Total votes: 7
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 56

Re: Day 1: Attack on Titan Heist: The Battle of Trost

Post by Quin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Quin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh, and glad to be playing with new folks (Goldy, leetic) too! Definitely don't want to leave that out.
I forgot about this too. There's a few people in this game I haven't played with yet, so lets make this a good'un.

Uhh, ill be home in an hour or so. Stay tuned. Or don't. Either way, checking the thread so far hasn't really brought anything significant to my attention but I'll have another go when I'm at a computer and can actually read the screen properly.
Here, have a vote.

Vote Quin.
I don't want it!
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Quin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh, and glad to be playing with new folks (Goldy, leetic) too! Definitely don't want to leave that out.
I forgot about this too. There's a few people in this game I haven't played with yet, so lets make this a good'un.

Uhh, ill be home in an hour or so. Stay tuned. Or don't. Either way, checking the thread so far hasn't really brought anything significant to my attention but I'll have another go when I'm at a computer and can actually read the screen properly.
Here, have a vote.

Vote Quin.
I don't want it!
What else am I supposed to do with it?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Quin wrote:

Here, have a vote.

Vote Quin.
I don't want it!
You could eat it?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Quin wrote:

Here, have a vote.

Vote Quin.
I don't want it!
You could eat it?
I just ate three (3) grilled cheeses, I don't think I can eat any more.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Quin wrote:

Here, have a vote.

Vote Quin.
I don't want it!
You could eat it?
I just ate three (3) grilled cheeses, I don't think I can eat any more.
I thought titans were able to vomit at will? Make room!
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm home. I'll see if I can give you something substantial now that I'm in front of a computer screen.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Points of interest - pardon me for not drawing quotes, I can't be assed with that right now.

There's some fluff conversation between sig and wilgy early on. Wilgy joking about being scum isn't surprising, but I haven't seen that sort of thing from sig before. ika (Epi) picked up on sig too, but his reasoning just comes down to guts so it's credibility is something to be desired. Although, if sig ever flipped bad I think that would favour Epi somewhat.

MP pushes ika (Epi) to elaborated more on his reads, which I like to see. I didn't see his retaliation as suspicious either. I agree with the principle of what he was trying to say too - you need more than guts for your speculations to be considered credible. He does say that there's no reason to be throwing out reads, although i can think of about 10 reasons why throwing out reads is a good thing. I think it's interesting that he defended ika from the new players before anybody had actually expressed a read of him either way though. Interesting meaning, it's definitely indicative of an alignment, but I have no idea which one. I don't really interpret what rabbit and insertnamehere have said up to that point as expressing a read, personally. Irregardless, I'll definitely be comparing this degree of helpfulness against his further actions and i recommend others do so as well. Right now, i'd say that I think MP cares too much about preserving townies to be bad though.

ika himself was a bit of a flipflop while he was here. I personally can't get on board with straight gut reads that aren't backed up by some form of evidence, because i can't differentiate it from a baddie throwing a name in the air and hoping it sticks and a casually playing townie. Either way, he runs with the 'discredit' argument pretty quickly which reflects on my perception of epi right now. He used the 'silver is the only person who understands my game' argument, which I don't like either. Without sparking up this whole argument again, I'll just say that I think this is nonsensical, considering ika has been here about as long as I have and has most definitely played more games. We've all gotten used to his play style and meta by now and I'm sure he knows that. Of course, I don't want to put a vote on Epi just because of how I've perceived ika, because he's got no counter argument and ika can't defend himself now. I'd rather wait and see what I think of Epi's contributions first, or it'd be ironic and unfair on him since the exact same thing could happen to me since I replaced Silver.

Placing a resting vote on sig, because why not.

This all goes up to about page 5, but I've got to stop for a minute. I'll come back.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Attack on Titan Heist: The Battle of Trost

Post by Quin »

Hey, Marmot!
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
ika wrote:ill thorw mtal to town pile too
Thanks. Lunch MP with me then, would you?

He's proven to be dangerous mafiabaddyscummuffinsockface.
Are you hungry, Marmot? You eatin' the peoples?
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:Hey, Marmot!
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

You weren't around for Donner Party Mafia.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:Points of interest - pardon me for not drawing quotes, I can't be assed with that right now.

There's some fluff conversation between sig and wilgy early on. Wilgy joking about being scum isn't surprising, but I haven't seen that sort of thing from sig before. ika (Epi) picked up on sig too, but his reasoning just comes down to guts so it's credibility is something to be desired. Although, if sig ever flipped bad I think that would favour Epi somewhat.

MP pushes ika (Epi) to elaborated more on his reads, which I like to see. I didn't see his retaliation as suspicious either. I agree with the principle of what he was trying to say too - you need more than guts for your speculations to be considered credible. He does say that there's no reason to be throwing out reads, although i can think of about 10 reasons why throwing out reads is a good thing. I think it's interesting that he defended ika from the new players before anybody had actually expressed a read of him either way though. Interesting meaning, it's definitely indicative of an alignment, but I have no idea which one. I don't really interpret what rabbit and insertnamehere have said up to that point as expressing a read, personally. Irregardless, I'll definitely be comparing this degree of helpfulness against his further actions and i recommend others do so as well. Right now, i'd say that I think MP cares too much about preserving townies to be bad though.

ika himself was a bit of a flipflop while he was here. I personally can't get on board with straight gut reads that aren't backed up by some form of evidence, because i can't differentiate it from a baddie throwing a name in the air and hoping it sticks and a casually playing townie. Either way, he runs with the 'discredit' argument pretty quickly which reflects on my perception of epi right now. He used the 'silver is the only person who understands my game' argument, which I don't like either. Without sparking up this whole argument again, I'll just say that I think this is nonsensical, considering ika has been here about as long as I have and has most definitely played more games. We've all gotten used to his play style and meta by now and I'm sure he knows that. Of course, I don't want to put a vote on Epi just because of how I've perceived ika, because he's got no counter argument and ika can't defend himself now. I'd rather wait and see what I think of Epi's contributions first, or it'd be ironic and unfair on him since the exact same thing could happen to me since I replaced Silver.

This all goes up to about page 5, but I've got to stop for a minute. I'll come back.
Quin is the only person who understands my game.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 52

Post by sig »

Quin wrote:Points of interest - pardon me for not drawing quotes, I can't be assed with that right now.

NO U
Quin :mad:

On a more serious note, I've joked around about being bad before. It was very early day 0 fluff there was no meaning behind it what so ever. I find it strange you're trying to give it a meaning when it was clearly fluffyness. :ponder:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also before I forget I'm getting my Wisdom teeth out tomorrow afternoon, so I probably won't be online much if at all Friday afternoon and Saturday.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin wrote:Hey, Marmot!
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I was hungry earlier, but now I'm full.

Oh I see, I asked ika to lynch MP earlier, and Epignosis agreed. Quin and Epignosis, you guys have done an excellent job subbing in thus far, but I still miss those two wolves.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 64

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm fluffy...
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:I'm fluffy...
Or you, in fact marshmallow?

I'm too full for marshmallow... :sigh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 95

Post by rabbit8 »

sig wrote:

NO U

On a more serious note, I've joked around about being bad before. It was very early day 0 fluff there was no meaning behind it what so ever. I find it strange you're trying to give it a meaning when it was clearly fluffyness. :ponder:
Is this a serious accusation? Or just bullshit NO U voted me, I'm voting you?

It's hard to tell since you guys, girls (some gender neutral nonsense here) just throw your votes around like their meaningless.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

"Plz eat me Marmot Senpai. I know you are full, but I believe!" - Stale Marshmallow
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

rabbit8 wrote:
sig wrote:

NO U

It's hard to tell since you guys, girls (some gender neutral nonsense here) just throw your votes around like their meaningless.
My vote is worth the same as everyone's, so I think it's meaningful. :pout:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:
sig wrote:

NO U

My vote is worth the same as everyone's, so I think it's meaningful. :pout:
Lucky. Mines -1.
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

"Plz eat me Marmot Senpai. I know you are full, but I believe!" - Stale Marshmallow
"Oh alright then, just a bite."

It is in this moment, that the marmot realizes the true dangers of the stale marshmallows. His teeth were shattered, as he fell to the ground writhing in pain. Never again would this marmot be tempted to take a bite of stale marshmallow when he's full.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

rabbit8 wrote:
sig wrote:

NO U

Semi serious, I doubt I'll leave it on Quin, but him picking at my fluff is pingy.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My vote is likely to go to Serge- two posts here despite activity elsewhere.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Where is agleaminranks have they posted anything this game?
Epi why serge and not agleaminranks ?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Epignosis wrote:My vote is likely to go to Serge- two posts here despite activity elsewhere.
I don't really think it's a good idea to lynch a player for simply being inactive - one could argue it's a scummy thing to do since they make for easy mislynches. It could be used for pressure, but considering that Serge has been pressured before and he didn't respond, I don't think that'd work.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Where is agleaminranks have they posted anything this game?
Epi why serge and not agleaminranks ?
I noticed Serge posted elsewhere but not here.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:My vote is likely to go to Serge- two posts here despite activity elsewhere.
I don't really think it's a good idea to lynch a player for simply being inactive - one could argue it's a scummy thing to do since they make for easy mislynches. It could be used for pressure, but considering that Serge has been pressured before and he didn't respond, I don't think that'd work.
One could argue.

Are you arguing that?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Epignosis wrote:
leetic wrote:
One could argue.

Are you arguing that?
Maybe.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Can someone quote Serge's two posts? Gracias.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
leetic wrote:
One could argue.

Are you arguing that?
Maybe.
If my statement of intention is immediately met with, "one could argue it's a scummy thing to do since they make for easy mislynches," that push back in itself contradicts the notion you set forth that Serge is an easy lynch.

:ponder:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Serge wrote:Have any of you even seen the anime? The first attack, everyone left gets eaten. So we evacuate, and we run.
Serge wrote:Interesting that most of you choose to go to the front lines. I wonder if the titans will come from outside...or inside...

leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Yeah, that does seem a little like prodging to me. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to a lynch on him, but still I'd like to lynch someone who'd give us a little more information. How much information does lynching an inactive player give if they flip town? Not much.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Epignosis wrote:
leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
leetic wrote:
One could argue.

Are you arguing that?
Maybe.
If my statement of intention is immediately met with, "one could argue it's a scummy thing to do since they make for easy mislynches," that push back in itself contradicts the notion you set forth that Serge is an easy lynch.

:ponder:
He is an easy lynch, whether he's scum or not. That's why I tend to shy away from wagons like that, as they don't give out much information, if any.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

leetic wrote:Yeah, that does seem a little like prodging to me. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to a lynch on him, but still I'd like to lynch someone who'd give us a little more information. How much information does lynching an inactive player give if they flip town? Not much.
I don't lynch for information. I lynch to win.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Epignosis wrote:
leetic wrote:Yeah, that does seem a little like prodging to me. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to a lynch on him, but still I'd like to lynch someone who'd give us a little more information. How much information does lynching an inactive player give if they flip town? Not much.
'Xcept it's D1, and the best D1 lynch is one that gives the town information and puts them on track in the next phases.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
'Xcept it's D1, and the best D1 lynch is one that gives the town information and puts them on track in the next phases.
How much information would lynching you provide?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 70
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm currently really busy, so I'll be back to generate some juicy content either late tonight or sometime tomorrow before EoD.

For now, I have the following brief thoughts:

- I'm willing to tentatively throw out slight town reads of insertnamehere, leetic, and Epignosis/ika. I don't want to vote for any of them today due to their contributions, which all thus far seem genuine to me with respect to solving the game.

- I was going to slightly mafia read Silverwolf, but then she flew off the rails and I'm not sure what to make of all of that. Unfortunately for Quin, I still think Silverwolf was suspicious for latching onto the suspicion of me after ika started going after me as well as for her insistence of things that just weren't true (like that I was trying to get people to not form reads on ika, wtf?). It didn't read genuine to me, like instead she doubled down on aggressively pursuing me instead of recognizing she made a faulty point. I don't believe a town Silverwolf would fail to recognize when she was mistaken, but I'm not sure how confidently I believe that. I'd like to give Quin a chance, but... I don't currently have any other slight mafia reads and I'm torn between voting for him due to his predecessor's actions and going the route of a low poster policy lynch (as Epi suggested).

So... I'd like to see more from Quin (and many others), in an attempt to better direct this Day 1 lynch if at all possible. I always feel torn on low poster policy lynches; I can pick up what Epi is putting down but I can also pick up what leetic is putting down, and I'd ideally rather lynch someone I'm legitimately suspicious of than someone who just isn't here, at least on Day 1. But I've also seen too many games here in which town was too hesitant to pursue low posters not only Day 1 but throughout the game, to their demise.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Epignosis wrote:
leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Well, depends on who's on my wagon, and who's opposed.

Also, inactive people usually get subbed out - no use lynching them now.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Well, we've learned you're opposed to lynching Serge even if he's bad. Thanks for that. :smoky:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

In Turf Wars, bad Serge had three posts by Day 2, and didn't get replaced until Day 7.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Epignosis wrote:
leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Well, we've learned you're opposed to lynching Serge even if he's bad. Thanks for that. :smoky:
How the hell do we know he's bad if there's no information to indict him?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Draconus wrote: Participation
The following behavior constitutes non-participation:

- If you do not post for more than 96 consecutive hours.
- If you do not cast a vote in 2 or more lynches.
Therefore unless he prodges Serge will be subbed out soon.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

leetic wrote:

He might not be subbed out or mod killed right away though, his participation score might just take a hit.
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Draconus »

leetic wrote:

Just an FYI, non-participation won't be punished with being replaced. At least not immediately. If the person remains absent from the thread for a long period of time, and is unresponsive to pms ,etc., then I will look for a replacement. If the rules you quoted are broken, then I will discuss an appropriate participation score deduction with MP and SVS. (Your participation score is the last item listed under your avatar).

I hope this makes sense/helps in some way.

Linki: :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Err, anyone we lynch will give us information if the role is revealed.... even a low poster.

If said person is a good then we can look at who wanted low posters lynched as info...

What info do you get when you lynch an active player on day 1 and they are town? Exactly the same as a low poster, IMO.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

rabbit8 wrote:
leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Err, anyone we lynch will give us information if the role is revealed.... even a low poster.

If said person is a good then we can look at who wanted low posters lynched as info...

What info do you get when you lynch an active player on day 1 and they are town? Exactly the same as a low poster, IMO.
An active player would have more content, and likely have more interactions with other players. Information then can be deduced from there.

Contrast that to Serge, who has made only two non-game-related posts. Sure, other people criticize him, but it's only for being inactive, and people on both factions make that argument. I guess it would be a slight scumtell for those who lynched him, but from an active player you can glean so much more. In my opinion, anyway.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

How the hell do we know he's bad if there's no information to indict him?
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

leetic wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:
leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

An active player would have more content, and likely have more interactions with other players. Information then can be deduced from there.

Contrast that to Serge, who has made only two non-game-related posts. Sure, other people criticize him, but it's only for being inactive, and people on both factions make that argument. I guess it would be a slight scumtell for those who lynched him, but from an active player you can glean so much more. In my opinion, anyway.
That kind of information. I was not sure what you meant. I thought you meant actual facts.

Carry on.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

[quote="Epignosis"]

*PARAPHRASED FROM QUOTE PYRAMID* We take a chance[quote]

That's high risk, decent reward thinking. So if we do the minimal effort to catch scum, we might land. And if we don't? We waste a day phase.

There are ways to catch scum that a. aren't just throwing a dart at someone randomly and hoping you hit scum and b. are less likely to waste a day phase.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

leetic wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
*PARAPHRASED FROM QUOTE PYRAMID* We take a chance

That's high risk, decent reward thinking. So if we do the minimal effort to catch scum, we might land. And if we don't? We waste a day phase.

There are ways to catch scum that a. aren't just throwing a dart at someone randomly and hoping you hit scum and b. are less likely to waste a day phase.

Would you vote for one of the replaced players? Mainly, Epi? I hear he's just a bitch anyway....
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't agree with you. The kind of "information" you propose to gain by lynching somebody who is actually around is easily manipulated and for that reason generally useless. You call it information. I call it potential misinformation.

I am not suggesting a random dart throw. Serge is not random. Serge was deliberately selected.

You propose lynching an active player who might be good just so we have something to talk about Day 2. No thanks.

Return to “Previous Heists”