30%

Total votes: 20
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 126

Re: [DAY 3] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Matt »

Silverwolf wrote:
Golden wrote:Also I would say it is also blatantly obvious why Matt has completely changed his view on me.
Right, it has to do with how he replaced in and I kind of feel like it compromises the integrity of the game somewhat with the way he was so suspicious of you and suddenly is certain he was wrong.

I'm gonna assume this is a town thing and figure out where to move my vote as soon as I can.
Hey Silver! I assure you both Matt 1.0 and Matt 2.0 know absolutely nothing about Golden whatsoever. In fact, both Matt's know nothing about anyone in the game, again, whatsoever. Truth. Except sprityo. Matt 2.0 knows about sprityo. XD
Image Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:
Scotty wrote:I realize this is easy for you to just brush off, but if and when sig is lynched and comes up as bad I will go back and use points from your posts if I have to. If he is bad, I see right through you.
I have nothing to say. I look bad if he is maf, I still look bad if he's civ. I've been letting those who suspect sig deal with him on their own. I'm too biased to see anything in him worth lynching.
So you think he is civ?
My point is, combing through your posts, I have not seen you give one opinion one way or another on what you think of sig's alignment.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:
Scotty wrote:I realize this is easy for you to just brush off, but if and when sig is lynched and comes up as bad I will go back and use points from your posts if I have to. If he is bad, I see right through you.
I have nothing to say. I look bad if he is maf, I still look bad if he's civ. I've been letting those who suspect sig deal with him on their own. I'm too biased to see anything in him worth lynching.
So you think he is civ?
My point is, combing through your posts, I have not seen you give one opinion one way or another on what you think of sig's alignment.
That's because I never had one.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

chaindeath wrote:Nerolunar, chaindeath supposes he should thank you. He has looked back through some of the posts where he was mentioned and involved and has gotten some reads. Quite honestly he finds you quite suspect. You claim that he has only posted defensively however, he's tried to figure things out through postings to no avail. He finds it quite interesting that you restated things that he, although perhaps not as explicitly as he should have, days after the fact.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:49 pm
chaindeath wrote:
ika wrote:yawn can we lynch this now?
This statement makes chaindeath uncomfortable. :eye:
Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:42 am
Nerolunar wrote:Im still reading Ika as bad. I understand that we are unfamilliar with his playstyle, but I just can´t get around how it looks. Recently he has only posted pictures without words, not really been providing thoughts or reads and previously he would say stuff like "Just lynch this already". It doesn´t look to me like he is really trying. What townstyle exhibits that?

I guess he is working and doesn´t have time to respond properly, but if he doesn´t do it soon I will be voting for him.
Maybe it's a piggy back but to him it seems like a Pingy-back (He tried)

He would also like to state that his initial entry into the game was in a defensive stance since people had voted for chaindeath. Apparently to you, he thinks, not physically having the time to participate is a baddie thing to do. He was out of town with family and to that point he felt his early vote on LC was justified but he didn't want to dwell too long on it. He feels bad saying it but it was more like a "throwaway vote".

Chaindeath would like to conclude with light amount of pingy-ness coming from Scotty also, any interaction with him seems to have been not the friendliest.

D&D night got moved up a day, so he will likely not be on until late or even tomorrow morning
Being short on time is not a baddie tell, but not working for the civ case is. That is what Ika has been doing for some time now, although he is cursed today so I don´t expect him to play that much right now.
How was the LC vote justified? LC only had a post where he spoke against the "Everyone votes for everyone plan". I can´t see how that could possibly be interpreted as scum behavior.
Also, you´re suddenly suspicious of me when I am of you. This is just a NO U to both me and Scotty. Im pinged by you very much right now.

Indi and Quin - I never said I wanted to lynch for information. I wanted to wait for the night to end because NKs would be done and we would have just a little more to go on. I mostly don´t like to start wagons at night where the voting poll is not even up. I believe I have explained that in a previous post. I guess I might have voiced it wrong since 3 people have misunderstood it by now :fist:
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Indi did you read all of my posts? I have explained most of the points you make already. I can explain them again if you want.

I discarded the idea of meta reads on Ika/SW because they never showed up. Ika mentioned that he would quickly sort out if SW was bad, but he only went all over the place, resulting in a lot of suspicion being thrown at him. I became suspicious of him because he didn´t make use of the fact that only he has meta of SW, and also his generally weid behavior which I have explained.

I came off of Ika when I began to think that it was due to playstyle that he was acting like he was. I was afraid to tunnel too hard at that point. Epignosis had voted for me based on very little evidence(the steering of the thread) and that pinged me. He has exhibited civ behavior lately though, so Im neutral on him now.

Epignosis didn´t tunnel on me, and that made me less suspicious on him - in hindsight its a pretty bad way to gauge alignment, so I will give you that.

I had been reading 18 pages, so Quins behavior at EoD slipped my mind. There was so much to remember, and thats why I was genuinely happy that people had pointed it out so that I didn´t miss it.

As of now, yeah I am reading Ika as bad. I guess it would be stupid of him to vote for Fuzz, but I believe that was what occured anyway. Maybe he forgot he had the votes, maybe he actively bussed to save himself. Regardless of what happened, he has still exhibited scummy behavior in my opinion. I won´t lynch him today though, as he can´t defend himself. I am much more comfortable with lynching Chaindeath. He is just scummy all over.

Chaindeath
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Long Con »

Hello, I'm back! I sat down to catch up and then get back to my Nerolunar ISO, and I saw that a couple of people have taken up the torch on the Nero front, so that's cool. I'm still going to go through things myself and get some gut reactions and etceteras, but it looked like some good thoughts on my first read-through.

Before I started my continuation, I went back to look at my own post to see where I left off. I saw this quote:
Long Con wrote:Nero then flings a little mud at sig before turning his attention elsewhere.
...and, in light of sig being a prominent lynch candidate, I decided to look a little deeper. I found this exchange (snipped of irrelevant content):
Nerolunar wrote:@ Sig I find it suspicious that you reacted so violently and defensive towards Sloonei pointing out you were lurking. :ponder:
sig wrote:I didn't react violently, I did react defensively yes since usually accusing someone of being present and lurking is followed by someone saying it is pingy, then BAM Sig gets lynched and there is no more Sig. :(
Nerolunar wrote:@ Sig To me its not "highly pingy" to call out lurking.
So far into my ISO there is a light back-and-forth of suspicion between Nero and sig, but nothing too extreme.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nerolunar wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Is it bad that I'm not managing to follow the whole Wilgy/Enrique/Dinny argument anymore?

I had to check the poll to understand who is voting for who.
I don´t get it either. Can someone do a TL;DR?

Im not really reading Gleam as scummy. I might just go with a wagon today if someone can convince me of reasons to vote for someone.

Linki Yeah weird behavior from Mongoose.
Ok, I tend to look at things as "would a baddie say this? Does this achieve a baddie's goals?" I guess confirmation bias is a thing, so take it with a grain of salt, because I do think Nero is probably a baddie at this point. In this above post...

Line 1: Feign Civvielike confusion. Do not express suspicion of the non-baddies involved, but don't try to slow it down too much. If Nero is bad, then I believe DDL is Civ, because you don't need to interact with your teammates like that, you need to interact with Civs, because it's about building rapport.
Line 2: Don't know if Nero would be the type to defend a teammate, but a Nero flip would give us some information with which to judge this lack of Gleam suspicion. The wagon part is just baddie-sounding in a weirdly blatant way... like, way to shirk all responsibility for your vote.
Line 3: :shrug: Light mudslinging, not adding anything, just reinforcing what gleam said much more completely.
Nerolunar wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
Diiny wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:I'm voting Diiny, but not because I specifically side with Wilgy or Enrique. To be honest I have no idea what the flying fart is going on in that circle.
Glad your vote is well informed.
I think Luffy made a good point against your favor. As much as I don't want to say that for how fervently he is attacking me at the moment.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Oh sorry, you are not opposed to the idea of hunting mafia. You just don't want to lynch them. Accusing each other is okay as long as no blood is drawn.
People like yourself are a pretty common trope in movie bad guys. They have some ideal that may even be morally sympathetic to the viewer, but you still use the end to justify your means of sacrificing a few innocent lives along the way. I think that is the wrong attitude.
Do you seriously think we can win without any mislynches? They do serve their purpose, as we can look at vote tallies and such. To me it is alright to mislynch a few if it means winning in the end anyway.

I was not pinged before but now I am.
I don't think gleam's opinion was worth a ping here. This puts me slightly more in favour of them not both being bad... but Nero looks like the bad one because gleam was basically only saying that he didn't want to be a sacrificial lamb to the Gods of Information. Nero slaps a ping on gleam by calling him out for thinking "we can win without any mislynches". WTFdude, that is certainly not what gleam was saying! This looks like a serious case of word-twisting by Nero, followed by a nice little hit on a guy that was clearly already taking a few in the thread. :eye:
Nerolunar wrote:
sig wrote:I don't like Nero's vote what so ever. It seems like he picked a player who already had two votes. I think one of the other people with two votes is a cop, and Nero switched his vote to save them. :srsnod:
That´s a little far-fetched. We are supposed to catch baddies here, and in that moment Chaindeath seemed to me like the most scummy player. I was not happy with any of the major wagons, so I went with him. Do you believe both me and Ika(and the other players with two votes) are cops then? If so, why didn´t you vote for any of us?

I do agree with some of the above posters that Slooneis vote did seem like an act to save a teammate.
Note that there is none of the suspicion toward sig from their last interaction. I haven't looked to deeply into it, but it also seems funny that Nero responds to sig's accusation with contempt, and then in the same post accuses Sloonei of the exact same thing. :haha:
Nerolunar wrote:I see RadicalFuzz is online. What are your suspects and general thoughts on what happened at EoD and from there on?
Is this the kind of post a baddie teammate would make? I don't know. :shrug2: I figured it is at least relevant enough to post.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh, I meant to also say: that's as far as I can get tonight, because it's approaching 4am here. My vote is staying on Nero. Good night! :offtobed:
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Let me explain.

I hadn´t understood the Gleam case because I didn´t know that Agleaminranks was Gleam - I thought it was someones nickname, but I couldn´t figure it out.

I didn´t read Gleam as scum the first time because he seemed like he was making an honest effort - it was a gut read.

I was pinged because he seemed so dead-set on that philosophy and I didn´t agree with it. Now that you mention it I probably viewed it as a bigger issue than what it was, and that its not really alignment indicative. Its still my 4th game, and I need to figure out when a philosophy disagreement is alignment indicative. It probably never is. :shrug:

That interaction with Sig played out after the end of that day - I voted early because of time zones, while Sloonei voted much later. Talk about "saving". There were 4 hours from my vote until end of day, so I placed my vote where I believe there was scum.

Btw Im going to an early party today, so I won´t around in a few hours.

Linki. Don´t go LC - I have explained everything here.
ImageImage

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 140

Post by thellama73 »

Deagon D. Luffy!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Nerolunar wrote:Epignosis had voted for me based on very little evidence(the steering of the thread) and that pinged me. He has exhibited civ behavior lately though, so Im neutral on him now.
Nerolunar

Am I exhibiting civilian behavior now? :feb:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

So the lynch is between the one who is always scum, and the one who is always scummy. Interesting.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:What I mean is, try to look a little more like you are aware you could be wrong. It shouldn't take 48 hours of pressuring for someone to make you admit that.
Here is something you have to understand about me. You spend the first year of your legal career having words like "I think" deleted from everything you write. My opinions will be expressed as facts, because it is how I am trained to write. The facts of how I see the game. I expect everyone to understand that they are my opinions, unless there is a role that knows everything at which they think I am hinting. Because obviously I do not actually know very much.
Oh you are a lawyer. I think you can be excused then. :mafia:

For now. :eye:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Silverwolf wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Quin wrote:I think I'm in info vomit mode here, but I've just thought of something worth considering.

Could ika be the don? He can only be lynched if the majority are from his own family, and since he had the most votes total, it's possible that the loan shark had nothing to do with this, and he just wasn't lynched because of the role criteria.
No, I highly doubt ika is a don.
To expland on this, I would expect the don to be playing super obvious town. Based on that alone, it isn't ika.
I dunno, I always try to play super obvious town and results are pretty variable.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
Diiny wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:I'm voting Diiny, but not because I specifically side with Wilgy or Enrique. To be honest I have no idea what the flying fart is going on in that circle.
I think Luffy made a good point against your favor. As much as I don't want to say that for how fervently he is attacking me at the moment.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Oh sorry, you are not opposed to the idea of hunting mafia. You just don't want to lynch them. Accusing each other is okay as long as no blood is drawn.
People like yourself are a pretty common trope in movie bad guys. They have some ideal that may even be morally sympathetic to the viewer, but you still use the end to justify your means of sacrificing a few innocent lives along the way. I think that is the wrong attitude.
Do you seriously think we can win without any mislynches? They do serve their purpose, as we can look at vote tallies and such. To me it is alright to mislynch a few if it means winning in the end anyway.

I don't think gleam's opinion was worth a ping here. This puts me slightly more in favour of them not both being bad... but Nero looks like the bad one because gleam was basically only saying that he didn't want to be a sacrificial lamb to the Gods of Information. Nero slaps a ping on gleam by calling him out for thinking "we can win without any mislynches". WTFdude, that is certainly not what gleam was saying! This looks like a serious case of word-twisting by Nero, followed by a nice little hit on a guy that was clearly already taking a few in the thread. :eye:
That's funny. That's the exact same vibe I got from your whole entire post here :smoky:

I don't think your case comes from a civvie mindset LC, it looks like you went through Nero's posts and picked out every little thing that you could interpret your way. It's not like we need some grand unifying evidence on a player to lynch them, Fuzz was lynched on a single mistake, and it's not like every post a baddie makes will look bad. I think you had your heart set on a Nero vote and then built the case. I also notice you have done this at the cost of discussing everything else going on. Where are your thoughts on sig and Quinn who each have quite a few votes? They're being suspected for behavior at EoD2 which was similar to yours, you should at least have an opinion on them.

I think you're a cop Long Con :mafia:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:So a view from people he hasn't played with would be excellent.
I think he looks bad, but there is a little voice in my head saying "playstyle". Like, his flip-floppy ways and the fact he doesn't seem to be very involved in the game could be bad, but could also be just playstyle.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I feel like if I have to pursue another gleam lynch I'm gonna have an aneurism.
Do you feel like it would be a good lynch? would be ironic if heaps of us shifted from one cop to another lol.
I do. And that's really possible. Could lead to some interesting information too.

But I'm having nightmares of the times I pushed lynches on a single player for half of the game only to have them flip civ. I don't feel like doing that again.
Ah, see, I think you need more arrogance :p

(I think my arrogance is more a front... for knowing you HAVE to lynch someone no matter what. Take sig, for example. He cast the vote that 'saved' Fuzz. How can we ever get to end game without ever lynching him? At some point, he is going to be lynched, you know? That's just TOO objectively suspicious.)
I know I keep coming back to that game (what can I do, it was a great game), but that is the EXACT logic that made the civs lose Economics. We made a list of players who HAD to be lynched early on and went through them like a checklist. All you had to do was insert one more name in the list and you won.

That game actually taught me to never believe a specific player has to be lynched for the game to progress. It's never too late to change reads.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Economics was definitely one of my favorite games of all time and my favorite side mission. :slick:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'm gonna look at Enrique and LC and at night.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Still need to read LC.
Have you done this yet?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

No.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Don't forget about our Loan Sharks, by the way! You can offer to borrow 1, 2, or 3 vote(s) from either Loan Shark at any time.

Also, rock it, Team Sockface!! :drums:
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

Matt wrote:Silverwolf, how do you feel about sig?

ika, how do you feel about Golden?

I'm gonna follow Epi and Sloonei on Quin for now, but keep in mind this is just a temp vote (perhaps) until I can catch up after work tonight.
I felt he was frustrated town after the lynch more than frustrated cop who's buddy was lynched.

I'm not overly thrilled with quin, sig, or nero lynches to be honest but I have not idea who scum is either so voted for Long Con for now as I barely remember anything he's done and seems under the radar. I do feel scum is lying low this game and not doing much.

I will NOT vote for Dragon.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

I'm gonna re-ISO sig and Long Con. Also Nerolunar. Quin seems town to me. I don't know if I'm just reading everyone different than the rest of you but I don't see how anyone thinks he's a cop.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Matt wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Golden wrote:Also I would say it is also blatantly obvious why Matt has completely changed his view on me.
Right, it has to do with how he replaced in and I kind of feel like it compromises the integrity of the game somewhat with the way he was so suspicious of you and suddenly is certain he was wrong.

I'm gonna assume this is a town thing and figure out where to move my vote as soon as I can.
Hey Silver! I assure you both Matt 1.0 and Matt 2.0 know absolutely nothing about Golden whatsoever. In fact, both Matt's know nothing about anyone in the game, again, whatsoever. Truth. Except sprityo. Matt 2.0 knows about sprityo. XD
Fair enough!! I just got a little paranoid. I'm over it now. No worries. :beer:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm pretty much on the same page as you Silverwolf. Sig, Quin and Nero seem all right to me.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

I wish Zebra would do something this game. Just voting for Epi and barely posting is really not helpful at all.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Silverwolf wrote:I wish Zebra would do something this game. Just voting for Epi and barely posting is really not helpful at all.
Enrique as well for that matter-hasn't even voted.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Black Rock, Chaindeath, and Soneji are all completely null to me as well.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Silverwolf wrote:Black Rock, Chaindeath, and Soneji are all completely null to me as well.
I bet one of these is scum.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Silverwolf wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Black Rock, Chaindeath, and Soneji are all completely null to me as well.
I'll ISO them all and find out who.
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
I'll ISO them all and find out who.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
Diiny wrote:

That's funny. That's the exact same vibe I got from your whole entire post here :smoky:

I don't think your case comes from a civvie mindset LC, it looks like you went through Nero's posts and picked out every little thing that you could interpret your way. It's not like we need some grand unifying evidence on a player to lynch them, Fuzz was lynched on a single mistake, and it's not like every post a baddie makes will look bad. I think you had your heart set on a Nero vote and then built the case. I also notice you have done this at the cost of discussing everything else going on. Where are your thoughts on sig and Quinn who each have quite a few votes? They're being suspected for behavior at EoD2 which was similar to yours, you should at least have an opinion on them.

I think you're a cop Long Con :mafia:
Well, you think wrong, TH. My post does indeed come from a Civvie mindset. I already said I agree with Golden and others who believe that the Fuzz CFD is likely all Civ (at least the five or so earliest voters), and that we're more likely to find baddies on the ika train. I would be fine with a sig or Quin lynch, I just happen to find Nero suspicious and no one else had really looked at him at all.

You say I'm twisting Nero's words, and that I'm attacking a guy who was already taking hits in the thread? That is false. Nero wasn't taking any real hits. He had no votes, and no one had made a case against him. Accuse me of confirmation bias if you want, but there are no shady intentions in what I'm doing here.
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

I forgot Enrique was replaced. I'd like to hear from boomsland and draconian-Enrique and Mongoose replacements. I forgot about this as I haven't heard from them much or at all yet.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

But LC you were on the ika train :confused: Does that not color your perception of the others on that wagon?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Silverwolf wrote:I forgot Enrique was replaced. I'd like to hear from boomsland and draconian-Enrique and Mongoose replacements. I forgot about this as I haven't heard from them much or at all yet.
I need to prob ISO these two as well. I really think it's a mistake to overlook those barely doing anything or if the replacements don't step it up.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:@ Quirinius: When you're here, could you elaborate on why you are suspicious of me? My case on you started with yesterday's events, but I was convinced to vote for you when you said I'm suspicious. I don't think that's a genuine sentiment of yours, but you also haven't really explained it yet. It would benefit everyone if you explained your reasoning.
I believe I have explained it quite thoroughly. You first pinged me back when you said you'd withhold your vote so you didn't influence the way the lynch went. I don't see a point in that, and it is definitely not something you have done in the past. You're practically saying that 'even though I have some concrete suspicions to work with, I'm going to play the field and pick the most convenient option'. I did infer that you should elaborate on why you made a point to do this, but all I got was 'This is not atypical behaviour'. From there, I've seen you recycling the same point over and over against me. I get that it's the point you most believe in, I do. But what I don't understand is if that's the case, why are we still arguing it? In all other cases when it gets to that point, anyone would typically just place their vote and advocate my lynch elsewhere. Instead, we spent all of yesterday having a conversation that brought nothing new to the table than what was there from the beginning. It just seemed moot and like an excuse to keep me talking. And it's definitely not typical for you.

Mind you, you usually only hosted games so I don't have a whole lot of examples to go off, but I'm also taking your overall personality into account here.
I explained my vote thing in these couple of posts:
Sloonei wrote:
Sloonei wrote:At this point I feel comfortable enough with voting either Epi or ika but will probably hold off on actually putting my vote on one of them so as to not influence the way other people vote. I assume the tally is going go come down between those two and Gleam, and I once again am compelled to vote for someone who's not Gleam, and I expect others to be voting to save one candidate or another (just like me) at the end of the day.
I'd rather see how other people decide before commiting my own vote. In a pre-emptive defense for when people accuse me of not being able to make up my mind and/or waffling/fence-sitting: yeah, you're absolutely right, but it's not for a lack of commitment. I am commited to the lynch of either one of those two, I just want it to be whichever one is more widely supported by everyone else.
But of course I'm not taking anyone else off the table yet. I just don't see enough votes turning in any other direction to get anyone outside of that trio at this point, so that's where I'll likely be concentrating my vote.
Sloonei wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I am starting to feel more inclined to vote for Epi, and if I reach a point where I'm confident enough to do that, I will do it.
Is that gonna happen on its own? Are you looking for encouragement?

also why is everyone voting fuzz now wtf i wasnt serious
It did happen, briefly. I suppose you could say I was looking for encouragement, aye. I wanted my decision to be the one that most people agreed with, because I am member of the town team, and I am mindful of everyone else's opinions. But now I'm on Fuzz. See the poll.
I'd still like to keep the discussion open for everyone.
Why aren't we voting for Matt?

linki to infinity and beyond
It's not atypical behavior for me. I knew where my suspicions were, but I did not know where other people's were. If I had put my vote on either one of Epi or ika then it could have influenced a few drive-by voters later in the day, who just look at the poll, see the numbers, and cast a vote based on that. I didn't want that to happen so I left them both even.

I continually brought up the same point(s) in my case on you because none of your answers satisfied me. I still think you are bad and the same reasons still apply. I thought maybe you weren't getting my points, so I was trying to articulate them differently.

My behavior in Mafia games is not the same as my behavior in real life, as indicated by people perceiving me as a serious person here. As we should all know, that is a very very silly thing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote:But LC you were on the ika train :confused: Does that not color your perception of the others on that wagon?
No, it does not. Their reasons and gameplay are not mine.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con is bad y'all
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

indiglo wrote:Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts
Postby Quin » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:41 pm
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm behind seven pages. Catching up before the deadline isn't going to happen. Can someone give me a summary of Fuzz? What'd he do?
Fuzz stated he wanted to avoid the ika/Silverwolf situation. The situation being that he thought people were bandwagoning him because he was new and people didn't understand him. He also said that he would break whatever tie came up. He voted for ika. Peoples interpretation of the vote vary.
Ok, the date and time are in my time zone (obviously) which is US Central but I wanted to point out that this post was made, what, like 15 minutes before poll close? I think it closed just before 7pm Eastern, so just before 6pm in my time zone.

I like this post. It is a factual summation of events with zero agenda. So, we're talking about panicking cops there at the last minute, right? This post is cool as a cucumber. The lack of agenda is what strikes me the most. I'm continuing my ISO, but wanted to share this as I go just in case I would forget it or lose the tab.

(Dex teases me all the time for my browsing habits - I normally have somewhere around 20 tabs open at any given moment. So sometimes I'll accidentally close one and not realize it! Shock and horror!)
I completely disagree with your assessment here. This was one of the first posts that drew my eye to Quin because it has an agenda. The whole thing is told from Fuzz's perspective, assuming he's a townie. It read as very pro-Fuzz to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Okay, skimming LC's posts, I can say that, if he is bad, he plays a very safe bad game. He is aware of his Day 2 vote being suspicious so he doesn't confront the "town leaders" and just admits it's bad. He seems pretty rational and chill. And his reasoning for opposing the Fuzz lynch wasn't really wrong, though I don't completely agree with it.

I can see a cop playing like that, but I can also perfectly see it from a town standpoint. As in, he has his read on Nero that makes sense and is playing in a way not to be a protagonist, but just to be helpful.

Also if he is bad, Nero is almost surely civ, and vice-versa, barring some outlandish bussing.

I don't suspect him more than Nero or Sig though, so I don't feel like lynching him.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

In every game I've ever played with Long Con, other people have been able to express very confident reads on him based on some sort of meta that I've never been able to recognize. Granted, this is only like the third time we've played together over the course of about a year. I'll ISO him at some point soon and see what I come up with.
I am caught up now, but unlikely to put in any max-effort posts before the EoD today. I have another too-long day at work coming up today and there's a few things I need to get done IRL before I go in. I think sig looks worse than Quin in the last 24 hours -- Quin is doing a marvelous job staying composed in the face of pressure regardless of his alignment, but sig is just dismissing every single point against him as "scummy". I still think they're both bad, but I see the votes have shifted toward sig and Nero. I previously had Nero as a town read but there have been some decent points made against him today. Not enough to get me to want to vote for him, especially not today when we still have all this Day 2 stuff to sift through, but enough to make me remove him from my list of town reads.
I'll move my vote to sig to widen the gap between him and Nero.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Black Rock »

Scotty wrote:I just did a read of Quin.

He's a cop.

Hey Quin, what is your opinion of sig? Straight up.
I was just thinking the same thing. Some of his posts are pinging me quite a bit.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Long Con wrote:Oh, I meant to also say: that's as far as I can get tonight, because it's approaching 4am here. My vote is staying on Nero. Good night! :offtobed:

Are you kidding? You were up that late? I didn't even here you come to bed.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Epignosis had voted for me based on very little evidence(the steering of the thread) and that pinged me. He has exhibited civ behavior lately though, so Im neutral on him now.
Nerolunar

Am I exhibiting civilian behavior now? :feb:

This post does make me feel more comfortable with you. :ponder:
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 384

Post by indiglo »

Black Rock wrote:

He's a cop.

I was just thinking the same thing. Some of his posts are pinging me quite a bit.
When (or if) either of you have time to share thoughts on this, please do.

BR, what do you think about going with sig today?
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:Long Con is bad y'all

No, but I am getting pretty sure about you TH.

LC is playing a pretty civ game and you should know that.
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:So the lynch is between the one who is always scum, and the one who is always scummy. Interesting.
Ack. Stop making me paranoid. :omg:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

indiglo wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

He's a cop.

When (or if) either of you have time to share thoughts on this, please do.

BR, what do you think about going with sig today?
I feel like sig is a good vote, the problem I have with sig is every time I feel this way he's a civ. What do I do with that?

Have you read Quin's posts? I don't know Quins style but I feel he's saying a lot of unnecessary stuff.

I really like a TH lynch, but I'm alone on that one. I have not seen super civvie TH at all this game.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Where is SVS? Did I miss her ever answering my question about TH?
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

I don't think SVS has been around, no. I am still wanting to hear from her too.

I did re-read Quin. From tone, willingness to converse and such, I felt more ok about him after the read. Which is why I am interested in hearing specifics on the opposite read you and Scotty (I think?) have on him. I don't really want to put anyone in a hermetically sealed category in my mind.

Yeah, over night and this morning I've been growing more paranoid about the sig thing. So far, I'm not really being convinced to move my vote anywhere else, but the paranoia is rampant.

XOXO Epi Girl

Return to “Previous Jobs”