30%

Total votes: 20
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [NIGHT 11] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

Oh hey whoa. Do we put the Prisoner in charge of the Prison, or do we stick a safe and trusted townie in charge? Not that I don't trust the prisoner, but we still do not know what his role is, mechanically speaking.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

The Prisoner has defeated his archenemy and deserves to take his place as the new Warden, one who will hopefully be good to the inmates as he knows what it is like in there.

Prisoner509

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Note: when I originally brought the reductionist strategy into the thread (supposing cop teams based on pre-accepted premises of who is town), Epignosis immediately challenged it by connecting Nerolunar to chaindeath. The connection itself is of interest, but so is the fact that he felt the need to challenge it at all. Maybe I was on the right track in the first place.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Is self-voting allowed in this poll? A friend wants to know.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:Is self-voting allowed in this poll? A friend wants to know.
Yeah, sure, it's different than a lynch poll so it's immune to the no self-voting rule.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Hosts, is the new warden's alignment affected in any way by this nomination?
No.

The new Warden will just get the abilities and duties that the previous Warden had, regardless of alignment.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Hosts, is the new warden's alignment affected in any way by this nomination?
No.

The new Warden will just get the abilities and duties that the previous Warden had, regardless of alignment.
In place of prior abilities/duties or in addition to?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
No.

In place of prior abilities/duties or in addition to?
In addition to. This doesn't have any impact on anything else role-related.

And, of course, the new Warden won't get baddie BTSC, but he/she will get all other non-alignment-specific abilities and duties.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I won't lie. I want it. :feb:

However, we're in this thing together at this point regardless of whatever makes me *special*, and it might be more strategically prudent to put that power in the hands of a don. Eventually I'm likely to be night killed, in spite of everything, because I'm not a don.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Note: when I originally brought the reductionist strategy into the thread (supposing cop teams based on pre-accepted premises of who is town), Epignosis immediately challenged it by connecting Nerolunar to chaindeath. The connection itself is of interest, but so is the fact that he felt the need to challenge it at all. Maybe I was on the right track in the first place.
I think Epi was definitely playing for the win these past few phases, so whatever moves he made were calculated toward the most efficient cop win manageable. That probably involved some degree of bussing simply because it was impossible not to at this stage. But it probably also involved some defense of a teammamte or two, and for this reason I am feeling good about Elohcin as a cop. Epi pretty much staged everything from her entry into the game so as to deter us from lynching her.
It would be a pretty slick move to do that as a way of framing her to be lynched upon his death, but I am inclined to feel like he would have tried to set her up for a mislynch while he was alive if she was good. All the cops have needed for a two phases now is a mislynch. Epi was probably banking on getting one of those before going down himself, and if he could have done anything to spin one onto Eloh I'm sure he would have. Serge/Elohcin is a cop.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Is self-voting allowed in this poll? A friend wants to know.
Yeah, sure, it's different than a lynch poll so it's immune to the no self-voting rule.
Cool. I want this, it's mine and you all can't have it :meany:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I won't lie. I want it. :feb:

However, we're in this thing together at this point regardless of whatever makes me *special*, and it might be more strategically prudent to put that power in the hands of a don. Eventually I'm likely to be night killed, in spite of everything, because I'm not a don.
I want you to have it as well, but I simply trust me more with it, all things considered.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I think the single most important interaction to investigate now is Epignosis/Soneji. That's the haziest wild card left, in my opinion (because we've already talked so much about Nero and chaindeath). If there's anything in those interactions that can help to clear Soneji, that would be immense. And there just might be, I have something in mind...
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It's certainly up for discussion though. This is a pretty crucial decision that we have to make.
But we have to throw out Elohcin, chaindeath, and nerolunar on principle. Way too many ???s abot them, and Soneji seems like a good guy but is not in the clear by any means.
The Prisoner is definitely on our side, but mechanically he's something of a mystery still.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

New cop team dynamics:

chaindeath
If chaindeath and Elohcin are town, cops are:
RadicalFuzz
Mongoose/Draconus/Dom
Epignosis
???
Nerolunar
Soneji

If chaindeath and Nerolunar are town, cops are:
RadicalFuzz
Mongoose/Draconus/Dom
Epignosis
???
Elohcin
Soneji

If chaindeath and Soneji are town, cops are:
RadicalFuzz
Mongoose/Draconus/Dom
Epignosis
???
Elohcin
Nerolunar
Elohcin
If Elohcin and chaindeath are town, cops are:
RadicalFuzz
Mongoose/Draconus/Dom
Epignosis
???
Nerolunar
Soneji

If Elohcin and Nerolunar are town, cops are:
RadicalFuzz
Mongoose/Draconus/Dom
Epignosis
???
chaindeath
Soneji

If Elohcin and Soneji are town, cops are:
RadicalFuzz
Mongoose/Draconus/Dom
Epignosis
???
chaindeath
Nerolunar
Nerolunar
If Nerolunar and chaindeath are town, cops are:
RadicalFuzz
Mongoose/Draconus/Dom
Epignosis
???
Elohcin
Soneji

If Nerolunar and Elohcin are town, cops are:
RadicalFuzz
Mongoose/Draconus/Dom
Epignosis
???
chaindeath
Soneji

If Nerolunar and Soneji are town, cops are:
RadicalFuzz
Mongoose/Draconus/Dom
Epignosis
???
chaindeath
Elohcin
Soneji
If Soneji and chaindeath are town, cops are:
RadicalFuzz
Mongoose/Draconus/Dom
Epignosis
???
Elohcin
Nerolunar

If Soneji and Elohcin are town, cops are:
RadicalFuzz
Mongoose/Draconus/Dom
Epignosis
???
chaindeath
Nerolunar

If Soneji and Nerolunar are town, cops are:
RadicalFuzz
Mongoose/Draconus/Dom
Epignosis
???
chaindeath
Elohcin
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:It's certainly up for discussion though. This is a pretty crucial decision that we have to make.
But we have to throw out Elohcin, chaindeath, and nerolunar on principle. Way too many ???s abot them, and Soneji seems like a good guy but is not in the clear by any means.
The Prisoner is definitely on our side, but mechanically he's something of a mystery still.
Agreed. I'm only willing to consider Sloonei, Turnip Head, or myself. Awaiting TH's perspective.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 5] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Warden wrote:I understand you people like rainbows.
Turnip Head <~~~
SVS

ika
Silverwolf
chaindeath <~~~

Black Rock
Matt
Epignosis <~~~

Golden
Serge <~~~
Nerolunar <~~~
indiglo
Dragon D. Luffy
Soneji <~~~

Quin
a2thezebra
thellama73
Boomslang
Draconus
Scotty

Sloonei <~~~
sig
Red
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

chaindeath wrote:The warden is a prick... Chaindeath hopes that people will discredit his list, since the warden is likely smart enough to mix up his reads with those who are cops and normal good civis.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:Is it because I'm Irish? [Insert the leprechaun smiley I assume indiglo has on hand]
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [Day 10] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Soneji wrote:SVS have I wronged you in another life for you to be so hostile towards anything I approve of :why: ?

I wonder if an event would take place if we killed the Warden. :ponder:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I think the single most important interaction to investigate now is Epignosis/Soneji. That's the haziest wild card left, in my opinion (because we've already talked so much about Nero and chaindeath). If there's anything in those interactions that can help to clear Soneji, that would be immense. And there just might be, I have something in mind...
Whatcha thinking?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:I think the single most important interaction to investigate now is Epignosis/Soneji. That's the haziest wild card left, in my opinion (because we've already talked so much about Nero and chaindeath). If there's anything in those interactions that can help to clear Soneji, that would be immense. And there just might be, I have something in mind...
Whatcha thinking?
I'll get there shortly. Currently just dumping things in here as I find them that I think might be of interest. The Warden's WIFOM might be hard to decipher, but peoples' reactions to that WIFOM... :ponder:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Prior to Day 9, Epignosis only made one post that acknowledged the existence of Soneji. So I'm going to check Soneji's posts and go the other direction. Sneak preview: Soneji has 90 posts. A search for "epi" in his ISO nets 129 results.

Things Soneji said about Epignosis:
Soneji wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I thought he was implying that, here we go, we already have people saying they are not caught up to the thread and it is only halfway through day one.
Nah. I was just amazed that I vote the guy and he shows up and posts.
There was around a half hour between your post and his. Enough to say that it could be him just getting into the thread and seeing current topic of discussion and your post rather then watching over the thread to see if hes mentioned.

Epignosis wrote:Enrique, look at that pretty little tie.

I hate announcing my votes by the way. I'd rather just vote and let people figure out on their own I voted for them. Much more effective.
More effective at what exactly? At delaying any challenge to your vote?
Soneji wrote:First on the Diiny lynch is not surprising Enrique with the "joke vote" angle. Joke votes can work as bait but not when you're not cooperative for a significant amount of time afterward and ignore others(like Epi) who voted against you on the same basis.
Soneji wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:DRACONUS

SLOONEI

EPIGNOSIS
Cop

Town

Town
Soneji wrote:I think that may be as far as I go trying to do full rereads on the thread. Even with all the dead players its taking too much time and the first two days have given me a strong enough stance on most that I can just go through post histories for anything going forward. Out of all those remaining, S~V~S and Black Rock had the least presence, barely remembered much of what they said. The former at least had a critical enough part in the Fuzz wagon gaining traction that I feel good about putting him in the town pile. Only posts I remember from Black Rock are her calling out TH and Epi for not being on their top game.

Chaindeath, Draconus and Enrique/Boomslang are the ones I feel the strongest about as scumreads. Next level would be Serge and TH. Then Epi and Nero. llama, BR and Scotty are rather null reads. Rest I'm pretty confident as being town.
Soneji wrote:Is there a way to be directed to the post people are quoting on this site? On NF, there is a little arrow we can press on directly quoted posts to be sent straight to them. It really helps in terms of context. On the surface Epi's case against sig looks bad and sig has probably the worst look based off solely where his votes have been placed. Looking at context for both his Ika and gleam votes, I don't see anything really worrying though. The quote Epi is using of sig saying he doesn't like the Ika/gleam wagons is from day 1, the votes from sig on them are from days 2 and 4 respectively. Silver's defense of Ika day 2, specifically Silver saying she'd be demoralized if Ika was lynched, is what prompted sig to be more suspicious of Ika. He also thought that the CFD on Fuzz was an attempt to save a scummate and the Ika lynch was the only one of the original three(Epi/gleam being the other two) with enough steam left for sig to jump on to oppose this attempted save. I won't hold it too much against sig that he opposed the CFD, several confirmed townies did as well and the reasoning against CFD's is valid, even if it worked out in our favor. sig's change of mind on gleam also had progression to it, starting with him liking MetalMarsh's ISO on gleam and then gleam from what he said slipping under the radar post d1.

I don't see anything really indicative of malicious intent with sig's actions. The Prisoner's argument against Epi is much more indicative of someone whose trying to manipulate things to a specific end.
Soneji wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Hey Soneji, could you please be a bit more specific about my case against Epignosis -- what about it did you find agreeable? I just need to assess your mindset.
That Epi makes himself out as a big shot yet avoids any matters where he can show his superior knowledge as well as his tendency to avoid direct accusations. That post he made in regards to Enrique about liking it when he can just vote without noticing it threw up some red flags during one of my full read throughs, as has his shifty behavior on tight lynches.
Soneji wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Hey Soneji, could you please be a bit more specific about my case against Epignosis -- what about it did you find agreeable? I just need to assess your mindset.
That Epi makes himself out as a big shot yet avoids any matters where he can show his superior knowledge as well as his tendency to avoid direct accusations. That post he made in regards to Enrique about liking it when he can just vote without noticing it threw up some red flags during one of my full read throughs, as has his shifty behavior on tight lynches.
Okay, that is a post I referenced, though I made no comment about his stated preference for not clearly stating his votes in the thread. You were highly specific in the context you lent to your defense of sig above, but your attack on Epignosis lacks the same context. Why was that a red flag for you, and what shifty behavior are you referring to specifically in tight lynches? You seem to have a very keen understanding of this game thread for someone with less than 30 posts; you're paying close attention to small details. This might sound odd coming from me after my own case against Epignosis, but, well... :dark:
I am not sure what makes you think I have a keen understanding of the game thread. My defense of sig? That is a simple matter of looking through his post history days 1-4 and reading those where he mentions gleam and Ika, to see if Epi's suspicions held water. I have a very keen understanding of the game of mafia as a whole, I'm a top 5 best player on my main mafia site, so I can notice the small details.

Unlike with sig, I didn't read through Epi's post history as I ran out of time before work. I am going off of general memory here for him. Your argument didn't look in any way to take his posts out of context, based on my memory of when they were made, which for some of them is fuzzy. The Enrique one I had quoted with a comment several days ago and I have read the majority of d2, so his dodging of the Fuzz/Ika situation has certainly not been misconstrued. He had more than enough time to get a grasp on the situation. He had everything prior to those supposed seven pages read, enough to have the ability to make a judgement call. Only mafia generally have reason to want to avoid looking bad by choosing the wrong person to vote. The Enrique thing was a red flag since to my remembrance he made that post after being called out for not announcing his Enrique vote in the poll in the game thread. It comes off as deflection.
Soneji wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Soneji wrote:I am not sure what makes you think I have a keen understanding of the game thread. My defense of sig? That is a simple matter of looking through his post history days 1-4 and reading those where he mentions gleam and Ika, to see if Epi's suspicions held water. I have a very keen understanding of the game of mafia as a whole, I'm a top 5 best player on my main mafia site, so I can notice the small details.
There have been numerous cases and suspicions fielded in recent memory. What was it about my case against Epignosis and his case against sig that inspired you to specifically join the thread and add commentary? Your content is limited because you've not done that for every discussion.
Soneji wrote:Your argument didn't look in any way to take his posts out of context, based on my memory of when they were made, which for some of them is fuzzy.
You see, that's the fun part. Because my case against Epignosis was straight up fake. I was actually laughing as I compiled it, making some silly points that I'd never make in a sincere case. :suspish:
Soneji wrote:The Enrique one I had quoted with a comment several days ago and I have read the majority of d2, so his dodging of the Fuzz/Ika situation has certainly not been misconstrued. He had more than enough time to get a grasp on the situation. He had everything prior to those supposed seven pages read, enough to have the ability to make a judgement call. Only mafia generally have reason to want to avoid looking bad by choosing the wrong person to vote. The Enrique thing was a red flag since to my remembrance he made that post after being called out for not announcing his Enrique vote in the poll in the game thread. It comes off as deflection.
I agree that Epi's vote for Zebra during the CFD was poor, and that alone is the best case against him.
I post whatever catches my fancy that I think will benefit town, within the time I find for this game. I was focused on doing a fairly thorough read of the entire thread for most of this game, though I gave that up as a lost cause once I managed to read up until the end of d2. I am trying now to focus on the present and the arguments being brung up against people now, using post history to make my own judgement on the findings. When I have the chance I will do a few ISO's of my own.

I have read sig as town almost any time I've read his posts during my read through or skim of current posts. That Epi is trying to bring him back to the forefront now caught my interest, so I decided to look into the matter, especially as Epi's been a fringe suspect for me most of the game.

If you found the points you brought up against Epi silly, I would like to know what qualifies as scummy in your book. The points you brought up against Epi were:

1. That he was avoiding participating in the current discussion by acting as if he wasn't up to date with the thread. Something he did while also presenting himself as being able to solve the current dilemma.

2. That he would subtly throw suspicion on players without directly accusing them, like ge did with gleam in the post you quoted.

3. Using meta reasons to defend Mongoose while implying that Sloonei is scum for not dismissing his read "as that is just Mongoose's meta".

4. Devolving the thread into filler talk about basketball.

5. Avoiding the d2 lynch despite acting as if he would break the tie.

All of these are valid scumtells and Epi does display them in the posts you brought up and elsewhere. I am going to take your assertion as low level bait, so I can maintain some illusion that towns current leader knows what hes talking about.
Soneji wrote:If 5:

Chaindeath
Elochin
Dom
Epi
Nero

If 4: Remove Nero/whichever of Dom/Elo replaced Serge. Will need to do more research.
There's plenty more, but it's all more recent and we should have a decent grasp of that anyway. I highlighted one line in this compilation that is of special significance to me. It was the moment when Soneji supported the fake case I assembled against Epignosis. My initial reaction was to eviscerate Soneji for this -- I built a smear campaign on purpose, and when someone took it up I naturally took issue with that. However, I eventually started to consider that I had inadvertently snared Soneji unjustly in this "trap", because his treatment of Epignosis was mostly consistent with his prior stated suspicions. More importantly right now, we have confirmed that Epignosis was a cop. I think then that figuring out Soneji's alignment can be reduced to a single question:

Did he and Epignosis coordinate this incident, in which Epignosis encouraged someone to build a fake case to gauge Elohcin (I took him up on that)? That would mean that Epi suggested the fake case, and then in BTSC Soneji either agreed to or volunteered to take the bait on purpose, for the sake of distancing.

My take? It felt like a reach to even type that. I am inclined to believe that when Epignosis made that suggestion, the only player he was strategizing about was Elohcin -- Soneji was nowhere in his mindset at all. This would imply that Soneji's appearance in that scenario was organic and accidental, suggesting a lack of coordination and a non-team mate relationship. The only alternative would be that Soneji wanted to bus Epignosis and still accidentally supported my fake case against him for the sake of throwing dirt at Epi. That also feels like a reach.

Thoughts?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am inclined to agree. I was already reading Soneji as town, and that entire incident reflects good on him. If Epi had a BTS plan in place, I'm sure his teammates would have been at least conscious of it, and Soneji's reaction comes off as too natural and too eager to have been a coordinated move. It also fits perfectly if you trace his suspicion of Epi back to the beginning of the game, like you said. He was on Epi's case very early in the game for what appear to be keen and legitimate observations. Again, it looks very natural and very sincere. None of Soneji's treatment of Epi reads like bussing to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Nerolunar or chaindeath?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm thinking chaindeath.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:Nerolunar or chaindeath?
I'm still thinking of it as two among Nerolunar, chaindeath, and Elohcin. I think your confidence in Elohcin as a cop is stronger than mine is, though I understand your perspective. The unique spousal dynamic that is Epignosis/Elohcin makes me hesitate before taking a stance with conviction. I'll need to review further.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [Day 10] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Also, beyond just identifying the last two cops, we need to be conscious of cop roles. It is imperative that the police chief be eliminated first if at all possible. And I think this is the best lead available:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:I think the most interesting chaindeath-relevant post Epi made was this one:
Epignosis wrote:Not all cops are created equal. One is responsible for extra arrest attempts. One isn't responsible for anything. When I look for bussing attempts, I look at the value of the role power in question when I'm making a judgment.

Time to cook.
This came in his response to my accusations that his aggression against Nero were manipulative. He suggested that Nero was bussing Dom to protect his other team mate chaindeath, and the reason he gave for this assertion was that he figured Dom had a weaker cop role. This came before Dom had flipped. We now know that Dom was the rookie cop, probably the weakest role on the cop team. Epi's foresight was striking in that regard. This might suggest he already knew that chaindeath had a stronger cop role than Dom did.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Nerolunar or chaindeath?
I'm still thinking of it as two among Nerolunar, chaindeath, and Elohcin. I think your confidence in Elohcin as a cop is stronger than mine is, though I understand your perspective. The unique spousal dynamic that is Epignosis/Elohcin makes me hesitate before taking a stance with conviction. I'll need to review further.
Yes, I'm also having a tough time assessing that. On the one hand, it would have been a pretty cheap move on Epi's part if he was a cop and used Elohcin's presence in this game to draw a mislynch and win the game, supposing she's town. But also, supposing she is a cop and he just wanted a mislynch, protecting her would be a prudent move. I am currently reading the whole "fake read" plan as a calculated move to pretend to assess her as town, thus buying some time to push for a mislynch elsewhere.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I had a fairly strong town read on Nerolunar around Day 1 or 2 that I have not forgotten about. I was confident about his towniness then, and when I look back through his posts I am still seeing the same things I saw then. But we're at a stage in the game where everyone's a suspect, so I can't not approach him with more skepticism than before.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:I am currently reading the whole "fake read" plan as a calculated move to pretend to assess her as town, thus buying some time to push for a mislynch elsewhere.
That's where I'm at as well. The plan he laid out never had a chance of coming to fruition because Elohcin was clearly never reading this thread either way. I am pretty sure Epignosis was well aware of that. This scenario gave him an opportunity to put her in a lynchable position, and he didn't take it. That would seem to be a meaningful thing.

As always, Turnip Head's perspective would be very valuable. Anyone's would be, but I specifically name him because of his experience playing with Epi.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:I had a fairly strong town read on Nerolunar around Day 1 or 2 that I have not forgotten about. I was confident about his towniness then, and when I look back through his posts I am still seeing the same things I saw then. But we're at a stage in the game where everyone's a suspect, so I can't not approach him with more skepticism than before.
Was it the same read that Epi pooh-poohed because of the references to Zodiac Mafia?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I had a fairly strong town read on Nerolunar around Day 1 or 2 that I have not forgotten about. I was confident about his towniness then, and when I look back through his posts I am still seeing the same things I saw then. But we're at a stage in the game where everyone's a suspect, so I can't not approach him with more skepticism than before.
Was it the same read that Epi pooh-poohed because of the references to Zodiac Mafia?
Yes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Going to sleep to dream dreams of a shackled and miserable warden. I hope this thread keeps moving, we're on the brink of a hell of a comeback. Let's finish it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hey Nero, why you putting the Prisoner in charge?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

Im on phone at school, I will get back to you when I get home
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Ricochet »

Warden! Should have known it was him, with all the Shawshank theme stuff...

I hope that first business of order for the new Warden will be to share a cup of old Warden's blood with us
:nicenod:
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Waking up to a lynched cop was the best thing that could happen! :beer: Well done. Im sorry I doubted for a moment but Im happy we got the right result anyways.

I voted for Prisoner to be the new warden, as I believe it is his right and he has had the most conflict with the warden in the prison. Its the only logical and morally right choice. I can´t see why an outsider like us should be the new warden.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The Prisoner will probably be thrown back in jail tonight, and then we'll just need to do this all over again. Plus he's not technically a townie so I don't know what is going to happen with his role if he's made the warden, or anything else. I think we should be putting the most safe and trusted townie in charge, and my personal bias says that's me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I agree with Sloonei. It'd be fantastic to reappear before the prisoners with the old warden dragged behind me, but it wouldn't serve much strategic purpose.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What do you think is the most like cop pairing left this morning?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That is a question for everyone, not just the prisoner. We've got two cops left (police chief and beat cop). For the moment it's 5 vs 2, or 4 vs 2 vs 1 depending on how you want to treat the Prisoner. This is the biggest advantage we've had pretty much all game, but we're not out of the woods yet. 2 of the players remaining are still bad. I think we can safely dismiss the Prisoner and Turnip Head, and I can't speak for everyone else but I don't think I'm a cop either. So that leaves us 2 cops among the 4 of chaindeath, Elohcin, Nerolunar, and Soneji. 2 out of those 4 are bad. Which 2?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

You could also ask yourself which 2 are good.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote:That is a question for everyone, not just the prisoner. We've got two cops left (police chief and beat cop). For the moment it's 5 vs 2, or 4 vs 2 vs 1 depending on how you want to treat the Prisoner. This is the biggest advantage we've had pretty much all game, but we're not out of the woods yet. 2 of the players remaining are still bad. I think we can safely dismiss the Prisoner and Turnip Head, and I can't speak for everyone else but I don't think I'm a cop either. So that leaves us 2 cops among the 4 of chaindeath, Elohcin, Nerolunar, and Soneji. 2 out of those 4 are bad. Which 2?
bump because new page, and i'm bored waiting for someone else to come in and say something.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Wow, nice job guys! Epi had me fooled. Sorry for missing the vote. My new laptop arrived today so I should be able to regularly contribute. Lots to think about with this flip :ponder:
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Sloonei wrote:That is a question for everyone, not just the prisoner. We've got two cops left (police chief and beat cop). For the moment it's 5 vs 2, or 4 vs 2 vs 1 depending on how you want to treat the Prisoner. This is the biggest advantage we've had pretty much all game, but we're not out of the woods yet. 2 of the players remaining are still bad. I think we can safely dismiss the Prisoner and Turnip Head, and I can't speak for everyone else but I don't think I'm a cop either. So that leaves us 2 cops among the 4 of chaindeath, Elohcin, Nerolunar, and Soneji. 2 out of those 4 are bad. Which 2?
I think Elohcin and Chaindeath are cops.
ImageImage

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

And if you dont want to be the Warden Im going to vote for Sloonei.
ImageImage

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Nerolunar wrote:
I think Elohcin and Chaindeath are cops.
So do I, but I'm having trouble being convinced that you're not a cop. So I'll ask this: What would you say has been your strategy in this game, and how have you used this to the benefit the town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Epi and Nero had a ton of interaction this game IIRC. Elohcin is the one I want to reread.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

Elo and chaindeath would be my picks for cops. I have felt good about Nero these last few phases and Epi flipping cop adds to that.

Return to “Previous Jobs”