Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [NIGHT 10] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
S~V~S wrote:In retrospect, based on what did & did not happen to me, and based on timing, I am inclined to believe that TH is in fact a Don.
Are you legally permitted to elaborate?
Not sure how far I can go. Things did or did not happen as I might or might not have expected that seemed to correspond to TH being or not being AFK?
I have no idea what this means so you're probably safe. :haha:
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:I don't like Dom's refusal to accept that he's a valid suspect. I also don't like his exasperation in the face of being lynched, strangely. He just got here. I don't think a townie who just showed up this late in a game would be as passionate about being lynched as he's been.

God this is the most bullshit case I've ever given but somehow I believe it.
So first I don't care enough about being lynched and now I cared too much?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I don't like Dom's refusal to accept that he's a valid suspect. I also don't like his exasperation in the face of being lynched, strangely. He just got here. I don't think a townie who just showed up this late in a game would be as passionate about being lynched as he's been.

When did I ever imply the former point?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:

Maybe you didn't, but either you or Prisoner have.
And, frankly, it's exhausting to replace into a huge game and almost immediately take heat for reasons you don't understand that often contradict each other. I've been told I care too much and too little about being lynched. I've been told that I don't have enough thoughts and that I am too willing to vote on thoughts etc.

Surely you can understand how that's frustrating.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:

And, frankly, it's exhausting to replace into a huge game and almost immediately take heat for reasons you don't understand that often contradict each other. I've been told I care too much and too little about being lynched. I've been told that I don't have enough thoughts and that I am too willing to vote on thoughts etc.

I can, and if you're a townie the treatment of you in this game has been nothing frustrating. But surely you can understand why you have to be looked at the way we have been looking at you. We've got at least 4 bad guys to catch in a 10 person game. The whole game has seen one vocal townie after another get lynched and it became apparent days ago that we've had a number of townies at each other's throats all game long. There's a small handful of players who provided absolutely no content during all of this time, and your predecessors are a part of this group. As a bad guy subbing in late to the game, it is reasonable for us to speculate that you would want to jump into the activity right away to distance yourself from the Lurker Scum label.
I understand that it is also reasonable for you as a townie to want to dive in and help us figure things out. It's been said before, but you practically can't win here. I understand your frustration if it is genuine, but at this stage in the game I can't approach you any differently than this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

There's more shortsightedness here than in a obstetrician's office from The Shire.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:There's more shortsightedness here than in a obstetrician's office from The Shire.
My joke would have been more effective had I gone with "optometrist's office," but I'm not a doctor.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:

I can, and if you're a townie the treatment of you in this game has been nothing frustrating. But surely you can understand why you have to be looked at the way we have been looking at you. We've got at least 4 bad guys to catch in a 10 person game. The whole game has seen one vocal townie after another get lynched and it became apparent days ago that we've had a number of townies at each other's throats all game long. There's a small handful of players who provided absolutely no content during all of this time, and your predecessors are a part of this group. As a bad guy subbing in late to the game, it is reasonable for us to speculate that you would want to jump into the activity right away to distance yourself from the Lurker Scum label.
I understand that it is also reasonable for you as a townie to want to dive in and help us figure things out. It's been said before, but you practically can't win here. I understand your frustration if it is genuine, but at this stage in the game I can't approach you any differently than this.
Can't you?

Why can't chaindeath or Nerolunar be baddie?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

I rolled a 10-sided dice and it said I'm scum. No methods are working here.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Without looking at the front page, how many roles are there that can escape a lynch? Go.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I rolled a 10-sided dice and it said I'm scum. No methods are working here.
Maybe its trying to tell you something.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:Without looking at the front page, how many roles are there that can escape a lynch? Go.
Who is looking at the front page? :suspish:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

Regardless of how many there are, I think TH survived for a legit civ reason.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I don't. Not if we cannot both survive for civvie reasons.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My question wasn't rhetorical.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

2?

The dons?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:I don't. Not if we cannot both survive for civvie reasons.
Give me a number then. Pick a number and give it to me.

I really wish to hell that TH was here. This would be so much easier to figure out.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ain't hard guys. No need to fight.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:

Can't you?

Why can't chaindeath or Nerolunar be baddie?
No, I can't. There are at least 4 baddies left out of 8 players to choose from (I am excluding myself and the Prisoner). That means chaindeath and nero can both be scum. And so can you. I do not understand why you are asking me that question. I've stated numerous times that I believe at least one of those two is bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You all are killing me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

A thought occurs!
Sloonei wrote:
Traitor – Defects to The Sockfaced Famiglia if The Don votes for him at any point in the game.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Day 1

The Traitor from The Daisy Crime Syndicate has defected to The Sockfaced Famiglia.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Day 4

agleaminranks has been arrested. He was the Traitor, a member of The Sockfaced Famiglia. He had defected from The Daisy Crime Syndicate after Day 1.

Neither Turnip Head nor Mongoose voted for gleam on Day 1.
Sloonei's ace investigative work demonstrates that neither Turnip Head nor Dom can be the Daisy Don.

Combine that with this, from night 2:
DrWilgy has been killed by the Hitman from The Sockfaced Famiglia. He was Crew, a member of The Daisy Crime Syndicate.
Meaning that this post raises a valid point. I am skeptical that Mongoose would have submitted a kill for Wilgy on Night 2. It's not impossible, but I find it more likely that Turnip Head would do this. I'll go back to investigate there posts RE: Wilgy on Days 1-2, but my gut feeling is that this points more toward TH than Domongoose.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

:rolleyes:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote::rolleyes:
Are you trying to tell us that you believe Dom and Turnip Head are the two dons?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Are you trying to tell us that you believe Dom and Turnip Head are the two dons?
No. People have been making an assumption all game that is rooted in error.

How many roles can survive a lynch?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote:A thought occurs!
Sloonei wrote:
Traitor – Defects to The Sockfaced Famiglia if The Don votes for him at any point in the game.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Day 1

The Traitor from The Daisy Crime Syndicate has defected to The Sockfaced Famiglia.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Day 4

agleaminranks has been arrested. He was the Traitor, a member of The Sockfaced Famiglia. He had defected from The Daisy Crime Syndicate after Day 1.

Sloonei's ace investigative work demonstrates that neither Turnip Head nor Dom can be the Daisy Don.

DrWilgy has been killed by the Hitman from The Sockfaced Famiglia. He was Crew, a member of The Daisy Crime Syndicate.
Meaning that this post raises a valid point. I am skeptical that Mongoose would have submitted a kill for Wilgy on Night 2. It's not impossible, but I find it more likely that Turnip Head would do this. I'll go back to investigate there posts RE: Wilgy on Days 1-2, but my gut feeling is that this points more toward TH than Domongoose.

Wait a minute Willis :suspish:

Are you saying you think TH is bad now?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I trust TH more than I trust anyone at this point. If you are saying you think TH is bad,you have just totally lost me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

5, that we know of. The two Dons, the two stool pigeons, the Pief of Cholice. But the Chief's lynch doesn't just not happen, it "passes down", presumably to another Cop. Plus we have two dead Stool Pigeons, though one of them (boomslang) could have been the undercover cop.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote:
Sloonei wrote:A thought occurs!
Sloonei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Day 1

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Day 4

Wait a minute Willis :suspish:

Are you saying you think TH is bad now?
No. The opposite of that. I am saying this points to TH being the Sockface Don.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

5, that we know of. The two Dons, the two stool pigeons, the Pief of Cholice. But the Chief's lynch doesn't just not happen, it "passes down", presumably to another Cop. Plus we have two dead Stool Pigeons, though one of them (boomslang) could have been the undercover cop.
You're on the right track, but please rephrase. :huh:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, Sloonei. Thanks for clarification.That was some conovulted reasoning there lol.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

No, just say the thing you're trying to get out of me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote:OK, Sloonei. Thanks for clarification.That was some conovulted reasoning there lol.
It is complicated, but I think it adds up. TH and Dom can't be the Daisy Don, and the Sockface Don killed Wilgy. If one of them is a Don, they have to be the Sockface Don, so they have to have killed Wilgy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Of course, as Epi is telling us it's possible neither of them are Dons.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Right now I am inclined to believe TH is the Sockface Don, though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

The answer is four. You named them. There's two Dons, and there's two Stool Pigeons.

The stool pigeons can get out of a lynch just the same as an arrest (the two are effectively the same). But only once. I checked with the host. :grin:

Both stool pigeons got lynched, meaning neither knew of this aspect of their role, or they had been arrested already, or one of them is the seemer.

TH and Dom have both survived lynches. They don't have to be Dons to do that, and you seemed to be arguing that they did. I don't agree.

chaindeath
Nerolunar
Soneji
Elohcin
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

The answer is four. You named them. There's two Dons, and there's two Stool Pigeons.

The stool pigeons can get out of a lynch just the same as an arrest (the two are effectively the same). But only once. I checked with the host. :grin:

Both stool pigeons got lynched, meaning neither knew of this aspect of their role, or they had been arrested already, or one of them is the seemer.

TH and Dom have both survived lynches. They don't have to be Dons to do that, and you seemed to be arguing that they did. I don't agree.

chaindeath
Nerolunar
Soneji
Elohcin
I've been the one saying they aren't both Dons, but fair point.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why do you now believe Eloh is a copper?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:Why do you now believe Eloh is a copper?
That's the only thing that makes sense to me. I cannot reconcile while she'd come into a bad role and not enjoy herself, but here we are.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epi
Dom
Eloh
chaindeath

That is what I think the scum team looks like. We've probably already lost, but whatever.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:Epi
Dom
Eloh
chaindeath

That is what I think the scum team looks like. We've probably already lost, but whatever.
And a list like that is why.

Punch some holes in mine.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom
Eloh
chaindeath

I can't even fathom you being good at this point. Dom is not a Don and I don't think he's a Stool Pigeon (unsubstantiated), so I think he was saved by some scum mechanic. That leaves Elohcin, chaindeath, Nerolunar, and Soneji. Soneji and Nerolunar strike me as more believable townies than Eloh and chaindeath.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom
Eloh
chaindeath

I can't even fathom you being good at this point. Dom is not a Don and I don't think he's a Stool Pigeon (unsubstantiated), so I think he was saved by some scum mechanic. That leaves Elohcin, chaindeath, Nerolunar, and Soneji. Soneji and Nerolunar strike me as more believable townies than Eloh and chaindeath.
Why can't you fathom me being good? It's a question I rarely ask. I just accept it when people think I'm bad. But I'm curious at this point. I mean to challenge your other points, but I want to hear about this if you don't mind.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think we have spent way too much time overthinking things. Our best success came from a last minute "Let's just give in to our feelings" CFD. Not that I want to do it, but incessantly analyzing & discussing has got us nowhere whatsoever.

I hope TH can get in here today. I really need to hear his thoughts.

At this point, I don't care who we lynch so long as it is a cop.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

Just when we thought we could lock down some variables. What do we do? :shrug: If we get to live another day Im inclined to believe Elohcin is still a valid lynch option, if just to decrease the number of cops.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Nerolunar wrote:Just when we thought we could lock down some variables. What do we do? :shrug: If we get to live another day Im inclined to believe Elohcin is still a valid lynch option, if just to decrease the number of cops.
What else would be the goal?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That post of Neros reads to me as, "I hope the Greyhound is here on time".
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

What else are we doing but eliminating baddies?

If you feel that someone is bad, why aren't you lynching them?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Well, it didn't benefit us for me to say this earlier, but I am aware of at least one possibility for both non-Don civilians and cops alike to have access to a lynch pardon.

Based on all information available to me, based on voting records and revealed roles etc, I find it nearly impossible that Dom is a Don. He could be a civvie that gained access to a lynch pardon, but I also find this unlikely due to this post:
Dom wrote:I don't. Not if we cannot both survive for civvie reasons.
If Dom survived for a civvie reason, he would know that it is possible for at least one other civvie to survive for the same reason that he did.

In conclusion, I think we should lynch Dom tomorrow.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

S~V~S wrote:That post of Neros reads to me as, "I hope the Greyhound is here on time".
What do you mean?
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Dom wrote:What else are we doing but eliminating baddies?

If you feel that someone is bad, why aren't you lynching them?
I am. Right now its night so I can´t really vote for anyone.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”