30%

Total votes: 20
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [END] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

Totally shocked at the identity of 509378, did not see that coming, much gasping.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Soneji wrote:Epi and I very much hinted towards the Prisoner not mattering. The game would be heavily unbalanced if the Cops had to rely on the town to take out the Dons to win, as the Dons were immune to the actions of the cops. Neither faction of town can meet their wincon if only the Dons remained from each family, so Cops win by default if only one of them is alive against both Dons.
I was unaware of this all game long :shrug:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:Riiiiight. Now I'm even more confused than before. How did the Police win?
Neither civilian faction could win the game unless the opposing team's Don was dead, as stated in the public win con. That was mathematically impossible, given a chaindeath arrest meant that the only two living civilians left were each team's Don.

Since the Police had no way to actually rid the game of the Dons, Daisy and I told them that, as long as they took the game down to at least one of them being alive and the only civilians left are the two Dons, then they would win the game by default.

If all of the Police had died before it got to that point, but then the civilian factions still couldn't mathematically take out each other's Dons, then the game would have been a draw and no one would have won (except independent prisoners, if they happened to get paroled).

You all were too busy mislynching each other unintentionally to see the opposing team's Don as the threat that they really were. :mafia:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:
Soneji wrote:Epi and I very much hinted towards the Prisoner not mattering. The game would be heavily unbalanced if the Cops had to rely on the town to take out the Dons to win, as the Dons were immune to the actions of the cops. Neither faction of town can meet their wincon if only the Dons remained from each family, so Cops win by default if only one of them is alive against both Dons.
Do not share BTSC unless specified. Win when all of The Police and The Don from The Sockfaced Famiglia are dead or arrested, but only if their alive and free family members outnumber those of The Sockfaced Famiglia.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Prisoner 813142 wrote:Riiiiight. Now I'm even more confused than before. How did the Police win?
Neither civilian faction could win the game unless the opposing team's Don was dead, as stated in the public win con. That was mathematically impossible, given a chaindeath arrest meant that the only two living civilians left were each team's Don.

Since the Police had no way to actually rid the game of the Dons, Daisy and I told them that, as long as they took the game down to at least one of them being alive and the only civilians left are the two Dons, then they would win the game by default.

If all of the Police had died before it got to that point, but then the civilian factions still couldn't mathematically take out each other's Dons, then the game would have been a draw and no one would have won (except independent prisoners, if they happened to get paroled).

You all were too busy mislynching each other unintentionally to see the opposing team's Don as the threat that they really were. :mafia:
I wasn't a threat, what're you talking about I'm an angel!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

And hey, well played cops! There's no way anyone can tell you that you didn't deserve to win this game after the roll you got on post-Fuzz lynch. That was probably the most abysmal stretch I've ever witnessed.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

All of you were an absolute treat to host though. This game was ridiculously time consuming, but it was totally worth every second, and I was really hoping my team could pull it off. Unfortunately, you guys consistently kept looking in the wrong directions until it was too late. It was painful to watch.

I want to thank all of you: all of our players, replacements, and our original prisoners, for signing up for and participating in this game. You all were awesome.
:clap:
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Ricochet »

OH NO BOLIS WON Image

Sad for the civs. But hey JJJ and I are winners, nonetheless! Thanks for bailing me out, man, so lucky to have ended with you in cell and then simply having to earn your trust. :grin:

And G-Man, woo! And timmer? Wow. Woo!
Sloonei wrote:Totally shocked at the identity of 509378, did not see that coming, much gasping.
wot. wasn't it revealed on Day 6?

linki: omfg that sounds brutal. Civs losing by forgetting to eliminate each other, team-wise? Wow.

CAN I POST

PLEASE
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Do not share BTSC unless specified. Win when all of The Police and The Don from The Sockfaced Famiglia are dead or arrested, but only if their alive and free family members outnumber those of The Sockfaced Famiglia.
Yeah, I think both town teams were content with "we'll call it a tie and give nobody any banners as long as the cops don't win." All of the confusion will likely stem from that. :p
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

I had not idea if both dons survived, town couldn't win. I thought for sure if the cops were removed, they lost.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Yeah the civs all knew the opposing Don had to go. That wasn't the error. The error was in thinking the cops could win with the dons still in play. I suspect Sloonei and Turnip Head both expected nobody to win this game.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
I mean I did not know the Police would win in that 3 person scenario.

But I am also not complaining, just saying I messed up my outlook of the game. It was an adventure and I loved playing in this thing. I'm just glad we at least recovered well enough to identify all the baddies before game's end. It may have taken us a while, but we did it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Regarding the decision to end Day 12, I realized we could have technically ended the game Night 11, since even if a cop had been lynched D12, Soneji or Elohcin would just arrest the final non-Don civilian to win it all. But, especially since the Warden's death meant insta-prison break, I wanted it to play out one last cycle to see if any other independent prisoners could pull off a win grab.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Spacedaisy »

There were prisoners that started the game in the prison. These were independents. They had their own win condition to fulfill. They had to get rezzed in order to win. One thing we did not anticipate is that until Silverwolf, ika, Indi and llama, the arrested civilians seemed completely uninterested in even trying to get back into the main thread.

To explain our strict adherence to the no outing the fact you started in the main game, it could have made it nearly impossible for the indies to fulfill their win con. All it would take is someone outing the self and then all the civs file in and vote for the obvious formerly civ player. They had to be given an equal chance, which is why we set it up like that. The goal was for the prisoners to be released and prove their worth to the civilians during that day phase, without reveals they may have previously been in the game. I know that the two who were mod killed had not intended anything by the infraction, but we had to mod kill to preserve the balance of the mechanic. I'm very sorry to have upset you both with this.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Prisoner 483934 wrote:Prisoners had win conditions? Did I get one?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Yeah, I think both town teams were content with "we'll call it a tie and give nobody any banners as long as the cops don't win." All of the confusion will likely stem from that. :p
:nicenod: I was playing for a stalemate. My last resort was that I could wiggle my way to a victory if I became the Warden and had powers to abuse, but it turns out none of that was the case. That was the real reason I wanted it so bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
No. Only original prisoners did.

You had your same win con, arrested or free.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Could all the prisoners kindly clean up their account by deleting any PMs left in there and changing the password to "sock123"

MP has made the game threads public now.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
I mean I did not know the Police would win in that 3 person scenario.

But I am also not complaining, just saying I messed up my outlook of the game. It was an adventure and I loved playing in this thing. I'm just glad we at least recovered well enough to identify all the baddies before game's end. It may have taken us a while, but we did it.
Yeah, you all didn't get much of a chance to Don-hunt like Daisy and I were thinking would happen because the cops just wouldn't get lynched.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

BTW-I was the Daisy Stool Pidgeon but my role was switched to Hitman.

I did not think either ika or soneji acted in accordance with the Stool Pidgeon because I KNEW it was gleam due to my role. That's why I went hard against him and I expected that if my role was switched that the Stool Pidgeon would go to someone else who would know what I did and go after the traitor. Neither ika nor soneji fit the bill so that's why I suspected them.

ika outplayed his usual scum meta, his manipulative post showing he had a scum agenda is what got me plus the fact that he could NOT be the stool pidgeon, that's why I was so certain after jailbreak-because soneji was claiming stool pidgeon and he was not.

Also, when I posted after I was killed I did not see the post killing me, only the one saying a modkill needed to happen so I didn't know I was dead. I was not intentionally breaking rules there and I did not intentionally out my main.

Between that and the cops winning despite all dying, it's a tad frustrating to be honest.

That said, the game was very complex and I recogninze how hard the hosts worked to put it together for us so thank you both for that!!

This was interesting for my first game on this site and I hope to see you all in a future game. Also, can't wait to see the scum chat as well.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Banners have been created, MP just needs to upload them, we also have some special recognition for some outstanding performances in prison challenges as well. Stay tuned for those shortly.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Thanks for the game, hosts! I was a ton of fun to play in this role. The entire prison concept that you two devised is one of the coolest mechanics I've ever seen in a Mafia game, and to experience it as a "non-player" was so awesome. It was seriously a thrill to explode out of prison on Day 5 and flood this thread with prisoner chaos.

I can't believe I made 1,100 freaking posts in a game that I won before post #200, but whatever I'm me. :rolleyes:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Indeed, let me get those banners uploaded now.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
No. Only original prisoners did.

You had your same win con, arrested or free.
Gotcha, that makes more sense.

I would like to file a complaint to Sloonei the Don.

Day 3 challenge for the Capo: alternate posting with your partner (chaindeath), who posts in small quantities.
Day 4 challenge: be the lowest poster in the thread for the day phase.
Night 4: bam nightkilled. :sigh:

Thanks for the game MP and Spacedaisy (and sorry for killing your secret role on Night 1). I would have loved to have been more of a presence, but being AWOL for almost a week gave me no chance in the later phases of the game to make a comeback. Oh well. I'll accept the fact that I broke one of the rules right underneath your noses during the final prison break. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Spacedaisy wrote:There were prisoners that started the game in the prison. These were independents. They had their own win condition to fulfill. They had to get rezzed in order to win. One thing we did not anticipate is that until Silverwolf, ika, Indi and llama, the arrested civilians seemed completely uninterested in even trying to get back into the main thread.

To explain our strict adherence to the no outing the fact you started in the main game, it could have made it nearly impossible for the indies to fulfill their win con. All it would take is someone outing the self and then all the civs file in and vote for the obvious formerly civ player. They had to be given an equal chance, which is why we set it up like that. The goal was for the prisoners to be released and prove their worth to the civilians during that day phase, without reveals they may have previously been in the game. I know that the two who were mod killed had not intended anything by the infraction, but we had to mod kill to preserve the balance of the mechanic. I'm very sorry to have upset you both with this.
I understand but you have to understand, and I told you via PM, how extremely frustrating that was for me. I finally get back in the game and am killed for something that was very unintentional with a very vague rule. Makes it really no fun after all the work I put in both in the game and in prison.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Re: [NIGHT 12] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 208986 wrote:Timmer I knew that was you! And G-Man you are a lot of fun to play with. Sorry I did not get back from my funeral in time to vote. Just the way things go sometimes in life.
Thanks! I so wanted to spring you with me but I felt that 920 had truly earned it from his efforts in the first prison break.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: [NIGHT 12] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by juliets »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:
Prisoner 208986 wrote:Timmer I knew that was you! And G-Man you are a lot of fun to play with. Sorry I did not get back from my funeral in time to vote. Just the way things go sometimes in life.
Thanks! I so wanted to spring you with me but I felt that 920 had truly earned it from his efforts in the first prison break.
Oh yes I agree totally.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

This is how I felt on Day 11:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Silverwolf wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:There were prisoners that started the game in the prison. These were independents. They had their own win condition to fulfill. They had to get rezzed in order to win. One thing we did not anticipate is that until Silverwolf, ika, Indi and llama, the arrested civilians seemed completely uninterested in even trying to get back into the main thread.

I understand but you have to understand, and I told you via PM, how extremely frustrating that was for me. I finally get back in the game and am killed for something that was very unintentional with a very vague rule. Makes it really no fun after all the work I put in both in the game and in prison.
It wasn't a vague rule; I killed Long Con right in front of you for it, but that's neither here nor there. I have no intention to argue about it, just clarifying that we both thought it was 100% clear.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:This is how I felt on Day 11:
:haha:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

And yeah, thanks a bunch for the game both of you. This was one of the wackiest and most stimulating setups I've ever played. I never had any idea what was going on.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yo, winners, check it out!

Wear it with pride. :slick:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Anyhoo, I don't have much to report. MP invited me to play and I was like "naw maan I can't" and then he let me in on the prison aspect and indy separate game and I was like "sold!".

Prison game was fun and I have to thank Long Con for helping us big time to achieve our third challenge and break free. Real sad to see he derped into a modkill, soon after.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes during the break cycle, particularly Golden (I did all that in good jest), but I knew I had no chance achieving parole with P50 basically stealing the limelight and becoming the new reflector himself. Then again, I knew I had to be at least a bit active as to earn some parole votes and JJJ's benediction (MP sending me that PM about whom I parole myself got me thinking right away that a second parole will occur and I might be the top paroled's doing, so....).

As I wrote in the thread at the time of my parole, I wouldn't have continued to play in the main game, if I would have had a choice (I didn't, because JJJ won the parole and chose to stay, so I had to fly away), sorry. Of course, I hid that fact even from Sockyhost, when he asked me in theory. Gotta say, though, I love me some wingrabs, I think I haven't failed a single time, so far, to win a game with a win grab con.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

All three of the other paroled independents deserved it and I'm very glad you guys made it out.

One more confession, civvies: while I was definitely on your side in this game, there was one motive I had that you did not -- get my independent brothers/sisters from the start out of prison and into the win column. Paroling actual townies instead of us would have been a better strategic choice; we knew we had to stand out however we could.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Yo, winners, check it out!

Wear it with pride. :slick:
Yassss numero 6!

Easiest one I ever achieved, too. :grin:
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

It wasn't a vague rule; I killed Long Con right in front of you for it, but that's neither here nor there. I have no intention to argue about it, just clarifying that we both thought it was 100% clear.
Fine, but I wasn't outing my main in any way. I would of killed me for a different post though so I'm leaving it alone and letting it go. I do not want to fight over it. I did want my side of things here and now I'm done with this issue.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Saito »

Hyyyaaaaa
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sorry i spent so much time and energy trying to get you lynched, quin and sig.

That CFD was amazing but it kinda doomed me personally in this game. It caused me to shake up so many of my reads from earlier in the game, and it turned out all of my new ideas were wrong and my old ones were much more on the right track.

Soneji had me fooled the whole time though. If it weren't for those last day shenanigans I was never going to vote for him. Very well played Soneji and the rest of you cops.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm voting Sloonei until he responds to my complaint. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Furthermore, we have a special banner for prisoners who contributed significantly to the entire prison's success throughout various challenges...!!

Daisy and I went through all of the challenges and identified the prisoners we think were crucial to the entire team's success in breaking out of prison. Here is the list. If your name is on it at least once, you are free to wear this banner!

Day 2 - N/A
Day 3 - DharmaHelper, timmer
Day 4 - Long Con

Day 6 - a2thezebra, DharmaHelper, G-Man
Day 7 - a2thezebra, bea, G-Man, juliets, Typhoony
Day 8 - N/A
Day 9 - N/A
Day 10 - N/A
Day 11 - ika, Silverwolf, S~V~S, Typhoony

Congratulations to our prison thugs...

a2thezebra, bea, DharmaHelper, G-Man, ika, juliets, Long Con, Silverwolf, timmer, and Typhoony!!!!

Wear the banner with pride. :slick:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:All three of the other paroled independents deserved it and I'm very glad you guys made it out.

One more confession, civvies: while I was definitely on your side in this game, there was one motive I had that you did not -- get my independent brothers/sisters from the start out of prison and into the win column. Paroling actual townies instead of us would have been a better strategic choice; we knew we had to stand out however we could.
Nah, paroling townies wouldn't have been much more of an advantage to us. I asked and it turns out even paroled townies would have remained anonymous and unaffiliated.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

I told you all "CFD" is foolishness. :feb:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm voting Sloonei until he responds to my complaint. :grin:
Do not speak to the Don like this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Furthermore, we have a special banner for prisoners who contributed significantly to the entire prison's success throughout various challenges...!!

Daisy and I went through all of the challenges and identified the prisoners we think were crucial to the entire team's success in breaking out of prison. Here is the list. If your name is on it at least once, you are free to wear this banner!

Day 2 - N/A
Day 4 - Long Con

Day 8 - N/A
Day 9 - N/A
Day 10 - N/A

a2thezebra, bea, DharmaHelper, G-Man, ika, juliets, Long Con, Silverwolf, timmer, and Typhoony!!!!

Awesome-Thanks!!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Furthermore, we have a special banner for prisoners who contributed significantly to the entire prison's success throughout various challenges...!!

Day 2 - N/A
Day 4 - Long Con

Day 8 - N/A
Day 9 - N/A
Day 10 - N/A

I demand to see the prison
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Epignosis wrote:I told you all "CFD" is foolishness. :feb:
You're still wrong. :beer:

Well actually I'm usually not a fan. The CFD wasn't the problem in this game though, it was the townies' reads following the CFD. Now they've all seen it before, next time they'll be better prepared. :dark:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 8

Post by DharmaHelper »

Goddamn right.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Speaking of prison, I'm generally very happy with the way that mechanic played out. That was all Daisy's idea from the getgo, and it was brilliant.

I must say that the independent prisoners fought harder in prison and in the main game than I ever anticipated, and I was a bit disappointed at how players from the main game seemed to stop caring once they entered prison... even though it was for a resurrection!! And especially considering how upset people get when they die in games, I figured civilians would be all over this. A few of them were, but overall it surprised me and they were generally less engaged than I anticipated.

We thought the mechanic was fairly civilian-friendly which was why we were so harsh about the outing or hinting identity rules. None of the civilians even came close to a resurrection!

Anyway, I plan on continuing dead mechanics to keep players involved after they "die" in future games, so if any of you independent prisoners or thugs from the main game who died and then entered prison have feedback, please let us know.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Silverwolf wrote:

Day 2 - N/A
Day 4 - Long Con

Day 8 - N/A
Day 9 - N/A
Day 10 - N/A

Awesome-Thanks!!
:beer:

Return to “Previous Jobs”