[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 138

Re: [DAY 2] Bioshock Mafia

Post by thellama73 »

Nevinera wrote: So yeah, I'm not talking much - I have nothing really to say yet.
Perfectly understandable. Just don't think we've forgotten about you. :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

We're delivering a cake and then going to dinner. I think the case against birdwithteeth11 is the strongest one, so I'm voting him.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 58

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

nutella wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:In the interest of not making a huge quote pyramid out of that, I will just respond with a separate post. Yes, my wording was conflated and my response was odd. I think the heat and lack of AC was getting to my brain, and made it hard to explain the message I was trying to get across. A few people had sort of figured out what I was trying to say, so I pulled those quotes in an attempt to clear up my point.
See, this is the part that confuses me. You quoted two people who thought you were saying two different things, and said they were both right. It just didn't make sense.

Most of your defense seems genuine (kinda playing up the heat getting to your brain thing but I can buy that I guess), but you're not really responding to what I actually found odd. Probably my fault for not being clear. >_>
I thought I said they were both partially right. I don't think any one person figured out what I was trying to say until I clarified it myself. But this is the point I was trying to make about Dex back then:

I was worried about voting for him because he was digging holes for himself, and have him turn up good. Because I've seen him do this countless times. However, I was also worried about an easy bandwagon forming, and having his baddie teammates jump on it to throw him under the bus, have him get all or nearly all the votes and deprive us of info on potential teammates, if he was bad. I addressed llama because a certain word I had used didn't make my post very clear for him, and then I addressed what boo said because he only mentioned one of the two things I was hesitant about voting for Dex (the unanimous vote part).

And it's not your fault. You're being unclear about a subject matter that I had made very unclear, so it can be hard to get thoughts across with those situations.

Tl;dr: Two people were partially right, but I don't think either of them grasped the full extent of what I was trying to say. Does that answer your question any better?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Did someone make a case on bwt? I understand the part about the typo/explanation but I've forgotten or never understood what other evidence there is against him. There isn't any vote history since he didn't vote on day 1. So please, could someone point me back to a case or remind me what the problem(s) was from prior to the typo?

I'm really having a hard time deciding to vote this time around, I think because I have confused myself.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh sorry for the double post but i also remember the issue with why he exempted Vomps from his comments that he is suspicious of early random votes. Is there anything else?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

juliets wrote:Oh sorry for the double post but i also remember the issue with why he exempted Vomps from his comments that he is suspicious of early random votes. Is there anything else?
That's the only thing I've seen Epi go after. But that's the only other evidence I've seen against me.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:Oh sorry for the double post but i also remember the issue with why he exempted Vomps from his comments that he is suspicious of early random votes. Is there anything else?
Yes, I just posted everything Epi said about him, which I find a very spurious case. The only other thing I've seen people pick up on is the typo, but I don't think there is anything there that indicates he is bad. I urge people not to lynch him today.

If he is lynched and flips civ, I will be looking at late voters for him trying to finish him off.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

So I don't understand the people saying there's a dearth of good options; there are about 5 people I could see myself voting for today. I suppose we'll go in alphabetical order:

Ace of Spaces By the way, my sand volleyball team is named Ace of Spikes. Thought you might want to know.
AceofSpaces wrote:R.I.P agleaminranks

Boo's reason for wanted to vote for me makes no sense. He's made no sense this entire game. I was going to vote for agleaminranks because he point blank said "I will not contribute the the civie cause. I will let you all die while I watch without giving you any chance to examine me". Or something to that effect. That doesn't strike you as suspicious Boo?

Boo voted for me specifically because I voted for him. Now he is suspicious of me. Did I strike a nerve yesterday Boo? Are you so threatened by one vote?
My first ping on Aces was defiance. I fully agree with llama that players are more than welcome to post, vote, and play however suits them, and that no one HAS to explain any of their actions in a mafia game. However, these players need to realize that I can also play however I want. If you're refusing to give reasons for your votes or otherwise contribute to the thread, I'm tempted to vote you. That's because in the best case you're apathetic and not helping the civvies, and worst case you're bad and trying to kill us.

That said, Aces's explanation of his vote on agleaminranks would have made me feel a little better, since he shares my opinion that civvie behavior includes contributing to the game by posting. However, he didn't vote for agleaminranks. He voted for boo. Why explain a vote you didn't make and showed no indication of making, and not explain the one you did make? Aces was perfectly happy (in his above post) to try to put suspicion on boo for his revenge vote, without ever giving his initial reason for suspecting or voting boo. I don't see how it's possible to misunderstand boo's intentions there, and I think his vote was perfectly reasonable given Aces's behavior to that point. Taken all together, it's all too weird for me.

So Aces is definitely one of my top candidates today.

Moving on to BWT:

So far, he's been helpful in terms of providing information about Bioshock to those of us who weren't previously acquainted. I even got what he was saying about Vomps. Randomization usually is a means of avoiding explaining your vote. Vomps explained his vote in very great detail despite it being random, so I'm ok with BWT not including him in his suspicions.

The paragraph with the typos is where things got weird. If I'm to be a good psych major and believe Freud, then those are pretty damning. On the other hand, I have BWT make typos/miss polls/generally behave in ways that harm himself in previous games. One of those was MacGyver, in which he either fooled us all or lucked into winning by basically being a non-participant baddie the entire game (I'm still not sure which it was). His posts explaining that post have just gotten weirder and weirder, and left me very very confused.

I'm curious about Epi's unrelenting pursuit of BWT to the exclusion of all else (as was mentioned by BWT and llama, I believe). I don't see what he could've seen that we didn't see on Day 1. Maybe he feels he can read BWT better, having played with him more? Epi, do you have anything else to add to your case?

I'm interested to hear more, but for now I think I'll be keeping a close eye on BWT but voting for a different top candidate.

Lizzy.

Probably one of the strangest players I've encountered so far. I disagreed pretty strongly with her idea that players shouldn't be held accountable for their in-game behavior in any way and that mafia is basically luck, and maybe that disagreement has colored my perception of her play since. I think it's worth noting that she was the first to vote for herself (A Person did the same one vote later). So far my read is that she's either a very ballsy, overconfident baddie like llama suggested or a totally jaded and defiant civvie. Either way she hasn't been much help, since she hasn't voted for anyone besides herself or posted any theories. She could very well be bad, but I may give myself a little more time to decide. She'll at least be very much on my radar.

I'll mention Nev just because llama has mentioned him twice, and I think so far I'm seeing a good llama. Llama, do you have anything on Nev, or are you just trying to get him more involved by bringing his name up?

And finally, Zany Dex. Extremely defiant, slightly amusing, and not much else. One thing that needs to be mentioned with him is that if he is Sander Cohen, as lots of people seem to believe, it still doesn't explain his behavior since yesterday. He got 5 votes yesterday, so he would already be rogue by this point, so there's no possible role-related, non-secret reason for him to be trying to get votes. I think he could also easily be bad, a rogue Sander Cohen (which, for our purposes, would mean bad), or even civ. I'd probably be inclined to vote him before Lizzy, because at least she's contributed to some type of discussion during the game, even if it wasn't related directly to Bioshock.

Those are my primary thoughts so far. Some other little things have caught my interest, but this post is already insanely long so I'll spare you all for now.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Linki: llama is making me feel a little better about BWT, since, as I mentioned, I think so far I've seen a friendly llama. When the entire case is out there, it seems a little weak since I think BWT was reasonable in excluding Vomps from his randomizers comment.

Reading back on my own post, I realized that a lot of my suspects have frustrated me with their play style (eg Lizzy, Zany Dex). That doesn't mean they're good, but it worries me that I may be looking at them too harshly out of frustration. Anyone with a cooler head have a read on either of those?

I'll probably go Aces today, but want to see a little more discussion first.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Great point about Dex, russ. I missed that.

I don't have anything on Nevinera, but I know his personality in real life and he thrives on logical analysis. I'm having a hard time believing that he's too intimidated by the game setup to participate. It is my believe that he is intentionally waiting for the ranks to thin out before diving in, shielding himself from scrutiny in the process. This doesn't make him bad, it is a perfectly valid civ strategy, but it is enough to make me want to keep an eye on him (and perhaps provoke him into posting more than he would like to.)

linki: I have come around to thinking Dex is probably good. That's just how he is. I don't trust Lizzy at all, though. Also, it's worth remembering that the mysterious G.O.B. STILL has not made a single post, and yet has voted.

Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

Need to vote now so I can relax and watch a film.

Ny initial feeling was Lizzy. Something just doesn't feel right about her to me.

Votes Lizzy
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 85

Post by AceofSpaces »

The case against me makes no sense, at all. I'm evil because

1. I refused to explain a throwaway day 1 vote. Which I later explained anyway.
2. I wanted to force someone who said they would not post or participate or contribute to finding baddies to actually do all of those things.

Not sure where that logic leads, but I'd advise against following it.

I'm going to Vote for BWT because it makes more sense than voting for me.

Added for Russ: I was going to vote for algea *today*. He gave me reason to vote for him when he posted at night, so I obviously couldn't go back and vote for him on day one. He died before I could vote for him. And I have given my reason for voting boo. I didn't want to vote for AP, so I threw one onto boo. Pretty simple reason. Does that clear things up for you?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

So it makes more sense to vote for me.....because it doesn't make as much sense as voting for you?

I've tried to contribute to discussion. I've provided information for people who haven't played Bioshock to understand some additional aspects of the game. I may have made some confusing posts and given a valid excuse for one randomizer, but I think that's a fairly weak case against me.

I have to go over to my grandparents for a bit, but when I get back, I will most likely be voting you.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Ok. I am still pinged by bwt but not quite as much as a couple of others. Thank you for explaining the typo. I was also not pinged by Vomps coin toss.
I am also getting bad vibes from Aces and Snow Dog for previously mentioned reasons.
Thank you very much for pointing out the 5 votes on Dex Russ. I completely missed that! Now I am beginning to wonder if Dex is attempting reverse psychology: Telling everyone to vote for him so that no one votes for him. I am very much considering a vote for him and may have to do just that shortly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Thanks, llama. I agree that Nev seems extremely logical and I would think he'd thrive in this setup. I think your read on him is likely spot-on so far.

You may be right about Dex. His last posts dripping with sarcasm could be frustrated civ. I really hope he adds something useful at some point. As for G.O.B., if he votes today without posting I'll be all for some scrutiny, but as I mentioned it's his first game, so he gets one mulligan from me.

I wanted to say I don't see INH's self-vote in the same light as the others. He clearly explained that he didn't feel he was up to the task of voting responsibly today, and I understand wanting to excuse yourself rather than randomize. The two self-votes from yesterday seemed more like "You guys are goign to suspect me now? Well take THIS!" I'm not sure of a good adjective to describe it, but it sat less well with me.

Also, Mongoose has 2 votes?! Those weren't mentioned in the thread, were they? And what has he done to draw suspicion in any way? I'm just shocked that he's #3 in votes, but haven't seen anything to make me notice him at all.

Linki: Aces, thanks for your response. I'll say that I don't think explaining a vote after the fact is nearly as useful as at the time you make it. I seem to have misunderstood your post about agleaminranks, so that makes you look a little better to me.

This is all very much starting to confuse me. I now have reason to feel less sure about all of the candidates I originally mentioned except for Lizzy. I'd mostly be down to lynch her, but I'm afraid that today will be all about Aces vs. BWT. Is anyone else interested in voting Lizzy? If not I'll have to choose one of the other two to avoid throwing my vote away.

More linki, but I'm ignoring it for now. I'll be back soon after I let this all sink in a bit.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21

Post by boo »

AceofSpaces wrote:The case against me makes no sense, at all. I'm evil because

1. I refused to explain a throwaway day 1 vote. Which I later explained anyway.
2. I wanted to force someone who said they would not post or participate or contribute to finding baddies to actually do all of those things.

Not sure where that logic leads, but I'd advise against following it.

I'm going to Vote for BWT because it makes more sense than voting for me.

Added for Russ: I was going to vote for algea *today*. He gave me reason to vote for him when he posted at night, so I obviously couldn't go back and vote for him on day one. He died before I could vote for him. And I have given my reason for voting boo. I didn't want to vote for AP, so I threw one onto boo. Pretty simple reason. Does that clear things up for you?
Except, as I said before when you said this, that still isn't a reason.

voting Aces
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Yeah I am definitely giving my vote to Zany Dex. I don't buy it.

*votes Zany Dex*

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:Great point about Dex, russ. I missed that.

I don't have anything on Nevinera, but I know his personality in real life and he thrives on logical analysis. I'm having a hard time believing that he's too intimidated by the game setup to participate. It is my believe that he is intentionally waiting for the ranks to thin out before diving in, shielding himself from scrutiny in the process. This doesn't make him bad, it is a perfectly valid civ strategy, but it is enough to make me want to keep an eye on him (and perhaps provoke him into posting more than he would like to.)

linki: I have come around to thinking Dex is probably good. That's just how he is. I don't trust Lizzy at all, though. Also, it's worth remembering that the mysterious G.O.B. STILL has not made a single post, and yet has voted.
llama, I don't trust lizzy one bit either. And I had not noticed the mysterious GOB voting but not posting.

Russ, great post, really helped me to organize my thoughts. Very nice catch on the 5 votes already for Dex. I am used to Dex being zany so that part doesn't bother me as much as his statement that he never said he was civvie. Maybe thats just part of the zanyness, hard to tell. So I end up agreeing with llama here.

The case for BWT seems weak so I don't think I'll be voting him today though it may not matter. Looks like there are a number of people who thought the case was strong.

I agreed with you on Aces but Aces just made a good point in his post if I'm understanding him correctly.

Also Russ I agree with you and llama about Lizzie. She has made me very nervous and I don't trust her. I may put in a vote for her today to let her know I have an eye on her.

Finally, llama I thought your case on Epignosis was good. I've had people push at me plenty of times before but this time it almost felt like he was intentionally not understanding me so he could push once again. It was very odd. I may put a vote here.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:I'm going out on a limb here (at great personal risk to myself if I happen to be wrong) but I just reread BWT and I really don't think he is bad. I have been on a baddie team with him multiple times, and he is reading completely civ to me right now. I don't have any specific quotes to pull, it is just his overall tone. I find the way Rob, Elohcin and others are gunning for him somewhat suspect.
Better be careful there, llama -- playing devil's advocate for bwt got me two votes today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Russtifinko wrote: Also, Mongoose has 2 votes?! Those weren't mentioned in the thread, were they? And what has he done to draw suspicion in any way? I'm just shocked that he's #3 in votes, but haven't seen anything to make me notice him at all.
DH and Vomps voted one after the other for Mongoose (who is female, btw.) They both posted it, and there reasoning, as far as I could tell, was that it was a semi-random selection of people who voted for A Person. Vomps felt like he was just imitating DH's vote, since it is unlikely they both would have randomized to the same person.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm going out on a limb here (at great personal risk to myself if I happen to be wrong) but I just reread BWT and I really don't think he is bad. I have been on a baddie team with him multiple times, and he is reading completely civ to me right now. I don't have any specific quotes to pull, it is just his overall tone. I find the way Rob, Elohcin and others are gunning for him somewhat suspect.
Better be careful there, llama -- playing devil's advocate for bwt got me two votes today.
Yeah, I know. :( If he is lynched and flips baddie, I recognize that I will be toast tomorrow. I just hope that doesn't happen.

Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Zany Dex »

I'm jumping on the zany Dex choo choo express.
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Lizzy »

Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boys. Let the hate flow through you. :feb:

Now then, now then, I shan't go with neither Dex, whose justification on why he had voted for Llama I very much enjoyed and appreciated as sincere; bravo, sir! nor Ace, whose dry and straight-forward 'Nope' I found extremely daring and entertaining, almost avant. ;) I'm not too fond of his attempts to defend himself when cornered, but I suppose that is understandable. Of course, at this point, I see myself as one of the most suspicious looking players, and I'd almost have voted for myself a second time, if it weren't for my good buddy, Snowy here, whom I've been dying to vote for for quite some time for his manner of immediately pointing fingers in every direction so long as the eyes are not on him. Here's to you, Snowy, and not because you voted for me! Like I said, I almost agree with you. But for now you seem a bit more of a baddie than me. Sure, you can be one from the other baddie team, or from my own team and we're voting for each other to confuse people, or we can be on the same civvie team and have no idea about it, or from different civvie teams, and might have to brutally kill each other either for fun or for survival, or something something Sander Cohen's team. The possibilities are endless (not literally). Isn't that wonderful? Discuss! :mafia:
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Bullzeye »

I need to vote quickly because I'm ill and tired and working early tomorrow. I was suspicious of Dex coming into the day but I'm wary of voting for him because he's clearly trying his best to grab himself some votes. Aces caught my eye for a similar reason and gave a similarly poor explanation for his D1 vote. I'm gonna vote Ace because I'm not massively into the case on BWT and this is the biggest ping I have right now.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Ok. I am still pinged by bwt but not quite as much as a couple of others. Thank you for explaining the typo. I was also not pinged by Vomps coin toss.
I am also getting bad vibes from Aces and Snow Dog for previously mentioned reasons.
Thank you very much for pointing out the 5 votes on Dex Russ. I completely missed that! Now I am beginning to wonder if Dex is attempting reverse psychology: Telling everyone to vote for him so that no one votes for him. I am very much considering a vote for him and may have to do just that shortly.
Voting Zany Dex for the reasons enumerated above and elsewhere. I think it's a compelling argument (but that doesn't mean some of the other candidates aren't seriously on my radar for subsequent weeks).

Votes Zany Dex
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Does anyone know what the record for self-votes is in a single game? We are up to four so far.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Aaack it took me so long to write out my post that several other people voted in the interim.

Also, crazy lineup today with a nearly 3-way tie.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89

Post by nutella »

Oh wow I hadn't realized Dex already had 5 votes. That does change things. :S But it doesn't mean I have any idea what he's trying to do today, so I'm still wary of voting for him.

I'm feeling more uncertain about BWT now. I was mostly suspicious of him on a sort of gut feeling/tone of his posts basis, but I could see him being civvie and I'm not sure anymore that I'll vote for him.

Honestly I would be up to vote for Lizzy. She's been on my list but she keeps falling off the radar, which worries me even more. I took note of her when she voted for herself and the point was brought up that there are baddie roles who start off with null votes. And she had the sort of anti-establishment attitude toward the game as well. I don't remember seeing her post much at all since day 1 so she may be trying to keep a low profile. So my vote is either going to her or bwt.

Not sure what to think of Aces. I think the case on him is weak, but I get a weird vibe from him nonetheless.

super linki... hi Lizzy, the tone of that post is not helping you any in my book :p :eye:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: Also, crazy lineup today with a nearly 3-way tie.
And 13 people yet to vote in the next 100 minutes or so. It is very much anybody's lynch.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh wow these votes are crazy spread out. Looks like it's between Aces, BWT, and Dex so far, but a few of us might vote for Lizzy yet... four way tie anyone? :D
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

nutella wrote:
Honestly I would be up to vote for Lizzy. She's been on my list but she keeps falling off the radar, which worries me even more. I took note of her when she voted for herself and the point was brought up that there are baddie roles who start off with null votes. And she had the sort of anti-establishment attitude toward the game as well. I don't remember seeing her post much at all since day 1 so she may be trying to keep a low profile. So my vote is either going to her or bwt.
How is being defiant and anti-establishment trying to keep a low profile?
On the contrary, m'dear! Some people can be in desperate need of attention. That might be my case now. Or maybe just a strategy. I haven't decided on that yet.
super linki... hi Lizzy, the tone of that post is not helping you any in my book :p :eye:
It was not meant to either. :p
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, I'm voting for Lizzy. I see you being defiant and anti-establishment early and then dropping off the radar, keeping a low profile, which is how, in my book, you can do both.

vote Lizzy

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Much obliged! :hugs:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I hope everyone votes today. I don't think our host will take too kindly to any non-participants! I think that would be the only thing worse than more self-votes.

But maybe I just have chronic voting anxiety because I'm from Floriduh.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Mongoose wrote:I hope everyone votes today. I don't think our host will take too kindly to any non-participants! I think that would be the only thing worse than more self-votes.
:feb:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Wow. I'm gone for about 35-40 minutes and a whole slew of votes come tumbling in!

Interesting points that some are making on Lizzy. I feel that my mind is fairly made up for today, however. So Aces it is.

Votes Aces

Linki: :haha:

Linki 2: OH MY GOD! THE HOSE IS A PARASITE! SOMEBODY GET HIM!!!!!!! :zombie:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:I hope everyone votes today. I don't think our host will take too kindly to any non-participants! I think that would be the only thing worse than more self-votes.

But maybe I just have chronic voting anxiety because I'm from Floriduh.
LOL

It's not looking good. We haven't heard from Ajira, LT, G.O.B. or Boats today.

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Nevinera »

thellama73 wrote: I don't have anything on Nevinera, but I know his personality in real life and he thrives on logical analysis. I'm having a hard time believing that he's too intimidated by the game setup to participate. It is my believe that he is intentionally waiting for the ranks to thin out before diving in, shielding himself from scrutiny in the process. This doesn't make him bad, it is a perfectly valid civ strategy, but it is enough to make me want to keep an eye on him (and perhaps provoke him into posting more than he would like to.)
Russtifinko wrote:Thanks, llama. I agree that Nev seems extremely logical and I would think he'd thrive in this setup. I think your read on him is likely spot-on so far.
The game setup isn't 'intimidating', it's simply too complicated to draw conclusions from,
In Twin Peaks or Thomas, the number of players was small, and the teams were clear-cut -
I could attempt to infer team relationships from voting and from apparent night actions.

In this game that is not possible, and I rather suspect that it will *never be* possible;
the teams can change shape, the night actions usually fail, and people will most likely be acting against their *own will* later in the game
(if my suspicions about plasmids are on target).

I'm not a 'baddie', or at least my win condition allows a lot of other people to win also (that's what civ means this game, right?),
but I have no way to prove or even imply that fact until there's more information available to me.

I'm actually starting to agree with the randomizers about this particular game.
There's so little information available that I might as well be rolling dice for my vote.
I don't buy into the 'typos are freudian' arguments that seem so popular;
I don't even really think Ace is all that good a suspect, despite my voting for him.
There's just nothing there to make a better decision on, and it's frustrating me.

And it's all so much *work*.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:OH MY GOD! THE HOSE IS A PARASITE! SOMEBODY GET HIM!!!!!!! :zombie:
The hose? :haha:

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:OH MY GOD! THE HOSE IS A PARASITE! SOMEBODY GET HIM!!!!!!! :zombie:
The hose? :haha:
It's another one of those typos. I swear. :|

Oh well. I guess that means I'm bad then huh? :P
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Nevinera wrote: I'm actually starting to agree with the randomizers about this particular game.
There's so little information available that I might as well be rolling dice for my vote.
I don't buy into the 'typos are freudian' arguments that seem so popular;
I don't even really think Ace is all that good a suspect, despite my voting for him.
There's just nothing there to make a better decision on, and it's frustrating me.

And it's all so much *work*.
Well, I am having fun anyway. :D

AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 85

Post by AceofSpaces »

I don't want to die.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Flyin' High »

I've reread Lizzy's posts and while there is a great deal of potential WIFOM in them, I'm not sure it's enough for me to vote for her today.

Additionally, I feel like I'm seeing a civvie BWT here. In another game recently, he took heat on Day 1 for coming up with a very weak reason for suspecting someone then when a better option came along, jumped to that. Which is more indicative of baddie BWT.

Aces is notoriously hard for me to read. He tends to be a pretty bold player but I also feel like he does a lot more following the pack when bad then making himself stand out like he's doing now.

So that currently leaves me with Dex. I said it about A Person and I'll say it again about Dex, if you're a civvie you're not doing yourself or your fellow civvies any favors by self-voting. Especially when you're a major contender for being lynched! While I feel like Dex is just being super zany, I can't think of a reason good or bad for him to post the way he's posting. But I remember him pulling off crazy stuff in the MOTU game like voting his own teammate which resulted in his teammate's lynch Day 1 of that game, so I really won't put anything past him. *Votes Dex*
ImageImage

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Well after stewing on it, I feel worse about most of the candidates I mentioned.

Zany Dex's votemongering seems to be causing many people who suspect him to not want to vote him, which is exactly what I would imagine he wants.

Lizzy is being counterproductive again.

And Aces made me feel a little better at first, but then I realized he still hadn't adequately explained how he got from "not voting A Person" to "Voting Boo". I am glad he's at least defending himself now.

I have to vote, as I'll be Skyping and may not be done before the poll ends. I think all 4 top vote-getters are likely candidates, though, and BWT would be a very informative lynch, since posts about him have been so strident.

However, I'm going to go with my conscience. I think Lizzy is the most likely baddie of the 4, and I hope we can still get enough votes to get her lynched.

votes Lizzy
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Linki: FH, very nice post. I'm glad to get more opinions before this lynch goes through, and I think what you're saying about Aces, BWT, and Dex is definitely worth keeping in mind if they survive today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I'm completely lost now Dex. :huh: :shrug: I give up.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Linki: Russ. I'm still convinced the reverse psychology act is going on.

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

crap - that's right - arjia is playing too - I completely forgot about him.

I was concidering a vote for GOB just to encourage him to come out and play with us. I completely missed that so many others were quiet as well.

Between Dex, Aces, and BWT - I waver on all their cases tbh. Of the three though, I have the least warm fuzzies about Aces.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Well I have to vote now. With Lizzy's recent posts I'm actually starting to wonder if she's the one trying to get votes a la Sander Cohen. But she only has 3 so far, and I don't think it's likely for her to get lynched this round. So even though at this point I think she's the most likely baddie out of the candidates, it doesn't seem worth voting for her today. It seems to be a contest between Aces and BWT by now so I'll go with BWT. Honestly I'm not feeling too great about this lynch. Sorry dude if you're civ.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 12

Post by LittleTiger »

I don't have much time, atm, but having read through everything, BWT's seems the most suspicious to me - his errant wording, attempts to explain getting him deeper in the hole...

*vote BWT*
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”