Total votes: 15
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day One

Post by Marmot »

What is your opinion on the Cylons, DrumBeats?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 186

Post by DrumBeats »

I currently think that not all cylons are scum.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

ika wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
ika wrote:
Polo wrote:
Are you taking this personally because of Epi's dialogue with Silverwolf or do you really think there's no way a Cylon's win condition cannot be the death of all humans?

I'm playing the Devil's advocate here, by the way. Every option is still a option to me and I believe one needs to tread carefully in the early stages of a game.
it it not personal at all, not one bit.

EPI IS SCUM, CYLON NEED TO, DIE NO QUESTIONS ASKED! IF I HAVE TO QUOTE SPAM THIS EVEY POST I WILL
Please don't spam the same thing over again. I do think we need to kill Epignosis again, I agree with you there. But I am not going into Day 2 with the mindset of lynching him. We may end up with the same result and that would be unproductive.

I'd rather see what these missions can procure for us, and search elsewhere in the process. Focusing on Epignosis won't help if there are seven other Cylons we need to eliminate.
as long as poeple still call him town or even consider it i will spam it every post.
He's not human, that's for sure, but that doesn't mean he can't be town.

If things were as simple as "Humans win by killing all Cylons" versus "Cylons win by killing all Cylons", that'd be on the host post right on the first page. But it's not. Keep in mind, ika, that there are 5 humans that are the Final Five: which means Humans can be scum.

If Humans can be scum, Cylons can be town. Until we get some glimpse on whether stuff is as simple as you say I'm not going to just go and say every Cylon is evil. That might be true or not.

But first things first, let's destroy the Ress ship and stop Cylons from being respawned.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

When the time comes, can I be the one to throw the ring into the blazing fires of Mt. Doom?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Prittyplz?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

I'm going to bed now. See you guys tomorrow!
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
ika wrote:
Polo wrote:
Are you taking this personally because of Epi's dialogue with Silverwolf or do you really think there's no way a Cylon's win condition cannot be the death of all humans?

I'm playing the Devil's advocate here, by the way. Every option is still a option to me and I believe one needs to tread carefully in the early stages of a game.

EPI IS SCUM, CYLON NEED TO, DIE NO QUESTIONS ASKED! IF I HAVE TO QUOTE SPAM THIS EVEY POST I WILL
Please don't spam the same thing over again. I do think we need to kill Epignosis again, I agree with you there. But I am not going into Day 2 with the mindset of lynching him. We may end up with the same result and that would be unproductive.

I'd rather see what these missions can procure for us, and search elsewhere in the process. Focusing on Epignosis won't help if there are seven other Cylons we need to eliminate.
Replying as I catch back up. (GoT was a bust, wouldn't stream well on HBONow atm, so we're trying again tomorrow. Poop.)

This is where I'm at. (What the Marmot said.) Epi is clearly a Cylon. I'm fine with killing him. I also think if we just lynch him again, before destroying Rezz Ships, we get the same outcome - with no new info. I'm willing to try to gain info from him if we can (keeping in mind the source, of course) and also look for other Cylons.

I'm not calling Epi town. I don't think anyone has done that. Some of us are simply open to the possibility that his win cons may be different from those of the other Cylons.

Thought of another question.

@ Epi - Do you have BTSC?
Do you know if other Cylons have BTSC?
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 326

Post by ika »

EPI IS SCUM, CYLON NEED TO DIE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

DrumBeats wrote:
ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:And who the hell said there were 12 Cylons in this game? Where does it say that?
drumbeats, theres 8 to start with, plus final 5 i think that could be a possible slip?
Reread Epig's death/revive post. There's an image that says there are 12 cylon models.

Also Nutella, do you belive that all vylons are scum, or do you think some cylons could be town?
but setup has 8 in there as well as final 5
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

DrumBeats wrote:I currently think that not all cylons are scum.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Polo wrote:
ika wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
ika wrote:
Polo wrote:

as long as poeple still call him town or even consider it i will spam it every post.

If things were as simple as "Humans win by killing all Cylons" versus "Cylons win by killing all Cylons", that'd be on the host post right on the first page. But it's not. Keep in mind, ika, that there are 5 humans that are the Final Five: which means Humans can be scum.

If Humans can be scum, Cylons can be town. Until we get some glimpse on whether stuff is as simple as you say I'm not going to just go and say every Cylon is evil. That might be true or not.

But first things first, let's destroy the Ress ship and stop Cylons from being respawned.
Also this. You explained where my mind is at very well.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Polo wrote:

no, cyclons are scum they need to die
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

indiglo wrote:
I'm not calling Epi town. I don't think anyone has done that. Some of us are simply open to the possibility that his win cons may be different from those of the other Cylons.
That is basicly the same as calling him town.....

hhis wincon is irrevant, he is a cyclon is the point
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

ika wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:Reread Epig's death/revive post. There's an image that says there are 12 cylon models.

Also Nutella, do you belive that all vylons are scum, or do you think some cylons could be town?
but setup has 8 in there as well as final 5
Sharon 'Boomer' Valerii number eight
Sharon 'Athena” Agathon number eight

They appear to be the same cylon model, which leaves us with 12 Cylon models.

I'm going to bed now. Fo real

Ika, are you a cylon and do you want us to try to lynch Epi again without destroying a Ress ship so that you can Nightkill in peace and we waste our time not discovering any other Cylons?
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:When the time comes, can I be the one to throw the ring into the blazing fires of Mt. Doom?
Only if you're on the schedule. Image

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

@ika - are you still down for the 4:47 am sortie? Or do we need to find a replacement?

XOXO Epi Girl
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Polo wrote:

Ika, are you a cylon and do you want us to try to lynch Epi again without destroying a Ress ship so that you can Nightkill in peace and we waste our time not discovering any other Cylons?
-.-

i want epi dead at first notice. i know we need to destroy the damn res ship. but the fact people are willing to call him town (hint: if you think he can win with humans or anythign you are essenasly calling him town) im going to reapte my sentiment that epi is a confirmed cyclon scum

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

indiglo wrote:@ika - are you still down for the 4:47 am sortie? Or do we need to find a replacement?
yes i have a 12 pack of soda if im nto gonna be getting damn sleep at this rate
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

ika wrote:
Polo wrote:

-.-

i want epi dead at first notice. i know we need to destroy the damn res ship. but the fact people are willing to call him town (hint: if you think he can win with humans or anythign you are essenasly calling him town) im going to reapte my sentiment that epi is a confirmed cyclon scum

I always wanted to know what would be like to engage in conversation with an old parrot.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

ika wrote:
indiglo wrote:@ika - are you still down for the 4:47 am sortie? Or do we need to find a replacement?
yes i have a 12 pack of soda if im nto gonna be getting damn sleep at this rate
Thanks muchly! I'll be willing to take a turn on that horrifically timed sortie too. Maybe tomorrow's round. And hopefully others will too once this becomes more routine.

Now go find some toasters!

XOXO Epi Girl
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Polo wrote: I always wanted to know what would be like to engage in conversation with an old parrot.
POLLY WANT A CRACKER
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Urgh, six pages after EoD. I read up to the lynch but I hqve to go to work soon.

Short rebuttal to my voters:

Beats - Shocking reduction of my reads both in terms of how many civ-bad calls I offered (I offered plenty scumcalls, not just neutral, again sorry my reads style, especially on D1, isn't black or white) and my ika read. Sorry you were unconvinced, but there's nothing substantial that would highlight me as bad in your final profile.

SVS - I absolutely never said the first post was a joke. Yep, that's about it, in terms of you drumming on the wrong idea.

Why do you keep saying "so say we all", now? You are the only one doing it with such recurrence.

Show explanation abiut what happened with the lynch, not sure how much has been already explained, but here goes: Every model of Cylon can resurrect in a new clone body, as long as the Cylon base (mother? Dont recall terminology) has not been destroyed.

Athena was shaped as a good character, among the cylons, in that she mostly developed feelings for a human (Helo) + getting preggo stuff, then basically joining the fleet. If this game isn't black & white interms of all humans being good, all cylons bad, show makes a strong case for Athena not being anti-civ, at least. I think I caught a fewmore lines of Epig suggesting this thing.

As for cylons resurrecting, I don't know what that means for the game long term. I'd be a total pain in the ass if cylons that are bad and we civs need destroyed would convert in failed lynches, time and again, if we catch them.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ah, I see that ika has had a stroke and this might be the reason for six post-lynch pages.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Ricochet wrote:Ah, I see that ika has had a stroke and this might be the reason for six post-lynch pages.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

One final reminder before I log off for the night. If you see a time you want, grab it. The assignments are listed there too. Thanks to everyone who has signed up already and who signs up in the future! Good luck out there! Give 'em hell!

Who wants to authorize a mission?

May 8, 11:47 pm EST - ika, A1
May 9, 5:47 am EST - ika, A3
May 9, 11:47 am EST - indiglo, A5
May 9, 5:47 pm EST - Silverwolf, B2
May 9, 11:47 pm EST - Marmot, B4
May 10, 5:47 am EST - ??? , B6
May 10, 11:47 am EST - ??? , C1
May 10, 5:47 pm EST - ??? , C3
May 10, 11:47 pm EST - ??? , C5

PLEASE NOTE -

- The sector for you to authorize for searching will be added to this list also before your deadline rolls around. Please stick to the plan.

- Check the timing of the authorization for the person before you BEFORE posting YOURS. We can ONLY do this every 6 hours, so if the person before you was a little late, adjust your time accordingly to be the same amount of late. If we mess the timing up, we may be frakked.

Mission Specs:

- We start with underlined sectors first. Going through each row.

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6
C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6

Linki w/Rico... :haha:

XOXO Epi Girl
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well, frak me on a stick, I never got to page 27!

I'm now officially a rule 1 disobeyer. :suspish: :why:

So say we all, in retrospect.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

I was about to log off, and came up with a question.

@Admiral Goldama - Do the Rezz Ships move about as we hunt for them? Or are they stationary? (For example, once we've searched sector A1, can we cross it off for good as "cleared"? Or would it be smart to recheck it at a later time?)

Ok, for realsies, I'm out now.

XOXO Epi Girl
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

OK, caught up, what an adventure. And shame on me for posting before catching up and thereby missing another so say we all. :disappoint:

This resurrection ship thing is pretty unfortunate, we have an outed baddie who we can't kill yet :/ I hope we can find and destroy the ship soon, but if not it might admittedly be a waste to try to lynch Epi again right away. But if we can't kill him maybe we can get some info out of him :shrug:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Ah, I see that ika has had a stroke and this might be the reason for six post-lynch pages.
Nowhere do the roles fully clarify that, you know.

Do you personally need all Cylons destroyed?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Not entirely clarified with the mechanics of the attacks on Resurrection Hub, but I think I could do tomorrow , 5:47 am, if nobody else wants. I should be at home, hunting for Keith Jarrett tickets.

But right now, going to work tiem.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

indiglo wrote:I was about to log off, and came up with a question.

@Admiral Goldama - Do the Rezz Ships move about as we hunt for them? Or are they stationary? (For example, once we've searched sector A1, can we cross it off for good as "cleared"? Or would it be smart to recheck it at a later time?)

Ok, for realsies, I'm out now.
:shrug:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ika wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Lynch ika too. But Silverwolf first.
good luck with that. its not gonna happen to me that easy
*wonders if this might be a slip*
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Post by a2thezebra »

So say we all!
ika wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:I'm going to bed but Epi dies tomorrow.

He's a fucking cylon and has already admitted to being outed and some of you are calling him town. Face fucking palm.
Are all Cylons bad?
yes
Racism.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

E3 to C3
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

So Say We All!

My apologies my friends for my absence - I've been locked away all day and couldn't get back to vote :(. And what's worse,I come back to find the principal reason I signed up for this game - gone! :( First I inadvertently break the rules with my first post and now this... This is turning out pretty tragically...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

So Say We All!

Wow, what a catch up that was. Like, two hours of reading. Fun.
Ricochet wrote:
ika wrote:
Nowhere do the roles fully clarify that, you know.

Do you personally need all Cylons destroyed?
I find it hilarious that you say this to ika, considering the back and forth we had during Day One. On that note, I have no problem voting for ika first thing on Day 2 if he continues to spam the thread as he seems intent on doing. Don't get me wrong, I harp too, but at least I ummm word stuff differently haha. We get it, ika, "Epi is scum he must die".

I fully believe that Athena is a civilian. As I stated previous...
Athena knew she was a Cylon from the get go, but then rebelled against them and fought with the humans. I'm starting to wonder if the bad guys solely consist of Cylons or if some of the humans are Mafia, as well.
Take into consideration, also, that the role list isn't divided between "civs" and "mafia", just "humans" and "cylons". And there are some Cylons (again, Athena, and the Final Five minus Tory) that could be considered "civs", so no I don't think it's "purely Matttalk".
For real, though, I don't see Gaius and Six being on opposite factions, and I don't see Athena being a "bad guy".
Let us also remember that Golden has stated the following...
It is not necessary for you to have knowledge of the show to play. However, at times, lore will play a role in the mechanics of the game, and it could provide an explanation for events that have occurred or provide you with assistance in what to do next. At times, it may be to your faction's advantage if there is at least someone on your side with knowledge of the show, but it will never be game breaking for you if you do not. It is up to you, the players, how much you choose to research lore during the game.
It seems to me that knowledge of the show is beneficial to the civilians. Well, here's some knowledge. Athena is not a bad guy. Like at all. In fact, she does more for the human race then most of the humans on the show. It's ridiculous.

Only problem I have, and it's a small one...is Epi really Athena? I wouldn't be surprised if Boomer had a power like "If lynched, you will appear as Athena" or something like that. Buuuut...for now, I'm inclined to trust that he's really Athena.

And if that's the case, he's civvie, no matter how much ika cries about it.
Image Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

So Say We All!
indiglo wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:This whole are all cylons bad vs are only some cylons bad thing is interesting. Personally, I believe that only some cylons are against us and others may very well be on our side because 12 scum seems to be too many, especially with one reviving herself right now.

In order to get a more complete town consensus, I would like to hear every person's thoughts on what we are up against tonight. If everybody provides an opinion, we may be able to figure it out as a group, and we will also have things to look back on about this and maybe reveal more depending on how people flip when they die.

My opinion - Epi's Cylon role is a pro-human/town/civ role. So I definitely do not think this game is as simple a set up as humans vs Cylons anymore.
I think I can get on board with this. In one of my earlier posts, I referred to Matt's reference to the Cylons of different coloured font (i.e. red/green). It makes sense to me that the Mafia Team are those whose names are in red font in the index irrespective of whether they are Human or Cylon. Likewise, the opposite applies for those characters in the index whose characters are in green font - they represent the Town. I know that's a Mafia team of 12 members and yes, that's way higher than any game I've played before but thinking on it, why not? Frankly the profile pics of all those characters whose names are in red look pretty damn dodgy to me...

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Yo Glor, this was my bad too, but the colors under each role just refers to where they are currently stationed.
Image Image Image Image
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

A3
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

There was no resurrection ship in sector A1
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Sooooooo

Everyone's down with this plan then? To skip all of the even numbers? :eek:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

ika wrote:EPI IS SCUM, CYLON NEED TO DIE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
Can you elaborate? It's simply TRUTH (hi 3J!) that not all Cylons are bad guys, at least within the show. Nowhere in the role list does any role come with "Civilian" or "Mafia". It simply says "Humans" and "Cylons". Why aren't you acknowledging this? :puppy:
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

You'll now vote ika for shooting down the idea that not everything is b&w about the races, right? :nicenod:
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

So Say We All!
Matt wrote:Yo Glor, this was my bad too, but the colors under each role just refers to where they are currently stationed.
Hey, Matt :) Yeah, I read that but do we know that is confirmed?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Glorfindel wrote:So Say We All!
Matt wrote:Yo Glor, this was my bad too, but the colors under each role just refers to where they are currently stationed.
Hey, Matt :) Yeah, I read that but do we know that is confirmed?
If it's in the guidebook offered by the Host, why would this aspect not be confirmed.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:You'll now vote ika for shooting down the idea that not everything is b&w about the races, right? :nicenod:
Actually, I'm considering it.

He's not just shooting it down, he's trying to effin' nuke the idea that some Cylons can be good.

Athena is good. Throughout the show, she earns the respect of both Adamas, Starbuck, her fellow Viper pilots, and oh yeah, she marries Helo (a HUMAN who is also good) and has a baby with him.

But yeah, Epi's gotta be scum right? :faint:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Rico - Got any guesses for the secret role?

I'm gonna say The Hybrid.
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

BTW, for sake of sanity and variation in our interactions, could we have a do over regarding the fact that I was initially influenced the believe the human-cylon war wiuld be at the heart of this design? Pweease? :grin:

linki: Could be. What is known so far hints at one side of the coin, not duality.

did you ever answer how Zarek being potential mafia would match with him being third in right to become President of the human race?

Return to “Previous Jobs”