33%

Total votes: 15
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day One

Post by Ricochet »

Polo wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Missed this in real time and only saw it now in ISO.
ika wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:You put a permanent vote on someone for typos when they are known to typo a lot? Are you calling for a PL on ika? I will fight you hard on that as I strongly believe he is town. I don't let my townreads get lynched, especially not policy lynched.
Welcome to Vompatti Mafia. XD

(I'm not defending him. I have no clue about him and probably never will.)
we played a heist game with him. i think he will be fairly readable as time goes on
lmao

would pay real gold to see Vompatti deciphered
Vomps kinda gave his role publicly in EST Mafia but he's damn weird I couldn't take him for granted and actually thought he was mafia.
I know. You voted him lynched. :dark:

He gave away being bad in one game, maybe we just have to wait. XD
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Ricochet wrote:
Polo wrote:Glorfindel also failed to say So Say We All, along with Vompatti.

S~V~S, Metalmarsh89, SokothQultuq, Nutella and Drumbeats also failed to begin their first post with So Say We All.
This is quite the free comment...
I definitely am not trying to get folks to lynch them for that, but keep in mind that they could suffer punishment for disobeying this rule: "After either the Admiral or your esteemed host addresses the colonies and ends the address with "So Say We All", your first post MUST begin with “So Say We All”, or else you may be guilty of treason, punishable by time in the brig, or other punishments up to and including death, and by generally being branded a cylon sympathiser by the rest of the population."

In case any of them gets silenced tomorrow because they're in the brig (which means silence + no vote on next lynch poll) and this punishment is not publicly announced by our good host, we should all tread carefully and not promptly go after these artificially inactive people just because they didn't read the rules carefully.

Although there might be a chance that one or some roles could be prohibited to say "So Say We All" (perhaps one of the Cylons or the secret role). That'd make things too easy for us to detect who's scum, tho.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

I would like a shower. I'm posting this even though I'm behind, so I don't know if Simon said to say "So say we all."
Ricochet wrote:Epignosis is becoming a lynch subject and I can't say his posts are defensible. He cut short his D0 activity and his return was apparently in low mood. Of substance was only a top/bottom 3, posted (at JJJ's request?) without reasoning. The sequence of banter with MM, especially around MM's wild vote on him, seems casual dismissal. Anyway, as non-contributors go, his name is pretty relevant. I'm not entirely sure what read to extract out of this, the only instance I remember of him intentionally wanting to pedal less in a mafia game was THM (civilian) and even then he got in slight trouble for it.
There's a game-related reason I cut my Day 0 posts short. I'm just not going to blurt out why like someone else did. But it became bedtime for me anyway.

As for today, I've been spending time with mothers and grandmothers. I just got home.

If I get lynched because I'm not here and everyone thinks I should post a hundred times during Mothers Day weekend when our dryer died, that's okay. It happens. I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it, and I'm not going to post more just because people think I should. I've just finished a big game that exhausted my mental faculties and my nerves.
Silverwolf wrote:
S~V~S wrote: Ithink you are infuriating Rico becasue he is cornered,tbh. And don't vote me :grin: let me at least get started.
This is not a terrible point.

I hate being indecisive.

What does anyone think of Epi? He's usually more involved as town.
You've played something to effect of two or three games with me. I'm not "usually" more anything, despite what people insist.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ika - This will probably come out as funny and anticlimactic, nevertheless to my absolute zero surprise, if I'd split ika's ISO in the point where the two of us started talking, most of what happened before and most of what happened after [ratio right now is 1:3, btw] would (still) not inspire me much towards a definitive read. Before, it was him mostly asking for reads and meta and sharing or questioning some views made by others. Afterwards, meta talk with me, LoRab and LC among others, more reads and a "convo" turned "suss" turned whatever-the-frak-this-is-supposed-to-be on me.

On a personal level, I am dispirited and find it profoundly disagreeable that he won't reason his read/scumcall and he won't clarify what he's labelling me as. I don't tend to accept that from anybody, so I don't see why ika should be the big exception. I don't demand Pulitzer case-making, re: his idea of any case he'd make being "shitty" - although if "shitty" would stand for his reasoning being weaksauce, isn't that self-defeating?

Usually, this resistance to offer a decent reasoning for a read would earn anyone scumpings from me... yet I confess that my perception is becoming tampered by the eternal ika-reads-silver and silver-reads-ika business. I see no signs of either having doubts about their townreads and past games point to this thing usually checking out. He claims he'd stay frak clear of Silver if scum and I see no sign of him finding it even remotely conceivable the thought of cheating your way by the doing the exact thing the other would expect, so... what do I know?

The only distant thought in the back of my head is the variant of both ika and silverwolf being bad, for which I don't recall them ever providing esoteric meta on what happens. If that's in any way true, I could see a lot of linking in them tag teaming to suss the frak out of me.

I have only a few minor issues with ika's ISO, otherwise, but it's not conclusive. I don't get why he felt the need to flub the voting process, especially after having made a post in which he seemed cognizant of how said voting process is supposed to work. If the Host wouldn't have pardoned his move, I would have grown quite suspicious of him trying to check out of a Day 1 serious vote. Then again, civ ika did almost every flub in the book in the game I hosted, from sockgaffing to giving no fraks to the terms of being cursed, thusly this angle remains inconclusive.

A second minor thing would be him letting zebra slide from offering reads, whilst treating me like a bull at the rodeo.

Bottom line, if my interaction with ika wouldn't have driven down Insane Lane, reading his ISO right now would have earned no conclusive assessment.

I'm going to call this

null null
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I am getting sleepy, I have classes and rehearsals tomorrow and the 6am EoD is impossible for me anyway, so I'll cut it short by saying I would mainly pursue two leads toDay. MetalMarsh for what I've already said. His moves so far are fluff and his vote screams pure slap something on the voteboard. Indeed one can for sure put an alignment indicator on this, nevertheless I have grown increasingly weary of such shenanigans from him and he has a healthy record of being scum or indy and pulling antics or zero-invested actions. Tell me what I should see, if you think otherwise.

Second would be SVS, also for things I've said, but I'll sum it up. Her reaction to being called out for flubbing Rule 1 seems tense, to the point of not even taking a joke for what it is anymore. But more seriously, my interaction with her, on the subject of suspecting me, ended up giving me the real sense of her possibly finding an opening to dig me up, plus her argumentation being seriously filled with misrepresentation. Out of these two leads, the former is a so-so, I'll admit, because civ SVS can equally twitch at her being referenced in ways she dislikes, but the latter for me gives me the vibe of SVS in games she was bad.

If pushing for a third name, purely based on what I managed to look into toDay, it would be zebra tbqh.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Black Rock »

a2thezebra wrote:Black Rock never lurks or fails to be present when she's town. Mafia is the box.
Or the game started on a Friday night, and I have busy. :faint: What's the chances? We can take bets on how this is going to go. I'm confidant on my end.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:@ Epi can you explain your read of Drumbeats? Even though I show up on his list, I feel pretty good about him.
Out of the gate, DrumBeats was swift to begin solving the puzzles. He thus strikes me as a person who pays attention to detail and has a mind geared toward obtaining the maximum amount of information available to make a logical move. He was even correcting people. So the questions he is asking ("Are we allowed to change votes here? I figured that the poll would lock it." for example), to me, do not jive with the initial impression I have of him. I think he's very capable and I think he's subtly overplaying the new guy card.
ika wrote:ok im all caught up, based on what i have seen in my 3 games with epi i find it odd as well hes not dong anything
I find it odd that you're breaking the rules.
sig wrote:Yeah so all three of Glorfindel's posts are fluffy (also thanks for the congratulation) :)
I'm not liking that, I'd like some content from him.

I'm surprised by how few posts we have from Epi, true he did just finish another game, but besides his puzzle solving stuff he hasn't put forth much content.
Multiple reasons for that- some game-related, and some not so much.
sig wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I am going to name some people I think are good and some people I think are bad. Old school style.

ika
MM
Matt

That's three I think are good.

Three I think are bad?

Ricochet
Drumbeats
G-Man

That something for 3J. Knock yourself out man. I'm tired after today.
This is his list I find it interesting.
@Epi could you explain your mafia reads?
Why is my list...

interesting? :dark:
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 326

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:
ika wrote:ok im all caught up, based on what i have seen in my 3 games with epi i find it odd as well hes not dong anything
i am?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

a2thezebra wrote:Black Rock never lurks or fails to be present when she's town. Mafia is the box.
Not true, I do believe I got my nick on my PScore when I was Town. You can't really say never because it really depends on the game, and the time of year.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I suppose I could say that she was less present in both Economics and Talking Heads, when she was an evil-doing evil-doer. I'll let her answer before saying anything more on the matter.
Except that is the complete meta of BR. If Zebra thinks my meta really is I talk more as civ and not as baddie then I call bull shit. Especially day one. I can off handly say Zebras meta is to call me bad when's shes bad, it's happened at least two or three games.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ika wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
i am?
I don't know. Are you? :feb:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Black Rock, you have one vote for a ridiculous reason, and I have two or three. I say we form a Day 1 alliance and keep a good thing going. :noble:
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

So Epi has three votes, and I don't like it. I've got a civ lean on Epi.
I dislike that one of the three votes on him is MM who voted out of a joke then have SW and Ika on it.

I really dislike zebras vote for BK.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote:
Long Con wrote:
sig wrote:God it was a joke. :sigh:

Since my post had so many faces. Like I usually don't put so many. I think LC might be mafia, he is setting me up like mafia LC will do sometimes and that isn't very nice. :P
I didn't set you up, sig, you set yourself up. :shrug:
In classic sig fashion.
I do think dog is good though
I'm glad you think dog is good. :suspish:

:P
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

SokothQultuq wrote:Humm...

Null meaning nothing or zero... Means that they are inferring that they are Not Scum? LOLOL That is most fascinating to me. This banter that continues to go on and on to distract people away from the topic at hand seems awfully suspicious to me. Lots of good arguments and stuff mixed in with what appears to be a bunch of cross comms chatter... Very nicely done. Please continue, as confusing as this seems it is entertaining and enlightening.

Looks like the popular vote is leaning very slowly towards Epignosis. Why would Silverwolf and Metalmarsh be so certain?
I don't think MM was certain his vote was a joke vote. I'd suggest you don't vote for Epi unless you think he is mafia.

So I know you're new, but if you had to pick three people who you thought were good and three you thought were bad who would they be?
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

sig wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Long Con wrote:
sig wrote:God it was a joke. :sigh:

Since my post had so many faces. Like I usually don't put so many. I think LC might be mafia, he is setting me up like mafia LC will do sometimes and that isn't very nice. :P
I didn't set you up, sig, you set yourself up. :shrug:
In classic sig fashion.
I do think dog is good though
I'm glad you think dog is good. :suspish:

:P
sig wrote:So Epi has three votes, and I don't like it. I've got a civ lean on Epi.
I dislike that one of the three votes on him is MM who voted out of a joke then have SW and Ika on it.

BK hits you back. :p
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Ugh :faint:

Pot meet kettle I guess? :P
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

sig wrote:Ugh :faint:

Pot meet kettle I guess? :P
Something like that. lol It made me giggle.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

However, on that note BR (see got it right this time yay) why did Zebra vote for you? I don't recall seeing a real reason.

Guess you can call me dog until I stop calling you BR. :P
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

However, on another note*
ImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

Ricochet wrote: On a personal level, I am dispirited and find it profoundly disagreeable that he won't reason his read/scumcall and he won't clarify what he's labelling me as. I don't tend to accept that from anybody, so I don't see why ika should be the big exception. I don't demand Pulitzer case-making, re: his idea of any case he'd make being "shitty" - although if "shitty" would stand for his reasoning being weaksauce, isn't that self-defeating?

Usually, this resistance to offer a decent reasoning for a read would earn anyone scumpings from me... yet I confess that my perception is becoming tampered by the eternal ika-reads-silver and silver-reads-ika business. I see no signs of either having doubts about their townreads and past games point to this thing usually checking out. He claims he'd stay frak clear of Silver if scum and I see no sign of him finding it even remotely conceivable the thought of cheating your way by the doing the exact thing the other would expect, so... what do I know?

The only distant thought in the back of my head is the variant of both ika and silverwolf being bad, for which I don't recall them ever providing esoteric meta on what happens. If that's in any way true, I could see a lot of linking in them tag teaming to suss the frak out of me.
OK Ricochet, I feel bad about this. Null Scum, from my understanding, is the same as null town. I null town people when their posts don't ping as scum at all, and they've given too much content to be null. I can't quite call them town yet but am leaning that way. Null scum is similar. You've posted too much and put too much into the thread to be null. But, some of your posts ping scummy. Therefore you are leaning scum which is the same as null leaning scum-null scum. I use this when I put people between null and scum. I don't want anyone to be dispirited over ika doing this. I would explain why I think he's doing it but I don't know for sure and don't want to give away some meta tells I have on him quite yet.

Also, regarding us being bad together-it has never happened. I would guess, we'd defend each other still and maybe even buddy each other like we do as town. I'd love to be scum with him sometime. I think we'd have fun.

While we usually read each other correctly, I understand how it is frustrating to think he assumes I wouldn't play differently to try to fool him. It's not that I wouldn't, it's just that it would be more difficult for me to interact with him as scum, because I'd have a guilty conscience and I'd probably still do so, but not quite as much if I could get away with it. I'd be active though because if I wasn't, he'd catch me on inactivity.

Hope this helps.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Silverwolf, you cast an immutable vote against me on a day I was mostly unavailable, yet you are here now and could have saved your vote until this time to hear what I had to say. Why did you not do that?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

sig wrote:So Epi has three votes, and I don't like it. I've got a civ lean on Epi.

Explain what you don't like about it. Or why you have a civ read on Epi? I dislike people casting doubt on the leading wagon close to EoD because it looks like you either know it's town because you are not, or you strongly believe Epi is town and are defending a townread. So which is it in this case I wonder?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

sig wrote:However, on that note BR (see got it right this time yay) why did Zebra vote for you? I don't recall seeing a real reason.

Guess you can call me dog until I stop calling you BR. :P
I could never begin to understand Zebra.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Silverwolf wrote:

Explain what you don't like about it. Or why you have a civ read on Epi? I dislike people casting doubt on the leading wagon close to EoD because it looks like you either know it's town because you are not, or you strongly believe Epi is town and are defending a townread. So which is it in this case I wonder?
It's only the "leading wagon" because you voted for me after MetalMarsh. :rolleyes:
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Epignosis wrote:Silverwolf, you cast an immutable vote against me on a day I was mostly unavailable, yet you are here now and could have saved your vote until this time to hear what I had to say. Why did you not do that?
Because you hadn't been around and barely posted and iirc, you didn't say you were not going to be here due to RL (if I'm wrong, correct me here) so I had not way of knowing you'd be back. At the time, I felt you were not contributing and I know via Downtown Abby and Turf Wars that you contribute more as town so I felt comfortable with the vote because of this and because I had no better scumread as I was (and still am) doubting my scumread on Rico as I may be changing my mind on that and want more time to figure him out.

linki-I put a second vote on you. Not exactly bandwagoning and I waited until late today to do so.

You seem to have almost no problem with MM's vote. In fact, you accepted it with very little fuss. You also seem to have no trouble with ika following me. I don't really understand how you so easily accept their votes, and call out mine.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ika wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Linki, I thought JJJ said that about playing longer than ika?
was it? i seem to be thinkging they are the same person right now....

ill let jjj answer rico question :P
Yeah I said it. It had no purpose except to poke you and invoke an impassioned (thus, readable) response, because I know you take pride in your Mafia experience. :P
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Actually Epi trying to discredit me reminds me of Turf Wars where he was bad and did that constantly.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Silverwolf wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Silverwolf, you cast an immutable vote against me on a day I was mostly unavailable, yet you are here now and could have saved your vote until this time to hear what I had to say. Why did you not do that?
Because you hadn't been around and barely posted and iirc, you didn't say you were not going to be here due to RL (if I'm wrong, correct me here) so I had not way of knowing you'd be back. At the time, I felt you were not contributing and I know via Downtown Abby and Turf Wars that you contribute more as town so I felt comfortable with the vote because of this and because I had no better scumread as I was (and still am) doubting my scumread on Rico as I may be changing my mind on that and want more time to figure him out.

linki-I put a second vote on you. Not exactly bandwagoning and I waited until late today to do so.

You seem to have almost no problem with MM's vote. In fact, you accepted it with very little fuss. You also seem to have no trouble with ika following me. I don't really understand how you so easily accept their votes, and call out mine.
I didn't know what I wasn't going to be here due to real life. I didn't have plans. I found out about an impromptu Mothers Day cookout across town rather last minute. We've been gone all day. It's Mothers Day weekend. Do you really expect me to sit here at my computer playing an Internet game?

I don't have a problem with MM's vote. His Day 1 vote is always bullshit and there's a new victim every time. This time it's me. Evidently, you think you know more about what I do when I'm this or that, but you don't know what MM does. That's telling. You didn't question his weird vote for me. Instead, you followed him. :ponder:

I don't have a problem with ika's vote (?) because he's just following you, which I think he would do regardless of where you voted.

I have a problem with your vote. :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Silverwolf wrote:Actually Epi trying to discredit me reminds me of Turf Wars where he was bad and did that constantly.
You voted for me. Am I say, "Oh yes, please listen to Silverwolf! She's always right!" :suspish:

Get out of here with that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Actually Epi trying to discredit me reminds me of Turf Wars where he was bad and did that constantly.
You voted for me. Am I to say, "Oh yes, please listen to Silverwolf! She's always right!" :suspish:

Corrected. I loathe this keyboard anymore. :disappoint:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
G-Man wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
G-Man wrote:I just like to keep tabs on who suspects me.
Why is that?
Astute note-taking on suspicions can be helpful. I've called a few people out in games past for suspecting me early and then buddying up to me later or vice versa. They aren't always baddies but it's nice to call people out on BS from time to time.
Town read on G-Man.
Now see,I got the exact opposite from this. G Man wis not a punch puller, and these reads are ALL pulled punches. The more I ISO the pair, the more I put G-Man in front of Rico.

Why do you think this is town?
When G-Man provided his longer array of player notes that have drawn the ire of some (to include yourself, Silverwolf, and I believe Epignosis), I didn't feel it was a bad or good looking post. I actually asked him to share whatever notes he had logged and he complied, so I don't think there was a serious need for those notes to develop into conclusive reads rather than simply being notes. I asked him for something and he gave me that something.

The small piece I pulled from that larger post (the very first quote above) was of separate interest to me because it represented a curious mindset that I don't think I've had as a townie on many occasions if any. I asked him to expand, and he did: he said he was keeping tabs on those who suspected him now as a comparative tool for later interactions in case something changes (meaning his notes function quite like a reads spreadsheet that someone else might keep), and I thought that was a believable answer. Granted, with a second look I'd say it's probably not deserving of quite the frank "town read" I supplied before -- but I'm making a pointed effort to take as many stances as I can because I absolutely hate calling anyone a "neutral read".

To Silverwolf and S~V~S (and anyone else who suspects G-Man for his lengthy notes post):

Given the knowledge that I asked him to supply those notes, is your immediate reception of those notes affected in any way?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:Black Rock, you have one vote for a ridiculous reason, and I have two or three. I say we form a Day 1 alliance and keep a good thing going. :noble:
I missed this post.

I just actually read you because Silverwolf was comparing you to a game where you're bad. I don't read you as bad so far so I'm up for a day 1 alliance.
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

Silverwolf wrote:
S~V~S wrote: Ithink you are infuriating Rico becasue he is cornered,tbh. And don't vote me :grin: let me at least get started.
This is not a terrible point.

I hate being indecisive.

What does anyone think of Epi? He's usually more involved as town.
Replying as I catch up... so apologies if this is all moot by the time I get to the end of the thread...

I mentioned earlier some players I need to hear more from before getting any kind of read - I was mostly thinking of SVS and Epi.

SVS just hasn't posted enough for me to get a read, and I'd rather wait to vote her until I get a read. Because if she's town she'll be a really good ally.

Epi hasn't posted enough for me to get a read either, although after he made his RAINBLOW LIST (typo intentional :p ) I'd say I'm leaning slightly civ, because our views aligned on a couple of players. I'm used to agreeing with civ Epi's reads.

I'm thinking both these players maybe just haven't had time to get going yet in the game. (Hell, I feel that way myself! :omg: )

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. :beer:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

why do you direct that at silver and not me or MM who did it at beginig of day?
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

S~V~S wrote:
G-Man wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
G-Man wrote:All this back-and-forth reminds me of my tinnitius-it's distracting and even annoying at times but there's no avoiding it so you just have to work through it. I've got notes on only about 1/3 of the players so far. I'm in no position to judge because my participation has been minimal up to now but sheesh. Big game is big and quiet players are quiet.
If you're willing to share those notes, assuming they're about reads alone, then that'd be swell. It'd be something substantive to discuss instead of whatever we've had for the last 600 posts.
As long as me posting my notes gets me at least a mild town read from the mighty JJJ, I'll gladly share. ;)

DrumBeats stood out initially for jumping right in and requesting a letter without any discussion. It was a rush to judgement that was poor but, given that nobody (I assume) knew the puzzle was ciphered, it's far from indicative. Being helpful on a puzzle is neither here nor there, really. At least he picked what is normally a high-frequency letter.

Epignosis also jumped right in an declared a letter for the puzzle. He picked E, which I assume served a dual purpose- his name begins with E and it's the highest-frequency letter (not just vowel) in the English language. He tried a few guesses and we haven't head from him since. It's Epi, so I'm resisting the natural impulse to assume he's up to no good.

Ika said someone silenced him but for how long? I assume that it had something to do with not following the rules. He seemed willfully defiant of the voting rules, which is odd, given that votes are not changeable. And a loving eye-roll for the heated discussion of how he knows Silverwolf on an ESP kind of level. I remember that from E.S.T. Mafia and I've come to know quite quickly just to not get caught up in that. Smile and nod. :nicenod:

JaggedJimmyJay got some kudos in my book for not handing out town cred just for helping on the puzzle. I had an eyebrow twitch when he said he wasn't going to do the usual JJJ ISO rallies of awesomeness that he is loved/hated for but that hasn't crossed over into concern yet. I thought your early Toaster Reads on DrumBeats and Silverwolf were intriguing but I will have to go back at some point to remember why (I wrote that note hours ago and this game is proceeding too fast for me to remember much of anything).

LoRab shared my notice of Ika's voting noncompliance but I thought she may have been a little too quick to jab at him with it in the thread. Full disclosure- I am always prone to suspecting her. For some reason my suspiciometer (pronounced suh-spish-E-ah-mi-ter) has always been hardwired against her. She was the first person I noticed that suggested the Toasters might not have BTSC. At first I thought it was a strange point to throw out there but the more others have discussed the potential for atypical setup structure, the more I try to see this as honest conjecture. She fell into the Ika-knows-Silverwolf trap too. :rolleyes:

Metalmarsh89 seemed initially silly but that Epi vote out of nowhere for no reason has me scratching my head. His posts haven't bore much substance but I feel like that's not out of the ordinary for him. That barking marmot gif he posted felt a little passive-aggressive though.

Matt is an enigma to me. I've played very few games (possibly only one?) with him and I believe I've been wrong about him every time. His early suggestion of Scotty doing the puzzle as a cred grab is bold and probably a little too Keyser Soze for Day 1 (and believe me, I know Keyser Soze). His opinion that some humans might be on the mafia team also seems far-fetched. Maybe I'm reading the separation between Humans and Toasters too literally but it's a convenient way to read the roles for me for now. To his credit, he's not afraid to throw some crazy ideas out there that might make people look at him like he's got two heads (or maybe just a robotic head). It would be easier to keep those crazy ideas to himself but perhaps Matt is known for that by now and people would be suspicious of him for not doing so.

Polo seemed to be very adept at solving the cipher. He also threw out civ cred a little quickly for those helping on the cipher. There was a brief back-and-forth with ObscureAllure (who I remember from a forum long long ago as a confident and headstrong player with a lot of grit and spit) but I don't know how much to read into that, if at all.

Ricochet is a developing read. I would have thought he'd have noted from hosting E.S.T. that arguing with Ika about Silverwolf is a fools errand. He rejected the notion that humans could be mafia from the start but he thinks it's possible that there could be two BTSC groups amidst Team Toaster. The latter is an interesting theory based off of the name colors in the role list. Has anyone split those names out yet between red and green?

Silverwolf said she was suspicious of S~V~S and I for not helping with the puzzle. That's all I have for her. I just like to keep tabs on who suspects me.

That's all the notes I have for now. Other players have posted but nothing gave me a noteworthy impression just yet. I'll start back a few pages tonight if I can and see if anything else jumps out at me.
These are not reads,they are summaries. And they were made:
G-Man said: As long as me posting my notes gets me at least a mild town read from the mighty JJJ, I'll gladly share. ;)
To get some cred.

He says what all of these people may or may not have done to get his attention, but he makes no judgment or hasno real opinion on any of it.

Like this:
Matt is an enigma to me. I've played very few games (possibly only one?) with him and I believe I've been wrong about him every time. His early suggestion of Scotty doing the puzzle as a cred grab is bold and probably a little too Keyser Soze for Day 1 (and believe me, I know Keyser Soze). His opinion that some humans might be on the mafia team also seems far-fetched. Maybe I'm reading the separation between Humans and Toasters too literally but it's a convenient way to read the roles for me for now. To his credit, he's not afraid to throw some crazy ideas out there that might make people look at him like he's got two heads (or maybe just a robotic head). It would be easier to keep those crazy ideas to himself but perhaps Matt is known for that by now and people would be suspicious of him for not doing so.
What is his opinion of Matt? He does not actually give an opinion of any of these people.

I think based on this that G-Man just might be a toaster

So say we all (or at least me).

Reasonable points on G-Man. He said a lot of words without conveying much info, I thought so too.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ika wrote:
Already answered, boss man. Read before you write.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

ika wrote:
Am I crazy or have you voted for Epig yet?

The conversation between the three of you lead me to believe you had voted, and yet you have not.
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Yeah I said it. It had no purpose except to poke you and invoke an impassioned (thus, readable) response, because I know you take pride in your Mafia experience. :P
funny enough i dont take all that much pride in it
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Black Rock wrote:
ika wrote:

The conversation between the three of you lead me to believe you had voted, and yet you have not.
He voted the host option illegally, but voted me in the thread using red after Silverwolf voted me.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Black Rock wrote:
ika wrote:

i voted epi, i misvoted on poll but i voted in red in thread. golden said hes overlookign everyone fumbles on day 1
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
ika wrote:

He voted the host option illegally, but voted me in the thread using red after Silverwolf voted me.
Oh. I missed that. So you have three votes?
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
ika wrote:

and your bringing silver up becasue?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:
ika wrote:
i am reading, but i want to hear why im not getting harped on either?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Black Rock wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
ika wrote:

Looks like it. MM because he's MM, Silverwolf because I wasn't home, and ika because SW voted me.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:
You voted for me. Am I say, "Oh yes, please listen to Silverwolf! She's always right!" :suspish:

considering he has called out the scum team in turf, the scum team in champ, as well as narroing two scums quickly in downtoan abbey. i find that what your trying to pull to be laughable
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
ika wrote:

Looks like it. MM because he's MM, Silverwolf because I wasn't home, and ika because SW voted me.
i like how you misrepresent my voting pattern
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ika wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
ika wrote:
Am I wrong that you only voted for me because Silverwolf did? Is there another reason to be ascertained?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:
ika wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
ika wrote:
Am I wrong that you only voted for me because Silverwolf did? Is there another reason to be ascertained?
read my post now and you should find it soon enough
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:3J - Why did you capitalize "PLAN" in one of your latest posts? :ponder:
Matt wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:What if she doesn't?
Then I'll call an audible on that whole PLAN and do something else. I have a feeling she will.
3J - I know you said you have to run, but when you come back, can you tell us why "plan" is in all capital letters?
Matt wrote:As someone who's seen the show, do you think it's weird 3J capitalized "PLAN" or is this more Matttalk?

:ponder:
Matt wrote:For some reason, 3J capitalizing PLAN makes me feel uneasy. I can totes see Golden giving the baddies a challenge "one of you must capitalize the word PLAN in one of your posts on Day one" or some such.
Matt wrote:On that note, I'll be spreading it further with either Rico or 3J.

Really didn't like him capitalizing PLAN like that. Hrm.
Matt wrote:I'm honestly not sure what 3J could say to make me feel better about the PLAN thing, and at this point, I think I might just be looking into things a little too much.
Oh, Matt. XD

It is very common for me to write out my posts with the same inflection they have inside my head (as if being read aloud). I capitalized "plan" because that's how I would say that sentence if I was speaking it. It's emphasized in a rather sarcastic way, because what I'm referring to wasn't really a "plan" (my handling of Zebra's accusation of Black Rock given the assumption that she would eventually respond to it). You may notice that I also frequently italicize single words in posts; it's for the same reason. I am applying added emphasis to words because they are emphasized in my mind's mouth.

I've tried to convey what I'm saying with a recording:

Clicky

The quality is crap because I don't have a working microphone right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Epignosis wrote:

This is a further discredit. Nowhere did I imply, in any way, shape, or form that people should listen to me because I'm always right. I never once even came close to saying that.

Return to “Previous Jobs”