Total votes: 20
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Re: [DAY 6] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Silverwolf »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:I realize this site has a mod on duty function, but if we don't get in these heated battles, it's not nearly as easy to read a person. I agree with no personal attacks or insults but there is no reason we can't have these types of discussions because it does make it easier to not only get a read but for others reading it to get one as well.
This is mostly the point i was makign when SF made his announcement. This is mafia so heat will be brought and should be taken, i tend to use this kind of dicussions myself to get reads. I dont get personal unless someone else starts it, i see on this site i wont be happened so i wont. if it ever got to that poitn for me i would leave the game for a bit. silver has taught me to do that when i get upset
Counting to 5 and leaving the game thread when you get upset is definitely an excellent habit to develop.
For me it's 100 :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Silverwolf wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:I realize this site has a mod on duty function, but if we don't get in these heated battles, it's not nearly as easy to read a person. I agree with no personal attacks or insults but there is no reason we can't have these types of discussions because it does make it easier to not only get a read but for others reading it to get one as well.
This is mostly the point i was makign when SF made his announcement. This is mafia so heat will be brought and should be taken, i tend to use this kind of dicussions myself to get reads. I dont get personal unless someone else starts it, i see on this site i wont be happened so i wont. if it ever got to that poitn for me i would leave the game for a bit. silver has taught me to do that when i get upset
Counting to 5 and leaving the game thread when you get upset is definitely an excellent habit to develop.
Lol, same here. XD
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
ika wrote:
for me its 17 :P
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Silverwolf wrote:If they are buddies, he has everything to gain from it.
That's why I addressed the question to someone who denies having buddies.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

ika wrote:
Epignosis wrote:My controller ran out of batteries during sudden death. I blame Simon. :evileye:
ika wrote:
Epignosis wrote:This proves to me that Silverwolf has no credibility in reading you. She abandoned you for Draconus and now me. If you are bad, she can't read you.

Q.E.D. :llama:
It doesnt prove shit. I mena i already poitned out that your town read on me is based on bad reasons. SIlver knwos me better. she would knwo that i would not hesitate ot bus either. She has full credibilty to ready me. your continued discredit is very compelling and showing the true side of you
I don't have a "town read" on you though. :confused:

so your scum reading me? then you should have no problem voting me
ika wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:This proves to me that Silverwolf has no credibility in reading you. She abandoned you for Draconus and now me. If you are bad, she can't read you.

Yeah,this.

And Jackie Chan meme is best meme :D
not this at all. want to knwo a pro tip about my meta? im a heavy busser and silver knwos that i will vote with her even if its a scum buddy so if she thinks its scum and i were to eb scum, its a moot point to try to devine that.
ika, if everyone knows what you do when you are bad, then shouldn't you...you know...vary it up?

not really, i change some here and there form time to time but most times i enjoy people knowing my metas so i can challange it

Silverwolf wrote:You want to know what I see in Epi's post. Wanting to discredit my ability to read ika and also try to turn things around on me in a way to discredit all my reads in this game. He's not voting me. He's not calling me scum. He's just trying to discredit everything I do and try to keep the focus on me and off of my reads.

It's scum 101.
I don't see why I have to think you're bad to think you're wrong.

its the discredintg on it is the thing, there is 0 town motivation ebhind it. you can easly jsut say "i think hes town so i disagree"
ika wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
ika wrote:

It doesnt prove shit. I mena i already poitned out that your town read on me is based on bad reasons. SIlver knwos me better. she would knwo that i would not hesitate ot bus either. She has full credibilty to ready me. your continued discredit is very compelling and showing the true side of you
What does Epignosis stand to gain, as a bad guy, by discrediting Silverwolf on her baddie read of you? He is protecting you from her.
PIssing me and silver off. When he is using persoanl relationship reasons to discredt it (as silver jsut pointed out with his post) i will have a problem regardless of my alginemt
No. The moment someone comes in and says she can read someone well because of their relationship is the moment she invites scrutiny on that claim. Well, she's being scrutinized. If you don't want your relationship called into question, don't make it part of the game.

I still don't get your beef with it. Jesus. I never said you guys didn't love each other. :huh:

my beef is that the reason we can read is more then jsut the relationsship, its our histroy, out metas, our very playstelys and how we interact. when you narrow it to the relatipnship itself we get pissed. you could of mention the interactions, the plays we have made, hell most of what we have actualy said it more meta based then relationship based so.....
Silverwolf wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Yeah,this.

And Jackie Chan meme is best meme :D
No, not this.

I have read ika 100% correctly in every game we've played. He draws town far more often on ms.
And this tells me you're prone to recency bias as well.

Is ika bad or not?

Why or why not?
ill let silver answer
Going to use "sarcastic orange" for once in my life:

I don't think Turnip Head is good. I don't think Turnip Head is bad. So I should vote for him. Nah.

"I think he's town so I disagree."

But I don't (necessarily) think you're "town." I questioned SilverWolf's ability to read you. That's precisely what I called into question. "I think he's town so I disagree" wouldn't have accomplished my purposes. Whether she likes it or not, Silverwolf can't read you as well as she says she can. That's important for the civilians to know, and I'm sorry I didn't go about that business sooner.

Finally, "Meta" is bullshit. Anyone can fake it with some effort.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

Silverwolf wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
ika wrote:

What does Epignosis stand to gain, as a bad guy, by discrediting Silverwolf on her baddie read of you? He is protecting you from her.
If they are buddies, he has everything to gain from it.
You are saying you think ika & Epignosis are teammates? Along with Draconus?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
for me its 17 :P
Is that your favorite number or something?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

let's run away together
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:
Going to use "sarcastic orange" for once in my life:

I don't think Turnip Head is good. I don't think Turnip Head is bad. So I should vote for him. Nah.

"I think he's town so I disagree."

But I don't (necessarily) think you're "town." I questioned SilverWolf's ability to read you. That's precisely what I called into question. "I think he's town so I disagree" wouldn't have accomplished my purposes. Whether she likes it or not, Silverwolf can't read you as well as she says she can. That's important for the civilians to know, and I'm sorry I didn't go about that business sooner.

She can, you haev no evidence or experice to disprove your claim, you have not played with me, you dont know my playstyle, you knwo nothing about of me so i dont belive your town/scum read whateevr on me is genuine and that you knwo it form a scum perspective
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Epignosis wrote: But I don't (necessarily) think you're "town." I questioned SilverWolf's ability to read you. That's precisely what I called into question. "I think he's town so I disagree" wouldn't have accomplished my purposes. Whether she likes it or not, Silverwolf can't read you as well as she says she can. That's important for the civilians to know, and I'm sorry I didn't go about that business sooner.

Not really. I have 100% accuracy in reading ika. Even in games I'm not in with him, I can tell. This is the first game, I'm actually having difficulty with it. Usually he's easier than this to read.

Our scum hydra game was the same as most read us as town due to the effort he put in and we won that one. We also bussed the shit out of our useless lurkfest buddy so I KNOW ika will bus. I KNOW how he plays. We've had talks about this and I've seen it numerous times.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Silverwolf wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:That's fine. The fact that people are agreeing with it is supremely frustrating to me. I know ika and have experience with him and it's really, really annoying when people who don't know either of us say I don't.
Nobody is saying you don't know him or have playing experience with him. They're saying that your read is not infallible and on its own power is not enough motive to lynch him.

ika himself seems to be arguing against that which should confirm that he is a baddie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:
let's run away together
Who said this? We don't have a link back, so if you snip quotes, we can't look back. Not important, just curious.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

And finally meta is not shit, i have gotten more reads right on meta alone then some shit like "logic"

everyone has a meta, everyone has a trait that they follow, meta may not be absoulte but it is a baseline i use and i haev actualy gotten sucm lynched off it before so i disagree entrely. meta is not shit at all, it can be the most powerful or detrmental tool.

people who shit on it dont knwo how to use it is my 2 cents
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Prisoner 509378 wrote:ika, would you rather get lynched to prove SW right than survive?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:That's fine. The fact that people are agreeing with it is supremely frustrating to me. I know ika and have experience with him and it's really, really annoying when people who don't know either of us say I don't.
Nobody is saying you don't know him or have playing experience with him. They're saying that your read is not infallible and on its own power is not enough motive to lynch him.

ika himself seems to be arguing against that which should confirm that he is a baddie.
not exactly, im telling him off cus its how we are. me and silver liek to draw our own conclusions on our own. we dont like being baby held on reading each other.

im saying if she scum reads me let her push it and reach it herself
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

That's fine. No one's read on anyone is infallible. I don't like the implication I can't read him when I can. It's a discredit job that scum would have to do in order to defend ika or discredit me if I'm right on my reads. It also puts the focus on me which is a good strategy for scum. I've done all this before as scum. It's how the game is played.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:ika, would you rather get lynched to prove SW right than survive?
if silver said "im 100% sure ika is scum lynch him" i would say yes. if she has any doubt i say no and let her continue her poing and prodding on me
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I love that I am being told by both of you how the game is played. I'm just Prisoner 509378, what do I know?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Silverwolf wrote:
That's fine. No one's read on anyone is infallible. I don't like the implication I can't read him when I can. It's a discredit job that scum would have to do in order to defend ika or discredit me if I'm right on my reads. It also puts the focus on me which is a good strategy for scum. I've done all this before as scum. It's how the game is played.
It could also be that we are trying to understand you and your game play.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

ika wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
if silver said "im 100% sure ika is scum lynch him" i would say yes. if she has any doubt i say no and let her continue her poing and prodding on me
Is her read on you right now wrong? Is Silverwolf wrong? Yes or no.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I love that I am being told by both of you how the game is played. I'm just Prisoner 509378, what do I know?
The game has changed since you were in the slammer. Things'er different now!
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And asking questions and questioning assumptions is the best way to do that.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I love that I am being told by both of you how the game is played. I'm just Prisoner 509378, what do I know?
You know what the prison life is like, you could tell me about that.

More on topic, mafia is an ever evolving game that has no real clear defined "right" or "wrong" i think there is optimal plays on stuff but i never try to ever insinuate that there is a "right" way to play. if you have somethign in spcific i said feel free to tell me and i cna clarify
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Is Silver right about you or not, ika? And the Prisoners question, plz.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*Answer,not and
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 140

Post by thellama73 »

Whew, busy weekend. Okay, what are we doing? Lynching Quin?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

thellama73 wrote:Whew, busy weekend. Okay, what are we doing? Lynching Quin?
lol hi llama. You got beef with Q?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

We're waiting for ika to tell us if Silver is right about him or not.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Yes. I asked Quin if he was bad, and he didn't say no.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, we have a similar thing happening live :D
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Soneji wrote:A lot of posts devoted to talking about a mechanic that only matters to endgame numbers for the mafia(with a chance to cancel out naturally), that only could slightly assist the cops in finding the Dons, who to our knowledge have no means of harming them. The question now is to look towards Wilgy who started it or DDL who went full on with it, claimed it made Wilgy likely town and took way too long to acknowledge it as a distraction to actual scumhunting.

Dragon D Luffy
I decided to re-ISO Soneji cuz I couldn't figure out why I thought he was scummy and this is the only thing I could find. All game Soneji has been voting ika or Draconus. Suddenly, jumps on Dragon here with a reasoning that applies to a lot of people-I mean, a lot of people were discussing the traitor mechanic early game. Why jump on Dragon for it? Is it because so many other were and it's easy to sheep and get a mislynch off?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

S~V~S wrote:We're waiting for ika to tell us if Silver is right about him or not.
I don't think he's capable of it.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

This is why I GTH Llama as bad he does things like he just did and has yet to get called out on it. It seems like a good scum strategy. Thoughts for those more familiar with his meta?
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ika?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
\_(:T)_/

Scotty's probably the only person voting me not relying on an ever-trustworthy mechanic, so I'll get to have a laff soon enough

But seeing ika flip bad would look good for me should you change your mind, so I'll vote ika
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

sig wrote:This is why I GTH Llama as bad he does things like he just did and has yet to get called out on it. It seems like a good scum strategy. Thoughts for those more familiar with his meta?
This is 100% normal for Llama.He's a lot more tentative when he's bad imo. When he starts acting shifty, then you have a problem.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Here's the relevant series of quotes, Prisoner. Make up your own mind.
thellama73 wrote:Quin, are you bad? I can't tell.
thellama73 wrote:
Quin wrote::shrug: Are there really any good guys in this setup?
So that's a yes. Thanks.

Everybody lynch Quin.
thellama73 wrote:In all seriousness, I see this all the time, and I regard it as a legitimate baddie catching technique. I ask someone if they are bad, and instead of saying "no" they make a joke out of it.

Why? I think there are still an awful lot of people who are subconsciously uncomfortable lying in the face of a very direct question, so they dodge instead. They don't mean to, but it is their instinct. I trust my methods, and it's why I'm voting Quin today.

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silver can read me accurately. She is struggling with her read on em as well. if she were to be certain of it then i would answer.

As long as silver has some reservations about me, the question at hand cant be answered

HOLY PEDIT PPL LET ME TYPE
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

Scotty's probably the only person voting me not relying on an ever-trustworthy mechanic, so I'll get to have a laff soon enough

But seeing ika flip bad would look good for me should you change your mind, so I'll vote ika
I am voting for you based on your posts and your voting history :)

Linki @ ika, or you refuse to answer definitively?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Should we call Silvers bluff and lynch ika?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:
Quin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

Yeah...but no. :)
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Quin wrote: \_(:T)_/

wow.......

im very tempted to vote back based on this now

pedit: i cant answer defenitvly if there is nothign put in stone. silver siad 70% last i hear and then she herself admitted to have troube reading and has reservatiosn on it. SO she has no conclusoin made yet. when she reaches it i will answer but i dont rush her thinking
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

S~V~S wrote:Should we call Silvers bluff and lynch ika?
Go for it and lose another town
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

ika wrote:Silver can read me accurately. She is struggling with her read on em as well. if she were to be certain of it then i would answer.

As long as silver has some reservations about me, the question at hand cant be answered

She says you are currently a scum read for her. Not an absolute 100% certainty, but a scum read. Is she incorrect to call you a scum read? Quit dodging the question and answer it, or you're going to effing die.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Re-ISOing Serge and I don't see much there either way. I think my only reservation is he's UTR and I'm suspecting scum is playing that way this game. It's also a gut read so yeah, I'll just keep an eye on it now.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

thellama73 wrote:Here's the relevant series of quotes, Prisoner. Make up your own mind.
thellama73 wrote:Quin, are you bad? I can't tell.
thellama73 wrote:
Quin wrote::shrug: Are there really any good guys in this setup?
So that's a yes. Thanks.

Everybody lynch Quin.
thellama73 wrote:In all seriousness, I see this all the time, and I regard it as a legitimate baddie catching technique. I ask someone if they are bad, and instead of saying "no" they make a joke out of it.

Why? I think there are still an awful lot of people who are subconsciously uncomfortable lying in the face of a very direct question, so they dodge instead. They don't mean to, but it is their instinct. I trust my methods, and it's why I'm voting Quin today.
I think Quin is suspicious for other stuff. Close enough.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Quin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

Yeah...but no. :)
Yeah but...yeah :)

And linki, seriously, ika, let's move past this. She thinks you're bad. Should we trust her?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
ika wrote:Silver can read me accurately. She is struggling with her read on em as well. if she were to be certain of it then i would answer.

She says you are currently a scum read for her. Not an absolute 100% certainty, but a scum read. Is she incorrect to call you a scum read? Quit dodging the question and answer it, or you're going to effing die.
Until she reaches a 100% conclusion i refuse to comment

pedit: i trust that shes town and i trust her abilty to reach the right conclusion in the end. she neevr said to expctively vote me so powers to you
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I feel like the Mafia Dentist, always pulling teeth.

OK, switching my vote to ika.

Return to “Previous Jobs”