Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I also noticed in my pop ins that ika and Silverwolf have followed each other all over the board in votes. Is that a correct assessment?
I have no idea, but that wouldn't surprise me either.

What do you think about this if it is true?
Nothing yet. I don't want Silverwolf to all caps my ass.
ika will probably lowercase your ass, so you're fine. :P

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Epignosis »

What would be helpful is if each person said in a single sentence whom they want me to vote and why.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:What would be helpful is if each person said in a single sentence whom they want me to vote and why.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 237

Post by sig »

Silverwolf wrote:
sig wrote:So how about a counterwagon onto Soneji? Now that he has made a less then inspiring entrance.
Why would you want to start a cw? Is IAWY that strong town to you? And why not give Sonjei time to catch up?
Are you serious right now? YOU are lynching IAWY when he isn't here or caught up. And you make it seem bad I'm saying the same thing? :eye:
ImageImage
Frog
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Frog »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Frog wrote:lynch this. there are no "civilian"
That's what they call themselves here. A bunch of people have said it, or called it civ.

Vote Zebra
- Kisses :cloud9:
I mean... it's Vanilla Town, not civilian. Might as well have claimed other impossible roles to have had like Dragon. Fuck it, I'm claiming Dragon. :-P

Also, Marshmellow took a dump on my lawn, lynch that dude for justice!
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Dyslexicon »

ika wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Also, what do we get out of lynching INAWORD? If he's scum, then yay, we get scum so that's good. But if he's town we don't really get anything.

Don't really think MM is scum (haven't read all his posts though).
we remove someone whos doing jack shit in a game

i will 100% persue someone not posting then someone posting.

jsut join us plz we can do zebra tommorw
No, we can do Zebra now. If INAWORD flips town then we're at the same place tomorrow. He's just null, he may be scum, may be town, but the case is largely "meh" at this point and it's kind of lazy for a D1, just hoping to get lucky.
Marco
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Marco »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Marco wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:It didn't occur to me that I might actually be lynched until 20 minutes ago or so. But on the other hand, I don't like to act rashly (though I admit I do sometimes anyway), so if I don't seem "urgent" to you, that would be why.

But I am disappointed in the situation, yes.
How come? You and MP were leading in votes. And then you tried to get a wagon started on Sloonei? Did that have nothing to do with the wagon on you?
I'm not really sure to be honest. But from the general feel I had of the game at the time, the table was still wide open. MP had several votes, but he still had people defending him (namely zebra), and he put the time into ISOing players to dispel that suspicion (I'm still waiting to hear where those votes went). I also had a few votes, but the votes were for acclaimed placeholder votes until I was able to participate. It felt like pressure, which did dissipate.
Sounds reasonable. I might be scrunching up the timeline in my head because I skimmed through the last 8-10 hours of game very fast, too.
MetalMarsh89 wrote:I couldn't tell you why the votes came back though. I'm at a loss there.
Well, I explained my vote on you already.
Frog has had his vote on you forever, mostly following his "slanker" lead.
sig voted you to save zebra/MP and later found your actions scummier (voting Frog, the points I mentioned, etc)
zebra was wasting her vote on someone. Decided to switch to you because of aforementioned reasons.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I have 80 minutes to play some mafia. I'm not reading the thread, but somebody tell me what's going on and why I should vote for people.
You should vote for Zebra. Sheep me, please. <3

The why is in my ISO.
Give me the abridged version
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

EBWOP: please
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Soneji »

sig wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
sig wrote:So how about a counterwagon onto Soneji? Now that he has made a less then inspiring entrance.
Why would you want to start a cw? Is IAWY that strong town to you? And why not give Sonjei time to catch up?
Are you serious right now? YOU are lynching IAWY when he isn't here or caught up. And you make it seem bad I'm saying the same thing? :eye:
So are you actually going to get around to moving your vote to me or are you going to try and wait for someone else to do your dirty work?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Soneji isn't caught up either. :eye:

:P

Linki @Marco: sig later found my actions suspicious? Well isn't that convenient...

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Frog wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Frog wrote:lynch this. there are no "civilian"
That's what they call themselves here. A bunch of people have said it, or called it civ.

Vote Zebra
- Kisses :cloud9:
I mean... it's Vanilla Town, not civilian. Might as well have claimed other impossible roles to have had like Dragon. Fuck it, I'm claiming Dragon. :-P

Also, Marshmellow took a dump on my lawn, lynch that dude for justice!
"civilian" is just the standard word for "town" here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

And yes Epi they keep voting with each other every time, I dislike this. To easy for one to be scum and just follow the other. To answer your question he isn't a strong town no but lynching a new player to the site via CFD when he isn't even around leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Plus he is townier then MM. And I don't like CFDs.

I want you to vote for MM, since he is most likely mafia due to his play.

linki: There is a better chance to lynch MM and he is still above you in my mafia reads. THOUGH I do dislike your last post this is almost always said by mafia.
ImageImage
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Sloonei wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I have 80 minutes to play some mafia. I'm not reading the thread, but somebody tell me what's going on and why I should vote for people.

The why is in my ISO.
here you go.

And this should demonstrate 3 things:

1) I am town
2) Marshmellow is scum
3) Ponies will rule the world in the next 50 years
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'll be back in an hour. I'll make my decision then.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
You're my top scumread, but don't vote for me please.
Why and why not?
Because I'm a civilian, and I can dance for you. :workit:
Why am I your top scum read?
The case I posted against you which resulted in you voting for zebra.

Another point I posted later: Frog is your top suspect. Why did you question ika wert voting for MP, but readily go through Frog's list of players to vote and choose your target?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Fine though if nobody wants to listen to me and switch there vote, then we can get to lynching the mafia tomorrow starting with those who are voting for Inaword, I'd actually right now like to lynch Silver. If either herself or Soneji flip mafia I'm confident the other is.

I could also see MM being mafia even if inaword does flip, which is why he didn't vote for him and tried to move it away from inaword a bit.
ImageImage
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Soneji wrote:
Marco wrote:
Soneji wrote:In regards to avoiding major wagons, you mean the sole two that have more than a couple votes? Why should I exactly care to be voting for either, rather than the person I personally suspect the most at this moment?
In my opinion, you can make your suspicions well known without needing to waste your vote. Even though you might not have a strong feeling towards any of the major wagons, at least voting among them gives you some agency over town's greatest weapon, the lynch, and also helps the rest of the people in reading you.
Yet, considering the time left, my lynch choice was and is still able to garner enough votes to be the actual person lynched. I have still yet to get to where the MM suspicion starts, might just ISO him if I don't get there in time. IAWY I have already been pinged by so in the case of choosing between the two as of now, it would be him.
First, I wasn't saying you're wasting your vote. I was just explaining why one should care to vote between wagons he doesn't care about if people aren't following his suspicion.

Second, and this is my opinion but I think majority share it, we shouldn't be lynching Frog today. He is on the top of majority's town lists and has given a lot of activity, so he has more value alive than dead in the absence of a conclusive case.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

sig wrote:Fine though if nobody wants to listen to me and switch there vote, then we can get to lynching the mafia tomorrow starting with those who are voting for Inaword, I'd actually right now like to lynch Silver. If either herself or Soneji flip mafia I'm confident the other is.

I could also see MM being mafia even if inaword does flip, which is why he didn't vote for him and tried to move it away from inaword a bit.
If it helps, Soneji's activity is not at all indicative of his alignment.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Marco wrote:
sig wrote:Fine though if nobody wants to listen to me and switch there vote, then we can get to lynching the mafia tomorrow starting with those who are voting for Inaword, I'd actually right now like to lynch Silver. If either herself or Soneji flip mafia I'm confident the other is.

If it helps, Soneji's activity is not at all indicative of his alignment.
Okay thanks. This makes me less likely to lynch him today. I'd much rather we go with MM.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

The inawordyes wagon was an out of nowhere "Hey, who wants to CFD somebody?" I was trying to lynch Sloonei before Yes had any votes.

Why does it not bother you that this happened, and what about the people that voted on it? This wagon is leading one of your top suspects after all.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:

The why is in my ISO.
I'll try, but it's very much you should read it yourself. So she self voted stating that she would much rather lynch herself than MP cause he was such a strong town read. She makes a point of not having any scum reads so that's why she votes herself, she also makes a point of saying that if she was scum she would fabricate a scum read instead. So this is trying to come off as sacrificial town. She says she thought one of her or MP would be lynched, however there was plenty of time before day end at this point (she claims to not know how long it was). What follows is kind of a sift through lurkers to find someone else than her and MP to lynch. Zebra defends quite a lot of lurkers, and I believe she is playing it up as her not wanting to move over to "easy targets" painting herself more as sacrificial town. She mentions that voting lurkers is bad because the info you get from them is so scarce. However what happens is she decides to vote MM (who is arguably a lurker at this point), and she says she is ok with lynching LC (also lurker). The wagon on Zebra dissolves, and at the end of it she has zero votes.

I believe she is trying to come across as town, and it doesn't read genuine to me. At the point when she voted herself she also had been in discussion with a few players (Frog, Golden) enough to at least have some suspicion on them imo, or she could find a better target than herself.

I seem to be the only one suspecting her now, and she isn't reaction well to my suspicion imo. See in my ISO my post that has pretty colors. Basically I see her doing a lot of "Why do you say I'm doing X?" when I have accused her of doing Y.

Brevity is not a skill that I possess.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm not a lurker. :pout:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Frog wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:

The why is in my ISO.
here you go.

And this should demonstrate 3 things:

1) I am town
2) Marshmellow is scum
3) Ponies will rule the world in the next 50 years
That is the debridged version.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The Day 1 deadline is in 57 minutes at precisely 10:00 PM Eastern US/Canada time.

I will accept votes at 10:00 but not at 10:01. All votes must be cast in the thread and in the poll. Please try to capitalize all votes AND use the large font size.

The wi-fi here is horrible right now, so bear with me at EOD.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

@MM, have you made a rainbow list?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marco wrote:@MM, have you made a rainbow list?
Ooh! Thanks for the reminder. I'll post one now.

Also, that post from JaggedJimmyJay gave me paws.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Let me lay down some mech for you.

If this is V/V between IAWY and Marshemellow, I don't expect scum to be voting on either wagon for fear of suspicion.

If this is W/V (as in either IAWY or Marshmellow is scum) - expect pushback and pressure lynch one over the other. Also expect discrediting of people on the wolf wagon from wolves themselves.

The more we swap votes around, the more pressure we can see and the more valuable VCA (vote count analysis) we'll have for tomorrow.

I'm inclined to say everyone voting IAWY and Marshmellow if V/V - are probably town

I'm not inclined to believe this is V/V, I believe this is W/V

I certainly don't believe this is W/W, however.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
You're my top scumread, but don't vote for me please.
Why and why not?
Because I'm a civilian, and I can dance for you. :workit:
Why am I your top scum read?
The case I posted against you which resulted in you voting for zebra.

Another point I posted later: Frog is your top suspect. Why did you question ika wert voting for MP, but readily go through Frog's list of players to vote and choose your target?
Then I've already responded. [urlhttp://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php ... 81#p265081]click[/url] [urlhttp://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php ... 19#p265119]click[/url]
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 3

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Marco wrote:@MM, have you made a rainbow list?
Ooh! Thanks for the reminder. I'll post one now.

Also, that post from JaggedJimmyJay gave me paws.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I've made a rainbow list.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Well I messed that up. click? click?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Honestly I'm just looking forward to people dying. Too many players to keep track of.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Here is a rainbow list.

Marco
Epignosis
Dyslexicon
Silverwolf
Soneji

Zexy
DrWilgy
Frog
Golden
Inawordyes

ika
Psittaciform
sig
a2thezebra
MovingPictures07

Sloonei

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Epignosis wrote:I've made a rainbow list.
Is there no rep system on this board?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 528

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I really hope you all will reconsider who you will lynch today.
Are you talking about IAWY or yourself?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by ika »

Marco wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I've made a rainbow list.
Is there no rep system on this board?
thats the last thing needed on a site
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote:Well I messed that up. click? click?
At the time, it was a tie.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:

The why is in my ISO.
I'll try, but it's very much you should read it yourself. So she self voted stating that she would much rather lynch herself than MP cause he was such a strong town read. She makes a point of not having any scum reads so that's why she votes herself, she also makes a point of saying that if she was scum she would fabricate a scum read instead. So this is trying to come off as sacrificial town. She says she thought one of her or MP would be lynched, however there was plenty of time before day end at this point (she claims to not know how long it was). What follows is kind of a sift through lurkers to find someone else than her and MP to lynch. Zebra defends quite a lot of lurkers, and I believe she is playing it up as her not wanting to move over to "easy targets" painting herself more as sacrificial town. She mentions that voting lurkers is bad because the info you get from them is so scarce. However what happens is she decides to vote MM (who is arguably a lurker at this point), and she says she is ok with lynching LC (also lurker). The wagon on Zebra dissolves, and at the end of it she has zero votes.

I believe she is trying to come across as town, and it doesn't read genuine to me. At the point when she voted herself she also had been in discussion with a few players (Frog, Golden) enough to at least have some suspicion on them imo, or she could find a better target than herself.

I seem to be the only one suspecting her now, and she isn't reaction well to my suspicion imo. See in my ISO my post that has pretty colors. Basically I see her doing a lot of "Why do you say I'm doing X?" when I have accused her of doing Y.

Brevity is not a skill that I possess.
What if I told you that this sort of thing is not atypical of zebra? I do not disagree that she is a reasonable suspect, and my vote for her earlier wasn't entirely baseless, but what you just described is something that I can believably see zebra doing as a townie. I've played many games with that zebra and the aggressive behavior you are describing is not atypical.

I can get behind the theory that she is trying to present an image as a "sacrificial town", but I do not think that has to be the case when reading her.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Marco wrote:Either way, I don't see how expecting you to be available at EOD is a difficult standard.
It's a ridiculous standard. If rl calls me away from EOD, rl wins.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here is a rainbow list.

Marco
Epignosis
Dyslexicon
Silverwolf
Soneji

Zexy
DrWilgy
Frog
Golden
Inawordyes

ika
Psittaciform
sig
a2thezebra
MovingPictures07

Sloonei
I can't take this rainbow seriously when the most confident bottom read is so wrong.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Whoops, I got my resposes mixed up. This was directed at Golden.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
huh?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

@MetalMarsh, how highly would you rate your own scum-game? And can you describe one or two of your best scum performances, preferably with links to them?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Whoops, I got my resposes mixed up. This was directed at Golden.
:haha: I get why I don't get it now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

PSI, you asked me to play this game. I'm having many sads about you not showing up.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:I can't take this rainbow seriously
said no one ever.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I don't think I've ever seen a scummy marmot. Maybe once, on RYM a while ago.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:I also noticed in my pop ins that ika and Silverwolf have followed each other all over the board in votes. Is that a correct assessment?
They definitely followed each other on to me, and MP, and IAWY.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I can't take this rainbow seriously
said no one ever.
Rainbows mean business.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”