Total votes: 15
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day One

Post by Matt »

Long Con wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Matt wrote:Also, given that it's very possible humans could be mafia, slight scum read on Long Con for suggesting Dee use her power every single night until it's used up.

Can you imagine? LC brings that idea up. Dee follows through. Mafia hopes that Dee goes along with this, targets one of their own Night 1, and BOOM, skates the rest of the game.
This read doesn't make sense to me. Why would the scum ever target one of their own based upon this knowledge? If Dee did not use her power, a scum would die. If Dee did, there would be no kill. Now consider this on a real human target. Should Dee not use her power, a civ dies, and if she does there would be no kill. Same outcome for less risk. I do not see anything to logically validate this read.
Exactly! :srsnod:
Per the underline...

Why not? I think it'd be a neat plan. Everyone is under the assumption that only Cylons are bad guys at this point, with only the Mafia(s) truly knowing. LC comes in, says Dee should just use her power every night until it's used up. When I originally read that idea from him, I thought it was pretty cool, until I realized it's possible humans could be mafia too. Long Con, let me ask you, do you think you're capable of pulling a gambit like that?

But anyway, yes big risk, but the reward is pretty outstanding. Instant civvie cred.

Also, what is the point of giving Dee the option to use her power if there are no humans who are Mafia? Why not just make her role "While Dee is alive, the first human to be targetted at night will be auto saved." Why give Dee the option to use her power? We assume to see the pro in Long Con's plan, "oh yay no matter what we will save a civvie", but considering Dee is actually given an option to use her power, I'm thinking there's a downside as well, ie "oh oops you saved a human but he's bad m'kay".

Long Con wow did you really vote me already? Really tho, I don't care, you're still cool in my book. Put 'er there champ! *fist pumps LC* I still think you could be bad, but you coming at me like that kind of makes me do an opposite No U where now I'm curiously wondering if you're civ. Derp. But all in all, you're still my second topsie suss after Rico.

Whoever said (3J I think?) that the Mafia would be more inclined to see the different colors under the Cylon names...um k. Or someone who just happened to notice it while reading the roles.

Bea - It was a small ping on Juliets, but it was there. Her immediate response of "I DID google it!!" made me laugh tho cuz it felt sincere and I'm over it.

Rico, everyone's looking at you and so am I, but I feel bad cuz you said "Oh I really like this theme, if peeps vote me day 1 I'ma gonna be a saaad panda" in the sign up thread.

Why is everyone begging 3J to town read them? :suspish:

Can't believe LC voted me already. I'ma bug him for the rest of the game cuz of that :meany:
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Never said anything about Day 1 or Day phases. I spoke of being nightkilled early, which, even in this game, would prove out of my control.

Doesn't mean you should mislynch me either, though. :noble:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Rico...

Gaius and Six...

You think they're opposite factions? Thinking about it, I'd wager they're neutral teamies who can win with anyone. :)
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Couldn't agree more!
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Nerolunar »

Inawordyes wrote:
Quick observations: I've got a town read on Sikverwolf and - and I completely acknowledge that I'm being a hypocrite in thinking this, btw - a slight scum read on Nerolunar. He popped in and out in the same manor I did/am doing, but I have conformation bias on my side to know why I couldn't be here. Was at a family gathering of sorts all day. He just basically said "I can't be here, here's my post, see ya later". It feels like making an excuse not to post, which isn't good for a multitude of reasons and at best is anti-town. I'm also probably overthinking this too haha.

Normally, because I'm used to it culturally, I'd vote him to get him to talk, but I can't do that here because votes, once cast, are permanent (if I read correctly), so I'm gonna put a big FoS on Nero and hopefully he'll say or will have said more stuff.
I realized that the thread was open the moment I was about to leave to visit my grandpa. Minor ping on you for thinking that not immediately involving you guys in my private life is "anti-town at best" :rolleyes: You admit to overthinking it too, yet places a FoS on me. Oh well.

Townreads so far:

Indiglo - looks just like Turf Wars
Drumbeats - Seems really transparent and genuine
Ika - Looks like usual Ika.

Scumreads:

Epignosis - Is usually more vocal iirc.
Inawordyes - see above
SVS - something is off, and I don´t know what.

Well, Im much more confident about my townreads than my scumreads. Lots of players Im not used to play with.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lol.

For real, though, I don't see Gaius and Six being on opposite factions, and I don't see Athena being a "bad guy".

Long Con says of Felix Gaeta, a supposed "civ" just because he's listed as human...
Long Con wrote:I hated that betraying bastard.
Speaking of which, I know you can't take back your vote now LC, but what is your opinion on all this? Do you believe humans can be mafia, and that Cylons can be civvie? Do you believe Felix Gaeta is a civvie in this game?
Image Image Image Image
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

Ran out of time catching up, don't want to chance missing the vote so voting for Polo. I'll be back in town at some point either tonight or tomorrow
Morning
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

ObscureAllure wrote:Ran out of time catching up, don't want to chance missing the vote so voting for Polo. I'll be back in town at some point either tonight or tomorrow
Morning

Vote polo sorry
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

OK, I don't know why I am infuriating Rico. That seems a bit much really. However, his rebuttal to me looks like genuine frustration so when I go through ISO's and try to get a few reads, I may have to reconsider my scumread on him. I may vote SVS today instead. We'll see.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

ObscureAllure wrote:Ran out of time catching up, don't want to chance missing the vote so voting for Polo. I'll be back in town at some point either tonight or tomorrow
Morning
This is the only reasoning I can see for your Polo read. Is this why you are voting him or is there something else? Please elaborate on this so I can understand your thought process better.
ObscureAllure wrote:
Polo wrote:My vote proably goes to LoRab. LoRab has been watching but only made one non-constructive post during our attempt to save our asses.
Already talking who you're going to vote for and it's been up for like 15 minute? Well if that's the case I'd actually probably vote for you because you were ignoring letters I was posting. You even said olympic carrier but then put other letters in their place. >.<

Oh hai Lorab!! :hugs:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Nerolunar wrote:
Inawordyes wrote:
Quick observations: I've got a town read on Sikverwolf and - and I completely acknowledge that I'm being a hypocrite in thinking this, btw - a slight scum read on Nerolunar. He popped in and out in the same manor I did/am doing, but I have conformation bias on my side to know why I couldn't be here. Was at a family gathering of sorts all day. He just basically said "I can't be here, here's my post, see ya later". It feels like making an excuse not to post, which isn't good for a multitude of reasons and at best is anti-town. I'm also probably overthinking this too haha.

Normally, because I'm used to it culturally, I'd vote him to get him to talk, but I can't do that here because votes, once cast, are permanent (if I read correctly), so I'm gonna put a big FoS on Nero and hopefully he'll say or will have said more stuff.
I realized that the thread was open the moment I was about to leave to visit my grandpa. Minor ping on you for thinking that not immediately involving you guys in my private life is "anti-town at best" :rolleyes: You admit to overthinking it too, yet places a FoS on me. Oh well.
Silverwolf wrote:OK, I don't know why I am infuriating Rico. That seems a bit much really. However, his rebuttal to me looks like genuine frustration so when I go through ISO's and try to get a few reads, I may have to reconsider my scumread on him. I may vote SVS today instead. We'll see.
Ithink you are infuriating Rico becasue he is cornered,tbh. And don't vote me :grin: let me at least get started.

Townreads so far:

Scumreads:

Inawordyes - see above

Well, Im much more confident about my townreads than my scumreads. Lots of players Im not used to play with.
It's Mothers Day weekend and my Dads birthday :shrug:

I have a few hours to catchup and vote, I have to go to the cemetary & then we're taking my Stepmother & Dad out.

Unless a lot has changed since yesterday, theperson who has most stood out to me is Rico. He kept pounding that business about forgetting "So Say We All", then when I pokedhimback, he was like "just a joke". But it looked more to me like keeping busy. i tried to read Matt & Ricos back/forth last night but Matts casesarealways Byzantine,and I had had a few drinks.

Why does Polo have a vote?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

FIXED:
Nerolunar wrote:
Inawordyes wrote:

Townreads so far:

Scumreads:

Inawordyes - see above

It's Mothers Day weekend and my Dads birthday :shrug:

I have a few hours to catchup and vote, I have to go to the cemetary & then we're taking my Stepmother & Dad out.

Unless a lot has changed since yesterday, theperson who has most stood out to me is Rico. He kept pounding that business about forgetting "So Say We All", then when I pokedhimback, he was like "just a joke". But it looked more to me like keeping busy. i tried to read Matt & Ricos back/forth last night but Matts casesarealways Byzantine,and I had had a few drinks.

Why does Polo have a vote?
Silverwolf wrote:OK, I don't know why I am infuriating Rico. That seems a bit much really. However, his rebuttal to me looks like genuine frustration so when I go through ISO's and try to get a few reads, I may have to reconsider my scumread on him. I may vote SVS today instead. We'll see.
Ithink you are infuriating Rico becasue he is cornered,tbh. And don't vote me :grin: let me at least get started.
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 326

Post by ika »

Long Con wrote:
ika wrote:add in the fact you are apprently null reading her and STILL have no read on me.....

ya i can say theres a lot of problems with the dicussion
Your seeming obsession with bullying Rico into making a read on you makes you look bad to me. What is your goal? What will you say if he says he thinks you're bad? And if he thinks you're good?
something is my goal, i will says omething, i will say soemthing
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Nerolunar wrote:
Inawordyes wrote:

Townreads so far:

Scumreads:

Inawordyes - see above

Would it help if I told you what my alignment is?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Not sure if I should say the salute, after SVS said it. Then again, she didn't salute properly Admiral Goldama herself, so it's prolly nothing to follow protocol. ;)

G-Man, outing is forbidden, so there's not much to discuss about your fake claim, except if a modkill happens to come up next.
What?
1) After either the Admiral or your esteemed host addresses the colonies and ends the address with "So Say We All", your first post MUST begin with “So Say We All”, or else you may be guilty of treason, punishable by time in the brig, or other punishments up to and including death, and by generally being branded a cylon sympathiser by the rest of the population.
This is the rule. Why would it be an issue saying it after I said it? Someone earlier (G Man,maybe?) said they were gonna say it every post,and that kinda makes sense to me since there are punishments and I already will be getting one.

Why are you so obsessed on this point? To look involved?
I'm not obsessed and I was joking.
I don't believe you were.

ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
ika wrote:i mena your line of quesitoning was basilcy tryig to cast doubt on me town reading her.

not only that you say not not a meta person but did you knwo you have used meta on me this game?
You misremember. I said I'm not a meta collector, to have spreadsheets from countless games ready to ascertain and appeal to it. And I don't believe in meta being rigid, the way you do.

I must ask, however, where exactly I "used meta" on you, in contradictory fashion or otherwise?
actualy it was JJJ, but still my former point still stands
Does it? In merely two lines we went from discussing your town read on her to having a discussion on principles regarding how would Silver behave if bad and why it would be without any plausible variation.
yes, it still stands. i know her play and what she does and doesnt do as town and scum, you know you can ask her as well. asking me about it looks like a different thing entirely and a way to discredit me and cast doubt
In all sincerity & with respect, could you let us learn to get our own reads on the two of you? This is literally all you talk about, ika. We are smart people, we will figure it out.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'll acknowledge a minor ping on S~V~S, who has been present to discuss puzzle solving and theme-relevant things, but hasn't quite engaged in reads-relevant interaction. By that I mean she hasn't provided a read or the framework for a read, and I don't know that she has said anything yet that boasts much promise to produce a read.
I agree, I have not said very much of value. And most of the talk was about puzzle solving up to that point when I last posted. I work off of pings,and the only thing that has pinged me so far was Rico.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think I'll hand an early town read over to Ricochet too. It's his style to plant himself into discussion with his own perspective and then pointedly contest the perspectives of others that differ (this is not a criticism, I do the same thing). His tone is perhaps a bit more defiant, perhaps even grumpy, but I don't think that's alignment-reflective. I certainly don't think it's a problem that he has offered point-and-counterpoint contests to Matt's theories, because that's exactly what Rico does in Mafia.

I don't think I am inclined to give Matt any similar sort of pseudo-meta credit, because he proved in the 2015 GOC that wild theorizing is a characteristic of everything Matt, not town Matt.
I agree about Matt, not about Rico. Rico is trying to look civvie. Contrast his first big pst before anyone responded to him with his posts in GOC. Different person. I don't even understand Matts case on him,and as far as I can tell by where I am at this time, ikas entire case on him revolves around how Rico is reading him & Silverwolf. Yawn.
indiglo wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Oh reading back I see Rico already answered. I started watching the show, and thought I missed some backstory, and find there was a mini series. So I am pretty much in the dark, too.

But the host says we don't NEED to know canon,but it helps. So say we all.
Polo wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Re puzzle solvers: Civvies or cred seekers. Golden said there were limited chances to solve and time limits. I would guess that would mean negative consequences for NOT solving since I don't see positive results for having solved it (unless the puzzle solvers got something not publicized in thread). His initial post doesn't mention consequence or reward.
Golden wrote:A message has been intercepted which may help us be rid of the cylons. However, little can be read.

Each person may name one letter. First three letters named in the thread will be added to the cypher.

You have 33 minutes to solve it.

~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~
I don't doubt baddies would white knight on the puzzle solving for cred to the point of solving it; I have seen people, notably aapje, doing this in the past. Especially if you are someone people expect it of. So I won't give people special cred for doing it BUT with no mention of consequences, I don't see a motivation for Scotty or polo specifically to do it since their puzzleyness is unknown to most of us. I would not expect it of them, so I would not have noticed it had they not.
There is in fact mention of consequence; read the roles again:
Golden wrote:
Galen Tyrol – Tyrol is the chief mechanic on board Galactica. Periodically, Galactica will come under Cylon attack. As long as Tyrol is alive, he will hold Galactica together and attacks will have no effect. If Tyrol is dead, however, Cylon attacks on Galactica have a chance of causing the death of an occupant on the Galactica, and a small chance of causing the destruction of Galactica and everyone on board.
Of course, we all know Galen Tyrol is alive and kicking, but we all need to be used to the solving these puzzles because Galen Tyrol may die any die and the only way we could be able to save our butts could be to solve these things.

Better to get used to it now than later!
OK, I feel really stupid now. What is the connection? How does this imply consequences in an event?

Posting as I catch up (but who doesn't know that's how I roll by now? :slick: ) so if this has been answered already, my apologies.

Based on the show, the Cylons are kind of like the Borg in TNG - in that their goal is to eradicate all humans. So in the show, Cylons regularly try to hunt down the caravan of human ships that is traveling all around the universe trying to find a new home for all humans.

If I'm understanding this role/so forth correctly, I would correlate it to the opening event of the cipher. It is possible something like that would happen again, and if not solved, we would suffer a Cylon attack on the fleet. With Tyrol around, he can hold the fleet together with duct tape and bubble gum... and hopefully we should be fine. Without him... well, let's not even go there, the description of what could happen is pretty clear.

However, I'm not sure if that's all exactly true, just kind of what I assumed based on the show and so forth. Does that help?
Thanks, Indi, it does. I think. Did this affect opening puzzle solving, becasue that is what I meant. I assume that THAT had consequences.

~~~~~~~~~~

And gonna stop here because I just ran into a post I want to comment on at some length.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

S~V~S wrote:
In all sincerity & with respect, could you let us learn to get our own reads on the two of you? This is literally all you talk about, ika. We are smart people, we will figure it out.

are you saying im dumb? as for sorting her, you guys can, you jsut have to be quicker then me on sorting her, i sort her first in any game in 3-5 pages when we play together. i mean i have leaned off on shouting it so much but i will still make her my first read
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

remind me never to play 5 games at once again pls

I think I'm caught up, and I'm just gestating. There's a lot of one-off votes this day 1 which is going to make it a rando Where's Waldo sort of vote off, I can tell.

No one has mentioned me at all in like 10 pages. which is exactly how I like it :feb: it's not like I've said a lot anyway.

I'll be looking at low posters today, per usual. I'm calling the kettle black in that regard, but RL's gonna be RL. :shrug2:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

S~V~S wrote: Ithink you are infuriating Rico becasue he is cornered,tbh. And don't vote me :grin: let me at least get started.
This is not a terrible point.

I hate being indecisive.

What does anyone think of Epi? He's usually more involved as town.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

G-Man wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
G-Man wrote:All this back-and-forth reminds me of my tinnitius-it's distracting and even annoying at times but there's no avoiding it so you just have to work through it. I've got notes on only about 1/3 of the players so far. I'm in no position to judge because my participation has been minimal up to now but sheesh. Big game is big and quiet players are quiet.
If you're willing to share those notes, assuming they're about reads alone, then that'd be swell. It'd be something substantive to discuss instead of whatever we've had for the last 600 posts.
As long as me posting my notes gets me at least a mild town read from the mighty JJJ, I'll gladly share. ;)

DrumBeats stood out initially for jumping right in and requesting a letter without any discussion. It was a rush to judgement that was poor but, given that nobody (I assume) knew the puzzle was ciphered, it's far from indicative. Being helpful on a puzzle is neither here nor there, really. At least he picked what is normally a high-frequency letter.

Epignosis also jumped right in an declared a letter for the puzzle. He picked E, which I assume served a dual purpose- his name begins with E and it's the highest-frequency letter (not just vowel) in the English language. He tried a few guesses and we haven't head from him since. It's Epi, so I'm resisting the natural impulse to assume he's up to no good.

Ika said someone silenced him but for how long? I assume that it had something to do with not following the rules. He seemed willfully defiant of the voting rules, which is odd, given that votes are not changeable. And a loving eye-roll for the heated discussion of how he knows Silverwolf on an ESP kind of level. I remember that from E.S.T. Mafia and I've come to know quite quickly just to not get caught up in that. Smile and nod. :nicenod:

JaggedJimmyJay got some kudos in my book for not handing out town cred just for helping on the puzzle. I had an eyebrow twitch when he said he wasn't going to do the usual JJJ ISO rallies of awesomeness that he is loved/hated for but that hasn't crossed over into concern yet. I thought your early Toaster Reads on DrumBeats and Silverwolf were intriguing but I will have to go back at some point to remember why (I wrote that note hours ago and this game is proceeding too fast for me to remember much of anything).

LoRab shared my notice of Ika's voting noncompliance but I thought she may have been a little too quick to jab at him with it in the thread. Full disclosure- I am always prone to suspecting her. For some reason my suspiciometer (pronounced suh-spish-E-ah-mi-ter) has always been hardwired against her. She was the first person I noticed that suggested the Toasters might not have BTSC. At first I thought it was a strange point to throw out there but the more others have discussed the potential for atypical setup structure, the more I try to see this as honest conjecture. She fell into the Ika-knows-Silverwolf trap too. :rolleyes:

Metalmarsh89 seemed initially silly but that Epi vote out of nowhere for no reason has me scratching my head. His posts haven't bore much substance but I feel like that's not out of the ordinary for him. That barking marmot gif he posted felt a little passive-aggressive though.

Matt is an enigma to me. I've played very few games (possibly only one?) with him and I believe I've been wrong about him every time. His early suggestion of Scotty doing the puzzle as a cred grab is bold and probably a little too Keyser Soze for Day 1 (and believe me, I know Keyser Soze). His opinion that some humans might be on the mafia team also seems far-fetched. Maybe I'm reading the separation between Humans and Toasters too literally but it's a convenient way to read the roles for me for now. To his credit, he's not afraid to throw some crazy ideas out there that might make people look at him like he's got two heads (or maybe just a robotic head). It would be easier to keep those crazy ideas to himself but perhaps Matt is known for that by now and people would be suspicious of him for not doing so.

Polo seemed to be very adept at solving the cipher. He also threw out civ cred a little quickly for those helping on the cipher. There was a brief back-and-forth with ObscureAllure (who I remember from a forum long long ago as a confident and headstrong player with a lot of grit and spit) but I don't know how much to read into that, if at all.

Ricochet is a developing read. I would have thought he'd have noted from hosting E.S.T. that arguing with Ika about Silverwolf is a fools errand. He rejected the notion that humans could be mafia from the start but he thinks it's possible that there could be two BTSC groups amidst Team Toaster. The latter is an interesting theory based off of the name colors in the role list. Has anyone split those names out yet between red and green?

Silverwolf said she was suspicious of S~V~S and I for not helping with the puzzle. That's all I have for her. I just like to keep tabs on who suspects me.

That's all the notes I have for now. Other players have posted but nothing gave me a noteworthy impression just yet. I'll start back a few pages tonight if I can and see if anything else jumps out at me.
These are not reads,they are summaries. And they were made:
G-Man said: As long as me posting my notes gets me at least a mild town read from the mighty JJJ, I'll gladly share. ;)
To get some cred.

He says what all of these people may or may not have done to get his attention, but he makes no judgment or hasno real opinion on any of it.

Like this:
Matt is an enigma to me. I've played very few games (possibly only one?) with him and I believe I've been wrong about him every time. His early suggestion of Scotty doing the puzzle as a cred grab is bold and probably a little too Keyser Soze for Day 1 (and believe me, I know Keyser Soze). His opinion that some humans might be on the mafia team also seems far-fetched. Maybe I'm reading the separation between Humans and Toasters too literally but it's a convenient way to read the roles for me for now. To his credit, he's not afraid to throw some crazy ideas out there that might make people look at him like he's got two heads (or maybe just a robotic head). It would be easier to keep those crazy ideas to himself but perhaps Matt is known for that by now and people would be suspicious of him for not doing so.
What is his opinion of Matt? He does not actually give an opinion of any of these people.

I think based on this that G-Man just might be a toaster

So say we all (or at least me).
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:
S~V~S wrote: Ithink you are infuriating Rico becasue he is cornered,tbh. And don't vote me :grin: let me at least get started.

I hate being indecisive.

OH HAI! how are you? want to do some read lsits?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

S~V~S wrote: In all sincerity & with respect, could you let us learn to get our own reads on the two of you? This is literally all you talk about, ika. We are smart people, we will figure it out.
Well, I'm gonna say here, that Rico grilled him on this pretty hard. I don't think he had much of a choice.

linki-That's a good point on G-man and one I noticed too. I don't see the point of summaries like that without some sort of reads involved as well.

ika-sure I'm gonna do that now, I'll probs have a bunch I don't know yet and scumreads are kind of tough for me right now so I will be trying to get my townreads set
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

SokothQultuq wrote:I'm so freaking confused..... I donno what's going on... ::head to desk...head to desk...::
I'm not voting you because you're new. But this post does nothing for me, or you, or anyone with a last name, and I would probably vote you on this day 1 if you weren't new.
Silverwolf wrote:

I hate being indecisive.

Epi is surprisingly in my list as a low poster, which is downright strange for him. I think that his attitude exudes something I would like to call "Epithy." He could very well be scum here

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

YAY read list time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me pull up the player list and see how amny i can read before i ahve to go get a haircut
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

a2thezebra - null town

Epignosis - lean scum
ika - IC town
inawordyes - scum
Indiglo - null
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Matt - null?
Nerolunar - post history
nutella - need more
ObscureAllure - who
Ricochet - null scum
S~V~S - slight sucm
Scotty - null oddly enough
sig - maybe town?
Silverwolf - TOWN <3
SokothQultuq - null
Spacedaisy - null
Vompatti - null

this is what i have so far? i am terrbile with off top of head stuff
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ika wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

are you saying im dumb? as for sorting her, you guys can, you jsut have to be quicker then me on sorting her, i sort her first in any game in 3-5 pages when we play together. i mean i have leaned off on shouting it so much but i will still make her my first read
No that is the exact opposite of what I am saying. I think you need to talk less about you & Silvers Meta and let us figure it out for ourselves. Like we do for everyone else.
Silverwolf wrote:

I hate being indecisive.

He is usually more involved. Also starting a new game just as he won the last one, I would expect to see more of him here. But that would be the case good or bad.

I just looked over his posts fast,and I do like this:
Epignosis wrote:I am going to name some people I think are good and some people I think are bad. Old school style.

ika
MM
Matt

That's three I think are good.

Three I think are bad?

Ricochet
Drumbeats
G-Man

That something for 3J. Knock yourself out man. I'm tired after today.
...since I agree with himon two of the three. I have not seen anything from Drumbeats yet to get my eye.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

linki @ Silver, After I finish catch up, I will go back & reread ika vs Rico, alot of the argument there seemed tangential to me.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Not sure if I should say the salute, after SVS said it. Then again, she didn't salute properly Admiral Goldama herself, so it's prolly nothing to follow protocol. ;)

G-Man, outing is forbidden, so there's not much to discuss about your fake claim, except if a modkill happens to come up next.
What?
1) After either the Admiral or your esteemed host addresses the colonies and ends the address with "So Say We All", your first post MUST begin with “So Say We All”, or else you may be guilty of treason, punishable by time in the brig, or other punishments up to and including death, and by generally being branded a cylon sympathiser by the rest of the population.
This is the rule. Why would it be an issue saying it after I said it? Someone earlier (G Man,maybe?) said they were gonna say it every post,and that kinda makes sense to me since there are punishments and I already will be getting one.

Why are you so obsessed on this point? To look involved?
I'm not obsessed and I was joking.
I don't believe you were.
Are you Adama? (Rhetorical question btw) Otherwise, there would have been absolutely no way for me to actually be serious about having to repeat the salute after you, SVS the player, posted it in the thread. I actually know the rules, I'm even accused of remind them too often.

You seem strangely tense about this salute thing after you missed the mark, and about me bringing up that you missed it.
SVS wrote: I agree about Matt, not about Rico. Rico is trying to look civvie. Contrast his first big pst before anyone responded to him with his posts in GOC. Different person. I don't even understand Matts case on him,and as far as I can tell by where I am at this time, ikas entire case on him revolves around how Rico is reading him & Silverwolf. Yawn.
My posts in a game in which I behaved like the most outrageous nuisance for lynch magnet is your idea of me being civilian, compared to which I'm trying to look civilian in here? You couldn't misrepresent me further.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

S~V~S wrote:
ika wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

No that is the exact opposite of what I am saying. I think you need to talk less about you & Silvers Meta and let us figure it out for ourselves. Like we do for everyone else.
if you have been reading i have actually been keeping about 95% of her meta hidden to myself. as i have already said i read her based on the unexplainable bond we have. me talking about her and her slight meta and reading her is something i jsut cant "stop" doing.

like i have already said, we have been tryign to do it a lot less but we will always sort each other first. but luckly due to the annoyance and guilt and greif champ and turf broguth me, we wont be playing togerhter much more unless we get hydras. its too taxing for us to play scum against each ohter
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

What is "null scum"?

I have rehearsals in an hour, after which I'll be around as much as possible for the EoD. I'm getting a real vibe now out of SVS waking up this morning and seeing an opportunity to point a stab at me, with farfetched analysis on top. I'll need to correlate this with the rest of her activity.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Ricochet wrote:What is "null scum"?
null scum
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, can we look into one of my earliest in-game points, which was about MetalMarsh89 locking a vote early on with zero argumentation, to which he has thus far added nothing but fluff and banter?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Of the lowest low-posters, Dfaraday looks like the most suspicious to me:
DFaraday wrote:So say we all

The game started 12 hours ago and we're up to 8 pages already? :faint: This is gonna be a long game.
The game started over 36 hours ago and we're up to 16 pages now. And nothing from DFaraday besides this.

Oh, also Black Rock still hasn't checked in. If she doesn't, I'm voting her. If she does, depending, I'll assess her and either vote her or DFaraday as it stands. We'll see if either bother to show up to the space party

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Ricochet wrote:Also, can we look into one of my earliest in-game points, which was about MetalMarsh89 locking a vote early on with zero argumentation, to which he has thus far added nothing but fluff and banter?
we could.......
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ika wrote:
null scum
What does it mean?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:Also, can we look into one of my earliest in-game points, which was about MetalMarsh89 locking a vote early on with zero argumentation, to which he has thus far added nothing but fluff and banter?
My favorite was his explanation akin to "I wanted to vote you in another game so here it is" and even more lol-able is Epi's lay down of "oh, no problem then!" Epi even labels Mm as town after that, if I recall. What the frak, Helo!

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Ricochet wrote:
ika wrote:
null scum
What does it mean?
null scum
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Rico, in your first big post you went on at length about how you found it so odd that I missed the salute. And you brought it up again later.And you kept that running list. It looked like a list of people you planned to suspect. That looked like Rico looking for a reason to find me suspicious, tbh. Had you said something like that when I called you on it, that you actually found it suspect, I would have been like, OK, I disagree, but whatever. But you said it was a joke. I don't think it was a joke when you first said it,in this post.
Ricochet wrote:Right-o, then.

1.1. I am rather surprised to find SVS among those who have not replied to the admiral's address properly, considering she used to be a similar rulemaker herself, not long time ago. Meanwhile, ika made such a fuss about disobeying this rule, his post seems surprisingly prudent. I am not sure if consequences such as treason charges, brig time or death will be decided by the Host, but I guess the cylon suspecting part would be our task, right? Any thoughts on these two players, in particular?

A full list of people who have disobeyed rule 1, so far, is as follows:

DrumBeats
nutella
SVS
MetalMarsh89
Vompatti

1.2. I applaud the flavor and lore of the "Day 0" task, but such short-timed tasks, contests or events of such nature will prove problematic, if one is not around during that time zone. Just my two pennies.

1.3. On the issue of the final five, their reveal and alignment and such. If lore is highly strong in this game, then I would expect the Final Five finding out their true identity to fall under "certain event" category; maybe Admiral Adama jumping the fleet to a certain location, or one of President Roslin's prophetic moments?

Furthermore, their true nature make the Final Five no doubt Cylons, as opposed to humans, which would compartalize them as anti-civilian, at best. However, given lore yet again, most of the Final Five remained loyal to the human cause, the only notable exception in the series having been Tory Foster, who didn't care no more what happens to the humans. If the Final Five in this game will be randomised, there's no real way of knowing which one might suffer a change of heart or not. I motion we consider them potential independents. The ratio of humans - cylons - independents wouldn't be outrageous, for this current roster (basically 15 - 8 - 5, which is a little more than GoC '16 proved to be).

1.4. I have no inclination to read into the intentions of those who have worked on deciphering the messages (or didn't) - good work on solving it, btw! I remember two past games with deciphering tiles (sorry if there were more I'm not recalling). In Death Note, a mostly mixed ensemble of civs, baddies and unkillable Shinigamis worked on cracking it. In Turf Wars, we indies had a challenge like that and our goal was common. I think Silverwolf's assessment of it is quite fair, but even there, if a person was frustrated by being called out whilst trying to solve the challenge (Polo, I think), that frustration could simply come from anyone who is trying to work it out. Then again, I am intrigued by Polo himself having used this very same angle to berate LoRab.

All in all, you are not getting reads from me based on how you contributed to the puzzles.

1.5. We have three players having voted straight out of the gate and this I'm interested in. I supposed Polo's vote was criticism for LoRab, although it also seems he didn't realise votes would not be changeable (plus in wrong format and all that), but I guess the Host pardoned him. Did @The Host also pardon ika's vote or is it stuck on null for this phase? I don't know what's so hard about using the "View results" button, tbqh.

That leaves MetalMarsh89, who voted early Epignosis without any reasoning and with a confusing vote post format which I'm confused whether it makes the vote valid or not. Anyway, in his case, I think his (rather annoying) early votes / no-reason votes shenanigans have been a long practice of him, unfortunately not backed every time by him being a civilian. I could therefore see myself voting to lynch him for it, toDay.

1.6. Regarding JJJ's stated intentions of gameplay, I'd just say play the way you want to play.

1.7. Lastly, we could always resort to a policy lynch on Matt. :nicenod:

I'm not much in the mood to post more, for now. If there'll be more cases coming up, I'll look into them, I guess.

I have rehearsals in an hour, after which I'll be around as much as possible for the EoD. I'm getting a real vibe now out of SVS waking up this morning and seeing an opportunity to point a stab at me, with farfetched analysis on top. I'll need to correlate this with the rest of her activity.
This morning? What did you think it was when I asked you yesterday about why you were obsessed with this? This did not come out of left field as you are implying. Do you have an opinion about G-Man?

Linki @ika, thank you for that answer. I will keep that in mind :)
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

btw happy mothers day to all those mothers out there

HAPPY MOTHER DAY SLVER
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Scotty wrote:
My favorite was his explanation akin to "I wanted to vote you in another game so here it is" and even more lol-able is Epi's lay down of "oh, no problem then!" Epi even labels Mm as town after that, if I recall. What the frak, Helo!
wut

Yeah, that banter came roughly 24 hours after he voted.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Town or leaning that way:

ika
JJJ
polo
Drumbeats
Zebra
Matt
Indiglo

Null town-meaning nothing pings but not enough to say town for sure:

LoRab
Marmot
nutella
SVS-I realize this is a change but I like her recent posts as I agree with her on a couple points
sig

Ones I can't read and am not gonna try:

Black Rock-no posts
bea-not enough to go on
D'Faraday-one post that says nothing
Glorfindel-not enough to go on
juliets-need more time
Long Con-need more time
Neurolunar-need more
Scotty-need more
SokothQultuq-one post
SpaceDaisy-busy with RL
Vompatti-unreadable enigma

Possible Scum:

Epi-not enough posting or interest in the game
Rico-still pings despite seemingly genuinely frustrated with me-I'm wavering a bit but not enough to take him off the list yet
Gman-Those summaries and nothing else are not sitting all that well
INAWORDYES-was inactive as scum in previous game
ObscureAllure-polo vote pinged a bit
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:btw happy mothers day to all those mothers out there

HAPPY MOTHER DAY SLVER
Thanks ika :hugs:
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:
ika wrote:btw happy mothers day to all those mothers out there

HAPPY MOTHER DAY SLVER
Thanks ika :hugs:
BEST PAGE TOP EVEA *HUGS*

also im gonna go read th list and comment on it
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

What I've noticed with MM-he does this a lot early game and it's NAI-not alignment indicative for him.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:
Scotty wrote:
wut

Yeah, that banter came roughly 24 hours after he voted.
I heard that saying somewhere. Isn't that from the show?

Yeah, MM seemed like he made up a reason but thought really long and hard about it after. Like deploying a nuke and then contemplating his choice as New York is blown to smithereens.

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:Town or leaning that way:

ika
JJJ
polo
Drumbeats could you explin this one i dont recall him
Zebra
Matt
Indiglo

Null town-meaning nothing pings but not enough to say town for sure:

LoRab could you explain
Marmot
nutella explain this one?
SVS-I realize this is a change but I like her recent posts as I agree with her on a couple points
sig i put him a light town

Ones I can't read and am not gonna try:

Black Rock-no posts
bea-not enough to go on
D'Faraday-one post that says nothing
Glorfindel-not enough to go on
juliets-need more time
Long Con-need more time
Neurolunar-need more
Scotty-need more i find him a little more on the scum side for ~reasons~
SokothQultuq-one post
SpaceDaisy-busy with RL
Vompatti-unreadable enigma

Possible Scum:

Epi-not enough posting or interest in the game
Rico-still pings despite seemingly genuinely frustrated with me-I'm wavering a bit but not enough to take him off the list yet
Gman-Those summaries and nothing else are not sitting all that well
INAWORDYES-was inactive as scum in previous game
ObscureAllure-polo vote pinged a bit
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

the rest i mostly agree.

@rico, ifs funny that you dont know null scum if you have been more then 4 years
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:Rico, in your first big post you went on at length about how you found it so odd that I missed the salute. And you brought it up again later.And you kept that running list. It looked like a list of people you planned to suspect. That looked like Rico looking for a reason to find me suspicious, tbh. Had you said something like that when I called you on it, that you actually found it suspect, I would have been like, OK, I disagree, but whatever. But you said it was a joke. I don't think it was a joke when you first said it,in this post.
Ricochet wrote:Right-o, then.

1.1. I am rather surprised to find SVS among those who have not replied to the admiral's address properly, considering she used to be a similar rulemaker herself, not long time ago. Meanwhile, ika made such a fuss about disobeying this rule, his post seems surprisingly prudent. I am not sure if consequences such as treason charges, brig time or death will be decided by the Host, but I guess the cylon suspecting part would be our task, right? Any thoughts on these two players, in particular?

A full list of people who have disobeyed rule 1, so far, is as follows:

DrumBeats
nutella
SVS
MetalMarsh89
Vompatti

1.2. I applaud the flavor and lore of the "Day 0" task, but such short-timed tasks, contests or events of such nature will prove problematic, if one is not around during that time zone. Just my two pennies.

1.3. On the issue of the final five, their reveal and alignment and such. If lore is highly strong in this game, then I would expect the Final Five finding out their true identity to fall under "certain event" category; maybe Admiral Adama jumping the fleet to a certain location, or one of President Roslin's prophetic moments?

Furthermore, their true nature make the Final Five no doubt Cylons, as opposed to humans, which would compartalize them as anti-civilian, at best. However, given lore yet again, most of the Final Five remained loyal to the human cause, the only notable exception in the series having been Tory Foster, who didn't care no more what happens to the humans. If the Final Five in this game will be randomised, there's no real way of knowing which one might suffer a change of heart or not. I motion we consider them potential independents. The ratio of humans - cylons - independents wouldn't be outrageous, for this current roster (basically 15 - 8 - 5, which is a little more than GoC '16 proved to be).

1.4. I have no inclination to read into the intentions of those who have worked on deciphering the messages (or didn't) - good work on solving it, btw! I remember two past games with deciphering tiles (sorry if there were more I'm not recalling). In Death Note, a mostly mixed ensemble of civs, baddies and unkillable Shinigamis worked on cracking it. In Turf Wars, we indies had a challenge like that and our goal was common. I think Silverwolf's assessment of it is quite fair, but even there, if a person was frustrated by being called out whilst trying to solve the challenge (Polo, I think), that frustration could simply come from anyone who is trying to work it out. Then again, I am intrigued by Polo himself having used this very same angle to berate LoRab.

All in all, you are not getting reads from me based on how you contributed to the puzzles.

1.5. We have three players having voted straight out of the gate and this I'm interested in. I supposed Polo's vote was criticism for LoRab, although it also seems he didn't realise votes would not be changeable (plus in wrong format and all that), but I guess the Host pardoned him. Did @The Host also pardon ika's vote or is it stuck on null for this phase? I don't know what's so hard about using the "View results" button, tbqh.

That leaves MetalMarsh89, who voted early Epignosis without any reasoning and with a confusing vote post format which I'm confused whether it makes the vote valid or not. Anyway, in his case, I think his (rather annoying) early votes / no-reason votes shenanigans have been a long practice of him, unfortunately not backed every time by him being a civilian. I could therefore see myself voting to lynch him for it, toDay.

1.6. Regarding JJJ's stated intentions of gameplay, I'd just say play the way you want to play.

1.7. Lastly, we could always resort to a policy lynch on Matt. :nicenod:

I'm not much in the mood to post more, for now. If there'll be more cases coming up, I'll look into them, I guess.

This morning? What did you think it was when I asked you yesterday about why you were obsessed with this? This did not come out of left field as you are implying. Do you have an opinion about G-Man?

Linki @ika, thank you for that answer. I will keep that in mind :)
Yes, you once made a playful "post X in your first post of the game" rule for a previous game you Hosted, so it surprised me that you were among the people to miss the (non-playful, this) rule in here. And I made the list for everyone to see. A rule is a rule and people must know who didn't abide.

What was I supposed to find suspect, the second time? That you posted the salute yourself, in a totally random context?

I never implied my first time calling on you on it (which was when you actually broke a rule) was a joke, are we even talking about the same thing? :confused:

Yesterday you asked me and I said it was a joke. Today you're taking it in disbelief and weaving a suspicion on me. Sprinkled with misrepresenting a lot of things about this subject and others about me.

Yep, I'm starting to sense JTM SVS (you were 3rd party killer) starting the weave machine on me.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ika wrote:the rest i mostly agree.

@rico, ifs funny that you dont know null scum if you have been more then 4 years
What are you talking about?

Is it that hard to explain a mashup of two concepts, namely null and scum?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Silverwolf wrote:
What I've noticed with MM-he does this a lot early game and it's NAI-not alignment indicative for him.
Would it matter that a fair amount of times he didn't exactly flip civilian?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

ika wrote:Scotty-need more i find him a little more on the scum side for ~reasons~
Sometimes cookies go missing from the pantry but that doesn't mean I'm gonna start suspecting the vacuum cleaner.

Return to “Previous Jobs”