Re: Transistor [Day 8]

Post by kneel4justice »

Mac, why did you vote Gleam?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 46

Post by thellama73 »

kneel4justice wrote:Mac, why did you vote Gleam?
My name isn't Mac.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

It seems like a few of us are convinced that JJJ is bad. Mac, let's you and I destroy him tomorrow.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 79

Post by kneel4justice »

I'm having trouble accessing the site. Anyone else?
Llama, why did you vote for Gleam?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

kneel4justice wrote:I'm having trouble accessing the site. Anyone else?
Because I can't get people to agree on a JJJ wagon, and Gleam has a shady vote record. An early defense of Eloh and vote for MP when no one else was considering such a vote makes it look like a strategic vote for future cover when MP flipped bad.

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My main concern with an agleam lynch now is that Mac and llama have thrown in on it without contest. I do consider agleam to be within the POE and could live with this move, but I'd prefer a lynch of one of those two. I'm not sure there are enough votes left in the field for that to happen though, depending upon the Process elements and how niju/K4J feel about the scenario.
I have had my suspicions of Gleam. Those of which have mainly been focused around Gleam potentially being the process, due to the seemingly avoidance of voting for process elements. However, I was more inclined to believe Llama was the process, because at least Gleam was addressing his avoidance of voting for the elements, while Llama was just ignoring them.

But -- I looked at DrumBeat's case against Gleam and realized that I wasn't fully considering Gleam to be mafia because he had been among the earlier players to voice suspicion of MP so I thought they wouldn't be teammates. But I hadn't realized that Gleam hadn't actually voted for MP when the time came - so I do agree with the idea that this could have been an attempt for distance but when the time came, Gleam was unwilling to bus MP. That combined with the fact that Gleam did nothing substantial against Eloh makes Gleam a good candidate for mafia, too.

So, I cannot say that I am against a Gleam lynch. I will say that I am, too, bothered by the fact that both Llama and Mac are on this lynch, as they have been pretty unwilling to consider many other options this game besides a JJJ lynch - now suddenly they both are. With basically no explanation.

I'm wondering if Llama and Mac are the remaining members of the mafia, and know that Gleam is the process because they tried to kill him last night and he did not die. So now they are willing to place their votes somewhere else in order to get rid of the process, as they would need the process lynched to win.

Perhaps I was mistaken in the thought that Llama was more likely to be the process because he was ignoring the elements altogether, and instead Gleam is more favorable of being the process, as the process would be more careful than to outright ignore the elements - but instead try to make excuses to/talk around not voting them.

Afterall, I do think Llama also has good potential of being mafia. Because he never had anything to say about Eloh, and only good things to say about MP.

It's just...if Llama and Mac were indeed mafia together, that would have to be a suicidal move, to team up throughout the game like they have been doing (from voting JJJ to now voting Gleam, both with little to no actual reasons stated).
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

kneel4justice wrote: I'm wondering if Llama and Mac are the remaining members of the mafia, and know that Gleam is the process because they tried to kill him last night and he did not die. So now they are willing to place their votes somewhere else in order to get rid of the process, as they would need the process lynched to win.

Perhaps I was mistaken in the thought that Llama was more likely to be the process because he was ignoring the elements altogether, and instead Gleam is more favorable of being the process, as the process would be more careful than to outright ignore the elements - but instead try to make excuses to/talk around not voting them.

Afterall, I do think Llama also has good potential of being mafia. Because he never had anything to say about Eloh, and only good things to say about MP.

It's just...if Llama and Mac were indeed mafia together, that would have to be a suicidal move, to team up throughout the game like they have been doing (from voting JJJ to now voting Gleam, both with little to no actual reasons stated).
Mac and I are not mafia together, neither are we mafia separately. We are simpatico civilians who can sniff out what's going on. I don't have any idea what "The Process" is, frankly.

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

thellama73 wrote:
Because I can't get people to agree on a JJJ wagon, and Gleam has a shady vote record. An early defense of Eloh and vote for MP when no one else was considering such a vote makes it look like a strategic vote for future cover when MP flipped bad.
But, I don't think you have really tried to persuade people to join your suspicion of JJJ. It's been the same come in and vote for JJJ for a few phases in a row. I won't argue with your reasoning in suspecting Gleam, because I share the belief that it is suspicious. But, I do find it weird that now you've suddenly decided to vote elsewhere when you wouldn't really budge previously (minus, once, I think).
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

kneel4justice wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
But, I don't think you have really tried to persuade people to join your suspicion of JJJ. It's been the same come in and vote for JJJ for a few phases in a row. I won't argue with your reasoning in suspecting Gleam, because I share the belief that it is suspicious. But, I do find it weird that now you've suddenly decided to vote elsewhere when you wouldn't really budge previously (minus, once, I think).
JJJ is extremely good at covering his tracks. I can't make a case on him good enough to convince people at present, but my gut says he is not a good fellow.

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73 wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
JJJ is extremely good at covering his tracks. I can't make a case on him good enough to convince people at present, but my gut says he is not a good fellow.
You can't make a good enough case "at present"? It's Day 8. There's a wealth of stuff to talk about in my post history. If your gut is genuinely telling you this, and it has been telling you this for literally weeks without a moment's hesitation, then that must mean you've seen posts that I have made that you specifically don't appreciate. Point them out.

I can believe that someone might suspect me in a Mafia game. I get suspected all the time. What I struggle to believe is that your suspicion can persist this long without any movement when you've made no true effort to pursue it. You've called me bad and you've placed votes, but you've done absolutely nothing to move the other people in this game that you would need to get me lynched. It's been a stagnant non-effort, and when you're going after the thread's most vocal/active player that doesn't make sense to me. If you think I should be lynched, then why haven't you tried to get me lynched? Really tried?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Settle down, Jimmy.

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Gahhhhhhh!! I came into this thread and saw the clusterfuck of posts today and actually said out loud, "What the fuck is even going on?" My thoughts are jumbled, so this post may be a bit jumbled, too.

As far as vote records and thread behavior go, gleam, llama, and Drum catch my eye the most. gleam's vote record/behavior has been discussed at length, so I won't repeat it. llama's been voting JJJ for ages, but suddenly votes gleam because "his wagon isn't catching on." It is continually irritating to see llama and Mac stating a suspicion of JJJ without qualifying it beyond "he's bamboozling us!" or "he's butthurt!" when I and others besides JJJ have asked for further clarification. This is why no one is jumping on your wagon and you know it. JJJ's vote record and thread behavior have been pro-civ, which points to his being civ. Whatever you're "seeing" beyond this is not apparent. At all. Drum's insistence on finding elements rather than baddies for several phases (especially this crucial one), and his failure to vote Eloh early in the game, catch my eye in a bad way as I think about it more and more. I know he voted MP in his actual lynching, so that makes him look better than the others, but that could easily be bussing. What do others think? Am I missing something that should steer me away from him? Anyway.

I have enough suspicion of gleam to give him a vote over anyone else at the moment. My concern is the eagerness of people to vote him, as JJJ said, but then again, others appear to be hesitant, so...Yeah. Gonna vote gleam and hope for the best.

Linki - LOL @ JJJ. Dude, I'm almost as frustrated as you in that matter.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Ned Flanders »

Probably a bit too late now, but I believe Jimbo deserves a harder look.

JaggedJimmyJay
Assault
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

nijuukyugou wrote:JJJ's vote record and thread behavior have been pro-civ, which points to his being civ. Whatever you're "seeing" beyond this is not apparent. At all.
Yeah, and that's really annoying for me.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73 wrote:Settle down, Jimmy.
I'm sure glad we had this little chat, llama.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think agleam is mathematically lynched now, barring unseen shenanigans. Man just threw his vote on me out of nowhere with no likely impact on the lynch; that might indicate his vote is worth 0.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Settle down, Jimmy.
I'm sure glad we had this little chat, llama.
Me too. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Voted agleam.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16

Post by dodo »

Why are you guys voting that guy?

I want to vote MovingPictures again.

:beer:
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Well not that it matters anymore, but voting Gleam, in hopes he is indeed the process. I'll settle for him being mafia, though.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

nijuukyugou wrote:Gahhhhhhh!! I came into this thread and saw the clusterfuck of posts today and actually said out loud, "What the fuck is even going on?" My thoughts are jumbled, so this post may be a bit jumbled, too.

As far as vote records and thread behavior go, gleam, llama, and Drum catch my eye the most. gleam's vote record/behavior has been discussed at length, so I won't repeat it. llama's been voting JJJ for ages, but suddenly votes gleam because "his wagon isn't catching on." It is continually irritating to see llama and Mac stating a suspicion of JJJ without qualifying it beyond "he's bamboozling us!" or "he's butthurt!" when I and others besides JJJ have asked for further clarification. This is why no one is jumping on your wagon and you know it. JJJ's vote record and thread behavior have been pro-civ, which points to his being civ. Whatever you're "seeing" beyond this is not apparent. At all. Drum's insistence on finding elements rather than baddies for several phases (especially this crucial one), and his failure to vote Eloh early in the game, catch my eye in a bad way as I think about it more and more. I know he voted MP in his actual lynching, so that makes him look better than the others, but that could easily be bussing. What do others think? Am I missing something that should steer me away from him? Anyway.

I have enough suspicion of gleam to give him a vote over anyone else at the moment. My concern is the eagerness of people to vote him, as JJJ said, but then again, others appear to be hesitant, so...Yeah. Gonna vote gleam and hope for the best.

Linki - LOL @ JJJ. Dude, I'm almost as frustrated as you in that matter.
I am not sold on how focusing on elements is bad (I think it makes perfect sense from a logical standpoint, and not sure why others haven't seen this?), if you continue to scum-hunt and share opinions on players, which I believe DB has been doing. So I am not really bothered by this.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Transistor [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Find the Camerata or The Process.

Poll runs till Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:15 pm

agleaminranks
DFaraday (6), thellama73 (9), DrumBeats (10), MacDougall (11), nijuukyugou (13), JaggedJimmyJay (15), kneel4justice (17)
41%

Cell
No votes

Cheerleader
No votes

DFaraday
No votes

DrumBeats
No votes

Fetch
agleaminranks (7), Luna (12)
12%

JaggedJimmyJay
Man (14), Cell (16)
12%

kneel4justice
No votes

Luna
No votes

MacDougall
Fetch (8)
6%

Man
No votes

nijuukyugou
Cheerleader (5)
6%

thellama73
No votes

Fairview (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), leetic (2), Scotty (3), Spacedaisy (4)
24%

Total votes : 17
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 8 Ends: Sandbox

The pressure piled on agleaminranks. He probably needs a break anyway.

I hope agleaminranks is enjoying himself in the country. Maybe even by the shore. Enjoy that sand, buddy. I hope we do better tomorrow.
agleamingranks has been lynched.
It is now Night 8. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs and vote.
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Transistor [Night 8]

Post by thellama73 »

Damn it.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Prolonged fart noise.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Prolonged fart noise.
Unrealistic cartoon sound effects.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 56

Post by MacDougall »

As I suspected... gleam was a civ all along and JJJ continues not to be one.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Golf »

How can you just sit there and fart when this man's blood is on our paws?! :overreact:
Fractal
sprityo
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 75

Post by DrumBeats »

Wow, did not expect that one tbh. Mafia, you need to shoot an element right now. If you don't we aren't going to risk lynching one, and you may very well lose the game due to not being able to outvote the Process.

Voting Man.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Man oh Man, let's check out Man.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Ugh. The chances of mafia/process seemed so good.
I voted for Jerk.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 8 Ends: Interlace

Things are looking pretty bad...
thellama73 has been killed by The Camerata.
It is now Day 9. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Transistor [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Research the Process

Jerk
DFaraday (5), kneel4justice (10)
18%

Fetch
No votes

Clucker
No votes

Man
thellama73 (2), MacDougall (6), DrumBeats (7), nijuukyugou (8), JaggedJimmyJay (9)
45%

The Spine (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), sig (3), Scotty (4), Spacedaisy (11)
36%

Total votes : 11
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Avenge me!

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

llama being killed indicates he was neither mafia nor Process, and I thought he was a good candidate for both. I need to reassess this game; there are only two town left after me. When this basketball game ends I'll start trying to look at everyone from a fresh perspective.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:llama being killed indicates he was neither mafia nor Process, and I thought he was a good candidate for both. I need to reassess this game; there are only two town left after me. When this basketball game ends I'll start trying to look at everyone from a fresh perspective.
Lik u r so wrong. Llama WAS the process. So now we r on our own and u r sooooooooo badddddd.

Can we PLZ kill JJJ?? Civs- listen up. We need to band 2gethr now more than ever. Like my vote doesnt count, but like others do and our numbers are now goin 2 start dwindling!!!! My Pom poms r getting heavyyyyy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cheerleader wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:llama being killed indicates he was neither mafia nor Process, and I thought he was a good candidate for both. I need to reassess this game; there are only two town left after me. When this basketball game ends I'll start trying to look at everyone from a fresh perspective.
Lik u r so wrong. Llama WAS the process. So now we r on our own and u r sooooooooo badddddd.

Can we PLZ kill JJJ?? Civs- listen up. We need to band 2gethr now more than ever. Like my vote doesnt count, but like others do and our numbers are now goin 2 start dwindling!!!! My Pom poms r getting heavyyyyy
Your agenda is pretty transparent at this point, Pom Poms. Man's role reveal is a very important one: it inherits the faction kill of the Camerata. That strongly suggests to me that Man is thus the killing arm for the Process faction, of which you are a part, and that its interests are pro-Process. You know llama wasn't the Process and I bet you know I'm not either. You're content to go after me because of it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The fact that I am still alive in this game makes me think there's a high probability that I have been pocketed by a town read who is thus trying to take advantage of me and anticipates support in my voting behavior down the stretch. With that in mind I am returning to the three I've been town reading the most: DrumBeats, nijuukyugou, and DFaraday, to discern where I may have gone wrong. Indeed, it's impossible for all three of them to be town with a 3:2:1 ratio. It is possible that none of them are Camerata. If one of them has pocketed me though, that would imply a Camerata alignment rather than a Process alignment, because the killing power has lied with the former. So for now, that's where my investigation is focused.

When I look back to each of the three as I have previously analyzed them, this still stands out to me the most:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Zebra has been posting nonsense that indicates nothing
It indicates that Zebra is playing in an unhelpful manner to the town, at least.

*votes Zebra*
So we're just going to policy lynch her and not discuss anything else?

I thought I brought meaningful content to the discussion regarding nutella, and literally NO ONE has commented on it, or anything else I've said about zebra. Why does it seem like no one gives a shit whether zebra is town or not?

This is nonsense.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:And no, I don't think Wilgy is being very helpful either, but he does this regardless of alignment. I don't recall Zebra ever behaving this way.
So because you interpret this behavior to be within zebra's meta, but Wilgy's is in within meta, then zebra's behavior being "weird" makes her worthy of your vote? How is that logical at all?

Weird DOES NOT EQUAL suspicious. Can anyone actually explain to me the mafia motivation behind zebra's actions?
MP voiced exaggerated displeasure at the Zebra wagon and DF was the target of that in a couple cases. Given that this was a white-knighting job by MP in defense of Zebra, this might be a nice look for DFaraday -- he'd be taking the brunt of the blame for the wagon that could be blamed on numerous people.

Slight mafia read in the second rainbow list.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Most of you zebra voters have some explaining to do. Please respond to my concerns at your convenience.
Zebra was acting weird. That was pretty much the extent of my thought process.
:suspish:

I'd like to lynch DFaraday.
MP definitely blamed DF for what happened to Zebra. Good look.
MP was highly vocal about how bad he felt the Zebra wagon was, and I think it's pretty clear that it was his desire to scapegoat at least a portion of that wagon (particularly given that he voted for his team mate on Day 1 instead of Zebra). Nobody felt MP's treatment of this more harshly than DFaraday, and indeed he promoted the lynch of DF entering a phase that saw MP's team mate lynched instead. I think this is a really solid look for DF, perhaps the single strongest interactive point in the game for anyone IMO.

I don't think it's likely MP and DF are team mates with this in mind.

~~~

When it comes to DrumBeats, I find myself returning to this:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:MP Rainbow List #1

Slight Town:
AllAlongtheBoardwalk
DrumBeats
Elohcin

Null:
a2thezebra
agleaminranks
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Illyria
JaggedJimmyJay
Matt
Nerolunar
nijuukyugou
reywaS
sig
thellama73

Slight Mafia:
nutella

Currently players are NOT ranked within groups by order of suspicion; rather, they are alphabetical.

Too many nulls. Please post more, nulls! So far, reywaS hasn't posted at all, and DFaraday and sig haven't posted yet during Day 1. Did I miss anyone else? Hope to hear from them soon.

I'm town reading AATB due to his contribution to the discussion last night when I pressured him, though I want more. I wasn't sure what to make of DrumBeats but having caught up now I'm seeing his attempts to engage people with this plan as genuinely town-minded, but it's still a slight lean. Elohcin is active and I'm enjoying it; I also am reading her attempts to engage others so far as genuine, and her frustrations displayed a townie mindset. All minor, but they're all worth town reads nonetheless. I think forming town reads, even very slight at this stage, is just as important as identifying mafia leans, perhaps even more so. So I intend on trying to sort through these as the day progresses and hopefully form some more. Please help me out with that, folks! Show me your townie spark.

*snip*
One of three green reads in the first rainbow list, alongside MP's team mate Elohcin. I find myself doubting that MP would put half his team in a pile of just three greens when the null pile is so huge. The highlighted cyan portion shows MP attempting to explain that green slot, and it's tentative like he doesn't want to give the controversial DB too much credit. Nice looks.
MovingPictures07 wrote:All six of zebra's voters, with perhaps the exception of DrumBeats: You're suspicious, regardless of zebra's alignment.
DB was the only person MP didn't berate among the voters in the Zebra wagon.
These two points make it such that associating DrumBeats with MP requires a significant swallowing of WIFOM. On Day 1 in MP's first rainbow, he gave us three "green" reads, one of which was Elohcin (confirmed team mate) and another was DrumBeats, alongside AATB/Scotty (confirmed non-team mate). Most baddies would not be inclined to put two team mates in their town reads when the number of town reads is so small. When I ask myself: "Would MovingPictures07 be willing to do that?", my answer is "It's possible, but only if he felt both team mates had been clearly pro-town in the thread and were generally trusted".

When it comes to DB, this is perhaps a contentious point. I wasn't especially suspicious of him on Day 1 and I think a number of people weren't, but he was still somewhat controversial because of his anti-Process elements proposal for town/mafia coordination. I would ask the thread at large: If you were a baddie on Day 1 and DB was your team mate, would you be comfortable calling him one of just three town reads given the proposal he put forth? I'm not sure I would be.

Moreover, the second post in that quote there makes it look like MP wanted people to associate him with DrumBeats. I am less confident about this than I am about DFaraday, but I do still lean towards a non-team mate relationship.

~~~

niju'ukyugou's strongest defense is in her votes, as she herself has recently assessed. In this late-game scenario I am less willing to trust a voting record to clear a player though, because baddies know who one another are. They have an easier time assembling a pristine voting record than townies do, who are struggling to solve the game. Her votes for baddies were as follows:

1. 2nd vote for Elohcin on Day 1
2. 4th vote for Elohcin on Day 2
3. 2nd vote for MP on Day 5
4. 2nd vote for MP on Day 6

1. This is a vote I have appreciated for much of the game. The Zebra wagon had taken off to the 6-vote total and had a commanding lead. With time limited in Day 1, the Elohcin wagon was created and grew rapidly to the point of closing within one vote of Zebra's. MP himself took part in this counterwagon, voting 3rd of 5. We know for a fact that this counterwagon had at least some Camerata participation, and I think it can be looked at in a different light with that in mind.

The wagon came close to tying Zebra's, but it still fell short. Given the time remaining and the players present to place a vote before the deadline, it was probably always a longshot for that wagon to meet the necessary target of 6 votes to tie Zebra's. This means to me that MP was gambling within this counterwagon -- promoting a wagon of his team mate, while the wagon he so loudly criticized (Zebra's) was still the most likely to net the Day's lynch. I think it's plausible that nijuukyugou (2nd vote of 5) was a part of the same strategy: to make it look like Elohcin was a potential lynch when it was never terribly likely that it'd resolve that way.

2. niju's vote was the 4th of 5 for Elohcin when she was lynched on Day 2. At the time of this vote, the only viable counterwagon was for Young Lady (sitting at 2 compared to Elohcin's 3). I would call this vote bus-compatible, but it doesn't have to be that.

3. niju's MP vote on Day 5 (2nd of 2, alongside Operator) came while Operator (the eventual lynch) was at 2 votes. This in a vacuum is a decent look, but I also think it's important to state that an element lynch looked like a strong possibility at this point and the baddies likely knew that as well as anyone else.

4. Strongest of niju's votes, I think. This one put MP in a tie with me, and enabled me to push MP beyond towards the gallows.

I also find myself returning to these:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Things nijuukyugou said to/about MovingPictures07:
nijuukyugou wrote:
thellama73 wrote:All right, I am here and caught. Right off the bat, I feel good about overly-enthusiastic MP. Seems like typical civ behavior from him. I also doubt Drumbeats would have proposed the voteswap if he were bad, so my voting choices are already narrowing down. Come on, other people, give me some more to work with.
LOL, I always see enthusiastic MP as the opposite. The red baddie lights go off when he's asking questions like this, but then again, I'm always inclined to keep an eye on the slippery sock. No actual ping except my gut, which is not enough to go off of at this point, so don't take that comment as such. Yet. I'd like to actually participate better in this game than I have in the last few games, and I believe I'm off to a good start.
This Day 1 commentary on MP is a bit of a waffle.
nijuukyugou wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Niju is getting my vote. MP, check my post in response to yours.
You have no explanation for this. Explain, please.
Nerolunar wrote:And it was probably a night action that provoked this poll change, so even if we lynch the wrong guy(me) then we can examine Squid and MP closer since one of them is guaranteed to be bad.
Not necessarily. I'm still of the mind that this is random annoying night action shenanigans. Or Epi shenanigans. Or both.
Nerolunar wrote:I don´t think that we are all civ. Spending a whole day without the opportunity to lynch a baddie is not good design imo. Epignosis knows this.
Epi does what he wants to amuse himself. This amuses him. He once had a night poll in which people were asked if they had "enough courage," and everyone who voted "yes" was put on the poll the next day, and everyone who didn't was left off. All who voted were civilian, if I recall correctly. This man has no soul :disappoint:
Nerolunar wrote:Voted Niju. She seems worse to me than MPm, although had it not been for this poll I would read her as civ. Oh well.

I just beat Sybil in the game :beer: It is an amazing soundtrack.
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I also don't appreciate the vote. Why am I worse than MP? Is it the tentacles?

I think I want to see MP as bad, because he tricks me (especially when he puts me at the top of his lists. But for good reason :noble: ), but I'm reading him as good this game. The point about his silencing and the mafia role power that reacts to targeting makes this argument stronger. And his explanation of changing his thoughts about Eloh rang true - I also saw her frustration with mafia in general as genuine at first, but then grew mightily suspicious when she kept going after Matt, etc. etc. (I've been over this, not gonna rehash).

Nero, alas, your avoidance of voting for Eloh in the last lynch makes you look worse out of the two of you. Voting Nero.
Also rather waffly.
The second one especially is giving me the heebie-jeebies right now. "I think I want to see MP as bad" is yikes at face value, and the roundabout method of arriving at a town lean looks a little manufactured.

Of these three, I think nijuukyugou is the most likely to have been a baddie behind the curtain. I actually suspect her considerably more now, and I want to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

K4J, I would like a response to this specific point; I feel it's the worst look for you in your MP interactions:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:Checking in on phone (celebrating my brother's birthday; don't want to miss the vote, but I'd like to give proper attention to my guest and family). For what I've been able to pay attention to for the last couple of days, I'm gonna vote MP. When I flip-flop on him, he's almost always bad, and his going after nutella yet reluctance to vote her way from said suspicion looks like a baddie knowing to avoid a lynch. I know that's not an awesome, eloquent explanation for my vote, but phone typing sucks and party calls. I'll address other stuff when I'm able to be more attentive.
I would like to hear from MP about this Nutella change. To me it seems foolish for him to go throughout the course of the game suspecting and then change opinions when Nutella were going to be lynched, because the damage is already done. It would be a poor decision if scum. But I can't expect everyone to act how I would if I were scum in their position. I've been holding the mindset that MP would be trying harder if he were scum and that the silencing was real because I didn't see him as the type to cop out if he were mafia, but perhaps I've been too blinded by these expectations of him.
As the thread climate worsened for MP, particularly as people were asking questions about his treatment of nutella, K4J took part with this post. The highlighted portion is a little suspicious at face value to me -- I've seen baddies qualify a fallen read on a team mate in similar ways.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac, I want to hear from you about this:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Mac said "Silent Flim" refers to MP in this Day 6 post. If true, it's the only mention Mac made of MP in this game prior to his demise. I think Mac's Day 6 was abysmal. He voted for me very early in the phase with no explanation, and just sat around while the pressure on MP mounted and eventually that wagon overtook mine. He waited until three hours pre-deadline to make this post, and I suspect he might have been pre-emptively linking me to MP. That was the most likely counterwagon to mine given the content I was putting in the thread and the increasingly negative climate surrounding MP. The agenda is visible after that when he immediately set out to claim I bussed MP based upon bad logic after MP had flipped bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Transistor [Night 6]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

With llama gone I also lose my top Process suspect. If I return to my voting analysis, I'm essentially left with process of elimination (no pun intended) to determine who else should be considered. I thought DFaraday and Mac both looked good in this regard, and I still don't think DrumBeats is likely to be the Process. He's been quite focused on destroying its elements, and I think there's more reason than ever now to agree with his stance that the elements are pro-Process regardless of perceived balance. Man's role reveal is highly suggestive of this reality, IMO.

That leaves me with niju and K4J as likely Process candidates. A little later I'll look around their posts for behavioral clues to see what may augment or oppose the night phase voting records.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 56

Post by MacDougall »

About what?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:About what?
Just respond to the assertions made however you may.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 37

Post by agleaminranks »

Being dead isn't so bad. This sand is nice.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

agleaminranks wrote:Being dead isn't so bad. This sand is nice.
Wait, you got sand where you are? Not fair! I got fire. :|
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 73

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Being dead isn't so bad. This sand is nice.
Wait, you got sand where you are? Not fair! I got fire. :|
Oh... That stinks. I got Ice cream!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Zombie party.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Hiiiiiii

If the good guys continue to vote out us little peeps, they will loze. Im suggesting we band together (hahah band geeks get it? Haha) and vote out JJj today. No joke. :cloud9:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Man this game is dead.

Whenenver y'all show up, I ask that you please do not place your votes until we've been able to have a discussion. It's a crucial phase obviously and we need to work together. If time is tight, then make your concerns heard tonight so they can be addressed well before tomorrow's deadline.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Golf »

Discussions are for the indecisive. *votes Mac* :mafia:
Fractal
sprityo

Return to “Previous Side Missions”