Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 8]

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:I thought you said I was just fucking around. Now I can't read you. Which is it?
Yeah, but that was before you actually made an effort to justify why you are voting me. Now you have.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

Just checked the poll...

DH, Dom, Glor, Lorab, and Turnip would have to vote for Bubbles in order for Glorfy to not be lynched. And even then it would just be a tie between Bubbles and Glor.

Unless the no shows magically appear, looks like we'll be seein' a Glorfy flip soon.
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matt wrote:Just checked the poll...

DH, Dom, Glor, Lorab, and Turnip would have to vote for Bubbles in order for Glorfy to not be lynched. And even then it would just be a tie between Bubbles and Glor.

Unless the no shows magically appear, looks like we'll be seein' a Glorfy flip soon.
When you put it that way :P
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

Hardcore XD

Unless he flips Cop # 2, though, I think town made a good call today. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Matt wrote:Hardcore XD

I hope you're right.

Even though it probably leads to my lynch tomorrow, I really hope glorf is bad.

And, in any event, I think if he is bad his teammate is bubbles and she would probably go down right after me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I thought you said I was just fucking around. Now I can't read you. Which is it?
Yeah, but that was before you actually made an effort to justify why you are voting me. Now you have.
You were waiting for an opportunity to bring up the fact that I suspect you in every game and then did so with enthusiasm. You didn't even stop to question how utterly absurd my justification is. You actually day you understand it. I intentionally stated something absurd to see if you would go the discredit angle instead of the point and you did. Bad mamajama.

There is only one civ role you could be huh. So you will have an opportunity to prove it to me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Only one civ role I could be? What sense does that make?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

Alright, I have some things I want to say at this point. I've played probably about 30+ games now across four sites and what I'm seeing right now is in all likelihood (given we are well into this game and it's not Day 1 anymore) the worst mislynch that has occurred in any of them. All the cases that have been brought against me have been some of the weakest I've seen in my experience and despite demanding continuously for my accusers to elaborate on those cases (e.g. Star Wars vs this game) I've been given nothing. As I've said previously, whether you vote for me because you judge me to be bad or vote for Bubbles because you judge me to be bad says infinitely more about all of you than it does about me. I have in my view, done all that I reasonably could to fulfill my role in this game but in the end the avalanche of suspicion that has fallen upon me is something about which I can do very little.

As a committed member of our team, I'm going to place my vote where I think it belongs. Some of you may know more about what's going on in this game than I but for me, I think S-V-S's case on me has from the very beginning been a work of fiction. She's pushed that argument ever since and seems to have found enough people gullible enough to believe it. I think her self-voting (despite her stated reasons for doing so) is bad. If she is Town, I'd see that as an irresponsible and self indulgent act and question her loyalty to our Team.

I'd also like to put on record my gut-wrenching disappointment at one of my fellow players whom I have come to respect deeply who apparently has found it so easy to disregard what they know to be true and abandon me to the point where they no longer care about my lynching. It's a pretty bitter pill to swallow and although this is a game, I'm still bitterly disappointed about that.

As for this game and my part in it, I think you guys are going to hopefully take some lessons from it. One being Matt's Two-Face theory on me. That defied all logic from the time that he made that post yet, many of you still bought it. For the sake of all of you, my Team, I hope you can still pull this one out of the fire.

"A penny for my thoughts? Oh no, I'll sell 'em for a dollar,
They're worth so much more after I'm a goner
And then maybe then you'll hear the words I've been singing.
Funny when you're dead how people start listening.
If I die young, bury me in satin,
Lay me down on a bed of roses,
Sink me in the river at dawn.
Send me away to the words of a love song."

If I Die Young - The Band Perry.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
You were waiting for an opportunity to bring up the fact that I suspect you in every game and then did so with enthusiasm. You didn't even stop to question how utterly absurd my justification is. You actually day you understand it. I intentionally stated something absurd to see if you would go the discredit angle instead of the point and you did. Bad mamajama.

There is only one civ role you could be huh. So you will have an opportunity to prove it to me.
I don't care what you did, Mac. After Star Wars, I made a conscious effort to never engage with you about this stuff again. In GoC, I knew you were bad from early, but I had no interest in touching you with a bargepole in the thread. I also have no real interest in engaging you about your suspicion of me either. Brag about your tactics about trapping me if you like... in the end it doesn't matter what tactics you use on me, you are still wrong. And I'm not going to engage on them.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@glorf - I don't like the things you level at me. I stuck up for you because I thought you were civ. I would have preferred to lynch bubbles. Your disappointment in me just makes me feel like I shouldn't stick up for you in the future. Why do I need that on my conscience?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Golden wrote:@glorf - I don't like the things you level at me. I stuck up for you because I thought you were civ. I would have preferred to lynch bubbles. Your disappointment in me just makes me feel like I shouldn't stick up for you in the future. Why do I need that on my conscience?
I'm sorry, my friend. The fact that you were sticking up for me despite next to no one else doing so made me feel supported and really good despite the circumstances in which I found myself. I wouldn't ask or expect you to ever stick up for me ever again so your conscience can rest easy.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Glorfindel wrote:Alright, I have some things I want to say at this point. I've played probably about 30+ games now across four sites and what I'm seeing right now is in all likelihood (given we are well into this game and it's not Day 1 anymore) the worst mislynch that has occurred in any of them. All the cases that have been brought against me have been some of the weakest I've seen in my experience and despite demanding continuously for my accusers to elaborate on those cases (e.g. Star Wars vs this game) I've been given nothing. As I've said previously, whether you vote for me because you judge me to be bad or vote for Bubbles because you judge me to be bad says infinitely more about all of you than it does about me. I have in my view, done all that I reasonably could to fulfill my role in this game but in the end the avalanche of suspicion that has fallen upon me is something about which I can do very little.

As a committed member of our team, I'm going to place my vote where I think it belongs. Some of you may know more about what's going on in this game than I but for me, I think S-V-S's case on me has from the very beginning been a work of fiction. She's pushed that argument ever since and seems to have found enough people gullible enough to believe it. I think her self-voting (despite her stated reasons for doing so) is bad. If she is Town, I'd see that as an irresponsible and self indulgent act and question her loyalty to our Team.

I'd also like to put on record my gut-wrenching disappointment at one of my fellow players whom I have come to respect deeply who apparently has found it so easy to disregard what they know to be true and abandon me to the point where they no longer care about my lynching. It's a pretty bitter pill to swallow and although this is a game, I'm still bitterly disappointed about that.

As for this game and my part in it, I think you guys are going to hopefully take some lessons from it. One being Matt's Two-Face theory on me. That defied all logic from the time that he made that post yet, many of you still bought it. For the sake of all of you, my Team, I hope you can still pull this one out of the fire.

:puppy:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Glorfindel wrote:
Golden wrote:@glorf - I don't like the things you level at me. I stuck up for you because I thought you were civ. I would have preferred to lynch bubbles. Your disappointment in me just makes me feel like I shouldn't stick up for you in the future. Why do I need that on my conscience?
I'm sorry, my friend. The fact that you were sticking up for me despite next to no one else doing so made me feel supported and really good despite the circumstances in which I found myself. I wouldn't ask or expect you to ever stick up for me ever again so your conscience can rest easy.
I probably will anyway, when I think you were civ. It's what I do. But don't have your heart broken if I change my mind. I'm only trying to do my best job for the town, too.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:So you will have an opportunity to prove it to me.
You have an opportunity to prove it to yourself. It matters not how many baddies die, even if there is only one left so they must be responsible for the kill, tracking me will not show me targetting the person who dies.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Unless Cop #2 is corrupted, that is. Right?
Glorfindel wrote:Alright, I have some things I want to say at this point. I've played probably about 30+ games now across four sites and what I'm seeing right now is in all likelihood (given we are well into this game and it's not Day 1 anymore) the worst mislynch that has occurred in any of them. All the cases that have been brought against me have been some of the weakest I've seen in my experience and despite demanding continuously for my accusers to elaborate on those cases (e.g. Star Wars vs this game) I've been given nothing. As I've said previously, whether you vote for me because you judge me to be bad or vote for Bubbles because you judge me to be bad says infinitely more about all of you than it does about me. I have in my view, done all that I reasonably could to fulfill my role in this game but in the end the avalanche of suspicion that has fallen upon me is something about which I can do very little.

Wow...30 games and this is allegedly the worst mislynch you've seen? Insulting us for thinking you are suspicious is not the way to convince us of your innocence, tbqh.

And SVS doesn't make up suspicion, whether she is good or bad. It's just not something she does. So, that argument against her doesn't work for me. She may well end up bad, but that doesn't make sense to me as an argument against her.

And again, please stop insulting the other players on this site. It makes you look like a baddie.

*votes Glorf*
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

Glorfindel, I very often AM irresponsible and self indulgent.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I feel like SVS's recent postings have also made me feel much better about her. I wouldn't be going after her tomorrow, even if glorf is civ.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

LoRab wrote:

Wow...30 games and this is allegedly the worst mislynch you've seen? Insulting us for thinking you are suspicious is not the way to convince us of your innocence, tbqh.

And SVS doesn't make up suspicion, whether she is good or bad. It's just not something she does. So, that argument against her doesn't work for me. She may well end up bad, but that doesn't make sense to me as an argument against her.

And again, please stop insulting the other players on this site. It makes you look like a baddie.

*votes Glorf*
At no point in this game have I insulted any of you, my fellow players and I find that accusation perhaps the most insulting of all. Then again, I'll confess that it hardly surprises me at this point.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:Only one civ role I could be? What sense does that make?
You admitted to being a targeting role. There is only one GCPD targeting role you could be. I expect you to prove it tonight. Use your imagination.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
You have an opportunity to prove it to yourself. It matters not how many baddies die, even if there is only one left so they must be responsible for the kill, tracking me will not show me targetting the person who dies.
You aren't a civ. That much is obvious.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Glorfindel wrote:
LoRab wrote:

says infinitely more about all of you than it does about me.

*votes Glorf*
At no point in this game have I insulted any of you, my fellow players and I find that accusation perhaps the most insulting of all. Then again, I'll confess that it hardly surprises me at this point.
Really? Because all of these quotes seem, in various degrees, insulting to me. Not to mention this response to my post in itself.

All the cases that have been brought against me have been some of the weakest I've seen in my experience

I'd see that as an irresponsible and self indulgent act

I'd also like to put on record my gut-wrenching disappointment

I'm still bitterly disappointed about that.

That defied all logic from the time that he made that post yet, many of you still bought it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:Only one civ role I could be? What sense does that make?
You admitted to being a targeting role. There is only one GCPD targeting role you could be. I expect you to prove it tonight. Use your imagination.
When did I admit to being a targetting role?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
You aren't a civ. That much is obvious.
:haha:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@Mac - I understand why SVS was laughing at my case now. I understand.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:@Mac - I understand why SVS was laughing at my case now. I understand.
:hug:
One thingI have to say, I do owe apologies to DH & to Mac. I behaved very badly, and I am the person playing this game who should behave the best, not the worst. Telling people to shut the fuck up is inexcusable. And saying things so terrible that I thought I drove Mac off is also inexcusable. I am very sorry, and will work as hard as I can not to do those sorts of things going into the future :noble:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Glorfindel I just want to say it was the way that you defended yourself that I found most suspicious. You used dramatic flair and long paragraphs about how malicious the case was and how your civvieness should be obvious and it struck me as protesting too much. If this is indeed a mislynch it will be a learning experience for future games. I'll know that that's just how you defend yourself and you'll know that I found your approach less convincing, not more. I hope you keep playing here, you seem like a swell guy :)
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Turnip Head wrote:Glorfindel I just want to say it was the way that you defended yourself that I found most suspicious. You used dramatic flair and long paragraphs about how malicious the case was and how your civvieness should be obvious and it struck me as protesting too much. If this is indeed a mislynch it will be a learning experience for future games. I'll know that that's just how you defend yourself and you'll know that I found your approach less convincing, not more. I hope you keep playing here, you seem like a swell guy :)
This
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:Also, the reason I say I think Mac is voting me for 'sport' not because he thinks I am bad is that I think Mac would have tracked me now, possibly even twice (even and odd), and he will know I haven't targetted any baddies. Not that this necessarily rules me out entirely, but he certainly hasn't caught me in the act.

Wifom time - if I was bad, I would have NKed Mac long ago. I need him dead to win. If I am bad, I have no compunction taking out someone I need dead to win.
This is where you admitted to having a targeting role.

You've already excluded the potential of you being Batman. You aren't Robin. You aren't Bullock. There is one pro-town targeting role you could be.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:Also, the reason I say I think Mac is voting me for 'sport' not because he thinks I am bad is that I think Mac would have tracked me now, possibly even twice (even and odd), and he will know I haven't targetted any baddies. Not that this necessarily rules me out entirely, but he certainly hasn't caught me in the act.

Wifom time - if I was bad, I would have NKed Mac long ago. I need him dead to win. If I am bad, I have no compunction taking out someone I need dead to win.

You've already excluded the potential of you being Batman. You aren't Robin. You aren't Bullock. There is one pro-town targeting role you could be.
No Mac. I did not, ever, admit to having a targetting role. In that post or elsewhere. I haven't targetted anyone on the day they have died - whether I have a targetting role or not.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Lynch Golden 2016

Votes Glorf
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

I fucked up
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

No Mac. I did not, ever, admit to having a targetting role. In that post or elsewhere. I haven't targetted anyone on the day they have died - whether I have a targetting role or not.
Stop speaking with a condescending tone or I will swim across the Tasman and slap you with my glove.

You said ... "he will know I haven't targeted any baddies."

Not ... "he will know I haven't targeted anyone."

Inferring you have targeted non baddies.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dom wrote:I fucked up
I don't think it will matter Dom unless people are looking at your past votes and then you may have to remind them what happened.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Stop speaking with a condescending tone or I will swim across the Tasman and slap you with my glove.

You said ... "he will know I haven't targeted any baddies."

Not ... "he will know I haven't targeted anyone."

Inferring you have targeted non baddies.
There is no such inference.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Boy do people love to read in things to what I say.

I could counter what you said with 'if I had a targetting role, I would have said "You would have seen that the person I targetted was alive"'

I mean, really, it's you that is drawing an inference that was never there.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Whereas if I'd said your suggested line... there certainly would have been an inference and a role hint that I had a role that didn't target.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:Boy do people love to read in things to what I say.

I could counter what you said with 'if I had a targetting role, I would have said "You would have seen that the person I targetted was alive"'

I mean, really, it's you that is drawing an inference that was never there.
If you were just a cop, you would have been like "he knows I haven't targeted anyone". Your fumbly choice of words is telling.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You suggested that I think you are bad because I have tracked you and saw that you targeted no bad guys.

If I had a tracker calling for my lynch and I was a vanilla townie, that is not what I would say.

Send it to the thread. Let's roleplay. You are a vanilla townie and a supposed tracker is calling for your lynch. What do you react like?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:You suggested that I think you are bad because I have tracked you and saw that you targeted no bad guys.

If I had a tracker calling for my lynch and I was a vanilla townie, that is not what I would say.

Send it to the thread. Let's roleplay. You are a vanilla townie and a supposed tracker is calling for your lynch. What do you react like?
I meant targetted no DEAD guys, which I've already made plain.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm not going to engage in a roleplay based on whether I do or do not have a trackable role. I've made it very clear that not only have I not rolehinted, I will not. Basically, you are forcing me into either claiming cop or not cop my forcing me to either say I would have acted as I have, or I would have acted differently. So no.

It makes no odds which I am, you have the ability to endeavour to track me on any given night, and it does not matter how frequently you do it you will never catching me killing someone because I am not bad.

You have the power to do this, Mac.

It's very simple, to me. I don't know why you would refuse to do it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dude I don't want to be sucked back in. I want to die so I can leave the game. Do yo thing.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

:burp:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Prisoner 208986 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Dude I don't want to be sucked back in. I want to die so I can leave the game. Do yo thing.
Wait, what? Why do you want to leave the game? I would hate to see that happen, you're very entertaining.
Hi Prisoner 208986.

I want to leave the game for a few reasons.

1. I thought I would be an obvious kill days ago and totally stopped keeping up with progress hence why my recent contributions have amounted to "lol lynch DH lol" etc.
2. I'm too busy
3. I should be killed and fuck the Mafia for not having done so already
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Prisoner 208986 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Dude I don't want to be sucked back in. I want to die so I can leave the game. Do yo thing.
Wait, what? Why do you want to leave the game? I would hate to see that happen, you're very entertaining.
Umm.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:
Prisoner 208986 wrote:
Umm.
Says the dead guy who forgot to use dead red...
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote:
Prisoner 208986 wrote:
Umm.
sorry, fixed
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Prisoner 208986 wrote:
Umm.
sorry, fixed
Get it together man. You can't be rezzed like that!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think the prisoner is probably just a fall guy.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Poll has no end timer lol
Day 8 ends at 10:30pm EST.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Poll has no end timer lol
Day 8 ends at 10:30pm EST.
Getting ready for my 10:31pm EST rezz party time.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Jobs”