LittleTiger
38%
Mongoose
25%
Roxy
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Your Little Brother (The Host, The Mod, The Non)
38%

Total votes: 8
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 45

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Warp Zone]

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Bullzeye wrote:
Roxy wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:
Roxy wrote:I am wondering why LT, Eloh and Lizzy's voted water tbs!
Is there something wrong with Water? I didn't really know what to choose, so I went with my astrological sign - plus, I like water.... :shrug:
i didnt know what to choose either so inread the roles and noticed sev eral baddies votes will count as 4 if we are in a water area/land. so hence my wondering about water voters. :ponder:
Do we know what's even going on with the baddie roles? There seem to be far too many, and most have a price by them.
I think the way it works is that there are baddies. Whoever is Bowser may use their coins to make their teammates certain baddies (assuming they have enough coins to do so). At least I think that's how it works.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Day 1]

EBWOP: It seems Gleam beat me to it.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Bullzeye »

agleaminranks wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Roxy wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:
Is there something wrong with Water? I didn't really know what to choose, so I went with my astrological sign - plus, I like water.... :shrug:
i didnt know what to choose either so inread the roles and noticed sev eral baddies votes will count as 4 if we are in a water area/land. so hence my wondering about water voters. :ponder:
Do we know what's even going on with the baddie roles? There seem to be far too many, and most have a price by them.
I'm looking at the roles right now, and these are my thoughts:

It seems as though the baddie team consists of Bowser and three baddie minions, who have the ability to buy their role with the coins they have. Since this is only the first day and no one really would have any money at this point, the three baddies chose the Goomba role, hence why Rob would post that the baddies today are Bowser and three Goombas. I'll bet when we see the game move on, we will see those roles change.

I'm also guessing that if the host uses this format for each day post, we'll be able to find out soon enough if a baddie is killed in a lynch or night kill turn.
Ah that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up! Good point as well that we'll know if baddies are killed at night by the number of pictures shown. If Epi continues to show them that is, maybe for whatever reason later on he'll decide to keep them secret or something.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Hedgeowl »

Lizzy wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Lizzy wrote:It's too late now. I'm afraid you'll all perish in a flood. :sigh: Look on the bright side though, those of you who went with grass and pipe can join forces and make the experience more uplifting. ;)
Owls are not overly fond of water Lizzy. :overreact:
ARCHIMEDES! <3
But since I saw it in Italian first, ANACLETO! <3
One of the best, but under appreciated disney films. Grumpy Archimedes is my favorite. Italian sword and the stone? I bet that was better than the swiss Shrek I saw. Eddie Murphy's Donkey just can't be replicated.

Based on the baddie role switching I don't think voting water would be a good bad move. They would wait to visit water till they could afford to buy the right role then yes? If this logic is correct I think we should visit water posthaste!
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 172

Post by Epignosis »

4. When a King gets his wand, his role is updated on page one.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 43

Post by LittleTiger »

Roxy wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:
Oh!!!!!!!!! I hadn't even noticed that LOL! I need to go read through all the roles again and get a spreadsheet going....
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Woo, Day 1! Always fun...

Seems I will be here throughout the evening after all, to my surprise, as my prior engagement was cancelled. Gives me a bit of extra time to look at the roles again. It seems people have already spoken as to how the baddie roles seem to work, and I interpreted it the same way.

At some point here I'm going to re-read the thread and see if anything strikes me as noteworthy, but I don't remember anything particularly SUPER PINGY. Unfortunately, I'll have to vote tonight, I'm sure.

Russtifinko wrote:Darn, I'm last! I HATED Pipe World in Super Mario Bros. 3. I always went out of my way to get 2 warp flutes: one to to to Giant Land, and one to skip Pipe World. So Giant Land it is!
Same here, lol. I hate that damn pipe world.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 69

Post by S~V~S »

LittleTiger wrote:
Roxy wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:
Oh!!!!!!!!! I hadn't even noticed that LOL! I need to go read through all the roles again and get a spreadsheet going....
Yeah, good catch. i am not immensely familiar with this game, and was not sure what "roles" listed were actual "roles" or what have you. At first I thought there were like 30 someodd roles. But agreed, a deeper read of them would be a good thing at this point.

Also, I think the Kings are civs, right? So Even if baddies might benefit from that choice, mightn't the Water King also vote for it? I am thinking I would not want to vote for a water voter JUST because they voted "Water", but it is something to take into account if there are other factors.

If the Kings are NOT civs, then just ignore me, lol. But they are, aren't they?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Lizzy wrote:It's too late now. I'm afraid you'll all perish in a flood. :sigh: Look on the bright side though, those of you who went with grass and pipe can join forces and make the experience more uplifting. ;)
Owls are not overly fond of water Lizzy. :overreact:
ARCHIMEDES! <3
But since I saw it in Italian first, ANACLETO! <3
One of the best, but under appreciated disney films. Grumpy Archimedes is my favorite. Italian sword and the stone? I bet that was better than the swiss Shrek I saw. Eddie Murphy's Donkey just can't be replicated.

Based on the baddie role switching I don't think voting water would be a good bad move. They would wait to visit water till they could afford to buy the right role then yes? If this logic is correct I think we should visit water posthaste!
Poop, I already voted Giant. Due to it being my 2nd-favorite world. I'll be more strategic with my next World Map vote.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:
Roxy wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:
Yeah, good catch. i am not immensely familiar with this game, and was not sure what "roles" listed were actual "roles" or what have you. At first I thought there were like 30 someodd roles. But agreed, a deeper read of them would be a good thing at this point.

Also, I think the Kings are civs, right? So Even if baddies might benefit from that choice, mightn't the Water King also vote for it? I am thinking I would not want to vote for a water voter JUST because they voted "Water", but it is something to take into account if there are other factors.

They definitely seem to be.

I'm not sure I agree with the idea to all vote Water next. We don't even know how many coins the baddies have now or how many they will have by Day 2 or whenever.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

EBWOP: Idk, I'll sit on it. But I would think it might be better to just flat out avoid Water because from what I can recall there are like three role upgrades that are water-related. By that late in the game, it'd be stupid for the baddies to choose those things over more powerful roles that they could probably choose.

That's just my take on it though.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

S~V~S wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:
Roxy wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:

I would guess that the Kings are civs because if they aren't then that means there's like 4 real civs.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, so then not so sure I am looking all that hard at Water voters at this early stage. That said, I know someone was wondering about voting orders, does anyone have one? I was at work when the poll ended. I think knowing who voted what could come in handy.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:OK, so then not so sure I am looking all that hard at Water voters at this early stage. That said, I know someone was wondering about voting orders, does anyone have one? I was at work when the poll ended. I think knowing who voted what could come in handy.
Epig is actually tracking them for us. The thread is in this sub-forum.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Oh thanks, i missed that, last I heard, I though he wasn't and i have not reread all of today yet, Thanks :)
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

Day 1! Woo-Hoo!

I think the way the baddie roles will work is interesting. I really hope Epi decides to always show who we are up against.

linki SVS - I voted water because I actually liked the water world in Mario. Also, I grew up in FL, swimming is what we did all the time and I loved it.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote: linki SVS - I voted water because I actually liked the water world in Mario.
How the hell?

I didn't think this was possible. Lol.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 40

Post by thellama73 »

Although I have limited experience with video games, I also hate water levels and do not find the argument to go there persuasive. I'm am following Mongoose's vote for Giant World because a) bigger is better and b) Mongoose is cool.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

MovingPictures07 wrote:EBWOP: Idk, I'll sit on it. But I would think it might be better to just flat out avoid Water because from what I can recall there are like three role upgrades that are water-related. By that late in the game, it'd be stupid for the baddies to choose those things over more powerful roles that they could probably choose.

That's just my take on it though.
Good point about just avoiding water till the end. I haven't played Mario in so long and not all the different versions, so I am finding the experts very helpful in this game. I believe there are 4 baddies (the ones posted) and 12 civ, so I agree the Kings must be civ. I'll consider my world vote open then. As for possible suspects for Day 1 that's, as always, hard. No one has pinged me. Day 0 was basically a Baccanalian posting session. :dance: :wine: :fiesta: :martini:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I know it is early, but I want to get some discussion going (SVS!) so I thought I would point out this. The baddie set up in this game is confusing. Who is likely to be less confused by it? The people who are baddies and (presumably) have more info on their roles and how they work than we do. Consider then, this post, which seems to display the most knowledge of how the baddie roles operate that we've seen so far. I'm not saying I intend to vote for Gleamy, but thought it was worth pointing out.
agleaminranks wrote: I'm looking at the roles right now, and these are my thoughts:

It seems as though the baddie team consists of Bowser and three baddie minions, who have the ability to buy their role with the coins they have. Since this is only the first day and no one really would have any money at this point, the three baddies chose the Goomba role, hence why Rob would post that the baddies today are Bowser and three Goombas. I'll bet when we see the game move on, we will see those roles change.

I'm also guessing that if the host uses this format for each day post, we'll be able to find out soon enough if a baddie is killed in a lynch or night kill turn.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Llama, I must respectfully disagree. I read the roles twice myself and was able to gleam (pun intended) just as much out of the roles. If I had been around to post before gleam posted that, I would have posted something similar. I think that's really stretching.

That being said, I applaud your attempts to start discussion, and I don't necessarily believe you are suspicion mongering. I'm going back through a re-read of the thread now as we speak, so I'll let you know if I find anything to discuss.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, here's the thing. Everyone seems to be acting pretty 'normal' based on what I know of everyone.

- Snow Dog regretted his Day 0 vote decision after seeing the logic for grass; he often can be seen overanalyzing similar decisions (I would know, he shares that quality with yours truly).
- Rox posted that she wondered why three players posted water, almost as if it was a sweeping accusation -- I wouldn't expect anything different from Rox.
- Lizzy has proven once again she absolutely loves the WIFOM, unsurprisingly.
- Llama is either squashing discussion or starting it up with a weird point (like how he said we should all vote a low poster on D1 of MOTU).
etc.

There were only two things that caught my eye particularly. First: Vomps said he was getting civvie vibes from Lizzy. How could anyone be getting such vibes at this point in the game? That being said, I realize it's Vomps, for one, and that Vomps can have a blind spot with Lizzy, for two, or perhaps just believes (maybe rightfully so or not) that he can read her really well.

Second: Hedgeowl's suggestion to vote for Water. While I can see the point, I've expressed my disagreement, and for some reason I can't get past my gut that screams that a baddie would try such a move to get people to try such an exact move. You would say such a move would be too risky... but it isn't really, given the WIFOM argument. Why would a baddie member come out and so blatantly try to fish for people (pun intended) to vote for the Water option, when we would all see the following day that baddies have acquired Water-based roles? That's certainly very risky, so it's one of those risky baddie moves that lends itself well to defending.

However, I am not sold that is the case. I've hardly played any games side by side with Hedgeowl, mostly watched her as a Mod or host, one of which is a game under progress that I can't obviously discuss. I could just as easily see a civvie Hedgeowl saying the same thing.

I still don't feel any closer to putting a vote anywhere in particular, but these are at least points of discussion.

Despite my feelings on randomizing that I have often expressed in the past and do still believe, I am starting to understand why at least someone would make such a decision (assuming one is civvie and genuine) because it's insane to try and find a baddie using what has already been posted. As such, I may try something unconventional as I have most recently tried in boo's VGM game on RM and the Shining game here (hopefully to better success than both of those).

Not sure.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I especially want an opinion of those who know Vomps well (gleam, BWT) on what I said regarding him and likewise with anyone knowing Hedgeowl well (llama) as to that observation.

I also hope others have any other observations to bring to the table... because I still need to most likely vote tonight. I'll try to wait as long as possible.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Hedgeowl wrote: One of the best, but under appreciated disney films. Grumpy Archimedes is my favorite. Italian sword and the stone? I bet that was better than the swiss Shrek I saw. Eddie Murphy's Donkey just can't be replicated.

I agree with this. Sword in the Stone is definitely the most underrated Disney movie. And nice new avatars, 'Goose and Owl!I'm having trouble placing yours though, 'Goose, is it from Rikki Tikki Tavi?

Personally, I think avoiding Water Land for now is a good idea. Those roles only cost 20 coins or so, and everyone voted in the last poll, so it seems like they could afford 1 or 2 already anyway.

It does seem like mafia will mirror the game in that Water World will be inordinately difficult and frustrating.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Russtifinko wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote: One of the best, but under appreciated disney films. Grumpy Archimedes is my favorite. Italian sword and the stone? I bet that was better than the swiss Shrek I saw. Eddie Murphy's Donkey just can't be replicated.

I agree with this. Sword in the Stone is definitely the most underrated Disney movie. And nice new avatars, 'Goose and Owl!I'm having trouble placing yours though, 'Goose, is it from Rikki Tikki Tavi?

Personally, I think avoiding Water Land for now is a good idea. Those roles only cost 20 coins or so, and everyone voted in the last poll, so it seems like they could afford 1 or 2 already anyway.

It does seem like mafia will mirror the game in that Water World will be inordinately difficult and frustrating.
Good observation, I failed to realize that. You are right, the baddies must have 40 coins then because of Epig's post, assuming they started with 0. If they started with anything more than that, that would add to their total.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Any thoughts regarding what I posted, Russ, or anything else? Who would you vote for if you had to right now? (This question goes for anyone)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Re: your Hedgeowl point, MP. YOu could be onto something. On the other hand, there is the possibility that she is the Water King and just wants to go there to get her special power. I'm really not sure at this point.

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:Re: your Hedgeowl point, MP. YOu could be onto something. On the other hand, there is the possibility that she is the Water King and just wants to go there to get her special power. I'm really not sure at this point.
Or there's the possibility that with 2 short games, which I have lost both times, that I am still learning the ropes. Clearly posting strategy ideas is suspicious in the beginning. Also, once MP made a good point about just avoiding water altogether I agreed this was a smarter strategy and will not vote for water. Thank you for the player rundown MP. I, for example, find Roxy's quick accusation of water voters the most suspicious, but I dont know her style enough to say. Would love to hear from others on this too, becuase you say this is pretty typical roxy behavior?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:Re: your Hedgeowl point, MP. YOu could be onto something. On the other hand, there is the possibility that she is the Water King and just wants to go there to get her special power. I'm really not sure at this point.
This is true.

Hedgeowl wrote:
Or there's the possibility that with 2 short games, which I have lost both times, that I am still learning the ropes. Clearly posting strategy ideas is suspicious in the beginning. Also, once MP made a good point about just avoiding water altogether I agreed this was a smarter strategy and will not vote for water. Thank you for the player rundown MP. I, for example, find Roxy's quick accusation of water voters the most suspicious, but I dont know her style enough to say. Would love to hear from others on this too, becuase you say this is pretty typical roxy behavior?
Are you playing the noob card? Also, did I say you were suspicious?

As someone who has been often cast as suspicious for being vocal and posting similar such ideas, I feel your pain. But I'm not sure what to make of your post here.

I would find Rox's behavior suspicious because in theory it is (in my eyes anyway), but I've played with Rox for a few years now and she tends to do this a lot, and I've suspected her (genuinely and not so sincerely) in games for such behavior; it makes her an easy lynch target. Honestly, I'm torn on her completely, but there's no way I'd vote for her based on just her comment; it's not telling to her alignment one way or the other at all.

The more I've played mafia games, the more I've realized players are often lynched due to logical fallacies or personality quirks/misunderstandings, regardless of whether they are civvie or baddie, especially early on. Later on is somewhat a different story.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 18

Post by agleaminranks »

I vote we go to the desert world next. Would be the next area we would play chronologically in Mario Bros 3.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Clipped for space:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

There were only two things that caught my eye particularly. First: Vomps said he was getting civvie vibes from Lizzy. How could anyone be getting such vibes at this point in the game? That being said, I realize it's Vomps, for one, and that Vomps can have a blind spot with Lizzy, for two, or perhaps just believes (maybe rightfully so or not) that he can read her really well.

Second: Hedgeowl's suggestion to vote for Water. While I can see the point, I've expressed my disagreement, and for some reason I can't get past my gut that screams that a baddie would try such a move to get people to try such an exact move. You would say such a move would be too risky... but it isn't really, given the WIFOM argument. Why would a baddie member come out and so blatantly try to fish for people (pun intended) to vote for the Water option, when we would all see the following day that baddies have acquired Water-based roles? That's certainly very risky, so it's one of those risky baddie moves that lends itself well to defending.

However, I am not sold that is the case. I've hardly played any games side by side with Hedgeowl, mostly watched her as a Mod or host, one of which is a game under progress that I can't obviously discuss. I could just as easily see a civvie Hedgeowl saying the same thing.
MovingPictures07 wrote:

As someone who has been often cast as suspicious for being vocal and posting similar such ideas, I feel your pain. But I'm not sure what to make of your post here.

The more I've played mafia games, the more I've realized players are often lynched due to logical fallacies or personality quirks/misunderstandings, regardless of whether they are civvie or baddie, especially early on. Later on is somewhat a different story.
There are noob cards?? I didn't get one, but when I do I will be certain to play it.

You did not actually use the word suspicious, but in your post above you are throwing out suspicions about my behavior, so I think it's correct to interpret it as such. Isn't that what we are doing right now? Looking for pings and suspicious behavior? If you didn't think it was suspicious why even bring it up?
You note also that you expressed disagreement with my water suggestion, but not the fact that I had already agreed with you.

Regarding Vomps/Lizzy I dont think he has any vibes on her yet at all. I think they will each defend each other until it becomes more obvious whether they share alignment. So I am not pinged by it at all. I'd be more surprised if they started gunning for each other frankly.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MP is always a baddie, Hedgeowl. It's a given.

Are you one as well? Or are you the Water King? Not throwing out suspicions, just asking.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

agleaminranks wrote:I vote we go to the desert world next. Would be the next area we would play chronologically in Mario Bros 3.
I'm cool with this. But since we have more time, I'll wait on this for now, just in case.

Hedgeowl wrote:Clipped for space:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

MovingPictures07 wrote:

There are noob cards?? I didn't get one, but when I do I will be certain to play it.

You did not actually use the word suspicious, but in your post above you are throwing out suspicions about my behavior, so I think it's correct to interpret it as such. Isn't that what we are doing right now? Looking for pings and suspicious behavior? If you didn't think it was suspicious why even bring it up?
You note also that you expressed disagreement with my water suggestion, but not the fact that I had already agreed with you.

Regarding Vomps/Lizzy I dont think he has any vibes on her yet at all. I think they will each defend each other until it becomes more obvious whether they share alignment. So I am not pinged by it at all. I'd be more surprised if they started gunning for each other frankly.
Why are you playing on your lack of experience? Just asking.

Correct. Where did I say in that previous post that you WEREN'T suspicious? I'm merely trying to start a discussion based on my interpretation of things in the thread. I do find some of your behavior suspicious, but whether I'm correct in that evaluation is an entirely different story.

Correct, your water suggestion is not the sole reason I find you suspicious; in fact, I do find it a bit weird that you backpedaled so quickly. Not sure what to make of that.

If you don't think he has any vibes on her yet at all, what does it mean when he says "civvie vibes"?

thellama73 wrote:MP is always a baddie, Hedgeowl. It's a given.

Are you one as well? Or are you the Water King? Not throwing out suspicions, just asking.
I am not always a baddie; I am one often, it seems, but I am not one here.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:MP is always a baddie, Hedgeowl. It's a given.

Oh. I didn't know. I am not a baddie, and I am also not the water king. Apparently, just a silly strategy. Mongoose like it though... :sigh:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I have to vote now, especially as I've ignored other things I have to attend to this evening for too long, so I'm going with Hedgeowl.

In summary, I am voting her for suggestion for all of us to vote Water, and then her subsequent backing off of it; her interpretation of Vompatti's "civvie vibes"; and mostly gut based reasons that honestly aren't worth a whole lot, but considering what we have to go off of... I guess it's all I can do.

Sorry if you are a civvie, and while it's a possibility I still definitely entertain, I have to vote somewhere.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 18

Post by agleaminranks »

Frankly, the only person I find suspicious of anything right now is Voopy. I feel like "I'm getting civvie vibes" sounds like he's trying to cover for a teammate, which would only happen if he had BTSC. Only the baddies and either of the Mario Bros if they find Princess Toadstool's letter have BTSC, and since we haven't even had a night turn for the Mario Bros to look for her letter, the baddies would be the only team with BTSC at this point in the game.

Hence, I suspect both Voopy and Lizzy of being on the baddie team. I vote we lynch Vomps for trying to fool us with his elaborate ruses.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I have to vote now, especially as I've ignored other things I have to attend to this evening for too long, so I'm going with Hedgeowl.

In summary, I am voting her for suggestion for all of us to vote Water, and then her subsequent backing off of it; her interpretation of Vompatti's "civvie vibes"; and mostly gut based reasons that honestly aren't worth a whole lot, but considering what we have to go off of... I guess it's all I can do.

Sorry if you are a civvie, and while it's a possibility I still definitely entertain, I have to vote somewhere.
I completely agree that we all have to vote somewhere. However, I am remembering your epig fail first day voting in the shining and this vote is the same. I have tried to address your concerns, but that's all I can really do. I think revenge voting is silly, so I won't do it. I will be waiting to see what other leads arise.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

This is interesting. Hedgeowl did get defensive awfully fast for Day 1. Then again, she has yet to win a game and less experienced players do often resent the possibility of being voted out so early.

I could also see this as a ploy by MP. He put out some feelers, got a reaction and pounced on it. Does he really have to vote this early, or is he trying to get a bandwagon going? A lot of people who are unsure of what to do on Day 1 will follow the first vote. It is also easy to handwave a civ lynch on Day 1 since it almost always happens, so MP might feel that he could get out of any accountability if he succeeds.

I don't know how I'm voting yet today, but I will be watching this situation very carefully. If Hedgeowl is lynched and flips civ, MP will be in the spotlight, for sure.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Russtifinko wrote:

It IS from Rikki Tikki Tavi! After Hedgeowl changed her to an animated version, I thought I'd do the same. Mongooses often look fierce, but I'm not always that fierce unless I'm playing mini golf or trivia. I'm more of a "Hey, let's lounge on these comfy chairs outside and have brunch and enjoy bilateral stimulating conversation" than someone that actually eats snakes.

This is such a digression but I had a really crappy afternoon/eve and in direct contradiction to what I just said, I went totally grizzly on bear on TWO deserving individuals today, which is a record. In traditional bear manner, I am not easily rankled, but when I do get mad, I am mad for aaaaages.

That said, if I could vote to kill of anyone, I would vote EVERYONE! Cease them! Except llama cause he said I was cool and maybe Russti for liking my new avatar.

But don't worry, I'm like 75% joking. Probably.

This was all super long and stupid, but I thought I should give you a heads up if I am coming across unnaturally hostile or something.

I'm not really buying the Das Boot for Baddies argument yet.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Good observation, I failed to realize that. You are right, the baddies must have 40 coins then because of Epig's post, assuming they started with 0. If they started with anything more than that, that would add to their total.
I think there will be some saving going on in the baddie camps. They will want there to be a certain massacre at a certain point, so they will bide their time and amass coins for a bit, I'd think. Then early enough in the game, they will strike and one of us will certainly die with those odds. At this time, we will know they are low on funds and this is when they are weakest.

The other strategy is weaker - they could live hand to mouth. Get some coins, spend those coins. Earn more coins, spend them. We won't get a big bang but because of consistency, they are bound to get a few of us along the way. The only problem with this strategy on our end is that we will never know when they are susceptible. Conversely, it sucks for them because they never are particularly strong though either.

Does any of this make any sense or is this just the Nyquil talking? :offtobed:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:This is interesting. Hedgeowl did get defensive awfully fast for Day 1. Then again, she has yet to win a game and less experienced players do often resent the possibility of being voted out so early.

I could also see this as a ploy by MP. He put out some feelers, got a reaction and pounced on it. Does he really have to vote this early, or is he trying to get a bandwagon going? A lot of people who are unsure of what to do on Day 1 will follow the first vote. It is also easy to handwave a civ lynch on Day 1 since it almost always happens, so MP might feel that he could get out of any accountability if he succeeds.

I don't know how I'm voting yet today, but I will be watching this situation very carefully. If Hedgeowl is lynched and flips civ, MP will be in the spotlight, for sure.
I do not know either way what Hedge's alliance is, but I will say that her defensiveness seemed natural and not over-the-top. It's a far cry, from say, how some perceived Bea before her first lynch in the Biomass game.

As for Vomp and Lizzy, I didn't sense any BTSC. I think that would be way too of a coincidence honestly than the two of them would just happened to be on a team. I think when you are closer with one player than another, other players can pick up on your rapport in the games. But that alone doesn't ping me as baddie alliance.

The water people probably just like water. I think everyone's explanations for what they picked made a lot of sense. [Write something else here before you press submit. ] I don't remember where I was going with this so ask me tomorrow.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 151

Post by Vompatti »

That's right, Lizzy and I are quite innocent, I know this for a fact. :srsnod:

*Votes water*.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Vompatti wrote:That's right, Lizzy and I are quite innocent, I know this for a fact. :srsnod:

*Votes water*.
:haha: :hug:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

so Hedgeowl and MP please explain how being curious over water voters makes me suspicious? I never said i ws voting for any of them just that I wondered about their votes. Is it b/c I pointed out that if we are in a water land or level that some baddies votes would or can be worth 4?
it is a powerful ability for a baddie tbs they kill at night AND have a chance at controlling lynches.

I totes do not understand how pointing out the obv makes me suspicious? so explain it to me. Especially you MP you really need to explain it to me. b/c you flip flopped in your own posts.
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I will be voting from phone at work. Not totally sure where I am looking yet~ initially the Water voter thing was interesting, but when the flaws with it were pointed out, I decided that on its own it did not merit a vote. So I am not feeling MPs vote for Hedgeowl. I will be reading but not saying much (damned work, getting in the way of internet games). Also not really feeling the Vomp/Lizzy thing, I am not sure they would tip their hand so openly if bad~ I think Mongooses comment about their rapport feels right to me.

Linki, well, I know that when I am bad, I have at times avoided voting for the option that benefited me and then pointed out and framed those that DID vote for it. I am not saying YOU did this, but that could be why someone may find you suspicious.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Roxy wrote:so Hedgeowl and MP please explain how being curious over water voters makes me suspicious? I never said i ws voting for any of them just that I wondered about their votes. Is it b/c I pointed out that if we are in a water land or level that some baddies votes would or can be worth 4?
it is a powerful ability for a baddie tbs they kill at night AND have a chance at controlling lynches.

I totes do not understand how pointing out the obv makes me suspicious? so explain it to me. Especially you MP you really need to explain it to me. b/c you flip flopped in your own posts.
I can't speak for MP, but I think he was just doing a thorough rundown of his thoughts on everyone's comments so far. What I have learned is talking about water is dangerous. Just don't do it! :p My comment was meant in the context of his post. Of the people he mentioned, you jumping to point out suspects so quickly was the only thing that would have even registered for me on his list. I don't know you at all as a player, so I was also thankful for his input saying that is completely your play style. However, I didn't want to just take everything he said at face value, but see if others agreed with MPs comments. That is the extent of it from my point of view.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:I especially want an opinion of those who know Vomps well (gleam, BWT) on what I said regarding him and likewise with anyone knowing Hedgeowl well (llama) as to that observation.

I also hope others have any other observations to bring to the table... because I still need to most likely vote tonight. I'll try to wait as long as possible.
I almost missed this. I know Vomps and Lizzy like to joke a lot back and forth with each other, so they might not be taking the whole "civvie vibes" thing too seriously right now. But on the other hand, I could see one or both of them using it as a cover. So to answer your question, I honestly don't know. I'd have to have more to go on.

I'm caught up, but I will need a bit more time to absorb my thoughts so far. I have a cold I'm suffering through and it doesn't help in that regard. I will be back in awhile and will vote then.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Roxy wrote:so Hedgeowl and MP please explain how being curious over water voters makes me suspicious? I never said i ws voting for any of them just that I wondered about their votes. Is it b/c I pointed out that if we are in a water land or level that some baddies votes would or can be worth 4?

I can't claim to speak for Hedge or MP but to be honest I also thought it was strange when you were calling attention to those voters, because at the time you didn't go into the whole baddie roles thing and I didn't actually understand what was going on with the baddies. It sort of looked like you were trying to throw suspicion onto a group of people for no specific reason. Even then I didn't think it was something that I'd definitely vote for you because of, more something to keep in mind for later on. I think some of the suspicion on you comes from the fact that first you just implied it was weird people would be voting for water without elaborating on why. When you did so your concern became easier to understand, at least in my opinion.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I especially want an opinion of those who know Vomps well (gleam, BWT) on what I said regarding him and likewise with anyone knowing Hedgeowl well (llama) as to that observation.

I almost missed this. I know Vomps and Lizzy like to joke a lot back and forth with each other, so they might not be taking the whole "civvie vibes" thing too seriously right now. But on the other hand, I could see one or both of them using it as a cover. So to answer your question, I honestly don't know. I'd have to have more to go on.

I'm caught up, but I will need a bit more time to absorb my thoughts so far. I have a cold I'm suffering through and it doesn't help in that regard. I will be back in awhile and will vote then.
The trouble with Vomps and Lizzy is that they are impossible to read, due to their wacky playstyle. I just finished rereading a bunch of players, and I think the one I feeling least good about right now is Snow Dog. Typically a helpful and chatty fellow, he has not really posted anything of substance yet this game and I feel like he may be lying low. I have a few hours yet before I have to vote, so hopefully he pops in and says something before then.

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Flyin' High »

I can't believe I missed sign-ups for a Super Mario Bros. game! :overreact:
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”