Post by kneel4justice »

Voted Operator.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 37

Re: Transistor [Night 6]

Post by agleaminranks »

kneel4justice wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Argh. If JJJ is a baddy, he is playing one hell of a good civ game. That level of analysis is stupendous.

I'm actually surprised at the result of his analysis with me. Frankly, if I were outside looking in, I would be hella suspicious of myself. I misplaced faith in two people who flipped bad when I doubted them originally. That would just look like bad attempts at distancing, and I haven't participated in a successful baddy lynch yet.
I know I'm good, but if I didn't have that insight, I would think I were bad. Which, if I had to have a suspicion of JJJ, would be the only one I could make: it would be that if he were bad, he would know I wasn't, and could use that to his advantage if I were lynched. But I want to believe JJJ is good just by how useful his analyses have been as a whole. It just seems highly unlikely to me that someone would be willing to go to those levels if they were lying through their teeth.

I'm a little inclined to agree with his analysis at the end here. llama has been tunneling JJJ since Night 2, apart from the one vote on the nutella train. Mac has agreed with llama in a couple of posts and done somehow even less to support his votes. I don't like either of the two.

I'm voting Mac.
And you have ignored the discussion of the importance of voting process elements as well, so what is up with that? You seem to have avoided voting for the elements, just as Llama has.
Following the mafia's kill of a process element, you voted for me and said you'd explain further later. Your explanation can be found here. You say it was to gauge reactions, which is fine. But you also explain that you weren't sure of voting for a process element so you voted for me - even though you did not think I would be lynched. Those two things kind of cancel each other out IMO.
It comes out looking like you just didn't want to vote for a process element.....and if you don't have a real suspicion of anyone, why not vote an element? I'm not quite following your train of thought. I will say the fact that you outright said you didn't know how to feel about voting for an element makes it feel more genuine as opposed to avoiding it with bad intentions.
But now you are repeating and it makes me uneasy.......saying you're voting for Mac, while it is being discussed how dangerous the process elements are. I don't understand how people are ignoring this.
K4J, I see the numbers about Process elements. I can see that in a case, we could be outnumbered. I understand the potential for being outnumbered for votes. But as far as I can see, and from what we know, not counting the unknowns, I don't see why the Process is so dangerous. What have the Process elements done so far? They've interacted with us in the thread, thrown a lot of in-character reads and votes out, but looking back, they haven't been the deciding factor in a lynch or anything. They've just kind of been there.

Mafia, on the other hand, by my count, has killed four civilians already. Heck, we're lucky they've fallen bait to the Process scare because otherwise we'd be down two more civilians and be infinitely more screwed.

I understand the rationale behind the fear of the unknown. I think it's a reasonable fear to have in this kind of game. But just judging by what's happened for the entirety of the last seven day periods, the mafia is way more of a pressing matter than the Process!

Look, guys. I'm willing to entertain an Element vote for the next period if you think there's something I've missed. But looking at the game history, I still feel like the main focus should be hunting bad guys. The Process elements have been infighting as well, I don't know if there's a guarantee they could all turn on us at one time. What is guaranteed is the Mafia nightkilling.

Voting Operator.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
agleaminranks
The Mark

Re: Transistor [Night 7]

Post by agleaminranks »

Actually I think we could even find some Mafia elements in the people who have openly promoted the Process scare. They did lynch two of them so far.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 46

Re: Transistor [Night 6]

Post by thellama73 »

kneel4justice wrote:Looking back through Llama's posts...I think Llama could be the process.

Llama originally expressed interest in partaking in DrumBeat's plan (here) and then further expressed that it would be a good idea to lynch a process element to see what happens (here).
Following the mafia's killing of a process element, Llama voted for JJJ without any discussion of following DrumBeat's plan (here). Granted Llama was busy during away at a convention during this particular phase. I was originally pinged by this, but looking back I find it even more bothersome - since Llama actually expressed interest in DrumBeat's proposal.
It's starting to look like Llama wanted to appear ready to work against the process but when the actual time came, he wasn't willing to do so. Strikes me as someone who didn't want to lose their elements and thought since the elements are so mysterious and that there was no concrete information on what needed to be done with the elements, they could get away with it.
Llama has voted for JJJ, yet again...during the midst of a conversation that has centered around why it is important to lynch an element this particular day phase to avoid the process from getting too much power as far as voting ratios go.

Now, I think strategically, it would still be best to go ahead with lynching an element, in the event that this is wrong. But I do think once we get the ratio to an acceptable amount (which, someone might have to help with that math lol) Llama is a good candidate for the process.
If I am wrong about Llama being the process, I do think there is a chance that he is mafia. Looking back I did not see any comments on Eloh's behavior during her time of being alive. He also had good reads on MP and never changed those. Which looks bad at face value, now I think it would be stupid for him to avoid suspecting both of them, but not impossible.
Yeah, but do you really think that? Voting process elements is all good and well, and I will be happy to join you in doing that once my arch-foe JJJ is gone.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bring it, llama. I've made every effort I can to talk with you and you've had none of it. Now I have reasons to associate you with both non-civilian factions. Get lynched.

I voted for Operator. I think revealing that will be informative when looking back to its being lynched over Snapshot.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Voting Operator.

I'm finding the JJJ suspicions without much of an effort to back them up becoming more and more bizarre (as in, I'm questioning why they're happening beyond face value). Gonna ponder this. I'd like to see others' thoughts on this. I'm off to a baseball game for the evening, but may be back later tonight, but more likely tomorrow. Hasta más tarde, muchachos.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DFaraday »

nijuukyugou wrote:Voting Operator.

I'm finding the JJJ suspicions without much of an effort to back them up becoming more and more bizarre (as in, I'm questioning why they're happening beyond face value). Gonna ponder this. I'd like to see others' thoughts on this. I'm off to a baseball game for the evening, but may be back later tonight, but more likely tomorrow. Hasta más tarde, muchachos.
Yeah, nobody who has brought forth suspicion of JJJ has backed it up with anything.

Also voting Operator.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 56

Post by MacDougall »

That's not true. I have made a watertight case against him.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

rezz... plz...
dunya
Turnip Head
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 79

Re: Transistor [Day 7]

Post by Epignosis »

Night 7 Ends: Gateless

Without gates, no one can advance, not even a little bit. Sometimes that's a good thing.
No one has been killed.
It is now Day 8. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Transistor [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Research the Process

Jerk
No votes

Fetch
DrumBeats (4)
8%

Clucker
thellama73 (8)
8%

Man
Cheerleader (5)
8%

Operator
kneel4justice (6), agleaminranks (7), JaggedJimmyJay (9), nijuukyugou (10), DFaraday (11), MacDougall (12)
50%

The Spine (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
leetic (1), Epignosis (2), Scotty (3)
25%

Total votes : 12
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Transistor [Day 8]

Post by MacDougall »

Wellety wellety...
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 75

Post by DrumBeats »

GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT WHAT LUNA IS!

If you look at the Transistor wiki (http://transistor.wikia.com/wiki/Sandbox) page here apparently Luna is a friendly Fetch found in the game's sandbox mode.

Additionally, the lack of a kill means that mafia either shot the Process, shot an element protected by Cheerleader, or shot a civ protected by a doctor if that is still present in the game. Operator's role is interesting and better taken out before the others die, so I am happy it is out, though the fact that it didn't have a vote makes me feel that it might not have been the best lynch option.

Process elements I would be willing to vote today: Man or Fetch

I feel like elements are still the way to go for now. It would be best to err on the safe side with them before we fight the civ vs mafia war that could drop our numbers below that of the Process.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Why don't you tell us who the process is since you just found out.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think it's important that we energize this game as much as possible right now. It is entirely winnable, but to get there we're going to need coordination amongst town reads and communication about courses to be followed. Without vote changes, any vote placed by a townie upon another townie has the potential to be very damaging at this point, and we stand a better chance of avoiding that if we talk everything over before the votes start falling and facilitate coordinated voting and team work. I'd like to hear perspectives from everyone remaining on the following points:

1. Who are your town reads?

2. Who do you think are most likely to be mafia?

3. Who do you think are most likely to be the Process?

4. Do you feel we should lynch a player or an element this day phase?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

MacDougall wrote:Why don't you tell us who the process is since you just found out.
Of the possible options you seem pretty sure mafia tried to kill Process last night, rather than an element protected by cheerleader. How would you know they did that unless you were one of them?

Stronger town reads: Nijuu - key player in both scum lynches iirc, early vote in a counter wagon on Elochin day one.

Town reads: DFaraday - Good interactions with past scum members; Vote history isn't as good though I'm pretty sure (on mobile so I don't want to go back and check)
K4J - Relatively good vote history, active, and haven't really had any pings there so far

Process Read: 3J - He has tried numerous times this game to legitimize the Process's thoughts/actions. Started and abandoned a case based on the Process research votes, which honestly seemed more like a distancing himself from the Process type thing than legitimate hunting.

Slight Process: Llama - Has tried to distance himself from the elements but yet when time has come to lynch them he hasn't been very cooperative. If he is scum, he is not scum with Agleam imo.

Light Scumread: MacDoug - Contributed absolutely nothing and hops onto suspicions with no explanation.

Major scumread: Agleam - His interactions with Elo and MP reek of distancing attempts. He would always make weak cases on them, but then immediately backs off with a "but I don't know" or by removing the suspicion completely. Voting for MP during Elo's lynch was clear distancing.

Lynch an element today. Both sides need them out of the picture right now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrumBeats wrote:Process Read: 3J - He has tried numerous times this game to legitimize the Process's thoughts/actions. Started and abandoned a case based on the Process research votes, which honestly seemed more like a distancing himself from the Process type thing than legitimate hunting.
1. I never abandoned it. What makes you say that?

2. Do you have a better method for finding the Process? There is objective data available in the game directly relevant to the Process in the night polls, and I did my best to find anything meaningful in that information. Why does that look like "distancing"?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

You drew next to no conclusion from it and you haven't mentioned it since the operator flip or analyzed the operator votes. Seems abandoned to me :shrug:

Also it seems like distancing because in the end, you only arrived at a very conditional "If this is valid..." Conclusion based upon it, and all gained information you mentioned from it was simply a smaller "they look better, they look worse" For all the effort you put into it, I'm not sure I believe all that effort was for that small maybe conclusion. The effort would be much more warranted if there were a more subtle motive behind it, being to distance.

As for a better way, I personally think analyzing people's behavior always trumps vote analysis. Looking at possible motives and inconsistencies.

Also, answer your own questions please. Town reads, Process reads, Scum reads, if we should lynch an element.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrumBeats wrote:You drew next to no conclusion from it and you haven't mentioned it since the operator flip or analyzed the operator votes. Seems abandoned to me :shrug:

Also it seems like distancing because in the end, you only arrived at a very conditional "If this is valid..." Conclusion based upon it, and all gained information you mentioned from it was simply a smaller "they look better, they look worse" For all the effort you put into it, I'm not sure I believe all that effort was for that small maybe conclusion. The effort would be much more warranted if there were a more subtle motive behind it, being to distance.
I think llama is more likely to be the Process than I did before that analysis, and I think DFaraday and Mac are less likely. Those are valuable conclusions in a field of players this small. I didn't abandon it at all and never suggested an intent to abandon it.

It's necessary to qualify that effort with the admission that it's based upon a premise that I cannot confirm. It's an educated inference, and it's a necessary inference for the night polls to have that value. I don't have the confidence about how the Process and its elements function as you seem to have.
DrumBeats wrote:As for a better way, I personally think analyzing people's behavior always trumps vote analysis. Looking at possible motives and inconsistencies.
Of course behavior is important. We're playing Mafia. The best thing is to judge votes and behavior. Any information at our disposal should be utilized, and prior to my analysis nobody had really done anything with the night poll information.
DrumBeats wrote:Also, answer your own questions please. Town reads, Process reads, Scum reads, if we should lynch an element.
Strongest town reads are nijuukyugou and yourself. I like your interactions with the deceased baddies. I don't think you're likely to be the Process given your treatment of the elements all game long and also their treatment of you. I have observed no compelling reason to associate niju with the Process either. I also think DFaraday looks good for being MP's main fall guy in the Zebra wagon.

I think llama looks the most Process-compatible both for behavior and for night polling. I also just remembered that thing where Cell called me "inconclusive" and llama acted like that meant something. :suspish:

I think MacDougall is the best mafia candidate (and llama if he's not the Process). K4J and algeam fall behind them by process of elimination.

If we lynch an element today, I think it'd need to be either Man or Fetch, since an unknown element is probably a better lynch than one with no voting power. Let's examine how it's been divided so far:

8 elements revealed, 3 of which have one vote and another with the -1 vote. 4 with meaningful influence upon the tally. The operator adds a one-time potential vote unless it only reuses night actions.

4 elements unrevealed. If the ratio holds, we could expect 2 of them to have voting power. Only two of those unrevealed 4 are in this poll though. I think it's most likely that one of the two has voting power.

If that's true, then today we'd be dealing with 5:2:1/1, 5:2:2 if the voting element is pro-Process. We should also note that there has never been a day phase in which every element has been in the poll at once, so it's probably too much paranoia to be concerned with a totally insurmountable 5-Process-votes-at-LyLo type scenario or something. That'd also just be stupidly imbalanced and make no mechanical sense. I don't think we must lynch an element, but it remains the safest option. If there is enough of a consensus among the people I town read on a player to lynch, I am willing to go that direction. If there's a lot of spread or disagreement, then I'd relegate to an element because I think we can coalesce on that without argument.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

DrumBeats wrote:GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT WHAT LUNA IS!

If you look at the Transistor wiki (http://transistor.wikia.com/wiki/Sandbox) page here apparently Luna is a friendly Fetch found in the game's sandbox mode.

Additionally, the lack of a kill means that mafia either shot the Process, shot an element protected by Cheerleader, or shot a civ protected by a doctor if that is still present in the game. Operator's role is interesting and better taken out before the others die, so I am happy it is out, though the fact that it didn't have a vote makes me feel that it might not have been the best lynch option.

I feel like elements are still the way to go for now. It would be best to err on the safe side with them before we fight the civ vs mafia war that could drop our numbers below that of the Process.
I might be crucified for saying this, but no way, dude. The mafia misses a kill, giving us an advantage when they have (presumably, barring shenanigans) TWO members left this late in the game, and you want to waste the precious day on a Process element? I understand your numbers analysis. I appreciate that you're not ignoring a dangerous indy. But this focus away from baddie hunting for so long is starting to smell. Bad. I agree with JJJ - Epi may be evil, but he's not SO unbalanced (game-wise; can't speak for his mental state :P ) that we couldn't use the day to hunt baddies.

I'll be doing some vote listy-analysis that's helped me in the past to organize my thoughts, now that I'm able to focus more again. Will post. Will discuss. Would like to see others' thoughts on this matter, too.

...Where is everyone?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

nijuukyugou wrote:

I might be crucified for saying this, but no way, dude. The mafia misses a kill, giving us an advantage when they have (presumably, barring shenanigans) TWO members left this late in the game, and you want to waste the precious day on a Process element? I understand your numbers analysis. I appreciate that you're not ignoring a dangerous indy. But this focus away from baddie hunting for so long is starting to smell. Bad. I agree with JJJ - Epi may be evil, but he's not SO unbalanced (game-wise; can't speak for his mental state :P ) that we couldn't use the day to hunt baddies.

I'll be doing some vote listy-analysis that's helped me in the past to organize my thoughts, now that I'm able to focus more again. Will post. Will discuss. Would like to see others' thoughts on this matter, too.

...Where is everyone?
I like wat ur saying but I dont know if I can trust it haha

Im right here, u right there. Gimme a M! Gimme a A! And a F-I-A! U R MAFIA!
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Posting this with very short thoughts. Focus is only on lynch polls. The numbers correspond with their placement in voting (e.g., a 2 means the person voted second for that particular player, not necessarily second overall). My thoughts are based almost purely on the vote placements, with a tiny, tiny bit of commentary based on thread behavior.

gleam
Day 1: Matt (2)
Day 2: MP (single)
Day 3: nijuu (2)
Day 4: llama (2)
Day 5: k4j (single)
Day 6: misses vote
Day 7: misses vote

Missed the last two lynch polls, but voted in the night polls. Curious. For me, this rules out that he’s inactive mafia if he’s voting in night polls (i.e., not missing night actions). He seems to be throwing his votes wherever others are NOT voting. Never votes an element. Votes MP early, but not with any momentum. Iffy, and a candidate for either mafia or Process.

DFaraday
Day 1: zebra (3)
Day 2: misses vote
Day 3: Nero (4)
Day 4: nutella (2)
Day 5: Operator (5)

Never votes mafia, votes once for element. Misses three votes. Could be a candidate for inactive mafia if they missed their kill completely last night. Pretty unengaged regardless.

DrumBeats
Day 1: zebra (6)
Day 2: nutella (single)
Day 3: Nero (6)
Day 4: nutella (9)
Day 5: Operator (1)
Day 6: MP (1)
Day 7: Creep (1)

Votes for one mafia member (MP) and is first to do so. Looks decent. Two votes for Process elements. Avoids Eloh lynch both times (seals zebra’s lynch over Eloh Day 1). Not such a good look. Very doubtful Process, given his enthusiasm for lynching elements, but possible mafia given the Eloh avoidance.

JJJ
Day 1: Eloh (4)
Day 2: Eloh (3)
Day 3: Nero (8)
Day 4: nutella (8)
Day 5: Operator (4)
Day 6: MP (3)
Day 7: Creep (3)

Votes for two mafia members and at crucial times. Two votes for Process elements. Hella bussing if mafia.

reywaS/k4j
Day 1: misses vote (reywaS, inactive)
Day 2: Eloh (5)
Day 3: Nero (5)
Day 4: nutella (6)
Day 5: Operator (3)
Day 6: MP (6)
Day 7: Creep (2)

Votes for two mafia members late, but sealing their lynches. Votes for two Process elements. Again, hella bussing if mafia.

Illyria/Mac
Day 1: zebra (only Illyria vote)
Day 2: Wilgy (single)
Day 3: misses vote
Day 4: nutella (5)
Day 5: misses vote
Day 6: JJJ (1)

Misses lots of votes. No known mafia votes. No Process element votes. Inactive/unengaged mafia? Unengaged civ? Possible Process? An enigma.

nijuu
Day 1: Eloh (2)
Day 2: Eloh (4)
Day 3: Nero (7)
Day 4: nutella (4)
Day 5: MP (2)
Day 6: MP (2)
Day 7: Creep (4)

Four votes for mafia. One Process element vote. I’m the best :noble:

llama
Day 1: misses vote
Day 2: JJJ (single)
Day 3: Nero (2)
Day 4: nutella (1)
Day 5: JJJ (single)
Day 6: JJJ (2)
Day 7: JJJ (single)

No votes for mafia. On a JJJ vendetta. Methinks this stands out a bit too much for a baddie, or Process, unless there’s something we don’t know. I really, REALLY want to hear why he believes JJJ is bad, because I don’t see it, especially based on votes. It looks like a curse or screwed up win condition of some sort, reminiscent of Biblical mafia (except JJJ isn’t after llama, while llama’s after JJJ). Or he’s just fucking around.

I’ll think on these a bit more (and combine with thread behavior), and see what others think, too (and correct me if I've made a mistake). The organization is more for my own thoughts, but perhaps it'll help others? I'll need to go back and re-read, but not immediately; this sort of analysis always takes so much longer than I anticipate, so I’m going to take a break away from the computer for a while. Perhaps read a book or do the laundry that’s piled up. Hmm.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

nijuukyugou wrote:

...Where is everyone?
If we're not doing an element I will support an agleam lynch. He is the only person I feel strongly enough about that I don't think it would be risking a mislynch.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Hi guys. Sorry for not being around, this Summer is hit or miss for me, depending on the day. I'll be sure to post tomorrow afternoon/evening.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Golf »

Just finished catching up! I have to say it seems highly probable to me that the Process is the baddie here, so unless I happen to change my mind I'll likely be voting for the Process. :srsnod:
Fractal
sprityo
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think it's important that we energize this game as much as possible right now. It is entirely winnable, but to get there we're going to need coordination amongst town reads and communication about courses to be followed. Without vote changes, any vote placed by a townie upon another townie has the potential to be very damaging at this point, and we stand a better chance of avoiding that if we talk everything over before the votes start falling and facilitate coordinated voting and team work. I'd like to hear perspectives from everyone remaining on the following points:

1. Who are your town reads?

2. Who do you think are most likely to be mafia?

3. Who do you think are most likely to be the Process?

4. Do you feel we should lynch a player or an element this day phase?
1. JJJ, K4J, and Ninja.

2. Llama and Mac. I suspect they may have just decided to throw caution to the wind and play unreadable games.

3. Gleam, particularly because of his recent post along with the fact that he's never voted an element.

4. I would be in favor of lynching Gleam, because I feel the most confident about him and sooner or later we need to lynch the Process.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DFaraday, what do you think of DrumBeats?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:DFaraday, what do you think of DrumBeats?
I'm leaning civ, but don't feel as strongly about him as some of the others. If he's not civ, he's Mafia, since he's spent the whole game trying to get rid of Process elements.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

If I don't vote now I'll probably miss again, so I'm going ahead and *voting Gleam*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

I've made at least two lengthy posts now on why I think it's better to be baddie hunting than voting for process elements right now. I've asked for input on what others think about the idea, and whether or not there's something I'm missing. I've even entertained the possibility of voting for an element, but no one has even responded to any of my questioning or any of my thoughts on the matter. I've been completely ignored, and most everyone is saying they have a mafia read on me, when my posts attempting to explain my reasoning just get glossed over. What gives, people?
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Also, I honestly didn't even realize I missed the last two votes. I'm real sorry, I think playing two mafia games at the same time has gotten me a bit over my head. I won't miss the vote today.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

agleaminranks wrote:I've made at least two lengthy posts now on why I think it's better to be baddie hunting than voting for process elements right now. I've asked for input on what others think about the idea, and whether or not there's something I'm missing. I've even entertained the possibility of voting for an element, but no one has even responded to any of my questioning or any of my thoughts on the matter. I've been completely ignored, and most everyone is saying they have a mafia read on me, when my posts attempting to explain my reasoning just get glossed over. What gives, people?
I, as a dog, will trust your judgment and vote for whomever you vote for. :hug:
Fractal
sprityo
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

agleaminranks wrote:Also, I honestly didn't even realize I missed the last two votes. I'm real sorry, I think playing two mafia games at the same time has gotten me a bit over my head. I won't miss the vote today.
EBWOP: I planned to vote Mac on day six and somehow just forgot to press the button. Even said so in the thread. D'oy.

I still feel very bad about Mac and he will be getting my vote again.
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Fetch wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:I've made at least two lengthy posts now on why I think it's better to be baddie hunting than voting for process elements right now. I've asked for input on what others think about the idea, and whether or not there's something I'm missing. I've even entertained the possibility of voting for an element, but no one has even responded to any of my questioning or any of my thoughts on the matter. I've been completely ignored, and most everyone is saying they have a mafia read on me, when my posts attempting to explain my reasoning just get glossed over. What gives, people?
I, as a dog, will trust your judgment and vote for whomever you vote for. :hug:
Thanks? I think?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

agleaminranks wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Also, I honestly didn't even realize I missed the last two votes. I'm real sorry, I think playing two mafia games at the same time has gotten me a bit over my head. I won't miss the vote today.
EBWOP: I planned to vote Mac on day six and somehow just forgot to press the button. Even said so in the thread. D'oy.

Are you sure? :confused:
Fractal
sprityo
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Fetch wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:

Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

agleaminranks wrote:
Fetch wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:

:shrug:

I voted for Mac for reasons stated above.
Fractal
sprityo
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 46

Post by thellama73 »

I'm up for a Gleam lynch today. Me and Faraday, pedal to the metal!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

I'm going to be gone at the update, but it seems nobody wants to lynch an element today. Only fair ig since mafia didn't kill one. I'll be voting gleam as well for aforementioned reasons.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

A vote for me is vote against freedom
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrumBeats wrote:I'm going to be gone at the update, but it seems nobody wants to lynch an element today. Only fair ig since mafia didn't kill one. I'll be voting gleam as well for aforementioned reasons.
So your desparation to element lynch is false
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Jack Shephard »

Fetch wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
Fetch wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:

:shrug:

I voted for Mac for reasons stated above.
Ruff! Ruff!

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My main concern with an agleam lynch now is that Mac and llama have thrown in on it without contest. I do consider agleam to be within the POE and could live with this move, but I'd prefer a lynch of one of those two. I'm not sure there are enough votes left in the field for that to happen though, depending upon the Process elements and how niju/K4J feel about the scenario.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Niju does raise a sound point re: agleam:
nijuukyugou wrote:gleam
Day 1: Matt (2)
Day 2: MP (single)
Day 3: nijuu (2)
Day 4: llama (2)
Day 5: k4j (single)

Missed the last two lynch polls, but voted in the night polls. Curious. For me, this rules out that he’s inactive mafia if he’s voting in night polls (i.e., not missing night actions). He seems to be throwing his votes wherever others are NOT voting. Never votes an element. Votes MP early, but not with any momentum. Iffy, and a candidate for either mafia or Process.
His votes have consistently been off-wagon, with some of them falling late enough in a phase that the prevailing wagon(s) had begun to form (during the Nero and nutella lynches). None of his votes thus far have really been placed with much pressure.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeh but the cases against me and Llama amount to... Jimmy is butthurt.

I would have voted for you but unfortunately you have the masses fooled as usual.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Here.
Why is Gleam's vote on Fetch?
He said he was voting Mac.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:Yeh but the cases against me and Llama amount to... Jimmy is butthurt.

I would have voted for you but unfortunately you have the masses fooled as usual.
There's also the part where I actually stated reasons relevant to this game thread to suspect you both. My butt and its current state of comfort/discomfort are irrelevant to those things.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

No
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jimmy is process imo. 7 out of 10 times.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm sure glad we had this little chat, Mac.

Why am I Process now instead of MP's team mate?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”