Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia [AD INFINITUM / Endgame]

Moderator: Community Team

Maid
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 39

Re: [Take / Day 2] Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia

Post by Maid »

Exactly. I'd rather lynch an inactive first, though...
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by The Dry Flood »

i'd rather go for Tito Puente today. I believe they are mafia, and they voted me to save their buddy.
Golden
Marmot
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Principal Skinner »

Chris Potter wrote:And Bill Dixon, goddamn it man, are you using Jive Speak Translate?
's that a thing? Sho' would make my life easier.
Ornette Coleman wrote:Why are you defending him so vehemently though? It's not like it matters if we accidentally lynch a civ or two.
Ornette Coleman wrote:
Fats Navarro wrote: No Lynch Voters
Coleman - Why are you voting the one thing to help the bad guys?
If you would stoop to participating in a lynch just to avoid helping the bad guys, you are no better than them.
The hell you sayin', Coleman? I'm gettin' some veeeery diff'rent sorta vibes from these posts an' am begginin' to question your intentions.

First you take a position of no-lynch to avoid potentially clappin' a fellow player, now you sayin' it don' matter if a few good guys kick the can?

I don't vibe with this one bit, man.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Also I'm not seeing the case on Fleck, I think he'd have moved his vote off of the GD lynching that role this early would be horribly for the mafia. Not worth the town cred.

linki: Good point, I'll need to think on that.
Golden
Marmot
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Echo »

Bill Dixon wrote:
Chris Potter wrote:And Bill Dixon, goddamn it man, are you using Jive Speak Translate?
's that a thing? Sho' would make my life easier.
Ornette Coleman wrote:Why are you defending him so vehemently though? It's not like it matters if we accidentally lynch a civ or two.
Ornette Coleman wrote:
Fats Navarro wrote: No Lynch Voters
Coleman - Why are you voting the one thing to help the bad guys?
If you would stoop to participating in a lynch just to avoid helping the bad guys, you are no better than them.
The hell you sayin', Coleman? I'm gettin' some veeeery diff'rent sorta vibes from these posts an' am begginin' to question your intentions.

First you take a position of no-lynch to avoid potentially clappin' a fellow player, now you sayin' it don' matter if a few good guys kick the can?

I don't vibe with this one bit, man.
Every stick has two ends.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Ricochet »

Less than two hours for me to write... I mean, for you to decide.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Mr. Coleman, I was hopin' to have a slightly more concrete case to think about in th' wake of th' vote today, but I'm startin' to think yo lookin' a little more worrisome than anyone else here. I think you got my vote now.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

The tito wagon hasn't had any real resistance to it, either the remaining mafia players are inactive or we are voting in the wrong direction. Thoughts?
Golden
Marmot
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Towny McTownface »

My goodness you jazz fiends! What a wild turn of events this has been. My apologies for sitting back and waiting for a comfortable moment to break in.

I like Holiday's passion but I have to ask her this: what would you think of Fleck had he NOT sock-slipped? Seems the chief reason you're defending him is because of his real identity and very little that is game related. Some of the things that Fleck has done and said today are down right dirty jive. I'm of half a mind to join Mr. Mingus, who has been speaking a lot of sense. I'm still not down on Tito but the verdict on Fleck is far from settled.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 4

Post by DrWilgy »

Just checkin in...

Good luck civs!

I for some unexplainable reason really want Taco bell now...
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

John and Vince, if you two move to Fleck we can get a baddie lynch rather than a coin flip.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Charles Mingus wrote:John and Vince, if you two move to Fleck we can get a baddie lynch rather than a coin flip.
What makes you think 3-6 will be a coin flip?
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Ornette Coleman wrote:
Charles Mingus wrote:John and Vince, if you two move to Fleck we can get a baddie lynch rather than a coin flip.
What makes you think 3-6 will be a coin flip?
That's not what I mean. A Tito lynch is a coin flip flip-wise. We don't know enough about Tito to know whether or not we'll lynch a baddie here, and I feel like most of the people voting for him are doing so because they're scared to vote for a non-lurker. Tito could just as easily be a mislynch as a lynch, and if it's a mislynch we'll have both wasted the day and hurt our numbers. That would not be the case with a Fleck lynch who is certainly more likely to be bad.
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 195

Post by November »

And when I flip town you will stop speaking and listen to someone who knows me?

When I flip town you eat rope
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

She gave game reasons you you said jack shit to it so
Maid
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Maid »

Can you please use your sockpuppet account?
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Bela Fleck wrote:She gave game reasons you you said jack shit to it so
Anyone paying even peripheral attention to the thread knows that the opposite is true. How about you defend yourself instead of letting her do all the defending for you? What do you have to say about the suspicions against you?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Chris Potter wrote:Can you please use your sockpuppet account?

I'm mobile and I don't know my password offhand. Sadly I can't
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Charles Mingus wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:She gave game reasons you you said jack shit to it so
Anyone paying even peripheral attention to the thread knows that the opposite is true. How about you defend yourself instead of letting her do all the defending for you? What do you have to say about the suspicions against you?
Will you make he bullet points like she said? The only point I have seen from reading as of late is the one where I bus/distanced

FYI I use crime so it remembers pass so that why I don't know it if your wondering
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

The essential truth is that people are mobile, not their devices. In anthropological terms, movement is at the foundation of the human condition.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Ornette Coleman wrote:The essential truth is that people are mobile, not their devices. In anthropological terms, movement is at the foundation of the human condition.
Do you have anything game repeated? Or do you care to explain your constant vote switch?
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Ornette Coleman wrote:The essential truth is that people are mobile, not their devices. In anthropological terms, movement is at the foundation of the human condition.
Do you have anything game repeated? Or do you care to explain your constant vote switch?
I don't. Do you care to explain why you haven't switched yours when there is clearly an option to?
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Mr. Dixon, I beg you to place your vote on either Tito or Fleck. As it stands, there will be a tie if Tito shows up and tries to save himself. Let's pick sides on these two and see how any vote changing shakes out.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 6

Post by S~V~S »

The sock malfunction has been fixed :)

Please try to avoid crossposting in future as it is not all that easy to fix. Thanks!
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Ornette Coleman wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:
I don't. Do you care to explain why you haven't switched yours when there is clearly an option to?
To who? My vote is on Tito. Where else should it be?

Why are you telling me what I should be doing where should it be?
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Vince Guaraldi wrote:Mr. Dixon, I beg you to place your vote on either Tito or Fleck. As it stands, there will be a tie if Tito shows up and tries to save himself. Let's pick sides on these two and see how any vote changing shakes out.
Hrmm. I guess as it stands, my vote for Mr. Coleman don' mean much, huh?

I think I mentioned before I'd rather Tito have a chance to 'splain his position. Don't like how he ain't been here, but I'm feelin' more strongly 'bout the case made against Mr. Fleck-tone. If it's in th' best interest of the band, I'll begrudgin'ly switch to Mr. Fleck.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Ornette Coleman wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:
To who? My vote is on Tito. Where else should it be?

Why are you telling me what I should be doing where should it be?
If all of the options weren't worth considering, they wouldn't truly be options.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Coleman, what are you playing at here?
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Any Fleck-tones care to join us on the "Punt Puente" side of the fence?
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Vince Guaraldi wrote:Coleman, what are you playing at here?
I'm being indecisive.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Ornette Coleman wrote:
Vince Guaraldi wrote:Coleman, what are you playing at here?
I'm being indecisive.
That's poor jazz form. Just go with it for better or worse. Jazz up, sir. Jazz up.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Thirteen minutes.
Ricochet

Re: Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Ricochet »

Missing votes: Tito Puente

Votes in grey are votes that moved.

Disregard that Holliday is highlighted, I left that cell selected by accident.
Ricochet

[Rest / Night 2] Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

The band switched their sheets and started playing 'Gloomy Sunday', something to finally accommodate Miss Holiday, now that she was the only voice left in this project, but the musicians all took a dreary, tempo-draggy, sobbing take on it, still shocked by the news of Fats' death. 'Oh for Heavens' sake', Fletcher lamented, 'this ain't no freakin' requiem. You have to feel it, but you don't have to drown it in tears.'

'I'm sorry Mr. Bitter Man', Holiday complained, 'but I ain't in no mood to sing this any other way, when my heart can barely stop tremblin'. Fats was one of us and I can't believe that he's gone. I also couldn't believe my eyes, seeing him and some of you fighting so much last time he was still around. Shame on you, Trane, for pushing it so far, when he obviously didn't do nuthin' wrong.'
'Yeah', Fleck added, 'I definitely think Trane took it personally, couldn't control himself and did something dreadful afterwards. I say he must go, in order to cleanse this atmosphere of further disenchantment.'
'Buuullshiieeeeet, wrapped up in a bullsuit', said Mingus. 'You fella are quite the fools, thinking I can't tell sad jam and flim-flam apart. You praising the man a while ago, Billie, was just what the crooked hearted folks among us needed to go and torture the poor man to death. You're no better than us, you didn't do nuthin' yourself to stop them bickering a while ago.'
'How dare you!’ screamed Holiday.
'You must be gone mad, sir', Fleck objected, 'pickin' on a woman's feelings like that, and I find that you must be the baddest of them all.'
'What say you, my good man, to such accusations?’ jested Miles moreover.
'Ludicrous', snapped Mingus.
'Ludacris!!' shouted Coleman and started angrily blasting the song of his people on his sax.
'Look, brothers and sisters', Coltrane finally took the mic, 'I'm actually just as aggrieved as you are by Fats' demise, but let me tell you somethin', he was genuinely shady and I told him that straight to his face. If you think I could not handle an honest fistfight, in front of everyone, and would instead resort to any devilish backstabbing, whoa boy, you are downright crazy. He was a brother, but brothers fight too sometimes and it doesn't make me any less sad to see him go.' Everyone went silent for a bit afterwards, some reminiscing once more of Fats, others hiding their angry looks from one another.

'Ok, so what now?' asked Potter.
'How about taking care of the phonies around here who still can't keep a beat, even in this leaden rhythm of a song?’ Fletcher suggested.
'Now see', Coltrane kept at it, 'I always say it like I mean it and this time around I'm feeling that Fleck and Bublé just disliked each other during our last take for the sake of showing malice and charm the rest of us. But Fleck's frying pan there is just as oddly tuned to my ears as Bublé's saccharine lulls were. We should get rid of him next.'
'Yeah, man, not to mention he's pickin' on Ming over there, which is just bizzaro, considering that Ming did the right thang, telling that wicked crooner off', added Miles.
'Word to the Mingus, cuz Mingus is the word', Mingus professed.
'Oh, don't you dare pick on my man!' Holiday acted outraged.
'Oh Miss Holiday, I think I'm in love with you', Fleck reacted suddenly enamored. 'You know I'm all good inside.'
'Hell, don't we have some lovebirds in here...' Mingus mocked them both.
At which point Holliday fainted and Fleck rushed to grab her, safely catching her before she collapsed on the ground. And once he let go of her, for others to carry her to a chair, he rushed towards Mingus with infinite hatred.
'Oh boy, do we have some prima donnas in here or what', Fletcher rolled his eyes and waved his hands in disgust towards the audience, although the Host was rather enjoying it all with a glass of wine and smoking a cigar, while Socky was leaning forwards, biting his nails with a sense of both excited and aghast look.

Unfortunately, Fleck soon found out that it's not such a wise choice to attack a Mingus who can swing his bass at you, especially when you don't have your shovel of a banjo to even attempt to parry with it. And Mingus proved indeed quite acrobatic with his instrument, flinging it at light speed and smacking Fleck right in the head, sending him to kiss the ground himself, without anyone reacting this time fast enough to catch him.
Most rushed to Fleck, but Mingus just put aside his bass, which wasn't even that banged up from the impact, and rolled himself another cigar, saying only 'Fool'.

'He ded?' inquired Hiromi.
All eyes turned towards the Host, who first checked Socky's death note for confirmation, then replied 'Not yet'.

'Ok, so what now?' asked Potter again.
'Look, everyone...' Fleck shocked everyone by starting to speak as he was getting up, little by little, reaching for his stool. 'I'm going to say this to you as clear as possible... the banjo has a voice of its own and you just need to tune your ears to it better... and learn to go with the flow... we can't abide by the same "standards" every time we want to play something... where would we be nowadays if Bach's Lute Sonatas would never get transcribed... if you couldn't turn Chopin’s Mazurkas from something as complex and spread out as a two-staff plejade to four strings... if 'Round Midnight would never get transposed for all voices, instruments and souls alike... if the banjo comes off as rasp, it doesn't mean it's not coming from the heart nonetheless... I'm not trying to be disingenuous here, people... as fur opertunisict, i dont see hwo i am hlodnig ayn advntnage righ now...whoa...' he stopped for a second, shaking his head a bit. 'Sorry, it seems that blow is finally reaching to my language cortex a bit... anyway, my playing is exactly how I play anytime... and I think everyone deep down inside can change the way he's playing... you can tune your instrument a fair bit, you can add more licks or trills to it... but at the end of the day, you're still going to reveal what you are really trying to expr-'
'OK, let's get rid of Tito, then, he hasn't said a thing as of late, I checked his notes earlier and this rhythms are all wrong for our repertoire and he's rather been more worried not to have any part of kit smashed up during the kerfuffle that just happened', said Vince.
'ture', said Coleman.
'true', said Potter.
'ok, then', said Coltrane.

The Host's cigar fell to the floor, as his jaw dropped with astonishment at the turn of events, to which Socky mentioned 'Yep, here it is written... Tito's time of death is written earlier than Fleck's...'

===

09.IV.2011

"On Good Morning Susie Soho, the trio forays deeper into its creative pool, in order to draw out and stylize their classic sound even more. Each player's individually grows bolder and more personal, particularly M.O. experimenting with texture and off-beat mood swinging rhythms, D.B.'s solos starting to vibrate off the chart, while E.S. keeps touching the keys in search for new sensibilities or wits, sometimes with a faint echo of his joyful humming surfacing.

The album stretches its length and scope, by which the usual blend of hot and cold, blitzy and ballady, becomes more sustained and conceptual. When slow, the pieces develop a halo of resonance, flutter and levity; when they're in gear, they get syncopated, effervescent and with a touch of oddball dynamic to them. Such, in a nutshell, is The Wraith, for instance: classic progressive E.S.T. thrill ride, with a blend of electronics and morphing effects, mostly on drums and piano; ghastly, eerie rhythms and acoustic forms to begin with, until they settle on a fix recitative and keep add more layers and tremble to it. After its culmination, it all quickly withdraws into the spectre-like soundforms it evolved from..."

Tito Puente has been kicked out of the band. His real name was Sorsha.

Her role song was 'The Wraith' off Good Morning Susie Soho and she was...

vanilla mafia
Is it now Night 2.
You have 24 hours to send me any relevant PMs.
There will also be a Night poll in which you can vote for fun. As can everyone, including non-players.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [Rest / Night 2] Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia

Post by November »

re we still going to argue i am scum after this?

CALLED IT
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

mingus needs to be coped checked

he eats rope next
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

after this and looking at his flip coltrain is prob town, he was voted by tito on day 1 cw
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

scum is in miguns/himori right now looking at wagon comparison
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Last part of the Host Post appears humongous and I have no idea why, I set it at "150".

Edit: Also, if everything is prepared by then, the Phase might actually end 30 minutes earlier, to re-adjust to my desired deadline schedule.

Edit#2: Also, really? My proposal is losing?! :overreact:
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Fuskdall »

Bela Fleck wrote:re we still going to argue i am scum after this?

CALLED IT
I was ready to switch my vote from you if it had been necessary. I was fairly convinced by midday today that you were Civ, but I figured that keeping the pressure on you would do more good than bad. It's still very hard to convince me that Mingus is bad though, I mean, the crucial vote that sunk the Godfather?? I had a much easier time believing that your first vote on Buble was a teammate vote, because one little vote on a teammate doesn't mean too much if the lynch doesn't go south.

I think we got pretty lucky with Tito turning up bad, by going for an inactive.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

A most fortuitous result! Just one flat-noter left and we can jam like nobody's jammed before. If I'm not killed off, I will try to be around more on Day 3.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Miles Davis wrote:

CALLED IT
I was ready to switch my vote from you if it had been necessary. I was fairly convinced by midday today that you were Civ, but I figured that keeping the pressure on you would do more good than bad. It's still very hard to convince me that Mingus is bad though, I mean, the crucial vote that sunk the Godfather?? I had a much easier time believing that your first vote on Buble was a teammate vote, because one little vote on a teammate doesn't mean too much if the lynch doesn't go south.

Ok do you still think im scum or town though? i dont really see a full read

i mean his entire agrument for "town cred" could be applied to him as well dont you think?

i disagree hat we were luck that we go him for inactivty,i have seen scums do that so much that i much rather purge inactive first.
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Miles Davis wrote:

CALLED IT

i mean his entire agrument for "town cred" could be applied to him as well dont you think?

i disagree hat we were luck that we go him for inactivty,i have seen scums do that so much that i much rather purge inactive first.
And I have seen it go wrong more often than not. Count me in as a supporter either way though - as I said earlier, I like to leave the talkers alive, for a more exciting game!

I'm just going to maintain my scum read of you for now, Fleck. You're not out of the woods yet, I've still got my eye on you, you're probably the last baddie, and we'll just see about that tomorrow! Otherwise, I ain't sayin' nothin' at night unless I've the right mind to. *tips hat*
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Miles Davis wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:
Miles Davis wrote:

CALLED IT

And I have seen it go wrong more often than not. Count me in as a supporter either way though - as I said earlier, I like to leave the talkers alive, for a more exciting game!

Plz tell me why i am scum then? like i apprently bussed both of my buddies and was a cw to one fo them? do you really think that scumis going to play like that?

I'm just going to maintain my scum read of you for now, Fleck. You're not out of the woods yet, I've still got my eye on you, you're probably the last baddie, and we'll just see about that tomorrow! Otherwise, I ain't sayin' nothin' at night unless I've the right mind to. *tips hat*
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

quote got butchered but what i said was this:

Plz tell me why i am scum then? like i apprently bussed both of my buddies and was a cw to one fo them? do you really think that scumis going to play like that?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: he, him

Post by 1337 »

Miles Davis wrote: I think we got pretty lucky with Tito turning up bad, by going for an inactive.
Tito was on Buble's cw so yeah, it was him or Hiromi as easy choices.
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: he, him

Post by 1337 »

Fleck is town. He voted for both scums, was voted by scum, was pressured all day and came off town, anyone that still pushes this gets lynched.
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

Billie Holiday wrote:
Miles Davis wrote: I think we got pretty lucky with Tito turning up bad, by going for an inactive.
Tito was on Buble's cw so yeah, it was him or Hiromi as easy choices.
Oh yeah, right. Forgot about that angle, there was more than inactivity pointing to his guilt. Interesting to note the Sorsha-baddie-inactivity, let's remember that for future games. :feb:
Billie Holiday wrote:Fleck is town. He voted for both scums, was voted by scum, was pressured all day and came off town, anyone that still pushes this gets lynched.
We shall see.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Why is nobody here....
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »