33%

Total votes: 15
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Four

Post by Dex »

Ricochet wrote:What declaration?
Saying "I am a Cylon". It's all the rage. All the kids are doing it.
*indiglowing*
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Oh, that thing. Meh. We were "some" people short of "everyone" claiming, anyway.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Yeah, only 8 people short. Want to man up and make that a 7?
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Ricochet wrote:Oh, that thing. Meh. We were "some" people short of "everyone" claiming, anyway.
We're down to eight.

Say, how many Cylons are in this game, anyway?
*indiglowing*
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Some lame ass-lynch post.

Polo was on his hands and knees in the weight room. No-one was quite sure what he was up to.

"Hey dude" Black Rock asked "What are you up to?"

"Just looking for ass-clues" said Polo.

Polo was shunned from polite society for the rest of his days. He could never figure out why.

LoRab has been lynched. She was D'Anna Biers. It is now Night Four.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Assclues me?

So, is she mafia or not?
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Polo wrote:Assclues me?

So, is she mafia or not?
She did not get along with Cavil. I'd venture that she was a good bet for a human friendly Cylon.
*indiglowing*
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

"Number Three" is a model of humanoid Cylon, female, blonde, and marked by a religious curiosity—notably surrounding the verboten Final Five—that sets her against the other Cylon models, notably the Number Ones.
*indiglowing*
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

We just killed Xena. :clap:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Dex
The Mark

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Two

Post by Dex »

indiglo wrote:Cavil vs D'Anna

Cavil Faction: ones (Cavil), fours (O'Neill), fives (Doral) and Boomer (Cavil also hated the Final 5, wanting them dead and/or boxed), the Hybrid (if it exists) may be in this faction, or work as an indy

D'Anna's Group: twos (Leoben), threes (D'Anna), and Athena, Caprica Six may be in this faction, or work as an indy.
Resurrecting this post from the lovely and intelligent Indiglo. Given that I think it's obvious that there are civ cylons and mafia cylons, we're frakking the wrong toasters.
*indiglowing*
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Polo wrote:Yeah, only 8 people short. Want to man up and make that a 7?
Nope. Everyone is not 8 short.

Interesting reveal. Pretty much the sole Cylon not Six whose allegiance became less clear. (Unless you want to count Leoben becoming linked with Starbuck, too). She became a rebel within the ranks, indeed, but not sure if that automatically means she took the humans side. Her interests were personal (illumination about the Final Five).

Still a bit irked that this no alignment flip leaves us partly in the dark.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

I think it's highly possible she was bad. I said before how much it looked like they had BTSC with each other. And the more I think about it, the more I think that there is either two mafias, or one that can recruit. Either way that left her a possible baddie as well. After all, we are out to get all cylons now, not just the *good* ones, right? :eyeroll: Tomorrow will be mighty interesting.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dex, I find it a little late to criticise this lynch, in case you think it was a mislynch. There was never enough wind to the idea that Anna might also count as a good cylon - Long Con even listed her as definitely bad (...wait... Long Con did :eye: ). There wasn't much healthy debate about LoRab potentially being six or a slightly more unexpected good siding Cylon - I should know, I invited people to such discussion.. Most simply went with it, so that's pretty much that.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

And how would the nightkill mechanic work with two separate mafia teams?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Final question before heading to work. Did you spectate whilst being a non-player, Dex? I find you were very prompt and knowledgeable right from your first post, in which you Cylonclaimed.

also whats your gender
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Polo wrote:And how would the nightkill mechanic work with two separate mafia teams?
Each team killing every two Nights, most likely.

If there is a recruit team instead and it can kill, we're fucked, just look at Syndicate Mafia.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

ObscureAllure wrote:After all, we are out to get all cylons now, not just the *good* ones, right? :eyeroll: Tomorrow will be mighty interesting.
I don't think we should just calmly accept having to pull off (now) twelve successful lynches in order to win the game. What do you think our chances are of winning in those circumstances? To my mind, a better idea is to overthrow Caine (a Caine mutiny, as it were), and bring that number down to a more realistic number. And who knows how these potentially allied cylons might help us in that endeavor?
Ricochet wrote:Final question before heading to work. Did you spectate whilst being a non-player, Dex? I find you were very prompt and knowledgeable right from your first post, in which you Cylonclaimed.

also whats your gender
Yes, I've been following along pretty closely and have formed definite opinions. There were times I wished I could have posted.

And I'm male, or a "pickle" in old HV parlance.
*indiglowing*
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

:shrug2: :lorab: :lorab: Y'all been callin me a dude all day :LoRab: :LoRab:
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

ObscureAllure wrote::shrug2: :lorab: :lorab: Y'all been callin me a dude all day :LoRab: :LoRab:
Mighty sorry if I did do that!

I'll begin using a gender-neutral pronoun to address everyone. It seems like a good call.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Hahaha doesn't bother me any. Just don't call me a bread warming appliance!!
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

Glorfindel wrote:
Polo wrote:Glorfindel, do you have a legitimate reason not to claim Cylon? Are you John Cavil?

I am here JJJ, please make good use of my time.
Largely a matter of principle and no, you have my word that I am not John Cavil. I want to re-read the cases for and against in relation to the claiming thing. I do however suspect something entirely sinister is going on here (feel free to call me paranoid. I have a question for you though - would Youi or anyone like to speculate on why we had the Cylon Amnesty Act in the first place? What could our President been trying to achieve by passing that law? I'd be most interested in any conjecture anyone would care to volunteer on this matter.
I notice that I've had no response to this question that I asked - so I will ask again...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Dex wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:After all, we are out to get all cylons now, not just the *good* ones, right? :eyeroll: Tomorrow will be mighty interesting.
I don't think we should just calmly accept having to pull off (now) twelve successful lynches in order to win the game. What do you think our chances are of winning in those circumstances? To my mind, a better idea is to overthrow Cain (a Cain mutiny, as it were), and bring that number down to a more realistic number. And who knows how these potentially allied cylons might help us in that endeavor?
I know that lynching 12 people sucks butts, but I believe we should go after Cavil before attempting a coup d'état. Or an impeachment process; as a Brazilian dude I'll be glad to provide y'all with my hands-on experience.
ObscureAllure wrote:Hahaha doesn't bother me any. Just don't call me a bread warming appliance!!
I'll stop it immediately if you claim Cylon on D5. :eye: :eye:
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

I might as well grow a member then because NOPE. Lol Gnight yall
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Oh but real quick happy birthday Juliets
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Glorfindel wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Polo wrote:Glorfindel, do you have a legitimate reason not to claim Cylon? Are you John Cavil?
Largely a matter of principle and no, you have my word that I am not John Cavil. I want to re-read the cases for and against in relation to the claiming thing. I do however suspect something entirely sinister is going on here (feel free to call me paranoid. I have a question for you though - would Youi or anyone like to speculate on why we had the Cylon Amnesty Act in the first place? What could our President been trying to achieve by passing that law? I'd be most interested in any conjecture anyone would care to volunteer on this matter.
I notice that I've had no response to this question that I asked - so I will ask again...
Sorry, got caught up in the GTH I guess.

I believe that Admiral Cain could be of an independent party with win conditions that differ from those of the civ team, and so she's not exactly town.
Golden probably thought of adding her as a way to raise difficulty and sow confusion into the game and make us all question "why the hell did we sign up for this (?)".

Oh, and by the way, why did you abstain from answering the GTH? :smoky: :ponder:

I mean, you posted this question amidst the gun-to-head moment. I guess it is my turn to suspect that something entirely sinister is going on here. :ohyeah:
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Polo wrote:I know that lynching 12 people sucks butts, but I believe we should go after Cavil before attempting a coup d'état. Or an impeachment process; as a Brazilian dude I'll be glad to provide y'all with my hands-on experience.
If you know who Cavil is, I'm all for it. Otherwise, a mutiny gives us our best shot at victory. Besides which, although morality on the show was hardly black and white, if there was a character that came closest to pure evil outside of Cavil, it was Cain. I don't think she can possibly be civ. And so I regard her insistence on destroying all toasters suspect.
*indiglowing*
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Do you know who Cain is then? If you knew who were Cain and Cavil, would you lynch Cain first?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

I'm going to bed. I expect Mr. Glorfindel to address my concerns with his situation, because it looks like CRAP: votes Nutella on D2, refuses to claim Cylon, abstains from doing the GTH thing (while he had clearly been online and even posted twice during that moment)... dude.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Polo wrote:Do you know who Cain is then? If you knew who were Cain and Cavil, would you lynch Cain first?
I don't know who anyone is, but LC looks awful Cainish to me. And I think I would probably gun for Cain first, because what if D'Anna was civ? What power did she have? Maybe she was an effective anti-Cavil in some way. If not all cylons are mafia, then it stands to reason that the ones that aren't have something to contribute to the civ cause, and I just don't think we should be burning these potential positive resources without a second thought. Lynching Cain first just might make lynching Cavil and his ilk easier.
*indiglowing*
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Polo wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Sorry, got caught up in the GTH I guess.

I believe that Admiral Cain could be of an independent party with win conditions that differ from those of the civ team, and so she's not exactly town.
Golden probably thought of adding her as a way to raise difficulty and sow confusion into the game and make us all question "why the hell did we sign up for this (?)".

Oh, and by the way, why did you abstain from answering the GTH? :smoky: :ponder:

I mean, you posted this question amidst the gun-to-head moment. I guess it is my turn to suspect that something entirely sinister is going on here. :ohyeah:
Maybe independent - I can see your point there. As for your assertion that Golden wanted to "raise the level of difficulty and sow confusion" I'd put it to you that was completely unnecessary on his part (at least from my perspective). In retrospect, what you're saying makes some sense although you haven't answered my question. I asked (quite clearly I thought) about the original law passed by the President giving amnesty to our Cylon friends and what circumstances may have led to that :shrug:

I wonder whether LoRab was Mafia at all. In fact, I have grave doubts whether the majority of the Cylons are Mafia which makes me all the more suspicious of attempts by some to take away the benefit provided under the Amnesty Act to the Cylons. The general consensus as I read things here is that the Admiral's intents are not favourably to us and yet, we have certain people only too happy to have all our Cylon friends lynched DESPITE the fact the original law appears to have been passed with the purpose of having them remain in the game. I don't think it's a big stretch to assume that if there are any Cylons on the Mafia team (e.g. John Cavil) they would've been among the first people to rally support for the declaration thing.

As for my non participation in the GTH thing, I am Australian. I work full time. At the time I was posting, I'd only just finished lunch (feel free to check the time zone if you like - I'm on AEST) and was trying to post in between doing stuff at work. Not that you'll accept the truth anyway as you've made your opinion of me quite clear. As for my voting record, I'm not proud of it but I stand by it. I've already discussed my choices and believe that they were consistent with my previously expressed comments throughout the game and I don't appreciate other players trying to fabricate my record into something that it isn't. Thank you.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

SENT A SORTIE TO A2 PLEASE
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

Polo wrote:
Dex wrote:
I don't think we should just calmly accept having to pull off (now) twelve successful lynches in order to win the game. What do you think our chances are of winning in those circumstances? To my mind, a better idea is to overthrow Cain (a Cain mutiny, as it were), and bring that number down to a more realistic number. And who knows how these potentially allied cylons might help us in that endeavor?
I know that lynching 12 people sucks butts, but I believe we should go after Cavil before attempting a coup d'état. Or an impeachment process; as a Brazilian dude I'll be glad to provide y'all with my hands-on experience.
Polo please some of us are under age. :faint:

:P
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks for compiling the GTH chart, Polo. That's pretty much how I'd have done it as well, though I'd have counted the total number of good/bad reads made by each player and made on each player, since that provides an easy statistical reference.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Aww I messed up my own joke by bolding and not underlining. :(

Also this was the first GTH that everyone read me as bad. :ninja:
You'd be wrong, but if it will help your concerns I'll claim cylon tomorrow. Since I'd rather not be lynched.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Oh and Epi makes some good points about my points on him. I'd be happy to leave him alive with his immunity.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig wrote:You'd be wrong, but if it will help your concerns I'll claim cylon tomorrow. Since I'd rather not be lynched.
Is that to imply that claiming cylon would prevent you from being lynched?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Dex wrote:
Polo wrote:Do you know who Cain is then? If you knew who were Cain and Cavil, would you lynch Cain first?
I don't know who anyone is, but LC looks awful Cainish to me. And I think I would probably gun for Cain first, because what if D'Anna was civ? What power did she have? Maybe she was an effective anti-Cavil in some way. If not all cylons are mafia, then it stands to reason that the ones that aren't have something to contribute to the civ cause, and I just don't think we should be burning these potential positive resources without a second thought. Lynching Cain first just might make lynching Cavil and his ilk easier.
As I understand it, Cain was like Athena, a literary device of sorts to demonstrate that all was not black/white, yes? Like in the original series, Cylons were unmitigated evil, no wiggle room. In the reboot,not so much (this is totally from the "only read multiple articles on the wiki & saw half of season one" perspective, I am going to bite the bullet & buy the mini series this weekend so season 1 makes more sense). Athena demonstrated that Cylons could be good, and Cain that humans could be bad. Is this correct? She seems somewhat of a tragic figure, but she seems driven by hate & revenge. No one could blame her personally for hating cylons in general, but it seeped into her command decisions, which is what made it bad.

Even if not for canon driven reasons that make me think this role is bad, I am not a fan of our win cons being made more difficult, since even if the remaining cylons seem to be predominantly bad, the Final Five, not so much.

If she backs down & restores our win cons, I am less likely to worry about her. But I view that win con thing as an act of aggression.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
sig wrote:You'd be wrong, but if it will help your concerns I'll claim cylon tomorrow. Since I'd rather not be lynched.
Is that to imply that claiming cylon would prevent you from being lynched?
No. :(
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

It is just it seems some of the or most of the votes for me comes from the fact I wouldn't claim cylon and was pushing Epi correct?

Polo doesn't like that I didn't vote for LoRab but I saw no point since she had immunity, and day 2 I didn't think LC was going to get lynched even with my vote so I went with Epi who I thought (wrongly) was mafia.

However, I do disagree with Rico that if LC flips mafia it looks bad for me, I think it makes me look better since I did push him for quite awhile.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Counts for the GTH reads as charted by Polo:

Good/Bad/Invalid reads provided BY:

Dex - 13/11
Epignosis - 13/10/1
JJJ - 16/8
Marmot - 13/11
Polo - 12/12/1
S~V~S - 17/7
Silverwolf - 12/7/5
Spacedaisy - 14/10

Good/Bad reads provided ON:

a2theZebra - 3/5
bea - 2/5
Black Rock - 7/0
Dex - 3/4
DrWilgy - 1/7
DrumBeats - 8/0
Epignosis - 7/0
G-Man - 7/1
Glorfindel - 2/6
JJJ - 4/4
juliets - 7/1
Long Con - 1/6
LoRab - 1/7
Matt - 2/5
Marmot - 7/1
ObscureAllure - 7/1
Polo - 6/2
Ricochet - 5/3
S~V~S - 8/0
Scotty - 3/5
sig - 0/8
Silverwolf - 8/0
SokothQultug - 5/3
Spacedaisy - 6/2
Vompatti - 4/3

For a while I had noted a trend in this exercise in which people who call out the most town reads are more likely to be bad than the mean. However, it didn't work out that way last time I did this (in Turf Wars when town Quin was that guy). In this case S~V~S wins that dubious honor, but I can hardly blame her when I am right behind her in the count. Besides the two of us the others seem quite paranoid with double-digit baddie counts. I think that's a somewhat nice look for them. Overall though I don't really have immediate thoughts stemming from this. Its usefulness will probably be in future analyses when these stances can be critically examined.

Some of the results in the latter list are a little surprising, like the strong town-inclined reads on juliets, the clean baddie sweep for sig, and the absence of any baddie reads on cylognosis. We might be moving towards the obligatory Lynch Sig Day that no game is complete without. :dark:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Four

Post by Silverwolf »

OK, So 5 I didn't do:

Epi-good

Long Con-bad

Bea-bad

Black Rock-good

Vompatti-good

Sorry I'm so late on this but these were the ones I was gonna examine more closely-and still am gonna ISO bea and black rock first thing but this is just GTH right now.

I'm only classifying Epi as good due to good/bad cylon mechanic although I have liked some of his recent posts.

Long Con-I've had a baddie read on for so long it's hard to just change it to good because I feel like I was played.

Bea-has faded a lot in terms of post quality, def. suspicious of

Black Rock and Vompatti-most likely town due to the fact their posts lack baddie motivation and they don't appear to be caring too much about the game which usually comes more from town-I'd love them to be more readable but it is what it is.

Sorry to those of you who made charts but I wanted my GTH reads to be complete.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Black Rock-goes after me for my suspicion of Long Con, says I'm misrepresenting him but never follows up or engages me, I find this impossible to analyze.

Expresses lots of suspicion of LoRab and does a decent job of following that through to lynch a suspect. Expresses suspicion of Daisy but does nothing further to investigate it.

Vote for nutella looks good.

Seems determined that LC is good. Fair enough read here. I'd love to see more reasoning behind this as it would help me read them both but I'm not holding my breath.

Accuses LoRab and Nutella of being partners-looks good here.

Says Matt is buddying MM but really just one off-hand comment.

Business and not wanting to read large games and getting lost looks really genuine.

OK-goes into light townread pile.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

sig wrote:Aww I messed up my own joke by bolding and not underlining. :(

Also this was the first GTH that everyone read me as bad. :ninja:
You'd be wrong, but if it will help your concerns I'll claim cylon tomorrow. Since I'd rather not be lynched.
You disappoint me my friend :( I certainly don't think you're bad and I've been consistent in that view throughout this game. Given that, this post of yours makes me sad although I suppose, looking back, I shouldn't be surprised... You're forgiven :hug:

Furthermore @Polo - although I didn't get to participate in the GTH but (unlike some others) I've been quite transparent (and yes, consistent) on my reads of many players - again, feel free to go back and look for yourself.

Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Three

Post by Silverwolf »

DrWilgy wrote: Sometimes silencing a common civ read can save them from NK and bring other players out of lurking. Perhaps forcing activity from others was the intention. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure you are bad. ISO incoming.
Dr. Wilgy-What changed your mind on me here from bad to good? I expected you to ISO and case me.
bea wrote: Also I'm caught up! Yay!
bea-After catching up, what are your recent thoughts opinions, etc?

Also, Dr. Wilgy not reading but still posting he hasn't read could be town. Not sure. ISOing him doesn't do me much good trying to read him.

Is Drumbeats still playing or does he need to be replaced?

Regarding the GTH, I really think there are too many where everyone is saying good or everyone is saying bad to really get good stats on it. I'd like to question those that went against the grain on Matt for example or if anyone had a different opinion that the others on other people. Because those are the viewpoints that I'd like to hear from-people like this often pick up on things others didn't see and have good reasons for their suspicions or interesting perspective on a townread.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Having said that, I'm out most of the day today for medical reasons and I doubt I'll feel well enough to be playing later. Of course I could be surprised by this and feel fine but I doubt it. I'll be back when I feel up to it.

I wanted to get some last minute thoughts out there just in case I'm gone all night phase.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

@SilverWolf: I think in the GTH, I recall that you indicated that you didn't have a favour able impression of me. May I ask why? If you'd prefer not to volunteer that assessment, that's fine but I'm curious whether you were influenced by the views of others or there was some reason you personally didn't like the cut of my jib :p

Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Glorfindel wrote:@SilverWolf: I think in the GTH, I recall that you indicated that you didn't have a favour able impression of me. May I ask why? If you'd prefer not to volunteer that assessment, that's fine but I'm curious whether you were influenced by the views of others or there was some reason you personally didn't like the cut of my jib :p
It's mostly your attitude towards nutella. You either dismissed the case on her or didn't offer a very strong opinion one way or another plus you didn't vote for her. It's also a little bit of a gut read. I'm not sure I've seen strong enough opinions from you to warrant any sort of townread either.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Also, glorfindel the tone of your posts is very appeasy like which I take more as a scum thing because town generally doesn't try to appease people for the most part and has a more hard-headed approach where you are trying to please and not taking any stances that are too harsh on anything.

Hope this makes sense as I have to go for awhile.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Cool gun to head exercise, and cool lynch result.

It's pretty suspicious that no one questioned the main Cylons being baddies until Lorab flipped... and then suddenly theories start coming out where half of them are good. Where were those people when I made my list days ago? I saw Rico tried to put a bit more suspicion my way because of it, so I hope others are noting that kind of thing as well.

I think the distinction between human-friendly Cylons and final five-friendly Cylons is important, and I imagine that the final five might play a big part of some win conditions, giving this mysterious game a lot more complications than a regular civ baddie dynamic.

So as an update of the plan that no one has commented on but I hope to God can work... the president should exempt the final five and athena from the martial law.

Linki agreed on Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Silverwolf wrote:Also, glorfindel the tone of your posts is very appeasy like which I take more as a scum thing because town generally doesn't try to appease people for the most part and has a more hard-headed approach where you are trying to please and not taking any stances that are too harsh on anything.

Hope this makes sense as I have to go for awhile.
Thank you, my friend. I do see what you're saying and I do appreciate you taking the time to explain your opinion for me. I've not played with you before but I have with a fair number of people in this game and my approach has changed little from my previous games here as Town and as I explained at the beginning of this game, I'm attempting to identify those I consider fellow Town before I begin looking more intently at those who don''t make that cut. I don't know if that makes sense to you or anyone else but it is what it is. I don't think it's entirely fair if you are inferring (not in any rude way of course) that I should be more aggressive like we've witnessed here from other players this game because it'll be a cold day in hell before that happens...

Return to “Previous Jobs”