55%

Total votes: 11
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Downton Abbey Mafia (Night 1)

Post by Long Con »

Sorry for the quote error there. Not to hard to decipher though.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 242
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

If I die tonight, I blame the Marmot
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:I want to lynch Black Rock tomorrow. Who is with me in this endeavor?
Nay, said the Walrus.
Long Con wrote:
"Mudslinging." Tell me what that means.
Mudslinging. Mud, in this context, is a substance that makes one look bad on the surface, just as mud does to your clothes. When you sling mud, you say things that are designed to make someone look bad on the surface, but does little real caring about the truth of the matter. In your case, saying that Black Rock casting a vote for me is suspicious as distancing despite our history not supporting that, and suggesting for all that we're being smart baddies and intentionally subverting our game and our meta. Because that's bullshit, it's mudslinging. I don't even think you believe it.
I do believe that Prim and Proper Long Con and I are on the same page on the matter

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 486

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Neither Flash nor Monopoly were Mafia games.
Kind of dickish to say, but ok, then I don't remember the last time we were bad together.
Monopoly was more "Last Team Standing" with token Mafias. Flash was not an informed minority versus an uninformed majority, which is the heart of Mafia.
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:"Mudslinging." Tell me what that means.
Mudslinging. Mud, in this context, is a substance that makes one look bad on the surface, just as mud does to your clothes. When you sling mud, you say things that are designed to make someone look bad on the surface, but does little real caring about the truth of the matter. In your case, saying that Black Rock casting a vote for me is suspicious as distancing despite our history not supporting that, and suggesting for all that we're being smart baddies and intentionally subverting our game and our meta. Because that's bullshit, it's mudslinging. I don't even think you believe it.
You can use whatever verbs you want to describe what I'm doing, but I believe what I believe. My job is to figure out why people voted the way they voted. Black Rock voted for you late in the Day when you had almost no chance of being lynched. When I asked her if she was okay lynching you, she said she couldn't answer the question. Then she voted me, suggesting that I was trying to save a teammate, which suggests in turn that her suspicion of you wasn't genuine. I think she expected to slip in and vote quietly for you and move on without incident. And she was gravely mistaken. :smoky:

Regarding history, If it were that easy- to determine who, by their history, is being bad- then we can wrap this up and all go back to shooting grouse. But it isn't that easy, and you know it. That you allude to a history you yourself admit to not remembering is not helping you. That you allude to history at all, which can be easily subverted, wouldn't help you anyway.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sorsha wrote:Sorry I missed the vote. I was sleeping, bad poll end time for me :(
Yet you had plenty of discussion over bwt and DFaraday just earlier in the day. You know votes are changeable, right? I'm very surprised people miss votes- especially in a 48 hour phase- when votes can be moved around at will.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Neither Flash nor Monopoly were Mafia games.
Kind of dickish to say, but ok, then I don't remember the last time we were bad together.
Monopoly was more "Last Team Standing" with token Mafias. Flash was not an informed minority versus an uninformed majority, which is the heart of Mafia.
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:"Mudslinging." Tell me what that means.
You can use whatever verbs you want to describe what I'm doing, but I believe what I believe. My job is to figure out why people voted the way they voted. Black Rock voted for you late in the Day when you had almost no chance of being lynched. When I asked her if she was okay lynching you, she said she couldn't answer the question. Then she voted me, suggesting that I was trying to save a teammate, which suggests in turn that her suspicion of you wasn't genuine. I think she expected to slip in and vote quietly for you and move on without incident. And she was gravely mistaken. :smoky:

Regarding history, If it were that easy- to determine who, by their history, is being bad- then we can wrap this up and all go back to shooting grouse. But it isn't that easy, and you know it. That you allude to a history you yourself admit to not remembering is not helping you. That you allude to history at all, which can be easily subverted, wouldn't help you anyway.
Who do you think actually won the American Revolutionary War, if you argue that history is easily subverted?

Hell, I invented the coffee maker! Just don't expect history books to tell you about it!

Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Nerolunar »

RIP Bwt. Better luck next time! :beer:

To be honest Im having trouble generating reads this game :| I feel like the thread is moving very slowly compared to the last few games I have played. Give me some time and will contribute more, it feels like Im grasping at air whenever I think about reading people. You guys are good.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 99

Post by thellama73 »

Polo wrote:Lynching on day 1 is dumb and the probability of actually killing a mafioso instead of a civ (or even the doctor) is too low to be good. I think it's better to play it safe on day 1 and make use of the civs' night powers to find out who's mafia.
Yeah, it's much smarter to give the mafia a headstart on killing. Really, we should let them kill four or five times before trying to lynch them.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Downton Abbey Mafia

Post by thellama73 »

Illyria wrote: I have never read BWT right, this game proves no exception.
This was posted before the lynch result. How do you know you were not reading him right, when you didn't know his alignment?

Or did you know his alignment after all? :ponder:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Polo »

thellama73 wrote:
Polo wrote:Lynching on day 1 is dumb and the probability of actually killing a mafioso instead of a civ (or even the doctor) is too low to be good. I think it's better to play it safe on day 1 and make use of the civs' night powers to find out who's mafia.
Yeah, it's much smarter to give the mafia a headstart on killing. Really, we should let them kill four or five times before trying to lynch them.
They got their headstart by lynching a civ on day 1.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 153

Post by Dom »

This is such a pointless conversation in the context of the game. We discussed this already, didn't we?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Polo wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
They got their headstart by lynching a civ on day 1.
By that logic, any lynch that doesn't catch a mafia we shouldn't have, and since most lynches don't, we probably shouldn't have any of them.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:This is such a pointless conversation in the context of the game. We discussed this already, didn't we?
I'd be careful about stifling discussion with S~V~S as the MoD. :)

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

lol, I just thought we hashed this out already like how is it relevant to this game
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:lol, I just thought we hashed this out already like how is it relevant to this game
That's actually a pretty good point.

So, changing the subject. What do you think of the quote I pulled from Iluvatar? Possible slip?

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote:lol, I just thought we hashed this out already like how is it relevant to this game
That's actually a pretty good point.

So, changing the subject. What do you think of the quote I pulled from Iluvatar? Possible slip?
I actually had to check your ISO to find it-- missed it the first read through.

That's... interesting. I'd love to hear what Illy has to say about it. I will confirm, in general, she is a much better civ than baddie.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Silverwolf »

Scotty wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Sorry I missed the vote. I was sleeping, bad poll end time for me :(
Yet you had plenty of discussion over bwt and DFaraday just earlier in the day. You know votes are changeable, right? I'm very surprised people miss votes- especially in a 48 hour phase- when votes can be moved around at will.
What I do, when I know I'm gonna be away at deadline is say I won't be here and make sure my vote is where I want it before I go and where I think it needs to be at deadline. Then I don't worry about it. Seems like a simple enough solution. If anything changes that close to deadline, there isn't much more you can do if you aren't here.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Dom wrote:This is such a pointless conversation in the context of the game. We discussed this already, didn't we?
I don't consider any game relevant conversation pointless. It helps me get a real on polo for example. He seems like newbtown. Without talking to him about this, it would be harder to get such a read.

I really don't think this game has been overly active or there's a need to stifle discussion. Right?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

When I get some time I'm gonna ISO LC and Epi here and in Turf Wars. I feel there is some good info. to be had with their conversation and I want to be able to look into that more.

Polo-The only ones that benefit from NLing are scum.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Silverwolf wrote:
I don't consider any game relevant conversation pointless. It helps me get a real on polo for example. He seems like newbtown. Without talking to him about this, it would be harder to get such a read.

I really don't think this game has been overly active or there's a need to stifle discussion. Right?
I don't think it's stifling discussion-- I think it's asking that Polo comment on on-topic material.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Elohcin »

There's just three hours to get your night actions in.
Remember, nights will be 23 hours, not 24. However, the host post will be a little later (7:45pm or so). Simon has wrestling.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Illyria »

thellama73 wrote:
This was posted before the lynch result. How do you know you were not reading him right, when you didn't know his alignment?

No idea on his alignment before the lynch. I was stating I have never read him right, I was all over the place on his alignment as I read through the thread. So yeah, this game is right on track for me. Huzzah.

Also, what name did you call me? :goofp:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Illyria wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

No idea on his alignment before the lynch. I was stating I have never read him right, I was all over the place on his alignment as I read through the thread. So yeah, this game is right on track for me. Huzzah.

Also, what name did you call me? :goofp:
I couldn't remember your name, so I used the name of the All Father in the Silmarillion. Iluvatar.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 217
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

I don't think it's stifling discussion-- I think it's asking that Polo comment on on-topic material.
How trifling, this stifling. :confused:

How do you read Polo in this moment, based on what he has brought to the table?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 132

Post by sig »

Dom wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

I disagree with you here Silver, I don't see that as newbtown. I think it is just a cultural difference and he'd have this view regardless of experience/alignment. I've played with very experienced players who hold this view and no matter what happens they vote no lynch day 1.

However, I don't see how this helps get a read on him. It could easily be used as a type of filler to remain relevant and seen, but not discuss anything on topic.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:I want to lynch Black Rock tomorrow. Who is with me in this endeavor?
No. You're an ass Epig. I have to admit probably a civvie ass. Last time you were bad you were nice to me. I hope I don't have to prove you wrong by you getting my ass hanged.

Before I get in trouble for calling Epig an ass. I didn't call him an asshole which totally mean but just an ass. Which is not meant to be mean on a personal level. I think Epig can handle it.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nope. I'm telling. :pout:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:Nope. I'm telling. :pout:
Just when I thought you were cool. :p
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Silverwolf has been nightkilled.
It is now Day 2. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
PMs will be out shortly.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Crap! What was Silverwolf's role?
Elohcin
Hitman

Downton Abbey Mafia - Polls

Post by Elohcin »

DAY 1

Poll ended at Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:44 pm

birdwithteeth11
Spacedaisy (8), Metalmarsh89 (10), DFaraday (11), Dom (13), Scotty (14), Nerolunar (15), Matt (19)
30%

Black Rock
Epignosis (20), Illyria (21), DrWilgy (23)
13%

Bubbles
No votes

DFaraday
Long Con (5), birdwithteeth11 (6), thellama73 (7), Silverwolf (9), sig (16)
22%

Dom
ika (1)
4%

DrWilgy
LoRab (17)
4%

Epignosis
Black Rock (22)
4%

Illyria
No votes

ika
No votes

Long Con
No votes

Lorab
No votes

Matt
No votes

Metalmarsh89
No votes

Nerolunar
No votes

Polo
Polo (18)
4%

Scotty
No votes

sig
No votes

Silverwolf
No votes

Sorsha
No votes

Spacedaisy
No votes

thellama73
No votes

Host/Non-Player/Dead
S~V~S (2), MovingPictures07 (3), Golden (4), Elohcin (12)
Elohcin
Hitman

Re: Downton Abbey Mafia (Day 2)

Post by Elohcin »

That's a good question.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

RIP Silverwolf

Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Elohcin wrote:That's a good question.
This is interesting...
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I guess we can rule out Ika as being mafia, then, can't we?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I have reason to believe that Silverwolf was not Professor McGonnagall.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:I guess we can rule out Ika as being mafia, then, can't we?
I didn't think he was mafia before Night 1, and the kill choice hasn't changed my mind.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Silverwolf was actually Jean Brodie.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

All PMs have been sent out. If you have not received a PM but think you should have, please let me know. Here is a little something from our Edith.
When I sat down tonight to look over the events that led up to one of our citizens dying, I wasn't sure what I was going to say. I believe that a monster was spreading fear in the hearts of the innocent. Speaking of spreading fear, I already see Epignosis calling for those to blindly follow him.

Epignosis wrote:
I want to lynch Black Rock tomorrow. Who is with me in this endeavor?

Please don't. I believe his theory is unjust and following Epig will lynch another civillian.

Who is the murderer? Is it Epignosis? Is it Long Con? Could be. Both of them have had history of treachery. Maybe it's someone you might think is harmless like Daisy, Bubbles, or LoRab. Could be the newly arrived Illyria. It's too early to tell. I hope we have better luck tomorrow.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Well I for one won't be voting for Black Rock today.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Well I for one won't be voting for Black Rock today.
Did you send that message?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Why are you asking unanswerable question?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Well, I'm one of those rare sorts that actually listens to messengers who say something useful.

Edith didn't say anything about Long Con, however.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I mean, Edith did say something about Long Con, but you get the idea.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:Well, I'm one of those rare sorts that actually listens to messengers who say something useful.

Technically she did. :P

But she didn't say anything about not lynching him if that's what you meant.

Linki: yeah that

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Epignosis wrote:Well, I'm one of those rare sorts that actually listens to messengers who say something useful.

She also said the same thing about you. So it is odd your going to lynch LC. :ponder:
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:

She also said the same thing about you. So it is odd your going to lynch LC. :ponder:
It isn't odd at all. I'm not going to lynch my damn self, now am I?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Why are you asking unanswerable question?
I read too much philosophy, probably.

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:

But, it can easily be turned on you as well. Especially since she spends more time talking about you then LC. Also it seems strange for you to blindly follow an unknown civ who has no additional information.

For those who have played more with Epi, does he usually do this when there is a messenger role?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:

But, it can easily be turned on you as well. Especially since she spends more time talking about you then LC. Also it seems strange for you to blindly follow an unknown civ who has no additional information.

For those who have played more with Epi, does he usually do this when there is a messenger role?
If you think I'm voting Long Con because of what Edith said, you are mistaken.

Return to “Previous Jobs”