself.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

K Turnips. What do you think of Mac still being around?
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:K Turnips. What do you think of Mac still being around?
I'm not a collection of vegetables but I was under the impression that the role Mac claimed would be basically vanilla now and hardly worth wasting a kill on? That would explain why he's still around.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:With that said, I think everyone should be questioned and examined, and we shouldn't take anything or anyone's town status for granted. Regarding my own play this game, I realize I have become much less focused and intense; that's my fault, and I apologize. I just don't have the time to put more into this game given my current RL and other "free time" obligations I have.
What would you say to the accusation that you only played hard enough to get suspicion off you and are now coasting?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:
I'm not a collection of vegetables but I was under the impression that the role Mac claimed would be basically vanilla now and hardly worth wasting a kill on? That would explain why he's still around.
What role are you assuming he claimed? I'm pretty sure he took responsibility for killing Zeebs, which leaves one role, which is not vanilla.
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Maybe you didn't kill him so you could keep making this argument :goofp: I don't think he's lying about his role, I really don't. The baddie NKs haven't made much sense to me. Maybe their targets are being interfered with.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:

I am not, but why would you want me or anyone else to out my role if I was??
No, I'd expect you to have rejected it much earlier if you weren't.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:With that said, I think everyone should be questioned and examined, and we shouldn't take anything or anyone's town status for granted. Regarding my own play this game, I realize I have become much less focused and intense; that's my fault, and I apologize. I just don't have the time to put more into this game given my current RL and other "free time" obligations I have.
What would you say to the accusation that you only played hard enough to get suspicion off you and are now coasting?
I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for thinking that, especially because it's partially true and I'll be the first to admit it. I misjudged how active this game was really going to be and how busy I would be. I really didn't have the time to play before my failed lynch, but I felt compelled to spend more of my free time ensuring certain things would happen and actually trying to actively hunt. Simultaneously though, I just have way more things taking up available free time than before my no lynch (when I mostly just had this game happening, whereas hosting Turf Wars now is taking up a buttload of time). Nonetheless, I won't sit here and lie and say it's not easier to sit back and coast more now that my suspicion has faded, become less invested in the game, and just not care as much about hunting as a result. Because all of that is true. I lack any sense of urgency at this point. Probably not fair to the rest of my civilian team, but it is what it is, especially since the hosts are lacking replacements (and there are about 4 or 5 players who would need them before me). I promise to try to recapture what I can going forward, but I also recognize my time and motivation limitations enough to be forthcoming with all of this.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:

Well I did reject having any knowledge of SVS's role, but I don't know if you just glossed over it or what. I've defended other players the same way I've defended SVS, that doesn't make any of them Batman. But at the same time I'm not gonna sit here all day repeatedly rejecting your theory because I think both your time and mine is better spent elsewhere.

That said, you keep asserting this assertion over and over, what's your angle for doing so? Are you trying to get the Batman killed? :shrug:
Has anyone else gotten killed for having their role being general public knowledge?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I had forgetten that I read somewhere where Golden posted that he does not think drawing targets is an issue any more, iirc?

In any case, no matter what my role is, I am not going to hint at it or confirm it to you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*Forgotten, not forgetten, holy crap. I am on my work computer with a normal key board :disappoint:
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
What role are you assuming he claimed? I'm pretty sure he took responsibility for killing Zeebs, which leaves one role, which is not vanilla.
Zebra was killed by Bullock and I'd missed the fact he could track someone at night:
Detective Harvey Bullock
Bullock tracks or kills someone each Night. He has just one kill. Better make it a good one.

I somehow skipped over a bit and just read "he has one kill", leading me to assume that with his kill cashed in he was now powerless. Still, maybe the baddies just don't think a tracker is too big of a threat. Or maybe they don't buy his claim.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:I had forgetten that I read somewhere where Golden posted that he does not think drawing targets is an issue any more, iirc?

In any case, no matter what my role is, I am not going to hint at it or confirm it to you.
I didn't ask you to hint at or confirm anything.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I am saying that, if you are not the Batman, you have been perfectly happy to let my theory that you are lie for days. To me, you are either Batman or bad. The reason I didn't vote for you yesterday, and the reason I'm not today, is that I landed on Batman. If I'm wrong, then the real Batman should vote for you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:I am saying that, if you are not the Batman, you have been perfectly happy to let my theory that you are lie for days. To me, you are either Batman or bad. The reason I didn't vote for you yesterday, and the reason I'm not today, is that I landed on Batman. If I'm wrong, then the real Batman should vote for you.
So I am Batman or I am bad? Those are the options?

I don't know what to say here. I am fairly flabbergasted that you have a theory that someone is a civ role, and you want them to confirm it in the thread.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wild theory time:

Is it possible that Golden wants to expose Batman because he's been targeted by a hallucinogen by Scarecrow, and now he needs Batman dead to win?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Bullzeye wrote:
Matt wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Zebra was killed by Bullock and I'd missed the fact he could track someone at night:
Detective Harvey Bullock
Bullock tracks or kills someone each Night. He has just one kill. Better make it a good one.

I somehow skipped over a bit and just read "he has one kill", leading me to assume that with his kill cashed in he was now powerless. Still, maybe the baddies just don't think a tracker is too big of a threat. Or maybe they don't buy his claim.
Lol the Matt in me thinks Bullz might be bad and didn't realize he should have killed Mac XD
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:
I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for thinking that, especially because it's partially true and I'll be the first to admit it. I misjudged how active this game was really going to be and how busy I would be. I really didn't have the time to play before my failed lynch, but I felt compelled to spend more of my free time ensuring certain things would happen and actually trying to actively hunt. Simultaneously though, I just have way more things taking up available free time than before my no lynch (when I mostly just had this game happening, whereas hosting Turf Wars now is taking up a buttload of time). Nonetheless, I won't sit here and lie and say it's not easier to sit back and coast more now that my suspicion has faded, become less invested in the game, and just not care as much about hunting as a result. Because all of that is true. I lack any sense of urgency at this point. Probably not fair to the rest of my civilian team, but it is what it is, especially since the hosts are lacking replacements (and there are about 4 or 5 players who would need them before me). I promise to try to recapture what I can going forward, but I also recognize my time and motivation limitations enough to be forthcoming with all of this.
Is that why you had 200+ posts at that time and have ~380 now?
MovingPictures07 wrote:Wild theory time:

Is it possible that Golden wants to expose Batman because he's been targeted by a hallucinogen by Scarecrow, and now he needs Batman dead to win?
Are you scarecrow?

Return to “Previous Jobs”