Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Re: Arkham Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by DharmaHelper »

I beat the Batman!

I was so mad when he got NKed.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:I was so nervous I was gonna get crowed before endgame. I almost intentionally got myself lynched since I could win dead or alive.
I know, I thought about the same thing but I thought Mr. Freeze was still alive and would turn into a serial killer if I died.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I was so nervous I was gonna get crowed before endgame. I almost intentionally got myself lynched since I could win dead or alive.
I know, I thought about the same thing but I thought Mr. Freeze was still alive and would turn into a serial killer if I died.
I tried to send you a riddle twice and got blocked both times. :(

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

I wanted to blow the game open. I needed a Falcone win to make sure Montoya was dead, so I was gonna stall the game as much as possible. Tonight (or tomorrow, depending on the lynch's result) I was gonna "slip up" and post a fake BTSC message implying I was Thorne, getting some of my biggest suspects out of the way ("we should get Bullzeye lynched" etc, also saying I'd kill MP and hoping the mafia would follow :p). Then the following day I was either going to be lynched, or maybe try to sway the thread to get Dom/Lorab for good before the Mafia. Once I was lynched, I had an extra life I won solving the mystery so y'all would have had to spend two days on me. That would've opened the Lazarus Pit, hopefully bringing more baddies back that you'd have to spend your lynches on. I wanted to do this so badly smh. :disappoint:

SVS why didn't you want to be my friend? :puppy:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Epignosis »

Bruce Wayne
During the Day, Bruce Wayne conducts business. At Night, he is Batman. *Secrets*
Utilities:

Batarang: Redirects a Night action.
Gas Pellets: Incapacitates someone, making one unable to act that Night.
Smoke Pellets: Provides Batman cover to escape his own death that Night.
Batmobile: Visit two locations in one Night.
Communication Node: Spy on a person, hearing his or her PM sent to the host.
Grappling Gun: Batman may swoop down upon someone about to be killed and rescue him or her from danger.

Use all utilities before using one again.

The Joker
Anyone who targets The Joker will be made insane by the toxic flower on his lapel. He needs Batman, Gordon, Falcone, and Maroni dead. *Secrets*
Wait, wait, wait...that’s not right. Not right at all. That should say, “Anyone who targets The Joker’s target that same Night will be made insane by the toxic flower on The Joker’s target’s lapel.” Whoopsie-daisy! What a mistake to make! Well...too late to fix it now. Ha!

The Riddler
Edward Nygma has questions that need answering. *Secrets*
Each Night, The Riddler submits a riddle to the person of his choice through the hosts, putting the answer in spoiler tags. The victim gets to answer once each subsequent Night phase, with progressive punishments for each failure:
First Night: Curse of your choice, and lead the victim to believe he could be killed for failing to solve the riddle.
Second Night: Role block, with more emphasis on potential death.
Third Night: Something goes wrong with whatever device you have threatened them with, and they are safe. Whew. At that point, you would have driven the person to worship your superior intellect, and if he votes against you or uses a power against you, it won't count.
Over half of the living population must be stumped for The Riddler to win.

Poison Ivy
Dr. Pamela Isley, ecologist and terrorist, can poison anyone each Night. A poisoned person will die unless he or she discovers the antidote. *Secrets*
That “poison” is actually quite harmless. But your victims don’t know that. In addition to afflicting someone with this innocuous condition, you will be able to craft “hints” about how the antidote might be discovered and these will be sent to your victim. When you are satisfied, you can give the “antidote” to your victim and ease their psychological burden. Paranoid, you need anyone who votes against you even once dead to win.

Bane
Bane has a convoluted history with Batman. On Nightfall of the third phase, Bane must decide if he wants to support or oppose Batman. This choice will affect his win condition, which will be a secret until then even unto him. *Secrets*
If Bane chooses to support Batman, then he needs four other Arkham Asylum inmates lynched (Bane excluded).
If Bane chooses to oppose Batman, then he needs Batman dead, and at least three Arkham Asylum inmates alive (Bane included).
In either scenario, Bane has the following abilities:
Bane’s intellect enables him to know not only whom Batman targeted, but what Batman did each Night.
Bane’s strength and durability mean that he will survive the first attempt on his life, whether by lynch or Night kill.

Ra’s al Ghul
Longevity and rejuvenation are his, the controller of the Lazarus Pit. If, Ra’s al Ghul (The Head of the Demon) is lynched, then anyone who has been slain at Night can be dipped in the Lazarus Pit, receiving full vitality. Ra’s al Ghul is also of the League of Shadows, which is testing him: Ra’s al Ghul will select four roles by the end of Day 0 that must be eliminated by the end.
This would trigger a resurrection poll instead of a location poll.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:
I have to say this:

juliets silenced two people in a row who got killed, and though she was killing people! It was awesome. That's why she didn't silence anyone for a while.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I didn't use my powers every night because I didn't want someone accused or accusing silenced. I tended to go for people who weren't in the midst of things except when I silenced DH and he turned into a person accused. It's why I went to bat for him saying I thought he was silenced.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I wonder if Epi is gonna post my riddles or should I?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:I didn't use my powers every night because I didn't want someone accused or accusing silenced. I tended to go for people who weren't in the midst of things except when I silenced DH and he turned into a person accused. It's why I went to bat for him saying I thought he was silenced.
<3

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:
I wanted to blow the game open. I needed a Falcone win to make sure Montoya was dead, so I was gonna stall the game as much as possible. Tonight (or tomorrow, depending on the lynch's result) I was gonna "slip up" and post a fake BTSC message implying I was Thorne, getting some of my biggest suspects out of the way ("we should get Bullzeye lynched" etc, also saying I'd kill MP and hoping the mafia would follow :p). Then the following day I was either going to be lynched, or maybe try to sway the thread to get Dom/Lorab for good before the Mafia. Once I was lynched, I had an extra life I won solving the mystery so y'all would have had to spend two days on me. That would've opened the Lazarus Pit, hopefully bringing more baddies back that you'd have to spend your lynches on. I wanted to do this so badly smh. :disappoint:

SVS why didn't you want to be my friend? :puppy:
Enrique solved the audio logic puzzle first, and won a protection.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote:
juliets wrote:
I have to say this:

juliets silenced two people in a row who got killed, and though she was killing people! It was awesome. That's why she didn't silence anyone for a while.
That totally freaked me out. I thought someone had cursed me to kill people with my silencing power.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:I wonder if Epi is gonna post my riddles or should I?
Go for it. I am swamped.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

juliets wrote:
You should've done it :puppy:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I wonder if Epi is gonna post my riddles or should I?
Go for it. I am swamped.
Let me go dig them up and I'll post them in a second.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Here's my first riddle, and probably my best tbqh.

Send this to Matt:

Here's a riddle for you! No cheating now, or you'll end up a corpse. I'll be keeping tabs on you, so solve it quickly. Remember, you're in my house now so we're playing by my rules.

I've got wings like a bat, but don't wait.
I've got the walk of a cat, but no gait.

What am I?
Answer:
The answer to the riddle is "A stage" The wings of a stage are where actors and tech crew "wait". Most stages also have a cat walk (walk of a cat). It's also important that you send the WHOLE message, because there are several hints in the first half of the message (cheating, corpse, tabs, house, and playing are all technical terms associated with theatre)

[/quote]

For Matt's curse since he failed to solve this riddle, I made him quote Shakespeare plays. Which was intended to be a hint as to the answer of the riddle.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Just a little before he died, sig started heavily hinting at Mr. Freeze so that I would not lynch him, which is hilarious because it only made me want him dead much more :p Although ideally we would've triggered Cuckoo Freeze first.

My four choices at the start of the game were:
Tony Zucco
The Joker
Mr. Freeze
Renee Montoya

So the first two days were amazing for me. Honestly I thought Dom was Montoya and that's why I voted for him. What a mess. :sigh:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:
I tried to send you a riddle twice and got blocked both times. :(
I wondered why I didn't get anything.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Here is another one of my riddles (I ended up sending out I think 4-5 unique riddles, this one and the previous one got repeated.)

DharmaHelper wrote:
Presented in the form of a letter to the person receiving the riddle:
Nov. 6, 1429

To Whom It May Concern:

Hello, I hope you are well. Are you in a safe place? A place that you can think? Because you'll need to think hard. My riddles are very tricky sometimes. Only the smartest can solve them.

Do you think you are smart? Smart enough to get my attention. That should tell you something, anyway. I really should be going now. Good luck with solving this riddle! If you need help, just ask!

Signed,

The Riddler
Answer:
The answer to this riddle is the phrase "You solved the riddle now go kill Batman. The correct answer is Cobblepot". This answer can be obtained by running the color codes through a hexidecimal translator. Almost every aspect of the letter is designed as a hint around the number six. November the "sixth" 1492 was the coronation date of Henry the "sixth". "To whom it may concern" is a six syllable greeting. Every sentence has 6 words in it. Every paragraph has six sentences. Every sixth character starting with the ":" after the greeting is a coded color. "Signed" is a six letter word.

Curse:
If Juliets fails to answer the riddle correctly, I'd like the curse to be that she MUST make no more or less than six on topic posts containing no more or less than six sentences each. The first letter of every sentence must spell out "E-N-Y-G-M-A."

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:Send this to Turnip Head please:

Blanket Which Night Gilt
You find yourself in a small room with several papers scattered about. In front of you, a computer screen displays the tell tale symbol of the Riddler. After a few moments of awkward silence, a familiar voice blares from a pair of unseen speakers.

"To solve this riddle you'll have to dot your I's and dash your t's. When you're ready, enter the pass code into the computer in front of you. Make sure you have the right answer..."

Answer:
The correct answer to this riddle is "ARKHAM". The blinking light on the monitor is spelling ARKHAM out in morse code.
TH's punishment for this curse was one I liked so much I adopted it for the rest of the game. Since "Blanket Which Night Gilt" is an anagram of "Watch the blinking light" (another clue to help solve the riddle), I made him (and future riddled people) post in anagrams of various "Edward Nygma is smarter than I am" anagrams.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Here's one I sent to Typhoony
DharmaHelper wrote:Send this riddle to Typhoony Please.

Hello there my friend! Or should I say, the enemy of my enemy. Solve this riddle post haste to prove you're worth my time. That's all, for now!

141|721 142|233
143|111 43|7313
42|718 141|1017
141|318 42|3211
Answer: "The Batman Isn't himself, stop him for Gotham"

The code can be broken by treating the first number before the | as the alphabetic equivalent "D" or "N", the remaining numbers denote Line, Sentence, and Word respectively of each Day/Night post thus far. The preface to the riddle spells out the word "HOST, pointing to the host posts. Added degree of difficulty, the words are arranged in columns rather than rows.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh my God. That would have been worse than having to make knock knock jokes. I don't even know what a hexagiggity thingy is!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:Oh my God. That would have been worse than having to make knock knock jokes. I don't even know what a hexagiggity thingy is!
The second time I sent you the riddle I sent Matt. I only sent it to you because I needed to make sure the people with my riddles stayed alive, and I was determined not to let you get lynched

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Here's the one that Mac solved.
Here's a riddle geared towards someone of your talents. Careful, if you don't solve it in time you may find yourself face to face with me.

Hands guided by a crown of three
My movements complication free
What am I?
Answer:
The answer to this riddle is a wristwatch. The doohickey that sets the hands on a wristwatch is called a "crown" and its usually located next to the '3'. Complications are another word for the gears and inner workings of a wristwatch. A movement is a timepiece without "complications".
If Typhoony's guess is incorrect, the first letter of the first word in each sentence of his posts for the next day must spell "E-N-Y-G-M-A" and once he's spelled that out, he cannot add anything to his post.

For example:

Everything is awesoome. Now, what time is it? You'd think I'd know the answer to this riddle, wouldn't you? Not the case, I assure you! Anyway, off I go.[/quote]

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Pleased to have won this game in particular.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

All riddles are my original design by the way. I even spent 2 hours on the GIF

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I want to play a game like this again. What do you have for us next, Epi?
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:Oh my God. That would have been worse than having to make knock knock jokes. I don't even know what a hexagiggity thingy is!
The second time I sent you the riddle I sent Matt. I only sent it to you because I needed to make sure the people with my riddles stayed alive, and I was determined not to let you get lynched
Awwww thats so nice. <3

Actually, now is a good time for thanking everyone for being so supportive during my ordeal. Things are stable here which is about as good as we could have hoped. Still need some answers to some important questions though so it looks like the hospital stay will continue. The end of this game really helped me get my mind off things that weren't pleasant.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DrWilgy »

So... Sabie, why did you strike a poor innocent doctor down? All I did was look cute :P
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:All riddles are my original design by the way. I even spent 2 hours on the GIF
I'm totally impressed.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

My condolences to Dom and everyone else on the team of ghosts.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

Not that anyone probably cares to hear from me at this point but thank you all (and particularly our hosts) for allowing me to play. It appears that I was correct about Zebs all along and my faith in my friend Golden wasn't misplaced. Congratulations to the winners and I hope you all have many more enjoyable games like this one for a long, long time to come :hug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

Damnit, I needed Enrique dead lol ironic. Well done town. Not surprised Dom is Falcone, ultimately.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

This game was great! Tons of thanks to the hosts!!!

And apologies to all for not being so around for the bulk of the game. Scheduling. But my number of posts was not at all connected to my enjoyment of the game.

And juliets, thinking of you and know you have people who care deeply, and hope and pray for you and your family to have peace and wholeness, whatever that looks like.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Glorfindel wrote:Not that anyone probably cares to hear from me at this point but thank you all (and particularly our hosts) for allowing me to play. It appears that I was correct about Zebs all along and my faith in my friend Golden wasn't misplaced. Congratulations to the winners and I hope you all have many more enjoyable games like this one for a long, long time to come :hug:
I wish you wouldn't beat yourself up.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I also want to thank the hosts - that was a fantastic game. I had a ton of fun and never once felt bad about my play. You guys did a great design. Also congrats Enrique for winning the audio prize.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

well poo.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I agree with DH, Glorf! I think everyone really likes you and does want to hear from you!!

So, if I'd actually been around at deadline, and sorry but I just couldn't be, I was going to be fighting against the lynch of Dom hard because I actually thought that Bullz knew he was Falcone, and was trying to end the game to secure his win condition. Turns out Bullz didn't, lol, but thats what I actually thought might be going on with that.

Also, gutted that the game ended with me on 995 posts... although this thread is bound to still be the first thread in which I hit 1000. I had something special planned for it, if the game was still running.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Seriously is there a prison guard union in Blackgate that I need to know about?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Thanks Epi. Epic game. I'm bummed I lost (it was always going to be down from 2015, I was sure), but so many people won who deserved to.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:I want to play a game like this again. What do you have for us next, Epi?
MetalMarsh89 and I have Spirited Away in sign ups. He's mainly hosting, but I helped design it.

If you want something twisted, how about Mortal Kombat by nijuukyugou and me? It will be in after a while, but it's going to be a nasty little spider.

And I know you like more faction-oriented stuff (heh, Orient): So there will be Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And, how sad it is to lose one game and die in another all at the same time! :( Thems the breaks.

Oh that's 1000. :beer:

linki - I can't wait for Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Was the answer to the puzzle:

Ace Chemicals, 42k, 8 murders, Harley Quinn
Tobacco Club, 21k, 10 murders, Croc
Monarch Theatre 65k, 9 Murders, Calendar Man
Iceberg Lounge 31k 11 murders, Strange

?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Logic Puzzle:

8 Murders
Hugo Strange
Ace Chemical Processing Plant
$42,000

9 Murders
Calendar Man
Iceberg Lounge
$21,000

10 Murders
Killer Croc
The Tobacconist’s Club
$65,000

11 Murders
Harley Quinn
The Monarch Theater
$31,000
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:Logic Puzzle:

8 Murders
Hugo Strange
Ace Chemical Processing Plant
$42,000

9 Murders
Calendar Man
Iceberg Lounge
$21,000

10 Murders
Killer Croc
The Tobacconist’s Club
$65,000

11 Murders
Harley Quinn
The Monarch Theater
$31,000
Pffff what a load.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I love The Joker's role. Too bad we got little run from it.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:I love The Joker's role. Too bad we got little run from it.
It is very funny.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:I love The Joker's role. Too bad we got little run from it.
That was very clever indeed :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Let it be known... Dom will bus hard for cred!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Told you I wasn't Nero's teammate.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote:Told you I wasn't Nero's teammate.
I never thought you were.

I always thought you were an inmate though.

Return to “Previous Jobs”