Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day One

Post by Black Rock »

ika wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
ika wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
ika wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
I was just trying to help with another perspective from someone who has played with him longer.
golden said the same thing about MP in champ game calling him town. MP was scum
Hey, I'm not set Epig is town. It's day one. There's just not any reason for me to vote him.

I did miss your reason. You have way to many posts to look through. Can you help a lady out? It would be helpful to see all positions here.
well adding in dsicreding silver and ignoring other votes (example turf wars)

he has low activity (truf wars)

funny enough in the short term of champ game he was much diffrent to silver the he is now
That was the reasons at the time of casting your vote?
i porb had more but i forgot them. i dont keep track of my reasons or anything.
Ok, fair enough.
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
indiglo wrote:I had forgotten that. Yes, that may affect my immediate knee-jerk reaction to that particular post. Here is what I still find interesting about that back-and-forth after re-reading it.

You asked him:
If you're willing to share those notes, assuming they're about reads alone, then that'd be swell. It'd be something substantive to discuss instead of whatever we've had for the last 600 posts.
My understanding of this, is that you (JJJ) were asking GMan for reads on other players. Is that correct? If that is what you were asking for, do you feel like you got that from his post?
Good eye. For the sake of full context, when I said "assuming they're about reads alone", my intent was for him to not reveal any notes he might have logged about roles if they'd somehow already been possible.

I don't feel like I got reads from G-Man. I honestly don't suspect him though. He mentioned his note-taking, I asked him to share, and he did. I don't think his tone is at all sinister either.
Fair enough. Image

Linki~ with poop talk? :haha: Deja vu :omg:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Is the Huge Thing of Dirarea a quest item from a JRPG?
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 326

Post by ika »

oh and rico if it make you feel better i have a small town read on you.

there was somethign silver said that i wanted to touch on real quick
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
ika wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
I was just trying to help with another perspective from someone who has played with him longer.
I think this is a valid point, because there is a growing list of examples of "I've known this player for years and trust my ability to read him/her" proving disastrously wrong in recent memory. If I limit it just to The Syndicate:

Talking Heads: Non-Syndicate regulars are heavily suspicious of Long Con. Syndicate regulars defend Long Con because they know him better. Long Con is mafia.
Talking Heads: Syndicate regulars are heavily suspicious of MacDougall. Non-Syndicate regulars defend MacDougall because they know him better. MacDougall is mafia.
Turf Wars: Newer Syndicateer is heavily suspicious of Epignosis. Syndicate regulars defend Epignosis because they know him better. Epignosis is mafia.
Scrimmage: Newer Syndicateer and visiting players are heavily suspicious of MovingPictures07. Syndicate regulars defend MovingPictures07 because they know him better. MovingPictures07 is mafia.

We need to learn from this trend.
This is the most disingenuous thing I've ever seen from JaggedJimmyJay.

Who are these non-syndicate regulars and who are the syndicate regulars, and why you have lumped them all together?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ika wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
ika wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Hey, I'm not set Epig is town. It's day one. There's just not any reason for me to vote him.

I did miss your reason. You have way to many posts to look through. Can you help a lady out? It would be helpful to see all positions here.
well adding in dsicreding silver and ignoring other votes (example turf wars)

he has low activity (truf wars)

funny enough in the short term of champ game he was much diffrent to silver the he is now
Yep. I'm that predictable.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I would absolutely loathe mislynching Epignosis on Day 1. I have always said that in all circumstances the most suspicious player should be lynched regardless of who or when. So with this stated:

Epignosis, if you're town then I don't think it's terribly likely you're going to change the mind of either Silverwolf or ika. To continue discussing it with them would be fruitless and perhaps even make it worse. So it'd probably be better both for your faction and for yourself if you'd drop that discussion and focus solely on your own suspicions and other reads. You've proven repeatedly to have good instincts and to be a valuable component of any civilian team, and I don't want to see that wasted.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Polo wrote:Is the Huge Thing of Dirarea a quest item from a JRPG?
Haha, I read that as...

Oh, never mind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
ika wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
I think this is a valid point, because there is a growing list of examples of "I've known this player for years and trust my ability to read him/her" proving disastrously wrong in recent memory. If I limit it just to The Syndicate:

1. Talking Heads: Non-Syndicate regulars are heavily suspicious of Long Con. Syndicate regulars defend Long Con because they know him better. Long Con is mafia.
2. Talking Heads: Syndicate regulars are heavily suspicious of MacDougall. Non-Syndicate regulars defend MacDougall because they know him better. MacDougall is mafia.
3. Turf Wars: Newer Syndicateer is heavily suspicious of Epignosis. Syndicate regulars defend Epignosis because they know him better. Epignosis is mafia.
4. Scrimmage: Newer Syndicateer and visiting players are heavily suspicious of MovingPictures07. Syndicate regulars defend MovingPictures07 because they know him better. MovingPictures07 is mafia.

Who are these non-syndicate regulars and who are the syndicate regulars, and why you have lumped them all together?
I can expand on every example. I've added numbers to the quoted post for ease of explanation.

1. People who defended Long Con included but weren't limited to you and Golden. People who suspected Long Con included me and I believe Diiny among others.
2. People who defended MacDougall included me and motel room. People who suspected MacDougall included you and Matt among others.
3. Silverwolf suspected Epignosis. S~V~S and I both spent too much time defending you.
4. Silverwolf and Frog suspected MovingPictures07. Golden defended him.

In each case, the player with the most experience playing with the suspected player was the one who was wrong.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:
Also, regarding us being bad together-it has never happened. I would guess, we'd defend each other still and maybe even buddy each other like we do as town. I'd love to be scum with him sometime. I think we'd have fun.

im still waiting on this day.....

While we usually read each other correctly, I understand how it is frustrating to think he assumes I wouldn't play differently to try to fool him. It's not that I wouldn't, it's just that it would be more difficult for me to interact with him as scum, because I'd have a guilty conscience and I'd probably still do so, but not quite as much if I could get away with it. I'd be active though because if I wasn't, he'd catch me on inactivity.

Hope this helps.
BUt what silver says here is the truth. i knwo silver could 100% change up her play and i know her well enought that its not easy for her to jsut go "change"

But the more important thing is this: no matter how much silver changes her play (and me as well) we can never hold a "real" interaciton with each other (especially me), in the few games where i was town where she was scum she tended to distance me more and not interact with em as much. now yes she can change that but the thing that will still hold true is that i can just tell what her agenda is by how she not only interact with me but with the game as a whole.

its why when people say "well dont talk to each other" we defaulty get upset, we sort each other by talking to each other. do we spend the entire game on each ohter? no.

i hope this helps some and she was right on null scum: it litraly means your leaning scum but not a full scum read
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I would absolutely loathe mislynching Epignosis on Day 1. I have always said that in all circumstances the most suspicious player should be lynched regardless of who or when. So with this stated:

Epignosis, if you're town then I don't think it's terribly likely you're going to change the mind of either Silverwolf or ika. To continue discussing it with them would be fruitless and perhaps even make it worse. So it'd probably be better both for your faction and for yourself if you'd drop that discussion and focus solely on your own suspicions and other reads. You've proven repeatedly to have good instincts and to be a valuable component of any civilian team, and I don't want to see that wasted.
Changing their mind isn't my objective. They've already voted, and votes are not changeable.

Do you think a civilian Silverwolf would have waited for me to post? She voted for me way early in the day (judging by the fact that she was here a little while ago). Do you think a Sivilianwolf would follow MM's vote without questioning him about it instead of expecting me to do so?

That's the chief reason why I think Silverwolf is bad at this juncture. Her inability to keep my activity levels straight and her reasoning for suspecting me in other games (two, mind you) are secondary, but there.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I would absolutely loathe mislynching Epignosis on Day 1. I have always said that in all circumstances the most suspicious player should be lynched regardless of who or when. So with this stated:

funny enough sonji said something of that to epi in the scum topic when he was going at silver, he was saying silver was coming out better
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:

Changing their mind isn't my objective. They've already voted, and votes are not changeable.

Do you think a civilian Silverwolf would have waited for me to post? She voted for me way early in the day (judging by the fact that she was here a little while ago). Do you think a Sivilianwolf would follow MM's vote without questioning him about it instead of expecting me to do so?

That's the chief reason why I think Silverwolf is bad at this juncture. Her inability to keep my activity levels straight and her reasoning for suspecting me in other games (two, mind you) are secondary, but there.
your answer i syes to all of that. she is town

the fact you suspect her now is hilarious
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
ika wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

Talking Heads: Non-Syndicate regulars are heavily suspicious of Long Con. Syndicate regulars defend Long Con because they know him better. Long Con is mafia.
Talking Heads: Syndicate regulars are heavily suspicious of MacDougall. Non-Syndicate regulars defend MacDougall because they know him better. MacDougall is mafia.
Turf Wars: Newer Syndicateer is heavily suspicious of Epignosis. Syndicate regulars defend Epignosis because they know him better. Epignosis is mafia.
Scrimmage: Newer Syndicateer and visiting players are heavily suspicious of MovingPictures07. Syndicate regulars defend MovingPictures07 because they know him better. MovingPictures07 is mafia.

does it matter? i mena he speaks the truth on the 2 games i was in so how is it disgenuous to show that people on this site could also eb losing to "trusing" too much?
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Black Rock »

That's funny that you had to tell Epig to do that. That's one of his first rules iirc. Change the discussion and accuse, don't get caught defending.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
ika wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

1. Talking Heads: Non-Syndicate regulars are heavily suspicious of Long Con. Syndicate regulars defend Long Con because they know him better. Long Con is mafia.
2. Talking Heads: Syndicate regulars are heavily suspicious of MacDougall. Non-Syndicate regulars defend MacDougall because they know him better. MacDougall is mafia.
3. Turf Wars: Newer Syndicateer is heavily suspicious of Epignosis. Syndicate regulars defend Epignosis because they know him better. Epignosis is mafia.
4. Scrimmage: Newer Syndicateer and visiting players are heavily suspicious of MovingPictures07. Syndicate regulars defend MovingPictures07 because they know him better. MovingPictures07 is mafia.

I can expand on every example. I've added numbers to the quoted post for ease of explanation.

1. People who defended Long Con included but weren't limited to you and Golden. People who suspected Long Con included me and I believe Diiny among others.
2. People who defended MacDougall included me and motel room. People who suspected MacDougall included you and Matt among others.
3. Silverwolf suspected Epignosis. S~V~S and I both spent too much time defending you.

In each case, the player with the most experience playing with the suspected player was the one who was wrong.
In each case, that's a small sample size, I would argue, but assuming I'm cool with it: In your opinion, how does that apply to ika and Silverwolf right now? ika's immediate vote for me alongside Silverwolf (with no independent reason of his own) indicates that he believes she is good.

I don't share that opinion. I think a Sivilianwolf would have waited to hear from me before voting.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:

Do I think Silverwolf would genuinely suspect you for the reasons she has stated?

Yes.

Do I think Silverwolf voted well earlier than she needed to and could have given you more time to respond to her accusations before placing a binding vote (particularly given her FoS strategies stated earlier)?

Yes.

Do I think it's meaningful that her vote followed MM's dubious vote without concern for that situation?

Yes.

Silverwolf, the latter two points apply to you. Please answer to them.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Black Rock wrote:

That's funny that you had to tell Epig to do that. That's one of his first rules iirc. Change the discussion and accuse, don't get caught defending.
and what is he doign right now?
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Golden wrote:
Polo wrote:Is the Huge Thing of Dirarea a quest item from a JRPG?
Haha, I read that as...

Oh, never mind.
I know, right? I thought, oh poor dear, can't spell that. Then I said D'OH. :doh: :haha:

I am now at a point where I am totally undecided. Rico's final posts before signing off touched my heart. I hope he isn't that emotionally manipulative as scum. But if he is, then it worked on me for today. Image

I'm not sold on Epi in either direction. More non-ika/SW input would be faboo and extremely helpful.

Otherwise all I have are a few tiny things that seem weird to me.

Zeebs vote for BR doesn't bother me (random Day 1's are random) but her reason bothers me. And she isn't here to explain.

I don't like Scotty's vote for DF. But his reason for doing it doesn't ping me.

I don't like Polo's vote for LoRab. And I don't know anything about Polo. Maybe an ISO there.

LC's vote for Matt, I want to re-read his reason.

OA's vote for Polo is strange.

Wasn't crazy about an exchange LA had w/ika, I think. But then again, if this is her first game with him... there were plenty of those discussions had in previous games w/ika & SW, so don't think I can fault her for that alone.

A couple of ISO's are in the mix for me. But my summary is that I don't care for some of the votes currently on the board, but I also have no great ideas of who to vote for at this point. Image

Linkola~ posting, then reading. :noble:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

ika wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

Well, I'm not sure where you're getting at. It was just a piece of Epig trivia.
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:
In each case, that's a small sample size, I would argue, but assuming I'm cool with it: In your opinion, how does that apply to ika and Silverwolf right now? ika's immediate vote for me alongside Silverwolf (with no independent reason of his own) indicates that he believes she is good.

I don't share that opinion. I think a Sivilianwolf would have waited to hear from me before voting.
note he said on syndicate alone, he has a much hihger sample and i think the games he refrenced is enough as well. not only that but sevral seprate people it has been proven on should be sufficent.

for us i cna show you all of our games if i wasnt ip banned but burden of porficency is on you to dispute the facts he has shown
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

Wait a minute I'm a TS regular and constantlysometimes read both Epi and LC right. :ponder:
Just like Turf Wars were I knew Epi was bad (lets not discus anything else I did that game unless I'm using it to defend myself) :P
And I was right about LC like three times when he was mafia so far. :srsnod:

I don't like that post from you JJJ I don't like it at all.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:In each case, that's a small sample size, I would argue,
I wouldn't contest that. It is. It's a recent trend, its meaning can be debated.
Epignosis wrote:but assuming I'm cool with it: In your opinion, how does that apply to ika and Silverwolf right now? ika's immediate vote for me alongside Silverwolf (with no independent reason of his own) indicates that he believes she is good.

It might not be wholly applicable to this scenario. I brought it up because it was on my mind, and because the same notion has affected my play in this game already. Were it not for that trend I might have defended you in this situation simply for lack of confidence in reading you as a cylon, but I haven't allowed myself to do that. Instead I am trying to assess every player involved purely for their actual content at face value.

I've already asked Silverwolf about a few valid points you've made. We'll see.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Black Rock wrote:
ika wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

isnt he trying to defend himself right now? doesnt that seem to go against his first rule?

Well, I'm not sure where you're getting at. It was just a piece of Epig trivia.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

sig wrote:Wait a minute I'm a TS regular and constantlysometimes read both Epi and LC right. :ponder:
Just like Turf Wars were I knew Epi was bad (lets not discus anything else I did that game unless I'm using it to defend myself) :P

his point still stands.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig wrote:Wait a minute I'm a TS regular and constantlysometimes read both Epi and LC right. :ponder:

:rolleyes:

I didn't say every meta read ever made is wrong. I am sure there are exceptions to every rule and to every trend. I've nailed meta reads before too. You're missing the point.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I can endorse or participate in an Epignosis lynch without an answer to these.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

hey guess what i gotta poo :P

ill be mobile
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I can endorse or participate in an Epignosis lynch without an answer to these.
shes eating atm she will be right back shortly
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I CANNOT endorse or participate in an Epignosis lynch without an answer to these.
Fixed. Hate that typo.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

It seems like your point is we should listen to SW/Ika on Epi since other newer members have been right about their alignment right?

I'd rather we not lynch Epi today, it would be better to lynch someone else imo. However, I won't actively fight agaisnt an Epi lynch.
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

sig wrote:It seems like your point is we should listen to SW/Ika on Epi since other newer members have been right about their alignment right?

I'd rather we not lynch Epi today, it would be better to lynch someone else imo. However, I won't actively fight agaisnt an Epi lynch.
Techacly your defending it right now....
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig wrote:It seems like your point is we should listen to SW/Ika on Epi since other newer members have been right about their alignment right?

My point is that we should collectively rethink our urge to give anyone a pass simply because they're behaving in a way that is typical of them cross-alignment. It's a blind spot. That doesn't mean we should lynch Epignosis or that I think people who have less meta knowledge are more likely to be correct about a read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Do I think Silverwolf would genuinely suspect you for the reasons she has stated?

Yes.

Do I think Silverwolf voted well earlier than she needed to and could have given you more time to respond to her accusations before placing a binding vote (particularly given her FoS strategies stated earlier)?

Yes.

Do I think it's meaningful that her vote followed MM's dubious vote without concern for that situation?

Yes.

Silverwolf, the latter two points apply to you. Please answer to them.
I voted Epi independently of MM's vote. I used my own reasoning.

I wasn't sure I would be around EoD or that Epi would and I didn't want to miss the vote. Epi was around some during this day phase and had plenty of opportunities to post more meaningful content when he was here. His posts underwhelmed me, then he was barely here. Then he discredits me when I suspect him but gives ika and MM a pass.

This is plenty good reason for a D1 vote. I don't see anyone else putting their neck out to take a vote/stance on anyone. Don't you find that odd also? I do.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

ika wrote:

Defending Epi which I'm really not doing isn't the same as fighting agaisnt the lynch imo.
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Why would you prefer to lynch someone else today?

Also, any other good candidates? :grin:

Linki~

XOXO Epi Girl
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

sig wrote:
ika wrote:

Defending Epi which I'm really not doing isn't the same as fighting agaisnt the lynch imo.
Same general concepts overall though....

I mean it's not same nitty gritty but it follows the same priciples
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Hey, Here's an idea.

If you guys think I'm wrong on Epi then give some alternatives and vote them.

Doesn't seem too hard to me.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I am currently spearheading the charge on the leading wagon.

How does that make all of you future voters feel? :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Silverwolf wrote:I voted Epi independently of MM's vote. I used my own reasoning.
MM's vote exists. What do you think of it?
Silverwolf wrote:I wasn't sure I would be around EoD or that Epi would and I didn't want to miss the vote. Epi was around some during this day phase and had plenty of opportunities to post more meaningful content when he was here. His posts underwhelmed me, then he was barely here. Then he discredits me when I suspect him but gives ika and MM a pass.
You voted for him before the potential discrediting took place. That's my point of interest. It appears you've been here this evening with plenty of time to contribute and even carry on a lengthy real-time debate with Epignosis himself. You've rarely struggled to be in a game when you need to be in a game in my limited experience playing with you. You didn't think there was enough chance of your time being open enough to even place your vote (which would take seconds) before a deadline that was still quite distant at the time?
Silverwolf wrote:I don't see anyone else putting their neck out to take a vote/stance on anyone. Don't you find that odd also? I do.
In this environment I wouldn't call it "odd", but I would call it frustrating. I would certainly like to see more people getting their hands dirty.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 186

Post by DrumBeats »

Alright, I just got caught up, and I retain my FoS on Rico. Though I appreciate giving out a few reads now, most of them were relatively neutral, and one was even a straight null null read.

I'm not sure what to make of Epig right now, my gut is scumleaning Epig for the defensive tunneling, but the read is too slight for me to feel good acting upon today without hearing more.

I've got some stuff to do before I update the game I'm hosting later today, so I won't be able to wait out Epig's answers with you guys, I trust that if they do not come you guys will push that vote instead.

Vote: Ricochet
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

indiglo wrote:

Linki~
I don't think Epi is mafia and yes it is just day 1, but I'd rather not lynch Epi on day 1 when one of the three votes on him is a total joke vote (MM's) I'm considering a few people. I've got a slight ping of LC and DF so could vote there. I really disliked Zebra's BR vote, I might also look back over the RIco thing and see what I see.

If we don't see content from Glorfindel and IWAY soon I'd like to put some pressure on them and maybe lynch them to.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I am currently spearheading the charge on the leading wagon.

How does that make all of you future voters feel? :grin:
I currently want to vote for you cause you hurt my feelings.
ImageImage
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 186

Post by DrumBeats »

Oops I think I used the wrong red my bad.

Vote: Ricochet
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:
indiglo wrote:

Linki~
I don't think Epi is mafia and yes it is just day 1, but I'd rather not lynch Epi on day 1 when one of the three votes on him is a total joke vote (MM's) I'm considering a few people. I've got a slight ping of LC and DF so could vote there. I really disliked Zebra's BR vote, I might also look back over the RIco thing and see what I see.

If we don't see content from Glorfindel and IWAY soon I'd like to put some pressure on them and maybe lynch them to.
Just because it was a revenge vote then doesn't mean I don't feel good about it now.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Just because it was a revenge vote then doesn't mean I don't feel good about it now.
Why do you feel good about it?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Silverwolf wrote:Hey, Here's an idea.

I might agree with you. I am not going to follow though without first assessing your own mindset.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
ika wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

I already waited most of the day phase to hear from you and it's not my fault I can't read your mind and figure out when you'll get in here. And this is the third time I'm saying this-but I wasn't sure I would be here EoD. I was with my daughter most of the day and had other things to do.

Another thing, my vote was only the second on you with plenty of other votes yet to be cast. Again-if people don't like it they can vote elsewhere and tell me who else is bad and why when they do so. No one is willing to take any real risks and too many are playing it safe.

That bothers me.

linki-I have a life JJJ-I'm not going to tell you about my RL but I've been hit with a ton of shit lately-so no, I was not sure I'd be here. I don't care if you believe that or not tbh. I am getting quite tired of the interrogation.

I don't have an opinion on MM's vote or MM right now. Do you have an opinion you'd like to share?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sorry I've been off more than I've been on these last days. Today I was in and out because of mothers day.

I'm completely caught up and like plenty of day 1's I don't have a clear-cut mafia in mind to vote for. I considered Epi but i believe him about spending all day today with his moms and I really don't understand why he has 3 votes (well, I understand MM was just goofing around and ika would naturally follow silver). I don't want to see someone lynched over a vote where someone was just goofing around.

As for silver and ika I believe for now they are both town since they vouched for each other and I learned from Epi and Eloh that a bond can provide you with info that others don't have. I'm also reading SVS as town and indiglo.

Nobody has said anything that has pinged me which is not unusual for day 1. If nothing happens in this last hour I will probably default to low or no poster or even vote for MM for putting Epi in danger with a vote that was just a goof. I'm not saying I think Epi is certainly good but I just don't like how that whole thing went down.

linki, linki, linki a TON of linkis
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Hey, Here's an idea.

I might agree with you. I am not going to follow though without first assessing your own mindset.
I've already explained my thought process. Numerous times in fact. I'm suddenly put on the defensive by you and Epi and I find that odd from someone who is townreading me and scumreading Epi per your GTH reads.

Return to “Previous Jobs”