Posts in topic: 326

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day One

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:
ika wrote:SILVER YOU HERE!?
Yes, but barely. I'm super tired.
do you agree with this?
DrumBeats wrote:
sig wrote:@HOST Will the final five know if they are cylons after the game starts. Or will it be revealed to them later?

Well Fine no helping solve the puzzle.

A
Looking back, minor townread on Sig right now for that question to the host. Final five mechanics, from what I understand of them, is something that makes a town player unknowingly scum. I do not feel like Sig would ask this if it did not apply to Sig, so I currently believe that Sig is either one of the final five, or a town player.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

DrumBeats wrote:Are we allowed to change votes here? I figured that the poll would lock it.
You have to vote in thread and in the poll and votes are not changeable. They have to be in red also.

I am going to use FoS until I know for certain that my vote is one I want to be final for the day.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
ika wrote:SILVER YOU HERE!?
Yes, but barely. I'm super tired.
do you agree with this?
DrumBeats wrote:
sig wrote:@HOST Will the final five know if they are cylons after the game starts. Or will it be revealed to them later?

A
Looking back, minor townread on Sig right now for that question to the host. Final five mechanics, from what I understand of them, is something that makes a town player unknowingly scum. I do not feel like Sig would ask this if it did not apply to Sig, so I currently believe that Sig is either one of the final five, or a town player.
No I don't. I have seen scum fake townslips like this in enough games, to never townread off of things like this alone.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

ok now i have light town read on silver.

im getting tired too

silver can i call soon we should need sleep
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

drum whats your experince with mafia? iirc your from another site
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:ok now i have light town read on silver.

im getting tired too

Already?

I do like your engagement and posting level so far and am also lightly townreading you as well as Polo and DrumBeats for actively trying to game solve and DrumBeats is already scumhunting.

The way I play, for those that don't know, is I try to find town if I don't have a good scumread so I can narrow things down.

Very minor FoS on SVS and Gman for posting but saying nothing of substance. I'd like to see more here since they were around and didn't do anything to solve the puzzle.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - 33

Post by indiglo »

DrumBeats wrote:

A
I was just getting ready to post about this too. I'll go ahead, why stop now? :D

I disagree with this also.

If Sig were a civ/townie who could be 1 of the final 5, and they found out right when the game started... he'd already know if he were or not, because he would have been told that in his role PM.

If Sig were a civ/townie whow could be 1 of the final 5 and they weren't told till the end, he would be aware of that too, since he would know he hadn't been told yet in his role PM.

If Sig were a civ/townie who could NOT be of the final 5, he'd know that now, because it's in the role description.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Silverwolf wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:Are we allowed to change votes here? I figured that the poll would lock it.
You have to vote in thread and in the poll and votes are not changeable. They have to be in red also.

I am going to use FoS until I know for certain that my vote is one I want to be final for the day.
Oh god, I missed this. DAMNIT

Golden, does this mean my vote is invalid until I post it in dead red? Meaning: votes will only be unchangeable after I post my vote in dead red?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:
Sure
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

EBWOP:

*WHO, not *whow
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:
ika wrote:ok now i have light town read on silver.

im getting tired too

Already?

I do like your engagement and posting level so far and am also lightly townreading you as well as Polo and DrumBeats for actively trying to game solve and DrumBeats is already scumhunting.

The way I play, for those that don't know, is I try to find town if I don't have a good scumread so I can narrow things down.

Very minor FoS on SVS and Gman for posting but saying nothing of substance. I'd like to see more here since they were around and didn't do anything to solve the puzzle.
you know me silver, i will almost alywas town read out out of the gate, i know your slow to start sometime so i have to push you. i know if i do stuff liek this it can get you into the game. if your scum i would find it out shortly and porb waffle on you a lot.

i will have to look at polo more later but i want to see more from drum real quick before i give any red on him. i find his reasosn for town reading sig to be good in general but i want to see more of his playstyle and stuff
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Polo wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

Oh god, I missed this. DAMNIT

Golden, does this mean my vote is invalid until I post it in dead red? Meaning: votes will only be unchangeable after I post my vote in dead red?
The vote in the thread is the one that counts for game purposes.

The vote in the poll is merely so that everyone has a good visual aid to understand where the votes have gone.

It is against the rules to deliberately mislead by casting the two differently or at different times. Since it is clear you had no intent to mislead, I'll overlook it in this case. But everyone should be very careful not to vote in the poll until they know where their vote is going. I reserve the right to hold people to their poll vote in the thread.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

indiglo wrote: I was just getting ready to post about this too. I'll go ahead, why stop now? :D

If Sig were a civ/townie who could be 1 of the final 5, and they found out right when the game started... he'd already know if he were or not, because he would have been told that in his role PM.

If Sig were a civ/townie whow could be 1 of the final 5 and they weren't told till the end, he would be aware of that too, since he would know he hadn't been told yet in his role PM.

If Sig were a civ/townie who could NOT be of the final 5, he'd know that now, because it's in the role description.
I think the highlighted is the most likely, however i think its not goign to be at the end but rather mid game. what i gain form it is that hes probally one of the people who arent excluded. not enough to warrent town reads though
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

@golden, i put my vote on you only for viewing purpous. i will be doing that every phase untill i vote proper is that ok?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:@golden, i put my vote on you only for viewing purpous. i will be doing that every phase untill i vote proper is that ok?
ika, you can hit view results to see the poll results without doing any voting-Just an FYI.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Golden wrote:The vote in the thread is the one that counts for game purposes.

The vote in the poll is merely so that everyone has a good visual aid to understand where the votes have gone.

It is against the rules to deliberately mislead by casting the two differently or at different times. Since it is clear you had no intent to mislead, I'll overlook it in this case. But everyone should be very careful not to vote in the poll until they know where their vote is going. I reserve the right to hold people to their poll vote in the thread.[/b]
Understood. Sorry.

I tried decyphering the previous messages.

I think I found out what one of those was about:

O ~~~~tft~~~ ~~~~fr io~ ~~~~ ~~ r~~ A~~~r~t~~
A ~~~~ici~~~ ~~~~ct wa~ ~~~~ ~~ t~~ D~~~t~i~~
A suspicious object was seen on the Demetrius

The Demetrius is one of the fleet's ships: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Demetrius
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:
ika wrote:@golden, i put my vote on you only for viewing purpous. i will be doing that every phase untill i vote proper is that ok?
ika, you can hit view results to see the poll results without doing any voting-Just an FYI.
i know but its a pin to contstantly click it over and over when i wan tto view it
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

ika wrote:
indiglo wrote: I was just getting ready to post about this too. I'll go ahead, why stop now? :D

I think the highlighted is the most likely, however i think its not goign to be at the end but rather mid game. what i gain form it is that hes probally one of the people who arent excluded. not enough to warrent town reads though

I like this thought process. I imagine it will likely be mid-game, or even at different times during the game (if it's true to the show). At any rate, I definitely agree that it's not enough to warrant a town read at this time for me either.

XOXO Epi Girl
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

That won't work. Votes in the poll are not changeable. Once you vote in the poll, you cannot shift your vote.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Also, hello to all my old friends! I am looking forward to playing with you again! :cloud9:

Hello also to all the new people I have never played with before. Let's have fun! So says all of me! :workit:

XOXO Epi Girl
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Golden wrote:
That won't work. Votes in the poll are not changeable. Once you vote in the poll, you cannot shift your vote.

we have a problem then...
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 186

Post by DrumBeats »

My mafia experience is pretty good, I've been playing off and on at Bulbagarden for about 3-4 years. The site has a mix of experienced and inexperienced players, so I've played with both types of people a lot.

There definitely is the option of faking a townslip, hence the minor townread on it. I just thought it should be noted since nobody had called attention to it yet.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I think Golden explained that.
Golden wrote: The vote in the thread is the one that counts for game purposes.

It is against the rules to deliberately mislead by casting the two differently or at different times. Since it is clear you had no intent to mislead, I'll overlook it in this case. But everyone should be very careful not to vote in the poll until they know where their vote is going. I reserve the right to hold people to their poll vote in the thread.
ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
i know but its a pin to contstantly click it over and over when i wan tto view it
That would negate the purpose of being able to have a good visual aid to understand where the votes have gone, I'd think.

And it's more of a pain to have to go through every players posts in order to see where their vote is. The poll has a purpose. Why don't you want to vote in the poll? I can't help but wonder if it's to hide your votes in the thread throughout the game...
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ika wrote:
Golden wrote:

we have a problem then...
Day one is going to have teething problems with so many rules. I'll overlook issues with people getting to grips with the voting system on day one. I expect everyone to be all over it by day two.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Alright, then. So this means my vote is already going to LoRab no matter what, correct? Need I still post in dead red?
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

One more post before I head off.

@ Polo - I LOOOOVE your avatar. Every time I see it, I say that in George's voice, shaking my hands like he did. "I was in the pool! I was in the pool!" :haha:

@ Drumbeats - What is your avatar? I like it, and it reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. :ponder:

Ok, good night my mafia peeps. :beer:

XOXO Epi Girl
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Polo wrote:Alright, then. So this means my vote is already going to LoRab no matter what, correct? Need I still post in dead red?
No, I won't hold you to it today. But, if I had have been holding you to it, then yes you would still need to have done the vote in the thread.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

indiglo wrote:One more post before I head off.

@ Polo - I LOOOOVE your avatar. Every time I see it, I say that in George's voice, shaking my hands like he did. "I was in the pool! I was in the pool!" :haha:
Ha, it's great, innit? I saw it on @seinfeld2000's Instagram account, which you'll probably find hilarious if you're a Sein fan like me.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 186

Post by DrumBeats »

My avatar is Tali from Mass Effect if you've ever played that game. If you haven't, well then you should.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Votes are not changeable in this poll. :mafia:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

So say we all. :noble:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:So say we all. :noble:
Erm, are you sure you're a player in this game?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Polo wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:So say we all. :noble:
Erm, are you sure you're a player in this game?
I'm probably the player that is listed on the poll as Marmot.

If Marmot is lynched, then I'm probably a different player.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

This is confusing. Why is your name listed as Marmot?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Polo wrote:This is confusing. Why is your name listed as Marmot?
That is a good question. I can't remember ever in my life having any dealings with marmots. Heck, I don't even know what they look like. :shrug2:

Regardless, I received a role PM, so unless it has been rescinded, then hi I play mafia. :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Polo wrote:This is confusing. Why is your name listed as Marmot?
Look at the title under his name and the animal in his avatar :p

Metalmarsh gets called Marmot a lot. I can be less confusing if you really want me to.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

I adjusted my board preferences to hide all avatars, they clog up the screen :(
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

Sorry I was unable to assist with the Cypher, usually I'm on top of things but was tied up. But I'm ripped rocked and ready to roll. So say we all!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Polo wrote:I adjusted my board preferences to hide all avatars, they clog up the screen :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Post by a2thezebra »

ika wrote:im curious why zebra was here but never made any comments
Excuse me?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I contributed to the puzzle, small as that contribution may have been.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

So say we all!

I was going to catch up first, but I didn't want to forget saying that after reading 240+ posts. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Come on Matt let's chat!
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

About all these baddies that is.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

So say we all.

Hey gang. Neat intro word puzzle thing, I wish I could have been here to help. I'm not inclined to award anyone town points for being helpful in that process, because it might as well have been a huge caps lock sign that reads "COME GET YER TOWN CREDIT HERE". Those who helped, it's appreciated. Anyone can help with that though given that it's entirely introductory to the game and is unlikely to wholly define the win chances of either the humans or cylons.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Zeebs! What're you thinkin' so far?

Because I live in opposite land, I'm suspicious of Scotty for solving the puzzle. Derp.

Linki - Hi 3J! Guess you live in opposite land too :)
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Btw, in the show, the Final Five were actually good guys who still fought the Cylons after finding out who they really were. I don't know what impact that will have in the game, but just sayin'.
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm going to just say right now that I will not be broadcasting town reads in this game like I normally do unless I think it is necessary to prevent a mislynch. Different game structure and rules call for a different approach. However, I don't think town is as likely to win the game without trying to work together, so I'd recommend we maintain a focus on team work even if we're not blatantly saying "so and so is my top town read".
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:Btw, in the show, the Final Five were actually good guys who still fought the Cylons after finding out who they really were. I don't know what impact that will have in the game, but just sayin'.
If I understand the setup correctly, I think it's safe to assume that the Final Five probably aren't default baddies, because if they are then the ratios are almost insurmountable from the word GO. I don't know exactly what they'd be, but I don't think it's clear cut that they're evil. I have never seen the show though so if there's additional flavor that may be of relevance, it's lost on me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”