Total votes: 20
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 204

Re: [DAY 5] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by a2thezebra »

Prisoner 277058 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 277058 wrote:Prison did not agree with me.
Why hello. Who should we lynch?
I couldn't possibly comment. It is my understanding however that the goal is to lynch those with whom your morals conflict.
And if you have no morals?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

I wish you luck escapees :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Prisoner 208986 wrote:Ok, I'm here a little late. First has someone already explained the ika "slip"? If so I'll go back and find it. If not could someone explain it?
ika didn't slip.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Rachel Green »

YEEEEEEEHAWWWWW!!!!!!

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

This is a point that has likely already been discussed to some degree, but I'll raise it again anyway: Fuzz was lynched despite trailing in his tally by one vote. That likely means there were extra votes in play somewhere, probably via the loan shark(s). The late votes that secured the lynch, like Turnip Head and Sloonei -- how have those been received?

I'm reminded of a particular bus vote by Russ in the Talking Heads game that earned him town credibility for nearly the whole game before the town finally figured it out.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Saito »

a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 208986 wrote:Ok, I'm here a little late. First has someone already explained the ika "slip"? If so I'll go back and find it. If not could someone explain it?
ika didn't slip.
See now things are interesting. I read just a few pages back some yuckity yuck said that ika showed knowledge she shouldn't have had. Is that not a slip?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:What lynches are you sold on, 509?
I just got out of jail. I'm never going back. That means I'm not planting my flag into any camps until I know I've made the best principled choice.

You've voted for ika, I see. Why?
I think him and the warden are in cahoots.
I'm not here for jokes. Why did you vote for ika?
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 384

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by indiglo »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
indiglo wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:My recollection is that there was a core of us uncomfortable with the 3 main candidates: ika, gleam and LC. So we discussed just pooling our votes and going elsewhere. A few names were tossed around, 1 them eventually being Fuzz. SVS jumped on, did a quick ISO and found something off. The thread was moving SUPER fast, and there was MUCH discussion about whether or not the "off thing" was really a thing, or just some hare brained tangent.

I felt better about the "off thing" from Fuzz than I did about the 3 candidates, so popped my vote on there and hoped for the best. Interesting thing was, after we had gotten Fuzz up to being the leader (many Gleam voters hopped off Gleam and onto Fuzz) LC came in and tied ika with Fuzz. Then lastly, sig jumped on and put ika in the lead. Fuzz still got lynched though.

Does that help at all? It was a crazy day, to say the least.
It helps a great deal, thank you. The context of the lynch progression is crucial to my being able to fully grasp each important variable. When you say "the off thing" in reference to Fuzz, what do you mean?

Here is a link to the original SVS post finding The Off Thing :noble:

Here are the quotes:
S~V~S wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Breaking the tie, voting for ika.

ika
This is a very opportunistic vote and probably scum.
I kind of agree. This is his last postmentioning ika:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Matt is either playing from a high tightrope or is town. The risk/reward for his actions feels like high/medium if he's scum.
Sloonei is my strongest townread, as his posts have consistently made logical sense and he's avoided tunnelling on one player or interaction. It feels like he's trying to solve the game, and that's good.
You look town-y to me, for similar reasons to Sloonei. The difference is your tone reads as a little early to reach a conclusion, like you're content with finding enough facts to reach a conclusion at all, not necessarily the correct one.

Spirityo still has said next to nothing and we're a few hours out from Day 2 ending. His four posts consist of the following. A "linki - that's a good idea", one "I agree with Sloonei about the cultural differences between RYM & Syndicate", a greeting to everyone, and an apology for missing the vote. Absolutely zero content whatsoever.
Enrique I don't like because of his refusal to explain his vote on Day 1. That entire situation read as if he was nervous, if that makes sense, like he didn't have a reason at the time of his vote but decided he needed one.

I refuse to touch the Silverwolf/ika thing with a 39 & 1/2 foot pole. There's some logic to be found in interactions regarding them, but so much emotion that I'd probably end up stepping on someone's toes and they'd get mad at me for their decision to wear sandals.

My vote's going to be used to prevent a tie today. I'm indifferent as to where specifically it goes.

Turnip the reason you should vote for me is so you stop twiddling your thumbs about who to vote for.

Llama can you elaborate on your conclusion that Luffy's posts scream "cop?"
S~V~S wrote:ebwop, what changed? Why did he grab his 39 1/2 foot pole & start touching?
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I will probably vote for whomever a majority of my cohorts vote for. Time on the inside bonds us and I'd trust these no good dirty sacks of crime with my life.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Prisoner 277058 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika didn't slip.
See now things are interesting. I read just a few pages back some yuckity yuck said that ika showed knowledge she shouldn't have had. Is that not a slip?
It's not true. ika knows what ika knows, but no conclusions of that nature can be deduced from the thread.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 277058 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika didn't slip.
It's not true. ika knows what ika knows, but no conclusions of that nature can be deduced from the thread.
So you're calling that person a liar?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
I just got out of jail. I'm never going back. That means I'm not planting my flag into any camps until I know I've made the best principled choice.

No. You don't understand.

Answer my question and I'll answer yours.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Prisoner 277058 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 277058 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika didn't slip.
That or mistaken.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 277058 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 277058 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika didn't slip.
That or mistaken.
If you don't think ika slipped do you think ika is bad?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Prisoner 277058 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 277058 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 277058 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika didn't slip.
That or mistaken.
If you don't think ika slipped do you think ika is bad?
I have for some time now.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

I'm not here to bargain either. I've just come here from jail, I have immediately set to my task, and that is all anyone can possibly ask of me. Your request is unreasonable. Mine is not. If you will not answer it, then I will assume you have no answer and color you a suspect accordingly.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Since ika was the counterwagon to Fuzz who WAS bad, I find it hard to see him as bad, although I guess anything is possible.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Should I be under the impression that Matt 1.0 is a prisoner? hyuckhyuckhyuck
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Rachel Green »

OMG, I've been in prison a lonnnnnnng ass time. I have no idea about anything. Anyone want to provide a brief synopsis of life on the outside? No? Okay, I'll start reading, then!
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:This is a point that has likely already been discussed to some degree, but I'll raise it again anyway: Fuzz was lynched despite trailing in his tally by one vote. That likely means there were extra votes in play somewhere, probably via the loan shark(s). The late votes that secured the lynch, like Turnip Head and Sloonei -- how have those been received?

I'm reminded of a particular bus vote by Russ in the Talking Heads game that earned him town credibility for nearly the whole game before the town finally figured it out.
Both of these players' names have been mentioned a couple of times as suspicious. So far, I don't believe any major cases have been made on either of them, but I may be forgetting something again. (But I don't think I am.)
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

S~V~S wrote:Since ika was the counterwagon to Fuzz who WAS bad, I find it hard to see him as bad, although I guess anything is possible.
I've never understood this mindset, at least not the most general concept of it: that a baddie cannot be the counterwagon of another baddie. That would only indicate that the townies are on point, and I don't think that's outrageous. However, the development of the counterwagon and other contextual details could change my mind. Is there a reason specific to that context that makes you feel this way, or is it purely that ika was the counterwagon?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

I'm not here to bargain either. I've just come here from jail, I have immediately set to my task, and that is all anyone can possibly ask of me. Your request is unreasonable. Mine is not. If you will not answer it, then I will assume you have no answer and color you a suspect accordingly.
Be my guest.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

indiglo wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:This is a point that has likely already been discussed to some degree, but I'll raise it again anyway: Fuzz was lynched despite trailing in his tally by one vote. That likely means there were extra votes in play somewhere, probably via the loan shark(s). The late votes that secured the lynch, like Turnip Head and Sloonei -- how have those been received?

Both of these players' names have been mentioned a couple of times as suspicious. So far, I don't believe any major cases have been made on either of them, but I may be forgetting something again. (But I don't think I am.)
What's your take?

Thanks by the way for the details via the S~V~S quote.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:Since ika was the counterwagon to Fuzz who WAS bad, I find it hard to see him as bad, although I guess anything is possible.
I'd like to see what other suspicions you may or may not actually have.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

You don't think more than one major wagon at one time can be bad?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quin wrote:Should I be under the impression that Matt 1.0 is a prisoner? hyuckhyuckhyuck
I've just posted an ISO of sorts about you. Please check my post history and share your thoughts on it at your earliest convenience.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Quin wrote:
What do you mean by this?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Voted for Scotty, btw.
ImageImageImageImage
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Golf »

Quin wrote:Should I be under the impression that Matt 1.0 is a prisoner? hyuckhyuckhyuck
Is this a joke?
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Are votes changeable? :mafia:
Fractal
sprityo
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:
I mean I'd like to see what suspicions SVS has that are not me.
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Matt »

Prisoner 740359 wrote:
Is this a joke?
Lol. Like, MP and Daisy let me post in this thread and your prisoner thread too? That would be the shiz, I'd have so much knowledge. Muhahahaha. And then probably ignore it all and tunnel ika. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Quin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:
But that post that S~V~S made that you responded to had nothing to do with you. It seems like you wanted to accuse her of narrow focus at some point today but got impatient waiting for a proper opportunity.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
I've never understood this mindset, at least not the most general concept of it: that a baddie cannot be the counterwagon of another baddie. That would only indicate that the townies are on point, and I don't think that's outrageous. However, the development of the counterwagon and other contextual details could change my mind. Is there a reason specific to that context that makes you feel this way, or is it purely that ika was the counterwagon?
It was a CFD, and Fuzz had ZERO votes when it started. There was some panic and some people pushing hard against the Fuzz wagon. Like Quin, and Fuzz himself had voted for ika, and kept his vote there. I guess it is possioble, but two others had 4 or 5 votes at that time, and I doubt they were all baddies. and ika would up with the most visible votes, even though Fuzz was lynched:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
DAY 2
Who arrested Tranq?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:45:05 pm

a2thezebra
Epignosis (27) 3%

agleaminranks
Scotty (4) 3%

Black Rock
No votes

Bullzeye
No votes

chaindeath
No votes

Dragon D. Luffy
thellama73 (2), chaindeath (26) 7%

DrWilgy
No votes

Enrique
No votes

Epignosis
Metalmarsh89 (8), a2thezebra (9), DrWilgy (10) 10%

Golden
Matt (13) 3%

ika
Quin (5), Nerolunar (6), agleaminranks (11), Soneji (12), Serge (14), RadicalFuzz (16), Enrique (23), Long Con (28), sig (29) 31%

Long Con
No votes

Matt
No votes

Metalmarsh89
No votes

Mongoose
No votes

Nerolunar
No votes

Quin
No votes

RadicalFuzz
Golden (17), ika (18), Silverwolf (19), indiglo (20), S~V~S (21), Dragon D. Luffy (22), Turnip Head (24), Sloonei (25) 28%

S~V~S
No votes

Scotty
No votes

Serge
No votes

sig
No votes

Silverwolf
No votes

Sloonei
No votes

Soneji
No votes

sprityo
No votes

thellama73
No votes

Turnip Head
Black Rock (15) 3%

Barney Fife (hosts, mod, non-players)
MovingPictures07 (1), Spacedaisy (3), nijuukyugou (7) 10%

Total votes : 29

Missing votes: Mongoose, sprityo
ika does not look that bad tome in this, especially since Fuzz was one of the more inportant roles :shrug:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Christ I need to type better.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Christ I need to type better.
Your confession has been heard and you are absolved. :p
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:
But that post that S~V~S made that you responded to had nothing to do with you. It seems like you wanted to accuse her of narrow focus at some point today but got impatient waiting for a proper opportunity.
I don't think it needs to be directed at me for me to say things. Would it have looked better if I didn't quote her at all? It really doesn't matter.
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Quin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:
I don't think it needs to be directed at me for me to say things. Would it have looked better if I didn't quote her at all? It really doesn't matter.
Everything matters.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:
Why would it look bad or good if you do or do not respond to a post where I did not mention you?

Why are you so worried about how it looks?
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
indiglo wrote:

What's your take?

Thanks by the way for the details via the S~V~S quote.
No problem!

My take - I need to ISO them both. I haven't felt real substantial input from either of them (at least not lately for Sloon, due to work), and that vote doesn't look great. I have typed out like 2 or 3 different things here trying to get my thoughts in order on both of them. That tells me I need to ISO them.

They haven't done anything that sticks out like a sore thumb that screams SCUM yet, at least to me, which is why I haven't focused on them yet. The fact that I can't form a concrete read on either tells me that's a good area to work on. So far, my main reads are a small core of folks I'm pretty certain are civs... which isn't necessarily helpful in the lynching scum department. Ya know?

Whoa, linkapalooza!!!!~

XOXO Epi Girl
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Checking sig's interactions with Fuzz:
sig wrote:
Golden wrote:Serge and Fuzz votes both opportunistic, I'd be open to either of them too.

Serge another new player?

linki: Good point from Sloonie, however I can also see what he means CFD usually are lead by mafia imo. It has saved me more then once getting worked up then someone else suggesting it
Golden makes an assertive statement against Serge and Fuzz, sig only responds about Serge.
sig wrote:Wow why Fuzz this makes no sense I think this is a baddie driven CFD to save a teammate, notice almost the same people are up for lynches today as yesterday? I stand by my theory that one was mafia and that we had some minor save last phase, I think we are seeing a much bigger save attempt this phase. With a mafia team thhis big a CFD is easy to pull off I think this is scum driven to save one of the three leading people. Most likely Ike or Epi.

Can someone give me any reason for the Fuzz lynch?

I also really dislike DDL switch and his reasons. I actually am agreeing with Llama about him what about a Dragon lycnh?

linki: DDL and Golden are my top two scum reads, either Ike or Epi are there partners. Possibly Wilgy as well.
Another suspect I've been handed here seemingly because he defended the confirmed baddie. I will state again that I don't think it's inherently suspicious for a player to defend a bad guy. Townies have screwed up in every Mafia game ever played. If I have any problem at all with this, it'd be his trepidation about the CFD which recalls baddie DharmaHelper's behavior in the 2015 GOC. I don't think this is very suspicious at face value though honestly.
sig wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
sig wrote:That isn't enough to lynch him though.

Linkie that is a good reason a scum wagon even if it is a CFD never develops this quickly. Also the reasons for the Fuzz lynch makes zero sense.
What are the reasons for the Fuzz lynch?
He voted for ike after saying he wasn't going to discuss ike/Silver correct? I believe Baddie Fuzz wouldn't slip like that. I think this is the mafia finding a weak reason and freaking everyone out.
I don't fault someone for being dubious about slip assertions. Most "slips" aren't slips.
sig wrote:oops lol, guess I was wrong. However, I'm not mafia I believed the Wagon on lynch developed to quickly to be real.
Immediate reaction to the flip revealing how wrong his read was. Personally, when I'm town and I get a read catastrophically wrong... "oops lol" is exactly the kind of thing I say. I mean what can you do?

---------------

I don't think sig looks bad. The first bit was a little negative, but it's tiny and insignificant IMO.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:
Everything matters.
Okay, then what conclusion have you come to based on that post?

linki: You're interpreting it that way. It was a rhetorical question.
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Prisoner 740359 wrote:Are votes changeable? :mafia:
They have been, yes. I haven't voted in this poll yet to say for certain, but everyday they have been so far.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

S~V~S wrote:Christ I need to type better.
I need to type faster. :fist:

XOXO Epi Girl
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Post by Golden »

So, thinking that some prisoners were not actually original players, in which case...

Hi, JJJ!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

I have to go, I have to visit my family and my mistress. Looks like homie50's got this, he'll share his results with us homies later and then we can contribute to lynchin' some good ol' scum. Hopefully the Warden.

Golden is le annoying.
Fractal
sprityo
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

S~V~S wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
It was a CFD, and Fuzz had ZERO votes when it started. There was some panic and some people pushing hard against the Fuzz wagon. Like Quin, and Fuzz himself had voted for ika, and kept his vote there. I guess it is possioble, but two others had 4 or 5 votes at that time, and I doubt they were all baddies. and ika would up with the most visible votes, even though Fuzz was lynched:
Okay, a massive CFD is definitely important context so I can understand a bit better. I do think that it's fair to assume that a CFD which fell onto a confirmed mafia Fuzz was probably more town-motivated than not (because if ika is town then the mafia obviously are content to keep it there, and if ika is mafia then it'd be a huge risk to kill one member and leave other as a top suspect still). With that in mind, I'm still not sure it says much about ika's alignment. I'm not saying ika is a top suspect though, because my own interactive read wasn't terribly conclusive.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:
Quin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:
Why would it look bad or good if you do or do not respond to a post where I did not mention you?

Why are you so worried about how it looks?
Also, why are you avoiding the question?
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

I have two threads to read tonight and limited time, so:

Dear prisoners:

I am most suspicious of sig because of his frantic defense of Fuzz, his willingness to allege anybody and everybody, and accusing people for doing or saying things he himself has done and said.

I am second most suspicious of DDL, mainly because after gleam got lynched, DDL acted as though sig's lynch was a foregone conclusion.

I would like your criminal expertise in this, because I'm voting one of these bee-yotches.

Sincerely,

Piper Chapman.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Quin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote: But that post that S~V~S made that you responded to had nothing to do with you. It seems like you wanted to accuse her of narrow focus at some point today but got impatient waiting for a proper opportunity.
Everything matters.
Okay, then what conclusion have you come to based on that post?

linki: You're interpreting it that way. It was a rhetorical question.
The conclusion that I have come to is that it seems like you wanted to accuse her of narrow focus at some point today but got impatient waiting for a proper opportunity.

Return to “Previous Jobs”