Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by DrWilgy »

Nah bruh, U

VOTE MATT
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marco
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Marco »

Wow, what happened to the activity? There hasn't been a post on almost 12 hours?

There's some posts I want to respond to. Give me half an hour or so.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Golden wrote:
Marco wrote:The way I see it, there are two levels of bussing. One is via engaging and the other is via voting. Both have there own pros and cons and you will have to do both smartly for the best bus. But in my experience, if you think someone is bussing via vote but not engagement, then it's probably sincere and not a bus. Exceptions are there, obviously, but this is the general pattern.

The great part about bussing is that you can build associations with different townies, creating "camps", so that when one of you dies, townies are implicated that your partner can pounce on.

I'm talking about this because if Sloonei actually bussed IAWY, he should've done much more engagement. And I don't mean Sloonei, specifically, but any scum in his position. As in that's the optimum way to do it. The fact that you guys suspect Sloonei because he hardly had any meaningful interaction with IAWY is a demonstration of this fact.

So my questions is, "Is Sloonei inexperienced enough to commit to such a lackluster bus?"
Yeah, I agree with all of this - it's quite a compelling argument for why sloonei isn't scum.

But, I don't think it's inexperienced to commit a lackluster bus. I think it's the opposite. The moment patterns become so clear as to what a bus should look like, thats when changing it up becomes effective.

My own bus style is this... whatever people currently thinks looks like a bus... don't do it. Change how you bus. For me, there is always value in a bus if it gives you cred for the rest of the game, and you have to play it in the way that gives you the most cred, which is by definition the way which looks least like how you'd expect a bus to look.
See, I don't think that fits. Intentionally committing a weak bus just because people expect you to commit a strong bus is not something I can get behind. If you bus correctly, no one will even know you bussed. Some might entertain the idea but as long as you pulled it off well, they'll chalk it up as tinfoil. When you commit a weak bus, you're going to draw more attention to it, and even if people disregard it (because they expect better from you), it's on everyone's minds now.

Secondly, this relies on meta-gaming. You can only do the unexpected if people have expectations of you. If people don't expect a strong bus from you, committing a weak bus is only going to make them suspect you.

What I described (engagement leading to voting) is the optimal way to bus because if done right, no one will know it's a bus. On the other hand, a weak bus (engagement but no vote or vote without adequate engagement) is going to stick out and people will question you over it, regardless of them expecting it from you or not.

You can't really "change how you bus" because bussing is not a procedure or a set of instructions to follow. It's like saying, "change how you suspect people" or "change how you explain your votes". To change how you bus, you have to change how you play. Because a good bus should look like a natural part of your game. I'm not sure where I was going with this but these are my thoughts on bussing.
Golden wrote:Sloonei is very experienced. He also has way more experience than the average person at this site of this kind of setup (maybe not matrix, but open, role-claiming, town working together etc).

:ponder: very interesting all up. I can see both sides of this coin.
In the context of Sloonei, if you think he intentionally performed a weak bus because people would expect the opposite, you're basically saying that regardless of how good he busses, we would know it was a bus. Which defeats the purpose of a bus. If he had engaged IAWY better, and not focused on Frog, he could've kept his vote on IAWY and I don't think anyone of us would've even thought about a potential bus there.

Also, you have to keep in mind that a large number of players in this game aren't even familiar with Sloonei, so "doing the unexpected" doesn't necessarily pass as a reason. Especially when you're suspicious of him precisely for actions you consider uncharacteristic of him.
Golden wrote:
Marco wrote:
Golden wrote:I will admit, the tactic would be more likely from me if I knew I would be able to fully participate. One reason to think about the extra lynch not being worth it, from sloonei's perspective, might be that he himself wouldn't have time to capitilise on any cred he got and make sure the extra lynch wasn't wasted.
Can you clarify what you mean here. I couldn't quite understand it.
I have no fear of an extra town lynch if I think I can exert significant influence on the outcome of the lynches, when scum. If I can't (eg, because I don't have time to really play and need to sub out), the tactic would become less likely from me.

I'm just trying to apply how I would think, in the shoes of a scum sloonei.
This is correct. But would you do so when it's unnecessary? Being directly responsible for lynching your teammate on Day 1 is the least value you can get out of a bus, especially when said teammate has hardly even engaged people, and when you already have your vote on someone else that you claim is your top suspect.

A good bus works both ways. If your target gets killed, you get brownie points and people in his "camp" are implicated. If you get killed, your target gets brownie points and people in your "camp" are implicated. On Day 1, when your "target-teammate" hasn't even engaged people and there are no "camps" to consider, when you've actually been focusing on someone else entirely and already have your vote on that someone, when that someone and your "target-teammate" are tied to be lynched, there's very little value in suddenly voting for your teammate and contributing to his demise. It would make more sense to let your reservations about your teammate be known, get the townie killed, and then next day you can get to bussing (even using the townie's demise).
Golden wrote:On a completely different note, could you explain to me in very short terms what you feel the case on MM is? Even though I have had suspicion on him in the past, I feel like the current suspicion isn't along any of the same lines as what mine was and I don't follow it.
Some part of it was tone-reading. I remember feeling MM's posts almost felt like he was appealing to others. Like he compartmentalized his responses in order to dissuade emotional reactions from others. It's not necessarily a scum-tell either but usually scum are more concerned about avoiding getting involved in a cock-off when they are one of the leading lynch candidates. Then there's the fact that he seems to lack a certain degree of self-doubt that one expects from the uninformed majority. This especially stood out Day 1 because his reads were so different from most everyone.

Some part of it was because I was reading Day 1 EOD (before Frog became the focus) as MM trying to get him mislynched. Don't get me wrong, I suspected IAWY and MM both, but like I mentioned during EOD, it looked like MM was withdrawing when it looked like he was safe and IAWY was getting lynched. Also, I didn't like his Sloonei push Day 1, like you yourself stated. And while the Frog point served to change your mind, it didn't really do anything for me. I'd known Sloonei was on Frog since early Day 1 (when Frog went after me and Sloonei for apparently defending each other). Sloonei's play just looked like someone who isn't adequately informed about where the game is right now (like how I defended Soneji's vote on Frog when someone called him out because I believed Soneji would not have been suspicious had he been engaging with the game in real-time instead of guzzling it all down in the last 2 hours or so).

I'll have a much better idea once I ISO MetalMarsh. And in light of all but for now, I am reconsidering my stand on MM vs Moonei.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

EBWOP:
Marco wrote:I'll have a much better idea once I ISO MetalMarsh. And in light of all but for now, I am reconsidering my stand on MM vs Moonei.
And in light of all the context about Sloonei's meta from you guys (how his actions were very uncharacteristic of his town play), I am reconsidering my stand on MM vs Moonei. I can understand one teammate (in the scenario that one of you guys is trying to save MM) trying to manipulate me, but it seems you guys are all in much agreement about this, so I'm thinking you guys are right about Sloonei and I'm just projecting how I expect people to play onto Sloonei. And if he does flip town, we should have some leads to follow.

VOTE Matt/Sloonei

This is Hammer - 1. The next vote on Sloonei will end the phase.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm putting together Day 2 votes right now. Hopefully nobody swoops in for the hammer in the near future, because I'd still like to chat.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Golden wrote:I really want Marco and Polo to play games together.
I'm assuming Polo is a Syndicate regular?
DrWilgy wrote:Nah bruh, U

VOTE MATT
If Sloonei flips town, Wilgy is probably scum. This seems like a very opportunistic vote, especially in light of how "offhand" Wilgy is about the game.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm putting together Day 2 votes right now. Hopefully nobody swoops in for the hammer in the near future, because I'd still like to chat.
In that case, UNVOTE

I'll be around for the next 4-6 hours at least. Though I'll be mobile posting for a large part of it.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Soneji »

I will wait for MM to finish what hes doing, then I will bring down the hammer.

Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Marco wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Marco wrote:From the actual votes, one can make an argument that Sloonei switched from frog to IAWY to distance himself from IAWY for the future. But at that time, during EOD, with minutes to go, people were using the polls to keep track of the votes. I don't think Sloonei would've known his vote would not do anything. Especially, since he has no reason to believe someone else wouldn't vote IAWY suddenly.
But why would a town player do this?
If I know my reads are outdated as I haven't read most of the phase, and that my suspect brings value to the game, I would probably give them the benefit of doubt and engage them after I've caught up.
Hmmm, I suppose it's a difference in approach. Regardless of whether I was caught up, I can't see myself considering the underlined at all.
I'm guessing you would consider it but I'm not explaining what I mean correctly.

Even if he suspects someone, an experienced mafia player will know that he can't always be right. So, let's say you're faced with two viable lynches. One of them is your top suspect and the others is a lesser suspect of yours. Now, let's assume your top suspect is the most active player in the game and has been involved in a lot of interactions (some of which contributed to your reads on others) and the lesser suspect has not really contributed anything to the game.

Now, if you're wrong about your top suspect, you lose a townie who has shown that they can bring value to the game. And I'd argue it's regardless of his alignment. Even if your top suspect is, in fact, scum, there's still value in keeping him alive over the other suspect for the current day. This is because his high level of activity and engagement in the game means he's going to be interacting with most of the players in the game. Thereby giving your more interactions to base your reads upon. Once the new day starts, you can once again start pushing him and if he gets lynched, now you have another phase of potentially juicy interactions to look into.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Soneji wrote:I will wait for MM to finish what hes doing, then I will bring down the hammer.
What would you think about MM and Golden if Matt flips town?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

All finished. Here are the EoD votes from Days 1 and 2.

DAY 1 VOTES
Initial Tally at the T-12 hour mark.
  • 3 - a2thezebra (Sloonei, Golden, Silverwolf)
    3 - Golden (sig, Dyslexicon, DrWilgy)
    2 - Psittaciform (Metalmarsh89, Zexy)
    1 - Soneji (Inawordyes)
    1 - Sloonei (Long Con)

7 - Unvote/No Vote (a2thezebra, Frog, ika, Marco, MovingPictures07, Soneji, Psittaciform)
12 hours until deadline

sig votes a2thezebra - Link
Metalmarsh89 votes Sloonei - Link
a2thezebra votes a2thezebra - Link
Metalmarsh89 votes Metalmarsh89 - Link
  • 5 - a2thezebra (Sloonei, Golden, Silverwolf, sig, a2thezebra)
    2 - Sloonei (Long Con, Metalmarsh89)
    2 - Golden (Dyslexicon, DrWilgy)
    1 - Psittaciform (Zexy)
    1 - Soneji (Inawordyes)

6 - Unvote/No Vote (Frog, ika, Marco, MovingPictures07, Soneji, Psittaciform)
6 hours until deadline

Golden votes Metalmarsh89 - Link
a2thezebra votes Metalmarsh89 - Link
sig votes Metalmarsh89 - Link
MovingPictures07 votes Inawordyes - Link
Dyslexicon votes a2thezebra- Link
Golden votes Inawordyes - Link
Silverwolf votes Inawordyes - Link
ika votes Inawordyes - Link
  • 4 - Inawordyes (MovingPictures07, Golden, Silverwolf, ika)
    2 - a2thezebra (Sloonei, Dyslexicon)
    2 - Metalmarsh89 (a2thezebra, sig)
    2 - Sloonei (Long Con, Metalmarsh89)
    1 - Golden (DrWilgy)
    1 - Psittaciform (Zexy)
    1 - Soneji (Inawordyes)

4 - Unvote/No Vote (Frog, Marco, Soneji, Psittaciform)
3 hours until deadline

Metalmarsh89 votes Frog - Link
a2thezebra votes Silverwolf - Link
Epignosis votes Frog - Link
Marco votes Metalmarsh89 - Link
  • 4 - Inawordyes (MovingPictures07, Golden, Silverwolf, ika)
    2 - Metalmarsh89 (sig, Marco)
    2 - a2thezebra (Sloonei, Dyslexicon)
    1 - Frog (Epignosis)
    1 - Sloonei (Metalmarsh89)
    1 - Silverwolf (a2thezebra)
    1 - Golden (DrWilgy)
    1 - Psittaciform (Zexy)
    1 - Soneji (Inawordyes)

3 - Unvote/No Vote (Frog, Soneji, Psittaciform)
2 hours until deadline

Soneji votes Frog - Link
a2thezebra votes Metalmarsh89- Link
Metalmarsh89 votes Inawordyes - Link
Sloonei votes Frog - Link
  • 5- Inawordyes (MovingPictures07, Golden, Silverwolf, ika, Metalmarsh89)
    3 - Frog (Epignosis, Soneji, Sloonei)
    1 - a2thezebra (Dyslexicon)
    1 - Golden (DrWilgy)
    1 - Psittaciform (Zexy)
    1 - Soneji (Inawordyes)

2 - Unvote/No Vote (Frog, Psittaciform)
1 hour until deadline
  • No Changes
30 minutes until deadline

Epignosis votes Frog - Link
Golden votes Frog - Link
Metalmarsh89 votes Frog - Link
  • 5 - Frog (Soneji, Sloonei, Epignosis, Golden, Metalmarsh89)
    3 - Inawordyes (MovingPictures07, Silverwolf, ika)
    1 - a2thezebra (Dyslexicon)
    1 - Golden (DrWilgy)
    1 - Psittaciform (Zexy)
    1 - Soneji (Inawordyes)

10 minutes until deadline

Dyslexicon votes Frog - Link
Sloonei votes Inawordyes - Link

Day 1 Final Tally
  • 5 - Frog (Soneji, Epignosis, Golden, Metalmarsh89, Dyslexicon)
    4 - Inawordyes (MovingPictures07, Silverwolf, ika, Sloonei)
    1 - Golden (DrWilgy)
    1 - Psittaciform (Zexy)
    1 - Soneji (Inawordyes)

DAY 2 VOTES
Initial Tally at the T-12 hour mark.
  • 2 - Matt (Golden, Metalmarsh89)
    2 - Golden (a2thezebra, Inawordyes)
    2 - Inawordyes (MovingPictures07, Dyslexicon)
    1 - ika (sig)
    1 - Metalmarsh89 (Matt)
    1 - sig (Soneji)

5 - Unvote/No Vote (DrWilgy, ika, Marco, Psittaciform, Zexy)
12 hours until deadline

ika votes sig - Link
Inawordyes votes Marco - Link
Inawordyes votes DrWilgy - Link
sig votes Metalmarsh89 - Link
  • 2 - sig (Soneji, ika)
    2 - Matt (Golden, Metalmarsh89)
    1 - Metalmarsh89 (sig)
    1 - DrWilgy (Inawordyes)
    1 - Golden (a2thezebra)
    1 - Metalmarsh89 (Matt)

4 - Unvote/No Vote (DrWilgy, Marco, Psittaciform, Zexy)
6 hours until deadline

Golden votes DrWilgy - Link
  • 2 - DrWilgy (Inawordyes, Golden)
    2 - sig (Soneji, ika)
    1 - Matt (Metalmarsh89)
    1 - Metalmarsh89 (sig)
    1 - Golden (a2thezebra)
    1 - Metalmarsh89 (Matt)

3 hours until deadline

Matt votes DrWilgy - Link
Soneji votes Inawordyes - Link
  • 3 - Inawordyes (MovingPictures07, Dyslexicon, Soneji)
    3 - DrWilgy (Inawordyes, Golden, Matt)
    1 - sig (ika)
    1 - Matt (Metalmarsh89)
    1 - Metalmarsh89 (sig)
    1 - Golden (a2thezebra)

2 hours until deadline

Dyslexicon votes Soneji - Link
sig votes Inawordyes - Link
  • 3 - Inawordyes (MovingPictures07, Soneji, sig)
    3 - DrWilgy (Inawordyes, Matt, Golden)
    1 - Soneji (Dyslexicon)
    1 - sig (ika)
    1 - Matt (Metalmarsh89)
    1 - Golden (a2thezebra)

1 hour until deadline

Dyslexicon votes Golden - Link
Marco votes Inawordyes - Link
Metalmarsh89 votes DrWilgy - Link
Metalmarsh89 votes Inawordyes - Link
Inawordyes votes sig - Link
  • 5 - Inawordyes (MovingPictures07, Soneji, sig, Marco, Metalmarsh89)
    2 - sig (ika, Inawordyes)
    2 - DrWilgy (Matt, Golden)
    2 - Golden (a2thezebra, Dyslexicon)

3 - Unvote/No Vote (DrWilgy, Psittaciform, Zexy)
30 minutes until deadline

a2thezebra votes Zexy - Link
Dyslexicon votes Zexy - Link
  • 6 - Inawordyes (MovingPictures07, Soneji, sig, Marco, Metalmarsh89, Golden)
    2 - Zexy (a2thezebra, Dyslexicon)
    1 - DrWilgy (Matt)

10 minutes until deadline

Dyslexicon votes Soneji - Link
Metalmarsh89 votes Zexy - Link
Metalmarsh89 votes DrWilgy - Link

Day 1 Final Tally
  • 5 - Inawordyes (MovingPictures07, Soneji, sig, Marco, Golden)
    2 - DrWilgy (Matt, Metalmarsh89)
    1 - Soneji (Dyslexicon)
    1 - Zexy (a2thezebra)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Soneji wrote:I will wait for MM to finish what hes doing, then I will bring down the hammer.
Do you have anything to respond to it, or do you just want to hammer? :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

I would feel that it is quite likely that they might be scum. Both have pinged me to some extent already. Golden earlier seemed to be speaking to you in a way that seems as if he knows you're town, not putting enough into thinking that you might be mafia for your defense of Sloonei. I can only remember one post where it was slightly implied.

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

VOTE MATT

This is hammer -1, next vote will end the phase.

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 246

Post by a2thezebra »

VOTE MATT
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Soneji wrote:I would feel that it is quite likely that they might be scum. Both have pinged me to some extent already. Golden earlier seemed to be speaking to you in a way that seems as if he knows you're town, not putting enough into thinking that you might be mafia for your defense of Sloonei. I can only remember one post where it was slightly implied.
I've had similar reservations. Though it reminds me of when MM and MP joined us for that game on NF. Pretty much everyone assumed they were scum just because of the difference in playstyle.

@Metalmarsh, what was your intent in switching your vote to DrWilgy in the last 10 minutes when IAWY already led by ~4 votes? The link is broken, so I can't follow your vote. Also, is it normal on The Syndicate for EOD tie lynch scenarios? You all seem to love them? What's the reason there?
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Is it against the rules to continue talking even though hammer has been reached?
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Matt »

Marco wrote:Is it against the rules to continue talking even though hammer has been reached?
Lol I dunno.

But looks like I'm a goner. Peace out peeps, it was fun!
Image Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 237

Post by sig »

Marco wrote:Is it against the rules to continue talking even though hammer has been reached?
When you hammer it means the day is over, so technically we're now in the night phase which would mean we couldn't talk I assume?
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Are you guys fucking serious?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ugh, I'm working on an IAWY ISO right now, and now I doubt I'll get it in before day's end.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marco wrote:
Soneji wrote:I would feel that it is quite likely that they might be scum. Both have pinged me to some extent already. Golden earlier seemed to be speaking to you in a way that seems as if he knows you're town, not putting enough into thinking that you might be mafia for your defense of Sloonei. I can only remember one post where it was slightly implied.
I've had similar reservations. Though it reminds me of when MM and MP joined us for that game on NF. Pretty much everyone assumed they were scum just because of the difference in playstyle.

@Metalmarsh, what was your intent in switching your vote to DrWilgy in the last 10 minutes when IAWY already led by ~4 votes? The link is broken, so I can't follow your vote. Also, is it normal on The Syndicate for EOD tie lynch scenarios? You all seem to love them? What's the reason there?
I don't like ties. I like close votes especially if there is scum involved, because it does put pressure on them to make a decision. But ties take the final result out of the players' hands which I disagree with. The only exception is if there is a role in the game that can decide ties (which is fairly common here).

I was fine with an IAWY lynch, even though I was voting elsewhere at the end. Since the vote was somewhat unanimous, and I wasn't at risk of being lynched anymore, I just wanted to put a little pressure in other places.

The link does work for me. That is weird. Maybe it depends how many posts you view per page, which is set in your site settings. I set mine to 50, which I know is not the default.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Days/Nights and lynch mechanics
  • There will be a deadline each day phase, and the person with the most votes at the end of the day is lynched, unless a majority has already been reached before then, in which case the day ends prematurely.

Yup day is over, IT IS NIGHT. No more posting. :|
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Early lynch

As the rules state, a day phase will end early if a majority is reached at any point. A majority is defined as more than half of the number of living players. This means that if 11 players are alive and any player receives 6 votes at the same time, the "hammer" will have been reached and the day phase will officially end at that 6th vote. If 12 players are alive, the hammer is the 7th vote. If I happen to be away when a hammer is reached and cannot end the day phase immediately, then any votes following that hammer vote will not be counted.
The rules say that no more votes will count, but it says nothing about posting. I'm going to continue posting until the day officially ends.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Why you guys hammer so early?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

As the rules state, a day phase will end early if a majority is reached at any point. A majority is defined as more than half of the number of living players. This means that if 11 players are alive and any player receives 6 votes at the same time, the "hammer" will have been reached and the day phase will officially end at that 6th vote. If 12 players are alive, the hammer is the 7th vote. If I happen to be away when a hammer is reached and cannot end the day phase immediately, then any votes following that hammer vote will not be counted.
The rules say that no more votes will count, but it says nothing about posting. I'm going to continue posting until the day officially ends.
But, if the day phases is officially over doesn't that mean it is night? I assume the vote portion means we can't switch votes and that the phase is over so we can't post/add votes.
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

:puppy:

As the night-killed in waiting, I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say, if anything. But I'm a saaaaaaaad panda. :puppy:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lynched-in waiting*

Freudian slip? :faint:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Should I be talking in red? Should I be talking at all?
Maybe in spoilers?
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

But, if the day phases is officially over doesn't that mean it is night? I assume the vote portion means we can't switch votes and that the phase is over so we can't post/add votes.
Without clarification from Jay, I'm happy to call this Twilight: that time between Day (where you can vote) and Night (where you cannot post) where we can post but not vote. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 3

Post by S~V~S »

OK as a Game Mod (but not your mod) I am going to unilaterally follow this point 3J made in the first post:

[quote]
Differences from what will be seen on Mafia Universe:

*We'll still use the poll for voting, as usual on The Syndicate games. On Mafia Universe voting is conducted entirely in the thread, and an automated program keeps a tally.
*The same automated program will likely end day phases immediately when a hammer vote is reached (a majority of >50% the number of living players). On The Syndicate we won't have this. Hammer votes will still apply the same way, but I will have to end the day phase manually. This means that if I am not present at the time a hammer is delivered, there will be some delay before I can finalize the end of the day phase.[/quote]

His purpose in running this game was to give you champ people a chance to play a game similar to what you will face at MU. So I am gonna lock you down, since the program at MU will apparently do so when Hammer is reached. If 3J disagrees with that, complain about me. Or pretend I am a MU program vote bot
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm here. Thanks for locking the thread S~V~S, that's perfect. On Mafia Universe the day will be ended instantly by the automated program when a hammer is reached.

Stand by for the results, I'm just double-checking the votes.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

SLOONEI / MATT has been lynched. He was:

Coconut macaroons!

Vanilla Townie
Because the day phase ended prematurely, the night phase will be extended accordingly to keep us on schedule. Night 3 will last 32 hours and 23 minutes and end at precisely 10:00 AM on Friday eastern US/Canada time.

Sorry my math was dumb. Night 3 will end in 20 hours and 23 minutes at 10:00 AM.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: POLLS

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Day 3:
a2thezebra
No votes
DrWilgy
Matt (6) 6%
Golden
No votes
ika
No votes
Marco
No votes
Metalmarsh89
sig (5) 6%
MovingPictures07
No votes
Pscittaciform
No votes
sig
ika (11) 6%
Matt (Sloonei)
Metalmarsh89 (1), Golden (7), MovingPictures07 (8), DrWilgy (12), Soneji (15), a2thezebra (16) 38%
Soneji
No votes
No Lynch
No votes
Unvote
Marco (14) 6%
Host/non-players/dead players
S~V~S (2), JaggedJimmyJay (3), Scotty (4), Inawordyes (9), Sloonei (10), Quin (13) 38%

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Notice: Scotty is replacing Psittaciform.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I just had the post ready to go and then my laptop auto-restarted for some freaking update. I'm going to be a bit late here, bear with me. :rolleyes:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marco was killed. He was a vanilla townie.

I'll spice this up when I get my laptop back up.

It's Day 4. The deadline is in just under 60 hours at 10:00 PM on Sunday eastern US/Canada time.

Late addition: Marco was nutella lava cup cookies. Hnnnngggg

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

With 9 players alive, the hammer vote is the 5th.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The poll title reports the incorrect day number. Ignore it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

VOTE A2THEZEBRA

Because I lost my IAWY iso.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Hello all! :workit:
Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm 70+ pages behind, and will probably not catch up. Sorry bout it.

Couple questions, since this is the first time I've ever replaced into a game:
-What kind of player was my predecessor?
-Who is the predominant civ-looking person?
-Who do you not currently trust in this game?

That last one will help me tremendously.

Also I see Marmot posted the polls a few pages back:
Day 1 and 2 Polls

Thanks Marmot!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Marmot, why do you value Soneji so highly on your rainbow list? Has he claimed something that I should be aware of? Because I don't trust him solely on his voting so far.
I read MP's meta on bussing, and his explanation directly coincides with voting first on IAWY the pat 2 days, and it wouldn't surprise me if he were the bus driver himself.

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

I am going to:

VOTE GOLDEN

For now.

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'm not happy at all that ya'll hammered that vote. Soneji and Zebra are in my sites. Right now as is MM. MM has almost been lynched since day 1 yet every time someone steps in and redirects the wagon somewhere else. Yesterday it was a hammer vote when we had almost a full day left.

Hammering is like lock lynches, it doesn't help the civs unless they've got a red check on someone and SHOULD NEVER BE DONE.

linki:
@Scotty
1. He was inactive two posts.
2. That is a bias question :P but I'll answer anyway right now I'm trusting civ reading Golden, MP, and Wilgy. My wilgy read is mostly gut though.
3. Top suspects for me are MM, Ika, and Zebra.

You (psitt) and Soneji are unknowns however, I dislike how Soneji voted and almost hammered it yesterday.

Golden is a civ read despite his wagoning onto Frog and other stuff, however I might need to look back over him. Marco did clash with Golden a bit, but I'm unsure if mafia Golden would've killed him.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:VOTE A2THEZEBRA

Because I lost my IAWY iso.
How so? As in you literally lost it or what.
and is this a serious vote.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Soneji wrote:I am going to:

VOTE GOLDEN

For now.
Could you point yourself to your reasoning that led you to voting Golden? Hooked on Phonics style, preferably.

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

VOTE GOLDEN

For now.
Why, also please explain why you voted for Matt when we were so close to the hammer?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote:

VOTE GOLDEN

For now.
Could you point yourself to your reasoning that led you to voting Golden? Hooked on Phonics style, preferably.

Your already tied with who you replaced in post count wise so props to you. :beer:
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by ika »

VOTE SIG

are we going to do this now?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote:I'm not happy at all that ya'll hammered that vote. Soneji and Zebra are in my sites. Right now as is MM. MM has almost been lynched since day 1 yet every time someone steps in and redirects the wagon somewhere else. Yesterday it was a hammer vote when we had almost a full day left.

Hammering is like lock lynches, it doesn't help the civs unless they've got a red check on someone and SHOULD NEVER BE DONE.

linki:
@Scotty
1. He was inactive two posts.
2. That is a bias question :P but I'll answer anyway right now I'm trusting civ reading Golden, MP, and Wilgy. My wilgy read is mostly gut though.
3. Top suspects for me are MM, Ika, and Zebra.

You (psitt) and Soneji are unknowns however, I dislike how Soneji voted and almost hammered it yesterday.

Golden is a civ read despite his wagoning onto Frog and other stuff, however I might need to look back over him. Marco did clash with Golden a bit, but I'm unsure if mafia Golden would've killed him.
1. Oh great. He was a real Calvin Coolidge, eh? Well I'm more Teddy Roosevelt. People remember me for walking softly and carrying a big stick. But I don't ride horses. No sir.

2. Yea this I know. Is Wilgy being a Wilgy in this game? I feel like he's always a gut read.

3. What's the big negatives with zebra? I saw she pulled down the hammer yesterday, which apparently was not nice. And ika?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”