Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 10]

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:I'm down for lynching bad guys, but a lot of civs can't win if we end the game right now.
Do you want to risk none of them winning? I don't desperately...

It's a tricky situation, the biggest concern for me would be ending up seeing Falcone win by doing this.

Civs shouldn't lose this game (as a team) from here. If my inmate isn't dead, I'm ok with that.

But.. there probably isn't too much harm in taking out a couple of specific people if we felt they were inmates.

I would like to remind people that Catwoman is inmate 3 and Two Face is inmate 6, so there are no townies who need either of them dead to win.

We know the Joker is gone, we think Poison Ivy and the Penguin are gone. I personally think Ra's Al Ghul is gone.

That leaves us with Bane, the Riddler, Scarecrow, and Mr Freeze. Does anyone have evidence Freeze has been around recently?

Lynching some of the absentees might not be a terrible idea. Each of them could be inmate, but they could also be townies that we no longer need to lynch their inmate equivalent.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote:I will say, I think there is a decent chance that the Bubbles partner is amongst the DF voters:

DFaraday
Typhoony (7), Bullzeye (8), Enrique (10), LoRab (12), Golden (17) 26%

I look bad on pretty much every level here, but once again LoRab doesn't look great. The least I can do is check the attitudes of the rest of these three to bubbles as well.
DF was mafia. Bubbles was also mafia. I was a leading voice in lynches against both of them.

I'm not sure why you're trying to paint me as bad, but I'm not.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

LoRab wrote: I'm confused by the "you wouldn't want me around and having to be lynched at lylo." I honestly don't think that you were bubbles' partner. You were way too overt in your defense of her for that to be the case. But this post confuses me. So, if you're civ, then why would we need to get rid of you at lylo?
I just mean that confronted with the massive amount of defending I did of her, would people really not lynch me at lylo? And I know if they did, the town would lose. I don't want the town to lose, and don't want to be a distraction in that sense when it counts.

linki @LoRab - DF was mafia, but DF was on the other side.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:I'm down for lynching bad guys, but a lot of civs can't win if we end the game right now.

It's a tricky situation, the biggest concern for me would be ending up seeing Falcone win by doing this.

Civs shouldn't lose this game (as a team) from here. If my inmate isn't dead, I'm ok with that.

But.. there probably isn't too much harm in taking out a couple of specific people if we felt they were inmates.

I would like to remind people that Catwoman is inmate 3 and Two Face is inmate 6, so there are no townies who need either of them dead to win.

We know the Joker is gone, we think Poison Ivy and the Penguin are gone. I personally think Ra's Al Ghul is gone.

That leaves us with Bane, the Riddler, Scarecrow, and Mr Freeze. Does anyone have evidence Freeze has been around recently?

Lynching some of the absentees might not be a terrible idea. Each of them could be inmate, but they could also be townies that we no longer need to lynch their inmate equivalent.
:ponder:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

What are you thinking, dom?
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:

^
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote:
LoRab wrote: I'm confused by the "you wouldn't want me around and having to be lynched at lylo." I honestly don't think that you were bubbles' partner. You were way too overt in your defense of her for that to be the case. But this post confuses me. So, if you're civ, then why would we need to get rid of you at lylo?
I just mean that confronted with the massive amount of defending I did of her, would people really not lynch me at lylo? And I know if they did, the town would lose. I don't want the town to lose, and don't want to be a distraction in that sense when it counts.

linki @LoRab - DF was mafia, but DF was on the other side.
Yes, I get that. I'm just saying that I was vocal and active in getting players lynched from both teams and I'm not sure I get why that makes me suspicious. I mean, obviously, DF's team is dead. But I am not sure I understand how you are getting to the conclusion that I am on a team with bubbles. Did you read JC's ISO of me? I've been posting about Bubbles being bad this entire game.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote: Lynching some of the absentees might not be a terrible idea. Each of them could be inmate, but they could also be townies that we no longer need to lynch their inmate equivalent.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

@Golden: Who do you need dead to win because of Scarecrow?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, I get it lorab. It's because bubbles also had 5 votes that day and I think her teammate is likely to be amongst the df voters to try to save her.

I haven't looked at the links to the others on that vote yet, but I'm already familiar with yours. All your consisten questions to bubbles and focus on bubbles throughout the game could be genuine, but it could also be distancing, so in my opinion you could work as a teammate.

That doesn't mean I think it is you. It does mean I don't feel strongly about ruling you out as I do Dom and svs and mp and all the non-contributors.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:
Golden wrote: Lynching some of the absentees might not be a terrible idea. Each of them could be inmate, but they could also be townies that we no longer need to lynch their inmate equivalent.
Yes. I mean, call me cutthroat, but I don't care if equivocate or ekeknat lose the game even if they are cops.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Enrique wrote:
Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:

^
do u agree
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

LoRab wrote:@Golden: Who do you need dead to win because of Scarecrow?
Mac. I'm done. I'm pretty sure I win if Falcone dies. But I still want to help other active civs.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:
Yes. I mean, call me cutthroat, but I don't care if equivocate or ekeknat lose the game even if they are cops.
Neither do I.

Your post has other implications that shouldn't have to be spelled out.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:
Mac. I'm done. I'm pretty sure I win if Falcone dies. But I still want to help other active civs.
Which inmate are you?
Or are you Falcone?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

dom, if you can't see every word of that post isn't true, you only prove you, not me, are not cop.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:
Which inmate are you?
Or are you Falcone?
No Dom. As I've made clear many times, I am a cop. But by all means, lynch me tomorrow to prove it.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote:
Right. Sorry. Totally forgot. I'm overthinking way too many things.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Or maybe you could spell it out so I can point out what you're missing? People tend to read in to my posts things that are never there.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Golden that post looks super desperate... like you reallyyy wanna end the game just now.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote:Or maybe you could spell it out so I can point out what you're missing? People tend to read in to my posts things that are never there.
Was tat to me?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:Golden that post looks super desperate... like you reallyyy wanna end the game just now.
Then lynch me. But anyone who wants to critique the concept of making sure the civs actually win should be considered suspect in my eyes.

Linki @lorab. No, dom
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:dom, if you can't see every word of that post isn't true, you only prove you, not me, are not cop.
Our current goal is to eliminate Scarecrow because many of us cannot win without eliminating each other or eliminating him. It is easier and more mutually beneficial to eliminate him. Now, you are supposing we lynch two to three people who are 100% not Scarecrow. Okay, but what is the plan there? To allow him to target more people? To allow baddies to kill more people?

Why are you for the killing of more people than is probably necessary?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom it was you not me who pointed out a lot of civs can't win if we end the game right now. Either you care about other civs winning the game or you don't, but you can't be half way. I'm advocating only one thing... Making sure Falcone doesn't win. If people think they can identify and lynch scarecrow, all power to them.

But you can't have it both ways. You started this conversation by criticising me for wanting to lynch baddies when some civs can't win. You can't also criticise me for taking that seriously. Some cop needs each Indy dead.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden that sentence was suspect AF and you know it. You basically said you don't care if they're civs. If they are, we would be lynching a civ and losing another not-Falcone at night.

That is my point.

You are also misrepresenting why people cannot win right now. They can't win because of the Scarecrow. I don't think many cops know if their target has been killed yet.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OK, Dom, tell me which people do you know are civilians, who you know have been targetted by the Scarecrow, who you know what the target was they need dead, and you know that target is still alive?

Cos you know what? I personally don't know if anyone needs Scarecrow dead EXCEPT his equivalent cop.

Here is what you said:
Excuse me for not presuming that you exclusively meant the Scarecrow, and that any other civilian who wants their inmate dead should get fucked. I had taken the charitable meaning, and assumed you simply meant we should go indy hunting.

What followed was my analysis of where we are at as a town in terms of each cop's ability to win.

If you want to see that as shady as fuck, I can't stop you. If you want to lynch me, go ahead. I've already said I think it's good to get me out of the way. If you actually think I am inmate or bad, then get on with it and lynch me tomorrow.

I will continue to focus on Falcone. My apologies for indulging you and going on to a foray into how to maximise the number of townies who get to win.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, sorry, when I say I don't know if anyone needs him dead, I mean any townie.

Matt obviously does (or else MP), but I don't know if Matt is town-aligned or not.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:You are also misrepresenting why people cannot win right now. They can't win because of the Scarecrow. I don't think many cops know if their target has been killed yet.
I mean, what even is this. You know this is just blatantly not true. I am not misrepresenting that cops cannot win if their inmate isn't dead. It's a fact.

And I don't think many know if their target has been lynched either, but that doesn't change whether or not they will win.

I named a total of only four inmates we might need dead. Scarecrow, Bane, Riddler, Freeze. The others either no townie needs dead or we think they already are.

What about that is untrue or a misrepresentation? Like, literally find one thing in that entire post that was. And if its 'townies only need Scarecrow dead to win', well... I know who is misrepresenting and it isn't me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think its hilarious that, from the same post, Dom takes 'You want to do too many unnecessary lynches' and Enrique takes 'you want to end the game too quickly'.

For me, that basically says it all about how some people perceive me. Perhaps you could both read the post again and see it for what it really is: 'putting the neutral facts on the table without specifically advocating for either'.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Well, that was certainly a lot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I mean look, seriously - this is what the two of you had to say about the same post.
Enrique wrote:Golden that post looks super desperate... like you reallyyy wanna end the game just now.
Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:dom, if you can't see every word of that post isn't true, you only prove you, not me, are not cop.
Our current goal is to eliminate Scarecrow because many of us cannot win without eliminating each other or eliminating him. It is easier and more mutually beneficial to eliminate him. Now, you are supposing we lynch two to three people who are 100% not Scarecrow. Okay, but what is the plan there? To allow him to target more people? To allow baddies to kill more people?

Why are you for the killing of more people than is probably necessary?
So, really, what am I supposed to do with that?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'm sorry we interpreted it differently?

Golden, you must know I'm putting pressure on you intentionally, right?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:I'm sorry we interpreted it differently?

Golden, you must know I'm putting pressure on you intentionally, right?
Whatever for?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

If you are, you have miscalculated.

I don't feel any pressure from you, Dom. I didn't last time, either. In fact, I don't feel pressure very often in mafia at all.

But I certainly won't be feeling any pressure in a scenario where I have made myself to look so much like Bubbles teammate that even I can admit I think the town might be better off lynching me.

When I'm already prepared to be lynched tomorrow, what do you think your pressure can achieve?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

"Who is Falcone?"

Not Falcone

Bass_the_Clever
Dom
ekeknat
Equivocate
MovingPictures07
S~V~S

Probably not Falcone

juliets
Matt

Could be Falcone

Bullzeye
DharmaHelper
Enrique
Lorab
Typhoony
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

I could be Falcone? You're not serious.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

RIH Bubbles.

Golden, I don't know what basis your using to differentiate "def not Falcone" and "prolly not Falcone", but I'm in the def not Falcone category. I guess you don't know that for sure, but still. I'd like to remind everyone that we've been tinkering with lynching Bubbles a few times, and I think I helped get us over that hump today by pointing out her lurkiness last night w/o posting. In addition, again, Sabie and I both voted Arkham Asylum on Day 1 (after I had already voted Arkham on Day 0), and we also both voted City Hall, I believe, before Day 4. True, again, in a parallel universe where I am Falcone, we could've done that to throw everyone off, but no that's not how it went down.

Other people I'm crossing off my Falcone list...

1. MP. For obvi reasons. Still, if Falcone wants to kill MP, that'd be solid. No offense MP.

2. Golden. Twice in this game, in her whopping 13 posts, she agreed with exactly two people in the thread. Myself and Golden. I think she did this in an attempt to make us look bad later.

3. Lorab. This is gonna sound weird, but check it. After Sabie died, Bubbles was talking about her and said something like "he? she?" in regards to sabie's gender. I wonder if today, when Bubbles "didn't know" Lorab's gender, if that was an attempt to make it look like Bubbles and Lorab WERE teamies since Bubbles also "didn't know" sabie's gender earlier.

Yeah I know, weird, but that's how I feel lulz.

This game is a trip.
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote:I could be Falcone? You're not serious.
I think it is possible, before I've read back on your posts. But you'll probably be lynched for possibly being Scarecrow first anyway :p
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

@Hosts: If Thorne joins a Mafia team, and he's the last surviving member... what's up with that? Does the game end? Does he inherit the kill?
ImageImageImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

Purely from gut I think Lorab is Falcone. 2Nd choice would be Matt or Enrique.

Also I think Dh is more likely to be the Riddler than Scarecrow actually. Juliets is my #1 for Scarecrow atm.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Typhoony wrote:Purely from gut I think Lorab is Falcone. 2Nd choice would be Matt or Enrique.

Also I think Dh is more likely to be the Riddler than Scarecrow actually. Juliets is my #1 for Scarecrow atm.
My gut says LoRab is Falcone too. Sorry LoRab. It's not the only possibility, but I really think it might be what is going on here.

I also agree that Juliets is number one scarecrow, but it's a rough thing to have to deal with when she isn't here.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

I think a good question for tonight is if we want to try and find the last baddie tomorrow, or focus on inmates for a bit.
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote:"Who is Falcone?"

Not Falcone

Bass_the_Clever
Dom
ekeknat
Equivocate
MovingPictures07
S~V~S

Probably not Falcone

juliets
Matt

Could be Falcone

Bullzeye
DharmaHelper
Enrique
Lorab
Typhoony
I have my own thoughts on who falcone might be. I'd rather not share them at night.
Typhoony wrote:Purely from gut I think Lorab is Falcone. 2Nd choice would be Matt or Enrique.

And linkitis to Golden's post, too.

I am not Falcone. And I really don't see the logic. Read my posts. I would totally bus a teammate, but I wouldn't create a case on them and try to get them lynched repeatedly--especially at times when few others were thinking them bad. I see that as being an crappy way to play the game and treat a teammate and I play within ethics.

Do you think that I would make a case on someone ambiguous early on, before my team had recruited, knowing that my team would recruit?
Do you think that I wouldn't be around on the night that my team was choosing the number of which cop to recruit?
Do you really think my first post after recruiting someone would be calling them out?
Do you think I would consistently argue with players defending Bubbles to push an agenda of having her lynched?
Do you think that in Sabie's lynch, in which I was the last voter, long after the lynch was a done deal, I'd vote for someone else and not put my vote that didn't matter on my teammate so that it blended better?
Do you think that I would make more posts against a teammate than I've posted about anything else in a game?

There's bussing a teammate who has suspicion and there is actively creating and maintaining a case against a teammate--I wouldn't do the latter. If you think that I would play like that, then I feel horrible that I present myself in a way that you don't think I play an ethical game.

I realize that's all wifom, but I really don't understand the thinking that I'm the most likely person to be Falcone (or even a likely person to be Falcone), given those facts and how I play the game.

I mean, seriously, read my posts.

I am not falcone. I think we should find falcone. And I think that we should look at player that make more sense to be Falcone than I do.

Also, an actual case on why the 2 of you think that I am a likely Falcone suspect would be nice.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

You're a top suspect for Falcone for some people. Why would he kill you(assuming there even is a kill?)
Please share with us who you think it could be.

And my read is just gut Lorab. I haven't looked at isos or whatever. Your wifom is completely lost on me basically.
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Plus if you're GCDP you win if you're dead as well so who cares?
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Typhoony wrote:You're a top suspect for Falcone for some people. Why would he kill you(assuming there even is a kill?)
Please share with us who you think it could be.

And my read is just gut Lorab. I haven't looked at isos or whatever. Your wifom is completely lost on me basically.
I don't know how he is thinking through his kills (using the gender pronoun of the role, not assuming I think it's a male player), and not really getting how some of those kill choices were made, I'd rather not risk it. I'll post my suspicions in the mafia morning.

And if that's the case, then please read my posts and think about if you think that I'm Falcone (or bad at all for that matter).

linkitis: I care because I'd rather not waste a lynch. Also, I think lynching civs is bad for morale. Also, I prefer to be alive and play. Also, if I am dead, I cannot continue to help my team win and help have those I believe to be bad lynched. Also, I don't like dying. Also, as others have said, while it is possible to win while dead, in my mind, it's a technical win and doesn't have the same satisfaction as winning when alive.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

I personally think that's bullshit but I will respect your opinion
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Typhoony wrote:I personally think that's bullshit but I will respect your opinion
So be it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

I agree re Juliets; let me ask a question of the Scarecrowed~ do any of you need Typh or me dead to win?

And I was kind of thinking that that gender clarification thing was to set LoRab up more than anything, since she did the same with Sabie. I thought her vote for me was to set me up for a civ Glorfindel flip. And paranoid OMG I don't want to die LoRab is fairly standard, civ or bad.

And since we're talking philosophy, I think when you want/need to be alive as a civ, you play for yourself,not for the common good. But to each his own.

I am going to read each of Bubbles posts in context today, not in iso. I think context teaches more than reading in isolation. Thank God she does not have many.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote: I agree re Juliets; let me ask a question of the Scarecrowed~ do any of you need Typh or me dead to win?
Not one of the scarecrowed, but I can't help but ask: Are your and Typh's roles so obvious that anyone would know if they need you dead to win?

I tend to be not great at picking up what role hints are hinting at, but I have absolutely no sense of a role for either of you. And given that both of your names have popped up as suspects intermittently, I think a lot of folks don't have you down as particular roles.

Return to “Previous Jobs”