Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 10]

Post by S~V~S »

No, but neither of us believes Juliets would target us were she the scarecrow until she had no other options, and I believe she said so herself. So I was curious if anyone needed us dead to win. If so that might lower my conviction that she is that role.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Oh doh! I misrecalled the role, since someone said they needed Mac dead to win, I thought it names people not roles. I had forgotten that Mac outed himself.

I just reread it. NVM silly question :blush:
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I am hereby fairly confident that SVS is not scarecrow.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

SVS would you rather go after Falcone or after an inmate (scarecrow/ other)?
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LoRab wrote:I am hereby fairly confident that SVS is not scarecrow.
I played one game where everyone was sure I was bad becasue they had narrowed my role down (The Flash was the game I think) to one where I was a civ & targeted people on even days, or I was bad. I had mentioned I targeted someone on an odd day, and they got all suspish. But it turned out I misread my own role and thought I sent my power in every day, and the host forgot too, lol. So I would not be so sure of that based on this ha ha.

But I really am not that role.
Typhoony wrote:SVS would you rather go after Falcone or after an inmate (scarecrow/ other)?
Since Scarecrow did not target me and since I think it is someone AFK/with worries, I would rather go for the bad, BUT I can see how the Scarecrow victims must feel, too. The Scarecrow would probably be the greater good, but I personally would feel shitty :shrug: So I can go with the group that way.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, nice lynch. I vote we lynch all the inactives next, then if that doesn't net us Scarecrow, find Scarecrow, then find Falcone, end game, we win. :nicenod:
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Bubbles »

Mwahahahahahaha
/end obligatory evil laugh

thanks for the game hosts, i enjoyed it :) wish i had time to really contribute more, good luck mafia! boo civs! :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Purely from gut I think Lorab is Falcone. 2Nd choice would be Matt or Enrique.

Also I think Dh is more likely to be the Riddler than Scarecrow actually. Juliets is my #1 for Scarecrow atm.
I agree re Juliets; let me ask a question of the Scarecrowed~ do any of you need Typh or me dead to win?
I don't... think I do?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Keep reading, I was being a nub :derp:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Haha, yeah, depends on whether you are the role that Scarecrow told me I need dead. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You know what though, seriously, if I lose because Scarecrow made it to endgame after all mafia were killed and he/she targeted me with this role, then so be it, that person deserves to win over me. I don't deserve a win this game anyway; I've done nothing.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So if you all want to lynch Falcone suspects next, I'll follow that.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Unfortunately my trip has been delayed until tomorrow due to my husbands illness (it just never quits) so as long as I'm here I can post, though I will necessarily be in and out.

As I have said before I am not the scarecrow. I don't understand why we aren't looking at whether Typhoony would target me and SVS sooner or later (I think later) or SVS target me and Typhoony sooner or later (I think later). And I think we've forgotten all about the people who say they've been targeted but could be lying, subbing themselves in for a player who was targeted and died. I think I will took at that later if I have time. And I think people aren't thinking enough how I would have never picked Golden first (or even second) as a target. As I said before, I would have picked people I didn't know very well and not used it every night if I had been able. Those of you who know me know that sounds more like me than targeting Golden. I know some of this is WIFOM but it is what it is. I don't know who the scarecrow is or i would dig in on that person.

Here's what I don't want to have happen: I flip and immediately people say "she should have defended more but she had those irl circumstances". I guarantee you, and this would be a perfect thing to hold against me in future games if I'm lying, I am not the scarecrow and I'm not Falcone. I am a civ. You will be disappointed if you lynch me. SVS, I'm willing to do a sig bet with you that I'm not the scarecrow, or anything else that anyone can think of that I can do to show you who I'm not.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Why do you aim this at me, not Typh? We both have this feeling.

And Typh would target me, I think, if there was a need for it. I would as well; I would not kill him in Day 1 if I had a kill role, but otherwise, I would have no problems there.. Not sure either of us would target you, tbh, until we got everyone else. I can only speak for myself.

But I know you are in a rough place IRL, so I would prefer not to in any case, and you have some good self defense points. Who do you think might have targeted Golden night one, and these others as well?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I need to find the list of who got targeted in what order and then I will answer your question.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Take your time, Jules. No hurries :)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

When I think of who is the most likely person to have targeted Golden first i can't help but think about Enrique. I know the counter argument to this is Enrique sounds so genuine in his desire to get the scarecrow and he's the one who brought the scarecrow to the front of the conversation (iirc) that it's hard to believe it might be him. But who else would have targeted Golden first? And whoever the scarecrow is he/she is playing a masterful game and could easily sound genuine without being genuine. I think the people who were targeted after Golden hold a little less insight than that first pick. Having said that though, I'm going to go back and read all that led up to that night where Golden was targeted and see if there are any other hints i may have forgotten.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Theres nothing stopping the Scarecrow from picking an already dead role, or one he suspects to be dead (Such as Harvey Bullock) to people, is there?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

EBWOP: To *give* to people.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Good point. Are the people still scarecrowed certain their target is alive?
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

The odd thing about my Scarecrowism is that I wasn't targeted with it right after my lynch survival. It was a couple of periods thereafter. And it was directly in opposition to my win con (which is why I found it amusing). So I don't know what to make of that.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I mean, logically the Scarecrow wouldn't want to give people win conditions that were difficult to achieve, since prolonging the game means more chances for the scarecrow to get lynched and the antidote to be distributed. So, you know, Dr. Crane, wherever you are, If you give people win conditions that are "already" fulfilled, its a win win.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Isn't the whole point of the scarecrow to make people try and kill people they don't originally need dead to win? It's why my n1 target would've been Robin or Alfred
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Typhoony wrote:Good point. Are the people still scarecrowed certain their target is alive?
My target is Scarecrow. So yeah, probably.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Bullzeye wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Good point. Are the people still scarecrowed certain their target is alive?
Scarecrow targeted you to target him/her? I do not understand that at all. Not that I don't believe you, I do, I just can't figure out why they would do that.

I have to quit reading now and work on some other things. I'm still on day 0. From what I have read though it seems like Matt would have targeted zebra first if he was scarecrow and Dom maybe MP. I haven't read day 1 yet though and there may be more in there. Still no other suspect but Enrique who might have targeted Golden but I'm not giving up on that.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Lol. That's kinda funny:p

Linki: jules what are you basing those assumptions on? Like, what makes you think person x would target person y?
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

Yeah, MP.

Unless Falcone kills MP, and he has no reason to as far as I'm aware, then I just realized I'm probably going to lose no matter what.

Lame.
Image Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Typhoony wrote:Lol. That's kinda funny:p

Linki: jules what are you basing those assumptions on? Like, what makes you think person x would target person y?
I'm basing it on what I see in the thread. There was a long confrontational disagreement between enrique and golden and an intense disagreement between Matt and zebra and then a disagreement between Dom and MP. There are probably others who are still alive who have disagreements during that time and since I'm not yet at the end of the Day for Day 0 much less end of Day 1. I'm uncertain how far I'm going to be able to get today but I'll try my best. To me, this is an important question - who would pick Golden first.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

juliets wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Scarecrow targeted you to target him/her? I do not understand that at all. Not that I don't believe you, I do, I just can't figure out why they would do that.
I never gave it much thought but I suppose it is a bit weird...
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:
LoRab wrote:I am hereby fairly confident that SVS is not scarecrow.
I played one game where everyone was sure I was bad becasue they had narrowed my role down (The Flash was the game I think) to one where I was a civ & targeted people on even days, or I was bad. I had mentioned I targeted someone on an odd day, and they got all suspish. But it turned out I misread my own role and thought I sent my power in every day, and the host forgot too, lol. So I would not be so sure of that based on this ha ha.

But I really am not that role.
I'd think these hosts would remember to tell you that you sent in the wrong information, though. I'll give you all the benefit of the doubt on this. :p
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Would Golden target himself night 1?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, I finished skimming the Day 0/Day 1 posts and think that Dom might would have targeted Wilgy (this is a guess given the last things he said before the lynch closed) and i believe SVS would have targeted DH and as she said, I think he would have targeted her. Matt it seems pretty sure would have targeted zebra. I didn't see anyone else that is alive that I thought might have targeted Golden by virtue of disagreements in the thread.

On the other hand, people may have targeted someone they had no ties to at all which means my re-reading and bringing these things out is good for nothing. It was something I had to try though and I would try to do anything else anyone can think of to get us to the right answer.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

LoRab wrote:Would Golden target himself night 1?
As others have pointed out, I would simply just lie.

But I think there is enough of my behaviour in the thread to back up the fact it was not a lie.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

What I mean by that, LoRab, is that if I was the Scarecrow I could have targetted, say, Scotty night 1 and no-one could refute my claim that I was targetted.

Same of anyone who is claiming to be targetted, really. They could even be the Scarecrow and have taken a day off.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote:
LoRab wrote:Would Golden target himself night 1?
As others have pointed out, I would simply just lie.

But I think there is enough of my behaviour in the thread to back up the fact it was not a lie.
True. You mentioned it too many times in other contexts for it to really make sense as you lying. Just thinking through everyone.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Matt »

Been doing some ISO's...no such luck in learning anything btw, but I thought this was funny and wanted to share...this is ekeknat's second to last post in the game...
ekeknat wrote:i was here earlier this morning but at this point i've missed like ten pages - just wanted to confirm there's no, like, conspiracy role that's eating all the lurkers, or if there is, it hasn't eaten me.. i just don't really want to get in the middle of things, lol. sorry if that's frustrating. i am at the least keeping track of things
Bwahahahaha.
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

We should have that role in games, would be useful.

He wins if he gets everyone in the bottom 10 or 20%.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

"The Bottomfeeder"
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I 100% approve of roles or game mechanics that punish lurkers, and absolutely love "The Bottomfeeder". :D
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

The only problem is at what point do you decide who is in the bottom 10% or 20%. Maybe it is that if people don't post for a certain period of time, they are 'marked for death'.

Conversation should be moved to drawing board. I love the idea, but think it is probably a baddie-favouring mechanic unless it is a baddie role.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:The only problem is at what point do you decide who is in the bottom 10% or 20%. Maybe it is that if people don't post for a certain period of time, they are 'marked for death'.

Conversation should be moved to drawing board. I love the idea, but think it is probably a baddie-favouring mechanic unless it is a baddie role.
I agree.

But just wanted to say that my lurker punisher in Talking Heads was a baddie role... and ironically couldn't use its power for over half of the game due to the mafia all being in the bottom in an incredibly talkative game.
:P
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I really want to ISO DF voters for possible bubbles/sabie connections. But I have trouble seeing where I'll get the time from. I'm preaching this weekend. So it might not be viable.

I really think it is something we need to do, though.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So we have 48 hours of this to come?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:So we have 48 hours of this to come?
I'm hoping someone has more time than me to look for some connections. But possibly. It feels like this game is in many ways going through the motions of opinions already formed and has been for weeks.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I would do it Golden if I was going to be here tomorrow. And I'm not sure what the next day will bring (nor do I know I'll still be alive tomorrow). I hate to hear that you think so many minds have been made up because I'm not in that boat at all. Hopefully I will be able to do more iso's to help me with some decisions.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

so what's the general consensus of the thread?

Go after Scarecrow and then go after the final mafia to win the game?

I'd add that we should discuss mafia suspicions in the meantime, so that if there is anyone that can block, the person can be theoretically blocked.

Also, do we want to lynch the non-players before ending the game, on principle?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lorab, in principle I would like to see those non-players gone but if we put off scarecrow for them we let the scarecrow limit even more people that can win or cause more people to vote for people they don't really believe are bad. If we get the Scarecrow and then hold off on Falcone we allow more civs (or possibly inmates) die. I can't see how we can do it without causing one of those situations. I hate that though. Have you got an idea that would work?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

LoRab wrote:so what's the general consensus of the thread?

Go after Scarecrow and then go after the final mafia to win the game?

I'd add that we should discuss mafia suspicions in the meantime, so that if there is anyone that can block, the person can be theoretically blocked.

Also, do we want to lynch the non-players before ending the game, on principle?
Who do you think the final mafia is?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

juliets wrote:Lorab, in principle I would like to see those non-players gone but if we put off scarecrow for them we let the scarecrow limit even more people that can win or cause more people to vote for people they don't really believe are bad. If we get the Scarecrow and then hold off on Falcone we allow more civs (or possibly inmates) die. I can't see how we can do it without causing one of those situations. I hate that though. Have you got an idea that would work?
I think Scarecrow should be the next to go.

In my own opinion, I'd just assume get Falcone and end the time after that.

I don't want non-players to win, particularly--or for civs to lose because their inmate isn't dead if one of the non-posters is an inmate. but I'm not sure I want to allow mafia to kill more people in order for that to happen.

linkitis: I'd rather wait until day to say my thoughts on that.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If the mafia had any balls they'd kill inactives.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”