Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Two

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:Sweet. Epi, I don't think I would be able to get a voting majority on you today, but I will watch you die, and there will be no Rezz Ship to bring you back next time. Sorry to all the Athena fanboys out there, but the only good Cylon is a dead Cylon.
Really? How very disappointing. I had such hope for you.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

@Golden - Will role abilities of the Cylons be revealed on the first post as the game progresses?
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm going to ISO some players to try and find some footing in this game. Considering others have voiced the same struggle, I'm willing to take requests here. I won't be doing everyone though, I have neither the time nor energy.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:Sweet. Epi, I don't think I would be able to get a voting majority on you today, but I will watch you die, and there will be no Rezz Ship to bring you back next time. Sorry to all the Athena fanboys out there, but the only good Cylon is a dead Cylon.
I appreciate that... and for what it's worth, I'm sorry.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I appreciate that... and for what it's worth, I'm sorry.
If you turn out to be a cylon, will you dismantle yourself?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Ok, ketchup notes. Real struggling not to crash in bed for the night, so it won't be exhaustive. Out of energy bars for reads, as well, tbh.

Dee's power is still a one-shot, even if retainable upon error. The idea that the wisest moment for her to use it would be N1 is a bit of a stretch. Null interpretation from this. Would you two use your one shot on N1, unconditionally?

==
Matt wrote: Rico, Long Con, indiglo - Theories on other humans who could possibly be on a Zarek/Felix mafia?
Tory, if reduced to a traitor and not randomized as part of the Final Five (ergo Cylon). I can't see many others being mutated away from lore into villains.

==
Long Con wrote:Sorry for the multi-post, but I just had another thought: how could ika be a Cylon if the rez ship still exists, and ika has not been rezzed? :ponder:
Good point. According to lore, all Cylons should rezz upon death. Heck, some Cylons were killed by Cylons in the show. Although, gamewise, this would be a fucking massive outing, contrary to night kill flips not being revealed, simply because of this rezz gimmick.

==
Scotty wrote:BUT I can see Rico killing ika to quell the beast (since they both had opposing viewpoints) and Silver allowing Rico to kill ika in an attempt to get him on his back. If Silver is on a different side than ika, I wouldn't put it past her to kill him before he figures out her game.
I've no doubt the mafia may have thought they could smear me with this kill, but nah. I don't shush my verbal adversaries. Ika even changed his read on me after Day 1, so no suss-shushing purposes either.

==
Scotty wrote:I've caught DFaraday before on little more than this, and, again, his 1 post did nothing to make me feel good about him. I don't feel like I have to explain this choice with no concrete info, but I can elaborate if that will make you feel better.
By all means. I've reviewed the case on DF's posts giving a vibe and they give none. As I've said, unpingworthy. In line with people under intense catchup stress merely posting that they are in that process. DF even missed the vote, compared to a few others throwing some questionable votes around, so, despite the fact that missing the vote is not exemplary, I still think it speaks rather ok of him.
Scotty wrote:I do not rely much at all on meta. There are some things that remind me of the way they played previously, but I find that it is not always an evidential reasoning for alignment. In this game, I'm actually leaning civ on zebra.
For what are you leaning civ on her? You say you don't rely on meta, but she did. For entirely justifying a vote on a player with zero posts at that time, moreover.

Any other thoughts on Zebra, anyone else?
Matt wrote:Wait, tho. Athena was on board the Galactica and was rezzed.

When Epi was lynched, we hadn't started the mission yet.

The last square that was officially checked was D5 before ika was killed. Perhaps D5 was too far away from the Rezz ship? In that case, perhaps we should be checking off all of the A's and B's first before anything.

Btw I'm spit balling here. Nothing I'm saying I even fully agree with, just spit balling.
It's my impression we're sending Kat and Hot Dog on these check and destroy missions, not that the whole roster is taking a trip there. So, ehh.

===
Matt wrote:Rico, Indi, Long Con (I keep referring to these three, but if anyone else knows the lore of the show, speak up and I'll include you in these little questions as well) - Do you think it's possible that Boomer's role power could include appearing as Athena upon death? I want want want to believe Epi is Athena and civ, but I know in the show, both Boomer and Athena pretended to be the other at different points, so I'm not ruling this out as a possibility.
Nero's idea of Cally taking a swing at Epig for confirmation was probably the best check we could hope for, in this matter. Although we have to hurry with cleaning out remaining Rezzships / Rezzhub, because Cally needs to stay alive for such a task. And her priority should still be to find Galen, so he can gain the NK protect.
Long Con wrote:The only good Cylon is a dead Cylon.
Agenda talk.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote:Dee's power is still a one-shot, even if retainable upon error. The idea that the wisest moment for her to use it would be N1 is a bit of a stretch. Null interpretation from this. Would you two use your one shot on N1, unconditionally?
I posted without quoting, so by you two I meant Matt and LC.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Dee's power is still a one-shot, even if retainable upon error. The idea that the wisest moment for her to use it would be N1 is a bit of a stretch. Null interpretation from this. Would you two use your one shot on N1, unconditionally?
As Long Con pointed out, what's the alternative? To just randomly think on Night 4, "okay this seems like a good time to use it." ?
Image Image Image Image
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

I have a question.

We destroyed a Cylon Ress ship. Does this mean that:

a) The next Cylon killed is dead for good, but the next ones will keep resurrecting until all Ress ships are destroyed;
b) The next Cylon killed will be resurrected, and all Cylons will keep resurrecting until all Ress ships are destroyed;

?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Matt wrote:
juliets wrote:I want to hear what nutella has to say about JJJ's and others points before I make up my mind.
In the meantime, who you lookin' at?

What are you thoughts on the following players...

SVS?

Polo?

Drumbeats?

OA?
Right now I read SVS and Drumbeats as civ and I read OA and Polo neutral. As I said in my earlier post I am trying to find someone who pings me. So far nobody is standing out. I need to do some iso's to see what I can dig up. And, I'm waiting for nutella's replay to JJJ so I know both sides of the story.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

juliets wrote:
Matt wrote:
juliets wrote:I want to hear what nutella has to say about JJJ's and others points before I make up my mind.

SVS?

Polo?

Drumbeats?

OA?
Right now I read SVS and Drumbeats as civ and I read OA and Polo neutral. As I said in my earlier post I am trying to find someone who pings me. So far nobody is standing out. I need to do some iso's to see what I can dig up. And, I'm waiting for nutella's replay to JJJ so I know both sides of the story.
I'm wondering if SVS and Drum are connected somehow, not saying they are evil, but connected.

Hrm.

Zeebs, when you catch up, do you know Obscure from back in the day?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Polo wrote:I have a question.

a) The next Cylon killed is dead for good, but the next ones will keep resurrecting until all Ress ships are destroyed;
b) The next Cylon killed will be resurrected, and all Cylons will keep resurrecting until all Ress ships are destroyed;

?
I don't recall, I had a thought that perhaps a Cylon had to be in the vicinity of a Rezz ship in order to resurrect, but I don't remember if that's the case or not.
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
As Long Con pointed out, what's the alternative? To just randomly think on Night 4, "okay this seems like a good time to use it." ?
I don't know. She decides how to use it best. :shrug:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Matt wrote:
juliets wrote:
Matt wrote:

SVS?

Polo?

Drumbeats?

OA?
I'm wondering if SVS and Drum are connected somehow, not saying they are evil, but connected.

Hrm.

No, I just followed the pattern. I asked that becasue I recall people thinking he might be sabotaging us with a rigid pattern, that's all. I don't think he is. I am not connected to Drum.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

?
b), methinks.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

EBWOP I don't think Zeebs played at RM or STV, did she? If she did it was a different name.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:
Matt wrote:
juliets wrote:
Matt wrote:

SVS?

Polo?

Drumbeats?

OA?

Hrm.

No, I just followed the pattern. I asked that becasue I recall people thinking he might be sabotaging us with a rigid pattern, that's all. I don't think he is. I am not connected to Drum.
Yeah, it was definitely this that tipped me off to it, but while ISOing you...

Epig lists his good and baddie reads, and you agree with 2 out of the 3 baddie ones while saying you see nothing wrong with Drum so far. Later on, you question Epig on his read of Drum. In the same post, you say you're good with Drum despite you yourself being on Drum's "list". Which is odd, because neither Drum's good or baddie list had you on it.

I dunno, just spitballing.
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I also posted a post or two later that Imixed up Drum with Nero. HE had me on his lit.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:EBWOP I don't think Zeebs played at RM or STV, did she? If she did it was a different name.
I'd like to know the answer to this.

Linki - Oh alright, that makes a bit more sense then. Anyway, not sussing you, just tryin' to figure stuff out.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

3J - taking requests?

ObscureAllure
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:3J - taking requests?

ObscureAllure
Good pick.

I'll be doing these a tad later. I'm in another game and it is also demanding my ISO mania. :rolleyes:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

F4
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day One

Post by bea »

:phew:
indiglo wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:This whole are all cylons bad vs are only some cylons bad thing is interesting. Personally, I believe that only some cylons are against us and others may very well be on our side because 12 scum seems to be too many, especially with one reviving herself right now.

In order to get a more complete town consensus, I would like to hear every person's thoughts on what we are up against tonight. If everybody provides an opinion, we may be able to figure it out as a group, and we will also have things to look back on about this and maybe reveal more depending on how people flip when they die.

My opinion - Epi's Cylon role is a pro-human/town/civ role. So I definitely do not think this game is as simple a set up as humans vs Cylons anymore. When I have a few more spare minutes (we are late getting to Game of Thrones tonight as it, but my sweetie is patient, thankfully) I'll try to do some more reading. I say we all check out that Wiki and try to figure out which Cylons could be pro-human, and which definitely aren't.

Also, let's remember, I don't think we can permanently kill ANY Cylon until the Rezz Ships are destroyed.
This is a whole bunch of stuff I agree with. I'm back at it and only half the thread behind. I should be caught up by some point today. I'll prolly stay relatively quiet while I power through.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Silverwolf wrote:F4
I wonder if we should pick F5 next.

I've been googling "coordinates" and "Resurrection Ship" with different variations, with no such luck finding an actual coordinate given in the show for the ships or the HUB.

HOWEVER, I happened upon a summary of an episode of BsG, titled "Guess What's Coming to Dinner". In the episode, the Rebel Cylons agree to give President Roslin the coordinates to the Resurrection Hub, but ONLY if Roslin agrees to turn over the Final Five to them.

Final Five = F5?

Hrm.
Image Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Matt wrote:Rico - Got any guesses for the secret role?

I'm gonna say The Hybrid.
Given who is on the role list, that was kinda what I was thinking too matt.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

bea wrote:
Matt wrote:Rico - Got any guesses for the secret role?

I'm gonna say The Hybrid.
Given who is on the role list, that was kinda what I was thinking too matt.
I was also thinking maybe Admiral Helena Cain. She was only in a few episodes but was an important character, I think.

Or Hera Agathon - Daughter of Athena and Helo
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Btw peeps, in case it wasn't obvious, I'm off today and spending my day here to chatter about toasters. I realize I've made about 10 posts or so today after several of you asked us to stop posting so much, so sorry about that haha.

Is it too early for a G2H exercise?
Image Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

Matt wrote:For those of you who don't believe there can be a mafia consisting solely of humans...

I can. Don't know who the other members would be, but I can see Zarek and Felix headlining a human Mafia group, for sure.

If we're strictly following lore from the show, I'm rethinking my stance on a cylon/mafia mix team. Why? Because Number One, John, hates all humans, all of 'em.

Rico, Long Con, indiglo - Theories on other humans who could possibly be on a Zarek/Felix mafia?

indiglo - If I've missed it, sorry, but can you give a short list of susses and/or players you're feeling good about?

Linki - Yeah LC, I agree. I know I was the lone voice against your idea, but once you pointed out that the saved person wouldn't be announced, then I thought "well then why wouldn't Dee do that then?"

AND even if ika was human, that does not clear him from being mafia IMO. There are 29 players in this game, well enough for two separate mafia teams.
So Say We All!

As much as I'm struggling with this game, I am enjoying very much the challenging theories you are proposing. I'm not fully caught up yet but in relation to your comments above, from my reading of things Gaius Baltar (Human) fills the detective role in this game and can determine whether any given player is either Human or Cylon. The detective role is from my experience, exclusively a Town role. Apart from the possibility of a Human traitor, surely that suggests that the bulk of the Mafia team is indeed Cylon (not necessarily all of the Cylons either as I believe the situation with Epi evidences). Is it unreasonable to make this assumption? Otherwise, surely the detective role would be nothing but a farce :shrug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Glorfindel wrote: So Say We All!

As much as I'm struggling with this game, I am enjoying very much the challenging theories you are proposing. I'm not fully caught up yet but in relation to your comments above, from my reading of things Gaius Baltar (Human) fills the detective role in this game and can determine whether any given player is either Human or Cylon. The detective role is from my experience, exclusively a Town role. Apart from the possibility of a Human traitor, surely that suggests that the bulk of the Mafia team is indeed Cylon (not necessarily all of the Cylons either as I believe the situation with Epi evidences). Is it unreasonable to make this assumption? Otherwise, surely the detective role would be nothing but a farce :shrug:
Hmm, you're probably right about that. I still think, almost above any other pairing from the show, that Gaius and Six may be connected in the game, so whoever brought up the possibility of them having a Lovers role would be right, I think.

Glorfy! I screamed and screamed at Golden for not allowing us to be Mafia mates like I asked in the sign up chat. He got a strong lecture, let me tell you! :mad:
Image Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Glorfindel wrote:
Matt wrote:For those of you who don't believe there can be a mafia consisting solely of humans...

I can. Don't know who the other members would be, but I can see Zarek and Felix headlining a human Mafia group, for sure.

If we're strictly following lore from the show, I'm rethinking my stance on a cylon/mafia mix team. Why? Because Number One, John, hates all humans, all of 'em.

Rico, Long Con, indiglo - Theories on other humans who could possibly be on a Zarek/Felix mafia?

indiglo - If I've missed it, sorry, but can you give a short list of susses and/or players you're feeling good about?

Linki - Yeah LC, I agree. I know I was the lone voice against your idea, but once you pointed out that the saved person wouldn't be announced, then I thought "well then why wouldn't Dee do that then?"

AND even if ika was human, that does not clear him from being mafia IMO. There are 29 players in this game, well enough for two separate mafia teams.
So Say We All!

I've seen role checkers who were both civ and bad. Also, that role could be less of a role checker, or even alignment checker, and more of a species checker, so to speak (I can't think of the right terminology). I'm thinking of when Illy and I hosted an Angel game--I'm pretty sure we had a role that could check if someone was vamp, human, or demon--or it was in a different Buffyverse game that I played and sorry to Long Rock for conflating games if that's the case. But, point being, that you couldn't tell if someone was necessarily bad, just because they were a vampire, for instance (Angel being good for most of the game, and Spike was a civ). So, it could be a cylon detector, but you can't tell if they're a good cylon or an evil cylon.

Also, I feel like crap today, and yet am at work for another several hours. So I'll be on sporadically during our board meeting (spoiler alert: clergy don't always pay attention during the entirety of board of trustees meetings...and sometimes we multi-task..don't tell anyone...). And my posts will be through a haze of possible fever and general ick-feeling.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Advance warning.

I will not be around that much today to answer questions etc. I'll pop in to answer as and when I can.

Also, the next night phase will be 48 hours. This is because my wife, who is quite patient with my mafia activities, is very unlikely to extend that patience to me running an end of night phase on her birthday (especially as it's one of those ones that ends with a zero). From time to time, phases may need to change in length for personal reasons. In cases where this happens, I will make the admirals revised jumping ability for that phase clear.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote: ==
Scotty wrote:BUT I can see Rico killing ika to quell the beast (since they both had opposing viewpoints) and Silver allowing Rico to kill ika in an attempt to get him on his back. If Silver is on a different side than ika, I wouldn't put it past her to kill him before he figures out her game.
I've no doubt the mafia may have thought they could smear me with this kill, but nah. I don't shush my verbal adversaries. Ika even changed his read on me after Day 1, so no suss-shushing purposes either.

==
Scotty wrote:I've caught DFaraday before on little more than this, and, again, his 1 post did nothing to make me feel good about him. I don't feel like I have to explain this choice with no concrete info, but I can elaborate if that will make you feel better.
By all means. I've reviewed the case on DF's posts giving a vibe and they give none. As I've said, unpingworthy. In line with people under intense catchup stress merely posting that they are in that process. DF even missed the vote, compared to a few others throwing some questionable votes around, so, despite the fact that missing the vote is not exemplary, I still think it speaks rather ok of him.
Scotty wrote:I do not rely much at all on meta. There are some things that remind me of the way they played previously, but I find that it is not always an evidential reasoning for alignment. In this game, I'm actually leaning civ on zebra.
For what are you leaning civ on her? You say you don't rely on meta, but she did. For entirely justifying a vote on a player with zero posts at that time, moreover.

Any other thoughts on Zebra, anyone else?
to quote one of my favorite movies: "He never drinks two cups of coffee at home!"
In other words, this doesn't mean you wouldn't, it just means your tendency is not to do so. I don't wholly rely on meta, so... :shrug2:

even though you don't find it ping worthy, I did. Whether or not I do now is another story. Black rock would have gotten my vote for not showing up in the game but she did on the second half of day 1:
Black Rock wrote:So say we all.

I'm here, finally! My schedule didn't leave room for Mafia this weekend. In fact weekends are going to be hard for me going forward. I just thought I'd post and say I'm catching up, as well as I can today.
That was her first post. She then spent the rest of the day catching up and actually being part of the discussion.

Compare that with DFaraday, who I know is a notoriously low poster:
DFaraday wrote:So say we all

The game started 12 hours ago and we're up to 8 pages already? :faint: This is gonna be a long game.
No explanation of where he will be or...anything...until 6 hours before EoD, after I voted for him:
DFaraday wrote:
Scotty wrote:At this time, I need to make a vote and since I'm not sold on any one person and its day 1, im going with the most suspicious low poster, and that is DFaraday. He has given no other reason for being absent and has given nothing to the thread.

Voting DFaraday.
My reason is I'm currently in 3 games and this game is already longer than a Dostoevsky novel.

From what I've read on this last page (the only one I've read since I last posted), I should point out that BR has low posted as a civ before. I'm not sure where Zebra is getting that idea.
He finally divulges his reasoning, but even then he calmly states he hasn't read anything but the page we were on. Not to rag on him for being busy. Hell, I'm busy. I know it. But no explanation mixed with an absence of 72 hours doesn't look good.

why does missing the vote make him look ok? He had 2 posts and therefore 2 situations where he could have voted. I would argue that that makes him look less civilian because a missed vote has no accountability for actions. Today, if I miss the vote, will that make me look ok to you?

i don't inherently suspect people that rely on meta. I don't view her as bad right now on a hunch. I don't have info or some shit, but a pretty good hunch that she's good
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You found no resurrection ship at C3
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I think I like the case on Nutella devised by JJJ, but I'm also in the camp is cautious about the differences in JJJ's playstyle possibly bamboozling me.

I currently am leaning more toward voting Nutella at this time
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

G-Man wrote:linki- I see we haven't gotten lucky yet.
Speak for yourself!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Scotty, the process I'm talking about being ok with is that DFaraday didn't try to squeeze in a likely weaksauce votepost, after strengthening that much the idea that he's stuck in catchup limbo. Never said I don't expect or would like him to finally do pick up and get those reads and votes rolling. First post is consistent to me to a reaction on how many pages he might have woken up to. Second post contained justification because you pressure voted him.

Re: Zebra, two clarifications: 1) it's not about "relying on meta", it's about reasoning and voting on meta alone, and quite wild meta, too, and 2) what I see her doing here she did as a baddie before. I don't have strong recollection of this being her civ MO or at least comparatively null on how she does business.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Off for the night.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

So say we all! (Replying as I catch up, so that's just in case. I was trying to just open quotes in other tabs and wait till the end, but there's way too many tabs to do that, and now they're all out of order anyway, so blah.)

S~V~S wrote:Was this Drumbeats original pattern?

Well done SVS! And yes, good point. This was Drumbeats original, checkerboard pattern. And I think folks are also missing the fact that eventually ALL sectors will be searched, this was just a way to fan out and cover as much ground as possible quickly and efficiently. (Though I'm still open to other ideas.)

Are the people who hated Drums checkerboard plan due to fear of manipulation still feeling that way now? (This may already be answered in the thread, so apologies if it is, I'll get there.)
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Matt wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
juliets wrote:
S~V~S wrote:When Epi was then lynched & revealed, in retrospect, I thought that maybe he WANTED to be lynched becasue he knew he would come back & be revealed a friendly Cylon :shrug:
As of this point in time I believe Epi to be a town friendly cylon. I'm having difficulty with suspicions though. Nobody is standing out. I'm going to read nutella to see if I can buy JJJ's case. Besides JJJ with nutella has anyone else got a strong feeling about anyone? (OA I saw your suspicion of LC and someone else - I'm going into your posts to refresh myself on the "why" of your suspicions.)
I'm leaving my current suspicion in my pocket until much closer to the vote. Want to gather more evidence before I present my case.
That's odd.

1. If you present at least a little bit of your case now, perhaps others will agree and you can help convince town to lynch whomever you think is scum.

2. That's a bit unfair to your suss, yes? Not giving them any time for rebuttal?

As of who I'm looking at, I dunno. I admit I've been knee deep thinking about the mechanics of this game, and I was ready to pull the trigger on Ika today before he was destroyed over night.

Rico, Indi, Long Con (I keep referring to these three, but if anyone else knows the lore of the show, speak up and I'll include you in these little questions as well) - Do you think it's possible that Boomer's role power could include appearing as Athena upon death? I want want want to believe Epi is Athena and civ, but I know in the show, both Boomer and Athena pretended to be the other at different points, so I'm not ruling this out as a possibility.

Ugh, the brain gets wrapped in circles, doesn't it? I think, just going by lore, I'd have to say yes, that's possible. I'm not sure I think it's probable in this particular game. But Golden is recreating the show so perfectly, possible is possible, though not probable to my mind. (If that makes sense.)
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Short list of people I feel good about atm (in no particular order, and I haven't pulled up the player list, just going off the top of my head) - SW, Matt, SVS, Drums, Rico, Epi...

A few people I'm not sure on, and/or concerned about, or however you want to word it (but I don't necessarily think they're bad, I'm just more concerned about these people, if that makes sense) in no particular order - nutella, SD, JJJ

I'm just spit balling here too, so once I'm caught up, I can sit down and look at the player list and do this again. I'm pretty sure I've left at least 1 name off each list due to memory. :goofp:

Human mafia - wouldn't surprise me to find that Baltar has "different win cons" than other humans, if you will. Perhaps as someone else said, like an indy or such. I'll think more on this, but off the top of my head, I'd agree that I wouldn't expect there to be many. Zarek and Felix seem most likely, but again I'm happy to go down the role list and do a double check.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Scotty wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Post game it is fair game, but ongoing is not, imo. If you avoid mentioning it specifically, like say "I have see X do this when bad"; without saying where you saw it, that should be fine, though.
Ok.

I have seen Zebra appeal to meta in her hunts when bad. It only heightens my perception that her voting BR in Day 1 based on meta was a bit shoddy. It only heightens my perception that she might be bad.
Whatchu talkin bout, Willis? He was scheduled to go at that time, and picked a spot in the checkerboard pattern. Sounds like he did his job.

Unlike you, Premature Perry.
Vompatti wrote:I wouldn't mind covering them openings if you know what I mean. :beer:
:scared: :
Vompatti wrote:D12
Long Con wrote:
Vompatti wrote:It would help if we knew what shape the ship is.
I get that some of you are treating this as a game of Battleship, thinking that perhaps the ship is 4 squares long, and we need to hit it four times on those four adjacent squares to kill it. I get that, and that's why checkerboard.

I do not think it's Battleship. I think the rez ship is in one sector alone. I think this because... these are sectors of space!! Like, big. Imagine a ship that's the size of our solar system - that's the kind of thing I would imagine taking up four squares. It's insane! The ship is a large ship that resides in a super-exponentially larger sector of space.

And yes, this is a game and these quasi-'laws of reality' don't have to apply. If Golden wanted it to be a Battleship game, then it's cool despite grinding at my sense of scale and reality.
This...actually makes sense. :ponder:

Makes me wonder if the checkerboard pattern starting from A1 was thunked up by a cylon that knows the ship isn't located in the underlined pattern, thus giving them more time to be invincible...
DrumBeats wrote:So Say We All!

So wait, we do not get to know the identity of those killed? That's going to be a pain moving forward.
Yes. Are you curious about whom you NK'd hmmmmmm?

I opened this in a tab to reply to, and now I can't remember why. I'm thinking maybe Scotty was quoting LC's longer explanation of his mischief?

I agree that the ship is likely to be in 1 square alone, especially now. (Duh) But we still can only search 1 sector at a time. With this new clarification, does the checkerboard pattern still grind your gears? No matter how we slice it, we can only do 1 sector at a time, and hope to get lucky and get Kat & Hot Dog back alive. (Like we did! :omg: )

XOXO Epi Girl
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 46

Post by nutella »

Alright, caught up again. Good to see we got a rezz ship, but disconcerting that it's just *a* and not *the* :/

JJJ made a case on me I see. I realize I haven't posted much but that's because I've barely had time to catch up on the thread a couple times each day and just post when I'm done. I posted about ika on day 1 but decided I didn't actually suspect him; it makes the most sense to me that he (and probably also Silver) was civ, I just didn't like his style and wasn't used to it at first.

Also, when I realized I had missed the vote and said I would have voted for Epi, I had not even read the lynch result yet, so I didn't know what he had flipped. I just saw that he had a handful of votes and he had been my top/only actual suspect the last time I had been in thread, and I honestly probably would have voted for him.

I've also gotten some criticism for my interpretation of Epi. And to be honest I still don't really know where I stand on that either. When he first flipped cylon and rezzed, I assumed he was bad, but also seemed to be in an interesting position to help us for some time. After much of the discussion from people familiar with the show, it seems quite possible that Athena is a good role, so I don't necessarily want to automatically go after him again (plus he might just get rezzed again). On the other hand, there's the possibility that he's actually Boomer. So really I have no idea where I stand on that issue.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: ~~~

Generally I don't think nutella has been entirely consistent in her mindset (consider that it's her mindset I'm talking about and not her reads), which suggests to me that she might be making it up as she goes. I think some of her content is just suspicious at face value, and moreover her rate of participation is right about where I'd expect most of the baddies to be in a game that has moved as fast as this one.
Of course I'm making it up as I go, that's what I always do :p You've seen me get absolutely skewered as a civ many times just for being wishy-washy, that's just how I play. My opinions change throughout the game. And I haven't been able to post much but I'm trying to contribute when I can.

I have to go for a little bit but when I come back I will figure out who I suspect the most. For what it's worth I actually trust some apparently unpopular people rn, namely LC, Rico, and Matt.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
indiglo wrote:I am not currently comfortable with JJJ. And I believe there are several others who feel the same way. He has been missing several details, and that just doesn't seem like careful JJJ.
What are the "several details" I have missed, and why does my apparent carefulness or lack-thereof mean something to you?
indiglo wrote:I believe Epi mentioned the possibility of JJJ casting a vote to save Rico... I'm not sure how I feel about that. But I definitely felt like JJJ was holding his vote to see where others voted. Which, many times, points to mafia.
Yes, I was holding my vote to see where others voted. I only get to vote once in this game, and I waited until it was time. In games with changeable votes, it's quite common for me to place late votes in the exact same manner -- except it will be a moved vote instead of my first vote. When I am unable to coordinate vote movement, that means I have to judge the tally based upon exactly how it stands and then make the one call I think is best under the circumstances. That's what I did.
Details - off the top of my head, you missed SD's explanation of her randomized vote, for example. (I can do an ISO if you want any further detailes.) The lack of carefulness is just so different from your P50 performance. Remember, that was my first introduction to you, and you were beyond impressive. :beer: You saw everything, caught every detail, then pressed to understand the context and nuances of the situation when said detail happened. Then, I see you read a post and not even absorb an important, basic detail and comment on it. Do you see why that might catch my eye?

I have also read your further post about that not being a fair comparison (your P50 performance). So I would ask players who know you more, and have played with you more - are we seeing a typical JJJ civ-performance here in your opinions?

Re "holding your vote" - in all fairness, I play non-changeable votes the same way. For some reason it didn't sit right when you did it, and I think it's because you don't look like P50 here.

It's like going to a ball game, falling in love with the cheerful, yet goofy mascot, and then seeing him after the game in the parking lot... with the head of his costume off, out there by his car smoking, drinking, spitting and cursing. Ya know? :haha: That cracks me up, and it's not really that extreme, I just want to explain where I'm coming from here. Does that make sense?

Also, I truly apologize for the multi-posts guys. I'm getting close to finishing all my tabs, then there's just the thread to finish catching up on.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Oh well, If you say so. I must admit that your recent case of Nutella reminded you more of p50. Im not sure how I feel about you at the moment, but I will have to think about it for a while I think.

My suspicion of Inawordyes still lingers, and probably will too when he gets replaced. @Golden any luck?
You see? All I have to do is make a big post filled with words and spoiler bars. :p

Do you find anything I said about nutella to be agreeable? I'm also willing to call Inawordyes a suspect merely because inactivity was shown to be within his baddie repertoire in the scrimmage. It's hard to have much confidence in that though without any actual content to judge.
Ok, this was what I was waiting to get to. LOL I just made a short list of players I'm concerned about, and nutelLA was on it. But so far, I can't tell if she's just been grumpy and irritated at the sheer amount (and, let's be honest, content of) posts... or if she's nefarious. I have a hard time reading a grumpy person as civ, but that's my own bias.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Golden wrote:You have found and destroyed a resurrection ship in square B2. Hot Dog and Kat have returned alive.

FRAKKING AWESOME!!!!!

Ok, may already have been discussed...

How does everyone feel about continuing with the checkerboard pattern?

I had another thought about the Rezz Ships. What if they aren't actually anywhere. What if, in each sector, we have a X% chance of finding a Rezz Ship there, and it's just some dice that Golden roles for each sector? Does this seem reasonable, or like something Golden would do? Or do we still think they actually ARE somewhere, and we just happen to find them?

XOXO Epi Girl
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I think whoever goes next should check F5.
Image Image Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

?
I don't know for sure, and this may have already been answered. What an important post I'm making. :nicenod: :haha:

I would guess all Cylons continue to get rezzed until all Rezz Ships are gone, or the Rezz Hub is gone. As of right now, it seems like we're only hunting Rezz Ships. *Insert Elmer Fudd reference here*

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Silverwolf wrote:F4
:clap:

Man, watching you guys sortie the shit out of this game has warmed my heart. I mean really.

XOXO Epi Girl
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Or B3. Maybe C2.

There are 36 sectors of space that Golden has given us. I was googling and found that the Resurrection Hub was destroyed in "Sector Delta 9" in the show. So the 9th sector? Depending on your pov, that could be B3 or C2.

Or F5. We should go to all of these places, really.
Image Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

indiglo, would you repost the box and the people on the schedule in it's up to date form? I volunteered for a time tomorrow but I don't know if it made it on there. Hate to ask you to do it but I'm afraid I'll mess it up.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”